
CLAUDIA RUIZ: Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome to the ICANN 67 Planning Committee call on Thursday, 13 February 2020, at 17:00 UTC.

On the call today, we have Maureen Hilyard, Daniel Nanghaka, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Barrack Otieno, Joanna Kulesza, Holly Raiche, Dave Kissoondoyal, and Jonathan Zuck.

From staff, we have Heidi Ullrich, Gisella Gruber, and myself, Claudia Ruiz on call management. Our interpreters today are Paula and Lilian.

Before we begin, I would like to remind everyone to please state their name before speaking for the transcription purposes and also so the interpreters can identify you on the other language channel.

Thank you very much, and with this I turn the call over to you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you very much, Claudia. Thank you, everyone, for being here at the session. We're really just—that's the old agenda—but really just want to go through each of the sessions with Gisella's help and see what sort of gaps we've got, if we've got enough information to carry on with our program. So we will just go through each of the days and have a look at what we need to do. Okay, so can someone put up the schedule? There we go.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen, this is the iScheduler. Did you want to go through that, or did you want us to now go to our [inaudible]?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well, we can go through that and see if there is anything that needs to be highlighted rather than going through stuff we've already had.

GISELLA GRUBER: Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Gisella. Yes?

GISELLA GRUBER: This iScheduler, there was one that was literally published a very, very short while ago. So I haven't fine combed it yet to see if there have been any add-ons. And the frustrating thing is that you can't really see when any changes have been made. So it literally means going through it day-by-day and just comparing it to the previous version. So I think if you don't mind, we won't be going through this. I haven't seen any major changes on this. What I would like to do is just run through the daily agendas just to see where we still have slots, what is [outstanding]. I know that Satish sent through a request to have a UA IDN working group meeting. I wanted to know whether that should be running parallel with something or whether we're going to make it one of our sessions just purely because of the interest. And then also whether we wanted to meet with Keith Drazek and Rafik and Pam Little. I don't

know if we want to actually meet with the GNSO as such. I know that we're going to have updates on the PDPs, etc. So if we can maybe just go through the days, see where we still have slots, what we can put in, and as we've still got about a week, by next Wednesday, to send the agenda through for translation. And also whether we're happy with the title. So if we just go through each day, each session, check the title, check the content, and that would be great. That would be really helpful. Thank you.

So we have up on the screen....

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well, that sounds perfect to me.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry. Perfect. Thank you very much, Maureen. So up on the screen we have Saturday. We have the 8:30-10:15 which is the welcome. We've got you with Jonathan Zuck at the At-Large talking points, and we have the policy platform with Jonathan and Joanna. We then have the second morning session which is At-Large leadership session on strategic trends and the FY21 budget issues.

Heidi, I'm not 100%. I can't remember off the top of my head if you have sent [inaudible] a meeting invitation yet or not.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I don't recall. I don't think so.

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: In fact, I was just finalizing all of this to really start moving along with invitations. I think I did speak to him actually when I was in L.A. a few weeks ago, so he is aware of it but not the details we'd like.

GISELLA GRUBER: Perfect.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, thank you.

GISELLA GRUBER: Fine. Just if I may also then suggest is for a number of these sessions is already to send through calendar invitations. I know that some people find it quite useful for these sessions slotting into their calendar as they already have many sessions in their calendar, and it gives them a better idea to see whether it's likely to work or not work. And I usually let you know when they've accepted or tentatively or declined any invitation.

We don't have anything on the Saturday lunch. The first afternoon session is the policy session on DNS abuse [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Gisella, your audio [inaudible].

GISELLA GRUBER: Oh, sorry. Is that any better?

HEIDI ULLRICH: It's much better, yes.

GISELLA GRUBER: Oh, sorry. We have Jonathan's session in the afternoon. I'm not sure why the timings are between 17:00-18:30. I'll change those. I think there might just have been confusion there, so I'll change those. I hope the audio is better. I've got both EarPods in now.

And then if you could kindly scroll up so that we can see the next [inaudible]. At-Large regional leaders meeting. [inaudible] still expecting an agenda on that, and I believe we're going to be having a call [the week of the 24th as next week we have] [inaudible] [leadership at] [inaudible]. The last session of the day is elevating engagement in the multistakeholder environment. So the first part, I believe, will be the outreach agenda. [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, so that one Daniel developed a draft and the co-chairs and I are looking at that. There are some revisions, so I'm pretty sure that agenda will have a final session shortly. It looks really good. It's going to be a very exciting meeting.

Can I just come back to the, Jonathan, your 13:30-15:00. Who is coming to that? Should we put names in there?

JONATHAN ZUCK: No, it's just me.

HEIDI ULLRICH: It's just you. Fantastic.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes. No guests.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, fantastic. Okay then, that one, Gisella, I have changed the times on that.

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: And again, as I've mentioned, the outreach and engagement meeting agenda should be ready in the next day or so.

GISELLA GRUBER: Perfect. Thank you very much. I believe we can move on to Sunday. On Sunday we have our first session which Holly is leading, the DoH/DoT for

an hour. Then we have following that the SSAC meeting for 45 minutes with Rod and Julie joining us. Second morning session is, again, Jonathan's session, the tools for [holistic] contract compliance. I believe, [inaudible], you are following up with having Jamie Hedlund there and potentially James Bladel. Once you have confirmation, just let us know and we'll make sure to follow up with the calendar invitations. And if you've got any other people you are thinking of inviting, that would be great.

JONATHAN ZUCK: I have I guess soft commitments from both of them, so I would go ahead and do the calendar invitations.

GISELLA GRUBER: Perfect.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I've removed the TBC. Okay, we have an open lunch it looks like next.

GISELLA GRUBER: No, no, no, we don't. Sorry, yes, we do. Sorry, we do. In my head, we were already on Monday. On Sunday, we do have an open lunch.

HOLLY RAICHE: Hands up. Hands up. Maureen and myself.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Can I just jump in here? For the SSAC session, should we just put a few lines in there about what Rod and Julie want to actually talk about so that we can...? I know that Rod did give some ideas.

GISELLA GRUBER: I'll add the agenda. Sorry, if I can just have an action item on the Skype chat and I'll add the agenda because Kathy did send them through.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Awesome. Thank you very much. Thank you. Holly?

HOLLY RAICHE: Yeah, comment here on the compliance or possibly an earlier one. I spoke to an APAC session yesterday on DNS abuse. Donna Austin was talking about things like the PIR stuff that's going on. Jonathan, I'm wondering, do you want somebody from the registry as well or somebody from PIR as well about compliance?

JONATHAN ZUCK: In which session are we talking about?

HOLLY RAICHE: Either this one or the DNS abuse. Because apparently there's some—and I'm going to check with the discussion yesterday—there are

guidelines and stuff. Are you talking about that in the earlier session or this one?

JONATHAN ZUCK: So the session on Sunday is specifically about trying to get at the notion of whether or not Compliance has all the tools that it needs.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay. All right, and is that going to be talking about DAAR as well? Because that was the question yesterday and what DAAR shows.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Yeah, DAAR is not really a compliance tool.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay.

JONATHAN ZUCK: But I'll be talking about DAAR in the morning, the Saturday session.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay. Are there any other tools for Compliance? Because one of the questions I had yesterday was, and it was from Pam Little, what statistics are out there generally? Will that be in the earlier session or this one? Because the idea was what else can we be asking of contract compliance.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Well, I think what I'm trying to do and what I'm discussing with Jaime and James is looking at some scenarios that have come up in the past and trying to ask the question of, was that the best we could do? Is there a way we could have done that better?

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay.

JONATHAN ZUCK: So that was sort of the structure that I was going to try to take with them. So there are going to be some statistics involved in that. For example, just like a percentage of domains that were being used for DNS abuse and the time it took for that TLD to be put on notice. That sort of thing. I don't know what kind of statistics Pam is looking for. I'm in the middle of trying to research things now for both presentations.

HOLLY RAICHE: Pam was asking what's available not suggesting. So that's an open, what are you talking about being available? This is stemming from the letter to the Board, more statistics. So her question was, what is it? And I gather there's going to be—that question will be answered in both sessions, so I'm happy with that.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Oh, you mean what kind of data do we want, you mean?

HOLLY RAICHE: Yeah.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Yes, that's certainly the hope.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay, I'm happy.

GISELLA GRUBER: No further comments?

HOLLY RAICHE: No.

GISELLA GRUBER: Then we have, yes, as Heidi said, we do have a free lunch on Sunday. And I have labeled it At-Large leadership working session on the ICANN 67 schedule. And again, people can just click on the link to the agenda, so they will have the topic, etc., even though it's not in the title. I can't see the chat, sorry. I don't know if there are any suggestions there. I don't know if you want to use that time for the IDN working group or anything else. Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: So we're looking at the lunch hour session there [inaudible]?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, correct, on Sunday.

MAUREEN HILYARD: And was there something that we—is that specifically for something? That's not for everyone?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, so that is a lunch for everybody, a hot buffet. We usually have at least one of the weekend sessions with a hot lunch. So maybe something that is less formal and where people can at least enjoy their lunch but that there's time for a discussion.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Right. Okay, so that's a session that we can organize someone to come to speak to us while we're having our lunch perhaps.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Do you want to have the ITI update then? What about having the ITI update? That's nice to listen to over lunch.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, that sounds good. We haven't slotted them in yet?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Well, we did, but we only gave them 15 minutes which really isn't enough to show the fantastic....

MAUREEN HILYARD: 15?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, well, it has to be more than 15.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, well, there we go. How about an hour?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes. Well, they probably won't need....

HEIDI ULLRICH: [inaudible]

MAUREEN HILYARD: And we do have to give them a little bit of lunch. So even a 30-minute session during the working lunch is good. That would be great. Whatever time they can give us.

HEIDI ULLRICH: [inaudible] Okay, let me slot that in.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sounds good.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, then we will have a question on what to do with those extra 15 minutes for the ITI update, but that is great.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, it would be good to have someone from outside coming in to us while we're having lunch, an update.

HEIDI ULLRICH: How about we call it a preview of the soft launch of ITI?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, perfect.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Because that is going to happen in April.

MAUREEN HILYARD: April, yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Perfect. Okay, thank you.

GISELLA GRUBER: Heidi, if we get that session confirmed, I can maybe even check with Tanzania whether we can still put it on the main schedule. We may have really passed the deadline, but I can [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, perfect. Thank you.

GISELLA GRUBER: Once it's confirmed, obviously. And 15 minutes, we always need 15 minutes. We always run over somewhere, and then we say, "Oh, we can always have that on that day at that time because we have a spare 15 minutes" or whatever.

So then the first afternoon session on Sunday, we've got the At-Large leadership session on the ICANN legitimacy project and an update on universal acceptance. So the universal acceptance is confirmed. I don't believe [inaudible] and [Hortense] have confirmed yet, but we had it [inaudible] for that time.

HEIDI ULLRICH: No.

GISELLA GRUBER: And then that title will need to change then.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I have changed that already.

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you. And then the afternoon 15:15-16:45 we've got the communications update and discussion, 45 minutes for that. Then we have updates from....

HEIDI ULLRICH: Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER: Go ahead, Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I'm going to delete the ITI update from the 15:15 slot. I'm going to put that agenda, the last word, in red just so you know that that has been a change there. Also then, we do have 15 minutes left over. Should we go ahead and give Sally Newell Cohen and Betsy a full 45 minutes to talk about an update? Or do you want to slip something in for 15 minutes, Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: No, that suits me. Yeah, especially after our discussions that we've been having.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I had my hand up.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, Claudia, could you monitor that, please, and let us know?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Yes.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I was just going to ask, actually, about the ICANN legitimacy project time because they haven't confirmed that. Because of the discussion that was happening at CPWG yesterday about IDNs. I just thought that it might be relevant to actually put—I actually suggested to Satish because he was unable to attend the meeting yesterday or something that he have a session because there was that discussion about the difference between the IDN working group which hasn't been very active because it actually does things differently from what the UA thing. But there is probably a need for the IDN group to resurrect itself because of the UA thing. But would it be appropriate to actually have them together so that there actually is some comparison that could be done?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen, we currently have one hour available on Wednesday, wide open, that might be a good fit if you really want to go into a little bit more detail there.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. All right, yeah, because this is only half an hour. Yeah, let's do that. Yeah, great. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I'm unaware of where the gaps are, but you know already. Okay, that's fine. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, Gisella.

GISELLA GRUBER: Then we've got the last session of the day is our session with the ccNSO from 17:00-18:00. I thought there was something after that. That is only running for one hour, so we would have 30 minutes at the end of that one. That's why on the left-hand column I've kept the 17:00-18:30 even though our meeting with the ccNSO is only for one hour. I have a feeling that maybe on the—I don't know if this one was the updated one—that there was actually TBC 30 minutes at the end of that.

HEIDI ULLRICH: That was one where—sorry, go ahead.

GISELLA GRUBER: Cheryl has her hand up.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay.

GISELLA GRUBER: Cheryl, if you're speaking....

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I don't want to jump in until you—well, no, I was waiting just to see what the [inaudible] sentence [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, sorry. Really quickly, Gisella, that is where [inaudible] was placed, I believe, and we just moved him up.

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay, great. So we do have 30 minutes there if we want to, because Katrina is not going to stay for more than an hour.

HEIDI ULLRICH: So what I'm thinking, Cheryl, if I may just again jump in, is that rather than having the IDNs on Wednesday, I know that we're going to have members of the LACRALO board there on that Sunday. And I know that [Silvia] is working IDNs quite a bit. So maybe if we wanted to put the IDN there for 30 minutes, if that's enough, we could put that there and make sure that the whole LACRALO group will be there.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, that makes sense. As long as we're slotting in ATRT3 somewhere, yes. Okay, there are other slots, aren't there?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Well, yes, because then we still have that one hour on Wednesday where we could fit an ATRT3 in a nice discussion for that then.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, that's good.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: That will be great if we can do that. [inaudible] point out with the UA and IDN thing [inaudible]. When IDN is relevant, we look at IDN expertise for it. We need to work out where the nexus is. The IDN existing working group really just picks up slack on whether or not we do or don't want to make a particular comment on a particular aspect of a table or something. It's not an active list. You almost need to let the natural evolution of aspects of internationalized domain names, and that includes the work that you're getting out of [LAC] and that's terrific,

be where it needs to be in that whole universal acceptance discussion. The IDN work group was absolutely essential when we didn't even have a commitment to internationalized domain names in ICANN, but that's a long time now since that has been [inaudible]. So just need to stop dragging these dinosaurs with us and let the damn thing die occasionally and morph and evolve into having that same expertise where it needs to be in new projects. Just my opinion. It may or may not be useful, though I have been in this IDN space for a very, very long time so I see what's going on [anyway].

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Cheryl. I only raised it....

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I think having that melding meeting is important.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, true, true. I just raised it because there was a discussion with Roberto at the CPWG and I thought, is there a need, therefore, for it to be resurrected? So I guess there needs to be that discussion.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Never underestimate the ability of your community to try and create yet more bloody minor work groups. They love it. I don't know why, but apparently it has something to do with the more you have, the better [inaudible]. But anyway.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, well, I guess, I mean, Satish mentioned and a half an hour may do it anyway.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen, do you have a title for that session then? And did you want Satish to lead that?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well, I mean, he only just recommended it, said should I have a session. Really it was just from my view of what Roberto was saying at the CPWG. So perhaps Roberto and Satish need to have a little chat. It's a half-hour slot. I mean, an IDN for LACRALO would be something that would be relevant to them, so let's see what we can come up with for that 30-minute slot.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Perfect. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Carrying on then, thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Gisella, I think we're at the end of Sunday, or are we on Monday?

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, lost connectivity. I'm only on the phone now. I'm just getting out at the school. Could I hand it over to someone, please?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Let's go to Monday then. So Monday, welcome ceremony 9:00-10:00. We go into a joint outreach session with At-Large and NC. Now again, this NCSG or NCUC? What I've seen at the end was NCUC, and that's what we put into our text in pre-67 report. I don't know what the last word here is.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Heidi right here, I'm reading, it says Non-Commercial User Constituency, so that is NCUC.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, well, the [inaudible].

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: And that was specific to—yeah, but that's because, if I can channel Olivier for a moment, he said—oh, he's here. He can channel himself. I'm not going to talk on your behalf. Do your own work. Yes, Olivier? Where is he?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well, if he's not going to, can I just butt in here.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Am I—okay.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, no, no. There he is.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: All right, it takes a while to unmute. Of course, my Zoom has crashed just at the moment when I was about to put my hand up. Yeah, it's NCUC. I know that Maureen has said we need to try and get it to be NCSG. But I've said it. I've proposed this over to NCUC, and she has come back to me and basically said, no, no, no. Let's make it NCUC. Of course, the NPOC is invited and NCSG is invited, but let's keep it NCUC for the time being. I have no idea why there's so much pushback. I don't have a clue of the internal politics, but obviously there's somebody in there somewhere that is objecting. So for the time being, we'll have to keep it NCUC. I personally feel it's ridiculous, but there we are.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Olivier. And if I could just butt in here, I was very much one of the ones and because I'm actually working with [Joan] anyway and she's really wanting to be very much involved in our resource development [and wants to be] relevant to the [inaudible] group as well, that's why I said. And when I raised it with Stephanie, she was actually all for the fact of including both into the outreach sessions. But as Olivier has pointed out [inaudible].

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Oops, have we—as I pointed out, Bruna Martins came back and said, “Oh, but they’re all invited. Stephanie is invited. She was there in the last meeting. [Joan] was there in the last meeting, and it was great. So they’re both invited to be there.” But for some reason want to keep it NCUC. I don’t know. I’m baffled. Sometimes [inaudible].

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Yeah, I think we really need to look at the value proposition. I’m honestly doubting that this whole exercise has a value proposition unless they can get their act together.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It has to be [inaudible].

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: I am told that the main disruptor is not likely to be there because [inaudible] not convened anymore at these meetings, so that’s one down.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, we may have to—I know that [Joan] said that when they actually tried it [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Claudia, did we lose her again?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sorry, my mute thing just keeps muting itself when I'm speaking for some reason. So if I go off, it means it has muted itself again. But, as I said, Joan was saying that she just has a little [minor] slot. It's just she's a guest. But they're part of the same organization. I cannot believe that. But I guess we have to just go with what we can until, as Cheryl said, they've got to resolve their own issues. Sorry, I'm [inaudible] animated at 6:30 in the morning after two hours' sleep [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, well, we'll change it to NCUC then. So then I'm going to just skip down. We do have some LACRALO board meetings, the first of six, going on and I'm sure that we'll have those agendas shortly. We do have—I'm not sure what the At-Large ICANN Learn—oh, this is a small workshop over breakfast. This is with Betsy and Sally Newell Cohen just for those people who are into leading the development of the ICANN Learn course.

Okay, then we go into an At-Large leadership working session, 13:30-15:00. That is set with RSSAC, 13:30-14:15 followed with a discussion with Leon, 14:15-15:00.

Then we move into, well, there's an engagement session with ATRT3 that's public, moving into a public forum, and then more LACRALO board meetings, and another plenary, followed by a gala night. So that will take up Monday.

Let's move on to Tuesday if there are no questions. Claudia, are there any hands raised?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: No, no hands raised.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, perfect. Let's move on to Tuesday then. Gisella, please do jump in if you have any questions here. Tuesday is looking good. We start with the At-Large leadership working session with an update on the EPDP Phase 2. But first there's a prep for the GAC meeting. That's 30 minutes, 8:30-9:00.

Then we have a full hour and 15 minutes for the EPDP Phase 2. I've checked with Alan, and he is fine with that. I will check with Hadia. That directly follows into the next session where Alan again leads with the ALS mobilization. We moved that from Sunday because he did ask for one full hour for that.

We do have 30 minutes available there. Any topics we could put in there, anyone?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sorry, I'm just trying to get my audio working. Sorry, I missed that question. What was the question?

HEIDI ULLRICH: We do have 30 minutes left. We have a 30-minute open slot. We can just put TBC there if you'd like for the time being.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, I don't think we have anything. We've already decided that ATRT3 is going to have an hour, so if we could find that hour somewhere.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, [inaudible]. Okay, then we have the Technology Task Force (TTF), 13:30-14:30. Gisella, would you like me to reach out to Judith for the agenda for that? I'm pretty sure that Mark Segall is coming to that.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, Heidi, I'm still [inaudible]. What was the question?

HEIDI ULLRICH: The TTF, we don't have an agenda for that yet.

GISELLA GRUBER: No, I'll reach out—I'll confirm the time now with Judith. I meant to do that earlier today. I'll send you [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: No, I'll do it. Yeah, I'll do that.

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay, I was just going to tell her this is your timeslot. Please give us the agenda. And Mark Segall, yes, I think he's available.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, I've already mentioned that. And I think he's coming to another session as well, but I need to go back and look. Okay, then we have the ALAC and GAC meeting, 16:00-16:45. I think that we have a prep meeting coming up that is going to be discussing that agenda. Is that correct? Gisella, I thought we had some GAC ALAC meeting coming up, no?

GISELLA GRUBER: We've got a the GAC board. Sorry, you mean now? There's a GAC leadership thing planned. That's the one you're referring to?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes.

GISELLA GRUBER: So the GAC and ALAC leadership call prep meeting will take place next Tuesday at 19:00 UTC [inaudible] out this meeting invitation very soon. We've just been waiting on the Doodle poll and [inaudible] most of the time.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, that meeting normally sets the agenda.

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, correct, and that's next Tuesday. I think that Yrjö might be able to [inaudible] something before, but otherwise, yes. And it's usually quite short, so it's fine for translation.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, very good. Then we go into, well, again, the LACRALO board meetings continue, and the last one is 15:15-16:45. Directly after that, we are inviting them to meet with the At-Large leadership to discuss about what they have accomplished. They have a lot of items that they would like to discuss, including a five-year plan. So that session will be just an informal discussion on their achievements there.

Then we go into our networking evening, and that starts at 18:00 with the At-Large and Latin America and the Caribbean [Islands. That needs to be Islands, just so you know, Silvia]. I learned my lesson many years ago. [Islands] networking session. And that is with Rodrigo, and Sergio will be there as well. They'll have some networking time as well.

That follows directly into another session on the ALAC outreach and engagement event which is a screening of Jonathan's [inaudible] [to be broken]. And we are absolutely still confirming that. Gisella, any new news there? Gisella may have dropped.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry. No, no, no, I haven't dropped. Was it news on the [screening]? Was it that?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes.

GISELLA GRUBER: We're all set.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Perfect.

GISELLA GRUBER: We're meant to be out of the venue at 8:30 that evening, just for everyone's information. But we will be late leaving the venue. As long as we are out by about quarter to 9:00. So what we're going to have to do is look into Jonathan doing his presentation quite briefly. We will have interpretation for that for the first 15 minutes planned. We can maybe make it start dead on time at 7:00, do maybe a 10-minute presentation, and then show the film, and then we'll get everyone out of the building. So the only element still to be confirmed is the popcorn. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, and, Gisella, if it's okay, I'm going to put Daniel in here as the MC because, again, this is really the O & E event so I do want to stress that.

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes. I'll be doing a script which will flow from the LACRALO event into the other one. So it will be a script going from 6:00 PM through to the leaving of the building after the film. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, so that will be making sure that people exit quickly and safely from that session. Okay, so that brings us to Wednesday. When is the GEMS, by the way, Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER: The GEMS, well, I believe it is meant to be Tuesday. I don't know if we have Olivier on the call, but I haven't had any final. It's going to be a bit strange as both Roberto and Andre won't be in Cancun.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Olivier, any updates?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: GEMS will be on, I think we moved it to Wednesday because Jonathan Zuck's film is on Tuesday night, if I understand correctly. So I basically asked for it to be Wednesday so we don't clash with it.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Perfect.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Now that being said, I also understand that [inaudible] ISOC and ICANN meeting on late Wednesday afternoon. I think it will be from 6:30-8:00, so it doesn't conflict with GEMS. Because at that point, if otherwise, we would lose other musicians. It's now 95% a chance that it will [inaudible]. It's going to be a good night again. I'm saying 95% chance [because we're just about to sign].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, could you please send us that information when you have signed it? So we'll add that then.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yeah, when we've signed it, I definitely can do that. By the way, our usual sponsors have now said they can't sponsor anymore. So we're basically doing the new sponsor at least for this one is going to be the BC and [IPC]. They are celebrating their 10 years or—I never know if it's ten years or 100 years of existence. Maybe it is 100 years of existence. I think Marilyn Cade started it a while ago. [inaudible] and they are funding this, but we've had to be very tight on budgets and things. But it's going to be open to everyone, as usual.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Awesome. Okay, next?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, we're nearly there. So then we move to Wednesday. We have the ALAC and Board meeting. Then we do need to have the questions for

the Board. I have not yet seen the Board questions to the ALAC. I will follow up on where they are. They should be [inaudible]. Hang on, I think that we do have them. I will double check that.

GISELLA GRUBER: There's a new format. [inaudible] did send something through, Heidi. Do you remember?

HEIDI ULLRICH: That's right. I do remember that.

GISELLA GRUBER: They're changing the format.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Actually, I did post that. I apologize. I remember that now, so let me just see if I can find that. Gisella, are you able to see the screen at all?

GISELLA GRUBER: Just bear with me. I'm just getting the [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sorry, I'm just looking really quickly. Here we go. Okay, so, yes, we do. We have—okay, here are the priorities. I'm going to link this. Claudia, could you please share this? Maureen, are you willing to spend a little bit of time on this? Just as a heads up.

MAUREEN HILYARD: [Sure].

HEIDI ULLRICH: The deadline for the ALAC questions to the Board is the 24th, so we do have a little bit of time. But we should try to start thinking about the questions. I do recall that there was an action item that we are going to, once we determine the topics, we are going to also determine the priority with the most important going first.

Okay, so here we go. Okay, so the Board proposes the following areas of interest to have an open discussion with you. So key priorities for action of ICANN constituencies in 2020, including recommendations, streamlining of reviews, improved effectiveness of ICANN's multistakeholder model, and then also specific developments coming up that ICANN constituencies feel need to be addressed when updating the ICANN strategic plan.

MAUREEN HILYARD: And Holly and no doubt Jonathan will find something to say about DNS abuse. So we'll have a discussion about that. But we do, yeah. I think we'll be [all right].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Well, Holly?

HOLLY RAICHE: We'll get something done by the 24th, that's for sure.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. And, Holly, the question about the DNS abuse, absolutely, that's question one in my reading is that they're asking what At-Large's key priority is. What I'm hearing is it's going to be DNS abuse.

HOLLY RAICHE: Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: So that should definitely come into play there.

HOLLY RAICHE: Good. Thank you. There are some definitely questions in that letter or some suggestions about not only things that Compliance might do but things that the Board might do. So maybe, Jonathan, you could go through that letter and just say, "What are the things that specifically the Board might respond to?" Because we ask for a lot of things in that letter, and not all of them relate to the Board. Thank you.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Thanks, Holly. Yeah, the letter does all the recommendations. There are observations and recommendations, but [inaudible]. Can you hear me?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Sorry, a call came through on my headphones and I think it sometimes mutes me when that happens. All the recommendations in the recommendation sections are aimed at the Board, but they are about directing others to engage in things like directing the Org to renegotiate contracts, etc. That's the funny thing about the Board is that they're really an approving body as opposed to a doing body. So aiming things at the Board has some complexity associated with it in that for the most part what they're going to do is direct others to actually perform some kind of implementation. But I'll go through it and try to really narrow it down to some discussion topics, for sure.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: [Silvia], could you note that as an action item, please? Just as a reminder to Jonathan. Again, just a reminder to you, Jonathan, the 24th of this month is the deadline.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, good.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Yes, okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, yeah, sorry. I was just trying to get back to where I can see where I am here. Okay, so we are back to Wednesday. So we have the ALAC and Board meeting, 8:30-9:30. Then we have the GAC PSWG meeting with the ALAC. This is a closed meeting, 9:45-10:15. Gisella, do you have information from that agenda? Is that also going to be developed at the intersessional leadership session?

GISELLA GRUBER: Heidi, I'm not sure. What I'll do is I'll pick up on Yrjö's email and ask him if he has an agenda for that session. Is that okay?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Perfect. Yeah, so I'll handle TTF and you handle the GAC meeting. Okay, perfect. Okay, then we come 10:30-12:00, we have the At-Large leadership session. That is going to be a discussion with the PTI board, 10:30-11:00. I have not reached out to them because I'm sort of waiting for the webinar, the ICANN 67 webinar that we're going to invite them to. So I can get back to them on [both]. And then we also have the ATRT3 update. Cheryl, is that a good title for that?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Yes, nothing wrong with that. You could say final report update.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Perfect. I will make that change. Okay, I'll go ahead and list all the reps names as well.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Yes, please, so it makes sure it gets into their [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, perfect. And we'll send calendar invites. Then we have the amazing [roundtable]: the One World, One Internet Cybersecurity and Geopolitics in a Multistakeholder Environment. I thought I did see an agenda on that, but we don't have that posted yet.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, Joanna has been asking Manal about some bits and pieces, so obviously she's still waiting to get the finalized agenda.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, perfect. Looking forward to that. Then we have, for those who are interested, we have the ICANN Academy working group. They're going to be [feeding] back on the leadership program that is taking place two days prior to the start of the meeting. The [inaudible] program which is going to kick off, and then the intracultural awareness program which will start again in Kuala Lumpur as well as other items.

Then we have the joint AFRALO AfrICANN meeting, 17:00-18:30. I believe that they have agreed to a topic for their statement. That is going to be DNS abuse. And, [Silvia], do we have any update on when we can expect the agenda for that?

[SILVIA]: It will [inaudible] with [Sarah] and Seun, and [inaudible] draft agenda [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Perfect. So we're nearly there. It's looking really good.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Heidi, Joanna with a hand up.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Oh, okay, Joanna?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Joanna's hand up. Joanna?

JOANNA KULESZA: Oh, there I go. Yeah, thank you. I just wanted to give an update just to [inaudible] Maureen said is perfectly correct. I've been sending emails. I have confirmation from NCSG. I just got Stephanie's message today saying that they will participate. I understand that the SSAC and RSSAC will participate as well. I want one person to represent the technical community. I just sent them an email. I'm waiting for them to try to figure out who would be best to just come and talk to us.

And as Maureen observed, the GAC seems most challenging [as they are kind of afraid] to tackle the issue openly. But I'm hopeful. I have Yrjö on the case as well, and I know Manal is in favor of having the

conversation. So I think that should work. Once I have the GAC and I already have NCSG and I get the technical folks on, I want to tell Leon when and where this is going to happen just to have the Board secured as well. [inaudible] I'm working on it. It's looking optimistic. But if anyone has any push in the GAC to encourage them to come over, I would appreciate that. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Perfect. Sounds great, Joanna. Okay, so that evening after—well, actually, at the same time as the AFRALO AfrICANN there's also the European stakeholders and regional Internet organizations networking event as well as after that I'm hearing the GEMS. So a busy day into the evening there.

Then final day, Thursday, we move into, let's see, we have a Plenary 2 first thing in the morning on DNS and IoT. Then we have the wrap-up for At-Large. That includes the ALAC actions report, and Göran and Maarten will be invited there. I'm still working on the times there.

Any questions for that?

Okay, then we move into we have the EPDP session. We have the ICANN 68 kick-off by invitation only. Then we move into the At-Large leadership session, prep for ICANN 68. Maureen, we don't have an agenda for that yet. In the past, we've basically looked at what are the priorities going into that next session and then going from there. Should I just drop an agenda and put that [over to you]?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. It's sort of like our what do we want to do at the next meeting but what's happening also in between and making sure that everybody is on the same plane with regards to preparing the lead-up to it as well.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, so I mean, definitely on that would be continuing the policy issues. I know that there was an action item from Montreal that there was going to be a large event from At-Large on DNS abuse. I don't recall if that was going to be a plenary session, if that was going to be inviting others. There was going to be another big session on UA, I recall as well.

Obviously, for the At-Large review implementation, the next steps to finish the ALS mobilization working party paper, and then move into that final report hopefully no later than end of May for that to get that over to the Board. So that's what's on top of my—oh, and then obviously we have elections coming up as well, election season starts. Just a heads up, that might [inaudible] a heads up there.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, okay. Yeah, we'll look at that one.

HEIDI ULLRICH: And then immediately after that, we move into the Q&A with the ICANN Org executive team. There's an [EPDP] wrap-up meeting. Public Forum 2, 16:00-17:30, followed directly by an ICANN Board meeting, 17:30-18:30. And then final closing cocktail, 18:30-[20:00].

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, Claudia?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: [I see Cheryl with her] hand up.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: [All right, Claudia]. Thanks, Heidi. Look, just on the election season, and I know that Maureen and Alan and I are going to be looking at Rules of Procedure and opportunities to review a couple of them with Heidi in the near future.

But the selection of nominating committee members, and that of course is something that we've previously had [linked] together with the election season, is going to be required after the NomCom review recommendations are implemented to move back to be finalized by April. Which means in the future, that's by 2021, we're going to have to be appointing, selecting your NomCom members, admittedly for two-year terms by 2022, during March to meet an April deadline.

So we might want to introduce that in [inaudible] this year. Whether it's at this meeting or another I don't mind, but I tend to find you get more carriage and enthusiasm about people thinking about election issues and selection issues when it's selection and election season. Thanks.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you very much.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Right.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, Maureen, that brings us to the end, I think.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, that brings us to the end. We've been through so much, but the ALS mobilization, just going through that list of things that we said that we would include at this meeting and I think like the UA, the DNS abuse we've covered. I think we've covered that. And then there was the ALS mobilization, and I know that Alan wanted a session.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: [inaudible]

MAUREEN HILYARD: So have we included that?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We covered it. You got that earlier on.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Yeah, we've covered that.

MAUREEN HILYARD: That's good. I just wanted to check that. Is there anything else on that list that you had, Heidi, that we missed anything?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Well, on the agenda? Because I'm looking at the agenda and the next item—go ahead.

MAUREEN HILYARD: No, no, no. You go. The next item?

HEIDI ULLRICH: I am looking and there are quite—yeah, the next item on the agenda is a review of open action items. There are quite a few. I note that we are at the top of the hour and that we still have an item on updates on the LACRALO board with Sergio.

MAUREEN HILYARD: [inaudible] that's something we can do [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, because I know that we are definitely working on these action items. I mean, I can [close some] already. So do you want to move over to Sergio?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Is Sergio here?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Claudia, is he here? Or anyone from LACRALO?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Heidi, no. Sergio sent his apologies and we have nobody else from LACRALO.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Ah, okay.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, well, [Silvia], do you want to give just a really brief update? Like a minute.

[SILVIA]: [Yes, I can].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, if that's okay, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, that's fine. Last item.

[SILVIA]: The LACRALO board, they are holding teleconference twice per month, 90 minutes each one. They are now going through strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats exercise. They are also reviewing [inaudible] idea for a five-year strategic plan for the next five years. And they will meet again next week for 90 minutes to continue their deliberations and have some documents ready to discuss face-to-face when they meet in Cancun.

So the agenda is in progress, and I think they are actually having a very good conversation online talking about the mission, the vision for LACRALO and also analyzing the new rules that they are working on, the Rules of Procedure that they have a draft. So they will include that also in their discussions. So that's all for the LACRALO board [inaudible]. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: All right, thank you. If you refresh that page, Claudia, we will see that there are a lot more that have been closed. Still following up on a few, but I think we're in good shape there. Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, actually, thank you. I just realized that we had been discussing the lunchtime session, but I had forgotten about the workshop that we were actually looking at to run for the capacity building working group to have that face-to-face having had—well, Betsy is there and all the other communication people are there. We're looking at resourcing and what's available and getting them to do a little bit of workshopping in a face-to-face situation. Was that another session?

HEIDI ULLRICH: So, Maureen, did you want that one to be a public session? Or is that that one that [inaudible] replacing the Monday.

MAUREEN HILYARD: No, it's a closed session for Joanna's [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, that's Monday.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, that's Monday. You'll see. That little closed caption thing there, that is Monday. It's 12:15-13:15. Sally Newell Cohen has confirmed. I'm waiting to hear back from Betsy. I'm sure she'll be okay.

MAUREEN HILYARD: All right. Okay, awesome. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen, you do have a note in your inbox from David, so you might want to take a look at that one and get back to us as well.

MAUREEN HILYARD: All right. Okay, thank you. That's it. We're at the top of the hour. Thank you very much, everyone. I think that Gisella and Heidi will let us know if anyone drops out or anything like that. So we can fill in those gaps as required. Okie dokey? Thank you very much, everyone. Have a good day, everyone, wherever you are. Bye.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]