
CLAUDIA RUIZ: Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome to the ICANN66 Planning Committee Call on Tuesday the 1st of October, 2019 at 19:00 UTC. On the call today we have Maureen Hilyard, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Olivier Crepin-Leblond, John Laprise, and Jonathan Zuck. From staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Gisella Gruber, and myself, Claudia Ruiz, on call management. And we have a tentative apology from Daniel Nanghaka. Before we begin, I would like to remind everyone to please state their name before speaking for the transcription purposes. Thank you, and with this, I would like to hand it over to you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Claudia. Okay, I notice that Heidi has arrived, so we're all set to go. I've got to leave in half an hour, so I hope I'm not as tardy as I was in my last meeting and that we can get through as much as possible. The priority will, of course, be filling in the gaps in our program, just so that Gisella has got enough information on that, and I think some of the other items that come up with regards to policy updates and that kind of stuff, really, will be part and parcel of that filling the spaces. So, were there any action items that we need to get through? Ooh, quite a few. Gisella was going to add Xavier and Rua, is that right?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Am I on the right page?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Claudia, could we have those on the screen? Claudia, could we have those action items on the page, on the screen please?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Great.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you very much. Maureen, if you're speaking, you're on mute.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Right. Yes, yes, yes. Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: There you are.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I think I'm right. Okay, to add Xavier and Jonathan to the line up the discussion on Sub Pro, really? Would that have been on Work Track 5? Was there a session that was going to be done on Work Track 5? Was that discussed? Jonathan? Anyone? Gisella, do we have a Work Track 5 session down in our schedule? When did this come up?

JONATHAN ZUCK: This is Jonathan, and I missed the last planning committee call, so I guess I don't know what this action item is.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. Jonathan and Maureen, we have noting that there's a Sub Pro issue on Saturday mid-morning with Justine and Jonathan and Cyrus, and it's the continuation of next steps, including the logistical planning. So, I think that was just to highlight whether that time, would be 45 minutes, would be enough for that. And also that Xavier is the ALAC co-chair on the Work Track 5.

MAUREEN HILYARD: So, are you saying that Xavier may have someone put into the Sub Pro session? Jonathan, I think we may need to, I guess, hear from you later on about the Sub Pro session, so we'll get back to that one. The next one's Heidi to follow up with finance on how much time they need to present the, oh yeah, for their session. I guess that's been incorporated into plan already?

HEIDI ULLRICH: No, that's something I need to follow up with. Apologies for that. There's been internal focus on fiscal year 21 budget items, so I'll do that this week, thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Heidi and Gisella to invite Leon to the session on board prep on Sunday. Has it been confirmed if he's available?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Who? Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER: Heidi, Heidi? Sorry, I'm on mute.

HEIDI ULLRICH: No, you're not, there you go.

MAUREEN HILYARD: No, you're not. Everyone hears you.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry about that. Just to point out that the, sorry, hang on. The board schedule will be finalized on the 14th of October, so we're not quite sure what the board is doing over the weekend, so that is Leon. But what I'll do is just send him a calendar invitation that he's already got it tentatively in his schedule. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sounds good. Okay, right. So, me, Gisella, Heidi, we're going to work on the Thursday, wrap-up the sessions, the At-Large and ATLAS III, I assume, wrap-up sessions. So, that's still a work in progress because we haven't done that, I know that for sure. And then, we were going to,

Gisella and I were going to add 10 minutes to Sandra. Have we incorporated that into, we've got a lunch time thing, haven't we? Lunch time meeting?

HEIDI ULLRICH: The academy itself.

GISELLA GRUBER: Maureen, this is Gisella. The academy itself is on Wednesday at lunch time, but is that, do we take this one off then? Or? Because that's not necessarily through the ALAC, so do we need to still find 10 minutes for her over the weekend, or do we just steer everyone towards the Wednesday session?

MAUREEN HILYARD: What was that 10-minute session for? Was it just to discuss what was going to happen at the Wednesday session?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen, this is Heidi. No, that was basically just to give everyone a heads-up about the academy leadership program, which I believe is going to open its application period for the Cancun meeting. And then, also the latest on the sharing skills program. I think there's a little bit of time on Sunday mid-morning, I thought there's a little bit of time that we had set aside for [inaudible]. So, we could either reduce his time or have that moved to Cancun, even though I don't think he's going to be in Cancun, but we could squeeze her in there perhaps.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I'm sure we'll find 10 minutes somewhere.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Or, just another thought, maybe the At-Large wrap-up, just as a closing segment for all incoming leaders, they might wish to consider the academy at that point on Thursday.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, okay, we'll find something. Right, okay, that's done. Jonathan and Joanna to send details of Saturday morning policy session, blah, blah, that's going to be discussed shortly anyway. So, we'll delay that until the end of this meeting. Okay. Next? Can I have the agenda back up again, please?

Cool. Right, so this is last week's agenda but it doesn't matter. There are things that we didn't get done. Okay, let's go through the actual At-Large Wikispace [inaudible]. I know John said he's got 30 minutes, so we need to make sure that if he's involved in the session, that it's actually in there, so I'll leave that to you, Gisella.

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay, so let's look through the weekend days, bear with me for a second. Saturday looks -- the morning we've got the first session is the welcome, the At-Large talking points, and the At-Large policy platform. Jonathan, I'm not sure you've seen this, but we've put a 45-minute slot

on Saturday morning for the At-Large policy platform. Then moving on -
-

JONATHAN ZUCK: Thanks. I guess I hadn't seen it, but, okay. Thank you.

GISELLA GRUBER: All calendar invitations will be set up, we're still actually working on the agenda, we're still finalizing. The second morning session is the policy issues, Sub Pro, finance FY 21, board, and CEO. So, we've got the Sub Pro, Justine and Jonathan, Yang and Cyrus, that is the 45-minute session. We've then got finance with Becky and Xavier. We've kept that, we've brought that down to 20 minutes. The FY 21 and ABRs, and then subject to Goran, Cherine, and Leon's availability, a 25-minute session with them. As I mentioned earlier on, the board schedule is not available until the 14th of October, so we would like to keep some flexibility on having them over the weekend, so we may need to move a few things around, Maureen and Heidi, correct?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes.

GISELLA GRUBER: Perfect.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes. That's fine.

GISELLA GRUBER: Then we've got -- thank you, perfect.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I highly doubt you're going to get all three of those, and don't know that you'll even get one.

GISELLA GRUBER: That means we've got 25 minutes to kill there.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Well, I think that we're going to need more than 20 minutes for finance, definitely.

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: And again, I highly doubt we're going to get those three people there on Saturday or Sunday. They have [inaudible] workshops all weekend, so [CROSSTALK].

GISELLA GRUBER: 25 minutes for finance then?

HEIDI ULLRICH: I'd say 30 minutes minimum, and then we might have a little bit of time --

MAUREEN HILYARD: 10 minutes for Sandra in there?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Good point, yeah, absolutely.

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay. So, let me just make finance into 30 minutes and I will put Sandra here.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, that's good. Okay.

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay, just let me remove this, 19:45, there we go. Then we've got the lunch break at the same time. You'll see on the Wikipages that in green you've got the GNSO sessions that we have put up here, because this obviously affects some of our people. In the afternoon, the first afternoon session is At-Large regional leaders meeting and we will put that the regional vice presidents are to be invited, the RVPs. Yes?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sorry to interrupt, but when is Glenn's sessions that he has his organized with that person who's going to talk about the GDPR issues?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, what's his name?

MAUREEN HILYARD: That's not -- he's not --

GISELLA GRUBER: Plumb.

MAUREEN HILYARD: -- part of the meeting.

GISELLA GRUBER: He's doing it with Plumb on Saturday morning somewhere else.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, he's doing it somewhere else.

GISELLA GRUBER: Would you like me to put it on there?

MAUREEN HILYARD: No, we haven't got space, we really haven't got time to spare.

GISELLA GRUBER: No, no. Would you like me to put it on the program so the people are aware that Glenn's got this session running parallel? On our Wikipage.

MAUREEN HILYARD: It's in another building. No.

GISELLA GRUBER: No. Okay we're not going to advertise it. There we go.

MAUREEN HILYARD: We want them to be at our meetings.

GISELLA GRUBER: Exactly, I know, but yes. We've always had meetings on Saturday morning. So, we've got the At-Large regional leaders meeting for 90 minutes, we then follow with At-Large outreach and engagement subcommittee with GAC and government engagement. I'm not quite

sure -- Samad has confirmed the afternoon slot, so we've got the updates on IGF, IGF etcetera; you can see the agenda there. Then we've got AoC feedback on the ITI communications project for 20 minutes and Samad coming in as well for a universal acceptance update.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes.

GISELLA GRUBER: Is that okay with everyone?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, Gisella?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, I had to ask Daniel if he wouldn't mind doing most of his administrative stuff at the meeting that he's going to have this month and if there's anything urgent that he can bring that up. But I just needed to find some extra time, like for example, the ITI communications, we have to have it before the communications session, which follows. So, that was sort of, like, important. But I also thought that the UA update would also be important for the following session as well, so that's why they're there.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Maureen, Cheryl here. Just tell Daniel don't have outreach and engagement for the sake of having outreach and engagement; just tell

him what time he's got and tell him to shoehorn what needs to be in and I'll be in that call as well. And that's the call that's annoying me beyond belief. Bear with me people.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. I figured, that's basically what I've said and I know there's IGF prep and there's the, maybe a little introduction to the new co-chairs, as well as Siranush's involvement in that session. So, I've given them 45 minutes, I hope that that's enough. Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: This is Heidi.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, Heidi.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: This is Daniel for the record.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Go ahead Daniel.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Of course, Daniel; Daniel, hello.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: I have the list, I know I have 45 minutes and I'm working on the respective agenda for the 45 minutes. And obviously [inaudible] in case all goes well, we shall be having the co-chairs, which I'll introduce during that meeting because they'll have to set that kind of operations. And then, also, we've got other items to the agenda to have a discussion together with the co-chairs and the staff who are guiding me critically on how the 45 minutes can be effectively utilized. And I think it's going to be a greater meeting; short, brief, precise, I'm good. Thank you very much.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thanks Dan, thanks for that.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Back to you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, a couple of points, I believe that the intent is to have Sally Newell Cohen provide and ITI, the actual new name is ITP, during that joint session. So, I wonder if that should be moved down there? And then, also on the -- unless you want someone --

MAUREEN HILYARD: I'm not sure.

HEIDI ULLRICH: See, the idea is that, because a lot of that communication issue and capacity building, ITP is going to be impacting that. So, you know, you can have someone call in or I think the person who's presenting it might be Jana from Coms, so we can reach out to the two Sally's and see if that would be okay.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: So let me go ahead and do that. And the second thing is for the ICANN fellows mentored roles. Daniel, if it might be useful, and I don't know if we're doing it at all, is to talk a little about mentoring in general, coaching in general. Is that going to be done there or is that going to be done during ATLAS discussions?

DANIEL NANGHAKA: This is...

HEIDI ULLRICH: When might that happen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Mentoring probably coming in post-ATLAS stuff.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, okay. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, because I don't want to confuse it with the fellows mentoring that Cheryl will be involved in. They'd get a general idea of mentoring if they were at that session. But I'm not quite sure, as far as the ATLAS people are concerned, who's going to be available for that session.

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay. Anything else?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, I think that the communications session, that last one, is still a work in progress and I think that if we need to have the ITC group there, I guess it was, I'm assuming it would be the same people, although, there's going to be fellows and other people at that one that we were talking about before, the session prior to this communications session.

So, I think as part of, specifically, dealing with our communication issues, that their involvement would be -- but I think in the outreach

and engagement, a more generic sort of like thing, like what they're doing overall. Because, you know, this is all to do with, how do we get the messages out to our members in that whole palatable format and what ICANN org and its various components are doing to support the work that we're actually to do with policy communications as well. So, like, what IT whatever is going to be doing that's actually going to help us with that is what I would like involved in the last session.

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay.

MAUREEN HILYARD: But, work in progress, let's not spend too much time on that one. Let's go to Sunday. [AUDIO BREAK]

Heidi, is your hand up for another reason? Okay, right. Well, I'm going to jump in here because Gisella isn't. There was a request from Roberto Gaetano to talk about individual members, and I think it's related to the fact that there are individual members who are, sort of, registering with RALO that's not their own because they're in a different region for a particular amount of time, in most instances. And he just wanted some clarification on that. I was just looking at the time, and I know that the timeframes that I slotted in there was just the time that was actually left.

But we could probably slot Sandra in there easily, it just depends on how much discussion, that's 45 minutes, which I don't think Roberto will need. But, the other sessions, number three, the feedback on the

ICANN legitimacy study, many of us who were in Kobe were interviewed as part of that study. We were asked, so, I guess it's like an official study, but they have offered to provide us with some feedback. So, I thought that was appropriate. Any comments?

JOHN LAPRISE: Maureen, this is John Laprise. I guess --

MAUREEN HILYARD: John.

JOHN LAPRISE: -- the point of Roberto's intervention, can we just make that a listed action item for AOB for the meeting? Because it seems relatively short -
-

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, yes, yes.

JOHN LAPRISE: -- and that seems like an appropriate place so we don't block off 45 minutes for the discussion.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, yes, okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Alrighty.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sorry.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: On that point, I wonder if that session is AOB, also, but I don't know if Cheryl and Alan would be ready for this, but maybe just an intro or a heads-up about the ALS criteria and expectations as part of the At-Large [inaudible] implementation? Because there isn't anything on the implementation as of now, so we could slot that, make it our overall umbrella issue too. And by the way, this is what we're doing. Should we go ahead and do that?

MAUREEN HILYARD: That sounds good. Yeah, I like it. Great.

GISELLA GRUBER: Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Ah, okay.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Go ahead Gisella.

GISELLA GRUBER: So we're keeping with -- thank you, Maureen. I was suddenly wondering why you weren't hearing me. So, we're keeping the 30-minute session with Yang and then the 45-minute session, and Heidi is taking notes on that one, where we'll be slotting in Roberto, correct?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, as part of the introduction, we'll probably, if possible, if Cheryl and Alan can introduce item to the alias criteria discussion and that will go, you know, alias and individual members criteria, and that will actually select, blend in with Roberto's clarification that he wants.

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Give me just another speaker.

GISELLA GRUBER: I got another item on the agenda. Yes, thank you. That's 45 minutes.

MAUREEN HILYARD: In total, yes.

GISELLA GRUBER: 45 minutes, perfect. I've been going down on the agenda, we've got the lunch session which is a 60-minute session on the ATRT3 and the Nom Com leadership. And that first afternoon slot is a policy slot, so I'll leave that over to Joanna and to Jonathan. I did mention that in the email that I sent out last week and earlier this, and a reminder yesterday, I believe. Or today. Would you like to say anything on that or just leave it up to Jonathan to get back to us? I need to finalize session titles by... they need to be in the system by next Monday.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Happy to leave that to Jonathan. Jonathan, any heads up on that, is that the DNS one that you were proposing earlier?

JONATHAN ZUCK: Yeah, I guess I was saying it might make sense to do a session on DNS abuse, because it's coming up in so many different discussions. You know, the efforts from the board, and the CCP recommendations, etc. I'll address it so I can probably get Drew Bagley to come and talk to the group, and, you know, a little bit about the types of DNS abuse that we saw and things like that. That feels like the right topic for a policy session.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sounds good. And the GAC are very -- the discussions that we had with them that was also of interest.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Yeah, it's probably the areas greatest overlap in our interests.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Awesome. Thank you. Next. Oh. Next --

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry Maureen, I missed the second morning slot which I have is EPDP Phase 2. 10:30 to 12. My mistake.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh right, yes, yes, yes. Okay.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Big one.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, of course. It was a different color, so I just thought it was one of those session that, you know, were happening around us, but it involves us, so, how is that being run? How has that been coordinated? Who is coordinate here? Is that Alan and Xavier, have they got...?

GISELLA GRUBER: There's no conflicting session at that time Maureen, put it that way. So, I'm happy to... myself or Heidi, or whoever, to send them a calendar invitation and definitely put them down there.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, please, that would be good. So, the start of discussion would be about what might be involved in, probably Jonathan will be, have a little pow-wow with them as well. Does that sound okay? Heidi, your hand is up again?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, sorry, sorry, I've just come from some meetings in Washington where I heard some fantastic updates from across ICANN. One of the really important sessions in my view, was the review of the strategic plan. And Maureen, you're going to get that on Friday, in the SO/AC chairs meeting, but I'm just wondering if you would think it would be useful to have just maybe 15 minutes or 20 minutes or so, to go over that strategic plan, it's really going to, you know, for the next 5 years, and it's really just to go over particularly the areas that are going to impact At-Large. And you know, that would be -- it just links beautifully with ATLAS and with Issue 2. So, I don't know, Jonathan, if you need that, maybe we can just use 15 minutes of that session, that policy slot session, just to go over the strategic plan.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Sure, I mean, if we think whoever was presenting that could do that in that amount of time.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I could reach out to them and see what they, just an absolute brief update and just focus on where, what's really most relevant for At-Large.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Could it not be, sort of like, slotted, included into a working lunch? We're getting an update for ATRT3 and would that -- oh no, that's only an hour. No, no, no, no, forget it, I just realized it's only an hour. Yes, if we can find a slot there, that would be good. If we can grab a bit of Jonathan's time from the policy thing and if we can make sure that it's constrained within 15, 20 minutes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, let me reach out to Natalie and see if she can do that. Okay Thank you very much.

MAUREEN HILYARD: That'd be great. Okay. Next.

GISELLA GRUBER: Perfect. Thank you for that. We then have the second afternoon slot, introduction to ccNSO and preparation for ATLAS III, first 45 minutes will be a ccNSO update, the second 45 minutes will be ATLAS III prep session

with David Culp. Alan will need to be at this first prep session as the second session overlaps with the EPDP team prep for the plan of plenary.

So, we then, the last session of the day is the continuation of the ATLAS III prep with David Culp. That provides 45 minutes slot before the transition break and then a 45 minute slot after the transition break, giving us a bit of leeway and then having the GNSO update with Keith Drazek 17:45 to 18:30 to end the day. And then we head over to the Double Tree for the ATLAS III welcome reception at 19:00, and that's Sunday.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sure.

GISELLA GRUBER: And then...

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay.

GISELLA GRUBER: Let me just check, are there any hands? No. Okay, then, I think we can just run through the rest of the week, mainly being the ATLAS III sessions, we've got the welcome ceremony, our first -- yes, in blue are the main sessions again in green are the GNSO sessions. So we've got the first plenary the second morning session after the welcome

ceremony on the EPDP Phase 2. Afternoon, public forum one and then we've got our first ATLAS III plenary running from 15:15 to 16:45, followed by our first set of break-out sessions. At the same time that afternoon, we've concerned the time for the joint At-Large and NCUC outreach session will be running from 17 to 18:30. And we have the gala on that evening. I don't think I've missed anything there, again just checking hands, none.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Can I stop --

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry. Yes?

MAUREEN HILYARD: I just want to know, so what is going to be EPDP Phase 1 and we're going to have another 90 minutes on Phase 2? On Monday? What is the EPDP session on Sunday? Going to be mainly? Is that...?

GISELLA GRUBER: I don't know the EPDP Phase 2 session on Monday is the plenary, so I'm not sure what we're discussing on Sunday, I leave that to Jonathan.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Okay, that's a plenary anyway. Yep, yep, yep. That's fine.

GISELLA GRUBER: It's a plenary, yes.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, but it's just that, the discussion that they have will hopefully clarify what's going to be covered in that. Yes, thank you, sorry.

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, that's Alan and Heidi, sorry not you Jonathan. EPDP 2 on Sunday, Alan and Heidi. That's all for Monday. Tuesday we have ATLAS III plenary, followed by the break-out session. And we then have the ATLAS III ISOC sponsored lunch by invitation only, and that will not be in the ALAC room, so we'll make our way over there. And then we still have a 30-minute transition break, but it's just allows for people to linger on after lunch and talk to ISOC people and also to make sure that we're on time for that ALAC and GAC meeting starting at 14:15 there. And after that, we have the joint ICANN board and GAC meeting, I think in blue, as it's not the ALAC meeting. And the last session of the day is ATLAS III break-out session. That's all for Tuesday. And evening events on...

MAUREEN HILYARD: Are we going to put the topic for the lunch?

GISELLA GRUBER: It will either be here or it will be in the invitation.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well...

GISELLA GRUBER: I don't know if you want to send it out in email or -- this is by invitation only, so --

MAUREEN HILYARD: True, true.

GISELLA GRUBER: -- people will be getting these as you wish.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, okay. I think it might be...

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes?

MAUREEN HILYARD: I'd just like to sort of see that there is going to be some indication that it's not just a lunch, it's actually a discussion. Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, just on that point, Maureen, perhaps we could say working lunch.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: On that. And the second thing, have we received the guests that they are inviting, and particularly whether Andrew's going to be there? Who from ISOC is going to be there? And do [CROSSTALK]. Once we find out and we do have these senior people, do you want to have a seating, a head table in a way, doesn't need to be a table up front, but a table that is set aside for their senior people and At-Large senior people? Or, do you want this to be completely open seating, etcetera? It might be sort of important to have Maureen up there on that table, etcetera.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I guess it depends on how the room is going to be set up anyway. Usually it's got those round tables, normally one in the front that is actually kept for speakers and that kind of stuff, so, and guests. But we'll look at the setup and see how it's done, yeah. And then, work it from there.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, I'll just make that an action item, just to note that and to work with ISOC on that.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Great. Okay, so that's it?

GISELLA GRUBER: And I haven't added the Canada night to anything on Tuesday, because that again is by invitation only, I haven't seen anything actually being circulated on that yet. So, I'll add social events that we'd like you to be invited to as and when we're aware of them. Wednesday we'll start again with ATLAS III plenary. We've got an ICANN66 preview, which is DNS abuse.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Gisella, I'm sorry...

GISELLA GRUBER: Do you want me to go back to Tuesday?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sorry, yesterday on the social media call, John would like to have one of his morning events on Tuesday morning for anybody interested in joining the social media working group. And this would be extended to the ATLAS III participants, so the name of those events escapes me at this point, but it's a tweet-out, that's what it is, the At-Large social media tweet-out, I believe, so if you could just note that as the breakfast session.

GISELLA GRUBER: I'm sorry, I mean breakfast. Social media breakfast, yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, called a social media tweet-out.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Tweet-up.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Tweet-up, something like that, okay. Thank you.

GISELLA GRUBER: You sent me a note, social media tweet-up breakfast, John Laprise, time to be confirmed. Yes, I told him that as soon as I was given the information, I would add it onto our program, which I have and I'm just busy saving, and, I'll update it. Okay, going back to Wednesday, the second morning slot is the DNS abuse plenary session. We then have the ICANN academy working group over the lunch break.

First afternoon session is an ATLAS III break-out session. At the same time, we've got the GNSO council meeting. The afternoon, Maureen you'll be at the CCWG auction proceeds, maybe for half an hour. We then have the join ALAC and board meeting, followed by the ATLAS III plenary. And in the evening we have the ATLAS III networking event, which actually starts at 18:45. Any questions on Wednesday?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, there is going to be a community recognition program right prior to the ATLAS III networking event. So actually, I don't think that's an open session this time.

MAUREEN HILYARD: It's not.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I think that's going to be networking with the board, so we don't want to put that there. But, just want to highlight why we need to move the ATLAS III networking event to a slightly later time.

MAUREEN HILYARD: What session was that?

HEIDI ULLRICH: It's not a session, it's an event. It's the community recognition. They're going to change it and it's going to be, those being honored, departing leaders, will be a meeting with the board on Wednesday evening. And that requires that networking event to start slightly later, just to allow those people to come at the start.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Right.

GISELLA GRUBER: Heidi, just for your information, the community recognition reception can't be on the internal schedule, it's in green, which means it's an open session. But I somehow doubt it will be an open session.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I think you're right.

GISELLA GRUBER: It will be invitation only.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I think so.

GISELLA GRUBER: I prefer not to put it on our Wikipage because I'd hate for every Tom, Dick, and Harry to try and go there for a free drink when we're just trying for community members to be recognized; A and B, they should be at ATLAS net, well not every Tom, Dick, and Harry, but our people should be down at this working event. There we go, so that's Wednesday tied up. And then we have Thursday, ICANN board AGM, the third plenary session, which is The Evolution of ICANN's Multistakeholder Model. At lunch we have the ICANN67 kick-off meeting by invitation only.

At the same time, we have the ATLAS III wrap-up session part 1, I believe where we'll be handing out the certificates. And then, we have part 2 of the ATLAS III wrap-up, which is the first hour into the afternoon session and the second hour is the At-Large leadership wrap-up session, noting that we will be going through the coffee breaks, so people, depending on how far the coffee break is from our room and I'll know that shortly because I know we have received the venue map, so that was literally just before this call, so I'll have a look at that. And then we have the At-Large leadership session, which is our last session of the meeting, proposed ATLAS III activities and RALO forward planning

session; that does overlap with Q&A with ICANN organization executive team, we didn't have much choice, just because of the sheer lack of available slots. Public forum wrap-up 2 and then we go into the ICANN wrap up cocktail. And what's not on here, again, is the At-Large development session which starts at 19:30. And that's it. So, the agendas for Thursday is Maureen, Heidi and myself, it is in AI. As I've said, if by Monday, if we're just happy with the titles, we're nearly there.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Heidi, your hand is up again.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. Gisella, just confirming that we have noted when and where we're going to invite Goran, Leon, David, Maarten, Cherine, etc. Because I see that those names are not on the Thursday. And I know that we are intending to invite several of them throughout the day, to those events. It must be on the past action items. So I just wanted to make sure that it's on your radar.

MAUREEN HILYARD: For the welcome and the closing, yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: The welcome and all of that, yes.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, we had all the names of the people we needed to invite.

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, I know that they're on the action item list somewhere. Maybe I'll just migrate the action items to one page, like we did for ICANN66, which is really useful.

HEIDI ULLRICH: It is, yes.

GISELLA GRUBER: It's so much easier having them on one page.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, I agree. Okay, so are we done? For the two?

GISELLA GRUBER: For the daily agendas, yes.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Great, thank you. Now, Jonathan's already mentioned that the DNS abuse is going to be incorporated into that policy. So he'll get back to you after he's spoken with Joanna. Any other comments on that, Jonathan? Is he still with us? Because I know that he said his internet was funny.

JONATHAN ZUCK: I think I'm back now. No. I don't think so. I'll be trying to get a couple of guest speakers to come and talk about DNS abuse for that session.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Cool. Number five: talking points and the At-Large policy platform. Are you going to try and see about getting to all the RALO meetings before Montreal to discuss the policy platform?

JONATHAN ZUCK: What was the question?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Just about the talking points and the At-Large policy platform which we've got first off on the Saturday. Before Montreal, are you planning to visit all the RALO meetings to discuss the policy platform?

JONATHAN ZUCK: I believe so, yes.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Alrighty.

JONATHAN ZUCK: So I'm going to think that's the idea is that either I or Joanna will make presentations to all of them before ATLAS. I guess I have a question as to whether or not talking points are as important for this particular meeting, because people will be in ATLAS rather than out in the regular

ICANN meeting. I'm wondering where they would use them. Is there much of a regular meeting that people at ATLAS will be able to attend?

MAUREEN HILYARD: For me personally, I think that they -- especially if there're talking points on the plenaries that are going to be at the meeting at which we're expecting them to attend. But the talking points are sort of like a good summary of what it is that -- the sorts of issues that they might come up. It just gives them a little bit of understanding. Yup. If that's okay.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Okay. All right. Sure.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you. Okay, then moving on to number six. We've got the updates of At-Large review and related post date ATLAS activities. We've already just discussed that. What we're going to include into the module program. Post ATLAS activities is a work in progress. We need to be looking at what we need to do. And it's going [AUDIO BREAK] of the area work.

In the past, when we've done the At-Large review activities, it's just been a small group of people who have actually participated. So I'd like to see that we will actually have a more active group. Again, when we start back on those -- finalizing those review items that we've still got to do, plus anything that's a follow up to ATLAS and Montreal. So, work in progress there. Are there any questions on that anyway, just before we move on?

Okay. Seven is communication issues, and for me personally, this is the biggie. This is the one that I think this is our chance to speak to Sally Costerton and Sally from [inaudible]. And now the ITC team, looking at how we can work together on ensuring that we're getting appropriate communication strategy, which we're still working on. We're getting cooperation from ICANN Org's various components into the work that we want to do.

And I think that that also includes the work that is currently being done by people like Jonathan and myself, Glenn who works on eBooks. All those sorts of things that we're doing have to compliment each other. They have to be relevant to what it is that will be information that we're giving out for our members.

And I think that -- I'd like a little bit more coordination so that we're not all doing the same thing or that we're not reinventing the wheel or whatever, but that we actually have a talk about what it is that we want to achieve and how can we do it more effectively by working together. So that's why that session on said afternoon is really, really important, I think, to the work that we want to do continuing on with the review activities and things that we want to achieve from ATLAS as well. Any comments, questions? Okay. Right.

Number eight, we've done. That's already organized in our program.

Number nine, I think that we are organized for that -- what we can fit in to the program anyway. And we've still got to work on our questions for the Board and GAC meetings. So that's still to be done. I better put that down as an action item because we've really got to get started on

those ones. I see a Wiki space has been set up. I think we've had one question that someone's actually provided, or a couple. So we need to focus on getting those questions out. Have we had the Broad question yet? Has the Board provided us with a question yet, Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: No, not yet.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Alrighty. So, then we go into the development session. I think it's going to be a pretty fluid session. I think that if we have David's involvement, that's going to be really helpful. Although it's sort of like -- is a development session, I see it also being that little bit of a networking, even amongst ourselves as a team. And so, I'll probably work with Joanna and Jonathan and the leadership team. Just see how -- the new leadership team -- about what we might incorporate into that as well. So, are there any questions or queries on anything that we've --

GISELLA GRUBER: Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes.

GISELLA GRUBER: Heidi, I mean.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, Gisella -- she's pointed out that I have indeed missed an email. So there is now a Bard question, and it has to do with the strategic plan. That's the [inaudible] Board and ICANN. It's a very long question.

GISELLA GRUBER: Heidi, just before you read it, Maureen forwarded it to the ALAC list on that day of the 23rd of September, requesting feedback. So I'm not sure if there has been any. I see from Barrack and from Marita there has been a little bit of feedback. So yes, it was sent out. Sorry. Over to you, Heidi.

MAUREEN HILYARD: When they sent out the plan initially, yes. But that was ages ago. So that's the [inaudible] question, is it?

HEIDI ULLRICH: That was a Monday, right? I missed that last week. Gisella, thank you for pointing that out. I will add that to the Board question or the questions page, and I will see if I can monitor any input into that. Thank you very much.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Right. And I think that now it gives more importance -- that is the board question -- they're actually wanting some feedback. So I think it's really important that we get the guys to make an effort to put a comment in.

One of the things that I was thinking about -- just to slot something in that's completely outside of this -- was how we broke up into the finance committee and had a discussion. And I wanted them to offer some feedback on the operating and financial plan which we'd taken away from the CPWG, of course. And I got no comments.

We'd actually had the finance team come to talk to us and everything, and like I said, smaller group and supposed to be focusing on financial issues. There were no comments at all on the plan from that particular group. So, I need to rethink that and look at how we might make that work better, because it didn't work. Okay. Sorry. That was just an aside. Something to -- while Jonathan was here in his hearing. Is there anything else?

Next steps. We've got a few action items. What are the urgent ones that we've got to do, Heidi? Gisella? Oh, Gisella's got her hand up.

GISELLA GRUBER: No, no, no. Sorry.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Who's got the action items?

HEIDI ULLRICH: I put the link awhile ago into the chat. I will put the actual action items. Here they are. Now, these are the ones from this meeting, so I have to go back and look. But because Gisella's handling it, I think that -- you would think we are on top of things here. So, I'm going to talk a little bit

to Sally Newell Cohen and Sally Costerton about the ITP timing, if that is okay to go into a session immediately prior to -- It probably is a good idea. It gives more time for the interactive part.

Then Gisella to change Sunday morning session to At-Large review implementation, issue two, and then divide it into two sections on individual's ALS criteria and expectations. And then a second section on individuals. Then I'm to reach out to Natalie to present the strategic plan, fiscal year 2125. So the deadline is 14th for the for the Board questions. I wonder, Gisella, do we have to [inaudible] ALT Plus before then? But my thought is, I wonder if we should invite Natalie to a meeting prior to the summit?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, that's a good idea.

GISELLA GRUBER: Well, it will be the week of the 14th. The next ALAC meeting is the 22nd.

HEIDI ULLRICH: It's okay if we're a couple of days late, Gisella. I think it'll be -- it just might help develop the questions, frankly, or the response from ALAC. Should we go ahead and do that instead? And then request that we open up with the [CROSSTALK]

MAUREEN HILYARD: And don't forget to make the meetings at the beginning of the week, so I can come.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. Very good. Okay. So Gisella, can you then give Jonathan his entire slot back -- that policy slot? And I'm just going to note that we're going to reach out to Natalie pre-presentation of strategic plan on the next ALT call.

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes. The 22nd of October at 08:00, which is a Tuesday.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Oh wait, is that the [CROSSTALK]

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I'll be either flying or in Singapore. I'm either in Singapore or flying.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Gisella, could we make it a little earlier?

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry.

HEIDI ULLRICH: When is the next ALT?

GISELLA GRUBER: Singapore. The Next ALT is on Tuesday the 22nd of October at 08:00 UTC.

HEIDI ULLRICH: So the next question [CROSSTALK]

GISELLA GRUBER: So that's 4:00 pm Singapore time. I don't know where everyone's going to be.

HEIDI ULLRICH: No. That's going to be a little bit too late for the Board. That will be too late, if the deadline's the 14th. So then --

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, but we're going to have the ALT. You said to invite Matthew to ALT. This is the ALAC call.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Ah. When is the ALT Plus call?

GISELLA GRUBER: The ALT Plus doodle will be going out shortly for Tuesday, today, for next week -- sorry, for the week of the 14th. And as Maureen said, it needs to be earlier on in the week. So it needs to be Monday the 14th

for Tuesday the 15th. Correct? Monday the 14th, I think, is giving
[CROSSTALK]

MAUREEN HILYARD: Mondays, yes.

GISELLA GRUBER: For many people will be in [inaudible]. Monday or Tuesday? Tuesday,
yes?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Actually, the 15th I'm travelling.

GISELLA GRUBER: So, Monday the 14th?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, 14th. And also, I'm traveling on the 23rd or 22nd to 23rd, so like a
time zone. So it has to be the 21st.

GISELLA GRUBER: So, the ALAC meeting then needs to be brought forward to Monday the
21st?

MAUREEN HILYARD: As long as it's a Monday, because I'm not traveling on Mondays.

GISELLA GRUBER: Where are you going to be on the 21st?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Any Monday. 14th, 21st, 28th.

GISELLA GRUBER: Where are you going to be?

MAUREEN HILYARD: I'm going to be back [inaudible] from -- I arrive there on the 22nd but I
leave New Zealand on the 23rd.

GISELLA GRUBER: So you arrive back in [inaudible] on the 22nd. Okay. [CROSSTALK]

GISELLA GRUBER: So the ALAC meeting needs to be the -- no. The ALAC call is Monday the
22nd at 08:00 UTC.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay.

GISELLA GRUBER: So that would be -- yes, but that's --

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. We'll work that's out. Did you want to consider that there is the ATRT-3 meeting in Singapore, over that period of time, or not?

GISELLA GRUBER: ATRT. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: And during that week, Cheryl, is that the 21st or the 25th -- that week?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: We are meeting all day on the 21st, all day on the 22nd and all day on the 23rd. [CROSSTALK]

MAUREEN HILYARD: Great. I'm not available those times either. Okay. How about the next week? [CROSSTALK]

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I'm traveling on the 19th. [Inaudible]

GISELLA GRUBER: No. The week of the 28th we won't have an interpretation, so we can't do that.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, okay.

GISELLA GRUBER: Let me send out options for the week of that 21st, to see if we can fit it in at some stage --

MAUREEN HILYARD: Later in the week's okay?

GISELLA GRUBER: -- and then we can get the feedback.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: You'd have to be going to the Friday to be safe though, wouldn't you? Which would be your Thursday, I assume.

MAUREEN HILYARD: No, I'm safe for the end of the week.

GISELLA GRUBER: The U.K. IGF is on Thursday the 24th [inaudible], London. Okay. Let's look into it. I'll let you know.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, please. [CROSSTALK]

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Just touch base with Jennifer if you'll like to get the specific dates of the other one, because it'll take [inaudible]; it'll take Daniel; it'll take Sebastien; it'll take, obviously, me but I can multitask. So, that's a bunch of people. They all get very -- some more than others [CROSSTALK]

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay. Let me work on the next ALAC date ASAP, so that we can get it sorted, especially before you start traveling. However, we will make sure that ALT Plus is beginning of the week of the -- actually, Monday the 14th because you say you're traveling on the 15th, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yup. Did I hear Olivier mumbling in the background? No?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, I am here. The week of the 21st is also a very busy week for me. Because there's Moss Fest going on in London, there are some meetings with the UK chapter of the Internet Society and there's the UK IGF as well. So it's going to be really tight, I think, for everyone on that week.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I still actually have my hand up for a reason.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, Cheryl. Please.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Going way back, when I was looking at action items and other things, there was specifically with recommendation two -- and sorry, it is the now beyond frustrating other call for a number of reasons, not the least of which is I ended up having to have three different pieces of apparatus linking me into the zoom room to get unmuted audio in. It was just getting from the [inaudible] into to the ridiculous. However, we eventually sorted out that. So a little bit of extra frustration, just to add spice to my morning.

There was a couple of things that I noted that had my name associated with it, which were obviously going to have scheduling impact. And that was to do with, I'm assuming, probably Sunday morning, with the recommendation two. I saw my name associated with Alan for individual and that sort of thing, which is fine, excepting I have GNSO council meetings. I have other things. So I will move between rooms, but I would really appreciate having the calendar pieces sorted out as soon as possible, because I just can't be in too many places at once with limited mobility at the moment.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. I know that those decisions have just been made. So with their [CROSSTALK]

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: -- and panicking while you were making these decisions and going [inaudible].

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Noted. Heidi's got her hand up because she's noted that. Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. I noted that well. Gisella, please note that.

GISELLA GRUBER: I may have noted that but all I've got is GNSO working session.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: And the council, we haven't got the specifics of what is happening in each block of time yet. If one or the other is in my calendar earlier, it helps.

GISELLA GRUBER: I'll put this one in immediately on Sunday morning. From 9:30 to 19:30 you're booked, ladies. [CROSSTALK]

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I'm sure I'm booked. I just don't know where and in how many places.

MAUREEN HILYARD: We're onto it. Okay. [CROSSTALK]

MAUREEN HILYARD: All right. Are we all done? Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Just one really quick update. So, Gisella to the rescue again. She forwarded me the email that you sent about the Board questions. There were a few comments on it and it seems like Jonathan, Justine, Holly, all agreed that the question from At-Large about DNS abuse. So I don't know who -- Jonathan, would you like to the CPWG to discuss that tomorrow?

MAUREEN HILYARD: And lead it, of course.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Discuss what, in particular tomorrow?

HEIDI ULLRICH: This is the questions from the ALAC to the Board for ICANN66.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Oh, I see.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, specifically.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Yeah.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I'll write Re: DNS abuse.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Yeah. I guess we could try to come up with that question on the call.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Perfect. Okay. Thank you so much.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Just a little bit of text development. It doesn't have to be major, just something that can be accomplished. That's all.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Correct. And then that's perfect because then the strategic plan question -- which is the question from the Board to the ALAC -- then you'll have time to discuss that either from the ALT Plus webinar with Natalie on it, or we could even keep the sessions at 66. But again, I think that's not enough time to plan any very good response. So, let's stick with the webinar, Maureen, if that's okay. [CROSSTALK]

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. Actually, we must advertise those as well -- those webinars.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I didn't mean webinar. I meant the ALT Plus with Natalie on it, talking about strategic plan.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yep. And that as well.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, thanks.

MAUREEN HILYARD: As a backup.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yep.

MAUREEN HILYARD: So, anything else? Nothing? All right. So we all know what we're going to do, sort of. Okay. Thank you very much. It's been a really productive meeting. We've got lots of action items, so we're all going to be pretty busy. I'm just rushing off now to drop a car off before I go to the airport. So I'll see you guys online somewhere.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Safe travels, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you. You too.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Safe travels, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: See you guys.

JONATHAN ZUCK: All right. See you soon.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Bye.

GISELLA GRUBER: Bye bye.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Bye bye everyone. Speak to you soon.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]