

---

CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome to the ALAC Subcommittee On Outreach And Engagement call on Wednesday the 25<sup>th</sup> of September, 2019 at 17:00 UTC. On the call today we have Daniel Nanghaka, Vernatius Ezeama, Nkem Nweke, Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Harold Arcos, Matthias Hudobnik, Vrikson Acosta, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Anne-Marie Joly-Bachollet, Fatimata Seye Sylla, Ali Almeshal, Glenn McKnight, Dave Kissoondoyal, Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Michel Tchonang, Natalia Filina, Hanan Khatib, Lilian Ivette De Luques, Yrjo Lansipuro, and Marita Moll.

We have received apologies from Alfredo Calderon, Judith Hellerstein, Adam Schmidt, and Heidi Ullrich from staff. On staff we have Silvia Vivanco, Gisella Gruber, Adam Peake, Michelle DeSmyter, and myself, Claudia Ruiz. Before we begin, I would like to remind everyone to please state their name for the transcription purposes, and also Katmbi Joan just joined the call as well. Thank you very much and with this, I turn it over to you, Daniel.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Thank you very much for the welcome remarks. And also, I welcome all the members for their response to the outreach engagement call that is today the 25<sup>th</sup>. First and foremost, as you are aware, we are all geared up for Montreal and interesting things are going to be happening in Montreal. The fellows together with Siranush are going to be welcoming newcomers who will be inducted into ICANN [inaudible] to best understand how they can effectively engage.

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

---

So for those who will be at Montreal, I encourage you to fully participate and engage the new fellows and also support the works of Sarah and Siranush so that they can be able to understand how best they are able to participate and engage into the different respective working groups and the different tasks that happen with different fellows.

Still from Section 2, I'd like to request all updates from the action points and issues we had from the previous meeting. Could you please share the action points and updates from the previous meeting? [AUDIO BREAK]

Can you hear me?

MICHELLE DESMYTER: Yes we can, Daniel.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Yes, please share the previous action points and updates from the previous meeting.

MICHELLE DESMYTER: Certainly, one moment please. [AUDIO BREAK]

Okay, Daniel, I have them up.

---

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Okay, okay, thank you very much. So, there was a mix of collaboration done on the social media, tweets on the ATRT survey. I think all of this was well received and the total number of [inaudible] from the survey on the ATRT stream, there was a total number of 88 participants who fully completed the survey, but a list I pulled up was over 200 members beginning to fill it out but did not complete the survey.

So, based on the season and the timing, the list of 88 participants was good, and I'm also happy to share that most of the responses came from [CROSSTALK] over 25% of the responses, which was really quite good. So, the co-chairs were to come up with that timeline for the [inaudible] for outreach engagement and other various work groups, including the Social Media working group and the Capacity Building working group.

So, currently a [inaudible] on that is that a list from this meeting, I'd like to set up probably an action point that staff should be able to contact the leadership of the different prospective fellows such that they can be able to start the selection process of their respective co-chairs for outreach and engagement. And this would allow me to also proceed and share that... also set up our wiki page for outreach and engagement to include the members [inaudible] of the communications plan, so still on this call we shall be having some group updates regarding to the communication plan. The concept team volunteers, I think, were also notified.

Still, from the previous call, the absent people, that was Joan and Natalia, were to report on their reports that should be [inaudible], but I think all that still is related to the communication strategy, together

---

with the other respective action points too. So, the other, jumping through to the wiki page for the purpose of the GAC and ALAC. I think that... do we have an update on whether the wiki page was created, the progress between the GAC and ALAC? Do we have Maureen on the call?

Okay, I seem not to see Maureen on the call, so allow me to proceed on this. Still, on the -- Michelle, those are the receiving updates or not? The ICANN engagement booth within this call. So, with that, allow me to proceed to the other action point [inaudible] to the call on the agenda. Could you please populate the agenda? [AUDIO BREAK]

Thank you very much. Still, in the selection process, it is our mission to have an action point that staff should identify the different RALO leaders on the selection of the new co-chairs and we are aware to put the update from the selection of NARALO reps from Eduardo; we have Eduardo on the phone.

I can't see Eduardo on the call. I will kindly request Glenn, who [inaudible] of the co-chair for NARALO to be able to give us an update on the process of the selection of the new co-chair from NARALO. Glenn, could you please update us? Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Sure. Hi everybody, it's Glenn for the transcript. We have a replacement, we discussed this together with Eduardo. We asked the NARALO community who's interested. We are fortunate to have someone who's actually is an unaffiliated member, but he's becoming more involved, he'll be at ATLAS III, it's David Mackey. He can't be on

---

the call today, he's at the CIRA AGM in Ottawa today, but he's looking forward to be a full participant. So, that's basically, he'll hopefully be able to attend the October meeting, but he'll be in the November meeting for sure.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Okay, thank you very much, Glenn, for that. I think we'll welcome him to the outreach and engagement team. Just looking at the chat, Myrtle is asking if we have [inaudible] transcription. We do not have that at the moment. Apologies that the sound is not good, but due to the issue of connectivity in my location, as long as you can bear with me, please listen [inaudible]. So, yes, still the discussion is on transcript. Yes, I'll get up to that agenda. So, in case we have Joan, the person who called, Joan could you please give us some updates on [inaudible] updates?

JOAN KATMBI: Good morning.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Do you have John Laprise on the call?

MICHELLE DESMYTER: We are checking. One moment, Daniel. [AUDIO BREAK]

One moment, Daniel, we're checking to see if he has dialed in on the phone bridge.

---

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Okay, since we are still checking on the phone call, I see also that the next item on the agenda is an update on the communications strategy from [inaudible], I'll have to check on that. So, we shall get back to those within the course of the call. Let's get to agenda number five, which is outreach engagement at ICANN66. So, there is a lot of action that is going to be taking place at ICANN66 and I'll check with an update regarding to the ICANN Board. Let me give the floor to Adam and Silvia to update us on what is happening at the booth. Adam, you have the floor. [AUDIO BREAK]

SILVIA VIVANCO This is Silvia Vivanco. I don't know if Adam is on, I see him on the screen, but if not, I can give you an update. Basically, yes, the At-Large community will have a place at the ICANN booth. We will have the exclusivity for the [inaudible] over lunch-time. And we'll share the break with others and there will be a sign-up sheet to be sent by our colleague, Deborah Escalera. So, we will have plenty of chances and opportunities to be at the booth; so, stay tuned for that sign-up sheet, it will come from our colleague Deborah Escalera. I think Adam is now able to speak.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Okay, thank you very much, Silvia. Adam, would you like to share something more regarding the booth?

ADAM PEAKE: Hi, it's Adam, can you hear me?

---

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Yes, we can hear you.

MICHELLE DESMYTER: Yes. Adam, please go ahead; we can hear you. Actually, Adam, we are not able to hear you now. [CROSSTALK]. There we go.

ADAM PEAKE: Alright, sorry. Adam Peake speaking for the record. I double muted myself and unmuted myself once, so anyway. Thank you. Yes, you will probably see that there was a digest sent out to community leadership and that included some information about the booth and it's information that the At-Large has seen previously. But we are paperless this year and asking for you to send documents that you would like displayed on our page link by the QR codes that you want linked to our website.

That website is now available and I will send the link around to give you an idea of what it looks like. It's on the schedule, sched app that we use also at ICANN meetings, so you can imagine that it's not the easiest of sites to design but you will have your documents linked from there. And given the way the site looks, I would also suggest that if you want more of a narrative description that links to a larger number of documents, than say, just information about the At-Large and RALO documents. I would suggest having also a page on the community wiki, which you would be able to control and add more information to.

---

We have asked, and this is important and Silvia referred to it, that anybody attending the meeting then they should put their names forward and we will then be able to know who to invite to the technical community reception; this is also mentioned in the digest, so, information is coming in now. The first person to respond was Judith. It's perfectly fine for you all to put that information on the At-Large page and we will take that over to the main list.

We're also very interested to know what community sessions are going on. So, if any of the At-Large participants are involved with sessions, then please let us know. We may well make a listing, it depends on the subject matter of those sessions, but it will give it an opportunity for others to know where the community is speaking and so on. I know some staff members and we will try and encourage the board to know when you are around, so you may see them popping up in your sessions.

And there's also a list of the three main sessions that we have that ICANN is involved with, so there's a day zero event, an open forum on day one and then a workshop about online identity and multilingual domain names, which I think is probably of interest to At-Large, given the work that you have all done on IDNs. So that's where we are, so this call is really just an update on information you received previously, but all the RALO chairs will have seen this information that I've described as well as going Maureen, of course, it may be new for the RALO chairs who have received this information direct now. Thank you and apologies for the mess with the muting and unmuting earlier. Thanks.



---

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Thank you very much, Adam, for that insight. So, I think from here we have at least a couple action points that, one, is the list from the sign-up form for the booth will be ready. When do you think that this form should be ready, because [inaudible] participants are aware whether they'll be in Montreal and they're still not sure whether they'll be in Montreal.

Also, you say that there's a need to create the pages for each of the RALO sites so that they can populate content. In case the pages haven't yet been created, I think we should be able to set an action point that starts with a page for each of the RALOs. And looking at the queue, I can see that Natalia's hand is up. Natalia please, go ahead. Natalia, you may now share your update. Natalia, please, you have the floor.

MICHELLE DESMYTER: Natalia, could you please check your mute button? We're not able to hear you. [AUDIO BREAK]

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I'm not even seeing a microphone associated with her, actually, which is interesting. It's Cheryl just making a comment.

Playing: We're checking to make sure that she is on the phone bridge, one moment.

---

DANIEL NANGHAKA: [Inaudible], Natalia.

ADAM PEAKE: Daniel, let me just try and clarify something. So yes, there is a website that is linked from the QR code. The QR code will be something that's displayed at the booth and visitors to the booth will be able to follow that to a dedicated website, which is for ICANN org materials, the At-Large, and any other community group that wishes to put them there. But the way that the page is designed and the options that we have for us, we're not going to be able to have a, sort of, rich narrative description on there about every different group.

So, what I'm trying to say is that on that particular webpage, the one that's associated directly with the IGF, I would suggest information such as a brochure about the At-Large broadly, the what you do, what it is and so on and so forth. And then, perhaps, a link to the RALO documents, the RALO pamphlets about each of the five RALOs. This is just my suggestion. If you wanted to go into more detail, then, because the page that we have from the IGF doesn't really accommodate it, I would suggest that you might want to create a community wiki or page on the community wiki to be accurate.

And you can, of course, put as much detail or not as you wish and you are in control of it so it can be updated. That link could also be placed on the QR code link page, so, and you'd be able to distribute and share it in any way that you wished. I just wanted to be clear that because of the nature of the page that the IGF has provided to us, it's not gonna be the best way to display a rich amount of content. There will be links to

---

the basic documents, but I wouldn't expect more than that. So, the community wiki, which you use regularly and are familiar with, may be the best way to add a sort of richer amount of content. And any content that you can update, right up to the IGF and during the IGF. So, that was my suggestion. I hope that's a little clearer, thank you.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Thank you very much, Adam, for that. Let me just simply go through the chart and I see [CROSSTALK].

Okay, we have Natalia. Please, Natalia, you can proceed.

NATALIA FILINA:

Thank you very much. Sorry for my trouble again. I have some words about our strategy, communication strategy. I need to say that we have some requests from our community members to join our working group and now we are waiting for the input from them and we meet the deadline and went to finish this work to the middle of October. And then, we're going to show the strategy to ALAC for the approval and then to present this document to the At-Large community during ATLAS III. Now I have some problem and difficulty with the visa for Canada, but I hope to present this document in person there.

So, I have some suggestions, some ideas, regarding our present At-Large and RALOs, our scale of work online and offline. When we attend some meetings like [inaudible] and actually IGF, I think we need not just to tell the guests about the opportunity to join us and work with us. I think in every place when we have an opportunity to engage and to do our

---

engagement and outreach work, we need to show the real examples with support from our ALSes. How can we do it? I think we should invite folks from our ALSes for example, for IGF European ALSes, and involve them in dialects with our visitors at the booth. And I think at least we may push them to put their social media, by short notice, about our dialect, our work there, and about who we are, we are together.

And second one, I have some new, maybe strange ideas, but I think we may use it for our site and our tablet at the booth during the IGF. I think it will be great if we will have a digital map with the ALSes as points on this map. On the right, the geo location and how I see it may work. Every point as ALSes will be clickable and link to the organization website. And I think, I don't know if I have or don't have the time to prepare this and how we can do it. Maybe we may discuss it out of this discussion, but I wanted to ask you what do you think about it? Thank you.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Thank you very much, Natalia. I like to say that at least there is some progress on that communication strategy and also those action points, I think, they're going to be very good incentives for crucial meetings that will be coming up. I can see Dev on the queue; Dev, you have the floor.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH:

Thank you, this is Dev now speaking. Thanks, Daniel. I guess I want to follow up where Adam is at, talking about in terms of the potential IGF outreach at the meeting. And he put up a schedule page, that he has

---

put up, I will comment on that afterwards. My key point was that the QR code is going to be pointing to this schedule page? That's my first question. And then, I have a follow-up question.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Dev, could you [inaudible] after the plan.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay, well --

ADAM PEAKE: Yeah, yeah, yeah.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: -- go ahead, Adam.

ADAM PEAKE: Oh, sorry. I was just going to say, yes Dev, the QR code is provided by the IGF and it links to that particular page. All the booths have got the same thing and I think if you, when you do get a chance to look at the link I sent, you'll see down at the bottom there's a link that says IGF village and you'll then be able to link to all the other booths', sort of, webpages. It's the standard set up so, that's what we've been given and that's what we intend to use at the moment.

---

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH      Okay. So this is Dev, thanks for that, it does need some work, because then this is for ICANN in general, not just At-Large as such. Well, I see how some work needs to be done on it, because we'll need to then really focus on what exactly we want to say. So, the usual opening paragraph about what is ICANN, maybe we need to trim that, because we want to say ICANN is involved with coordinating the DNS, and it is a community whether you are government users, so and so and so, and then branch off. And have links going out from there. And then for At-Large for internet end user or civil society, we can then have control of that At-Large page, or what you want to disseminate rather than trying to fit everything onto that one page, because otherwise people just going to, well, glaze over, and not do anything.

As far as the At-Large community page, I don't think that real brochures are the thing to do, I think we should be looking at doing it ourselves as outreach and engagement subcommittee, and looking to pass a simple message, At-Large represents the interest of internet end users, here's why it's important to join, and it's just a link to join, you don't need to delve into the whole RALO, ALAC structure at this point, because then you're just going to confuse people. So, simple message, for the At-Large, and I think, this is something that I think, that At-Large, this outreach and engagement subcommittee should do. So those are my comments.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:              Thank you very much, Dave, for that, I think you provided very interesting insights. Can I request you to be able to take up the [inaudible] on that and to ask volunteers on the call who can be able to

---

support the [inaudible] that Dev has just put forward right now, a place where they are able to have an appropriate message that can be able to go out. So, also, also looking at the chat, is that a, Glenn mentioned that this stretch QR code is not to schedule, doesn't see the links to the IGF village, and also another reaction from Adam is that it is the org and the community.

As mentioned, average, just up to put this up, and not thinking how best to use it. So, I think we still have to come up with ways of how we're going to put out effective communication that we're able to pass on the message about At-Large and the various works because the community at the IGF is really quite good. So, we'll [inaudible] the updates from the IGF, but still we shall come back to that briefly since the item on the agenda [inaudible] outreach and engagement at ICANN66. So, let me give the floor to Olivier to be able to update us on the joint NCSG At-Large event that will be happening in Montreal. Olivier you have the floor.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND      Thank you very much, Daniel. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking, can you hear me properly? I'm in a bit of a noisy place.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:            Yes, we can hear you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND      You can? Okay, thank you. Right, so the NCSG and the At-Large are doing a joint outreach on the Monday afternoon, it's the last session of

---

the afternoon I believe. I think 4:30 until 6 pm, something like that, you'll have to check the agenda, and we're doing exactly the same thing as we've done before, which is effectively to explain what At-Large is, explain what NCSG is, and explain our differences, our commonalities between them and also then take on a number of topics, policy topics, to discuss them.

And hopefully we'll get a good turnout, we have already advance notice that both the fellows and the next-gen will be around, and I do know that it's taking place at the same time as one of the workshops, sorry, breakout sessions of ATLAS III, but this is a totally entirely different audience, this is an audience of new comers, people that know very little about ICANN, and, so, the only thing that I would ask is if we would be able to have a few people who are ready to speak in that session. So if you have any volunteers, could they please email me and then we'll slot them on one or the other topics for discussion, they don't need to remain there the full 90 minutes, they can just come in, have their discussion, answer any questions, and then go back over to the work shop. And that's all, thank you.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Thank you very much, Olivier, for that update. Thanks a lot for posting the breakout session on the 24th of November, that is from 17h to 18:30h. Yeah, also reading Glenn mentioned, again as previously [inaudible] online registration of people of interest when they come to the booth, this is not quite adequate, so there's a need to be able to enhance how we can be able to track the suspected participants, because many of the people who come to the booth simply get lost. So,



---

just to follow up, we also have Glenn. Glenn, you have the floor.  
[AUDIO BREAK]

MICHELLE DESMYTER: Glenn, your line is open. Will you please check your mute button?  
[AUDIO BREAK]

Glenn, we're not able to hear you, if you're speaking.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: [inaudible].

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Glenn, we're not hearing you. Okay, as Glenn is trying to set up his microphone and his audio, let's simply go back to the chat, and we're having a response from dEV about what the IGF have given to use, and from what he understands, they are trained where to put the pages of our schedule, and then also Glenn has a question for Olivier. I think in case he has swapped out his audio, he will be able to give his question. And that point of yours [inaudible], I think that's going to be an action point so they can be able to pick up. Glenn, do you have your microphone set? Are your audio issues solved?

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Yeah, I'm here. Okay, the quick question for Olivier, in the past I created a mail card for you to promote the events, I haven't seen a request from you, I need details. I thank you, Gisella, for the time and

---

date, but you know we've always had good image and we've had a catchy title, if you could direct me to your Google Doc that your creating the format I'll put together a mail card for you and I'll send it to you, so just interface with me.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND Yes, thank you very much, Glenn, I think that you have been copied, in fact I know you've been copied on my last email, which provides a link to the Google Doc where we're building the program, so if you want, I can certainly, as soon as I get in front of a computer, send that to you again, but it should have entered your email by yesterday.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay, great, I will check that, I will get that to you this afternoon.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Great, thank you very much, Glenn, for that and the DESIGN of the respective mail cardS. Also, what's interesting about ICANN66 is that we are having ATLAS III and that is [inaudible] everyone is aware about what is happening with ATLAS III and so forth. And, Olivier, what does our program update is like at ATLAS III?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND I'm sorry, I didn't hear you.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Yes, could you please give us the program updates regarding ATLAS III?

---

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND

Oh, thank you very much Daniel, Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking, we are currently working with David Culp to put together a program which will involve some plenary sessions and also some sessions that would be breakout sessions and such. Let me just go to a slightly less noisy place. One second. And so, as far as plenaries are concerned the whole program is based around trying to provide tools and means for the participants to enhance their participation in At-Large, not only topic wise, but in particular things like how to run meetings, how to deal with conflict, how to put your points across.

This is a whole program which is somehow based on some of the leadership training program that David Culp has been dispensing to the future leaders in ICANN and, so, the whole program is built around a way to not only have real world topics, such as, for example, case scenario based on the expedited PDP Phase 1. For those people that don't know about it, you'll soon have some information in your mail box about the expedited PDP Phase 1. But also, how to deal with real case scenarios, if you're going to run a call, you know, people rambling on, like I'm doing at the moment for example, this sort of thing. Just kidding.

But the program is based on some plenaries, some... There's some noise in the background, some plenaries on one side, and breakout sessions on the other, and we're going to have some... Well, the whole program if you want is going to be published very soon, it's still under a sort of discussion [inaudible]. But we will have some webinars in the run up to ATLAS III to bring people up to date on specific topics and get them in

---

the mood so that they can actually get the maximum out of their participation in ATLAS III.

That's the thing, it's coming up soon, I'd like to tell you more but we're still under discussion with the different working groups that are working on this, but hopefully within the next week or so we'll be able to do a lot more and start explaining what is expected. At the end of the day, what we're hoping to do is to get people to have an amazing experience of being able to use skills, not only in At-Large, but also in their everyday working life. So, that's the sort of thing behind the program. That's all, thank you.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Thank you very much, Olivier. You mentioned something about conducting webinars, and according to like the calendar, we have approximately the next one month or less. Is there like a schedule of when these webinars are going to be taking place? Can we get the schedules? I think for this point to be shared with the prospective calendar dates, on when they will be taking place.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND

Yes, thank you, Daniel, that's a very good question. I don't think we actually have an exact calendar, and it's something which we need to do. So maybe we need that as an action item, we even have to find out how many webinars we will require. I don't think you're speaking about 10 webinars, I think you might be talking about five or four, just a few that will be there to prepare people for ATLAS III, so that by the time everyone arrives in Montreal, they're nice and, you know, they're all

---

excited about the program and have done a little bit of homework before arriving. But, yes, we need a schedule for this and I know that there is a meeting tomorrow on this, and I'll be bringing this over to the meeting tomorrow. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Thank you very much, Olivier. Looking at the chat for ATLAS III [inaudible]. Cheryl, you have the floor.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thank you, Daniel. Cheryl Langdon-Orr for the record. I'm sure why this meeting is putting eyes on ATLAS activities, because it has to work with the activities organized by the ATLAS III organizing committee, rather than instruct the ATLAS III organizing committee to do anything, but please feel free to have a go. Whilst I make that point, I did want to let you know that the organizing committee, as far as I am aware, is having its meeting tomorrow, as for this week anyway.

So, a number of questions you're asking now, are simply probably 24 hours to 36 hours ahead of actually being discussed, so -- not as if things are shambolic, it is just that this meeting is ahead of the next meeting, from the ATLAS III organizing committee. Dev, you did hear that there is no particular reason that Olivier picked 4 or 5 webinars, he could have picked one, or he could have picked 12. What he was saying is that it's not going to be a large number.

And one of the things that may be looked at is webinars out of the, now very demanding, prep week, which will give you a webinar opportunity

---

on a topic every single day, ridiculous requirement for volunteers a week before they're trying to travel, in my view. However, some of those may be looked at by the organizing committee as being appropriate. There will certainly be webinars devoted to bringing the participants together, so that they know what to expect out of ATLAS. That's certainly one, whether there is others to follow, what they are is to be determined. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Thank you very much, Cheryl, for that interesting insight. Yeah, and just not to catch you on the spot, but since you're already on the spot, there is this interesting thing that you have been working on, which is the ATLAS III communications plan. Could you please quickly walk us through the ATLAS communications plan, [inaudible] communications strategy on how things will be moving. Please, Cheryl, walk us through the ATLAS communication plan.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Cheryl Langdon-Orr for the record. I don't have it for staff to display, but sufficed to say, that the communications team within --

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Cheryl, the communications plan is being displayed right now and the members from [CROSSTALK].

---

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Oh, okay, right, right, sorry. I was looking -- let's say I wasn't looking at that Zoom screen. Now I am looking at that Zoom screen, will do that, well... Ladies and gentlemen, feel free to read what's in front of you. The communications plan, as I was introducing it, has been worked on by the very helpful staff in the communications department of ICANN. Heidi and the ATLAS III organizing committee have met recently and put up the skeleton together which has been released out into the wild so to speak. And this had comments put in it by a number of people including Daniel.

So, as you can see in front of you, it's hardly rocket science, it identifies who the message is to go for, what the message is, and what are the messages that are going to be delivered, and there's a set of steps, which you can count as easily as I can, that we'll be going down through to create the final plan. It then goes down, please scroll further, to identify the channel views, surprisingly enough, there's email, social media, and webinars.

And then it has some high level outlining such as the generic terms that we are wanting to have people using in their conversations about ATLAS, things like nurturing abilities to have the ATLAS participant develop as sort, leaders and change agents, those type of motherhood type statements that we're hoping to hear drop from every ones lips at great frequency. The objectives are identified because that's something that hopefully everyone will be clear on, but clearly also need to maintain messages from the communications plan, and we've identified the target audience. Not surprisingly, the participants, the At-Large community, and a wider ICANN community.

---

Scroll down because you can, the timeline here is running through the month of October, and as you can see, any of the webinars will include clear messages about what to expect out of ATLAS III and various information on where information can be located. So things like when a webinar is on will be going out by social media, as well as the more traditional emails, etcetera.

There's also the sort of over picture messaging coming from the chair and NARALO leadership, and of course we also will be interacting with the ICANN community, normal channels which include the communications put out every time now before an ICANN meeting with what used to be just one and a repeat of the same information. Policy webinar, we've now devolved into half a dozen different topics and a half a dozen different webinars, in the thrill packed and exciting prep week so we'll feature in that as well.

There'll be staff briefings undertaken by Heidi and by Maureen, and obviously there's the lining up of people like Goran for messaging. If you want me to continue to read, which I personally think is not a wonderful use of time, just scroll down quickly, there's obviously plans, daily updates, there will be post-ATLAS at work, there is strategy outline there, we are looking at a few, probably 2 or 3 key messages, some rough work is there and still open to finalizing, but there's general guidelines on key messages, and there are some tactics to scout. Feel free to scroll down further cause I'm getting bored; I don't know about anyone else.

There will be the inevitable indicators of metrics which have things like how many tweets you get, how many retweets you get in social media,



---

how many likes you get, blah dee, blah dee, blah. And of course, what we're aiming for is the community to have greater understanding and interest in ATLAS III activities and results. Please scroll down and I believe that is it. So, thank you Daniel, and if you want me to be more cooperative at 10 minutes to 4 in the morning, having been on call for the last 8 hours, I suggest you put me as an agenda item in the future. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Thank you very much Cheryl for that, and sorry for putting you on the spot, I appreciate the fact that you were able to share all this, and, yes, actually it was meant to be Maureen today to share this, but she is not on the call, and I appreciate the fact that you've done such a good job in presenting this. And also, I'm very happy to say that this communication plan brings about integration and collaboration with various working groups including the Social Media working group, the Capacity Building working group.

As you have seen, the various channels including webinars and sharing through social media, tweets, all that mentioned. I think that is something that is really good that is being shared. Proceeding with the next item on the agenda is, we are going to hear in the plan regarding the IGF updates, I heard that we had a snip of what is taking place, and at this point you will be hearing about the IGF webspace, about how far we go to the booth, and how far we go to the IGF logistics. Matthias, Adam and Adam please, any of you can be able to take up the floor.

---

ADAM PEAKE: Hi, It's Adam, can you hear me? Oh, for God's sake.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Yes, we can hear you. Adam, please proceed.

ADAM PEAKE: Okay, okay. I now see myself talking, I do apologize and I think I probably blasphemed a few moments ago, which I apologize for as well. I'm not entirely sure what I can add in addition to what I said earlier, we're at the stage with the information having just gone out to the other communities, the At-Large is way ahead on everybody else on this. We're not sure what requests we're going to receive for using the booth. Very welcome to carry on hearing your interest in having people attend the booth, that's exactly what we want.

There's a question here about logistics on using the screen, and at the moment, yes, there is a screen in the booth, it's standard HTML etcetera, etcetera, linkages, and I imagine that we're expecting to have a general loop video on there, but how to incorporate other community videos and so on. We haven't yet discussed partly because while we're aware of your interest, we're not aware of yet if others will want to use as well, so it's a matter of coordinating all that sort of thing.

But, as soon as we know more, I'll let you know but the screen is there, and there will certainly be opportunities to put up an At-Large video should that be what you want it to. I'm imagining it would be the same one or something similar to what we've seen at ICANN meetings but I don't know what materials you have, so wait for you to let us know on

---

that. In fact, it would probably be helpful if you could decide what video you may wish to share and give me a link for that so that I can share it with coms and they can make sure that they know what we're doing at the booth. Thank you very much, and I apologize for the muting problems, don't know what's going on today. Cheers.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Thank you very much, Adam, I think we have an action point there probably together with Natalia and Matthias can talk with the outreach and engagement team who will be at the IGF, who could be able to brainstorm what videos can be shared on their respective screen. So probably Natalia, would you like to give us a brief update regarding your IGF plans and engagements? Natalia?

NATALIA FILINA: Hello? Can you hear me?

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Yes, we can hear you.

NATALIA FILINA: Hello? Hello?

MICHELLE DESMYTER: Yes, we can hear you, Natalia. Please proceed.

---

NATALIA FILINA:

Oh, thank you very much, Natalia Filina speaking. I'm not sure, but, as I said, I will do my best to attend the IGF, and I wanted to note again that I don't think we should do some show at the booth, but I think we will be planning some sort of interactive for people who are interested in dev-ops with us and interested to have some information about us.

And I think we have in our community amazing people for this kind of some short speeches, and I think I may lead this process in the close future and I think we may prepare something for this. Unfortunately, I have know some new information about our activities there, and I think we will get it, so it's awesome. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Thank you very much Natalia. I think also we need to comment on who from At-Large will be attending the IGF [inaudible] in Berlin, because their session [inaudible], and also another issue was, Olivier, I was going to ask Olivier what room has been assigned for that. I think all that will be displayed on the respective calendar.

And also, there is a PDF for the At-Large office activities in Berlin, so please ask members to go open that page and see what they can be able to do. And also, I think also regarding the [inaudible] and their respective Information that can be coordinated through the mailing list. So, we are coming towards the end of our respective agenda. Does anyone have any other business they would like to share on the call?

Okay, I'm not seeing anyone having anything to share. Besides that, the next call, I think will be happening at the end of this month. I'd like to ask the members, of course they will be preparing to travel to Montreal,

---

would they be available to attend the call, or we can schedule to skip this call until the next, what do the members say?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I think keeping it would be wise.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Okay. That was the plan. Glenn, was that you that mentioned that skipping the call would be wise? Oh, sorry, that was Cheryl. Okay. Alright, I will hope that the silence from the group will drive consensus that the call will be skipped. Also looking at the chat, [inaudible] ahead of the rest of the community [inaudible] information I received from the IF, [inaudible]. Adam will keep trying to keep members updated as much as possible.

Okay, so, regarding the next call, I think we shall skip the call and we shall have our next online call after the Montreal meeting. But we shall have another meeting during Montreal and also a reminder, can we walk through the respective action points from this call?

ADAM PEAKE: I'm very sorry, Daniel, to interrupt at the end. I just saw a note to myself I took earlier. If there are requests for the GSCVPs who will be in Montreal to participate with the ATLAS participants, please let me know. I'm sure you're already in touch with some of the regional VPs, but if you could let me know then I can make sure that things happen, GSC would be very happy to help in any way we can with the At-Large

---

groups that are coming, the ATLAS participants, and so on. And so, thank you for that.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: I think [inaudible] [AUDIO BREAK]

Matthias, you have the floor.

MICHELLE DESMYTER: Daniel, you cut out right at the end.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Matthias, his time is up, so if we can proceed [inaudible].

MICHELLE DESMYTER: Alright, thank you so much. This concludes today's call. Meeting has been adjourned. Thank you so much everyone, have a great rest of your day.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Thank you everyone. Bye, bye all.

**[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]**