
SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: It's my pleasure, my honor, to be here with you in Berlin, and, for the ones online, as Chair of EURALO for my first EURALO meeting with this duty. Thank you very much for coming. This room is quite full. That's a good sign [inaudible].

Before we go to the, I would say, official agenda, I would like to take a moment to allow ones who would like to talk about our colleague and friend who passed away yesterday, Jimmy Schulz. He was a member of ALAC for one term in 2014-2016 and became again an ALAC member in 2015. Therefore, we had one year together. It was quite [inaudible] for me to have somebody who is really running for politics in this country to be available to participate as an end user and in the ALAC. It was a good year. I think we learned a lot. I hope that he learned also a lot.

With that, I would like to ask if anybody wants to make a comment. I am obliged to tell you that it must be short because we have just [one hour] for our general assembly, but I think he deserves it. So we'll take some minutes on that.

[Anita], please?

[ANITA]: When [I] received the message [inaudible] yesterday morning, and I would like to express our deep regret. Jimmy was a member of Parliament [inaudible]. The two of us were members of the Global Commission on Internet and Society for three-and-half years at the German [parliament]. [He] had some expertise as parliamentarians. So

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

we worked together long-term. He was absolutely engaged in all the issues of free software, of net neutrality, of an open world, free society. All our best wishes to his family now because it is so sad. He wanted to organize the first parliamentary meeting yesterday. I think we can say he managed to start a new tradition yesterday because the meeting took place. It was the first time that the IGF had a meeting of parliamentarians – a global parliamentary meeting. He wanted to moderate this. Unfortunately, that [didn't happen]. He was still a member of the Steering Committee of the German IGF, so we organized the last German IGF together so that [inaudible] two months ago [inaudible]. I can only say his family [inaudible] ...

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Someone else?

Olivier?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you. Jimmy served on the ALAC when I was ALAC Chair. It came to me as a real shock to hear that he had passed away, although I did know that he had health problems. These were not new. They happened for some time. I'll always remember him as someone who was in very high spirits and was very positive about things and energetic. When he took time off parliamentary duties to join the ALAC, for him it was a bit of a challenge. But, at the same time, it was basically wanting to learn as much as he could about the multi-stakeholder system. It was something he actually believed in very, very much so.

I recall that, in the first Marrakech, being in the bar with him. We were having a drink and we spent an hour-and-a-half at a bar at 1:00 in the morning, where he was detailing his plan if he was not reelected again for another term. He would actually go straight back to German politics. His aim was to establish within the ministry, perhaps even as a future minister, a multi-stakeholder system that would show and pave the way for a new way for governance, not only in the Internet but perhaps also something that could give [inaudible].

So he was really someone who was driven by the interest and the drive for multi-stakeholder models of governance. I will always remember this. I'm very, very sad indeed that he wasn't able to continue on his plans because I believe that he still had a lot to contribute to this world. Thank you.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: [inaudible]. Okay, thank you very much. We will find a way to send a message to the family. We will try to find the best way to do that.

Let's go back to our work. Then we are going to have some [inaudible] here in this room with the other people online. I would like to start by asking [inaudible] like [inaudible]. You say your name, which organization you represent, and [inaudible].

With that, I give the floor to Gisella to tell us how to do that. Thank you.

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you very much, Sebastien. This is Gisella for our remote participants. It may just be easier if I go through the ALS list. I do have a

list of those present, remote, and proxy. I will have assistance to note all those who are remote participants and [inaudible] assistance [inaudible]. I think the main [inaudible] is to make sure that they have [inaudible] so we will go through this and I will then ask if you could please just sign the list that we have here, which I will send around and which we can do during the meeting. Thank you.

Going down the list in alphabetical order of members, not ALSes, we have [Alexay Sorzadov.] He's present. We have [Julie].

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Online.

GISELLA GRUBER: We also have Sebastien as a proxy, should there be any connectivity issues. [Anetta Moovere], Bastiaan Goslings.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Online.

GISELLA GRUBERL: Betty Fausta, online. [Boolatay Goodnin]. Proxy is Sebastien Bachollet.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Here.

GISELLA GRUBER: [Gabulin Slivamagre] [inaudible]. [Kristoff Orr]. [inaudible] believe we have. Christopher Wilkinson.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Online.

GISELLA GRUBER: Is he online? Wonderful. Thank you. [Ifraim Percekenyaneto]. He did say he was going to be here in person. He might got lost with the road change. [BB Scwikecome]. [Franz Veraviswan]. Seon [inaudible]. There we go.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Is there a call for [Kanyamiko]? He's here.

GISELLA GRUBER: Welcome. We have [Quan Frances Russ], who I believe is online.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes.

GISELLA GRUBER: We have—

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Hello.

GISELLA GRUBER: Wonderful. Thank you very much, [Quan]. We have [Fossid Agantwomartens], who has a proxy through Olivier Crepin-Leblond today. [Lits Stalamakich] should be with us remotely. [Martin Valda]. We didn't get a response. I don't see him. [Miguel Perez Studias]. Wonderful, thank you. [Geogi Kayoff], who we have [Natalia Filinas] as proxy. [Nenad Marenkavich]. Roberto Gaetano is her proxy. [Oxama Preoco.] [inaudible]. [Oliver Elste] should be with us remotely. [Philip Kopetstky]. I didn't hear back from Phillip. [Flambena Kokoban], remotely. Roberto Gaetano. [Gwana Biba], proxy [Demi Scwhikover]. [Vivi Vansnick], [Zumhow Wolferichter,] Sebastien Bachollet. [Sergi Vistaff]. I didn't hear back from. [inaudible]. [Chifan Hoogan]. We've got [Schneider Gradanock.] [Solve Nielsen] should be remote as [inaudible]. [Bankina Vavel.] We have Sandra Hoferichter as proxy. [Victoria Berkola], who might have got lost with the road change. [inaudible] Berkovksy]. We have [Oxana Beofflov] a proxy. [inaudible] Ludwig, Yrjo Lansipuro, and Julia [Moganay] who, again, was meant to be [inaudible] gotten lost in transition. I know we do have additional people here in the meeting room, so we'll make sure to write their names down when we send the sheet [inaudible].

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you, Gisella. I guess, with that, we have quorum for this meeting. Then let's proceed. We received [inaudible] on the wiki page on paper here the agenda. We will go the points for some of the meeting of the last year's general assembly. We have some guest speaker. I may ask those people to speak as they come because they here because they

have other duties to take care of. We will try to shuffle the agenda. Then we will have some item we will like to have some discussion. We will talk about the EURALO annual for last year. We will talk about next steps about [inaudible]. We will open discussion about EURALO participation [inaudible]. Then [Daniel] will talk about the EURALO ALS and [the] task force. Then [Nachas] will speak about EURALO's fiscal year '20 [inaudible] strategy, if there Any Other Business before we officially sign the new EURALO bylaws at the end of the meeting. Thank you.

Any comments or questions about this agenda?

Okay. [inaudible]. I'm not seeing ... May I suggest that we start by our guest – the first who came here – and we'll have [Phily] to be the first one to talk. As is more important in ICANN [inaudible], it's our Chair of the Board. I want to start by congratulating you for your election, your new position as the Chair of the Board. It's, if I am not wrong, the first time that we have a chair coming from Europe. It shows that some changes in this organization are taking care more of the diversity. In Europe, it's not more diverse than some other parts of the world, but it's a good step. I would like to give you the floor.

[MAARTEN BOTTERMAN]:

Thanks very much, Sebastien. This is the first time you're the Vice-Chair of ALAC. I'm sure you may be aware of that. Well, it's a pleasure to be here. Of course, many of us saw each other in Montreal at the [inaudible] Conference, which was, again, I think a good success of bringing together people and discuss things that are sometimes easier

to discuss in interaction than purely digital interaction. Your leadership, EURALO – you and Natalia – continued the high-interest and [inaudible] of EURALO not only in the ICANN Learn but also [inaudible] EuroDIG and the Europe IGF, with several sessions, I believe [inaudible]. So it's really great to see because this is how ICANN, this mystic thing that some people may have heard about but nobody knows except [inaudible] society and how we contact with the people with your activities and your daily experiences, next to the other parts of the ecosystem that [inaudible] to participate in our [inaudible] stable, [inaudible].

I think just being back from Montreal [inaudible] relatively short on what our priorities are. They clearly developed their strategic plan, as you all know. I think the strategic plan provides us as a community an excellent focus to see what the priorities are going forward and to, in a way, make sure we don't miss things – the five areas, starting with security. Security issues will go up. We all need to continue to address that. Our core mission of security, stability, of the unique identifier system is also our big [inaudible]. If you don't do that [inaudible]. But this is how we serve the world.

We are aware that the whole identifier system is also evolving. We're not blind to that. We're following that. We also try to see how that impacts us. Of course, IGF is a very big demonstration of that. How important it has become? I've been impressed by both the speeches from [Giteerest and Meriko]. Ten years ago, politicians would have read from a piece of paper and not understood what they said. These people knew what they're talking about. They can relate to real-world situations. I think that is impressive. But it also means that governments are going to interfere more and more with the work that affects our

ability to keep this unique identifier system [inaudible]. So that's also [inaudible] of how can we play our role and [inaudible] without thinking at all [inaudible] tell governments what to do or not to do. We can at least inform of what the impact is of this on the whole world of the Internet. [inaudible]. Do not mistake [inaudible].

As you know, we've started to talk about how to improve the multi-stakeholder model in full recommendation that it brought us a long way of [inaudible] If we don't continue to improve it, we may grind to a halt at some point. Dare I say – oh, it's online. I won't say that. But, for sure, it's to make sure that we remain effective. So that's the main activity for which we ask for help of the community and to also take responsibility for part of it and really progress it together. We're very happy and I'm also looking forward to more interaction with [inaudible] and EURALO in that context.

Last but not least, one of the elements that demonstrates how you're working or making this work is your bylaws after the transition, recognizing the importance of [inaudible] prioritization and budgeting of actions. That means that [inaudible] in ICANN.

So these are the things you're focusing on. As you may have noticed, [inaudible] issues pop up that we need to say something about and do something with. We do that with full respect for obviously the whole bylaws and the values that we've expressed of the multi-stakeholder model and policies that are made.

Next to that, we will continue to also work on our improvements to being effective as a Board but also a Board in interaction with the

community in ways that we're not sitting somewhere among islands, waiting for things to come to us and then say, "Well, we think what's really working is [inaudible] to make this all work." So this is what we stand for, and we're very happy for your support and your active and constructive contributions to progress this together.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

Thank you, Maarten. You are happy with us working, and we are happy with you working. I think it's important that the whole organization takes advantage to add all these changes. I am sure that, in the next few months – I am not talking about next year – we'll have a very important topic in front of us, with five or six comment periods which will open on very substantive issues – the next round of TLDs, [inaudible], ATRT3, to name a few. It will be difficult to take those in just two months with the holidays for our part of the world, but I am sure ATLAS will do the best. I hope that EURALO will be able to do that.

You say – then we'll give the floor to Leon in a minute – yes, we are the one who selects who's to be on the Board. But, as you know, we consider, as you consider, all the Board members as equal. Then we have no specific target and we don't wait for him to do specific things. Even if he's coming from our community, he's just one of us. But all Board members must be considered the same. We hope and we are [inaudible] here.

Leon, I will ask you, as a first duty, can you present your [calling] on the Board and then make whatever you want to tell us?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I'm just going to [inaudible]. He is also [our ride]. So that's to be added to the record. Thank you.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you, Olivier. Yes, it's the first time that the Vice-Chair comes from ALAC in the new way of ALAC because it's used to happen that two co-chairs [were quite linked] with what's become ALAC. Alejandro Pisanty was Chair of the ISOC Mexican chapter. When he was Vice-Chair, it was before we had an At-Large like we have today. Roberto Gaetano, who is with us, was the Vice-Chair. He was [inaudible] from ALAC. The ALAC before the creation of the RALOs will not enter into this history because it's—

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: [inaudible] Roberto.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: [You pause and we will not say where]. But I think, first, it's important that diversity is taken into account in this Board and [inaudible] Leon gets the job of Vice-Chair. I'm sure that he will do great. As you know, he is reselected for a second term. It's the first time that somebody coming from our part of the organization is selected the second time. He needs a second congratulations.

Leon, I give you the floor, please.

LEON SANCHEZ: Thank you very much, Sebastien. Thank you very much, everyone, for having us here. You said you wanted me to introduce Maarten?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: No. That's okay. But the other Board members, please.

LEON SANCHEZ: Okay, good. So we have several Board members here with us. We have Danko, who happens to be an individual member of EURALO. We have also Tripti Sinha. We have Ron da Silva. And we have Lito Ibarra, who also comes from Latin America and LACRALO. He's a member of LACRALO.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you, Maarten.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Bye.

LEON SANCHEZ: First of all, I would like to thank you, Sebastien. Thank you for your RALO membership for your continued support. When I first stepped up to put my name for a Board member designated or appointed by the ALAC, I made a commitment of remaining close to our community. I think I have lived up to that commitment. The fact that you have trusted in me once again it only reinforces and strengthens that commitment to you.

As Sebastien has stated many times, it is not that I am your representative in the Board, but I come from your community. That actually has some ties between us. In that sense, I would like to remind everyone that I'm just a click away anytime. So feel free to reach out whenever on whatever subject you feel it's important to us to establish dialogue on.

The second point I would like to touch upon is something that Maarten was saying just a minute ago and that my colleagues here in the Board, I think, also share, which is that, after the transition happened, we have been working in tearing down that notion or that concept of the Board being a different part of the community. So we think the Board is [comprised] by members of the community. So we are also part of that community. In that sense, we would like to be a Board that is well close to the community, that listens to the community, that interacts with the community, and that we actually get to listen and to get feedback from you firsthand. So it's always useful to have a chat with you all in the corridors, in the hallways, in rooms, etc., etc., and have these direct inputs from you because, otherwise, we isolate ourselves, right? If we don't get that input directly from you, we are not able to assess different situations firsthand.

So I am encourage you and I urge you to establish these communication channels with us, not only with me – I'm including you all in this part; I'm sorry for that – but with all by Board colleagues because I know they share this sentiment and they share this objective. We really want to be a Board that is close to the community, that is interacting with the community, and that you actually feel what we are, which is also part of the community.

The third issue I want to touch open is that, yes, we are looking into diversity. Having a chair from Europe and a vice-chair from Latin America is, I think, a good way of showing that we are committed to that. We still don't have that gender balance as we would want. We're still a Board that is majorly formed by men, but we do have very valuable women amongst us. We are almost reaching the balance but we're still short two or three women from reaching that balance. So I would encourage your RALO to put women's names up through the NomCom and try to get [any support] because that is also something that we need to achieve [inaudible].

Other than that, Sebastien, I would like to wish you a very successful meeting, a very successful assembly. I would like to [inaudible] my gratitude to you all for this opportunity that you are giving me to have the privilege again to continue serving our community and to continue serving you all in my capacity as a Board members. Thank you very much.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

Thank you very much, Leon. Really we want once again to congratulate you but I want to take this opportunity to thank the other Board members who are here. I guess it's a privilege for us to have you here. I'm almost sure it's the first time we are in a Regional At-Large Organization [inaudible] so much members of the Board. Therefore, it's noted and we thank you. We are sure that it's a good way to announce a discussion in the community between you and us. We will take advantage of that. I hope that you too will take advantage of that because we need that in this organization.

Just one point. I will not push too much anyone from Europe to put [their names] [inaudible] because there's no place for European more [on the Board]. But be prepared next year. It's your turn. I hope that will be a lady from Europe that will join the Board in two years. But thank you.

Yes, Olivier?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Point of order. We do have also together again cybercrime with [inaudible], who has joined us for the [inaudible].

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: I need to add that we have also the Chair and the Secretary General of ISOC France, as they are my boss. [inaudible]. Any other business for the people I will introduce at that time. But let's go. To answer one question made by Jean-Jacques Subrenat, we are not late. I am keeping the time. We are on time for the moment. Thank you very much.

Adam, you need to leave? You prefer to have your speaking time now?
Or—

ADAM PEAKE: If I may. Thank you.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: You may, absolutely. Go ahead.

ADAM PEAKE:

Adam Peake from ICANN staff, Global Stakeholder Engagement. The reason I have to leave is because I have to go and help prepare the reception where you will be coming down and then drinking and enjoying the technical community's [inaudible]. So, yeah, I'm here from staff and I want to thank the EURALO team for another year of good work. You're supporting us in our engagement [inaudible] You are very important part of that, whether it's leadership through things like the EuroDIG activities, SEEDIG activities, all of the national IGFs, where we share outreach across the board European region. Sometimes [inaudible] that our region overlaps with the Asia-Pacific, but we manage and we survive. It's always a pleasure to have you with us because you provide the voice that we have provided, which is that of our community and how ICANN goes about making its policy. That comes from you, not from the staff.

There will be a series of events, also ongoing in 2020, which we look forward to seeing you at. The first will be, I think, in January in Brussels at the CPDP, confusingly PDPs again, which is the Computer Privacy and Data Protection Conference, where [Joanna Kulesza] will be with us, I think. We're arranging this at the moment. So this work will continue for the next year.

We'll also missing Jean-Jacques Subrenat (JJS Junior) [as he has known] here as well. So that will be a position that's filled over the coming months. So we'll have a new vice-president for Europe joining for you to engage with.

Other than that, thank you very much. Continue the good work. Thank you. Welcome, Sebastien, outgoing Chair. Thank you for everything. Join us downstairs in 45 minutes for a drink and finger good, I think. Thank you.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

Thank you very much, Adam. I would like also to thank you because you help and us and support EURALO with your colleague from Global Stakeholder Engagement. I will take this time to also thank the staff of At-Large.

As you see, Gisella Gruber is with us today. It's [not by accident]. She's taking the responsibility to help us. She will have much more work than with the previous chair because I am not knowledgeable with how to run RALOs and I have to learn a lot. We will learn together. Thank you for coming and thank you for [inaudible].

With that, may I give you the floor, Mr. Ex-Chair?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you very much, Mr. Chair. [inaudible] same two words at the moment. I just wanted to take you quickly through the adoption of the meeting minutes from the last [inaudible] general assembly that took place in Barcelona last year. As you know, we don't have minutes. What we have is transcripts and recordings of the whole general assembly. There's a link in the agendas, which I hope you've all had a chance to look at in the past five minutes. I hope you've been able to read the 90 minutes of general assembly transcripts that are there. The adoption I

guess is that these transcripts and the recordings are correct according to what was said. Unless there was a technical problem, which there wasn't, I would ask for your adoption of those transcripts and recordings.

Is anyone against?

Any abstentions?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Now you see he is taking even the role of chair.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Is it [inaudible] for you to do this?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Go ahead, sir. Thank you. The minutes are adopted, and I give you back the floor because now you have the substantive work to give us the report of the annual work of EURALO from the last fiscal year.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Mr. Chair. Last year, we had our general assembly in October, and the of course we're [now] talking about the time from November 2018 until this October 2019. We have a full report on our activities. I'm not going to read through the whole thing. It's eight pages long. But I will just speak about a few points, particularly about the actual structure of the report itself.

The first thing that I would invite you to read is our EURALO monthly reports. I'm aware that the last one is from August this year. The last two are still in production. But that provides you with monthly updates about the different calls that EURALO has had and the different activities that have taken place at EURALO. There's a link to those calls on the wiki that is given in the report. I will give you a month-by-month update and so on.

EURALO representations. Of course, we've had quite a few changes from the previous year to that year. Sebastien Bachollet was ALAC at the time, and Bastiaan Goslings was selected for a second term, and Joanna Kulesza was selected by the Nominating Committee for [inaudible] the AGM 2020. Unfortunately, Joanna was not able to join us here. Matthias was selected by EURALO to serve on the ALAC started from this period, from AGM 2019 to AGM 2021. So, welcome, Matthias. The seat that Matthias too was, I guess, Sebastien's seat. Sebastien has become the EURALO Chair. You all know about this.

We have quite a number of representatives in other seats and other positions of responsibility. Erich Schweighofer is our representative on the NomCom. He is also in his second year on this, after the first exciting year, I guess, on that committee. Yrjo Lansipuro was renewed by the ALAC for – is it another year or two years? – to be our GAC liaison of the ALAC. Andrey Kolesnikov, who unfortunately couldn't make it today, has also remained the SSAC liaison (The Security and Stability Advisory Committee liaison).

So it's great that we have quite a number of Europeans that are in these key positions that are very important for not only EURALO but of course the ALAC and the whole At-Large community as a whole.

I should also recognize the work of Wale Bakare, who was our secretary until this AGM and who unfortunately couldn't make it either. Unfortunately, he couldn't make it to the last meeting of the ALAC due to work reasons. Wale and I have worked for these past few years quite extensively. It was great to have him by our side.

EURALO and EuroDIG. I think that many of you have been attending EuroDIG, which is basically the European IGF. EURALO is a EuroDIG partner, so it's important that we continue this involvement. I'm sure that Sebastien will continue taking on the flag and working with EuroDIG. I happen to be also a [founder] member. I think Sebastien is also a [founder] member of EuroDIG, so it's great to see that we continue working very closely with EuroDIG.

There is some mention of CROP trips. In previous years, we had Community Regional Outreach Program trips for EuroDIG. This year, we decided upon not having any specialized trip for EuroDIG but using those slots for a SEEDIG (South Eastern Europe Dialogue on Internet Governance). As you know, we have a lot of western Europeans in our ranks but not enough involvement from eastern Europe. It is improving with time. I do recognize that there are a few new faces around the table from that part of Europe, like [Mattay Vesta], for example, who came in very recently. Hopefully we'll see more involvement. Of course, we have [Natalia Vidina] from Russia, who has immediately assumed a

secretar[iat] position. So it's great that we're slowly readjusting the balance, but there's still more work to do.

Outreach and in-reach. I think we might hear a little bit more about this from Matthias a little bit later on. We do have a number of [inaudible] that have been organized where we made use of some of the discretionary funding that is allocated to the RALO. Roberto Gaetano, the one person who went to the Ukraine Internet Week ... I think they recognized that he was active in quite a number of things there. Of course, we have a number of other instances. I know that [Natalia] was given travel support for the IGF. This year, we missed out on Re:publica.

[inaudible], did you manage to go to Re:publica this year?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Sure.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: You did. Re:publica being a local event here in Berlin. Hopefully, next year we'll be able to do more and be involved more extensively on this.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The deadline for proposal is the 15th of December.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: 15th of December. Okay. So we do need to take note of this and see if we have, what, about 20 days to this item, whether we wish to make a proposal for something there.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Yeah.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, good.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: 25.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: 25. Well, about. I said [inaudible] 20 plus 1. Uh, I don't know what that is. About 20 plus. Then of course we got our goal for one ALS in every country. We're still far from that, but we do have a new At-Large Structure this year that is from a different region, geographically speaking, and that's [Bilka]. I welcome Betty Fausta, who is joining us remotely. That's from [Guadoop]. Thanks to this, we have actually managed to sign an agreement with LACRALO because the LACRALO region is closer time-zone-wise and region-wise. We managed to sign a memorandum with the other RALOS for [Bikla] participants who'll be able to take part both in [inaudible] but also vote in EURALO since this is the region that they've been allocated with.

Collaboration with ICANN Global Stakeholder Engagement. This gentleman over there – yes, a very smiley person. It's great. We've worked really well with [Jean-Jacques] in his group over the year. It's sad for us to see him go. it's also sad that, unfortunately, we couldn't manage to have anyone from [inaudible] Alexandra Kulikova or Natalia

Mochu joining us today, but we have worked extensively with them. There's always good interaction between GSE and us.

One thing I should say is that the great thing perhaps more recently than a few years ago, having been around for so long, is that, when something happens that is organized by Global Stakeholder Engagement in a specific country, we're notified about this in advance. So it's great to be able to involve local At-Large Structures in those activities.

Individual membership. Well, Roberto Gaetano is the current Chair of the Individual Users Association. I think there's been some good, sustained growth. If there hasn't, then it's your fault and we need to do better. No, I think that the system that we have is great and offloads a bit of the pressure for both serving At-Large Structures and individual users by the chair of EURALO and the secretary of EURALO and gets someone in charge of pushing for the individual membership, bearing in mind that the individual membership that was something that was asked for by the At-Large review. We have already started working in this direction before the latest At-Large review. So we're well on our way for individual members.

Our collaboration with RIPE-NCC has been pretty good in that we still exchange information. I'll be very quick. We signed an MOU with RIPE-NCC a couple of years ago, and we are looking to continue our involvement with RIPE. The next thing was then signing this year of our memorandum with CENTR. Several of our representatives attended the CENTR meetings, and we are looking at now the next steps of how we could [inaudible] collaborate with CENTR, CENTER being the Council of European National Top-Level Registries.

Finally, a couple more things. The bylaws review. We finally finished reviewing our bylaws. I should really thank in particular [Floren Hula]. Thank you for having suggested him. It's really great, Erich, that [Floren] has stepped forward and has been really good at helping us with redrafting these.

The [taskforce] on ALS engagement. I think we'll here from Yrjo a little bit later on. The work has gone really well forward. Maybe you'll be able to share some of your hard work on this.

That's it, really. The EURALO hot topics was really one of the triggers to get then At-Large hot topics. It's great that now they're being integrated together with the other RALOs. As far as future general assemblies are concerned, there is a calendar that we're now putting forward one of the future funded general assemblies, where all the EURALO At-Large Structures will be invited and funded to attend. It should take place at a future EuroDIG. That's part of the policy that has been agreed to: that RALOs should also have general assemblies outside the ICANN walls.

So that's the future. We are looking at possibly, at the end of 2021 – not next year's EuroDIG but the one after that. I think that's all I can add. Thank you very much.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you, Olivier. I saw Adam wanted to add something before leaving.

ADAM PEAKE: Yeah. I was just about to leave and you mentioned the ALS in every country. That really reminded me that that is our goal as GSE (the

stakeholder engagement) as well. So that's something we should look at and see how we can [inaudible]. One of the thoughts we have – this probably doesn't fit within the structures and bylaw and procedures – is, if it's not possible to do a country, is it possible to do a sub-region? [inaudible] the table [inaudible]. Would it be possible to do an ALS in a [inaudible] region other than we may not be able to do a country. O that was a thought because what we're leading from that is, as we're developing a European outreach strategy for staff. We haven't done that with EURALO in the past and it is common in some of the other regions. We would like to start to engage with you more on the ICANN staff engagement strategies so that you're part of that. I think five years ago there wasn't much interest, but I think there will be now. So we should try and do that together, I think.

The other note that I made is that one particular goal would be, would you like to start readout sessions? Just a small thing, but something that happens in many other regions is hosting ICANN readouts. I know that's rather specific, but I remembered it, so I thought I'd mention it now.

But a couple of things. ALSes are something that are very much in staff's goals and desires, so we should work closely on that. The other is, let's coordinate more on the overall outreach strategy so that staff and yourselves [inaudible].

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

If I could just add, I should thank GSE for some of the leads that we've been given by GSE on potential new members in eastern Europe. The negotiations and discussions – I shall transfer, of course, all this information to you. But the discussions sometimes take months, if not year. There have been some cases where, after initial contact, it's taken

a year for a [potential] organization to decide finally they want to move forward. But more often than not, now we have the ability to sign someone up as an individual member to start with, relay back to their organization, and then, through their own AGM, decide that they want to take the step forward to be an At-Large Structure or apply for an At-Large Structure. That's it. Thank you.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

Thank you, Olivier. Thank you, Adam. Yes, definitely, Adam, we will work on readout sessions. I think it is a very good idea and it's going very well with the discussion. We will ask how to advance the knowledge about ICANN in the members of our ALS, not on the leaders, who are participating more or less in some discussion on issue. [inaudible] is at least one ALS per country, it's happened that it's gone back because I was the one suggesting that a few years ago. Therefore, now I am in the position that ICANN help with that and we will do it. Thank you very much.

Let's go back to the presentation made by Olivier. Any comments or questions about the report from last year's EURALO? I know that there were [inaudible], as we say in French. A small change needs to be made in the document, but [inaudible] to Olivier [inaudible] two years or three years. But that would be done. Are there any questions? If not – yeah?

ROBERTO GAETANO: I'm just noticing, reading the report, that the EURALO Board was appointed in 2017. We're in 2019. I was just wondering when we are going to have the next cycle.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: It's the cycle that will start immediately after the general assembly after this IGF. We were not able to do everything at the same time, but it's something that we're [inaudible] with that idea to take on that in the next few days, maybe few weeks. But people, at the end of the year, you will hear from us about this topic. I take this opportunity to say, if there are people who are willing to join the Euro Board, just look at what is requested for that. But we will give you the information. Think about that. It will come soon. Thank you, Roberto.

Anyone disagree with the report made by Olivier and are online now?
Anyone abstaining?

Thank you very much. Let's go for our next topic. The next topic is about the bylaws, as Olivier said. I would like to thank again the people who have worked on this new version of the bylaws. We will [inaudible] at the end of this meeting with Olivier and Natalia.

The next phase is to talk about operating moves. Therefore, we will need to set up a working group on that. We will not take the one for the bylaws as the basis, but, if some members who worked on the bylaws would wish to come to a new taskforce to talk about the operating moves, it will be appreciated. I think it's important work that we need to do, just to have some idea of how it's working, having that in the head of the chair. Now I don't have anything and we have no [roots]. Olivier

will give me everything I need to know, but [inaudible] it's written on the document and we agree on that. It will be the next phase of the work. The candidate will be looking for in the next few days or so.

Olivier, please?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you, Sebastien. One of the reasons for operating rules and not bylaws on these is that operating rules are easier to change, and therefore usual things like how do you conduct an election, how do you conduct a meeting, how do you chair things, etc., etc. ... These have to change from time to time. So that's something which so far has just bene passed on by word of mouth. I've learned everything from Wolf Ludwig over several glasses of wine and some discussion. Now of course Sebastien doesn't drink, so that's a bit of a problem for me.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: I can't[inaudible]together [inaudible] anymore.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: [inaudible]. We still [inaudible] in other ways.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you, Olivier. Any question on that topic?

Okay, thank you. The next topic is how to enhance [EURALO] participation in policy discussion. You know, Olivier [inaudible] that there was a review of At-Large, and then one of the questions was how

to involve more of the members of our ALSes and the individual members to the policy discussion. I think we need to address this topic.

My suggestion – it’s just a suggestion to open the discussion – is that we may wish to participate as EURALO in the comment period open and not wait for the ALAC to make a comment and participate with this comment to have the voice of European users made on the topic we wish to. We will not ever be obliged to do everyone’s comments, but some of them could be interested, specifically for EURALO>

My thinking here is that, to be short, ALAC must give advice to the Board, and the RALO could be the one in charge of the work at the level of the comments. If it happens that we agree among the RALOs, we can make joint comments. It will be to help ALAC focus on global topics and more important subjects. We will focus on policy. That’s something I bring to you. We will have an opportunity to discuss it again.

One question on that is that, with the [inaudible] very important topic we will have in the next few months is that, for people who wish to participate in this thinking, it would be great to start to take the role of penholder because those comments will be useful. The fact that Europe could be one voice [for] users could also enhance our [role] and therefore [inaudible] the participation of more people within this type of discussion.

Any questions or comments on this specific topic?

One of the reasons I am pushing for that is that, even if we weren’t so much European participants who were ATLAS III, now we [have] more people aware of how policy is working and it could be good to use those

people to help us with that. If you are interested, before doing anything for EURALO, you must participate in the leadership of Olivier Crepin-Leblond and Jonathan Zuck, who are co-chairing the Community Policy Working Group, who is—

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Consolidated.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Consolidated Policy Working Group, which is happening once a week for 60 or 90 minutes. It's the best place to learn what is happening in various policy issues in ICANN. Therefore, I [inaudible] and we will be able to discuss again this issue. [inaudible] same topic, remember that you may have received a Doodle to decide when the next meeting will take place or when the monthly call will take place. We want to make sure, with all those new people coming, they are not [inaudible] by the one previously participating in those calls. These [inaudible].

Olivier, please?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you, Mr. Chair. One of the questions is, how do you join the Consolidated Policy Working Group? Do you just e-mail staff and At-Large at ICANN.org? Or how does it work?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: You are the one who knows them. Maybe you can answer your question, please.

OLVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Maybe Gisella? Do people have to e-mail staff if they have to join? Or how does it work?

GISELLA GRUBER: If you would like to join the CPWG (Consolidated Policy Working Group), yes, please do e-mail staff to be added to the [inaudible].

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you, Gisella. Thank you, Olivier.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Many people are just on the mailing list and not following all the calls, but it is a very interesting one because that's where all the policy discussions take place. It's just policy, policy, policy. [inaudible].

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you. With that, I think the next topic is relatively linked to what we are discussing—

JEAN-JACQUES SUBRENAT: Hello, Sebastien? This is Jean-Jacques.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: part of the [inaudible] knowledge of each and every ALSes and [inaudible] participating in those ALSes would be great. I will give the floor to Yrjo and [Daniel] to talk about to us about the EURALO ALS engagement taskforce. Yrjo, please?

YRJO LANSIPURO: Thank you, Mr. Chair. I have [new] copies on paper about what I'm going to say. Perhaps [inaudible].

Anyway, a couple of years ago, we started [going blind] [inaudible] the recommendations from ATLAS II. [inaudible]. The recommendations say that [inaudible] the expertise available to ALSes and try to use that expertise in policy work. That was done. [inaudible] list. Here's a link. That list [inaudible] At-Large [model] [inaudible]. We have [inaudible] comments from the ALSes from the resident experts of the [inaudible] ALSes.

To [inaudible] is a lot of work because you just don't send out a survey and wait for the results. [inaudible] Olivier did quite a job by using [inaudible] type of program so that each representatives of the ALSes [or] individuals contacted for this. Then they will contact them a second time and a third time until we finally get the answer on whether you have experts in your chapter in various issues that are in ICANN's remit. And [are they right] to participate in this policy work? [inaudible]

I think that we should update [this piece] annually. Also, we should keep that in mind when we get the public comments and other statements and requests so that we actually automatically send this request also to

those members who have indicated interest and expertise on that survey.

A couple of other things. Some ALAC meetings [inaudible] ALSes have their own interests and they aren't interested in ICANN issues. That's understandable. ALSes, of course, are preexisting organizations. They have been formed about certain Internet [inaudible] issues being [inaudible] or legal information or [inaudible] many of us have ISOC chapters, [inaudible].

So I would say that [inaudible] ICANN-related topics may not be the main problems of the ALSes. They still carry the ICANN flag on the national [inaudible]. [They] participate in local and national multi-stakeholder activities [inaudible], which they do, being part of organizing [inaudible] IGF [inaudible]. They still, as I said, carry the flag [inaudible].

So, from the RALO [inaudible], we should actually try to help the [report] of the local multi-stakeholder Internet governance structures and also learn from them how they [inaudible] the ICANN and non-ICANN-related interests to together.

Of course, we also have to remember that ALSes exist in countries with different [inaudible] [assistance], and some present a more a difficult environment than others.

The third point is that, in Montreal, we had this ALAC/GAC joint meeting [inaudible]. There was an excellent suggestion from Ricardo Holmquist from LACRALO that we should deepen the At-Large/GAC contacts and cooperation. They now exist on a global level. Actually, we should bring

them to the regional and even local level. That would mean that there could actually be a dialogue between the At-Large Structures. ALSes can be welcome representatives to the GAC. From those countries where such dialogue exists, I can assure you that it's very helpful. It's helpful most of all [to] the GAC reps because most of them are pretty unexperienced. This is not their main job. They don't have too much time for ICANN-related issues. If somehow a dialogue can be started between the At-Large Structures and the [ministry] that is in charge for the Internet governance issues in a country, I'm [not] sure it will be beneficial.

So what I'm saying here is that this is something that we should start to map. We should make a survey about what kind of relations exist today between the ALAC and the ALSes and the other stakeholders, not forgetting other stakeholders. I especially would like to concentrate on the GAC because, at that meeting in Montreal, the GAC Chair commented this idea favorably. She said that policy interest [inaudible] and we should perhaps have an intercessional effort to further develop it. So we should really take this opportunity.

Of course – last point – we have to keep in mind that there is actually something called the stakeholder analysis tool, developed by [GAC leadership] so that it goes not only [inaudible] cc managers and registries and so on and so forth. I will stop here. Thanks.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you, Yrjo.

NATALIA:

I have some additional words. You know we're doing a lot with regard, for example, to [inaudible] association. Here in EURALO we're doing a lot to improve our membership. Now I want to say, not just secretary of EURALO but also as a member of the Outreach and Engagement Committee and the Capacity Building Working Group, that I want to pay your attention on your [updates] and future opportunities to be together in all our of our activities because I think now we need to understand which way is the best for us for this time to grow our ranks. Or maybe the capacity building way is the best one.

We are looking for new people or new ALSes on the local level, but I think we may extract more expertise and bring it to the ICANN policy building process. After the words from Leon, I can say on our level that you're always welcome to give us feedback to say how we can collaborate more effectively. Please share, as Yrjo said, your experience and explain to people at the local level who and how they can be involved in the ICANN ecosystem and our work.

I can say that it was a great year with all of you for me and for us, hopefully, and full of decisions and new people which we can meet and see each other during the other three weeks in Montreal. I'm so glad to see a new wave of interest in ALAC and At-Large. So we're [inaudible].

Thank you very much. My big respect to all of you and our Board members who always support and give us all the attention [inaudible]. Thank you very much.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

Thank you, Natalia. Thank you, Yrjo. Any questions or comments?

Oxana, please?

OXANA: Thank you very much. I have comment. I fully support the proposition to involve national IGFs, but national use is even more important in this direction. Maybe you can collaborate on a communications strategy for national use of IGF to promote ICANN and At-Large and to involve very actively.

NATALIA: I think we can note this [inaudible] in our work on a communications strategy. Thank you, Oxana.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yeah. That's a good idea, Oxana. Thank you very much for bringing that to the table. I think that [Julia] that was felt that was [inaudible].

[JULIA]: Exactly. As you know – sorry. Good evening to everybody. [Julia Morris] from [inaudible] of the ALSes. We are a little bit less active as EURALO but we're still active [inaudible]. As you know, we operate the Youth IGF movement, where [inaudible] countries are present. So we'll be happy to [inaudible] as well as with experience, as with capacity building, because one of the objectives is to bring the capacities to the young people in order to help them and strengthen the capacity building [inaudible].

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you, [Julia]. Any other comments?

Thank you. Then let's go to Item #10. If I am—

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Do you want to give the floor to—

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yeah, if we can [inaudible], that's in your hands, Olivier.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Well, let's try and find out. I've unmuted the speakers, so I don't know who you wish to give the floor to.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Jean-Jacques, you want to say a few words, please?

JEAN JACQUES SUBRENAT: Hello? Can you hear me? This is Jean-Jacques speaking.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yes. Go ahead.

JEAN-JACQUES SUBRENAT: Hello, all. No, I wanted to speak earlier on just to support your idea, Sebastien, about EURALO giving individual, let's say, comments for public comment periods when that is warranted from our point of view. That's all. Thank you.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you very much, Jean-Jacques. Thank you for your support. I guess that the second one was ...

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Betty.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Betty. Betty, if can try and you wish to talk, go ahead.

BETTY FAUSTA: It's okay, Sebastien. I just put a writing in the chat. It is about, for the new ALS or new member of At-Large, that we can mention [elder] mentorship to help us to have more engagement. I'm interested in the discussion on policy. So I just need an elder mentor in EURALO to help me to participate.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Okay. Thank you very much, Betty. We will try to set up that mentor. Then let's go to the next. Matthias, please, go ahead. You have just five minutes. We give you ten—

MATTHIAS HUDOBNIK: I'm always quick.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Great. That's good. Thank you very much.

MATTHIAS HUDOBNIK: Thank you, Mr. Chair. Since I was a Co-Chair of the Sub-Committee for Outreach and Engagement, I have the pleasure to give you a brief overview about our FY20 outreach and engagement [inaudible]. As Olivier mentioned, the term is from July 2019 to July 2020. Please also keep in mind that it's a kind of living document and we always approve the [inaudible]. We had a call on the [14th] of June, 2019, where we decided we are on some main events. I will start with past ones. We had ICANN [inaudible], which was [inaudible] in October from the 7th until the 8th, 2019. Then we had the RIPE meeting [inaudible] Rotterdam, which was from the 14th until the 18th of October, then of course the ICANN 66 meeting in Montreal and now the IGF, which is currently underway.

For the next events, which Adam already mentioned, an important event is the CPDP conference. It's the like the data protection/artificial intelligence event in Brussels, which will be from the 22nd until the 24th of January. Then the next one which we want to focus on is Re:publica, which will be in Berlin again in May 2020, from the 6th until the 8th of May [inaudible] together with ICANN or with the support of ICANN. It depends on funding opportunities. Then we have the RIPE meeting in

Berlin in May, from the 11th to the 15th of 2020 and the RightsCon in Costa Rica, which will be from the 9th until the 12th of June. Then, of course, the EuroDIG meeting in Trieste, which will be on the 10th until the 12th of June, 2020, and the SEEDIG, which will be in Moldova. We do not have an exact day, but it should be in May 2020.

Generally speaking, we have [inaudible] available for this financial year. We used one CROP here for the IGF in Berlin, so we have two left. On the call, we did a preselection where we said we are planning to go to Re:publica as one potentially [inaudible] because it's a small [blogger] event which is now the biggest conference regarding digitalization in Europe. There's also a lot of young community there. So it's not focused on Internet governance, but I think there's a lot of potential there. So this would be one idea. The second one is to obviously stay also with the classic path [inaudible] EuroDIG or SEEDIG for the third CROP slot.

Then I just want to thank again Olivier also for your support in my role and also to the other people that are helping. I hope we can go on with this full work. I'm open to be asked any questions. Thank you very much.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you, Matthias. Any additional [inaudible], Olivier?

No? Okay.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: No. That's fine. Thank you very much, Matthias.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Okay. Thank you for your report. I must say that, when you made the list of events where will need to participate, we need ATLASes to take onboard some of this because we don't have the budget for doing all that and we will have to either ask the Board for more money or to find a way to do it by ourselves. For example, I reason that [inaudible] in Germany, we must rely on the local people because we will not have any. When you look to the money, we stay on the discretionary funding. It's almost all gone, then we have to be careful.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: [inaudible]

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yeah. Two CROPs will be very small when you make all those lists, except that Costa Rica is not yet in our region. We will eventually get there but not with [CROP]. Thank you.

Yes, Heidi, you're right. There is discretionary funding available, but not so much anymore. The new [challenge] is to do with a very small amount of money for the rest of the year. That's okay. No worries.

Let's go to Any Other Business. I have more than five minutes for Any Other Business – seven minutes – and I have four items. Therefore, I will start with the first one. It's to give the floor to our ombudsman. Herb, please? Can you/will you/won't you? Merci [inaudible].

HERB WAYE:

Hello, everybody. Herb Waye, the ICANN ombudsman. It's really nice that we're not forgetting to sit with the people in this multi-stakeholder model. The At-Large community is not somebody that I get to see very often other than, of course, the three ICANN meetings.

As you know, the office of the ombudsman is one of the three mechanisms for accountability – the informal one. Myself and my adjunct – Barb Curwin – are there for you for the expected standards of behavior and, of course, the new community anti-harassment policy.

But more importantly, as what everybody sees as the go-between between the community and the Board or ICANN org and for actions and inactions that have taken place as an informal, independent mediator, if you wish, it's also between members of your community and leadership, where I can be a resource that's available for you.

I hear you talking about reviewing your rules of procedures and bylaws and things like nominating your membership to various positions in the community, whether it be appointing to committees, choosing leadership for your working groups, and so on. There's a lot of stuff that's happening today that is based on rules of procedure and bylaws and processes that were written 5, 10, or 15 years ago, and they don't apply to today's reality. That creates bumps in the road. So, rather than being reactive when things start going wrong or you see the conflict coming down the road at you or you see a procedure that isn't quite right and doesn't fit today's circumstances, I would invite you to get my office right in the beginning as an informal resource, as an external set of eyes, that can talk to your leadership teams, that can work with your various working groups, and look at things as an outsider to make sure

that, with the new rules of procedures, or if there are no rules available for something that you're doing, I can look at it and help coach you through whether or not it's fair for your community members or the people that might be involved.

So, rather than being reactive and taking it on as an investigation, I can either, right at the beginning, work with your leadership teams or your community members to determine whether the steps that you're taking are actually appropriate for the situation and work for today's times. So, I'm not just there when things go off the rails. My office – Barbara Curwin and I – are also there for you to make sure that things stay on the rails.

I'm at all the ICANN meetings. This is a great opportunity for me to be at one of your At-Large meetings. I wish you all good luck [inaudible] with your new year [inaudible] for the support that I've received and the work we've done together over the last little while. Let's keep those lines of communication open. I'm there for you as a resource, and I hope that you have a very prosperous year with your ALSes and the work that you're doing and wish you all the best of luck. Thank you for the moment to speak.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

Thank you very much, Mr. Ombudsman. Thank you, Herb. In fact, I see that you are going even [ahead] of the implementation of Work Stream 2, and that's great. Sometimes we don't need that support in making any decision, but people can move this thing in the right direction and it's always good to hear you. I am very happy that you take onboard the

question of the election because I think it was one of the major troubles we may face if we don't take into account that in the future of this [inaudible]. But thank you for your inputs.

Now I want to give the floor to invitees you don't know about. Jennifer and [Claire], if you can take the floor. They are working for [inaudible]. It's a [inaudible] of [Paris]. I had a chat with them two or three days ago, and I was thinking that the project they're announcing could be of interest to some ALSes. They will have a very short time to make a pitch about that. If you want more information, they will be available after the meeting. Please go ahead.

[CLAIRE]:

Thank you, Sebastien. Thank you, everyone, for your time. I'm going to pass around some flyers about this tool, which has my contact information on the back. [inaudible] is a not-for-profit, independent [inaudible]. We're also an organizing member of IGF France. [Seriously] is a project to empower individual Internet users to respond to online hateful conduct. As you know, hateful and harmful conduct are major issues at this year's IGF. [Seriously] works in collaboration with both technical and legal innovations in [inaudible] by encouraging an individual Internet user [inaudible]. The platform right now is multi-stakeholder in the sense that it has the initiative of researchers of the social media platforms and experts in issues of hateful content, of educators, and of associations and [responders]. This tool right now exists and responds to French content specifically. It is only in French at this moment, but the idea is that this is a method that has proven its value in French context. It could perhaps be internationalized and

disseminated internationally at your local level a local structures that resemble this French model. So I would be grateful for your [inaudible] as ICANN ALS and how this might respond to some of your [inaudible]. Thank you.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you, [Claire]. Any questions?

Okay. I think with the brochures you have [inaudible] you can read it. I am sure that, in the next few days, [Claire] will be available if you wish to talk to her. If you have her contact, it will be great if you can be engaged with [inaudible] [Americans] on that topic [inaudible]

[MARIA]: No. Sorry. [inaudible] around the world, which is not from Europe but from Indonesia. They are doing something quite similar, but [inaudible], so I think there is a [inaudible] place and space to [inaudible]. This is that. For those who are interested, this is [bull.id] but it's more for the Asia-Pacific region and not really for Europe for the moment.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you, [Maria].

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Mr. Chair?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yes, Olivier, please?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you. There was a question online from [Joann Frenchesk] asking if we can we send a flyer picture. Do you have this flyer online?

[CLAIRE]: Yes. We can send this [inaudible] materials.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Send the materials. Yes. Okay.

[CLAIRE]: [inaudible]. If you want to share with her my e-mail address, then I can send her. I would be happy to.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you, Olivier. Jean-Jacque, you wanted to say a few words before I close the meeting? Please take the floor.

JEAN-JACQUES SUBRENAT: Thank you, Sebastien. Actually, I sent you a private message on this chat board to ask if you would like me to say a couple of words on this

initiative by Tim Berners-Lee, which is called the – what is it called exactly? It's called the contract for the web. I'm just giving you here the link so that people interested could look this up.

I would perhaps suggest that EURALO examine the possibility of becoming perhaps the first entity within ICANN to actually subscribe to this, meaning to sign up its support for this initiative. I think it's a very timely thing, which you can look up on the web. Thank you.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

Thank you, Jean-Jacques, for your suggestion. We will work with the Board on that issue in the next few days.

Any other topics you want to bring up?

Therefore, I want to close, but before closing, I really want to thank Olivier for his chairmanship during so many years now. No, serious. But as you know, I've followed EURALO since its [inception], as I was one of the founding members. Olivier was, first, a great chair of ALAC and then a great secretariat and then a great chair of EURALO. I hope that he will stand around, not to bother us too much but to help us. I am sure that he will do that. If you have any questions, any [inaudible] sometimes, go to Olivier. He will be able to answer and to help you. My point is thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you, everyone. [inaudible] so much. If you have any complaints, you can speak to Herb. [inaudible]. Or you can also blame Sebastien because it is because of Sebastien hosting the 2008 ICANN meeting in

Paris that ICANN came to France, to a country close to where I was. I knew about ICANN ever since its inception, but, from the very beginning, I refused to do anything with ICANN for the first eight years, especially after the 2000 elections or 2002 elections [inaudible].

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: 2000.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: 2000. So I said, “No, this is an organization I’m never going to [be a part of],” until I arrived in Paris and [inaudible]. So thank you, Sebastien, for having done all this. Of course, the second blame for Sebastien is to do with becoming ALAC Chair because he was one of the paper that called me and said, “By the way, welcome. Well-done for agreeing to be ALAC Chair.” I said, “Well, wait a minute. I haven’t agreed yet.” He goes, “Well, you have.” So there you are. So you are aware of the three people that called. It was Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Alan Greenberg, and Sebastien, who [inaudible] and that was it. So that’s it. But it was absolutely great to be part of this community, and I still remain part of this community.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you, Olivier.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: There’s only one [failure] that I’ve had so far, and I’m hoping that some of my colleagues will hear me. It’s that the ISOC UK/England Internet

Society Chapter, of which I'm the Chair, has not managed to be convinced to join as an At-Large Structure, which is very, very strange indeed. But there you go. It just happens to be the case. But hopefully at some point we'll be able to join.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Hopefully. Thank you. Ron, please?

RON DA SILVA: I wanted to add to the accolades for Olivier. Tomorrow we have the [inaudible] music night. For those of you that haven't been to these, these are fascinating and exciting opportunities for the community to come together and relax and enjoy a little music together. But what probably isn't well known is the orchestrator behind all the logistics together and helping secure and ensuring the success of these events: Olivier. So [inaudible].

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you very much. Thank you, everyone online. I recognize that you participated in this meeting. Thank you, everyone in the room. Sorry for having not enough of a big room to seat everybody. But thank you for participating. Have a good next day in the IGF. See you soon. Bye-bye, everybody. The meeting is closed. Thank you very much.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]