
YESIM NAZLAR: Good morning, good afternoon, good evening to everyone. Welcome to the AFRALO operating principles review working group call taking place on Thursday 9th of April 2020 at 16:00 UTC.

On our call today, on the English channel, we have Isaac Maposa, Barrack Otieno, Pastor Peters Omoragbon, Emmanuel Mfitumukiza, Seun Ojedeji, and Daniel Nanghaka.

On the French channel we have Abdeldjalil Bachar Bong, Michel Tchonang Linze, and Minata Zong-Naba. We haven't received any apologies for today's call, and from staff's side we have Sylvia Vivanco and myself, Yesim Nazlar and I'll also be doing call management on today's call.

As you know, we have French interpretation provided, and our interpreters are Isabelle and Camila. And before we start, just a kind reminder to please state your names before speaking, not only for the transcription but also for the interpretation purposes as well, please. And now I would like to leave the floor according to the agenda to Abdeldjalil. Over to you, Abdeldjalil. Thank you.

ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG: Good evening. Welcome to the second call for this operating principles working group. We have an agenda in front of us. We will review it. We have it in English and in French, so let's first adopt the agenda. So before we do that, I would like to ask if anybody has anything to add to the agenda.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

I do not see any raised hand, so it seems that we can adopt the agenda. The third point on the agenda is to recap our action items from the past meeting. For this, I would like to give the floor to the staff.

PASTOR PETERS OMORAGBONI: Sorry, I wanted to speak on the agenda. My line was muted. Can I speak?

INTERPRETER Okay. Excuse me. I have two people speaking at the same time. Who is this?

PASTOR PETERS OMORAGBONI: Pastor Peters.

ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG: Pastor Peters.

PASTOR PETERS OMORAGBONI: Do I have the floor?

INTERPRETER: Let me find out from Abdeldjalil. Pastor Peters, you have the floor.

PASTOR PETERS OMORAGBONI: Yes. I sent some revisions on the agenda so I want to find out from Abdeldjalil, did you read my revisions on the agenda items based on methodology [you sent out?]

ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG: Thank you. Yes, we did receive the comments. Those are the comments that were sent through the mailing list, and they were posted on the Wiki under the methodology. Those are the points that have to do with the methodology. I am going to stop here and give the floor to the chair at this point.

INTERPRETER Abdeldjalil is done speaking.

SEUN OJEDEJI: This is Seun.

YESIM NAZLAR: Seun, please go ahead. I don't think anyone is speaking on the French channel at the moment.

SEUN OJEDEJI: Thank you. I think, one, Abdeldjalil and Isaac, they are the co-chairs of this working group. So whoever is speaking among those two individuals, they're speaking as the chair of this working group. So when you say you give the floor to the chair, you're either giving the floor back to your colleague who is Isaac, or there's no other person, because

if you want to give the floor to me, then please mention my name so that I know—because I'm not here on this group as the chair of this working group. Or, of course, you can qualify it as well that you want perhaps the chair of AFRALO to speak.

Having said that, I think in relation to the comment from Pastor Peters, which I think are quite elaborate, I think. I see on the agenda that it's item number four on the agenda. And since what we are discussing right now is just to adopt the agenda, and I assume and I expect that the chairs are actually going to refer to the comment of Pastor Peters when we get to agenda item number four so that we can discuss it, and then address them as applicable.

I think item number four and five may eventually be similar, but at least we see how it goes. It's still okay that they are separated, but of course, as for me, as a member of this group, I think the agenda is good to go. Thanks.

ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG: Thank you very much, Mr. Chair of AFRALO. Thank you for this comment. Let's move on then to point three, and we will give the floor to the staff to address the action items. Staff, you have the floor.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Okay. Thank you very much. We'll review the action items. The first one is Abdeldjalil and Isaac will put the operating principles document into a Google document. This is completed.

Abdeldjalil and Isaac will draft a document with the working group methodology to be posted in the Wiki and the working group mailing list. This is completed. The working group names will be changed to AFRALO working group on the review of operating principles. Membership [selection completed.] And Yesim will send a Doodle to set up the recurring date and time every two weeks, starting on April 7. This is completed. Thank you. Over to you, Abdeldjalil.

ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG: Thank you very much, Sylvia. We are now going to move into point four and discuss the working methodology. And I'd like to give the floor to Isaac for this point four on working group methodology document. Isaac, you have the floor.

ISAAC MAPOSA: Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. Okay. On this action item, we should discuss on the working document which actually was sent via e-mail by Abdel, and that is an issue also which Pastor Peters raised. Now we are on it and we can discuss on the working document what you think needs to be added, what you think needs to be edited, [inaudible] so that we can agree on the working document and we can move on as the working group.

So now I call upon those people who have additions or who have contributions to make on the working document to bring up their contribution. I give the floor to working group members to make their contributions. Hello?

SEUN OJEDEJI: I can hear you, Isaac. My hand is up, actually.

ISAAC MAPOSA: [Oh, good.]

YESIM NAZLAR: Seun, please go ahead.

SEUN OJEDEJI: Okay. Thanks. I just wanted to declare on what we're discussing right now. We're discussing the methodology, and that is not in the Google docs, if I'm correct. That was sent on the mailing list, and that is an 11-point item. So I think it should be good that we have that displayed on the screen instead of the operating principles that we're looking at right now. Or maybe the content of the working document can actually be pasted into a section of these Google docs so that we are on the same page. Thank you, chair.

YESIM NAZLAR: If I may, [is this the] correct page that you have mentioned?

SEUN OJEDEJI: Yes. Exactly. This is the page. Thanks. So if I may just—Chair, may I?

YESIM NAZLAR: Seun, please go ahead. Thank you.

SEUN OJEDEJI: All right. Thank you. I went through the methodology. [Item seven,] I think it's good, that is very clear in terms of how the working group would decide, but even though I personally would suggest that that principle of consensus be used first before going into voting. So I would suggest modifying—if the members agree, suggest modifying item seven to give room for consensus decision making before actually deciding to go for voting if consensus does not work out.

And of course, if it has to [go to voting,] I'm fine with the majority which has been indicated. But of course, I would also suggest that the majority is defined. So, is it two thirds? Is it 50 plus one? I would suggest that that is actually clarified on item seven.

Of course, I have some [inaudible] some of the comments from Pastor Peters, and maybe when he takes the floor and puts them on the table, I will probably also react to some of them, [which] very helpful contribution to this working group as well. For now, that is just the main one that I thought I should mention. Thanks.

ISAAC MAPOSA: Hello. Sorry, my call disconnected so I missed the contributions that have been going on. I've just been connected back. Maybe Abdel, can you take over since you heard the contributions [inaudible]? Thank you.

ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG: Thank you very much. Thank you, Seun, chair of AFRALO. As you know, we are talking about the draft of a methodology as was asked during the last meeting. All of the members asked that we talk about a draft methodology so that we move in the right direction. So we need to figure out how we're going to work. So for this reason, we've prepared with the co-chair, Isaac, we've started to prepare a suggestion, a draft of a methodology to facilitate our work.

So we have it in English and in French. Point one would be a reading the operating principle by all of the members of the working group, so we need to study and truly understand the operating principles of AFRALO and what needs to be changed.

Point two, collection of opinions and contribution of the members of the working group on the Google doc on section five of the operating principles relating to individual membership. We worked and actually included the operating principles in English and in French on the Google document.

Point three, preparation of questionnaires for individual AFRALO members. We are working on membership, so we are working on individual membership, so what we thought is that we could have perhaps questionnaires prepared to get their contribution to understand what the members think. So that's point four. We will organize interviews on the Zoom platform to ask them what they thought of the last meeting. So we need to listen to the experiences of individual members. After the questionnaires, we can have interaction with the actual members to get their opinions and suggestions.

Point five, finalization of opinions. So after interviewing the individual members, we will finalize the operating principles on the Google doc, and then we will trigger the first phase of adoption of the modification of section five by the members of the working group. It's not just the work of the chair or the co-chairs, it's something that needs to be done by all of the members.

After that, we have point seven, voting principle is by majority vote of the members of the working group. So there will be a vote by consensus. Then we move on to point eight, organization of a webinar for ALSes. That's where Peters had something to say on that, but organizing a webinar related to AFRALO. We need to inform our ALSes of the modifications that we are doing, we need to listen to them. It's the way that democracy and consensus works.

After point eight, point nine, triggering of the last phase of amendment. Whether it's accepted or rejected by ALSes, the ALSes need to be able to see what was done and then they will be the ones to give feedback. After that, we have the voting principle, so if everybody agrees, we will move on to voting by the ALSes and to see what is modified. If it is modified, it needs to be approved by the ALSes. And then we'll have entry into force of the final decision.

So I wanted to remind you that this is a draft of the methodology that we've put together. Each member of the group can contribute something to this. I will stop here and give the floor to the co-chair, Isaac, to see if he has something to add, or to any other member who would like to react to this. Thank you very much.

ISAAC MAPOSA: Thank you, Abdel, for taking over. Now my contribution is, Abdel highlighted this document is a draft. It's not the final working document. So we are soliciting for your comments and your contributions so that we can have a perfect working document which everyone agrees to. So we welcome your contributions as working group members. I'm sure the link was sent to the working group to the draft document so that you can actually put your contribution there and we can actually come up with the final working group document. Thank you. Back to you, Abdel. You can take over. Hello.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Pastor Peters would like to speak.

ISAAC MAPOSA: Sure. He can go ahead. Pastor Peters, you have the floor. Sorry, I can't hear anything from Pastor Peters. Is he speaking?

YESIM NAZLAR: Sorry, Isaac, I'm just checking with our interpreter, with our operator to make sure he's on the bridge and unmuted, of course.

ISAAC MAPOSA: Okay. Is there another hand? I can't see another hand, so we can wait for him. Seun, you can go ahead as we wait for Pastor Peters.

SEUN OJEDEJI:

Thank you, chair. I'm not sure, I think my comment was perhaps not [inaudible] initially. So Abdeldjalil, yes, I'm very clear about the fact that you have drafted the working method, methodology which is very good. But my comment was actually on the methodology and item seven of the methodology which indicated the working group decision formats, which is actually going straight to voting. And I was suggesting that it's been noted on item seven that efforts will be made to decide based on consensus and it is when there is no consensus that voting will then be used.

I also suggested that the majority votes be clarified. Two third majority or 50 plus one? Is it two third members of the working group or those who are in attendance? It [it doesn't need to be clarified when you decide we do give some time for members who did not attend the call to make decision.] Perhaps that can be the question of the co-chairs, but at least the one about consensus needs to be documented as a recommendation. I'm recommending that to the working group [inaudible]. Thanks.

ISAAC MAPOSA:

Thank you, Seun, for the contribution. Unfortunately, I missed those contributions when you first made [inaudible]. I will take that into consideration. We'll adopt the voting by consensus as requested, but first of all, let me hear from the other working group members if they do agree to that. If there's anyone who has a comment on that, they can actually contribute on that.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Can I have the floor, please?

ISAAC MAPOSA: Okay. Before Daniel, Pastor Peters has reconnected now. Okay, Daniel, you can go ahead.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Okay. Following the discussion on consensus, I think I'm in total agreement with that discussion of consensus, but I think we should put a clause that where consensus has failed, or there's rough consensus or there is no full consensus, whatever it may be, we should proceed to go to the vote whereby it's clearly outlined the percentage of votes to be given in, of which I'd like to further clarify that I'm in agreement with what Seun has said.

But what I'll also need to look at is the adoption of the modification that is looking at point number six of the operating principles by the members of the working group.

PASTOR PETERS OMORAGBONI: Pastor Peters is back on.

ISAAC MAPOSA: Pastor Peters, you can hold until Daniel is done.

PASTOR PETERS OMORAGBONI: All right.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Thank you very much.

ISAAC MAPOSA: Daniel, you can proceed.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: I think the respective phase of adoption has to be clearly outlined, because the members of the working group have to begin by understanding what the definition of consensus is because it varies from group to group, and how do you get into all these respective agreements? Let me give the floor back to you, chair. Thank you.

ISAAC MAPOSA: Thank you, Daniel. I do agree with you. We'll go by consensus, so we'll actually edit the work document so that we put that into effect as I see there's no one against that. So actually put that into the working document. So work on consensus, and if consensus is failed, then we can move on to votes. I think everyone is in agreement with that. Thank you. Now we can give the floor to Pastor Peters. You can now proceed.

PASTOR PETERS OMORAGBONI: Could I ask the staff to please look into the issue of the Zoom channel? I could hear everybody talk through the Zoom, but when I'm talking, nobody is hearing me.

In any case, I did make my contributions of the version of the draft methodology that was sent out by the co-chairs, and I'm going to just address my comment one by one on each item. So number one, generally, the methodology, the drafts as far as I'm concerned appear too wide a role for this working group. It's like we are moving away from what our assigned roles should be.

So as a result, I made comments on each item one by one. On item one, I have no issue with it. Everyone is supposed to have an idea of what we're looking at by reading the already adopted rules of procedure in 2017.

Item two, my comment was what the rules of procedure actually proposed and adopted by AFRALO [inaudible] was specifically point 5.12, that is the basis for this working group. Point 5.12 was clear that the individual membership issue will be reviewed by or before two years [inaudible] to reconsider the rights and duties of unaffiliated members in light of the experience gained during the initial trial.

That is basically the review that this working group should be looking at, but I am concerned with the spread of the activities as [inaudible] methodology. It is like this working group is taking a life of its own by [inaudible] taking over the functions of AFRALO at large [inaudible].

On item three, preparation of questionnaire. My question is, questions in what regards? If I may ask. So what [inaudible] questions individual member for? Why are we going to subject them to a form of interview?

Now, item number four, says organization of interviews on the Zoom platform of individual members to collect their opinions and

suggestions. To me, that is not the job of the working group, it is for the AFRALO leadership. But what we should concern ourselves with, what interview then? Is it just asking them to submit to the working group a written submission of what their experiences are or what their reflections are, or what proposals they tend to make based on their experience in the last two years?

So formalization of opinions on Google, that could come in different formats. Of that, I have no idea. I have no comment on that.

The other comment I have has to do with item number eight, organization of a webinar for ALS. What is a webinar about? Is this the function of the working group or AFRALO leadership? Because I believe that if we as a working group recognize what we're actually looking at, our function is item 5.12 of the rules of procedure. That is what we are reviewing. We want to see what progress had been made, and then we can take comments from individual members and from ALSes [inaudible] experience from this group.

So those are my observations, and that if we look at them, there may be a need for us to do away with some of these [items I included here and then we should assess to] the main agenda that we're supposed to look at, which is item number 5.12 of the rules of procedure as adopted in 2017. So that is my comment for now. Thank you.

ISAAC MAPOSA:

Okay. Thank you, Pastor Peters, for your contributions. Maybe I can answer some of the issues that you raised on your comment. On item two, collection of opinions and contributions of the members of the

working group, [your] comment is that we are specifically looking at item 5.12. The working group is working on points from 5.5 to item 5.12, not specifically 5.12. So basically, we are reviewing how the working principles work in connection with regard to individual membership. So that is from item 5.5 to item 5.12.

So basically, we'd need opinions and contributions from members on those items on what they think we should review with regards to individual membership. So we would want to solicit views and contributions from the working group members so that they can tell us, what should we review, and we collect that information and actually share on the group so that we can start working on what has been raised by the members.

Then the other issue that you raised was on item three where you asked about what questions. Basically, those who have been individual members within AFRALO, they have their experience of being individual members. So basically, we'll create a survey that'll actually gather information from these individual members. That'll help us to have a view on what worked and what did not work and what can we actually advise on the issues with regards to individual membership. So the survey responses from these individual members will also be shared with the working group members so that we can look into those issues raised by the individual members.

Then the other issue was on—I think I [can] cover that. For now, I can give the floor to Abdel so that he can also cover the other issues that you raised if he has any comments on that. Thank you. And maybe our

time is also running out. We need to move to the next item. So Abdel, can we just be short and concise so we can move on? Thank you. Hello?

YESIM NAZLAR: Isaac—

ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG: Hi. Thank you, Pastor Peters, for all these contributions and comments that will, I am sure, add to the quality of our work. We are analyzing the best responses possible, but you mentioned item five on membership and you mentioned point 5.12 on the [inaudible] where we discussed individual membership which was to be assessed before two years or two years after the adoption of this unaffiliated membership. We are not clear as to which of the two documents we should be taking as our mandate. That's what I think we should be accurate about. Thank you.

ISAAC MAPOSA: Thank you, Abdel. I see there's a hand raised. I'll give the floor to Sarah Kiden.

SARAH KIDEN: Thank you. Isaac, I just wanted to speak on your response to Pastor Peters. I actually like some of the things you were saying about evaluating what worked and what did not work with individual members. I don't know if you can find a way to put it on the draft methodology, like somehow try to explain it somewhere so that it's clear that this was one of the mandates of the working group and

actually one of the things we look out for. I think we can just put this under one of the points so that it's clear. That's what I wanted to say. Thank you.

ISAAC MAPOSA:

Thank you, Sarah. Sure, we'll do that. We'll try to make the work document more elaborate and include those comments. Thanks so much for your contribution. Is there any hand up, any other contribution on this before we move on to the next item? Okay, Seun, you can go ahead.

SEUN OJEDEJI:

Thank you, chair. Yeah, I think first, there are some suggestions that have been made now which will require editing the methodology, so I'll suggest that the methodology is actually put on Google docs so that we can crowd edit it and then the co-chairs can finalize it.

Pastor Peters made some comments. Of course, some of the comments, I've already reacted to, but what I wanted to mention as well, yes, I think item two needs to be reworded in a way that it is clear that we are only working on individual membership, because it says relating to membership. So item two should probably just add "individual" to it, so that way it is clear that you're only focusing on individual membership.

In item three, preparation of questionnaire for individual—so I think that is what Sarah was mentioning there. So I think it should just be clear that, okay, questionnaires [inaudible] just editorials to make the document much more self-explanatory to anyone that is reading it so

actually we are clear [that we're not going out of scope] and [inaudible] very clear.

In terms of some of the comments that Pastor Peters made on item eight in terms of webinars, I will suggest that you put it, if need be, "The working group may organize webinars." And it's not going to be webinars for just the ALSes, it's going to be webinars for members of AFRALO. It can be [inaudible] members of AFRALO. Everybody that is attending, [inaudible] ALSes. There's nothing wrong with working group actually doing a webinar to tell the ALSes and the AFRALO membership, including the individual membership about the status of your work, because eventually, it is the ALSes that vote for a change of the rule. So there's nothing wrong with the working group doing that.

And it's indeed not the work of the AFRALO leadership. That is what the working group is all about. The working group is actually to also do this kind of—any initiatives as to actually push the activity or the work of this working group. Yes, the working group should actually do it, and the working group, I expect that you actually understand this, their processes or how they arrive at this final output even better than the AFRALO leadership. So it's better that they're the ones that lead such a webinar, if it actually happens.

But I would suggest that you put this on the conditional aspect, not that we must do it, because you may also find out that you don't really need a webinar [inaudible] continuing this process, especially if you have done surveys from the beginning. So I suggest a conditional statement for item eight.

For item nine, yes, Pastor Peters is quite in order on that, because what the working group will do when you finalize your draft, you will just push the final draft to the leadership. So this is where the leadership then take over.

So I think from item nine down to 11 is really not an activity of the working group. So you may have series of drafts: draft one, draft two where you actually consult with the membership, call for more comments, or if there's any suggestions and so on and so forth. But once the draft is final, it should then be handed over to the leadership who will then initiate the process to actually have the membership—which is basically ALSes—to vote. And those voting processes are already clear in our rules of procedure, so there's no need for this working group to [set a new or attempt to write a voting] process for ALS [inaudible] majority or not. So I think item nine to 11 does not need to be in the methodology of this working group.

Item nine needs to be changed to perhaps working group sends the final draft to the leadership of AFRALO. And it's at that point that maybe you can then put an item ten to say the leadership may decide to dissolve the working group accordingly.

So that is what I suggest should be the scope of how this methodology should look like, but I think that this can be written on the Google doc and then we can see how we can edit it to make it much more [inaudible].

I'd just like to thank you, co-chairs, for a job well done for actually starting this draft. If you don't have this [inaudible] discuss in the first

place. So thank you for doing that, and I think that is a good direction towards completion of this working group's task. Thanks.

PASTOR PETERS OMORAGBONI: Pastor Peters.

ISAAC MAPOSA: Thank you, Seun, for the contribution. We'll put that into effect to remove item nine to item 11 and edit it accordingly as you have recommended. And also, as we mentioned, we'll share this document on Google docs so that every working group member can have access to it and put some contributions onto the working document. [Okay, Pastor Peters, you can go.]

PASTOR PETERS OMORAGBONI: Pastor Peters [inaudible].

ISAAC MAPOSA: Yes. I'll give you just a short time to [inaudible].

PASTOR PETERS OMORAGBONI: Yeah. One minute. In that regard, in view of the conversations made, can we now merge item three and four together to constitute the questionnaire that should be sent out to the individual members to answer? Because item four is saying organizing an interview, Zoom, for individual members. [inaudible] process.

So I don't see that as relevant if we can provide them with the questionnaire for them to answer, then you collect, analyze the responses to the questionnaire. That can give the working group an idea of what [inaudible]. Or better still, ask them to support whatever their answers to the questionnaire are with a written document that'll be shared instead of subjecting them to interview through the Zoom as proposed.

ISAAC MAPOSA:

Thank you, Pastor Peters. That is a valid point. Thank you so much for the contribution. Now we can move on to our next item on our agenda. Our next item is to see what you think should be reviewed from our operating principles document starting from section 5.5 up to 5.12. So we'd want your input on what you think should be reviewed on these sections, and your contributions on this will be collected and we'll start actually working on the issues that we have raised.

So now I open the floor to all group members to make their contributions. I think I did share the Google doc on our chat before. I can share it again now so that everyone can have access to the Google doc of the operating principles document, but specifically, we are focusing on section 5.5 up to section 5.12. Now I give the floor to the working group members. Barrack, you can go ahead.

BARRACK OTIENO:

Thank you very much, chair. I wanted to propose [inaudible] the conversation, is it possible if we have a background paper on where we have come from insofar as the work of this committee is concerned, and

[inaudible] the issues that are [inaudible] and what [inaudible] so what we're asking them to advise us. Because just listening to this meeting, [inaudible] clarification has had to be done which took into consideration historical background to the process.

So I suggest that if we can have a one-pager that gives a brief history of the work of [the AFRALO] rules of procedure working group, where we've come from, where we are, the issues that [inaudible]. It would really make our work very easy as we engage among ourselves and we engage the members. thank you.

ISAAC MAPOSA:

Thank you, Barrack, for your contribution. I think also, if you'd look at our Wiki page, there's also a brief background of where this working group is coming from. I've shared the link on the Zoom. You can have a look at the Wiki page. On the start of the section on the Wiki page, it actually highlights where it's coming from. I think it'll give a rough overview.

Then specifically, this working group is going to work on the issue of individual membership which will be focused on the section 5.5 up to section 5.12. I think those were also covered in our previous call. I do advise that you can actually, if you can go to the recording, Seun actually highlighted on the background of the group, what we are supposed to work on as a working group. I'm not sure if you answered on that. Okay, I see Sarah is raising her hand. Sarah, you can take the floor.

SARAH KIDEN: I don't know if I'm getting [inaudible] right, but to me, what I'm getting is that this document is not just for this working group because at the end of the day, [inaudible] individual members and [inaudible] ALSes. So this document is just for anyone who will be—

ISAAC MAPOSA: Sorry, Sarah, can I interject, I can't hear you clearly. There's background noise on the call.

SARAH KIDEN: [inaudible].

YESIM NAZLAR: Isaac and Sarah, apologies. If you can please wait a minute or so. I've already asked our operator to locate the beeping. I'm sure we'll mute that person shortly. Okay. Back to you, Sarah. Thank you.

SARAH KIDEN: Okay. So I was just saying I think Barrack's suggestion—I don't know if I'm getting him right—is not for this working group, because I'm sure this working group is now clear on what they need to do, but it's for anyone else, because [inaudible] ALSes who are at the end of the day going to be voting. So I agree that they just need [inaudible] this is what is happening and this is what [inaudible]. If you decide to have the webinar, for example, that could be a nice background document for them. Thank you.

ISAAC MAPOSA: [inaudible] but that will be just consolidating the background so that everyone can have that overview. But I'm also sure that the Wiki also fills out a bit of clarity, but maybe to be more specific with regards to what sections we're working on and what exactly we're working on, would need to put some clarity on that, maybe, for other people to understand. Thanks so much.

Is there another contribution? I don't see any in here. Okay, Seun.

SEUN OJEDEJI: Thank you, chair. I would suggest some action items be put on some of the things that we have been discussing so that it's easy to track on them. I think the ones that come to mind, putting the document on the work methodology on Google Docs, reviewing it based on the comments that have been made on this call and then the next action item, having this one-pager that actually talks about the work of the working group. And yes, Isaac, you're right. I think what is on the Wiki—which is the introduction on the Wiki, and by the time the working group also completes, finalizes their methodology, can actually form part of that brief working document which can be available to anybody.

And I would suggest that perhaps the methodology, maybe it's also categorized into stages so that at least the working group has some sense of progress in terms of timeline. Okay, methodology, during stage one, this is what we're going to be doing, during stage two, this is what we're going to be doing. Stage three is probably when we finalize and submit to the AFRALO leadership and stuff like that. Co-chairs can

probably categorize the current text. Maybe that'll also help give you a sense of progress once you start implementing. Thanks.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Thank you, Seun. Perhaps Abdeldjalil, please, or Isaac.

ISAAC MAPOSA: Sorry, I just noticed my mic seems to have been muted. I'm sure staff have been taking note of the action items and I also noted the issues that have been raised. Now I give the floor to Abdel, my co-chair.

ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG: Hi. Thank you so much. I think that we put now the methodology of working group in Google doc, so anyone can see it now. And if you forget to take your points, you can put it in Google doc. After that, we can track easily.

And I would like to say that this working group is not only for the co-chair, Abdeldjalil and Isaac. It's for everyone. Everyone can contribute and go forth. So that's what I want to say, and thank you so much for participating in this meeting. So I can give the floor to the staff for our next meeting.

ISAAC MAPOSA: Thank you, Abdel, for the contributions. I think our time is running out, and our next issue was on timelines and next steps. I'm sure the timelines and next steps now is the issues that have been raised. One,

we have to put up the working document on Google after we've put into consideration the issues we raised today so that people can start contributing and making some edits.

And also, we have to put up a page highlighting the specific work of the working group. I'm sure staff will share with us all the action items that were raised in this call so that we can proceed with the working group. And also, we'll send an e-mail to the working group members to start raising the issues. I've noticed [there weren't any raised] in this call. We need working group members to contribute on the issues they think should be worked on with regards to the work document on the issues that we should be working on as a working group. So the issues you raised, you look at section 5.5 up to section 5.12, then you can share the issues you think we should review as a working group.

That being said, I think that's all for now. Any Other Business, or is there any hand raised?

SILVIA VIVANCO:

Thank you so much to each and every one of you for participating. Yesim has now the dates of the next teleconference. Yesim, please.

YESIM NAZLAR:

Thank you, Silvia. The next call will be on Thursday, 23rd of April at 16:00 UTC, so same time, not next week but the following week. I've just put it on Zoom chat as well. Thank you.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Thank you so much, Yesim, and thank you everyone. Have a nice rest of the day.

SEUN OJEDEJI: Thanks. Bye.

YESIM NAZLAR: Thank you all. This meeting [inaudible].

ISAAC MAPOSA: Thank you all. Bye.

YESIM NAZLAR: And a great rest of the day. Bye.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]