

YEŞİM NAZLAR:

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome to the ICANN67 Planning Committee call taking place on Tuesday 4th of February 2020 at 14:00 UTC. On our call today, on the English channel, we have Maureen Hilyard, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Daniel Nanghaka, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Joanna Kulesza, Yrjö Länsipuro, and Barrack Otieno.

On the Spanish channel, we have Sergio Salinas Porto. We have received apologies from Holly Raiche. And from staff side ... Sorry, I'm hearing an echo. Just hold on, please. And from staff side, we have Silvia Vivanco, Gisella Gruber, and myself Yeşim Nazlar present on today's call.

Our Spanish interpreters are Veronica and Marina. Before we start, just a kind reminder to please state your names before speaking, not only for the interpretation but also for transcription purposes as well, please. And now, I would like to leave the floor back to you, Maureen. Thank you very much.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Yeşim. Good morning, everyone. Good early morning for people, anyway, near my region. Thank you, everyone, for coming along today. We've got, I'd say, quite a bit to get through. I know that there have been lots of activity with people being scheduled into, or wanting to be scheduled into, our program. It's going to be a busy time for Gisella and the team. Let's move on and see what we've got comes out of it.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

Is there anything ...? There's the schedule that we've got at the moment, the agenda. Anything that anyone wants to ...? You can bring it up. You can raise it as we go through. Okay. Let's, first of all, look at the new block schedule to see what's in store for us. Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER: Oh, thank you, Maureen. Just confirming you can all hear me.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, okay.

GISELLA GRUBER: Wonderful. Thank you very much. Good morning and thank you for all those joining at a terribly early time on that side of the world. I just thought we'd run through what actually is a slightly even more updated version than what Tanzania sent through over the weekend with regards to the sessions that have been placed, bearing in mind that we are able to submit changes until tomorrow and then the schedule will be published on the 17th of February.

But due to Maureen being in LA and Jonathan and Joanna last week, we had, obviously, a little delay with the progression of our schedule for ICANN67. We'll have a little bit of buffer time. Let's not panic that everything needs to be finalized by tomorrow, which I'd like to get done by the end of the week, though, the important bit being the titles that will appear on the ICANN67 main schedule.

Then, with regards to the agendas on the ICANN67 schedule, we usually put a brief description of the session, if that is relevant, and always a link to our At-Large Wiki pages as a reminder. On the At-Large Wiki pages, we will still be able to make changes until approximately the 17th of February, by which we then have to send them in for translation to publish them on the At-Large Wiki pages. So that was just to give you an outline of how we need to proceed, now, with completing our schedule.

But if we just want to have a quick look at the i-Scheduler, this is our internal document. All the information that we have on this internal document comes through our meeting forms that each of the groups submits. There are still a few tweaks. And if we can maybe just go through to ... And again, I don't have the ... Just checking that I've got the version. Yes, I've just highlighted a few items.

Coming to Saturday, Yeşim, there is nothing to highlight as such. All our sessions are also on our Wiki pages. With regards to Sunday, if we go down to Sunday, I've just highlighted on i-Scheduler the ALAC and the ccNSO meeting, only because that meeting is going to be a 60-minute session, which either gives us 30 minutes still to have a bit at the end of that session where we can add something to it, and potentially there change the title so that people know that there's also part of a working session there, all ending at 18:00 instead. There was discussion to go to the ccNSO room but, unfortunately, they don't have interpretation. Though, again, the ccNSO will be coming to the ALAC room.

Onto Monday, we have the three sessions that I've highlighted, again just to show what is happening at a certain time against our sessions, therefore also assist us in how we need to build our agenda for that 90-

minute session from 13:30-15:00. Known as the “Africa Strategies” session, it’s happening. The ATRT3 engagement with the ATRT3 and the strategic outlook session, noting that there are several strategic outlook sessions during the week.

And what is not on there yet, as it is a TBC, is the gala. Again, it is likely to be a one-hour gala at the venue, running from 18:30-19:30, pretty much leaving the evening free if anyone wants to meet up. It’s not going to be anything off-site and there’s nothing grandiose.

Moving onto Tuesday, again, I’ve just highlighted a strategic outlook session which is there. And then, on Tuesday afternoon, I only highlighted the GAC coffee session as we will have an At-Large leadership working session from 13:30-14:30. We can then move over to the GAC room where we can have a coffee before attending the ICANN Board and GAC meeting, which then leads into our joint GAC and ALAC meeting. At that time, in our ALAC room, we have the LACRALO Board meeting but we will come back to that later.

Tuesday evening, we have our networking event. Why I’ve highlighted the LAC strategy session from 17:00-18:00 is just as Silvia works with Rodrigo on the LACRALO networking event and [inaudible], Rodrigo will be coming from the LAC strategy over to our LACRALO networking event, which ends at 19:00, not at 20:00 as in i-Scheduler. And then, we have the outreach and engagement screening of Jonathan’s movie from 19:00-21:00. Again, we’ll be coming back to that.

On Wednesday, I’ve highlighted the GAC, the PSWG meeting with ALAC, and I know that Yrjö sent out a note to see who wished to join that

session. It's a closed meeting and I just wanted to point it out so that when we finish the meeting with the ICANN Board, a few people will be going onto that meeting and then we will be coming back into our sessions.

Note that on Wednesday, what we see in pink there is not accurate because from 13:30-15:00 we have Joanna's session and not the AFRALO African meeting that hasn't yet been changed. The AFRALO African meeting is likely to move to the morning slot.

And we have the regional leaders. And then, I just again wanted to highlight in yellow for our last session of the day that at that time we've got the European stakeholder and regional Internet organizations as well as LAC space. That was just so that we were aware of that when we did our schedule.

That was all there was to point out, I believe, on i-Scheduler. I don't know if anyone else saw any major clashes, the sessions which haven't already been put on the At-Large Wiki pages. I'm just going to go back into the Zoom room. I don't know if there are any questions. I've just been rambling on.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Good morning and good afternoon. Just a question. I think the regional leadership meeting is normally on a Saturday afternoon. Are you moving it to Wednesday because you'd like to maybe have the LACRALO Board's report back? What was the thinking of having that move?

GISELLA GRUBER: Because the regional leaders, off the top of my head, usually met during the week. If you'd like them to meet over the weekend, that's fine. It was just the RALO chairs usually had a 90-minute session during the week. But that can be any time.

HEIDI ULLRICH: That was in the past. I do recall that. But in the recent past, I thought we would hold on Saturday afternoon that whole session of regional leadership, outreach and engagement, etc. When is the outreach and engagement session? If everyone's okay with doing that ... And this time, because the LACRALO Board is meeting, perhaps Wednesday is a good time for [inaudible] report. But I'm just pointing out ... Oh, she's lost audio. Okay. Maureen, are you okay with that, or anyone else?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sorry, I was just trying to unmute myself. I'd really like ... We had actually thought that, on the Saturday and Sunday, if we can have those meetings—especially outreach and engagement and the regional leaders would also be a suitable one—so that the LACRALO leaders would actually see some of the important inputs that the regional leaders and any policy outreach activities, they can actually see them in action before

they have their own meetings. So they would have already had their [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. Excellent point. Actually, the board people will be leaving on Wednesday. It's a good point. Some of them are leaving in the morning, I believe. Yeah, I think we do need to move that back over to Saturday. Yeşim, is Gisella back on yet? Yeşim?

GISELLA GRUBER: I'm here.

HEIDI ULLRICH: There you are.

YEŞİM NAZLAR: She's here.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Gisella, welcome back. Regional leaders are on Saturday. Maureen made a very good point that most of the LACRALO Board people will be already leaving on Wednesday so they'll likely miss that if it's held on Wednesday afternoon. If we could move that back over to Saturday as the outreach and engagement session, that would be ideal.

GISELLA GRUBER: Perfect, thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, thank you.

GISELLA GRUBER: I'm just looking to see if there are ... Oh, Sergio has his hand up.

YEŞİM NAZLAR: Sorry, Heidi. I had to mute you on Zoom. Could you please use the phone bridge when speaking?

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: I apologize. I made a mistake. Instead of using the phone bridge, I used the Zoom. I apologize. As I was saying, in principle we had Friday to work outside of ICANN meeting, two days to see ... Sorry. Monday and Tuesday. We have no problem to make this change but we should bear in mind that on Tuesday there is no hotel anymore for our participants. They are traveling back to their countries. We should bear that in mind to see how the LACRALO Board work. Thank you. That's the only comment I have.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Sergio. We'll keep that in mind.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen? My understanding, and I'm quite sure about this, is that because we did give the board members an extra night, normally they would have left Monday. Now they are ... Sorry. I think they would have

been leaving Tuesday, now they are leaving Wednesday. They do have that extra night in the hotel. I will double-check that but that's the request we put in. Yeah. Thank you. Because we did realize that they would have to leave already midday Tuesday. Hence, we gave them through Wednesday.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Right. Okay. Something for Gisella to add to the list. Okay. Are there any other questions or queries? I can't see anything at the moment. Okay. Moving on, then. Anything else on that? Nothing else on the block schedule, Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER: Nope. Maureen, nothing else on the main schedule.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Great, thank you. Let's move on, then, to the key issues to be addressed during ICANN67. This is on the action items, 67 planning committee call. We've got a big, long list there of, already, some of the things that are being proposed to go into the schedule. These have all come through to you, Gisella. Do you want to go through these or ...? I see. Oh, I can do that. No? Nothing that you want to raise?

GISELLA GRUBER: Maureen, [inaudible] some of the sessions and I think [we don't need] to work with Heidi on placing more of the sessions over the weekend and seeing how they transition from one session to the next. Bearing in mind

we've also got three spaces on Tuesday for meetings. That's basically filling the gaps. With regards to the action items, I had a TTF meeting on Tuesday from 17:00-17:45. Then, I cut off and [inaudible] the LACRALO networking event.

However, I just thought Tuesday, maybe, if we are aiming to get a wider group to participate in the TTF outside of At-Large, and also potentially for people to join remotely, Tuesday may be more convenient than Saturday or Sunday. But again, that's out there. I'm happy to. If anyone thinks differently then we can put it over the weekend.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I think we're going to be quite tight for what we put in on the weekend. I know that there are sessions such as Joanna's one which is going to go on during the week. The At-Large and NCSG, has a time been assigned to that yet? And a date? That's not on a weekend, is it?

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, which one was that, Maureen? Apologies.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Olivier's session.

GISELLA GRUBER: Which is Olivier's session?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Is that during the week or is that on the weekend?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Gisella, this is the CCEG, which we don't work ... We don't support that one.

MAUREEN HILYARD: No, no, no. The joint ALAC NCSG one.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, Maureen. Yes, correct, that is Monday and I've been following up with Bruna and Olivier. It is currently set from 10:30-12:00 and then we also had the 12:15-13:15. But as the fellows in NextGen are not available over the lunchtime session, there has been discussion over whether we hold the lunchtime session at all or whether we make it more of an interaction, maybe ALAC and NCSG. So if Olivier's on the call, I believe that one [inaudible] has been scheduled for Monday and still awaiting response on that.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. All right. I shall check when that was [inaudible]. Thank you. The TTS session, did you say that was actually proposed for the weekend or the very first one? [inaudible]

GISELLA GRUBER: Maureen, the very first one I have put on Tuesday doesn't [inaudible]. Again, happy to move to the weekend but we may have a full schedule over the weekend. The TTS session could be a standalone on Tuesday.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Right. Okay. The next one is that we were going to work on key messages for the GAC/ALAC joint meeting. I think that Yrjö has basically got a session outline. There's supposed to be an inter-sessional. Has that been organized yet? Heidi, do you know? Yrjö, great. Thank you, Yrjö.

YRJÖ LANSIPURO: Hello. Yeah, so far the agenda of that meeting, first of all, is for comparing notes of the ePDP people. Then, the SubPro thing. That is to say, I'm now waiting for information from [inaudible] who is the chair of the GAC focus group on new gTLDs for an inter-sessional meeting with a few people from our side. Mainly, I think, that will be Justine and the rest of the small group that is working on those things and preparing the scorecard. And of course, there is also a scorecard being prepared from the GAC side.

The idea would be to compare these inter-sessionals. I hope that that could be done before the meeting in Cancún. And then, of course, at our joint meeting in Cancún we would review the results of that meeting. On capacity building, I don't really know if there is anything new to talk about.

The idea was to have our participation in the GAC capacity-building event that should take place before the Cancún meeting. But I think that's off

the books, now. And I understand that Pua is not coming to Cancún, which makes things a bit difficult on this account.

If you remember, last time, last meeting, there was a suggestion from our side, from Ricardo, that we should try to develop this cooperation also on a national level in EURALO. We have sent out a survey. We want to know if that already happens on the national level. That is to say, whether the ALSes are actually in contact and possibly in cooperation with the GAC reps. And I hope they will get some results to talk about in Cancún. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Yrjö. Yes, that sounds really very interesting, to see that a RALO has gotten engaged, there. It would be good to get some feedback on that. Thank you very much. Okay. We're moving ahead with that one. Yes, I did notice that the capacity-building sessions that the GAC was actually going to be holding conflicted with something that we had.

As Yrjö said, Pua is unable to attend because of the way they schedule their slots. She's had three slots and then they have to miss one. Her missing one happens to be at this meeting, which is really unfortunate because this was going to be an important meeting for the GAC and ALAC working together.

Moving on, then, so that we've got the GAC organized. If we can get that inter-sessional on the public safety, I think that was another session that we were going to be looking at, as well. The next one is Maarten and León, getting them at our meeting. I think that we've got quite a few

sessions so, surely, we must be able to find some time when they can come to speak with us.

I guess it's, again, just as we've got, there's a section on the ICANN67 prep page where it's looking at preparation for the meeting and what sort of questions we want to ask. That's going to be one of those sessions where we can pose anything to Maarten and León before they actually arrive. Okay. Moving on, then, if there are no questions. Oh, my gosh. Heidi's hand up, I've just seen. Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Oh, I think that's an old hand. I'm sorry. Apologies.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Okay. Olivier.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Yeah. Thanks, Maureen. That was a very old hand, as well. It's from before. I was just going to mention on the At-Large NCUC sessions that we're looking at potentially just having one session rather than two, the reason being that our primary customers as one would say, or audience, is actually going to be really busy at lunchtime. We might just scramble things into 90 minutes rather than two sessions. That was just the thing. Thanks.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, no. That's okay. That means that we can give this an extra session. Joanna, sorry about that. I had it covered up. Joanna.

JOANNA KULESZA: Thank you, Maureen. That is perfect. Just wanted to chip in on the GAC capacity-building theme that Yrjö mentioned. I believe there will be opportunities for us to take further steps, even though Pua unfortunately cannot be there. As you might recall, during the LA meeting we had numerous conversations with Manal, who emphasized the GAC's will to collaborate with us when it comes to combining resources and providing them to the entire community, as opposed to keeping them just within At-Large.

So this conversation we've been having on making the resources that the Org has been working on available to the entire community, as well as the "One World, One Internet" session on Wednesday, are the playing ground for us to work together in capacity building and find uniform language when it comes to the issues that will be discussed.

At this point, we are in the middle of setting up the list of speakers. Manal has promised to be supportive. There seems to be some confusion or reluctance so we're working on making sure that the GAC is on board there, as well. Once we have the speakers, I believe this will be another step that will take us further when it comes to understanding our positions and informing those positions when the next steps are taken by At-Large but joined in by GAC. That was all I wanted to chip in. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you very much for that, Joanna. There were some very interesting discussions that took place in LA and I'm certainly glad to have Joanna and Jonathan there, as well. I think we've made quite a lot of important context and development with regards to working together on a lot of things, and especially in the area of capacity building.

This is going to be a major theme for us this year. Joanna has already started to organize her team. I think it's showing great promise, here. Okay. It's good to see that Manal's very engaged and getting the two groups working together on a lot of different things. Thank you for that, Joanna.

Then, moving on to Daniel. I have noticed that there's a lot of activity going on in relation to the booths. Daniel, if you'd like to let us know what's happening there? And also, your outreach and engagement session. Gisella, you did mention that the outreach and engagement session would be on Saturday or Sunday. That's already a given, right?

GISELLA GRUBER: Maureen, yes, we can slot it in on Saturday. I'm just updating the Wiki page. There's potential for Saturday afternoon after Jonathan's session and after the regional leaders. It might link in with the regional leaders like we did last time, now that I've been reminded.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Awesome.

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: That's great. Thank you. Okay, Dan, are you able to give us an update on what's happening with the booth's outreach activities and what may be required by some of us? Is Dan on the phone bridge? No?

YEŞİM NAZLAR: Sorry, Maureen. I was trying to unmute. Daniel is on Zoom, only. I will try to unmute him. Strange, but I cannot unmute him.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen, I was on the subcommittee on outreach and engagement call yesterday, where they discussed that. I'm able to summarize that if you'd like.

MAUREEN HILYARD: That would be great.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, perfect. Just very briefly, they did very much discuss the booth and they are planning coordinated activities. They do want to have giveaways. They're going to get organized in terms of the schedule, but we realize that it's going to be someone from ICANN Org who has that. Also, the suggestion of holding quizzes came up so they are already working on that, where they will have a quiz throughout the week, various questions, and then there will be prizes for those who have answered the quiz.

They also discussed how they can have the sign-up sheets for interested parties more efficient. They're now looking into having a Google Doc on a tablet that they can then use to make sure that the information of people's names and contact information gets to the right regional leader. Okay, Daniel. I think that's it. Now, there was one question about the movie. I'm not sure if you want to talk about that now, Gisella, or Maureen? Or should we have that a little bit later?

MAUREEN HILYARD: It's not on the list. I guess we can look at it as an outreach activity.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Correct, that's what we had. Okay, perfect. So that's what the plan was, that this was going to be sort of an area, this movie, this showing of Jonathan Zuck's movie, meant to be broken as, in a way, an outreach and engagement event. What the staff has planned right now was that there would be, on Tuesday evening, a one-hour LACRALO or LAC with the GSE team – a networking session. And then, immediately following that, for about two hours, I believe, in the same room, would be the showing of this movie. So right prior to that, Jonathan would talk a little bit about At-Large and DNS abuse issues. Okay?

Now, if everyone, again ... We discussed this, I believe, on the last call. There were a lot of people in favor of that so we've moved ahead. We've also moved ahead with enforcing the DNS pins/buttons that will be used, perhaps as a way to increase interest in attending that event. Not necessarily a ticket. However, on yesterday's call, which there were some people that were very much in favor, there were some who said, "Well,

what's the connection between DNS abuse, At-Large, ICANN, and the movie?"

So I just wanted to raise that, that there was some discussion on that. Do you want to move ahead with this, still? We could move ahead and just have an At-Large event, networking, which it is. It's more of a social event. Do you want to link it to outreach and engagement and have the group mention the showing of that movie and the DNS abuse aspect? I'll open it up, Maureen. Back to you, then.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Heidi. I know that we did say that, with Jonathan, in his presentation before the movie starts, we would use a captive audience to, again, push our favorite topic. But I guess it's sort of like ... I don't know. It depends on how Jonathan feels about this, whether it is something that we push for. If we do mention that it is part of our outreach, our outreach focus for this meeting is the whole DNS abuse issue. I guess it just depends on how much of an emphasis we want to put on it, apart from mentioning that it is important to us. Jonathan, do you have a comment to make on that?

JONATHAN ZUCK:

I guess I'm not sure. I don't think there is much connection between DNS abuse and the movie. It's really, as you say, an opportunity to have a captured audience and just repeat the messaging or something like that. I guess I would have tried to create an artificial connection between them, somehow. I think it's probably a little bit arbitrary to bring up DNS abuse.

But it's also a little bit arbitrary to play a movie during a LACRALO event, too, right? I don't know whether to be concerned about the fact that it's arbitrary. And then we have a bunch of people in a room and we should talk to them briefly about the importance of combating DNS abuse.

I'm sort of in favor of that strategy, that we should do that whenever we have a bunch of people in a room. I don't know of a direct connection to the film any more than there's a direct connection between LACRALO and the film except that a lot of the interest for doing the movie came from LACRALO. Go ahead, sorry.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Jonathan, we have recognized that. We have separated ... They are two very different events. They're just successive, right? There is a LAC event that starts and then we'll move to the other event. Two separate sessions, okay? Yes [cross talk].

JONATHAN ZUCK:

Oh, I see. The movie is its own event, it's not part of the LACRALO.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Correct. And what we were thinking is that Daniel [one and two] felt comfortable to take this second event, the movie event, as an outreach and engagement event, as a combination of the activities at the booths, etc., then he could start the movie, greet everyone, hand it over to you, talk a little bit about DNS abuse and then put your other cap on and introduce the movie. That's what we were thinking.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Which is fine for me. There doesn't need to be a connection except, "Hey, now that we've got you here we're going to talk to you for five minutes about DNS abuse," or something.

GISELLA GRUBER: Correct, yes.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I think, too, that it helps with Daniel doing that introduction and looking at it from an outreach perspective to get what [inaudible]. It could shift those two into it. I think that's doable. I think it's doable.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Okay. Yeah, I'm happy to do it. I'm a firm believer in repeating our messages over and over again to anyone that will listen. I don't need to be convinced on that front.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Yeah. We're convinced. Right. Okay. So that's good. I must admit, the chat from the outreach and engagement co-chairs has been really interesting and they're very engaged. It sounds like it's going to be a great place to be for anyone who's got a free moment to be at the booth. Okay. Then, moving onto, again, our questions for the board. Yesterday, there was a notice that came out from ...

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Maureen, sorry. I have raised my hand.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, sorry. I've gone down. Yes, Sergio. Go.

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you very much, Maureen. I have a different perspective on this. We, the regional LACRALO leadership, would like to introduce Jonathan and the movie. We would like to make this transition from the LACRALO networking session to the movie screening. I think it would be very good for LACRALO to make this transition on this very important movie for the entire LACRALO and At-Large community. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you for that, Sergio. I think what we'll do is ... I think we can work out together how we do this. I'm sure that it's great that LACRALO is interested in the movie. But I think what we're actually just looking at is how we bring in our key messaging that we're focusing on for the event, how we bring that in. But that's something we will work on offline. That'll be fine. Okay.

Just getting back to the questions. We always, always have issues on the questions that we need to raise with the board and other groups that we're working with. I think that this, in Maarten's message yesterday, was sort of focusing on what's important for us. I think we'll see if the At-Large leadership can come up with some suggestions and we'll leave it with them. Moving on, therefore, to Heidi. Working with Jonathan on getting that information, I guess that's in progress or being done?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sorry, which information?

MAUREEN HILYARD: On DNS abuse. Sourcing ICANN information on DNS abuse.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, that is being done. Thank you. In progress.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Great. As long as Jonathan gets that and for putting together those key messages that we want to get out to everyone. Okay. The next one was the pre-ICANN67 At-Large webinar, which we were going to do before the event, just to introduce everyone to what was happening.

Now, that's a little bit down the track because we're still putting the program together. I like the idea and I think that it's something that we could do to prepare people for what is actually going to be happening in Cancún. That will probably be a work in progress as we develop it. But when would be a good time? Has there been some kind of a ...?

GISELLA GRUBER: Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes?

GISELLA GRUBER:

Just with regards to that, that is actually going to be brought up on our internal call later. With regards to the scheduling of that, due to APRICOT being the week of the 17th, I was thinking if we wanted ... And, the week of the 17th, let's not forget that we have the ICANN67 press webinars, which everyone needs to register for before the 14th of February. We'll send out regular reminders for that.

That week has already got quite a few webinars. We could potentially do the week of the 24th, when we will have our schedule just about finalized. It will also be a week where we still have interpretation. And then, I think it will be pretty fresh on everyone's minds as, the following week, everyone gets ready and travels to Cancún. Bearing in mind a reminder that on Tuesday the 25th of February, we do have the ALAC call scheduled. The suggestion would be that week of the 24th. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

All right. Okay. I think that this next item, for example, with the PTI Board members was, when we were talking about the webinar, one of the key reasons for having the webinar was to introduce what it is that PTI do so that when they came to the sessions they wouldn't have to introduce themselves, as such, because we would have actually done that. They could really get into the business of what it is that they want to have the interaction with us as a group and get right into it.

Again, to make it different from what is already happening ICANN-wide, we should really be promoting the ICANN prep webinars. It's really looking at things specifically that we can raise about our program and

what's happening so that they at least get a general idea of what it's going to be about before it actually happens.

I could see the value in actually having our own. It may not need to be a whole hour or so. It just depends on what information people want to provide our At-Large community before the actual events happen, itself, and the PTI Board ... I mean, what is it? What is PTI? The sort of questions that people might ask before we actually have our session with them.

Okay? Okay. Moving on, therefore. The communications issue. Yeşim and I organized a meeting so that we could actually look at the communications-related issues. Now, when I'm talking communications, at the moment, with regards to the GAC and in NPOC, a lot of it is to do with the capacity-building work that we're doing and the course development, having involved GAC and NPOC specifically but NCUC, involving the wider team/anyone who wants to come in and be engaged with the capacity-building program.

That's what that is. Now, I'm not quite sure whether the inter-sessional meetings are really required. Although, I'm assuming we're going to have a capacity-building session to discuss a lot of the proposed courses that are going to be developed during the year.

I just had a discussion this morning, e-mail discussion, with RSSAC, which came out of the LA meeting. They have sessions on what it is that RSSAC does but there are Saturday and Sunday things and our people don't get a chance to get to a lot of those sessions. We were discussing that, perhaps, we could put together an ICANN Learn course that incorporates

a lot of the things that they actually raise about RSSAC, introducing themselves.

And also, they're going to come to talk to us about the progress in the new developments that they are making within their own organization. Again, as Joanna mentioned, getting the GAC and NPOC in to work together on those activities may require a session of its own actually at the meeting. I'm not quite sure what we'll do. That inter-sessional just depends on buying some time to do ... Meetings between now and Cancún are just pretty hectic. Any questions? No? Good.

ALAC session ... Done. Done. I'm actually having a meeting with Pua this week so I can get some feedback from her about the GAC [related] things, anyway. Gisella and Jonathan to work with relevant meeting staff on the showing of the movie. We've already discussed that. And Claudia to reserve [offices]. Yep, that's already done. Okay. Any other questions? Anything else that anyone else wants to raise? Okay. Good.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Can you hear me?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yep. Oh, yes, Daniel. Yes. Great.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Yeah, I think you have been ... I've been quiet most of the time with what been taking place with that [internal] preparations. At least, I'm very happy that so far the preparations are going quite well and we are getting

some feedback on the quiz. I also posted a link earlier on over the spreadsheet, so in case someone has an idea of questions that can be added to the quiz, it would be great to put them there.

And then, also, at ICANN67 we are looking to have a very much engaged booth with a series of activities, and also, probably ... I'm not too sure whether we shall be having social media [award]. But if we could be having social media [award], I suggest that the [award] be conducted at the booth.

My expectation is that at least each day there is a [inaudible] at least something interesting or special is happening to be able to arrange participation and engagement, both in the room and out of the room. [inaudible] Thank you. Back to you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Daniel. Okay. It's really good to see your team being very active in preparation for Cancún. Okay. So we've got a few minutes. Really, we can assign this to Sergio to give us an update, if possible, on the board meeting and its objectives for Cancún. Sergio. Sergio?

YEŞİM NAZLAR:

Hi, Maureen. Sergio is not muted on the [legal side]. It seems like he's not speaking at the moment. Are you?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Right. So the interpreters aren't getting anything?

YEŞİM NAZLAR: Maureen, sorry. He just dropped. [Rodrigo] is redialing back to him.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Just while we're waiting, Joanna, I noticed that had mentioned SSAC. I'm assuming that they'll have a session as well. Is Sergio connecting?

YEŞİM NAZLAR: Just checking with [Rodrigo]. One second, please. They're getting a recording, so still trying. It seems like we have an issue with the lines.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Silvia, is there perhaps something that you can provide us with?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Yes.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you.

SILVIA VIVANCO: Thank you so much. Yeah. Since Yrjö is back, [inaudible] LACRALO Board meeting, as you know. [inaudible] created and the new rules of LACRALO operating [inaudible]. This will be the first time that we meet in person. They will discuss [inaudible] for LACRALO, hoping to come up with a

strategy for the next five years. And they will also look at some [short] analytics [which we are sent opportunity and correct] analysis. They are already working on it and having bi-monthly teleconferences that started with a discussion.

They will meet over two days, Monday the 9th and Tuesday the 10th. There will be nine members participating as this meeting in person. After that, on Tuesday the 10th, as you have heard, we have got [older] items with our colleagues, [inaudible] colleagues. [We have working] protection.

They will bring important new people, stakeholders from Mexico. This will be a great opportunity for At-Large, for our community, to meet these new stakeholders. That will be on Tuesday the 10th from 18:00-19:00, followed by their meeting. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you for that. There still seems to be some issues with Sergio's line, unfortunately. But thank you for giving us that update. And I think that it's a great development that has actually happened within LACRALO, and the fact that they're working together as a cross-community group, now that they actually have more people involved in their board from across the community and that everyone is having some input into, as Silvia said, the ... A five-year plan is a really good objective for such a large group to be able to work together on.

It's good, too, to see that the ALAC members are integral to this. We have found in the past that sometimes the ALAC members, not just in LACRALO, in other RALOs, weren't as engaged. I think this is a really good model to see that. It's everyone having some input into this future

development for the RALO so I'm very pleased with the way things are going, there. Okay. We've already covered ... Oh, hang on. Sergio's back on the bridge. Sergio, do you have a minute or two just to do a brief ...? Is that possible?

SERGIO SALINAS PORTO: Thank you, Maureen. You have already mentioned the LACRALO update. As you already know, we will have a meeting so as to be able to get ready for the Cancún meeting. We are also carrying out a short analysis. We have a deadline. We have some requirements to meet. On Thursday, we will have the board meeting. The idea is to keep on working on our activities, in view of reaching a final goal.

Then, we are going to work on a five-year plan. That's why, sometimes, we cannot participate in some meetings. But, as you know, we are really committed and focused on our activities and work. We're working on people who will replace the chair and the secretaries. These are the new members in the region.

They have never participated in leadership positions or they have no experience in leadership issues. They are quite concerned because this new group of people that start working on 2020, we have to work with them and to focus on them, too. I mean train them. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: It's excellent. I think that it's a really great initiative, Sergio. And I think, too that it takes advantage. And I know that you worked very hard on making sure that everyone can be at this meeting and involved on

Saturday and Sunday, and then having their own meetings on Monday and Tuesday sounds excellent.

Okay. I think we've actually come to the top of the hour and we have actually covered everything in our meeting. I don't see—I've purposely got it up, there—any other hands. But we will be asking for people to come forward and give more details, as Gisella has requested, on any scheduled events that people want to run.

It's basically first in, first served into the sessions that [the actual] timing. If you can do that, that will be really good and it's going to help us get ready. Time's running out and there are lots of sessions still to be organized. Thank you very much for coming today and keep in touch. Thank you.

YEŞİM NAZLAR:

Maureen? Sorry. If I may, just a quick question. Are we going to hold this Thursday's meeting for the ICANN67 planning committee for its regular time at 17:00 UTC?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thursday? What day are we today? Were we going to have another one on Thursday?

YRJÖ LANSIPURO:

Yes.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: It's in the calendar, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, right. Okay. Sorry, Cheryl? Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, if I may. Sorry, Maureen. Sorry, Cheryl. Sorry for interrupting. It's that Thursday is the regular time that we've had weekly just to prepare for ICANN67. And we had today's call because we were not able to do last week's call, and we also had the deadline tomorrow of submitting any changes. And further to today's call, I'll make sure that the At-Large regional leaders, etc., and AFRALO African meeting is changed to accommodate Joanna's session, etc.

So I will make some of the changes. If you do wish to hold a call on Thursday, I'm more than happy to do so. Otherwise, it may be good if we could, perhaps, hold one early the following week just to make sure that we have a final schedule which I can then give the go-ahead to Tanzania to say that we've made our changes. Thursday might be a bit late in the game, next Thursday. Again, if we could hold it earlier in the week with whoever's available? Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. I'm happy. Now that we've actually got some things organized, Thursday ... We can still hold the session, and anyone who wants to have some input in that might ... It might just be staff, and just us. But at least we can actually talk about things. Organize it, yeah. That's good. I think

I'll find some time when I'm free. Great. Anyone who would like to [cross talk].

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER: Just to confirm, then. We are holding this Thursday and early next week, or only this Thursday?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well, next week, 10th and 11th are pretty busy. 12th, I'm traveling. My 12th, which is the rest of the world's 13th. It's going to be pretty busy next week for me.

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay. So we will hold it this Thursday, then.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, we'll hold it this Thursday. Yeah. Say the 13th, as well. We'll see what we can do.

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay, great. Thank you very much.

MAUREEN HILYARD: We just need to meet together. People can join in if they want to put some input in or if we need some extra information. Okie-cokie. Right. Okay, then. Thank you very much, everyone. I'm keeping you longer than needed. Just keep in touch with Gisella with regards to any inputs for the program. Thank you.

YEŞİM NAZLAR: Thank you, everyone. This meeting is now adjourned. Have a lovely rest of the day. Bye-bye.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]