
Yeşim Nazlar:

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome to the At-Large Regional Leadership Call taking place on Monday, 16th of September 2019 at 15:00 UTC. On our call today on the English channel we have Eduardo Diaz, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Maureen Hilyard, Sébastien Bachollet, Daniel Nanghaka, Hanan Khatib, Satish Babu, and Lianna Galstyan. On the Spanish channel we have Sergio Salinas Porto and Harold Arcos. Currently, we don't have anyone on the French channel. We have received apologies from Judith Hellerstein and Wale Bakare. And from Staff side, we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Alperen Eken, and myself, Yeşim Nazlar.

We'll have Spanish and French interpretation for today's call and our Spanish interpreters are Veronica and David, and our French interpreters are Claire and Jacques. And before we start, just a kind reminder to please state your names before speaking, not only for the transcription but also for the interpretation purposes as well, please.

Now I'd like to leave the floor back to you, Eduardo. Thank you very much.

Eduardo Diaz:

Thank you so much, Yeşim. This is Eduardo. Welcome everyone again. Is everybody in accord with the Agenda the way it is, or should we change anything? [inaudible] I'm sorry. I missed that one. [inaudible] Yeah, but who is speaking?

Heidi Ullrich:

Seun. He's just saying he's on the call. Thank you, Seun.

Eduardo Diaz:

Thank you so much. So, just to give you an overall view of what we're going to discuss today, and I'm pretty sure we will be able to do it all in this meeting, we have a couple of Action Items that we didn't cover on our last meeting last Monday and there's a couple of them that came up from Marrakech. We have an ATLAS III Update, some results from the ATRT3, specific things that are going to happen in ICANN66 and ATLAS III. Maureen, I don't know if Maureen... Yeah, Maureen is here.

There's an item about individual members rights and expectations that Maureen is going to cover. Then update on the next RALO General Assembly schedules for FY21 and 24, which I believe Staff's going to cover that. And see if we can start working on the Agenda that we're going to have for the meeting on November 2, I believe, in the morning in Montreal. So, are there any questions about this?

If not, let's review the couple of actions that were left off from last time. It is LACRALO to consider in their FY20 Outreach and Engagement plans for travel to include going to RightsCon. This is an Action Item for LACRALO but the reason I put it here is just we, and when I'm saying we I believe all the regions might be interested in how LACRALO is planning to do here, maybe we can want to do the same thing in each of our regions.

So, if Sergio is online, if you can tell us something about this and if you have some kind of timeline or points, what are you planning to do in LACRALO? Oh, okay, I don't know. Harold, if you can hear me, you may be one to add to this in the meantime when Sergio comes in. When

Sergio comes in, we can fill out the gaps. There is something. Let's move on and we get Sergio or Harold on...

Harold Arcos: This is Harold for the record. I apologize for that, but I was having some issues. I will speak now.

Eduardo Diaz: Go ahead.

Yeşim Nazlar: Eduardo?

Eduardo Diaz: We're waiting for Harold to speak.

Harold Arcos: This is Harold speaking. For the RightsCon issue, I have already talked to the RALO Chair. Sergio has met with Rodrigo de la Parra on the participation of the region. And [inaudible]. And we expect the participation of some ALSes that are in Costa Rica where the venue will be. We can no longer hear Harold.

Eduardo Diaz: Okay, so I guess what Harold's saying is he contacted... Oh, go ahead. Well, this is Eduardo. From what I heard, I'm not sure.

Harold Arcos: This is Harold speaking again. This phase is one of the most important ones on the issue of the participation and the participation profile of many of the ALSes in our region. However, not all the ALSes have had the opportunity to travel and to participate and bring proposals. That's why we believe it is very important to have these preparations or this sort of induction for participation within RightsCon because it is an important step forward in ICANN giving not only sponsorship but also a more semantic interest within the debate, the MultiStakeholder debate we are having in the ICANN space.

So, we also wanted to assess the possibility of not only to bring one representative, one ALS, but actually to bring several proposals and other ALSes that are related to RightsCon's issues.

Eduardo Diaz: Okay, thank you Harold. This is Eduardo. I do have a question for you. When you say proposals, what do you mean, sending proposals where? ICANN, to RightsCon, the Regional VP, who?

Harold Arcos: This is Harold for the record. I mean RightsCon, that is all ALSes or the most active ALSes on these issues addressed in the RightsCon's Agenda can bring proposals for presentations and all of these in the framework of the ICANN ecosystem's engagement. So, the proposals would be for RightsCon.

Eduardo Diaz: Okay, thank you so much. I misunderstood you. Thank you, Harold. The next Action Item has to do with the RightsCon and apparently came from the same discussion that we had in Marrakech, and it's that ALAC and RALOs to consider and collaborate future RightsCon activities. Do all of us know what RightsCon is all about? Okay, so if I don't hear any answers to my question that means that we know what RightsCon is all about.

I would like to know, get a feeling for how many RALOs have participated in RightsCon and why? Not really, Maureen, not really. You don't know what RightsCon is?

Satish Babu: Eduardo, this is Satish.

Eduardo Diaz: Yes, go ahead Satish.

Satish Babu: So, last year I had submitted proposals to RightsCon. It was accepted but they couldn't provide funding so finally I couldn't go. But, RightsCon is a very respected conference. It covers the issues that are close to the end users and communities. So, I would promote a kind of joint collaboration between ALAC and RALOs, if it's possible to submit at least one joint proposal. Thank you.

Eduardo Diaz: Okay. So, my question is are we talking here about just sending proposals or are we talking here about participating as part of that event? Is participation to that event restricted? Satish?

Satish Babu: Thanks, Eduardo. Satish for the record. It is open unless you are looking for funding from them. They have some fellowships, so otherwise if you can pay your own fare, it is kind of open. So, I thought LACRALO was going to be sending someone to the meeting, to the conference. If so, we can think of submitting proposals if they get short listed, if we get slots. And since it is in Latin America, I think it's likely to be in Spanish. So, best that our friends from LACRALO attend on our behalf.

Eduardo Diaz: Okay, so this is, Satish, this is for you to... So, do you have any idea how we can collaborate on the RALOs and ALAC, which way we should do this? Because this thing moves around the world every year to different regions.

Satish Babu: Right, so last year it was in Tunisia. So, I think we should take this offline because it depends on the team of the particular conference. So, we can plan something around that team, then we can ask the interested RALO to participate to come together and submit a joint proposal.

Eduardo Diaz: Okay, that's a good idea. I have Olivier who put his hand up. Thank you, Satish.

Olivier Crépin-Leblond: Yeah, thanks very much, Eduardo. Olivier Crépin-Leblond speaking. A couple of years ago RightsCon took place in Europe, so we used a CROP slot if I recall correctly. It was a long time ago for that. And then last year it was in Africa, so I guess, the AFRALO did something and they were involved with this. And this year, it's somewhere else. So, every year it's somewhere else. I guess it's great to be able to coordinate and come up with a concerted proposal between RALOs. I think I would support that.

But when it comes down to funding, I don't think we have any chance of funding outside the usual CROP. So, it's down to the region in which the RightsCon is taking place that has to use one of their CROP spots for that. And I understand that there is support from ICANN because ICANN does go to RightsCon. So, you know that now the CROP are such that you need to only go to meetings which are somehow supported or promoted by ICANN and this one is one of the meetings that is promoted by ICANN. Thank you.

Eduardo Diaz: Thank you, Olivier. Harold?

Heidi Ullrich: Eduardo, this is Heidi.

Eduardo Diaz: Heidi, go ahead.

Heidi Ullrich: His hands up. I'll go after Harold.

Eduardo Diaz: Okay, Harold please.

Harold Arcos: This is Harold for the record. Thank you, Heidi, for letting me speak before. So, Eduardo, let us remember now that right now, ICANN has an important strategic line to approach these issues that seemed very far away from our ecosystem before. However, and understanding that RightsCon is also sponsored by ICANN for quite some time now, it would be appropriate to have to look at the possibility to obtain funding or extra support as we have discussed in the proposal to bring, maybe not one, but have two ALSes that will participate.

And this time, it is in our region and in our region, there's the [inaudible] that there are several events and several activities and some ALSes with an economic muscle can have access to them, but not all. So, we need to look for more diversity in our region, as well as in all others, so we want to reach all of those debates and all of those events. So, that's why there's a need for support to continue and to progress, not only with one but with other participants in ALSes in activities such as RightsCon without this effecting our Annual Budget for regional participation

which is also several activities as well as in other RALOs, as you know.
Thank you.

Eduardo Diaz: Thank you, Harold. Just to close this discussion, I just want to wrap it up.
Basically...

Heidi Ullrich: Eduardo?

Eduardo Diaz: Oh, I'm sorry. Heidi, sorry.

Heidi Ullrich: Sorry, just really quickly.

Eduardo Diaz: Go ahead.

Heidi Ullrich: Just really quickly, I wonder if given the interest across all RALOs, whether we should create a Work Space for RightsCon similar to what we do for the IGF annually, so we can track what's being done every year and who's going, and it just might be more to have some background on it and to just follow on where the activities are each year might be of use.

And then secondly, Harold, keep in mind that in addition to CROP, LAFRALO also has access to the RALO Discretionary Funding and that might be of particular use to ALS Representatives in the Central American Region, or those particularly in Costa Rica, who might just need a hotel and any kind of registration costs, etcetera. So, thank you, Eduardo.

Eduardo Diaz:

Thank you so much, Heidi. I think the idea of the Wiki is a good idea, just to have experience and information there. The way I see this, there are two ways you can go there. One, if you get funded to go there as a participant to the event and the second way is what Satish mentioned, is to send a proposal for a presentation of some sort, and I think there is a third way to have a fellowship that I don't think you have to be there to be a presenter. I think it's about three ways.

So, this is happening in Costa Rica this time. This will be in the LACRALO Region alone. I'm not sure when the next one is. I think it's on the website. I have seen it but I'm not sure where it is. In any case, what we should do is we should start, like Satish said, if it's important to the AP Region then we can [inaudible] the AP Region to see how we can help the AP to go there, participate, and other regions are interested in going.

So, let's get this active and discuss this going forward in this meeting just to clean, so we keep it and knowing where this is going and what other RALOs are doing around this. This okay?

Heidi Ullrich: Eduardo, this is Heidi. Would you also like LACRALO to have a continuous report on their activities this year back to this group?

Eduardo Diaz: Yeah, sure. Sure, on this item.

Heidi Ullrich: Yes, and so we can... Some Action Items coming from this is that Staff will create a Wiki Space and LACRALO will find out if they can bring more people and then just continuous feedback on their activities there.

Eduardo Diaz: Yeah, I think it's a good idea. This is of interest to all the RALOs so the more information we have the better it is and the more cooperation we can have between each other. It's great. Thank you.

I have ATRT3 Survey Status, I have Maureen here, but I know Sebastien is on the call, so Sebastien do you want to take this one? If you're talking, we cannot hear you.

Sébastien Bachollet: Thank you very much, Eduardo. Sébastien Bachollet speaking. I'm not really ready for that but I think that, and I hope, that each RALO have now send the official into brackets answer to the RALO. Particularly, it was done in an open space therefore anybody could answer the survey for the RALOs. We found out that one of them was the official one. I

hope it's clear for all. If not, please tell me and we will have to organize something specific for the RALO. We are still pending to know what is the official answer from the RALOs. Thank you.

Eduardo Diaz: Thank you. I see a message by Evin that says all RALOs have submitted their group responses to the ATRT3 Survey. So, I guess all of them have finally submitted them. I don't know what happened in the case of NARALO. We filled out this survey online and somehow it didn't get recorded somewhere so we did it again, did it this weekend. Okay.

Sébastien Bachollet: Sorry for that and thank you for having answered that. I hope that we will be able to take into account, no, we will take into account the ATRT3 all the answers and thank you for the time you have spent, each and every one, to that. It will be very useful. Thank you.

Eduardo Diaz: Thank you, Sebastien, and we're here to help and that's one way of helping. Any questions about this survey? Olivier, you have your hand up. Is that an old hand or do you want to speak?

Olivier Crépin-Leblond: It's an old hand.

Eduardo Diaz: Okay, Maureen, you have your hand up.

Maureen Hilyard: Thank you, Eduardo. I hope you can hear me okay. It's Maureen for the record. I, too, wanted to thank the RALO Chairs and also the individuals, too, who have contributed to this. It was a little bit of a muck up to start off with, but I think that everything came together and as Evin reported, all the RALOs actually have submitted their responses, all very differently of course. And of course, I very much appreciated the fact that several ALAC Members also contributed ours and like you all, I hope that it is of use to ATRT3. Thank you.

Eduardo Diaz: Thank you, Maureen. And now that I have you here, you want to take the next item in the Agenda talking about the key things that are going to happen at ICANN66 and ATLAS III, Maureen?

Maureen Hilyard: Sure. Okay.

Eduardo Diaz: I'm sorry, Maureen. Do you want the Block Schedule, the latest one, to be...?

Maureen Hilyard: Yeah, that'll be good. Thank you.

Eduardo Diaz: Okay. So, thank you. I just put up the Block Schedule that has to do with At-Large.

Maureen Hilyard: Okay, that's fine.

Eduardo Diaz: Thank you.

Maureen Hilyard: I think that what you're looking at of course is the... Okay, sorry. Maureen for the record again. Looking at the Saturday, Sunday Schedule, we can see there are certain meetings that we have slotted in because it's important that they're included, and that includes the Regional Leaders Meeting and the Outreach and Engagement Meeting.

The other sessions that we've blocked there is At-Large Leaders. The sessions that we're still going to be adding any extra items, policy and other items that we're going to be doing over those two days. So, I think that if anyone's available for our own planning session for that, if you've got any ideas or you want to contribute to anything that we're going to be doing on Saturday and Sunday, I'd really appreciate your support.

Just going down towards to the end of Sunday, you'll note that one of the key things that we're going to be doing is having a Prep Session for ATLAS III, the last session on Sunday. And that's really going to be quite important. I think we had planned on doing ninety minutes for David. I had hoped that we could have the whole 90 but apparently there's

been a bit of change in the schedule and so it's going to be a little bit short. But, at the same time, it is really important that everybody's there and we really want to make sure that everybody is on board with what is going to happen during the week. And David is going to be explaining that. Very, very important.

I think one of the other things to do with going during the week, one of the major issues, of course, has been the change in the program with the Welcome Ceremony, which was originally going to be at the end of Monday, is now going to be at the beginning and it's really mucked up a lot of our ATLAS plans. So, it's interfering a little bit with the sessions that Olivier and Eduardo have been planning in respect to the Plenary and the Breakout Sessions.

But I think it's a bit of a muck up but I'm sure that everything will come together, and we've got sessions, Plenary and Breakout Sessions, planned every day. You'll hear from Olivier and Eduardo about what those are but that's basically the plan and I think that I love the way that it's all been color-coordinated so we can all see how things are going to fit in.

I think one of the important things that I wanted to mention, too, is that the ISOC Lunch, which is for At-Large, specifically for ATLAS, but their contribution to our event and we'll be discussing an issue which I'm not quite sure whether it's been finalized about the actual topic, but we need to work on that.

I think that going down to, moving on to our last day, the Wrap Up Sessions, and there will be a final session at the end of Thursday where

we're going to be having presentations, the whole wrap up with regards to ATLAS is going to happen on Thursday. So, that's really important. And I think, too, of particular importance in the green little slot right there that you see, which is just a session, just a little bit of a bonding session, but it's a little bit of a development session that we're going to have with the current and incoming Leadership Teams that we have and looking forward to 2020.

But, it's going to be a really, really busy week. I'm looking forward to it and I'm sure everyone else. We've been only planning this for almost seems like two years now but ATLAS, the outcomes that we're... The program's looking fantastic and the outcomes are going to be really beneficial for what we aim to do in the upcoming year anyway and going forward. Thank you. Any questions, I'll take them.

Eduardo Diaz:

Any questions for Maureen? It's pretty clear, Maureen, the whole Block Schedule. You know this is like the fifth version. We have been going through this for how many months now, three or four months?

Maureen Hilyard:

I know.

Eduardo Diaz:

It's changing every day. But one thing is very true which is this going to be a very, very, very busy meeting. We're going to be very busy. It's amazing how much work is going to be done there. So, I'm looking

forward to it and I think it's going to be a great event. Thank you, Maureen.

Not having any other questions about this, I just want to inform you that in Montreal, the only Outreach and Engagement effort that we're going to do, we're going to do it during the North American School of Internet Governance, which is happening two days before the ICANN Meeting. There, we have students from all over the place, from the Fellowship Program, from the NextGen, and individual people that are interested in these type of things.

And usually, the experience that we have with the North American School of Internet Governance that we had in 2018, I believe from the Outreach and Engagement that we did there, we got one or two ALSes, I'm not sure, I'm pretty sure of one. And about three individual members have joined the NARALO and are currently active in our region. It's a very good event to do this type of Outreach and Engagement. Not only for North America, but now this school is the school that Glenn is preparing to open to all the regions as well. It's going to be a very good and interactive event. Are other RALOs doing something during ICANN66? Are they trying to do anything? Hello? Any questions?

Heidi Ullrich:

Eduardo? This is Heidi.

Eduardo Diaz:

Yes, Heidi.

Heidi Ullrich: So, we're asking, and some of the RALOs have had this discussion informally I believe, is that we're hoping to have all RALOs having an informal dinner or lunch during the ATLAS, just with all of your members that are going to be at ATLAS III. We think it might a really good opportunity for you to discuss, get to know each other, and discuss the forward thinking, and forward actions coming out of ATLAS.

I'm aware that AFRALO is trying to find a formal time for that but given the very tight schedule, we might not be able to accommodate that. So, again, we've offered that dinner slot Wednesday after the Networking Reception might be a really good time for these informal dinners. So, that's something we'd really like to suggest. Thank you.

Eduardo Diaz: Is that the Wednesday evening, is that what is called the ATLAS III Networking Event or is that something else?

Heidi Ullrich: Yeah, that's the reception. That's where we'll have some drinks and some nibbles and we'll have some videos and it'll be a good chance for people to get to know each other, etcetera. And then following that would be a good time for everyone to go to an informal dinner with your particular regional members. Thank you.

Eduardo Diaz: Oh, what does other RALOs think about that? Heidi's paying, right?

Heidi Ullrich: No, no, no. We're not paying.

Eduardo Diaz: No?

Heidi Ullrich: No, because there's a really good stipend for all members so there'll be some funding. You'll have some available funds for that. Now, what we could do is have one member of Staff go with each group to take notes, etcetera, if you are planning on having some actions coming out of those meetings, and we're happy to guide you to a restaurant but this is a self-organizational event. Thank you.

Eduardo Diaz: Okay, thank you. I was kidding, clearly. I want to hear from other RALO Leaders. So, what do you think about this idea? I need people to speak up, please. Satish, Olivier, Sergio? Not hearing anything from you means you don't want to do this.

Okay, well, the question that I'm going to put out there is are all the RALOs want to do this meeting during ICANN66? If you are interested in doing that, put a tick mark right in the chat on the participants window. Okay, Lianna for a tick mark. Olivier for a tick mark. Who else is interested in doing this? [inaudible] Go ahead, Heidi.

Heidi Ullrich: I mean, I'm somewhat surprised that there's not more interest in getting together with your regional members. It might be that NARALO might have a lot at their NASIG. Just let us know what you might need to help you get together with your regions. I don't know if we can offer a meeting room with services but a lunch, or a dinner, just to get to know your people. That would be a really good opportunity while we're all there. Thank you very much. So, just let us know what you might need for that.

Eduardo Diaz: Okay. So, there was some support. Sergio, Olivier, Lianna, and Satish. And this is, Heidi, just to understand the idea. This is every RALO doing their own thing? It's not all the regions doing the same thing. It's like if I'm with my region, I can take them somewhere and AFRALO or LACRALO, they can go somewhere else, right? That's the idea, Heidi?

Heidi Ullrich: Sorry. Eduardo, can you repeat that please?

Eduardo Diaz: Yes, my question is the idea is that we all go with our own regions to wherever we want to go, we don't have to go all to the same place?

Heidi Ullrich: Oh, yeah, absolutely. It's just a regional dinner.

Eduardo Diaz:

Okay.

Heidi Ullrich:

I think we held that in Puerto Rico, where we all went... I thought we did that. Where everyone went on their own regional dinner and you can just go, and it can be completely informal. Or you could bring everyone together. That might be a lot of people. That would take a lot more organization. But the idea was just to get to know people from your regions.

Eduardo Diaz:

Okay. Well, I think it's a good idea. It's just a matter of coordinating so if your RALO seems interested, then just gather your people and do it Wednesday after the last activity, then should be a good time. What we did in Puerto Rico was we did it with the ISOC Chapters that came down here for the dinner which included a lot of people from everywhere. [inaudible] But ISOC paid for that. So, and we did it before...

Heidi Ullrich:

So, ISOC, yeah. So, this is Heidi. So, ISOC is going to be sponsoring a lunch on Tuesday, so you'll all be together for that. And it might be that you wish to sit together at that lunch if you don't want to go to a dinner, it might mean that you wish, you might want to just try to organize among yourselves that you sit by regions. That might be an option.

Or there are plenty of opportunities for dinners, for coffee breaks, etcetera. It doesn't need to be a dinner, but I think it would be a real great opportunity to just get to know each other. And you might want

to break it up. You might want to say half the group, etcetera. You might want to do some sort of approach where it's a game and you get to know each other. So, it's all up to you but it's a real good opportunity for you to get to know each other a little bit more. Thank you.

Eduardo Diaz: Okay, Sergio, you have your hand up. Go ahead.

Sergio Salinas Porto: This is the interpreter speaking. We are not receiving audio, Sergio's audio.

Eduardo Diaz: Okay, so whenever you're ready Sergio, give us a ping and I will stop and hear you on this matter. So, I think, Heidi, this a good idea. We found a time slot in the schedule so this...

Sergio Salinas Porto: This is Sergio speaking, can you hear me?

Eduardo Diaz: Yes, go ahead.

Sergio Salinas Porto: Sergio speaking. Okay, so this is Sergio Salinas Porto for the record. Eduardo, I believe that it's a great opportunity for us to gather together. And at the same time, I believe that this is going to be a good

opportunity. We might discuss within the region if we need to organize an informal dinner, perhaps we can have a more informal dinner if you wish. We can talk to each other. So, I believe that this is going to be positive and perhaps we can relieve Staff and we can work within the region and if we have any free night or if there is a free point in time during the meeting, we can meet and organize our own internal discussion and meeting or dinner. So that's it, thank you.

Eduardo Diaz:

Thank you so much, Sergio. I think let's do something. Let's leave this item for the next meeting, so we can all talk about this and see what everybody's doing. I think it's a good idea. I might be asking Staff to help in the sense that I'm not sure who all the people that are going to be in Montreal are, where they're from. So, if I'm talking about only the NARALO people, I might need help in finding them out somehow so I can communicate with them or if we are planning to do something Wednesday. I hope. We can skip this and from what I hear most RALOs like the idea of doing this. Are there any other comments?

Heidi Ullrich:

Okay, great. Yeah, Eduardo, that's fantastic. I'm happy to hear that. Perhaps, given if Staff do have time, perhaps the RALO Chairs could work with Gisella on just identifying some possible restaurants nearby. I am aware that all around the venue and the hotel, everything's connected underground. Montreal is well known for underground cities, in a way, communities. So, there's lots of restaurants underground. There's no need to venture outside where it might be a little bit chilly

and I know that the Meetings Team always gives ICANN Staff a list of restaurants so we'll have some suggestions that you might wish to consider for your dinners, etcetera.

Eduardo Diaz:

Okay, that sounds good. Thank you, Heidi, for the idea. So, moving along. Maureen in ALSes and individual members rights and expectations. Can you tell us what this is?

Maureen Hilyard:

Yes, thank you, Eduardo. It's Maureen for the record. Okay, first of all I'm a little bit interested in the topic we've got here. We've been looking at ALS and individual members criteria and expectations. Rights seem to be taking it from a different perspective. We'll first of all look at what our expectations are and the criteria from which that we are looking at. That's just on the side.

The ICANN is looking at this topic, of course, they've been looking at it for ages. And it's something that we'll be incorporating into the post-ATLAS Program once we have our ATLAS Ambassadors identified and they're going to be an important part of the development of the work that we do on ALSes and individual members, being part of that construct, anyway.

And this whole topic, of course, incorporates a range of issues that sit within Item 2, which is our last remaining At-Large Review Item that we have to make a decent start on. But, there is going to be an initial addressing of this item through a document that Alan and Cheryl are

putting together. And they're going to be working with a small Working Group because the document will address what the actual issue was, but the activities that are going to evolve out of it are the implementation, practical side of things that we really need to address in order to be more effective moving on.

And I think that with regards to each RALO has its own issues with regards to ALS expectations and criteria so I think it would speed the process along in how can RALOs assist with this, it would speed the process along for how we progress after ATLAS by RALOS actually preparing their own submissions of what needs to be considered by the Working Groups, is that we establish post-ATLAS. I think that it's important that we get the views of the RALOs, that they're incorporated into how we address the sorts of things that we need to focus At-Large members from ALSes and individual members.

So, I know that APRALO, for example, are already looking at this and it does have implications for their Rules and Procedures, so those are the sorts of things that I'd really like to see coming from other RALOs as well so that you're actually talking about those within the RALOs and then what we actually constitute in the end actually gets by in agreement from everyone. So, that's about as much of an update as I can give but it gives you an idea of what we're looking at moving forward. Thank you.
Any questions?

Eduardo Diaz: This is Eduardo, Maureen. I have a question. So, are we looking here as to define a set of Rules and Procedures that are for ALSes and individual members across all RALOs, so they are standardized?

Maureen Hilyard: Well, I think that this is why we need to hear what each RALO, you know, like what the expectations or criteria for ALSes, criteria and expectations for their ALSes and individual members, from each of the RALOs first of all. Because I don't want to force people into a one-size-fits-all model because we're all different.

And so, I think we need to look at those differences and see how we can actually find what the common guidelines are that we can provide. But then, look at what else needs to be considered with regards to the individuality of the RALO. So, I can't state anything definite at the moment. It really depends on what the RALOs come up with and bring to the Working Group that we eventually end up with.

Eduardo Diaz: Thank you, Maureen. This is Eduardo again. So, how is this effort going to be driven, if it's going to be driven by Working Group, by ALAC, you know, how are we going to coordinate this whole thing? Because I see that APRALO is doing something tomorrow and LACRALO, we are [inaudible] implementation [inaudible]. To me, it's like everybody's doing all kinds of stuff but I think if we want to do this, to find a commonality between all the RALOs, it has to be from a central point somewhere.

Maureen Hilyard:

Right, okay. It will be an ALAC led because we're a Working Group, as such. I do appreciate that the RALOs are looking into it because there's so much happening, if they don't start working on it now, by the time it comes to the end of ATLAS and we pull the Working Group together, and we pull in the ideas that people have, it will be really good to have that material prepared. So, I really do congratulate that some people have already made a start. It's not too late already.

But, at the same time, because it will end up as a Policy issue, not a policy policy issue, sort of like an organizational policy issue, then it's really important that it's ALAC driven, that it's in the area that I'm responsible for, that side of thing. So, that's where the driving will come from because it's really important. And really for me, my vision for 2020, is to make things very RALO focused. The ATLAS Ambassadors are going to be integral to this, so I really want you to push people within your RALOs that have the potential for leadership.

And at the same time, we also must make sure that our ALSes and our individual members are being effective, and that's one of the reasons for this, is how can we make them effective to become involved in Policy now. The policy may be policy policy, ICANN Policy, or it may be organizational and that organizational is really important when we take into account the outreach that we're going to be required to do. So, we just want to make sure that the systems are in place so that we can be more effective in the work that we do within the regions. Thank you.

Eduardo Diaz: Thank you, Maureen. Are there any questions about this? So, Silvia, you have your hand up?

Silvia Vivanco: Yes, Eduardo. I just wanted to make a comment about what we have been observing from Staff perspective with reminders that why I think this is important. And the RALOs are, the reason they are addressing this, APRALO, LACRALO, because the reality is kind of forcing them to think about these issues, to think about how the individuals are being accredited, how they become members, what are the rights, their obligations, are they part of the... In the case of APRALO, there was a question about the leadership, if they were a part or not of the Leadership Team or if there was conflicts of interest.

So, the reality is bringing cases for them to deal with and that's why they, in reaction to these cases, they are looking at their rules and trying to think how to deal with people. LACRALO, for example, they received a number of requests from individual members to become members. So far they are called observers, but LACRALO is in the process of developing the rules to allow them to be formally recognized as individuals of LACRALO. So, the reality is right there. The cases are being presented to them so that's why it's kind of growing organically. So, it's very important that all, at some point, they as you said, have something in common, all the RALOs have rules that are one for all. Thank you.

Eduardo Diaz: Thank you, Silvia. So, is it possible to put this information in a central place because I don't want to reinvent the wheel, in the sense that

maybe LACRALO or another RALO has a very good idea on how to deal with individual members that I can incorporate that in our region, and vice versa? Because we can help each other that way. I know some regions like EURALO has it very well structured on the part of the individual members. Others, do it differently. We do it differently. We're more lax on individual members. We are more careful of others, they cannot vote at all. Those things bring them all together and create.

The more we can have in commonality, the easier it will be for us to deal with this issue. Even if there are differences in every region, but there's always a commonality within all this. And the bottom line is at the end result of this work, we'll make all of us go back to our Rules and Procedures, or most of us, and change them, just to make sure that we add this individual ALSes rights and expectations.

The point is what, as part of this, we need to find out if those criteria, not criteria, the criteria is mostly when you get somebody in, but the expectations, when people don't reach the expectations, what are the call to actions? And sometimes, the calls to actions, it takes a whole year and a lot of effort to do this certification, which is one of the actions that happens when an ALS do not meet the expectation as to what they're supposed to do while being a member. In any case, if we can have... Okay, I have Sebastien, please. Sebastien.

Sébastien Bachollet:

Yes, thank you very much. I think it's always important... Oh, I don't know if you can hear me. I don't know why. It's because sometimes Zoom opens with new mic directly and sometimes not and I am here as

well. It's my fault. Thank you. Sébastien Bachollet speaking. Yeah, following your discussion here, I really hope that all the RALO before they change their rules, they have inputs of EURALO why we are doing as we are doing the way we are doing for the individual users.

There are different people that you can ask for, of course, the Chair of the RALO, but you can also ask the Chair of the ALSes set up, especially clearly for the individual users and why we still think that it's the best idea to handle the individual users. And I am also available, but I think if you go first to Olivier and Roberto will be great. And really I hope that before inventing something different, you have the inputs from us on why we think it's a good idea. Thank you.

Eduardo Diaz:

Thank you, Sebastien. So, are there any other questions relating to this? Okay, I suggest we keep this item in the Agendas for future meetings because I think this is something very important for all the RALOs to make sure we're talking the same language here in the context of this item. I don't see any more hands, so we'll move to the next item, the RALO General Assembly Schedule for FY21 and 24, an update and next steps. This is Maureen taking this, too, please.

Maureen Hilyard:

Thank you, Eduardo. Actually, I think I might pass this over to Heidi because she's the one who's actually had more input into this.

Eduardo Diaz:

Okay.

Heidi Ullrich: Thank you very much, Maureen.

Eduardo Diaz: My mistake there. Thank you.

Heidi Ullrich: No worries.

Maureen Hilyard: That's okay.

Heidi Ullrich: Not a mistake. Actually, Maureen and I have worked very closely together on this. This is Heidi, by the way. So, again, you'll see that where we discussed in Marrakech, that's under initial proposed date. So, what we discovered was that that was getting us too close to the next ATLAS, ATLAS IV. So, we sort of did some forward [inaudible] the two of the RALOs, and that would be, again as we agreed, LACRALO will be the first one. These are now two in Fiscal Year 21, which is actually being planned right now.

And in fact, right after this call we're going to be looking into the budgets for these. And the first one is LACRALO at the ICANN Meeting in Cancun in two years. Again, not in 2020, but 2021 in Cancun. Following that in June 2021 will be EURALO at the EuroDIG. Olivier and I communicated a lot late last week and he's going to be going to the

EuroDIG 2020 Planning Meeting this year, and he'll hopefully find out where that location is in 2021 as well as when. So, again, we're planning on those two.

And then the following, in Fiscal Year 22, as we've agreed, will be NARALO in October 2021. That's, again, right into Fiscal Year 22. That will be at the ICANN72 Meeting in Seattle. That's my hometown, so just let me know if you need any details on that, what to do around there. And then Fiscal Year 23 will, again, have two, and that would be AFRALO and APRALO. We're thinking it's going to be probably in the, the AFRALO will be at the African Internet Summit. That's a very long meeting, so we have to pick the date for that meeting. That's going to be June 2023.

And then APRALO will be August or September 2022 and that's going to be at the Asia Pacific Regional IGF. So that leaves Fiscal Year 24 open for ATLAS IV planning, and then, again, the idea is that ATLAS IV will be in Fiscal Year 25. So, that's where we are now. And I'll be reaching out to Olivier because we do need a timeline similar, he did a great job for the last cycle of setting out the timeline ,and that's what we need for the Finance Department as well, so Olivier, I'll be in touch with you shortly on that. Any questions?

Eduardo Diaz:

I think I have a question, Heidi. This has to do with the logistics mostly of the General Assembly. Are these assemblies run for the whole week, one day, two days, or...?

Heidi Ullrich: Good question. So, what we're planning is, again, we're planning on two days, three nights. Now, some of those meetings, for example EuroDIG, the entire meeting of EuroDIG is two days. So, you'd have to fit in. So, Sebastien will be Chair at that time. He'll have to work with his RALO on fitting that meeting in, and it might be a two hour meeting, it might be a three hour meeting, that all depends.

For those, for example, LACRALO at the ICANN Meeting, you might have a full set of Trust Meetings on one full day and then the meetings themselves on the second day. So, it all depends on the venue that you've chosen. Okay? In terms of Staff support, you'll likely have about three people to help you with that and, again, obviously if you're having it at the ICANN Meeting, then you'll have the full team available as needed.

Eduardo Diaz: Heidi, sorry. [inaudible] next, but I have a follow-up question on this.

Heidi Ullrich: Okay, and I see, Eduardo, I see Sergio has his hand raised as well.

Eduardo Diaz: Okay, well, I just wanted to follow-up. I have a follow-up question to what you've said. And these meetings, two or three days, are happening. Let's say if we take ICANN70 in Cancun, or ICANN72, so we're thinking about doing this General Assembly three days before the ICANN starts or three days within the ICANN?

Heidi Ullrich: It's during. It's within.

Eduardo Diaz: Okay.

Heidi Ullrich: Yeah, and that's what we've done. We've rarely, in fact I think we've stopped having meetings prior some time ago. So, I know like the last APRALO Meeting was during. I'm pretty sure the last, yeah, that last AFRALO, so we've had a long history now of having it within the meetings themselves. So, they'll get to know, while they're not in a LACRALO Meeting, then the LACRALO Members can go to some of the At-Large events, and that's just going to take careful planning on how we do that. Thank you.

Eduardo Diaz: Okay. Thank you so much, Heidi. Sergio, please. You have the floor now.

Sergio Salinas Porto: This is Sergio speaking. Thank you, Eduardo. This is Sergio for the record. I just want to add one thing, and this is in line with what you were saying because I am very concerned that if we are using ICANN's funds for our General Assemblies, the fact that our colleagues from the other parts of ICANN will not be able to participate. This is something that I'm concerned of. So, my first question is whether there is a

possibility that they can stay until the end of the ICANN Meeting. I mean, that the members of the RALO can stay until the very end. And the other thing is the possibility that these members will participate in the different activities held in the meeting. In our case, it will be during the Cancun meeting. That's all. Thank you.

Eduardo Diaz:

Heidi?

Heidi Ullrich:

So, thank you for that, Sergio. So, I think that we do need to be equitable to all of the RALOs and if because some of the RALOs are choosing shorter meetings, it would just make sense that we do give that standard two day, three night, event. And there's a lot that can be done during that time if we plan ahead. They can get that full experience of the GA Meeting, plus some of the At-Large Meeting. But I think as we grow in size, that it's just going to be a real challenge to have everyone there for the entire meeting. That just raises costs significantly and I think the planning will help reduce that. Thank you.

Eduardo Diaz:

Thank you. Sebastien?

Sébastien Bachollet:

Thank you very much. Sébastien Bachollet speaking. First of all, I would like to support Sergio's question and I would say not [inaudible] that when we are organizing a GA in an ICANN Meeting, it must be the full

ICANN Meeting for the participants. And please, don't tell me about balance between regions. If it's not happening in an ICANN Meeting, so be it. It's a pity.

I really think it's a pity but if we want to have people involved in ICANN, we need to give them a chance to be involved, and a full meeting, it's mandatory for the people that we bring. Because the cost of retreat and the cost of the additional night, it's not a big deal and I say that I know that you are saying everything about there is no money, no money. It happens that I was Board Finance Committee Member and I think I know a little bit. That's my first point.

My second is that it seems that you have already decided when and where will be the EURALO Meeting? Okay, so be it. I hope that next time the Chair of that will be engaged in the discussion and I hope that we will have the choice what is the format of this General Assembly. It's not because for different reasons, we used to have one and a half hour meeting that we will keep on that, especially if it's a silent General Assembly. I recall that it will be longer, at least one time, almost, at least. But for the future we need to think about that and the fact that there are more members, great, then we need to embrace them and to have them participating. Thank you very much.

Eduardo Diaz:

Thank you so much. You want to answer that, Heidi? Because I think the selection of the times and places where we wanted to have this General Assembly, we had discussed that for a year now, right?

Heidi Ullrich: Yeah, so absolutely. So, the point of the EURALO event, exactly, it's been in planning for about at least six to nine months. So, I mean, again, if you wish, that can be changed. But, you know, that has been in planning. In terms of the full ICANN Meeting, I need to take that back. I mean, we can put in for that and then we'll see where that goes. But, again, it depends if it's the Policy Forum versus an AGM, you know, that's four days versus seven days. So, it's a huge difference and does that mean that everyone's going to shift over to that if that's possible, I don't know. So, I'll just take that back and we'll see what we can do. But I hear you on that.

Eduardo Diaz: Okay. Are there any other comments? Sebastien, do you have your hand up or is that an old hand?

Sébastien Bachollet: It's a new hand. It's Sébastien Bachollet speaking. I just want to apologize that I am a totally newbie, might as well be the next, it seems to be Chair of EURALO and if it was discussed during nine months, great. And I am sure that Heidi has done a terrific job, but that leaves the possibility to discuss that even if at the end I may be totally agree with what you have decided, but it seems to me a little bit stranger way, the length, for example, of the AGM for EURALO, it's already seems to be decided. Thank you.

Eduardo Diaz:

Okay, thank you, Sebastien. This is happening in 2021 for EURALO so there's plenty of time to think about the changes to the things that are planned, can still change that and the events that you want to run before. But, you know, thank you so much and the information.

And so, the next one item on the Agenda is to start talking about the initial development of the Agenda for the meeting, the Regional Leaders Meeting that we're going to have at November 2 in the morning, I mean in the afternoon, Monday afternoon. ICANN66. I recommend that we do this offline. There's some Agenda Items here that I recommend that we keep on this call and this meeting going forward so we can keep track of what's happening in the different regions. One is the RightsCon, the individual members rights and expectations, I am not sure if I added other ones.

My suggestion for getting this Agenda is that we do it offline. And I'm also recommending that we have our, the next meeting to be that meeting, except if you want to have a meeting in October. It's just that October is a very busy meeting, not only for people working on ATLAS III, but for everyone getting ready to go to ICANN66. So, any comments on this? Comments? Differences?

Okay, well, then we will do it that way. We will leave the development of that Agenda offline and then in our next meeting will be the meeting that we're going to have the morning, or the afternoon, or the mid-afternoon during ICANN66 November 2. Okay. Are there any other businesses anyone wants to discuss? If not, I suggest that we adjourn this meeting and thank you so much for being here today. And we'll see you or hear you soon in other meetings. Thank you.

Yeşim Nazlar: Thank you everyone.

Heidi Ullrich: Thanks everyone.

Eduardo Diaz: Bye.

Yeşim Nazlar: Thank you all for joining today's call. This meeting is now adjourned.
Have a lovely rest of the day.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]