
CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening everyone. Welcome to the NARALO Monthly Teleconference Call on Monday the 18th of November 2019 at 20:00 UTC. On the call today we have Eduardo Diaz, Adrian Schmidt, Alfredo Calderon, Bill Jouris, Dana Perry, David Mackey, Gordon Chillcott, John More, Jose Lebron, Judith Hellerstein, Leah Symekher, Marita Moll, and we have apologies from Glenn McKnight. From Staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco and myself, Claudia Ruiz, on call management. And before we begin I would like to remind everyone to please state their name before speaking for the transcription purposes. Thank you very much. And with this I turn the call over to you, Eduardo.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you so much. Can you move the... Scroll the Agenda down. If you can wait a second for me so I can open my Agenda over here, so I can scroll on my other screen. So, sorry for the delay. Okay, so welcome everyone. And did I get the right one here? I'm sorry. Yeah. You have, I believe you all received the email to check the Agenda. So, the question I have is do you object to use this Agenda, or do you want to make changes, or should we continue with the Agenda the way it is? Okay. Not hearing anyone, let's continue. It has been approved.

Before we start today, let me give you some introductory marks as to what are we going to cover today. There are three new topics that I have added to the Agenda from the previous one, and that's to do with the 2020 NomCom dates. Glenn sends his apologies. He's, I don't know, somewhere on the other side of the world doing I don't know what. But

anyhow, he sent his report for the 2020 NomCom since he's our rep there.

I added another discussion topic about NA School of Internet Governance, thank you Adrian for the clarification, for the North American School of Internet Governance that might happen in 2020, 2021, and 2022. I have a typo there. And we should talk about a General Assembly for our region. We are supposed to... It was scheduled for 2021 and it might happen now in 2022 but I need to get your comments on that. The reason for that is that, for all of you that don't know, ICANN is having this AGM Meeting in Seattle in 2021, and then it's coming back to Puerto Rico in March of 2022. So, basically it's going to stay in the same region for two meetings. So, we will talk about that later on.

We're going to have reports by myself, Adrian, and [inaudible], if she's around. Then the ATLAS III and the NASIG 2019 Updates are going to be given by Alfredo and Judith. I don't know if Denise will be able to talk to us about the things that she did for the Universal Acceptance Steering Group while she was in Montreal. Judith is going to bring us up to date on the F20 Discretionary Funds and reminder on the CROP opportunities. We were trying to get access to some files to see how many applications we have already on those CROP opportunities.

I didn't hear Jonathan's name but if he's around, or Marita, they can bring us up to the latest report on Policy Update Report. And I believe David is going to be our new rep in the Outreach Group and Engagement Group that Daniel, I forget his last name, the fellow from Africa, manages. I don't know if there is anything to report there but

just to let you know that he will be our rep in that group. And if Alan is around, then he can update us on the EPDP. And also, I suggest that at the end that we do have our next meeting and final meeting for this year in December 9th at the same time. Are there any questions? This is what I'm planning to cover today in the meeting.

So, I don't see Denise around. Maybe she will join us later on. She was busy in another meeting, she sent her apologies, but she said was going to play with her computer again in case she can connect, she will connect, and she will give us an update on the things that she did on the Universal Acceptance. I know some of the Fellows from the Universal Acceptance Steering Group participated in Montreal. There were some Sessions that were presented in Montreal by the Doctor Data, which he gave us a presentation last month about what Universal Acceptance Steering Group was all about. So, if she gets in sometime during on our call then I will pass the floor. So, let's move on.

ATLAS III. This was a very interesting meeting, different. It was very, very busy. We were very busy, some of us were very busy even before the ICANN Meeting started. We were participating the first two days before the start of the ICANN Meeting. We participated, some of us, on the Second North American School of Internet Governance, which this time it was Glenn who was directing the school with the help Alfredo, Judith, Adrian, and other people from Canada and Montreal. And as the exit survey from that, everything I heard from the school has been very positive. And it was a different type of school from the one that we did in Puerto Rico but I'm going to let Alfredo give you that report after the ATLAS III.

The ATLAS III, there were around, and correct me if I'm wrong, I added these numbers when I found them somewhere, there were 48 participants total in the ATLAS III. And when I'm saying participants, these are the people that were funded or that were already local to the area that participated in ATLAS III. Now, adding to that there were a few of the ALAC Members that participated in and out, since some of the ALAC Members had responsibilities going to other meetings. The Leadership from the RALOs, we also participate, and others that just came around and sat there and watched the ATLAS III evolve.

There was one Prep Session for Coaches. Coaches were people that helped facilitate some of the Breakouts. There were seven Plenaries and five Breakouts. There were seven Network Events and one Lunch Event which was sponsored by ISOC. Also, there were some observation exercises that participants were required to participate and that was during the GAC Board Meeting and the ALAC Board Meeting. And also, they were required to participate in the High-Interest Topics, which cover MultiStakeholder issues with ICANN and other issues I can't remember. Oh, the DNS Abuse, that was another High-Interest Topic.

This ATLAS III was different from ATLAS I and ATLAS II in the sense that this was really a Leadership Development Exercise. Concepts were represented and also were practiced. The concepts of the leadership, and the concepts, I'm not going to enumerate them but they're right there in bullet form in the Agenda. They were presented in the seven Plenaries and then about five or six groups were formed and Breakout Rooms were... People were moved to different Breakout Rooms. And what they did in those Breakouts was exercise the concepts that were

presented in the previous Plenary. And that was the pattern that was used during ATLAS III.

So, you know, when people learned about effective communication, listening, content management, ethical influence, coaching, structure thinking, personal presence, how to manage time, delegation, and how you do facilitate meetings. So, it was an excellent Leadership Program and you know, I haven't seen one like this for a long, long time. But its many concepts concentrated in three days. So, at least people will have a better base on what being a leader, what skills you need if you're going to be in a position of leadership.

So, there were two people from our region that were participating, that were participants, and there was in addition Jean-Pierre, I forgot the last name, from ISOC Quebec who participated in this one, too. I don't know, Adrian, you are here, Alan and David. So, Adrian and David, Adrian first and David, do you want to add to this your experience, what you experienced, your observations from your participation in ATLAS III, please?

ADRIAN SCHMIDT:

Adrian here, can you hear me there?

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Yes, we can hear you.

ADRIAN SCHMIDT:

Okay, I was trying to write something but most of what you said is correct, Eduardo. It was great, very intense days, three days. I was trying to count the hours. It was from eight a.m. until eight p.m. sometimes Well, if you count the Social so that's not fair. But sometimes we went even longer. And yeah, we went from everything from personal presentation all the way to how to manage the Board. So, there was very intense training in three days.

One of the things that I appreciated most was not only the material, that was good, but that the Coaches were all the ALAC or mostly ALAC Members. So, we had an opportunity to interact with people that we couldn't have in the past. So, we were able to form good... Get to know each other, and maybe some friendships that will last for a long time. So, they had... Each of the Coaches were all the ALAC Members which was something that, at least in my case, was very, very good.

I want to mention that the ICANN Staff was there for long hours, so I appreciate them. And finally, the translators did a great job so we could all communicate in Spanish, English, and French. So, that was an extra bonus and I think it helped because we had all the regions there. It was a great experience. I enjoyed it very much. Thank you for the opportunity.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you, Adrian. David, do you want to say something to add something to that? If you're talking, David, you are muted because we cannot hear you.

DAVID MACKEY: Hello, it's David Mackey for the record.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, now we can hear you.

DAVID MACKEY: Hello?

EDUARDO DIAZ: Hello.

DAVID MACKEY: Okay, good. Hello. So, more or less want to reiterate what Adrian was saying. It really was an excellent program from my perspective as a newcomer to ICANN. I would like to highlight the fact that we had the North American School of Internet Governance, which started just before the ATLAS III Program, and between the two programs, I certainly a much better understanding from NASIG for Internet Governance in general, and then from ATLAS III, I have a very good understanding of how ICANN operates with the MultiStakeholder environment, with the different process, as well as the specific soft skill that were being introduced for each of us as leaders in the ATLAS III Program.

And then lastly the thing that is not officially recorded, but certainly Adrian mentioned, was the networking that was going on between all the different Regional At-Large Groups, I found was absolutely thrilling

from my perspective, but I certainly think it helps build for every participant in the ATLAS III Program. It certainly helps give us a network that we can start relying on so that we can work with other people within our own Regional At-Large as well as the Global At-Large Regions. So, I would like to offer my appreciation of thanks for the people who put together ATLAS III, for the people, the Coaches, the Staff, and everyone that Adrian was talking about in terms of the translators. It really was an excellent program and I feel very lucky to have been able to participate in it. So, thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

So, thank you, David. So, that was an overall report on ATLAS III. There is a lot of information online and all the Plenaries were recorded. And they were put on the record, so if everyone wants to go back and watch some of them, especially the Plenaries where there were all these concepts that I mentioned here were presented. So, Alfredo, can you give us some report on NASIG? NASIG is the North American School of Internet Governance, and this was an event that happened two days before the start of ICANN66. Alfredo?

ALFREDO CALDERON:

Sure, Eduardo. This is Alfredo Calderon for the record. And Judith, I hope you can help me out if I miss something. Basically, we had a packed full two day event with the previous getting together of most of the speakers. And then we had approximately between 40 and 50 participants. Most of them were fully funded by us for the two days. We had a French Track that was in charge of peers from ISOC Quebec on

Friday. We had 13 Sessions made up of panelists, and we had Olivier that did a great introduction to the internet ecosystem to set the stage for the following Sessions.

As Adrian and David mentioned, which both participated in NASIG as well, they had the opportunity to interact with representatives from different sectors and organizations within the internet ecosystem. We had Andrew Sullivan, the CEO and President of ISOC. We had Board Members from ICANN. We had from the Public Sectors, Civil Society. I mean, we had representation from all the sectors so that the audience, the participants, could have a good idea of what happens within the Internet Governance Organizations and how they can better serve the different organizations that were represented.

We did a survey and so far the results have been very positive. Most of the participants, if not all, agreed that it was a great experience, even though some of them weren't first time participants in an Internet Governance School. This year, as Eduardo mentioned, we had a different approach. We had representation from all the RALOs, including North America of course because it's the North American School of Internet Governance. And we had the opportunity to exchange experiences from the different regions in terms of Internet Governance issues, which as somebody might mention later on, served as an outreach and engagement event, as well, since some ideas came out of how we, in our region, North America, can get more involved in Internet Governance issues and contribute to ICANN and other organizations represented in the group.

We had a Social Event Reception on Friday evening that served as a kickoff as well for the ICANN66 Meeting with some members from ALAC participating as well. Basically, that's what I can say right now about NASIG Montreal. And if you look at the chat I wrote down the address where you can go to the website and you can look at the videos, everything was recorded, you can look at the curated notes, and you can see the program as well. Thank you. That's all from my part.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you, Alfredo. Judith, I don't know if you want to add to that, please?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Yes, this is Judith Hellerstein for the record. Yes, thanks Alfredo, who cohead the academic and program with me. And we had very active discussions on cyber issues, on learning about domains and RARs, on gender, on connectivity issues. We ranged the gamut of a series of different Internet Governance work. One of the topics was is ICANN still relevant and talked about what ICANN's role is the new government area.

And so, we had a collection of different ICANN Board Members because they were in town for the ICANN Meeting, and so we had very good representation of the ICANN Board mixed in with some of long time speakers, as well as we had discussions with the RARs and the difference in RARs and ccNSO, and what the difference in all the different constituencies are. So, I thought it was very helpful for people

who are getting started in Internet Governance. So, that's what I thought I would add.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you so much, Judith. Thank you for that. So, in a nutshell, you got some reports for ATLAS III and NASIG. So, the next item has to do with the North American School of Internet Governance. This is a new topic. The North American, the NASIG, is not an ICANN, per say, event. But we have found that it's a great event for outreach and engagement. And I think from all the events that we go to or we prepare, this is by far an event that is effective in doing just that. Not only because people are learning from Internet Governance issues which includes ICANN and other organizations, but the fact that you have a captive audience there that for two days or three days or whatever days you are doing this, it's a great event just to invite people to engage in this organization because we grow this cause and explain how to do that.

And you meet the people that you hear about and that you will see. And then going into an ICANN Meeting, then they can see some of these issues being discussed and they can see the people that they have seen in their environment doing whatever they do in that environment. So, it's a great thing. In any case, next year, the model that we have used for the school is we move it around North America and we find people that want to lead this in their own area. So, the 2020 North American School will be led by David Loup, he also runs the IGF-USA. Judith will be there.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: It's Dustin. Dustin.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Not David?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Not David. Dustin Loup. You mean Dustin Phillips, but he got married and now he's changed his name to Dustin Loup, which is his wife's last name.

EDUARDO DIAZ: So, if someone can get in and change that to Dustin, I will really appreciate it because I was thinking about... I think I was thinking about David Mackey. Somebody can change that to Dustin, please do so. So now the conundrum here is that we learned in Montreal that ICANN's coming to Puerto Rico right after Montreal. There are two issues here and it has to do with the next issue that has to do with the 20, I said 2020 NARALO General Assembly. These two are related in the sense that first, we don't have anybody in Seattle as of this point, we're talking about a year, two years from now, that will lead this school, this event, in Seattle.

But the question is if we want to do this event in Seattle and in Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico, well, I'm here so we can coordinate that here. So, I'm just going to put it on the table just to continue this discussion and think about ideas on how we can do this. Should we do two events, one event.

And then if we go to ICANN73, we have to deal with 2022 NARALO General Assembly. So far, the direction was to do the General Assembly during the ICANN72 in Seattle, doing the AGM there, but with this new information that we got in Montreal, maybe it will be better to do it here in Puerto Rico.

So, I just wanted to get a sense of what you think about this? Should we keep it in the Seattle area or are we just going to move it to ICANN73? The first thing I'm going to ask Heidi since, Heidi, you're here on the call, will it be any problem in budgeting this for a different FY? Well, it would still be the FY 21.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, correct. This is Heidi. So, that will be Fiscal Year 21. So, that will be perfectly fine holding it then.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I'm sorry, can you repeat that, Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, there will not be any issue with holding that meeting. It's the same Fiscal Year. It's just moving it from the Autumn meeting to the Spring meeting. That's the only difference there.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. So, budget wise, should be a wash in the sense I can do it in either place, right?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Correct.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. So, the question to the people in this meeting is what are your thoughts about this? Should we have the General Assembly in Seattle or should we have it in Puerto Rico? I'm open to hear yes, no, no, yes, yes, no, no.

ALFREDO CALDERON: Eduardo, you have a couple of hands up including mine.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Oh, I'm sorry. I was looking... Okay, Judith first. I'm not sure if you were...

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, go ahead.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: It's Judith Hellerstein for the record. So, I have two thoughts on this. One is we haven't had... We will not have had a General Assembly for a while and so it would be useful because as people were saying in

Montreal we didn't have as many NARALO ALSes, for one reason or another, come. And so, I think it would be useful to have it when we have a General Assembly earlier than later. And I think we don't have to decide now on NASIG 2021 yet. We have plenty of time. We can see how things go but I think we need to wait. I would say we would have the General Assembly, not delay the General Assembly and have it sooner rather than later. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you, Judith. Alfredo.

ALFREDO CALDERON:

This is Alfredo for the record. I defer a little bit from Judith's perspective in the sense that the question that I would ask myself is where would we be able to do more outreach and engagement on one end and get more RALOs to participate if we're going to have a General Assembly? And if we tie that together with having a NASIG Event, where would it be more effective and impact the larger amounts of participants? In Seattle, which is Autumn or Fall, or in San Juan, which is basically the beginning of Spring in 2020.

So, I'm not saying which one is better, I'm just asking those questions to us so we can think about it. As she mentioned, we don't have to decide if we're going to have the General Assembly in Seattle right now or in San Juan Puerto Rico, but it's something that we should decide in the next few months so that we can start making arrangements. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you, Alfredo. Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you very much. Alan Greenberg. A couple of things. In terms of the General Assembly, there's budgeting issues and you know, some regions will have difficulty scheduling Assemblies just because of where the ICANN Meeting is. So, that has to be looked at holistically by ALAC Management and Staff in terms of the General Assembly. And one of those may well make sense for North America and then you can try to decide which one.

In terms of NASIG, you haven't had one in the Seattle area, you have had one in the San Juan, which is a plus for Seattle. The plus for San Juan is you have a volunteer, and at this point it's not clear you have one for Seattle. So, I would suspect we could defer that decision for a little while, perhaps linked to the General Assembly one or not. But clearly you want to look at what your options are in Seattle in terms of people actually doing the work. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you, Alan. Leah? Leah, you have the floor. Leah, hello? Cannot hear you. Okay. So, if Leah you are around and you want to say something, just interrupt. So, are there anyone else that wants to add to this? Julie, is that hand still up or is it an old hand? Okay, thank you. So, let's do something because we're not going to resolve this now. I just wanted to get a feeling for thoughts of, you know, that Judith provided. We don't have to decide this now but I'm going to keep this here. We're going to keep it here in the Agenda and we come back here and see

how things are going, but we don't have to decide this now. We have plenty of time to look at this.

And in any case, there will be a NASIG in 2020 Washington D.C., I believe it's going to happen, I don't know when, but it's going to happen sometime during the year. So, thank you so much for your comments. So, let's move on to the next one is the FY 20 NARALO Discretionary Funds. I'm going to let Judith go over this and Adrian, you're there to talk about you have an event set up for January so you can update us on that but let's first hear Judith.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Yes, hi. It's Judith Hellerstein for the record. So, every year we requested Discretionary Funds, which can be used for holding different events during the year. If we want to do an outreach event and we need some catering, if we want to do some other type of event and you need some other information, or if you need to travel to an event, then we can also that. It's been used in the past for helping out, like I know Eduardo and Alfredo have used it for the internet events in Puerto Rico. People have used it for travel. I used it to produce cards for promotional cards. And so, we still have... We are taking...

There's an application form that is, I think, yes, there's an application form which they can put in the chat which you can apply for these funds. And it goes to Silvia and then it's determined how much you need and whether it's an authorized use. So, you could use it for many... Other groups have used it to help. We've used it, too. Often when we travel on CROP, it only includes the hotel and the flight but not if the

conference has a registration fee, so we've used it for that. So, we've used it for different... We have 3500 hundred until the end of June.

So, just we want to, if people have projects or outreach they want to do, let us know and submit an application. And I think, I don't know if we are... I think before you submit an application I think it's also a good idea to let us in Leadership know, Eduardo and I, what you want funding for so we can work with you on that. Thanks so much. If there's any questions, I'll be happy to entertain them.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Judith, were you able to get information for the CROP?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: So, yes. So, you know, the CROP, so...

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yeah, go ahead. It's further down. Judith, the CROP thing for the outreach, okay?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Alright, yeah. I thought so but you...

EDUARDO DIAZ: I just jumped. Sorry. Talking about money. Anyhow, thank you for the information, Judith. Adrian, can you tell us about that meeting? You

have an event that you are using some Discretionary Funds, right? In January? Is that still on?

ADRIAN SCHMIDT:

Hi, it's Adrian Schmidt for the record. Yes, the event is still on. We had a little issue with the family. My wife needs to travel a little bit before because her dad is not going good. So, that delay a little bit. It was going to happen in January. Might be happening at the end of January. We are in conversation with the administration here at the University as to get a specific time of the day this event will work the best to reach the most. If we want to get more faculty and staff we might need to meet during lunchtime. If we want to reach more students, we need to do it in the evening. So scheduling is an issue, but it will be happen for sure between January or maximum February 2020.

And the idea is to have just a general event to just get to know... Nobody understands or knows about ICANN, NARALO, NASIG, and all these different acronyms and it would be good for having a central Alberta event, but we can invite some people. If this is very successful, we plan to open to some other Universities and invite others around the area to get to know what we are and what we do. I think it's going to be important. So, thank you for the opportunity.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Thank you, Adrian. So, the next item has to do with the report on policy. I don't see Jonathan, I see Marita. Marita, can you tell us from the policy that you're working on and give us an update? I believe you're doing the comments on the MultiStakeholder in ICANN, right?

MARITA MOLL:

Hi. Yes, thanks. Marita Moll for the record. Yes, the only... I was working on two policy issues. One of them was Work Track 5 which had to do with the assignment of GeoNames, so there'd be a next round of gTLDs. That, the report has gone out on that. And we're going to be probably giving some feedback on that report, but it hasn't come up yet on the schedule. And what actually happened there was that there was actually no movement at all in how the geographical names would be dealt with.

There was a hope when it was started, this particular Work Group was started, that there could be an arrangement to avoid such situations as what happened with amazon.com, which is now been awarded to amazon.org, I mean the company, Amazon, rather than the group of countries, Amazon. But it's a highly disputed controversial decision. However, the Work Group did not manage to come to a good decision about how to avoid that. So, we'll see what happens next.

As far as the MultiStakeholder System is concerned, we had a wonderful presentation from the facilitator who's working with us on the MultiStakeholder Evolution issue in Montreal, a 90 minute Session describing how he had kind of boiled 21 issues to 14 issues and then to 7 issues. And without getting into the details, one of the issues, which was the development, sort of the cultural change that's needed at ICANN in order to make our work better, more efficient, and more pleasurable for all of us, is to deal with the issue of trust and silo-ing that goes on among the various Stakeholder Groups.

And much to everyone's surprise, Brian actually allocated the job of leading that particular, the resolution of that particular issue or the attempt to resolve it, to ALAC, as he said it was actually in our DNA to try to work with people, reach out, build bridges, and get over these problems of not trusting each other. So, if nothing changes between now and when the final reports come out, we will have one heck of a big job ahead of us trying to be a leader, trying to act as a leader for all the constituencies that are involved in ICANN in getting over the hurdle of sometimes not trusting one group to, you know, just not having a lot of trust among us to do some of the work.

Yeah, and it's going to be very interesting. He has assured us that we will absolutely have all kinds of, you know, the resources that we will need and outside expert help that will be needed in order to do this kind of work. So, it's going to be interesting. I think it's going to be pretty exciting. And I think it has been a huge vote of confidence in ALAC that we can actually be handed this particular task, and it wasn't without some pushback, but he's sticking to his guns on this one. That's it from me.

EDUARDO DIAZ:

Marita, thank you for your report. I do have a question. You know, if this happens, which is going to happen, is this going to be a Working Group? Is it going to be a Working Group that is going to be created, or a Cross Working Group to work on this? That's my first question. Yeah, go ahead.

MARITA MOLL: You know what? We don't know.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay.

MARITA MOLL: It's way too early, it's way too early to see how this is going to evolve. There's, first of all, he's got to present a report based on all the new information he has. Then there's going to be a comment period in which we're all going to respond. You know how it goes, nothing goes quickly. And after that, it becomes part of the Work Plan for the next Fiscal Year. So, at that point, that's when resources and things will be put into place in order to make sure that this actually happens.

EDUARDO DIAZ: And the other question is, and I know it's too early, but do you think is that type of Working Group that would be great for new people coming to ICANN to get involved? At least, somehow, because I see, I mean we'll see how it evolves, but I see opportunities there just to understand and all the people within ICANN, and you don't have to be an oldie there to do that. I think it would be great.

MARITA MOLL: Yeah, I agree. Until, I don't know what it's going to look like, frankly. I know lots of people are going to be there and wanting to help. But I think that there are going to definitely be outside facilitators involved. So, that means, you know, we will have some experts there to help us

do this. We don't actually have the expertise in house to do it. And I'm sure there will be lots of room for people to help get involved.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, thank you, Marita. David, you have your hand up.

DAVID MACKEY: Hi, it's David Mackey for the record. Can you hear me? I just checked my mute.

EDUARDO DIAZ: We can hear you.

DAVID MACKEY: Okay. Hi Marita, I know you and I had a couple emails going back and forth on this last week. I just wanted to double check because what you're talking about is absolutely huge in terms of the amount of work and the timeframe that would likely be involved. I just wanted to maybe focus in on, can you help me understand, what is the specific next step and when do you think we might see some sort of formulation of a plan coming forward? Is that something we could expect in the next couple of months? For instance, if you could just help me understand that, that'd be great.

MARITA MOLL: Thanks, David, for the question. As I said, first of all, he's going to be presenting his report, and he said something about December. So, then

we'll have to comment on that report so that would be January. And nothing is absolutely cast in stone now, things could turn around and look very differently after the end of that if there's a huge pushback.

And so, at that point is when things, you know... After that, when he assembles all the information that he has to get together, that would be after January, then we might see actually some meat on the bones here, because it's really a very skeletal thing. And nothing is going to move that quickly, but it will have to move fairly quickly because this is part of the five-year plan, there will be resources put into place, and there will be an expectation that the work will get done.

DAVID MACKEY: Thank you.

MARITA MOLL: Have a nice quiet Christmas, and then after Christmas we can get to work.

DAVID MACKEY: Thanks, Marita.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you, Marita, for the information. That sounds very good for ALAC so let's see how that evolves. So, Alan, can you bring us up to date to the EPDP?

ALAN GREENBERG: I can.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Yes, please.

ALAN GREENBERG: We are in the process of looking at the SSAD, the potentially automated system to handle requests from third parties who want access to the confidential, to the redacted WHOIS Data. We have broken the overall tasks down into a significant number of building blocks and are doing them one by one. And we've finished some of them. For instance, we've looked at accreditation, how do you recognize people and know what they're credentials are.

We are working on things like the criteria and content of a request, purposes, user groups, retention destruction of data, receipt of acknowledgement, financial sustainability of the system, automation. There's a large number, I think there's probably, let's see... The numbers go up to N and then there's another six or seven that were added afterwards. So, we're probably in the area of 20 different building blocks and we're working through them with multiple readings, multiple reviews each time. And we've completed at this point, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 of them. So, we still have a significant way to go.

The intention is to have... The intention was to have a draft report out by early December. That's not likely to be met right now. And so, we have slipped. We have a tentative face-to-face meeting at the end of January, and again, if the report slips then that might slip also. And with

a hope that we'll have a significant amount of the work done by the March Meeting in Cancun. So, work is proceeding. It's hard and it's difficult coming to agreement, but we are slowly ticking things off. Thank you.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I do have a question, Alan. And is this effort being done as a group or was it divided in small groups?

ALAN GREENBERG: A combination. Most of the work is being done in a group. Every once in a while when we get to a point where we... You know, we're essentially trying to draft something and drafting in a group of 20 odd people is not a practical thing to do. And we will delegate a small group to draft something or analyze something and come back to the general group. But in general, everything is being done by the larger group because ultimately the whole group has to agree.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay. Thank you, Alan. Are there any questions for Alan, any comments? If not, Judith, can you give us a quick report on how the RTT is going? We cannot hear you, Judith.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: I know. It's Judith Hellerstein for the record. It took me a while to get off of mute. So, the RTT Project that we've been doing, we still have... We started off the year with the priorities of being the Consolidated Policy

Working Group and one of the ALAC that needs to be covered by the Transcription Project. We also have an additional few hours every month to be covered and the idea was we would send it out to the various RALOs to solicit other Working Groups that they want covered since we do have a few extra hours each month. We haven't done that because there was an issue of trying to get it all at the same time. We didn't want any RALO to have more chance than the other.

But if there is other groups that we want covered, we do have about two hours extra each month after covering the ALAC and the CPWG calls. So, we can cover more stuff and we do also have more hours because we don't use it during the ICANN Meetings. So, we gain more time that way. So, if people want to have other Working Groups covered, please let me know and then we have to schedule them like a week in advance with the vendor. But it is definitely possible, so do let us know.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I do have a question.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Sure.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Go ahead, go ahead.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Silvia just posted the Wiki Page in the chat box. But, yes, Eduardo?

EDUARDO DIAZ: I just wanted to know, you know, I know you ask for feedback after this Sessions, how is that feedback? What have people said about it?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Staff has not compiled it yet into a response, so I will get that. Staff has to compile it and analyze the data we've gotten from the Google docs, and compile it and do an analysis. So, maybe Heidi can answer. Heidi, when should we expect that we can get some analysis on the surveys?

HEIDI ULLRICH: So, we can look into that. I'll have to see what kind of work that requires. I don't know if we can do that in house or do we need to reach out to someone for that? But let me go ahead and look into it.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Heidi, if you recall it's the sheets are dumped into a Google doc and then someone just has to do an analysis and last time, when Yrjö was here she did that, so I think Evin or one of the other ones could easily do that and put together... I think Evin and Yeşim and Evin did something, can easily do something.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, let me look into that, Judith. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I'm just curious about it. In my personal experience, I use it a lot in the CPWG, just to keep track of all the things that they're saying, I look at it and read the whole thing, so I think it's a useful. In the CPWG I use it all the time. I know it has an error here and there, but you get the whole thing and it's great.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yeah, thanks Eduardo. We did have a little... We had to change, we did change the survey a little upon feedback. Mostly that give the ability to check additional bullets or to reformulate some of the questions because some of them didn't allow to you check more than one box. But I think, from what I understand, Evin had fixed that. But we'll have to see. I haven't seen the results of the survey.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, Judith...

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Sorry for interrupting. This is Claudia. Judith and Eduardo, Silvia did post a link where the surveys are published, and yeah, there was a change made, there was an edit after some feedback we received and the changes were done, Judith.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Great.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, Judith, why don't we move to the next items since you're for the CROP.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: The CROP.

EDUARDO DIAZ: I'm sorry, and David, if you have something to report on the outreach meeting, I don't know if there was one in Montreal, but Judith, go ahead.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Okay. So, it's Judith Hellerstein for the record. So, every year we have the CROP as our major outreach program. It's Community Outreach. So, according to the Strategic Plan that we had done, we selected three trips for... We're allowed three CROP trips and we selected three trips. One is our ARIN Meeting, because we have an MRU with ARIN and we would like to, despite even though they do have sponsorships, we would like to use one of our slots because they cannot guarantee us, ARIN is unable to guarantee us a certain amount of people to attend that there would be from the RALO. And so, in order to make sure that we do have a lot connection to them, we are dedicating one of our slots to them.

We do have applications out but in looking at them, and Heidi, maybe you guys can look into this, it seems that when the application form was

created, they did not create a new application form. They used the old one and the responses that are on there are from ARIN 43 and not for this new ARIN. So, if someone can fix that so that we could generate new responses and we can publicize it, that would be great.

So, what it is is that we have Google doc where people put in their requests along with an application process on why they want to go, what kind of outreach they will do, what will be the success there, and then we have a team that looks at the applications and decides which are the best applications for each of the CROP trips. And then the one that is selected is allowed to go forward and put it on the official CROP form used by ICANN.

But I think the links on the Agenda are correct except for the ARIN one because that one, the responses there are from ARIN 43 and not ARIN 45. So, we need a totally sheet, erase all the responses. Additionally, Staff needs to be... Eduardo and myself need to be given access to the responses on the Google doc so we can evaluate them.

But that's basically what those trips are and in order to meet the deadlines that are set, they don't all have to be done by January but in order to meet the deadlines, we need at least eight weeks for the document and then several weeks for us to say we need at least ten weeks prior to the actual conference to decide. So, that's why we have a very long lead. And so that's that. All the others, there is no applications for ARIN 45. Those applications are from ARIN 43.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, Judith, I will recommend you work offline with Staff to make sure that the forms are correct.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Right.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, so we're at the top of the hour, and thank you. David, this report next time in December. I don't know if there are meetings happening from now until December 9th. And the NomCom Updates, you can read them from off the Agenda, that's in the report that Glenn sent. The important thing there is there are two positions open for North American for the Board and one position for ALAC.

And I believe the position from ALAC is, I believe one of them is for the North American, I think Javier Rua is the one that is leaving next year. So, that's the important thing from Glenn's report. So, with that in my mind, if there are no comments or questions, I suggest we adjourn this meeting. And to all the people that celebrate Thanksgiving, happy Thanksgiving next week. So, see you later.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: And see people at the IGF if they are going to be there.

EDUARDO DIAZ: When is that? Okay, that's next week, too, right?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Okay, so have a good night, or good afternoon, or good evening. Bye.
Thank you.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thank you, bye-bye.

DAVID MACKEY: Thank you, bye.

MARITA MOLL: Bye all.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Thank you all for joining the call. This meeting is now adjourned. Enjoy
the rest of your day. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thanks everyone.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]