
CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Good morning, good afternoon and good evening to everyone. Welcome to the At-Large Leadership Team ALT Plus monthly call, on Wednesday the 24th of July 2019 at 16:00 UTC. On the call today we have Maureen Hilyard, Sébastien Bachollet, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Andrei Kolesnikov, Yrjö Lansipuro, Satish Babu, Olivier Crépin-Leblond; and we have Marita Moll, Judith Hellerstein, Jahangir Hossain, Abdulkarim Oloyede, Glenn Mcknight and Natalia Filina. On the Spanish channel we have Lilian Ivette De Luque Bruges, Alberto Soto and Harold Arcos.

Our interpreters for today are Veronica and Claudia, and from staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Gisella Gruber, Evin Erdoğan, Yeşim Nazlar, and myself, Claudia Ruiz, on call management. Before we begin, I would like to remind everyone to please state their names before speaking so that the interpreters can identify you on the other language channels, also for the transcription purposes, and a friendly reminder to please mute your lines when not speaking to prevent any background noise. Thank you, and with this, I turn it over to you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you very much, Claudia. Yes good morning, good afternoon, good evening to everyone today. So we've got a pretty full agenda and there's a bit of a change in the way in which we will do the meeting today because I understand Jonathan is running a little bit late. So we're going to start the meeting off with following the policy section, so we're going straight to item number 5, if it's okay with everyone. If we can get through some of those --

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen, this is Heidi, I'm sorry, we had just a quick item on the action items from the last ALT Plus meeting.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh yes of course, of course, shall we do that? Shall we -- okay, okay, we'll go through two and three first. I hadn't noticed those, I thought we were just going to go on to that. That's fine. Okay, let's have a look first then at the Playing call of 20th of May, if we're going to the other activities that we had to do. There was only just that one I noticed, which was that Gisella and Yésim were going to organize some Zoom training. So did we do that? Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: No, not yet [inaudible] to Gisella.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, thi sis Gisella, can you hear me?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes I can.

GISELLA GRUBER: Oh sorry, I thought [inaudible] mute again. Sorry, my apologies, Gisella for the transcription. Now we haven't organized that pre ICANN 65 so we will get that set up with Yésim. What we will do is just send out, probably to all the lists, a day and time that is generally convenient for all regions and we can even maybe do two sessions during the week for people just to join the meeting room and to play around. Up to now, we haven't had any, Yésim do correct me if I'm wrong, we haven't had any queries from the community with regard to Zoom, so I think as far as the transition between Adobe Connect and Zoom [inaudible], it's been a fairly smooth transition and people have found Zoom quite easy to use.

One of the main features that hopefully we will be able to work on in the future is the chat where you can't see the chat once you've joined the late -- sorry, once you've joined the call after the start, you can't see the chat previous to starting the call. I'm sure that Zoom is working on that and we'll update you with IT but as I said, we'll set up two sessions with Yésim to complete the action item; apologies for the delay, thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thanks for that, Gisella, and I think you are correct in that Zoom has actually been used quite a lot and therefore people are becoming a lot more familiar with it, but there may be some people who will require some extra training so it's good to be able to provide it then anyway. Are there any questions or queries on that?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Maureen, I had my hand up.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh yes, I can see that sorry, sorry, Judith.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes, it's Judith Hellerstein for the record. I also want to add on the Zoom issues, it's not just the basic features, we would like to -- I think the basic idea is that training is how you can also pop out participants and how you can pop out chat and make things easier to see even when you're sharing a screen and when people say you can't see hands. So I think some of these special features is what I was thinking about in the training; and also while we get started with the RTT is how to do that and how to see those things. So those were I think what I was thinking about when we have training issues.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well I think you are probably the most appropriate person that people are going to refer these issues to, that Gisella will be able to address. Then I noticed in the chat that there are other issues that have been raised. It all needs to be coordinated and no doubt Gisella is actually sort of like taking note of those to incorporate into the training.

Especially I assume too, for people like myself that have to manage these sorts of calls, I think it's important that we sort of like get a little understanding, and as things were said, we're trying to work on those

issues and it's got to work for us, so it's cool and thank you. So yes, as Gisella said, there is information going on in the chat so I'm sure you will take note of those.

Thank you, are there any other questions or queries? If there are, please note them in the chat because it's good to have a record. Are we okay then with those action items? We can continue on with the rest of the agenda, missing out the policy section. We'll go back down to number 5 again, sorry.

Okay, so looking back at ICANN 65, I'm very pleased with what happened at ICANN 65 and the update in the policy report, you know, those details, those sorts of things that I think helped to make it successful. Really appreciated the work that was done by Jonathon and the rest of the At-Large team on the policy issues and our involvement in the policy discussions really basing a lot of on the importance of the talking points, I think that's actually been, you know, sort of an excellent direction for -- you know, offered a lot of direction for At-Large both at the meetings, but even as a refresher on those sort of key policy issues that are important for At-Large. Our involvement of course in the evolving multistakeholder model and some really important capacity building work that was done by Joanna on the cybersecurity and consumer safeguard, as well as the Universal Acceptance. I think that sort of work is really good to help to build up what we want to do within At-Large.

I think it's really important too that we we're sort of like maintaining the content that we have with, you know, naturally the board and chair, CEO and [inaudible], but also with the GAC and the SSAC and the ATRT3

team which was a really good session. But I think really do appreciate too the work that Olivier and the team does with the NCUC in At-Large Outreach event. They're becoming regulars but I think that it's important that we actually maintain that contact with the other sections and I'm getting some really positive reports and I know Heidi is as well. So it's good that we are actually sort of like seem to be contributing to the wider scope of ICANN's work. So you know, I think it's great to sort of like have a team sort of like working constructively on a lot of the things, and I hope it makes for an interesting meeting for everyone as well.

Following on from this, of course the organizational side of things, the projects that we have within At-Large, continuing work of our review implementation plan and of course the ATLAS, which we will be talking about shortly. But also the work that we'll be doing with the GAC, there seems to be some real -- well there is real interest within the GAC to sort of work with At-Large advisory to, you know, to work on common interests and I think that's going to be very good for us to be able to sort of liaise with another advisory, somebody and I see some value in working with the GAC and our ALS and individual members also providing some input into that.

And it's related to our own implementation, our review implementation work, it's all part and parcel of developing At-Large within ICANN; I think we're doing really, really well. Are there any other comments people want to make about sort of like ICANN 65 and moving on from that? No hands going up. Okay, that's cool.

Alright, so as far as next steps are concerned, I think that we're going to be talking about those later anyway. So continuing on with ICANN 65, there were quite a lot of action items that we need to be looking at for moving on from the meeting and in preparation for the sort of work that we have to do with ICANN 66 of course which is sort of like looming already, so any action items for ICANN 65, hope everyone can see those. Sorry. Can we get those? Yeah. Just so we can sort of like look through what still has to be done.

Okay, so in the ALAC/GAC capacity building, there is a liaison group that is actually working on those action items, and Joanna is going to be integral to that because of her work with the capacity building and that's the area that the GAC is very interested in and of course it sort of fits in with the sort of work that we are developing, in capacity building anyway, common interest, so I don't know if [inaudible] has actually sort of like shared that list of topics with Joanna just yet, but that will be part of the meeting that we'll be having anyway.

Moving on to the hot topics, again Joanna -- is Joanna on the call? I don't see her name.

CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Maureen, can you hear me? I don't have her on the call.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Okay yes I can just, thank you. Okay, so on the hot policy topics, Joanna and Jonathon are still going to be working with staff on that, so that's something that they will actually feed back to us later on. Sylvia has

worked with the RALO chairs on the RALO monthly calls to discuss hot topics. So there's still some work to be done there and we'll get some feedback for our next meeting.

The At-Large policy workshop on geo names, Olivier suggested discussing with the GAC same issue that we face regarding that. Again, we'll put that in the next GAC meeting, so the liaison working group meeting, so that's done.

The Universal Acceptance workshop, that capacity building thing, is actually quite a lot of things happening there, so Heidi, can you give us an update on what's happening with regards to that one? So a few staff things in there.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sorry Maureen, I was just typing you about another item, could you repeat which one you're on please?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, there are just a few staff items in the Universal Acceptance action items.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah I think we are still all getting to those. Yeah, I see the ones with Sylvia and myself.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I noticed that Jonathon and I requested the RALO leaders. I know this is published [inaudible] blog on the Universal Acceptance. That was actually a recommendation that was made and I'm not quite sure if it was related to something that Glenn was doing at the time and that we were going to set up something to do with some further work on that area, so I think that we'll probably leave that just for now, and is John online? Ah yes, yes he's here.

JOHN LAPRISE: I'm here.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, John, have you actually sort of like had any contact with anyone in relation to what we might do there, or is that work in progress?

JOHN LAPRISE: That's work in progress. At this point, I've had some brief conversations with Sylvia and Evin on staff regarding the work to be done and most of that is at the RALO level, so RALO leadership needs to pick up the baton and start moving on Universal Acceptance. Reaching out and partnering with the USAG Ambassadors in their regions to coordinate messaging that's appropriate for their regions, in appropriate languages.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, that sounds good. Alright okay, so we'll keep tabs on how that's progressing in the future. Olivier.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes Maureen, thank you very much. Oliver Crépin-Leblond, can you hear me? Oliver Crépin-Leblond speaking.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, yes I can.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: You can, okay. Universal Acceptance, it's interesting, so ISOC [inaudible] is not an ALS, it was actually contacted by the UASG.org and I think it's just an offshoot of ICANN and would basically ask is for the chapter to promote Universal Acceptance. I wonder whether other ISOC chapters have also been independently contacted as well; it would be something I would be interested in because I think it's already been done with the chapters, we need to do it with ALSes. Really, what they've been asking is just for the number of papers on Universal Acceptance to be shared with the membership, which is what we're doing. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well I can confirm that that's happening at the [inaudible] chapter and I'm assuming that it's for all the chapters to share the Universal Acceptance documents with their members. So I think that that will be pretty consistent but I think it's really good and a lot of the chapters are ALSes already so I'm sure that that's being continued. I see Harold's hand up as well. Harold.

HAROLD ARCOS:

Harold speaking, thank you, Maureen. I want to say that from the point of view of Universal Acceptance, we comply with the action items, we met all of them, and we contacted [inaudible] and the rest of the Ambassadors, through the colleagues that attended ICANN 65; it was Lillian and some of us were able to contact people, get some documents related to Universal Acceptance for LACRALO. So within LACRALO, we have a working group that is specifically devoted to this topic. In the latest meeting, it was in July, it was 7th July 2019, so Mark, that is one of the Ambassadors participated there, he's doing a great work in this topic, so we have three action items that are finished.

And Lito Ibarra also participated in our meetings, he's a board member and he's in charge, let's say, of this subject within the board. So we wanted to report on this within Universal Acceptance because this is not something specific for us, but let's say it has been a consequence. We have the working group and Sylvia Herlein is the chair or the lead within LACRALO, so this is my report from LACRALO's point of view. So thank you to staff, thank you John for the closing we had over there at ICANN 65, because we have been able to move forward. Thank you very much and this is my report, thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you. Thank you, Harold, and it's good to sort of see that work is actually being done within the RALOs as well and it's basically what I think John was actually asking, and I see John has got his hand up.

JOHN LAPRISE:

John laprise for the record. So one of the action items that I know staff is working on is a dashboard with a bunch of check boxes for each RALO to show what they've done, and it becomes a metric tool. This is sort of aside the staff, but a comment to everyone here is that, so LACRALO could go onto their page and show, "Oh, we've had this meeting, we've had this meeting. These ALSes have talked with USAG," so it will be a very easy, as I've talked with Evin about this, will be a very easy visual interface to basically check off things that you've done and then you can look, what have you done and what have you got to do.

So Harold's intervention is very helpful because it helps inform what are some of the checkboxes we need to include. So this is helpful for staff and for us to develop effective metrics for looking at what activities are happening in the RALOs, and in some cases, where a RALO may take an activity that other RALOs don't think about, it can be added and that can inspire other RALOs. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Awesome, thank you, John, and that's perfect. I think, I noticed Satish mentions in the chat that about APRALO, and we were lucky to have four of our leadership team at the APRIGF in Vladivostok last week and that there was a panel on Universal Acceptance, and especially Satish, Lianna and Nadira were actually part of that panel. So it's really good to, you know, as you say, those sorts of reports to actually sort of like include them onto that page so that we are actually sort of keeping a record of what is being done within the RALOs, as per a metric for what we are actually continuing on in relation to Universal Acceptance within the regions. I think that's really excellent. So if the RALOs have actually

done anything, given the link for the workspace, and if those reports can be uploaded onto that workspace, it would be a really good record for us to keep.

Excellent, thank you, are there any other reports on that? Ah yes, of course, Satish mentions it will be in our newsletter anyway, so there will be some sort of record of it.

Continuing on then for the At-Large internet governance issues and the rights column update that we got from Tijani, LACRALO was to consider their FY20 outreach and engagement, plans and the LACRALO -- to consider and collaborate future rights activities. I guess that that's a -- again, I'm not quite sure how people can coordinate. Is there going to be a workspace for this?

Evin, do you know if there's going to be anything that's sort of like where people can actually coordinate what they do, well even the internet governance issues, Olivier, is there a space for the work that is actually being done in that area? Anyone? Well, we'll work on that one. Okay, if we actually are interested in moving in our involvement, therefore there actually should be some space to actually record what is going to happen and what's happening in the region. Okay, so, moving on. The consumer safeguards issues. John, any comment on that?

JOHN LAPRISE:

Yeah, sorry, John Laprise for the record. Sorry, I'm trying to multitask here. At the workshop, we just noted that there was interest in the room for a DNS Abuse session. [CROSSTALK] I'm happy to yield. [CROSSTALK] I'll yield to Daniel.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Thank you very much. Sorry, I think there was a problem with the connection. Daniel for the record. Apologies that I'm not on the Zoom channel but at least I'm able to speak right now. Anyway, on the previous issue that was raised engagement activities for ICANN66, we are going to be having a call about some activities, there has been some information that has come to both me and also to the mailing list regarding engagement activities and during the next call [inaudible] about [inaudible] activities for office and engagement. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, thank you. Continuing on, John, Daniel was relating I think to the previous topic.

JOHN LAPRISE: John Laprise for the record. So, this is just signifying that the idea of DNS Abuse is getting greater traction and Alan pointed out that there is potentially interest by GAC, and indeed, when we met with the GAC in Marrakech, they also expressed interest in this. And Eduardo makes a great point that the idea of DNS Abuse, what is constituted, what defines that really needs to be hashed out because it's a very nebulous term. And so an open session, define it within the scope of ICANN is really important. So, a cosponsored workshop would be good.

I think we also need to bring back compliance, because we were not able to have the workshop I wanted on compliance at this last meeting because they didn't have their full team there. But at the previous

meeting we actually had a compliance workshop that was curtailed because it was only half as long as we wanted it, but it's really important for all of us to understand what is entailed in compliance and that would actually feed into what is entailed in DNS Abuse. So I think there are a couple outcomes from here.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, I've just put that into the chat as a reminder for myself when I get a copy of this chat, especially for [inaudible] and the ALAC GAC team to discuss it. And I think as you say, it was an interest area for the GAC, so I think that's going to be quite a possibility to actually have a workshop with them. Okay, so continuing on forward, the wrap up. Staff to organize an At-Large webinar with Cyrus and his team on the topic of ICANN Org's Readiness to Support Future Rounds of New gTLDs. I think that's a work in progress at the moment. Is there any update on that, Gisella?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Hi, Maureen, this is Heidi. I think that is still in progress but I think we're getting to when approximately you would like to have that?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Right it seems to be an interest area. So it would be a webinar that could attract a lot of people. Olivier suggested that he and Jonathan work with other ACs to develop a statement on the SAC105, and I think I remember seeing something somewhere, Olivier, do you have any updates?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you Maureen, Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. I do not quite know because we have our consolidated policy working group call later on today and that's when we'll find out what we have. I'm looking at the policy comments, I can't find the statement of SAC105, but I believe that a page has been created for this. If you give 10 minutes, we can come back to this in a moment, I'll just look for the page and I'll check if there's something on it.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen, this is Heidi. Just really quickly, on the webinar would sometime early in September be a useful time, that means most people will be back from their holidays in the summer, and it might be a way towards ATLAS II. Okay, we'll note that, then. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, that would be great, thank you. And timely, I think as soon as possible, I would say. Okay, carrying on with the Policy Debrief. What impact did At-Large make during the week? Ricardo noted that the length of the Talking Points, I think we did have quite a few, and that was just looking at the structure of the Talking Points. I guess it may have been that maybe some people didn't feel that they had enough time to look at those Talking Points, but that's something that we will actually discuss as we're leading into ICANN66. That's something that we can talk about during the CPWG as we lead towards ICANN66. It's like Jonathan said, it's going to be part of CPWG calls in the lead up to the next meeting.

Okay, so the Review of ICANN65 and Planning for ICANN66, our prep group will be starting very, very shortly. For ICANN66 we have Saturday and Sunday, two full days. Because it's concentrated At-Large activity, we do need to make sure that there is a bit of a variety in the mix, that it's not the same old, same old. So we will be looking at what is important for us to raise in that particular meeting as the AGM, et cetera. So, if you're keen on introducing something in that session, please bring your ideas to the prep meetings that we actually have. I see here that the ALAC/GAC is going to submit something on cybersecurity as a HIT Session, that's something again working with the GAC team, and of course the prep group will be starting. Once we've organized what the program is, there will be a webinar to notify everyone about the program.

So as I mentioned, there's a lot happening and there is a lot to follow up on. It would be really good if we're keeping up to date with everything and try and get all those checked off for our next meeting, that we complete ICANN65 and can work more constructively toward ICANN66. Any other final questions? I see Yrjö has his hand up. I know you're going to be very busy, Yrjö, over the next few months as we lead into ICANN66 with our ALAC/GAC team. So, please, you may take the floor.

YRJÖ LÄNSIPURO:

Thank you, Maureen, this is Yrjö Länsipuro speaking. I just wanted to mention one more thing that came out of the joint ALAC/GAC meeting, that is to say my country report and Neva's from Portugal suggested that it would be a good idea to have intercessional work on policy issues and in this case starting with new gTLDs. She suggested a joint working

group, but then Jorge from Switzerland said that maybe instead of having a separate [inaudible] again, we could use the focal focus group that has been formed on this issue, on new gTLDs in the GAC and that was confirmed by the Chair of that focus group that the ALAC representatives would be welcome, and this was also confirmed by Manal [inaudible]. I've been in touch with [inaudible] who is Chair of this focus group, and after the holidays we'll probably get an invitation to participate. So from our side we need to identify a few who could be engaged in that dialogue. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Yrjö. I do believe that the ALAC/GAC Teachable, is still in the planning stages of that capacity building program that they're working on and I think that sort of work needs to be incorporated into that plan so that we actually have something constructively working, aiding and supporting what is required by the two groups. I think we were discussing it the other day very informally, that we may actually establish a monthly meeting between the ALAC and GAC working group so that there is some sort of consistency to planning and interaction between the groups, so that by the time we get to our next meeting we could organize webinars or whatever is required to support the activities of that particular group. I think it's a very positive move that we're going into and I know the GAC are really looking forward to the work that they're going to be doing with us. So it's a work in progress and there are lots of good ideas coming from both sides, so thank you very much for that. Are there any other questions or queries on moving forward from ICANN65 to ICANN66?

Okay, right, that went through quite a bit, but a necessary part of our work moving forward. So, having gone through the Action Items, we can now move on to others which sort of really are just going to be updates for the ARIWG for example. Now that we've finished with ICANN65, it gives us a little bit of a break to start looking at the At-Large Review Implementation that we're working on. We submitted our interim report and we've had feedback from the RAC, that it has been discussed. Cheryl, have you had any other feedback from them with regard to moving forward and what we're going to be working on? Of course we've mentioned Issue 2, which is an important issue based on the work of looking at our ALS and individual members registrations and anything related to that. But with regard to the review document and what happened, Cheryl do have anything to add to that?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: No, I have no further update at all, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. It has actually been received there, they are quite happy with it and will get back to us formally. But as I mentioned, it gives us time to look at how we work with Issue 2, which was the one that Alan and I have charge of. The reason it was put onto the back burner is because it is quite a complex set of activities that we are going to be involved in. So we will be calling for a team of people to work on a workplan, so going through the issues for Item 2 which will be looking at the ALS criteria and expectations. And there is quite a lot of work related to the application and approval process, looking at the criteria that we expect

of unaffiliated members. There seems to be quite a conflict between the major expectations that we have for ALSes and a very minimal expectation of individual members.

So, I think that there probably needs to be some sort of orientation to program 2 to ensure that everyone is on the same page when they enter into the At-Large family. We're going to be putting out a call for membership, we will work on a work plan. We've got until the end of the year, but this is going to be a focused activity. I think of the activities that are left, of the eight, there is a little bit topping up that needs to be done with some of the activities. But until we get this one done, Cheryl cannot really get her work done within the metrics activity that needs to be looked at; that will be the final one and it's the overarching one, sort of like what metrics are applied, to ensure that we have consistent progress towards those activities that we considered of concern that we needed to give priority to. Okay, so that's just an update on ARIWG, if anyone has any questions or queries on that? Okay, good.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Maureen it's Alan, I have had my hand up for a while.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Oh really? I'm sorry, I didn't have my have my screen up high enough, thank you Alan.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. Regarding Item #2 and ALS performance or whatever we're calling it, I believe a call went out for membership in the renewed metrics group sometime well before the ICANN meeting, I don't remember the exact date, and I'm wondering what is the status of that and has the mailing list been repopulated? Since that is what we're waiting for to get work going.

MAUREEN HILYARD: The metrics group?

ALAN GREENBERG: I believe Staff should know about it.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, Alan, this is Heidi. You're correct, a call did go out right before ICANN65 and I don't believe there was any response. I'm not sure if you wish to do another call or as Maureen noted, to move forward on the ALS individual and sharing expectations and then do another call.

ALAN GREENBERG: Can someone point me to when the call went out so I can see it, and I'll comment on it privately.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I think it went out on the 22nd of the month, it should have been May, it went out in June. It was the 22nd or the 23rd off the top of my head, something like that Alan, but yes, it went out, we already had some

people reconfirm, there is a number that we can ditch because nobody's heard from them anyway, but that shouldn't be stopping Maureen's proposal of getting the work party and the work plan active on Issue 2.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, the last time we discussed it, I was told to wait until the mailing list was reconstituted. Alright. We'll talk offline.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: As long as the nexus is there, that's fine, we can use this mailing list as it's written right now, some people will drop off, but the archives are the archives, not a problem.

MAUREEN HILYARD: More discussion on this Alan between you and I offline, but there is definitely a need to reconstitute the Issue 2 team so that we can get going on that one.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright, let's take it offline.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you. So, if you are interested, there will be a call going out and we'll get started on that very, very shortly. Okay, so now that we know where we are with that one, let's move on. Okay, ATLAS III update, that's going to be interesting. There is a lot happening with ATLAS III as

we move on. We'll go through the program as it sits, Program Update and Next Steps from Eduardo and Olivier. Eduardo? Olivier?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. So, we had a call earlier this week with Joanna and Vanda who are the leaders of the Programme Working Group, program subgroup of the Programme Working Group and we are going to have a call with David Kolb sometime next week. We have a plan moving forward with the topic, of course, and now what we're really looking forward to build is effectively the mix of sessions that we'll be dealing with teaching people things, and the sessions that we'll be working on this case study, the case study being the EPDP. I've sent a note to Alan and Hadia to start the preliminaries on this so we're going to put little groups of 10 people that will represent each one of the stakeholder communities, then we're going to get them to do some study before they meet face-to-face.

There is going to be a webinar to explain the EPDP to them maybe a month or a month-and-a-half before ATLAS III takes place, and we're going to put them in a situation where each one of them is going to defend their stakeholder group points as based on the Phase 1 of the EPDP. This is still far from being all built together and we will require the assistance of all the people that are involved in the EPDP, so not only our two selected representatives, but also the other people that are following the discussions in the EPDP. What we'll probably have to do is that those people who are directly involved and know about the EPDP will be able to act as mentors when the exercise takes place in ATLAS III. So that's the position that we're in now.

As I said, we put together a calendar of how much we should have done by September and then October. Hopefully we'll have most of the background topic information and the individual positions of the different stakeholders ready by September and then we'll be able to get the participants to read about those and take on their characters. We will be allocating people to a stakeholder group, having them choose a stakeholder group is just too complicated and also runs the likelihood of having an unbalanced set of stakeholders. So, that's where we are. As I said, David Kolb next week, we will give him some feedback on the first proposal he's come up, then we'll take from there. I'm happy to answer any questions.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Right, so, are there any questions for Olivier on the program? I think that the ATLAS III participant are going to be involved in quite a bit of lead up work to ICANN66. It actually sounds quite exciting. So I think that there is going to be quite a lot of activity and lots of sharing information, as well. I don't see any hands at the moment, hang on, okay, Olivier Crepin-Leblond has his hand up, because he can.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you Maureen, Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. So that was the first part, just the program itself. Now the second part, just to follow up, we have also had a call with Internet Society that will be sponsoring a lunch, and the topic for discussion in that lunch is a topic that affects ICANN without being exactly an ICANN topic, and that's the topic of regulation. So here again we will be working with Internet Society for

them to propose to us a stimulating lunch discussion among all participants.

It's something that is wider than ICANN because regulation is likely to be regulation in all sorts of things, including content, including obviously the critical infrastructure, including cybersecurity, and the discussion of course is how much regulation is needed, how much regulation is not needed, how much should remain as it currently is. So it's likely to be a very interesting topic for our participants, and I know that many of our At-Large structures are not just dealing solely with ICANN matters, but they are also very active in their countries on these topics, and the topic of regulation is particularly hot at the moment in many countries around the world. That's the second thing.

The third thing, we are in discussion as well for some potentials cocktails, either cocktails or lunch from another group, and that's the Brand Registry group. I think I can say it now because there may be a formal offer aspect, they wanted to move forward, I met them last week. They are an organization that deals with brands and brings brands on the internet. They're connected somehow to Microsoft, so they basically will be telling us a little bit about the top level domains for brands, which is something I think we haven't really been looking at very much.

I don't know if there is opposition or positive things in our community about it, and they were quite eager to speak to us on this. Now I am going to follow up with VeriSign on some sponsorship, as well, just like we had last time. Unlikely that we would have any kind sponsorship from PIR, since, as you know, PIR funds the Internet Society and the

Internet Society is already doing a lung with us. If there are any other organizations that you feel we should be talking to, please contact me offline and I will be happy to follow up with them.

Bearing in mind we've also got a little bit of money from ICANN for a meet and greet, I think Heidi might be able to know about that. We have quite a full set of things going on there for our community and we might also wish to give them a little bit of free time, as well, for them to also join other meetings. And I'm sure that because this is an AGN, there will also be a number of other events taking place. So, that's where we are now on the sponsorship, as well. I thought it would be a good time to mention this.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Very good, thank you, and it's really good to see that there are organizations that are supporting us in our work, and I might look into something myself, I'll get back to you Olivier. That sounds really quite exciting and I think that with the program and having that support, it looks very positive for ATLAS III.

Okay, so moving up to the Travelers Update. I think at the moment, I think Gisella will follow on for this, but I think we've actually had one person who had to withdraw because of his work commitment. But at this stage we're quite late with regard to travel, so there will be no substitutes. We will be continuing on with whatever is left of our team of 60. But Gisella can you can give for anyone who is a traveler an update? Just before you do, though, I noticed that Alberto has his hand up, so if we could have Alberto please.

ALBERTO SOTO: Alberto speaking. Thank you very much. Olivier talked about the participation of ALSes regarding regulation. I participated in three IGS in the LACRALO region, and in the third IGS meeting there was a discussion about regulation and the multistakeholders were there as well. So I think that in relation to what was mentioned the participation of ALSes in this subject should be taken to the meetings with GAC. Because this would be the feedback we are needing. Thank you very much.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Alberto. Okay, noted. Gisella, if we can have an update on travelers and what their requirements are.

GISELLA GRUBER: Maureen, thank you, this is Gisella for the transcript. The travelers for ATLAS III have been submitted to Travel Support and that was done by the deadline of 4th of July. Travel Support has I believe already reached out to the travelers, there are certain documents which they need to complete, and at this stage, Travel Support will be doing all the checks that ICANN requires for funded travelers. Most, I think several of them have already received the welcome email with the approved dates of arrival and departures. So from there they will be working directly with Travel Support and with SCM, to not only arrange their travel but also to make their visa arrangements if they require visas for Canada. An update then, a reminder that the hotels we only notified about the rooming allocation closer to the time, that will also be sent directly from Travel Support.

And then I just wanted to add on to your comment earlier about the welcome reception. On Sunday the 3rd of November there will be a welcome reception, no doubt at the ATLAS III hosting hotel for the ATLAS III travelers. Further details will be sent out as soon as we finalize that. Then with regard to the program, Olivier and the program committee are working on that, headed by Olivier and Eduardo. We will be posting information as and when it becomes available on the ATLAS III Wiki page.

I just wanted to point out that at this stage we don't yet have the block schedule for ICANN66, so in order to be able to place all the elements, we need to have the block schedule from the meeting team, so I'm hoping that we will have that latest early next week to be able to start working on the ICANN66 and ATLAS III schedule, because with regard to meeting forms and I need to submit between the 21st of August and the 4th of September, so we're already coming toward the deadlines within the next month. If you have any questions, I'm open to any questions. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you Gisella. We have a question from Judith.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Yes, this is Judith Hellerstein for the record. Glenn and I and Alfredo have been working on the North American School of Internet Governance and several of the fellow and At-Large participant have applied for that, as well, and Glenn has been in contact with many of them to try to get them the paperwork needed for visas, and I'm not

sure if he's back on the line, I think I saw him there, but I just wanted to give you an update on that, because we are working hard on the program which is going to be great, and Glenn has been working hard on getting people hotels and also if you subscribed to the GDPR extension on that. So I just wanted to give everyone an update on that. If you've applied and you haven't heard from Glenn, let us know. If I reached out to you and you haven't reconfirmed your speaking engagement, let me know. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Judith. I think it's a great opportunity that NARALO is offering and has offered people who have an opportunity to go to NASIG. Just a reminder, too, for travelers, the travelers who aren't engaged in anything else but ATLAS III, that the travel will only be from arriving on Sunday, so the program starts on Monday and finishes on Thursday, so the travel will be on Friday, so it's a Sunday to Friday thing. So it does mean that unless you're going to pay for a couple of nights beforehand to attend the ALAC meeting, if you could arrive early on Sunday, you'll be able to make the Sunday program, but the ATLAS unfortunately only covers those days of the ATLAS program.

So those who are actually coming for the earlier SIG will already be involved, but they will need to cover themselves for the ALAC meeting, if they're planning on being there for that. So it's a little bit of a hiccup, but that's just the way that the program has been set up for Montreal, so that our program will just be for ALAC, it's just going to be on those two days of the weekend before the start of the actual conference on Monday morning. So, Gisella has given us a schedule update, we've had

an update on the sponsorship, if anyone has any other sponsors that they would like to pass on to Olivier, I'm sure he would be very grateful. So, that's all there is for ATLAS III, if there are any questions or queries, do keep in touch with us, and we'll see what we can do.

Moving on to Section 8, I think we've actually done quite a bit on the ICANN66 update and Next Steps. Unless Gisella has anything additional to add? Most of our work is related is related ATLAS. Is there anything you want to add to that one, Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER:

Maureen thanks, this is Gisella. We will be working with the ICANN66 planning committee on the schedule for the Saturday and Sunday, but again, ICANN66 is the ATLAS III so we will have ALAC working sessions on Saturday and Sunday, and then Monday through Thursday, as Maureen mentioned, will be dedicated to ATLAS III and other meetings with the Board and the GAC, public forum, as well as what used to be called cross community and high interest topic sessions which will now be referred to as plenaries. So as soon as we have any updates we will keep you posted. As usual we have the one stop shop Wiki page for our ICANN public meetings, and when the agendas are put together they will be posted there. But at this stage, nothing more to add. Thank you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Gisella. Okay, so we can therefore move to Item 9, Election of Seat 15 on the Board. Alan and Yrjö are in charge of that, and I think

we can get Alan to give us a brief update of where we're at and what is required moving forward on this. Alan?

CLAUDIA RUIZ: I think he's muted but not on Zoom.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, that's unusual. Planning for this, Alan will be in charge, there are two groups that are actually in charge of the election. It is important that he have intervention here because we are going to be looking for members to populate two groups that are going to be involved in this election, and there are some special conditions with relation to the two teams.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay, I'm here, I didn't know you were calling on me now. Phones always go down at the absolute worse time.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, of course, Murphy's Law.

ALAN GREENBERG: Alright, this was and briefly at a meeting in Marrakech. There is not a lot to update on, other than we had some delays in getting the call out and hopefully the call will go out in the next day or so. The call is going out, as I think Maureen may have already said, for the BMSPC and the BCEC, the two committees that are associated with the directory

selection. We will be keeping the calls open for almost three weeks for people to respond and then giving RALOs a week or so to come up with their selection. For the BMSPC, whether this is a vote of the electorate or the RALO leadership doing the selection, I guess that will depend partly on the RALO's decision. We're not expecting an awful lot of people so probably a small group of people in the RALO leadership is the best way to do it.

For the BCEC, because the candidates must have certain particular skills and based on our experiences recently with the NonCom, our strong suggestion is that RALO leadership convene a small group, typically a very small group, to make the selection. Similar to how the ALAC does the ALAC appointee selection committee. But in any case, we're expecting results from the RALOs a little bit past the middle of August and those groups will then be confirmed by the ALAC as the rules of procedure require, and will be convened for the BCEC early in September for the BMSPC hopefully a little bit before that, but it will depend on the exact dates.

The real critical issue is that for the BCEC the group is charged with identifying people who will be essentially excellent Board members, and I think we've had good success in the past and hopefully it will work. The BMSPC is not expected to be a very heavy workload, we really have these procedures down pretty pat at this point, not expecting an awful lot of discussion. The dates will have to be set quickly once we convene, but other than that, we're not expecting a huge amount of work. The other major issue will be talking about the mechanism by which the candidates can interact with the community, and that's one of the things that does tend to change from year to year. So in short, we're

looking for two members and an alternate for each of the groups from each RALO, and you will be seeing the announcement very shortly. Thank you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Alan. Okay, so we're running a little bit low on time and I was checking to see whether Jonathan has joined us, and I can't see his name yet. But we are going to return to the section on our policy update. So it may require Evin and Olivier to give us an overview of what's required, where we're at, and that will be raised in the 30th July ALAC meeting anyway, so that's probably one of our key items for that meeting, as well as an overview again of what we have discussed here, but without the discussion as such. Just before we go to that, just reminding people of the survey that Glenn mentioned in the chat, if you haven't done that, that would be really good, that would be very helpful. So, if we good go back to the policy section and if you could give an overview of where we're at with regard to policy before we close.

EVIN ERDOGDU:

Thank you, Maureen, this is Evin for the record. Jonathan should be joining shortly, but I'll go through the recent update. Since the last ALAC meeting there has been one comment that was ratified by the ALAC and that was on evolving ICANN's multistakeholder model which was also discussed extensively during ICANN65. There is currently just one public comment for decision which the CPWG will discuss later today or tonight, depending on where you are, at 1900 UTC, and that is

the revision to the ICANN bylaws regarding SSAC and RSAC leadership and is closes in a couple days.

But aside from this, there are five statements being drafted in response to public comments and one more informal CPWG comment on sub-probing. At least three out of those five statements have a first draft posted so the CPWG will be focusing on those and there are two more that have comments and are being developed. So stay tuned for updates on CPWG. I'll turn the floor to Olivier if he'd like to make comments. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, Olivier?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Maureen, Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. So indeed, yes, Evin has taken us through the different statements. Just to let you know, so the CPWG subsequent procedures comment is an informal thing that we've put together. There is no statement there yet, it's just for us to be ready and start jotting down notes about the subsequent procedures. They are not yet close to coming up with a public consultation but there has been some concern that some within the subsequent procedures have been pushing things forward and effectively this is such a huge topic that we really have to start looking now at the subsequent procedures work from now on and start taking notes, because when the consultation starts, it will really be too late to start reading all of the documents and so on. This is a huge undertaking, of course it's one of the ICANN main threads since this

subsequent procedures is about a future round of new generic top level domains.

The topic of IANA service level agreements for publishing LGRs and IDN tables, Holly has put a first draft and basically supports the recommendations of the CSC and so that is where we just provide support. The one on the fundamental bylaws amendment proposal, again, this is something if you recall a problem was being able to find unaffiliated ccNSO individuals to go. So people that are unaffiliated to the ccNSO to be part of a committee. And so Alan Greenberg has put in the chat that he believes the ALAC should comment and we should be supporting this change, but of course we have to understand that this proposed bylaw has to be proposed to the entire community. It's not just a bylaw change that happens like this, a process needs to happen.

So we would remind ICANN that this has to go through the entire community, it's the change, the amendment of a fundamental bylaw. The draft financial assumptions and projections for the finance plan, this has been sent to the Finance and Budget subcommittee. I've been watching that space, I haven't seen any movement on that. So I don't know who chairs the Finance and Budget subcommittee but I would suggest that this gets into gear and gets things moving. There is no draft submitted yet.

And then the one after that, involving the governance of the root server system, a number of people have commented on this and I believe Bastiaan Goslings has taken the input from everyone and has put something down, so we're very close to having a statement on this one, probably not really important now to write further comments because

we're reaching the end of this one. And then the definition of name collisions and scope of inquiry of the Names Collision Analysis Project the famous NCAP, I know that Justine has been working quite heavily on this and no doubt we will have heard tonight for me, but later on with Justine and Greg to tell us about this proposed comment. It's not a short one, and it's got a number of items in there. So, I expect some movement in the CPWG call on this one. That's all, thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you very much, Olivier, for that update. I see Alan has got his hand up.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Yes, regarding the bylaw change, the fundamental bylaw change related to the ccNSO. One of the purposes that there is a public comment right now is to give SOs and ACs, that is the five members of the empowered community, the opportunity to comment on this, and more specifically if the AC or SO is likely to reject the fundamental bylaw, it is really, really important that we say that and say why. So when the bylaw comes up, it can be changed to try to make sure that it is not rejected.

Now, at this point I don't believe we've heard anything to indicate that there are people within the At-Large community who believe we should reject it, but I think the onus is on us to make a comment and say that based on what we know today, we will be accepting it when it comes up for the empowered community decision. It's really, really important that if for any reason we're not going to be accepting it, that we serve notice potentially at this point.

Now, that doesn't stop us from changing our mind if the situation changes or we get new information, but I think we do have to speak up at this point. It doesn't have to be long, I don't remember if I drafted something or not, I'm certainly willing to, based on my knowledge from both the CCWG and as the empowered community representative for several years. But I believe we must go forward and do something on that one. I'm happy to do so if the group wants me to.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Alan. With regard to the financial plan, apologies that that hasn't been started and I think that now that the APRIGF is over for myself and I see that Judith is involved in the IGFUSA and we've got a couple weeks to get something in there, sort of like an interest area for us, and we'll see what we can do over the next couple weeks. Are there any other questions or queries related to this? Because if not, I think we might be able to finish just a few minutes within time.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Just one item on any items for the ALAC meeting? For planning, for the agenda setting.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Not off the top of my head. We can discuss it, but from we've actually discussed today, there may be an item that comes out of the Action Items. We must update the ALAC agenda urgently. Any other questions or queries from anyone? Okay, thank you very much. We'll see you at the ALAC meeting, if not before. Thank you very much. Bye.

CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Thank you everyone for joining the call, this meeting is now adjourned, please enjoy the rest of your day. Thank you.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]