
CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Good morning, good afternoon and good evening to everyone, welcome to the ALAC Monthly Teleconference Call on Tuesday, the 25th of February, 2020 at 2 UTC. On the call today we have Abdulkarim Oloyede, Dave Kissoondolyal, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Holly Raiche, Justine Chew, Maureen Hilyard, Humberto Carrasco, Marita Moll, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Veratius Exeama, Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Vanda Scartezini, Sébastien Bachollet, Hadia Elimiawi, Javier Rua-Jovet, Satish Babu.

On the Spanish Channel we have Sergio Salinas Porto. We have received apologies from Joanna Kulesza, Loris Taylor and Yesim Nazlar from staff. From staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Evin Erdogdu, Silvia Vivanco, Alperen Eken and myself, Claudia Ruiz on call management. Our interpreters for today are David and Veronica on Spanish and Claire and Jacques on French.

Before we begin, I would like to remind everyone to please state their name before speaking for the transcription purposes and also so the interpreters can identify on the other language channels. Thank you very much and with this I turn the call over to you Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thanks Claudia. A very good morning to EURALO members who are up at three am in the morning, I'm very grateful that you're here. Good afternoon and good evening to everyone else as well. Welcome to our February 2020 ALAC meeting. For me, I'm in Auckland New Zealand, so it's 3PM, which is very unusual for me to have an afternoon meeting

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

and I've just returned from the APRICOT and the APTLD meeting, which was very good.

Today, we're going to start with our usual activities related to -- we'll start with action items of course and then we'll get the updates on our many policy development activities, our ALS and individual membership update and of course, any reports on activities related to our RALO chairs, their liaisons and working group leaders.

Following that, we're going to move on to more recent items, firstly will be a report from our Board Member, if Leon is here, he might have some interesting things to tell us. We'll then have some updates from the leaders of our post Montreal and ATLAS III activities.

Then, an update on Alan and his ALS Mobilization Work Party, which meets earlier today. Then, we'll have a brief overview of what we know is going to happen with the ICANN67 virtual meeting that's going to be held in lieu of Cancun. We've got a meeting coming up which we'll probably learn a bit more but we can tell you what we've been working to date on that.

Then we have some additional items which I've added onto the Any Other Business but if anyone has anything else that they'd like to add to that, please let me know. I've just realized that I haven't opened my Zoom Room, I'm doing that right now. Can someone tell me if anyone has their hand up for additional items?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Maureen, there is no one with their hand up.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Okay, great. Let's get going then. Action items, I don't think we've got too much in the way of action items. The one remaining item of course is the reformation of the Metrics Working Group, which I know is a work in progress and there are still some activities that need to be done to finish off some of the other items before we begin on -- finish off some items in the At-Large Review and Implementation, so that Cheryl and Gisella can get going on their -- that's an item, we can't check it off just yet, we'll just leave it at that and we'll just make that something that we'll keep working at until we get that going.

Can we start then with our Policy Development Activities? Thank you, Evin, and your group?

EVIN ERDOGDU:

Thank you, Maureen. I'll just provide a brief summary and then turn it over to Olivier and Jonathan. As you can see on the agenda, we have several statements recently ratified by the ALAC, since the last ALAC Monthly Meeting. Most recently was the proposed final report of the New gTLD Auction Proceeds CCWG and the rest of the two other statements and one other advice on ISOC/PIR, the summaries on the agenda for you.

There is some additional information as well on 13 February updates on the ISOC/PIR issue, including a letter from Martin Buttermann to the chair of ISOC, as well as a letter from Joan to PIR. To note on tomorrow's CPWG call, there will be an update, a guest speaker from PIR to discuss their recent policy. Also, an At-Large valentine was

submitted to the ICANN Board regarding the proposed amendment breach at a .COM registry agreement.

There is also a call for feedback regarding a new interface regarding the ICANN Public Comment, there is a link on the agenda as well and I'll share in the chat to a demo version of the ICANN Public Comment Page and the ICANN Org is requesting feedback from the Community by the 13th of March.

Regarding Public Comment for Decision, there is currently one ICANN Public Comment that's open for decision, this is the Middle East and adjoining countries strategy for 2021 to 2025, this closes on the third of April 2020 and it affects primarily At-Large Community Members in the AFRALO and APRALO region.

Beyond this, we have several current statements in development, one that will be submitted soon, there was a final call for comments sent out last week, which closes Sunday on the Draft FY21-25 Operating & Financial Plan and Draft FY21 Operating Plan & Budget, and this also included a supplemental statement at the end regarding the appendix C on the MultiStakeholder Model, so this will be submitted soon today and then the ALAC vote will be launched.

In addition, there are five more ALAC statements in development regarding the SSR2 Review Team Draft Report, the EPDP Phase 2, as well as NextGen ICANN Program Improvement and NCAP study as well as revised community travel support guidelines and all of these statements have small drafting teams formed that will be presenting on the CPWG. With that, I'll turn it over to Olivier and Jonathan. Thanks very much.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Is Jonathan on the call?

CLAUDI RUIZ: No, Jonathan has not joined yet.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Just a couple of points to make. Of course, I'm not going to speak to you about the Operating and Financial Plan, hopefully you have all read it, since we're voting time. The second security stability and resiliency review team draft report has already got a proposed comment from Alan Greenberg.

I think many of us share the concern of the SSR1 recommendations not having being fully implemented so many years later and really seeing that SSR2 is pretty much on the same, noticing that the recommendations were not implemented and yet asking for them to implemented. Hopefully that strong statement is going to help with moving things forward.

With regards to the others, well the expedited PDP of course, a very topic that's on the table and we finally have this big report, Hadia is going to help with drafting a response on this, if you're interested with the registration data and the whole topic of expedited PDP then please go for this and I'm sure colleagues who were on the call might be able to say a few words about this.

Draft proposal for NextGen at ICANN Program Improvement, again, an important topic. Unfortunately, the cancellation of the forthcoming meeting has somehow prevented NextGen from attending, so they'll be renewed pressure perhaps for the draft proposal to be able to include maybe more people in future meetings or improve on the way and make this program even more successful than it currently is.

The NCAP Study and the Revised 20 Travel Support Guidelines are really for the end of March, so please do have a look, they've come out recently and there is still plenty of time to think about this but I should say, please focus on the first three that are there because these are the ones we'll be speaking about specifically tomorrow, plus of course, from PIR, to answer any questions we might have. I see that Alan, you've put your hand up and Hadia as well, I can imagine what both of you are going to be speaking about, so Alan Greenberg, you have the floor.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright, what am I going to be speaking about?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I'm sure you're going to be speaking about the Travel Support Guidelines. I beg to be wrong as well.

ALAN GREENBERG: I haven't even looked at them. No, I'm speaking about the SSR2 comment and just wanted to -- you said we were upset that the SSR1, none of them are deemed to be fully implemented. That part is not my real concern.

My real concern is, all 28 of the recommendations have been judged by ICANN Org to be fully implemented and the SSR2 team has deemed them to be none of them fully implemented, that's the problem in my mind, not that we couldn't get something done, but that we believed it was done based on the internal evaluation.

You've heard that from me before in the RDS Review and to a lesser extent on ATRT, that is one of the real concerns, not that we're not getting all the work done but we believe we are and we stop trying. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBOND: Thanks very much for this, Alan. That's actually even worse than just saying we're not doing the work. Hadia.

HADI ELIMIAMI: Thank you, Olivier. I raised my hand because I thought I was going to present tomorrow about an introduction to ICANN Middle East Engagement Strategy, being part of the drafting group, I could actually make a brief presentation about the strategy and whether it is ALAC and the users interest or not to comment on it. Of course, the conclusion is yes. Is this something you'd like to hear about tomorrow?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much for this, Hadia, we'll add you to the agenda if you're not already added. I note Evin has just noted this, thank you. Any other questions or comments? Normally, I would ask whether Jonathan has

anything else to add but he hasn't made it yet, so maybe a bit later during the call.

That's all for this week. I hope to have good feedback on the points that are there. It's great to see such a diversity of people holding the pen of penholders, really happy to see so many people at work. Hard at work in At-Large. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Olivier. If that's all from policy for the moment, then let's move on to the Membership. First of all, before we do that I did not that Abdulkarim mentioned that he had something for AOB at the end. Perhaps when we get to it, Abdulkarim you can let us know. Who is giving the presentation on ALS and Individual Members? Alperen, okay.

ALPEREN EKEN:

I will be telling you the review of individual member snapshot. Currently, we have 61 members from 32 territories and countries from AFRALO, 59 ALSes from 29 countries and territories from APRALO, 39 ALSes from 18 countries and territories from EURALO, 58 ALSes from 22 countries and territories from LACRALO, 24 ALSes from 3 countries and territories from NARALO. In total, we have 241 ALSes from 104 countries and territories.

We have recently certified ACSIS from Côte d'Ivoire from AFRALO. We have no decertifications for this meeting. We have no votes rating. We have 8 ALSes, applications still waiting for advice, 2 are waiting for the due diligence and 7 of them are on hold.

In the individual part we have 14 individual members and 3 observers in AFRALO, we have 27 individuals and no observers, in APRALO we have 66 individuals and 6 observers, in EURALO we have no members and 11 observers, in LACRALO we have 31 members and no observers. In total we have 128 individual members and 20 observers. We recently accepted one individual member NARALO and we have 2 applications, one from AFRALO and one from APRALO. Thank you, over to Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Alp. I was wondering, we should really add another column in there. I'd like to see over a period of time what the growth is in regards to individual members and ALS members. We'll look at some way we can show the growth, even if it's a January number and then each month we can see how we're growing in numbers with regards to our ALSes and individual members. Thank you for that anyway. Are there any questions or queries? Alan, has his hand up.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Thank you. I noticed LACRALO has 11 observers but no individual unaffiliated members. Are unaffiliated members currently allowed and are we telling people about it? I just find it curious that we have that many observers but no one has chosen to become an unaffiliated member.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Have you included that into your ALS Mobilization paper?

ALAN GREENBERG: No, unaffiliated members are not ALSes.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I know, I know.

ALAN GREENBERG: I don't need an answer, I was just really curious, are they really allowed and are we publicizing or is the zero an indication that we're not ready for prime time yet in LACRALO?

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: We right now are having 11 members as observers. We are just about to open our new rules of procedures for discussion and right now, there is 11 members as observers, we will give them the possibility to be individual members, so that they can start their work as full members in the region but this has to undergo a process, that's why they are observers right now.

So far, we have not been able to reach agreement on how our individual members will participate. That is why we are undergoing a process to write the rules of procedure and once this process is completed we will start the discussions within the working group and then we will bring this full discussion for the whole region so that all our members or individual members or our observers in this case can become full individual members with rights within the region. That's all, thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you. Alberto.

ALBERTO SOTO: I just wanted to ask Sergio because the [inaudible] to end the rules of procedures was before the last ICANN meeting last year, so if there is a new commitment, this is because we are behind, so I want to know why this is happening.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Maureen, can I answer?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Please do.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: It is very simple, Alberto. This question should not be answered here, they should be answered in LACRALO, I prefer that you ask them in LACRALO. These things are late because the process is a bit delayed and once everything is ready, we will probably be ready to put them into practice, otherwise, let me just say, that there is really no need to speed things up.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Sergio, thank you, Alberto. Moving on then, are there no other questions then? A little bit of clarification on the chat about the status of observers. It's a legitimate classification and as happening in LACRALO, they do have to make some changes to their rules of

procedure and once that's been organized, as Sergio said, though anyone who wants to become an individual member will be able to do that.

No other questions or queries related to that. We can move on to reports and discussions from anyone from our ALT Plus leadership who wants to report, liaisons, working group leaders and RALO chairs. Cheryl.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Thank you, Maureen. As you all know, I can see there are dozens of you every month who go and read regular council liaison updates I make, I rarely these days need to give you any specific details in a meeting. The GNSO Council on its February 20th meeting unanimously resolved to adopt the report from the small team regarding the now settle years of work that the council has been doing on PDP3.0.

That means, that as of the 20th of February, the GNSO Council adopted GNSO PDP3.0 Final Report and there is half a dozen following resolution outlining how it will now be implemented and indeed reviewed to see its effectiveness in a timely manner. You next opportunity to make any changes to how it's going to operate will during the review of implementation and feedback opportunity. Thank you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Cheryl. Yrjo.

YRJO LANSIPURO: Just to note that I've been in touch the GAC chair and we tried to keep the tradition of ALAC/GAC meeting during this Cancun.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Great, thank you. Sébastien, our RALO chair, who's trying to keep himself awake, I know.

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you very much, Maureen. That's the only reason I wanted to talk with you now. I'm not sure that the rest of the family will like that but that's okay, no worries. Just to let you know that we have conducted an interview of the new vice president for Europe from Global Stakeholder Engagement and he's also taking care of the office in Brussels. When I was in Brussels, that will be published soon as a newsletter from EURALO.

I wanted to know if there is a place where in the website will be more convenient to publish this type of information that is done in the report from the EURALO work done for the month or for the trimester. I think this type of information deserves another place but I didn't find where and maybe it's not the right time answer my question but it will be great if I can an answer later please. Thank you very much.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Sébastien. We normally for the collection of leadership positions, do we not have a page Heidi, for that sort of information?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, I just put in the EURALO webpage, which we might be able to move that around a little bit. There's a little area for a spotlight, so we could possibly put that in there as well. If you wanted to, what we could do, is for all the RALO webpages, we could add who their GSC either managing director or regional VP is, that might be a useful idea.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yup, that sounds good. Does that sound acceptable Sébastien?

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yes, definitely we can do that. I was looking for maybe a more global page, where we can have this type of information. It's just not names of the GSC, vice president, it's full interview with a lot of questions and the answer could be interesting, not just for EURALO but also for other regions. For example, we talk about what GSC will concentrate on, of course it's based on what he will in Europe but I think it would apply to other places.

I just wanted to raise the issue that we have a new vice president for Europe, in fact it's a misleading name because he's in charge of 28 countries, European Union plus United Kingdom but we have another GSC representative for the ex-Soviet Union countries and the lady in charge left ICANN, therefore we are without any contact from this part of the world. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Great. Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Another place where we could put this interview and the photos that go along with it, is on the At-Large homepage. We have a feature section at the bottom of the page where we normally feature upcoming events or important events and we can likely put that there Sébastien as well. Also, if we haven't tweeted that out yet or put it on Facebook, that might be other ways to get that information out. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Great. I think that's something that we can have a little discussion about Sébastien and probably something to raise with other RALO chairs in case they have similar new items that they want to highlight, where we might be able to put them first off. Sometimes I worry about the homepage, the At-Large homepage and the wiki space and about how well they're actually being used. We do need to make sure that it's on a page that people actually do access. Heidi, is that an old hand?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, it is. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Olivier.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Maureen. I have a question for Yrjo. Earlier today I was on call of the UK Stakeholders in ICANN, there was mention

of the ALAC activities and At-Large activities and I reported on the work that we are doing, that we're planning to do with the GAC and our focus on the whole point of DNS Abuse. I was a question of whether the ALAC was planning on collaborating with the GAC also on another topic, which is that of Universal Acceptance, which I understand the GAC working group is just starting.

YRJO LANSIPURO:

Thank you, Olivier. So far, we haven't discussed this subject yet with the GAC but I'm very glad to take this up.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Yrjo and Olivier. I must admit that in our discussions that we've had with Yrjo and the GAC members and Minal, EPDP and SubPro were going to be their key issues for discussion in Cancun and I know that they will be continuing with those two key issues ongoing. Probably is some importance in their priorities, the other two, the ones we're going to be focusing on.

From that very interesting discussion is there any other hands? Any other items? We move now into the discussion part and I note that Leon Sanchez has arrived and he's not late at all, he's just in time. Welcome Leon to our meeting and this is your little slot.

LEON SANCHEZ:

Thank you very much, Maureen. Hello everyone, thank you for having me. First, I wanted to congratulate the ALAC for the two pieces of advice that the Board recently received. I have to say that they were

very received by the Board, I'm referring to the ALAC advice on the PIR proposed sale, that was very well received and of course, taken into account.

That's pretty much all I have to say at the moment because we haven't made a decision. We are continuing to assess the transactions and to analyze its feasibility. The other piece of advice is the valentine's day advice that you provided on the letter of intent for VeriSign and the .COM contract. It was also very well received. I have to say that everyone appreciated the informal so to speak tone that the advice had along with it.

I think that it was kind of refreshing to see a piece of advice like this. In a way, that's what not only me but also other colleagues from the Board want to see in this evolution of the relationship between the Board and the Community. We wanted to be close to you of course and remain close and I think that actions like this piece of advice actually encourages us to continue in this fashion, continue in engaging in this informal way.

I think that the only thing that this kind of advice provides is not only a very useful piece of advice for the Board to take into account because I have to say that regardless of the formal tone, my colleagues and the Board received this piece of advice as a very serious piece of advice and a very well-crafted piece of advice. What I am saying, that I am complimenting the ALAC for this advice, I'm trying to cover both ends, both the tone and the substance. It was not just tone but also the substance, which was very useful and highly valued by the Board.

That's one thing that I wanted to say instead of the reference. Thank you for this kind of advice, it really helps us have a better understanding of the concerns coming from the ALAC and the end user's community. Definitely keep it going this way guys, you are doing a great job and making our jobs easier too.

The second thing I wanted to talk about was of course the shifting of the ICANN67 meeting from the face to face meeting in Cancun to a virtual meeting. As you might imagine, it was a very tough decision, especially for me to do but I guess it was the right decision to do. We had a very thorough discussion in the Board.

I think I've already told some of you this and if I've done so please forgive me for repeating myself but I think it's important and essential that everyone understands that we didn't make this decision lightly. We went through literally weeks of following the evolution of the coved 19 outbreak, trying to understand the different implications of course, seeing that other large meetings were also cancelled in other venues.

In the end, I think that the top reasons for us to make this decision was first and foremost the safety and health of the ICANN Community and when I say the ICANN Community, I refer to ICANN as a whole, I mean of course the Community, the Staff and Org.

Second, to avoid the risk of spreading and bringing into a country that has no confirmed cases of Coved19, potentially the virus. These were two top priorities for the Board when making the decision. I have received comments supporting the decision, some other criticizing the decision.

Again, for me in particular was a tough decision to make, it was a hard call to make. As I said to my colleagues in the Board while we were discussing the issue, my heart said don't cancel but my brain said, do the right thing and cancel the face to face meeting and avoid putting everyone at risk, potentially at least.

That's of course another thing that I wanted to share with you. It was not an easy decision to make. It will be a good experiment for us to finally have a first completely virtual meeting. I know that Org is now working around the clock and juggling with many moving parts that are actually high-speed moving parts, to try to set up these meetings, fully virtually in the best way possible.

I have to say that I have heard there are some rumors about the Board meeting face to face in Cancun, so on and so forth, I have to say that there is nothing less true than that. The Board will follow the meeting virtually as well. We are assessing the possibility of making decisions of course on other upcoming meetings that we have GDD Summit in Paris and we have the Kuala Lumpur meeting and of course, things are shifting very fast and on a daily basis.

I think it's premature for us to say what's going to happen but I can tell you that we will continue to assess the events as they evolve and we will be informing you of any decisions we make. Of course, taking into account the experience that we gain with this completely virtual meeting this time.

Other than that, I would happy of course to answer any questions to the best of my abilities if we have any and also, receive any comments that

you might want to share in regards to what I just told you. Thank you very much. I'm here on an open mic.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Leon. I see Alan's go this hand up. I did notice two others that I might ask as well.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Thank you very much. I just wanted to make a note, it doesn't really require an answer. We're referring to this as a completely virtual meeting but I think we need to make sure we're not pretending that it's replacing the face to face.

As an example, the EPDP was going to be meeting all day on Saturday, we're not going to. It was quite clear from talking to the participants that a full day of meeting from a phone virtually just was not going to be sustainable, especially on a Saturday, which is a weekend for the participants.

We're going to have a different kind of meeting and we will have abbreviated meetings but let's not pretend this is the first completely virtual meeting and if it's successful, we could do away with the face to faces. We're giving up a lot by making it a virtual meeting and I think we have to be cognoscente of that as we go forward. Thank you.

LEON SANCHEZ:

Thanks, Alan. I never said and I don't think anyone has said that this would replace face to face meetings. I think this is a case of force

majeure events that are out of our control. I don't think that anyone is intending to replace the face to face meeting with fully virtual meetings.

I think this is uncharted territory. I think we have had, at least as I recall and you may recall as well, some successful cases of literally two days long virtual meetings, I remember the CCWG, we held a couple of those along the way. I'm not saying that this will replace the face to face meetings, of course not, they're part of face to face meetings that cannot be replaced by remote participation meetings or virtual meetings, however you want to call it.

No, no, I guess it's definitely not been [inaudible] the case to say that if this goes well, we would of course be replacing face to face meeting with virtual meetings. I think this an unprecedented issue, an unprecedented event and we have to deal with it the best way possible and I think that so far, the best way we have found so far to deal with it, is to do as many of the sessions virtually. But again, that doesn't mean that anyone, at least to the best of my knowledge is intending to shift from face to face meetings to virtual meetings.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Leon, to be clear, you didn't say it and ICANN Org hasn't said it, but there is a lot of people say, "Ah, this is the test to see if we can do away with face to face meetings and do everything virtually." And I just wanted to point out that that's not likely to be the case, just because it's not a full replacement. Thank you.

LEON SANCHEZ: Noted Alan, thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you. Sébastien.

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you, Maureen. I agree with Alan and thank you for your answer Leon. I want to add one thing. We need to be very careful and I hope to convince this idea during the meeting with leaders probably today. But we have to be careful that we are not mimicking the face to face meeting because we will not have to cross all building to go to one meeting to another one but still, we need to have some stop by, even some break and so on and so forth.

We can't spend a full day, whatever time it is on meetings just for six, seven days, just because it's a replacement of face to face meeting. We need to invent something different and for the moment, I have the impression that we try to put what we have done in face to face meeting and say, "Okay, we will do the same." It can't be the same. People will not be at the same, relationship will not be the same. Of course, we are missing a lot of things as explained by Alan.

For example, all functioning of people, go from one place to another to start to discuss with people, those type of things will not happen and all the shadow meetings with making business, it's not my case at all but will be lost and that's an important part of the meeting. We were discussing on the new strategy meeting, we took that into account and

it's one of the reasons we consider that it's very important to keep three meetings a year, face to face. Thank you.

LEON SANCHEZ: Thank you, Sébastien, noted as well.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Humberto and Alberto. I'll have to close the que because we do have to -- Alan has to do his thing before he leaves.

HUMBERTO CARRASCO: Thank you very much, Maureen. I was reading the frequently asked questions that have been published regarding the Cancun meeting and they say that ICANN is not going to deliver any certificate for attending this virtual meeting.

I was wondering what might happen for example in my case, I work at the university and they understand that this an outreach activity from my part but I have no certificate justifying my presence in the meeting, so I'm not going to get any certificate by ICANN in this meeting. This implies a limitation for me because this will be limiting my time and participation at this ICANN meeting.

I was wondering if this is the case of many other people? I know there are many other people in my case and of course we have some time zone issues. We have connection issues that go beyond this situation. I don't know what ICANN is going to do about this. Thank you.

LEON SANCHEZ: Thank you very much, Humberto. As you know, I raised this question in the session that we had with SO/AC chairs, hence inclusion of this issue in the frequently asked questions. As I read of the frequently asked questions, it says that ICANN will not be available to provide any certificates that document whether or not can be participated in any individual sessions. I think that this not necessarily the same case as the one you are putting on the table.

I will continue to explore with Org whether -- in the same fashion you receive an email confirming your registration for ICANN67 in the event it was going to be held face to face. If there is a chance to now send equally registration emails that actually include or the mention that the meeting will be held now remotely. That is something that still needs to be sorted out. I promise I will look into it personally. Please bear with me. I don't know if this will be possible but I definitely will do my best to try to find a solution on this.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you very much for that support, Leon. Alberto, very quickly.

ALBERTO SOTO: Very briefly. I fully agree with what ICANN has done but I fully agree with Sébastien and with Alan as well. We have this situation. There are many people that took all the necessary steps to go to the ICANN meeting and they have incurred expenses that ICANN is not recognizing. I believe that these expenses might be recognized by the organization

because they have to do with the meeting, with travel or with accommodations.

I believe ICANN has reacted lately because we in the past, they already knew there were 25 countries with the virus and now, we are talking about a pandemic. I believe that we have to react before, in order to avoid any problems for volunteers or people investing money to go to ICANN meetings because this is not being recognized for us. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Alberto. I think we've given Leon a lot of issues to take away and work on. Thank you very much, Leon for coming along and sharing what you've been able to share with us. We hope that you can actually help out with some of the questions and queries that have arisen out of this discussion.

LEON SANCHEZ:

Thank you very much, Maureen. Thank you, everyone.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Leon. I'm rushing a bit because I know that Alan has to leave and he was going to give an update on his session that he had earlier and give an update on where they are at with that. Alan, I'm going to do that first before.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Thank you and it will be a very brief report. I will use the first 10 seconds however to point out to Leon a note I put in the chat, that the FAQ from ICANN says they will not reimburse any communication costs, which puts many of our people in remote regions at a real disadvantage in participating remotely.

On to ALS Mobilization. The group has met I believe six times now. We are almost at the end of the list of things that we wanted to look at, there is one or two more items left. We were due to give an interim report in Cancun, I don't know whether it will be scheduled as part of the virtual meeting or we'll have some sort of meeting shortly thereafter but we will be close to on time for that.

I have sent out a message to the RALO Chairs among others, giving the attendance. We have had excellent attendance in some regions, less than excellent in other regions. Since we are hoping that the ALAC and Regional Leaders will quickly come to closure once the Working Party reports to the ALAC, it's really important not to have surprises. If people have not been active as they should be, they better start soon.

Other than that, I think we're making good progress. I think we'll have a set of rules that we can translate into appropriate ALS application processes and ALS ongoing processes. I don't see a reason that this should cause a huge decrease in the number of ALSes, we're not looking to have purge because of this.

The requirements we're putting on ALSes I think are going to be quite reasonable, assuming they actually have an interest in working with ICANN. As I said, you'll see an interim report soon and that's about all I

have to say. I'll stay around for a minute if there are any questions but I do have to go onto another meeting.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

There's no hands up or anything Alan, if you can stay for the minute and then mozie on over to your next meeting. We will actually go back to item number eight, which is our Post-ATLAS 2020 At-Large Activities. One of the things that Heidi has actually been trying to get us to do, is to put some sort of update on this so that when you're looking through the agenda and you want to know what's going on, we really should have started this a lot earlier, probably we didn't have much reported.

I just noted that -- looking for Eduardo but I don't see his name yet, to give the first section report on the Post-ATLAS III Reporting. Just reminding you that those who were ATLAS III participants, did a survey and also gave a report on their activities in Montreal. These items are being analyzed by Eduardo's group. He indicated that he's been a little bit disappointed that the progress has been a little bit slow.

There were a lot, I think there were 50 odd response, so there is a lot of work that has to have gone into the analysis of those interviews and reports. His aim is to actually have a rough draft ready by the 29th, the end of the

week and a final document ready for the start of ICANN67, next week. It just means it's a work in progress and there is still quite a bit of work to do. Jonathan, do you want to -- we sort of started the policy section without you. I notice that he was here.

JONATHAN ZUCK: I am here.

MAUREEN HILYARD: You are here.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Exactly. Which section did you want coverage on? We're talking about the table here in the Post-ATLAS stuff?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah and anything policy related that you would like to raise because we skipped past you earlier in the meeting.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Sure, sure. I feel like almost everybody on this call is cognizant of what's been going on in the CPWG. We had a presentation on SSR2 and Alan and I and Lauren are on a drafting team and Alan has drafted something just as a kind of brain dump, but that I think could form the basis of a comment.

So, I think we're in good shape to be supportive of the comment, but maybe push back a little bit on their desire to have all of their recommendations implemented, given the environment we're in and post ATRT3 work on prioritization that we need to get them to rank fewer of them as high, as almost every one of their recommendations was ranked high, and we need to figure out what the right way is to

deliver that message to them. Otherwise, I think we're in pretty good for an SSR2 type of comment.

The other thing that's happening is that, and there has been a little bit of discussion on the list, but Ethos and PIR have agreed to some picks, some actual enforceable contract provisions, and have offered to come on the CPWG call on Wednesday. So, we will actually have Paul Diaz and John, my brain just fritzed on me, the CEO of PIR, to talk to us about that early in the CPWG call.

So that should be a pretty exciting discussion for us, talking to them. I mean, it's a movement in the right direction and it's a concession to actually see some things built into the contract, it's just certainly not all the things that we were looking to have built into the contract. And there's certainly people that have some reservations about relying on picks, because there have been so many picks that didn't amount to anything.

But as Alan pointed on the list, there's some that have been adhered to and so we need to figure out how to fix the system, not just sidestep it. So, that's coming up on the Wednesday call, and that should be interesting. So, I feel like those are the big things to look forward coming up from policy standpoint. Thanks.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Alright, great, thank you Jonathan. Capacity Building, I note that Joanna isn't here, but I do know and it's listed in the current status, she does have three subgroups that are actually working on those three ICANN Learn courses, and of those two ICANN Learn courses, well, one ICANN

Learn course, I know that Dave is working on a slide deck, the onboarding slide deck team. There's that policy development course that's actually a series of courses that are under that one, and then of course there is Hadia leading the webinar team.

So there's some really great progress being made in that area. If Joanna was here, she would be able to explain it in more depth, unless there's someone else who can, but it doesn't matter, we're sort of running short of time, anyway. But there's certainly a lot of work going on in the capacity building area, anyway. Daniel, is here. Daniel, do you want to give an update on your section?

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Daniel speaking. A brief update on what is happening in Outreach and Engagement. The current discussions taking place in our small subgroup on how we can be able to conduct effective outreach and engagement regarding to focus on new members participating in working groups.

And at least I'm happy to share that there is already discussion on how academia can be able to collaborate together with GSE and the Outreach and Engagement team on how to get more members to be able to participate.

Also, I'm very happy to share that the respective Co-Chairs are working on their strategic plans for their respective regions and also following the meeting that was to be held in Cancun, there was meant to be a breakout session by the RALO leaders together with the GSE and the Co-Chairs and the members available to be able to contribute and discuss further ways on how to develop their respective strategies such that the

strategy is in line with GSE strategy and also the Outreach and Engagement strategy.

But still we are waiting to see how things develop. But already I'm happy to share that NARALO already has developed a strategy. I'm also waiting for all the other respective Co-Chairs to be able to work on their strategies. But I'm open for discussion, and I'll be happy to share more during the next ALAC meeting. Thank you. Back to you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Daniel. Okay, then it comes up to my section, and of course I have the section where first of all the whole communication strategy document which encompasses all the activities that are happening within At-Large is currently in progress.

Evin has actually drafted something which is really awesome, and it's in keeping with the ICANN communications protocol. So that's something that we will be presenting to everyone and then the ALAC very shortly. We're still working of course on the ICANN Learn courses as I mentioned, with capacity building but making sure that [inaudible] and the GAC have some input into those, as well, so that we can actually, the courses that we upload into ICANN Learn can be a little bit more inclusive of other groups.

As Daniel mentioned, the GSA discussions that they're having with regard to the academia, also I was able to have some discussion with our Oceania vice president about the Pacific plan, that's just more encouraging greater involvement within the Pacific region.

I also attended the ATA Consultation webinar which was giving a little more feedback on what they're up to and also some contribution from At-Large with regard to how it can be more useful for us, as well. I can honestly say there is some really great development happening in that area. So, with that said, are there any questions or queries on anything in there?

If you're involved in any of these groups, we really do appreciate having you engaging and developing some really great stuff happening within At-Large and I do appreciate the contributions that have been made. I see a lot of ATLAS III participants in those teams which is great, and also people who couldn't make to the Montreal meeting are also getting engaged. Thank you very much. Hadia?

HADIA ELMINIAWI:

Thank you, Maureen. I just wanted to briefly say that we are going to have tomorrow our first webinar team call. We intend to discuss possible topics for webinars, choose the topic for our first webinar, issues that need to be discussed under this topic, decide on the speakers and how to invite them. So hopefully tomorrow we will have a date for our first webinar. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

That sounds great, thank you very much, Hadia. Okay, no other hands? Alright, thank you. Let's now move onto something that we haven't got much to say about, that's discussion of how a virtual meeting will look.

As was mentioned in the discussion that we had with Leon, we're not trying to replicate everything that we're going to do within the Cancun meeting, but there are some things that we had to look at and prioritize. If you're looking at the At-Large meeting page, you'll see the At-Large virtual program pdf which you can click onto that. Can I have that please?

SPEAKER: Maureen, as Claudia is getting that posted, I see that Sébastien has his hand raised.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sorry, Sébastien, yes?

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you, Maureen, don't be sorry, it's okay, Sébastien Bachollet speaking. As a general point, we both during the last call of the SO/AC Chair, Jonathan and myself request for full translation system and it seems that ICANN Org has decided that it will be only English and Spanish. First of all we will be losing something for our group and that's not fair, and I think for global participation it's not good, either. I really think that we need to push for more interpretations for different language and the system can work on that.

My last point is that I would like very much, and will say that again and again, when we talk about live interpretation services will be offered in Spanish, no, it will be offered in English and Spanish. The people who

just think that English is the best, they need to go in another world where we will also have other languages.

Therefore, if something needs to be written clearly, that there are just two languages supported, I think English and Spanish, and for us it's not good at all. I hope that we will commit the idea to the different calls we will have on that topic. And for today, I would like to request that we ask at least that our three official languages, also French, will be added to any of our global meetings. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Sébastien. And I was going to be discussing that, if you don't mind, let me just go through, because that particular issue is something that I wanted to raise anyway in relation to a meeting that I just had today. Alberto and Tijani, short questions, please, or comments. Thank you. Alberto first.

ALBERTO SOTO:

This is Alberto Soto speaking. I wrote this in the chat but nobody read this. At some meeting somewhere in the world, when Alan was Chair, somebody said the translation with Goran and he said it was an expense, and I said this was actually an investment. This just simplifies everything. Thank you very much.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Alberto. Tijani?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much. I said if we will not have Spanish for interpretation we will have a large part of Africa will not be able to participate in the remote meeting. So I don't think it is a good thing to do. I am speaking about Africa, but I know that there is other parts of the world where people don't speak English, thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you. Okay, Holly?

HOLLY RAICHE: I'm just looking at the program. In terms of At-Large policy, it's not just Rod and I suspect Julie is not going to be talking, it's going to be Rod, but I've also get Adiel who is the ICANN technical person, so it's a combination of the technical and the SSAC for that session on DOH and DOT. I haven't heard back from Rod, but I've heard back from Adiel saying he's cool with the times I suggested for this particular schedule.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sorry everybody I just accidentally disconnected myself from the phone bridge so I'm a little bit lost, and I missed everything you said, Holly.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay, just a brief kind of, it's a correction or an addition. Under the DOH/DOT session I had a reply back from Adiel who is the technical person at ICANN. He is happy with the times that I suggested, so that's going to go ahead.

I haven't heard back from Rod yet, but I know that SSAC wanted to present a paper, so I think I will hear back from him, but I really doubt that it's going to be Julie Hammer, because she normally doesn't talk on the technical side of things. So it's just kind of a mild correction for that session. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, I did see that communication. Yes, what we actually did was first of all we had our original discussion, was to look at how are we going to do what was important. What did we prioritize as important. And of course the policy issues was the first and foremost in our minds for the face-to-face anyway, so they had to be first and foremost in our virtual meeting, as well.

And then of course we looked at what other meetings did we have that were probably second priority or even third, but that we might need to incorporate into the program to update people who were coming to listen to a policy issue and that they might be able to hear other things at the same time.

And it was probably being made a little bit more sort of like impressed on us when just recently we had been told that they would like as many sessions to be done in the first week, in the actual conference week. Which means that there are going to people who are going to be very much involved during this week, and whether we can actually do it when we're actually at home, supposed to be at work, because we're home, there were a whole lot of issues that need to be taken into consideration.

So, what we've got to do, now we're actually going to have combine, whereas I thought we might be able to do things over two weeks, it appears that we're actually being asked to put them into one week, which is going to be a big ask. I think that what we will do is we will prioritize, the policy sessions will take priority for timing, for being included into the conference week.

But those who are available and can put their session into the policy week can do that, otherwise we do it as business as usual in the other week. It just means that there will just be the usual working groups through our regional leaders, the sort of things that we would normally do in our day to day lives as part of At-Large.

But the special meetings that had been planned for Cancun and focusing on DNS Abuse, that was a key area, plus the sessions that Holly was organizing and also the one that Joanna was organizing, Joanna's one, to be honest, Joanna is quite happy to leave that until our next meeting. But there seems to be quite a lot of interest in what she was going to do.

So, we'll have to work on her about that one. So, this is stuff that's going to have to be crammed into not just the conference, but into our everyday lives. This is where it makes the whole virtual conferencing just a little, a tad difficult. So, we need to all work together, it's not just putting it on, it's when are we going to find the time, it's a global audience, where are we going to find the time when everybody can be available to come along and participate, as well.

So there is quite a lot of work to be happening in the next few days, it's only really just over a week before it all starts. So we're contending with this, plus, if we can go back to the agenda, plus there is the issue about the interpretations.

I had a meeting this morning with David Olive and Ashwan, his surname escapes me, about the whole issue of the languages that they would be able to provide. And because this is our first virtual conference, it has come upon ICANN quite suddenly, especially the technical community, it's come upon them quite suddenly and the technical services are actually looking at how they can, first of all, with so many different levels of zoom rooms at the same time, to cater for all the different constituency groups, also for what interpretation services they can give.

They have had to make a call and they have decided that since it is in the ALAC region and Spanish interpretation, we haven't been given the select time zones, but I have a feeling the time zone is going to be according to the Cancun time. I'm not quite sure, that's what was first mentioned.

But they have decided that because the meeting was going to be in the LAC region, that Spanish would be the first, rolling out the languages, that they would include within a virtual environment, that they would start with one and that is the one they decided to start with. For me, I have to say, although I can totally understand Sébastien and Tijani's arguments for if we could actually have another language, of course it would be French.

But in this particular instance, because they're actually working with a lot of people involved and just providing English for each of the different sections, each of the different rooms, the Spanish interpretation is being give the go ahead. This is one of those decisions that ICANN has had to make a call and that's the one that they have made for this particular meeting.

Of course, just as their decision to call the meeting off, initial met with a lot of angst. This one I know will also be, there are going to be people who are not going to like that. But within the LACRALO region, I think that if we were going to look at any of our regions that actually require the support, and especially I'd like to mention, LACRALO's board was going to be coming to our Cancun meeting to acquaint themselves with the culture of ICANN and the culture of At-Large, just to learn more about what was going on.

The virtual conference has made it a little bit more difficult for them to actually do that, but I think that the Spanish interpretation does go some way towards helping them understand more about what we're going to be doing within our At-Large community. So, I know Sébastien has got his hand up, and he's going to blast me out of the sky. Yeah, Sébastien, your turn.

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

No, no, Maureen, I am more gentle than that, sometimes at least I will try. Maureen, thank you, Sébastien Bachollet speaking. My point is the following, and I can understand that ICANN Org is very afraid of what will happen and how it will be organized. But one thing I think we need

to request is that we don't lose facilities because we are going to a virtual global meeting.

For At-Large we have three languages, English, Spanish, and French, and we don't have just two of them, we have three languages since the beginning of At-Large. It's something, you can't avoid that, therefore at least for our meetings, it must be in those three languages. I understand why they choose only Spanish, because they will not be able to do six or seven languages, but therefore why to pick Chinese and not French, or Arabic and not Russian?

Therefore I understand the reason why they pick Spanish as it was supposed to be in Cancun. But for us, and I am talking about At-Large meeting, we need, it's mandatory, it's not a request, it must be in three languages, as it is our three official languages.

My second point is that any meeting that we can have on a regular basis must be canceled from the virtual meeting. We need to do that in normal business and don't add to the difficulty of this organization. I think the more we have cross community work, the better it will be, but we don't need to add too much. But of course I am in a little contradiction now.

I feel that the At-Large leadership of regional leaders may be added, why, because it was canceled last week and we didn't have since last year, therefore I think it's important that we have one. And as we can't have it next week or we can't have it the week after, because we will not have interpretation even in Spanish, it may be a good idea to add it

in our schedule, and I know that it's in contradiction of what I have said before. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Okay, I can understand that, but I think at the same time, they're going to have the virtual conference at the same time as running multiple sessions of the same zone platform, for them adding the interpretation services is going to be difficult, so they had to decide on let's trial one interpretation service, so that's why they have gone down that track.

But I had felt if they're going to go Spanish for the conference week, when we go into our normal schedule the following week and we were doing our ordinary things, would that mean that we would actually have all our other languages? But I'm not quite so sure about that. Heidi, what was that?

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

We have one week before and one week after.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Yeah, that's what Heidi said, looking at the chat, Heidi says that we don't have it for that next week either, but I don't understand why, but that's what Heidi said. And I also had my hand up.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, I see that, Judith. Okay, I do know that Spanish was for the conference week. Okay, that's something I have to work on. Judith, what did you want to say?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Judith Hellerstein for the record. It seems like as Hadia was saying, the interpreters during the regular week, our French interpreters are working doing other translations, but our French interpreters should only be, I thought they were only translating to English and French, and if we're only having English and Spanish, why would our French interpreters be working for another ICANN group?

Another question is because we control, I know we can't get the interpretation, I see that and I understand that, but the only thing I can think of is that we could schedule RTT to cover more the sessions we have extra hours, and we could pick up a bunch of hours of sessions. I think that's possible, but I can work on that with Heidi.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, okay. Sébastien?

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yeah, it's just to say that this is a done deal from what I read and know. We will know tonight, but it's a done deal. It's not replacing, once again, interpretation, you can't ask people who literally just speak French and who used to be in French in our, and sorry, it's French and I am French, but if our official language would have been Chinese, I would have said the same thing.

It's not because it's French, it's because it's the three languages. And we asked, Jonathan and myself, less meeting plus more interpretation. And I don't think at the end of the day we need to be careful how many meetings will be, but it may end up that we are all very keen and concerned and we will not have so much, therefore interpretation will be back, hopefully.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Yeah, I agree with you, Sébastien, that it doesn't happen. RTT is on different funding. We're not talking about ICANN RTT, we're using special funding that we had, this is what we're putting on the RTT for this session. We're going to reroute the schedule and using more hours to cover more sessions. It is not them spending their money, it is us spending our money.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Okay, thanks Judith. We're going to have the first meeting about what's happening with ICANN later, and Heidi and I will get back to you, but I just want to know where the other translation services are and how we can make it. I can see the rationale that they would rather have one service than have two services in amongst all the other things that they're actually trying to do for virtual conference, and then nothing works. So we just have to make sure that we're all on the same page, however, we will investigate that further.

Okay. We then move on, we're already over time, sorry. Heidi, can we get a couple minutes?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: This call is scheduled for 120 minutes, so we still have 22 minutes left.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, alright then. Okay, let's go. So, with regards to the virtual meeting, as well as all those sorts of things, the whole issue is actually based around the fact that we still haven't got the ICANN schedule so that we can actually slot in our schedule into it.

They apparently are reducing their ICANN schedule and the skeleton of it is going to be revealed to us in the upcoming meeting and that will give Heidi and Gisela some idea of slotting in first of all the policy sessions and then, because they want to try and squeeze as much of our other meetings into it as well, but I think that we might keep some of those sessions out until we've got full interpretation services in our normal business as usual, so that everyone is available.

So the ICANN schedule has to be done, we've got our prioritization done, and I've got to work a bit more on that interpretation. I know it's just going to be for that week, but when does full interpretation service begin again for us for our other sessions. Okay. Let's just leave that one for now and move on, seeing as we've got a better time, we can talk about these other issues that I had.

First of all just to give you a very brief rundown on the SO/AC Chairs meeting that was held in LA at the end of January, it was a good session. I was able to take Jonathan and Joanna with me to join in with the other SO/AC Chairs and I think one or two had an additional member with

them, which was good. But I think just to summarize some of the things that we talked about.

There were three areas, Planning and Prioritization. One of the first things we did was a little bit of brainstorming on some succession planning for SO/AC Chairs. One of the things that was mentioned was that sometimes Chairs come into a new role and are not aware of what their responsibilities are within the ICANN system and I suppose in a way I found it a little bit easier with being able to go to some of the sessions with Alan initial.

Because the fact that SO/AC Chairs are the composition of empowered community, there are those responsibilities, plus other activities that they are involved in and probably are going to become a little bit more so after the discussions that we've had. So, what we're actually going to do with this is create an online manual of the roles and responsibilities of an SO/AC Chair.

I think Staff is going to be setting up a page so that we can start putting some of the content of that into it. I don't know who is supposed to do that, but the Chairs will be jumping up and down if we don't get that done shortly, because they're waiting for it.

The second thing was the fact that we had discussion about what are the common work or the common interests that we actually have as a group and what we wanted to work on over the next five years. The four key areas, the top was DNS Abuse, second was Capacity Building and Outreach and Engagement, so you can see where those two ideas came from.

Third was EPDP, that was across all the six groups that were there, and of course, governance, and that's something that we will incorporate, too. Those were the key areas that we're probably going to be spending quite a bit of time on and we'll be working through the operating plan on those areas, as well.

There was also some discussion amongst the Chairs in discussion with Göran and Maarten on the Board, was setting some prioritization of the ton of work that we as SOs and ACs have.

It's just a bombardment and one of the things that we wanted to look at and to be involved is prioritizing, what is important and what needs to be done in a more methodical way, so the prioritization is basically set by us who actually have to do the work, rather than ICANN, just steadily passing on all these activities as every month we're going through a steady flow of new activities that we're trying to gather groups around to discuss.

So that is something else that we'll be working on. ICANN Org and the Board have said there needs to be some work done on prioritization, but we've got to get the implementation side of things organized, as well.

I think that gets us to the next topic, when we were talking about the Board and ICANN Org and the work that we do, there were two Action Items that came out of that discussion and we were looking at how we interact with the Board members at ICANN meetings and instead of the usual question and answer session we have with the Board, that we should be looking at the topics of interest that are actually important to

us, and some of the community that may be more to do with some of the things that we've discussed today that are important, and how can the Board and ICANN Org help with that.

So there's that, and plus the fact that the constituency days when we're working with, reorganizing constituency days and making them a little bit more inclusive of different communities working together. So again, we can see where that multistakeholder model, that those discussions are probably taking root and we're finding that people are actually wanting to become a little bit more engaged with each other rather than working in their single environment.

And the last topic that we had was to do with the Flexibility Fund and I've always known that the other constituency groups were never that interested as just like a fund available for projects, as we were looking at it. So, they decided that they want to look at it more as an emergency fund and if something does actually come up, that needs to be covered, but that's not normal operational funds, then that's how, so the constituency leader would bring it back to the SO/AC Chair and discuss it.

So that's an overall the sorts of things we were discussing and some of the Action Items that come out of it. Sébastien I see your hand is up again.

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

I'm sorry, Maureen, again, Sébastien Bachollet speaking. It's maybe because it's the middle of the night, I'm more ready to work. Just to say a few and short things. The first one is great that you are working on

prioritization. Just to let you know, but you know already, that ATRT3 will come with some overarching proposal on that specific topic and it must be taken into account. We are proposing that it will be a community led process, but how we set up the process.

The second point is that it's quite interesting when you talk about silo, because if you go back to the meeting strategy report you will see that there are some issues on that. It was not really implemented. Maybe it's a good time to review what this group has said. The last point is that the silo is also something we are "taking care" in the ATRT3 proposal report and I hope that you will find those interesting when it will be published in the next few weeks. Thank you very much.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Sébastien. Justine, none of the proposals for better for flexibility fund will move forward, actually they will. For example, with regards to your proposal which was focused on DNS abuse, I think that when they looked at it and from what we're doing and what they're doing, I think they probably used your proposal for getting more ideas.

But we can push for some of the things that we think may need to be done that aren't being considered, and I think that's somewhat we can still do, especially in light of the fact that DNS abuse is very topical for us. We can always find ways, if need be, to look at innovative ways of doing things that we think are important to move that issue forward. We'll put another proposal through.

For example, the Pacific plan, we're doing that anyway, and for mine it's sort of like an end result that may require some funding, which I will

have to prove that it's actually worth it. So, I've got a lot of hard work to do myself beforehand to justify getting funding. If we can justify applying for something that we think needs to be done to actually help us do our work, I think that's a pretty good reason for applying for it. So, I don't think the proposal is actually lost. Okay, no other questions, good. Moving on to the next issue.

I just got this message this morning from Katrina asking for volunteers to join their PDP3 working group. They often have PDPs happening and they invite other members of other communities to join and At-Large has been invited to participate. And this one of course is on developing a review mechanism for decisions pertaining to the delegation, transfer, revocation retirement of ccTLDs.

It seems as though it's sort of something that they've already done before, and they're doing a review mechanism. So that's something, if you are interested, in the letter that she wrote to me, she provided how to go about applying, what you need to know in order to understand what needs to be done.

So if you just send me a little email and say you are interested, I can flip the information on to you so that you know what you need to know and can join up. It's pretty much open. It's handy if you have a little bit of understanding of the way that ccNSO works and a little bit about ccTLD management and that kind of stuff. Any questions? I see that there has been some interest in the chat. So if you are interested, just drop me a line and I will forward you Katrina's letter.

I know that Abdulkarim said he was having a bit of connectivity issues. Does anybody else have anything that they would like to discuss? Heidi, you just mentioned something, can you mention that?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, this is a little bit overdue and this is the community recognition program that ICANN has, it's ICANN Community Excellence Award selection panel member from across the SOs and ACs and they are asking for some from ALAC. So I'm just wondering if anyone is interested. Maureen, I'm not sure how you wish to do that. Do you want to put out a call for that? Or just take volunteers.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Is it what used to be the ASOS Award?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, I believe so.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Alright, okay, because they renamed it, I thought they renamed it something else?

HEIDI ULLRICH: There are two, there's one for the Dr. Terek Kamal [inaudible] award, as well.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Alright, we'll put out a call for that. I think the person is awarded it at the second meeting.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, so the work is ready to begin, so this will need to happen really quickly.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, if you're interested, I think we have two members on the panel.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I think you can have one or two, yeah.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, we'll find out more about that. Okay, well, we're nearly at the top of the hour, so I honestly did not think we would fill in 120 minutes, but we have. Thank you very much for sticking with us. You obviously kept Sébastien awake. But I think Olivier must have fallen asleep, he's been very quiet. But thank you very much.

We look forward to meeting you again at our next meeting which will hopefully be at a better time for other people and probably be 3:00 for me. But thank you everyone for coming and have a great, great morning, afternoon, or evening, wherever you may be. Thank you.

CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Thanks everyone for joining the call, this meeting is now adjourned.
Enjoy the rest of your day or evening.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]