
YESIM NAZLAR:

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome to the At-Large Technology Task Force call taking place on Monday, the 5th of August 2019 at 15:00 UTC. On our call today, we have Judith Hellerstein, Remmy Nweke, Glenn McKnight, Sonigitu Ekpe, Gordon Chillcott, Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Rudi Daniel, Jahangir Hossain, Fotjon Kosta.

We have received apologies from Alfredo Calderon, Maureen Hilyard, Satish Babu, and Raymond Mamattah.

From staff side, we have Heidi Ullrich, Evin Erdogdu, Mark Segall, and myself, Yesim Neslar, present on today's call. I will also be doing call management. As usual, just a kind reminder to please state your names before speaking for the transcription purposes. Now I would like to leave the floor back to you, Judith. Thank you very much.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Thank you, all, for coming. I'm hoping my audio is okay because I'm on a train. If not, Dev will carry on. So I want to welcome all new members to the call. I know we have a bunch of new people from NPOC and some other constituencies, so you're always welcome to join the call and we look forward to getting your input.

I think we'll start with the action items. Evin or Yesim, please start with those. Thank you.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

EVIN ERDOGDU: Thank you, Judith. As you can see, it's displayed on the Zoom room here all the action items from the previous Technology Task Force all are complete. Thank you, all. Back to you, Judith.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks so much, Evin. Dev, I think our next action item is the update from you and Mark on the LACRALO translation page. Dev, do you want to go first, or Mark, do you want to go first? Thanks.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Just to give a brief introduction, as you know the LACRALO translation tool has been in place since late third quarter 2017. To date, there's been several issues since the deployment of that modified tool by ICANN. The critical one being is that several e-mail messages – quite a few e-mail messages – are being lost in translation, so to speak, and that they are not being translated, so there are gaps in how the different language communities in LACRALO are discussing issues.

Mark Segall is here to give an update on the issue. For those who want to read about it, you are welcome to paste the link in the chat to get a full background regarding this. Mark?

MARK SEGALL: Thanks, Dev. The translation tool, as Dev mentioned, has been having some issues with just intermittent drops in malware. It gets received by one list. For whatever reason, it never makes it to the other list and that causes all kinds of pain for being able to follow a full conversation.

On our side, we've been trying to work on it internally and the main issue is it stems back from the original design of the service back in 2012 when there was never – it was built as a very ad hoc tool, light scripting, didn't really have the kind of logging we needed to be able to effectively troubleshoot issues.

So, over the last couple of months, we determined to continue trying to troubleshoot this existing [inaudible] proven to be too challenging, because one, we just don't have [inaudible] developers. The one we have is stretched very thin across multiple important services. So we've reached out to a third party to help us redevelop the tool in Java, and actually immediately following this discussion, I have a kick-off with that group. We spent the last month going to contract and negotiations and this morning here we're going to formally kick it off. The idea is in the next few weeks to at least get the functionality that is in there today, trying to put as much expediency on this as possible because we know [inaudible] been dealing with this problem for a while.

But [inaudible] from a functionality standpoint, what's there today with the increased logging so that if we do have these kinds of problems in the future, and even it's own health check. Not just logging but health check so that if you're sending an e-mail and then, for whatever reason, it never makes its way to Google Translate or the other mailing list failed to receive it we have some checkpoints there to be able to see where the failure ...

So, that's the update for now. I'll know more in the next week here as we really start to kick into this project the timeline, but we were anticipating about a four- to six-week development process. We have to

build from the ground up on java which is going to put us in a better position for troubleshooting it the future and maintaining because the majority of the team is java.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. Thanks for that, Mark. Well, as a first reaction, I think that it's [inaudible] that there's going to be a new version – well, not a new version, but basically a new tool, actually, while trying to maintain the previous version.

I know you're saying the kick-off is next week, but in your discussions with the [inaudible] put together to develop the tool in java, was there any sort of expected timeframe for when you're kicking off on next week to [inaudible] see a beta version or any sort of timeline do you have in mind?

MARK SEGALL: Yeah. We're actually kicking off today and solidifying the timeline will be in the next week or so. I think the unknown is how much time it's going to be for that foundational work. Right now, we've factored in about four to six weeks for the timeframe but we'll have a better understanding of that in the next week or so as they build up initial infrastructure.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. Thanks for that. Any comments or questions from the group? Looking on the list. I'm seeing no hands raised. Well, thanks again, Mark, for this. I would just like to suggest, obviously, that as you kick off

that the weekly updates still continue to happen, just so that we're briefed as to what's going on. As always, I'm available to answer any questions or give any inputs to this team if there's any queries in terms of how methodologies or what's worked in the past and so on, or what didn't work in the past.

Seeing no further questions, I think, Judith, we can turn it back over to you.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Thanks so much. I don't think Olivier is on but we could start up with a question of knowledge management. The question we have, next topic we have, was about knowledge management. Maybe we'll take the question from – I don't know if during the [inaudible] if – I know she's on ... Is she still in charge of the [website] and different tracking? If so, the question is more in the sense, one, of Olivier [inaudible] to track [inaudible] some of that stuff, the ability to track [inaudible] that were either on Wiki or others or [inaudible]. I know we talked about the Slack idea, some other ideas. We have a lot of different issues and different working groups [inaudible].

YESIM NAZLAR:

Judith, I think you're breaking up. Dev, would you like to continue?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH:

Okay.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: You can't hear me?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Hi, Judith. You got quite garbled there. Unless you want to try again and see if you're able to complete it. I see, also, Olivier is on the call, by the way. Are you able to speak, Judith?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: I'm going to give it to Olivier since he's on the call and I'll let him [inaudible].

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Okay. Judith, you're still a little bit gargled, but from what I heard, you wanted to give Olivier the floor to explain his question. So, Olivier, please go ahead.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Dev. Can you hear me?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Yes, we can.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, fantastic. Thank you. The reason for my query is because during the last cross-community working group on Internet governance face-to-face meeting with the Board Working Group on Internet Governance, the group decided that what it really needed was to have a kind of

platform for exchanging information about Internet governance issues, whether one is tracking the Internet Governance Forum or somebody is tracking what's happening at the ITU, at the United Nations, at the General Assembly, on all of the different fora that are out there, whether it's the Global IGF or the Regional or National IGFs. All of the things that the group is currently tracking.

What we have found with time is by just sending the e-mail of what's happening onto the mailing list, this somehow gets lost because it's very, very difficult to consult later on or even search. We don't have some kind of a knowledge management system that puts things into different boxes.

The use of Wikis is also found to be a problem because many people are not versed with Wikis and no matter how much you try and teach them how to use them and so on, they find it cumbersome and just don't have the energy to be able to transfer all this information onto a Wiki.

So, what we are somehow looking for is some kind of a system that we could use that would be easy to use for putting updates in each one of the different tracks that are taking place, so somebody can actually basically look back at all of the stuff that's happened at the UN or all the stuff that's happened at the IGF or look at what's happened in the last IGF in Paris or the one before that or the next one coming up. Some kind of a knowledge management. I wouldn't call it tool because that sometimes means that you have to develop something, but effectively, recommendations for a system that would be helpful in that matter for us to be able to track things and keep track of things and that's easy to

use for people to be able to understand in their way. That's an open question.

Now, I have been in discussions with Ashwin Rangan about this. Ashwin is the CIIO in ICANN and he has basically saw this as – well, Slack is one of the softwares that are being tested out in ICANN. This probably is not the sort of tool that would be helpful for our purposes. But that being said, it might be that there are extensions or things that might be out there, maybe even confluence extensions or things that could be helpful for us, and therefore that's why I sent a note over to the Technology Task Force knowing that we've got a lot of real experts on the group and if anybody has some suggestions for us to be able to constitute this platform for exchange of information between the different participants in the cross-community working group on Internet governance.

I'll stop here and look forward to hear from any of you that might have good ideas. Thank you.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Thanks so much, Olivier. Maybe Mark or Laura will have ideas. I asked Laura because she has been working with websites and other things. I'm hoping that works.

MARK SEGALL:

Just going back and forth with Laura on this one. I agree this one requires a little bit more vetting in terms of what would be the right tool. I think if we come together more on the requirements, I think Olivier [inaudible]. It may be an option for the Wiki or maybe it's an

entirely new tool that needs to be explored. But I agree that Slack is more of just a communication, not necessarily a place for maintaining this kind of content. I think that, at least, for an action on this, we should probably just start working towards solidifying the requirement on it so that we can take it through our [PLC] process which includes how we vet new tools.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Judith, my hand is up. I'm on Adigo.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Oh, great. Glenn, go ahead.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: To respond to Olivier's suggestion from our talent pool here, being on the ISOC Board, we're using a tool called BoardEffect. I'll share with the group how we're using that as a way to track information and sharing resources. It seems to work quite well. Again, the question back, Judith, is we've seen it again and again where we've asked and suggested things, even a simple thing about payment of a Slack account. It always comes back saying there's no money. Judith, I don't want to waste my time suggesting things and get the normal response back. "I'm sorry, there's no money to do this." So I guess I just want to flag that.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks, Glenn, for that. Mark, do you want to have a quick response before I go to Dev or what? Thanks so much.

MARK SEGALL: I think the best we can do whenever we're exploring new options like this is to just take it through our vetting process. Glenn, you raised a point that there's always going to be contingent upon budget and availability as well. There's a whole prioritization process that we've [inaudible] a frozen pipeline for engineering type projects. It's an unfortunate step we just have to go through to move forward on something like this.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks so much, Mark, for that. Do you know, Mark, other ... Maybe what we could also do is put out to the different communities and constituencies and see if they also have this problem and then that would raise the priority level of this issue, so then that way when it's raised, you could possibly have more of an effort to do something more urgently, to talk to Ashwin or others, a lot of communities are asking for this. And maybe some kind of survey out to them if you have any thoughts on that.

MARK SEGALL: I'm open to that.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks so much, Mark. Dev?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thanks, Judith. [inaudible]. I think this is really one of our huge challenges, I won't say [inaudible] in Internet governance but within ICANN itself.

Two things I've been trying to look at is try to figure out ways you could consolidate things into communication channels. For example, you mentioned staff may not be the most suitable. I'm not sure why we need to respond onto that. But, for example, what I use for Slack, in the announcements, when we have a hashtag for announcements – and I posted a screenshot. What I've done for the announcements is that I get the update from Google Calendar when there's meetings coming up, when there's a meeting happening one hour before. Also, the updates from the At-Large Twitter and also updates from the At-Large blog.

I generally just have one Slack open in the background on my desktop computer and I get the updates or notifications this way. So that's one way of perhaps trying to consolidate some of the information flow. You can look at that type of thing. And of course with Slack you can then have discussions tagged with a hashtag, so that if you wanted to have discussions on digital divide within Internet governance, you can have a Slack channel for that, and those persons that care about digital divide issues can go to that or those that care about ICANN issues or the DNS. There's a separate Slack channel for that.

The other aspect of it – and I think the challenge was why e-mails don't work is because, well, e-mails have proven to be so challenging is that with everybody moving to mobile, it's kind of hard to keep track of threads and you're scrolling back and forth and it's really a bit more challenging to see what are the new messages coming in, especially

when you have lots of mailing lists, which ICANN has and certain various Internet governance lists are as well.

One of the things I was trying to experiment with was something called RSS, which essentially is for the syndication of headlines from various blogs. I was wondering if it was possible to have a mailing list have that type of feature.

Currently, Mailman, there is apparently some experimental support in Mailman 3, although I'm not sure if Mailman 3 is even being deployed or looked at in ICANN.

But one example, I posted a link to the At-Large blog. What I did, I curated various news from the RIRs. The RIRs are the entities that allocate IP addresses to the various regions. So if you look at that link I posted in the chat, you see that it collates live what are the latest headlines from the RIRs, so at least there is some semblance of keeping track of what is the latest thing.

In terms of historical analysis, I'm not sure how that could be easily done unless there's some sort of human curator to curate those kind of histories. And I say a blog simply because it's essentially a website that's mobile friendly, it becomes easier to browse, search and everything like that.

The problem with the Confluence Wiki of course is that it's not mobile friendly at this point, although with the latest Confluence Wiki update that ICANN did, the Confluence app does work with it. So there's a slight plus there.

I'll stop now and hear from some feedback.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks, Dev, for that. Also, Olivier, did you want to add to this or do you have a separate question? Thanks.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Judith. I actually am really thankful of all the different pointers that Dev has given us here that kind of point in different directions to explore.

One of the questions with regards to the blogs was that in general, blogs, when they're written and so on, require some proper login, people to log in and test things out, create pages and things like this. It's quite an involved thing.

Are there any software or blog systems where basically, let's say one of the participants sends a quick account of what's happened in the past day at the IGF MAG, let's say, and then can we forward this over to an address that would then publish it on a blog? So we'd have one address for the IGF thread and one address for the UN thread, and one address for the WTO thread and one address for the ITU thread, let's say.

Is this maybe one of the things that could be done?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Just to say that blog software such as WordPress does allow for an e-mail address to be used for posting to the blog. So if somebody's

composing something that goes to an e-mail list, that same email could be blind carbon copied so that the blog is updated.

I think one challenge of course is that you have to be very careful, because obviously if somebody finds that secret e-mail address, you can wind up with spam and whatever junk goes there, because there's no authentication in that regard. So that's the challenge with that approach.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: So you'd need a curator or something for this?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: I think ultimately, you would need a curator. And like I said, you can call it like announcements from the various social media pages, like bringing things under a particular hashtag appearing on one page, that could be done on a blog fairly easily.

So if you want the latest information on what's happening, that can be automated, but I think long-term curation, especially when you want to create a sensible thread, I think that actually does require some – I think you need a human curator to really edit that and get the history properly in the proper heading. "This is what happened here, here, here" and so on.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks so much, Dev, for that, and Olivier. I guess my question then is, if the blog right now is not on the ICANN domain side, are we going to

have a problem going forward with that? And whether we can administer this by ourselves, and maybe Mark or Laura, you could answer some questions regarding that. Thank you.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Just one final comment on this. Well, for those not aware, I developed a stakeholder tool that tries to collate all the information about the stakeholders and the various ICANN constituencies, and then collected all of that in a dashboard. That works in a kind of automated way in a sense that it pulls the information from the various AC and SO websites to find out who the members are and where they're from, more importantly, and then the spreadsheet itself tabulates all of this information, like what are the number of members from this region and so forth.

So I'm just saying that in theory, a spreadsheet, humble as it may be, can be used to really collate some type of thing to really get some sort of dashboard type of thing. And that could pull the information from the blog to summarize important trends, like there's a lot of activity in the DNS thread and the WHOIS information. That is heating up. There's been less involvement in IDNs. That type of stuff. So a spreadsheet can be used to pull in updates on the blog and you can generate [ideas] and trends. That's one observation.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks, Dev. Thanks so much. Mark, could you quickly get some – whether this kind of thing is doable for you or whether there's another

solution, or how [inaudible] in relation to the other stream of ICANN's website? And will we be able to have any staff support on this? Thanks.

MARK SEGALL:

I agree with what Dev is saying, that there's some stuff that can be done with Google sheets and other tools like that. But for us, it always comes down to prioritization of resources. We're constrained in that regard, and I think ultimately, this is just one of those things that needs to be discussed as part of our [frozen] pipeline and prioritized with the other work that we have.

No matter what tool we're using, there's going to be some level of staff involvement to get that going. Some might be easier than others, but that's the general gist of it.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Thanks so much, Mark. So Evin, can we have an AI on this to track back with Mark on this, as well as also possibly looking at doing a survey out to the different communities so that we can get their input? And I feel if we can get as many communities' input that this is something we want, we can get this higher priority for the IT team and then [it'll go higher up and may even be helping depending if all communities] say they want this. So if it's possible, with can have an AI for this. Thanks so much. Evin?

EVIN ERDOGDU:

Oh, yes. Sure. I'm sorry. You may not have seen the Zoom chat. Noted. Thank you, Judith.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks so much. And Dev, maybe you want to explain the next one for Laura. Thanks so much.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thanks. So the next item on the agenda is updates on the ITI.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Dev, it was the one about the board tracking and the [inaudible] on the other one.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you very much for correcting me. Sorry, Judith. So the board tracking tool, just to give a background behind it, the TTF [did] a budget request asking for how the tracking of how the board responds to At-Large advice, because historically, it was felt that we were giving lots of advice, and we could go back and we've done lots of statements, but how does the board actually respond to it, and did it actually lead to any changes in ICANN policy?

So this was part of the request behind this, and we submitted this about two, three years ago, close to three years now, and ICANN's staff has been working on a board tracking tool that was being developed and how the board responds to the various ACs and SOs.

So I believe either Mark or Laura would be responding, giving us an update on what has been happening on the development of this tool. Thanks.

LAURA BENGFORD:

Thank you. Yeah, just a couple of comments on this. As you know, as we've been working on over the past couple years an internal tool for ICANN to take all of the inputs, starting out with At-Large, SSAC and RSSAC, and putting them into our internal tracking tool which is on Salesforce, it's working very well. We have added staff support to that, and the team who manages that has a full staff that kind of supports incoming policy changes as well as other actions from the organization and filtering them to the right folks in the organization, escalating them up to the board, tracking the board decision and then tracking the implementation as we get our direction from the board and the community.

So it is more of an action tracking tool, a board tracking tool. It's not necessarily as policy system. I know the original request that came in a couple years ago was kind of more articulated as a policy tool. And part of the board tracking tool does include policy, and I'm just kind of curious to see or hear maybe a little bit more about what the additional policy comments are that aren't being tracked in the board tracking tool that maybe we need to look at a little bit further in terms of those requirements.

And secondly, if the changes in reporting the implementation plans, once those actions are finalized, has been helpful, and if some of those improvements have been noticed by this group. Thank you.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Laura, thank you. Dev, do you have an answer? And then we'll go to Heidi after Dev.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Not quite. Let's let Heidi go ahead first.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you very much, Dev. Thank you, Judith. Hi, everyone. I did provide a couple of updates. The first one is I've put a link into the chat. This is a [public] page, it talks about [inaudible]

YESIM NAZLAR: Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. Can you not hear me?

YESIM NAZLAR: Now we can hear you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Sorry. So a couple of things. I did put this public page [inaudible] in the chat. I [inaudible] for the ALAC [inaudible] interested in where we are with board advice. So that's [inaudible] as Laura mentioned, the internal facing part, there is an extremely detailed process for tracking board advice from the various ACs.

We have regular calls where we update [inaudible] various issues, various [pieces of advice from the ALAC to the board,] and also in fact today, I'm going to be having a call with León and some of the members of the staff who manage this registry to talk about one of the items that is going to be closed, recommended to be closed.

So I just want to point out that we do work on this very regularly, and again, take a look at the external page for information on this issue. Thank you.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Heidi, thanks so much for that. We'll look at this and then get back and see if we have any changes. Dev, did you want to add anything before we move on?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Yes. Well, I see the features that the board advice, but I think I do have a concern that there's really no effective search function, it seems. So if you wanted to search for, okay, let's look at all of the ICANN board decisions as it relates to WHOIS, unless I'm missing it, is there a way to do that?

secondly, is there a way to search the PDF itself? Is the text on the PDF of the actual advice that's been submitted by the various – well, not just ALAC but the various other ACs and SOs? Is that searchable? I don't really get the intent. Again, I could be wrong. If Heidi or Laura can answer that.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yeah, Dev, if I may, if Evin could note these two questions as action items, I'm happy to raised them on the call this afternoon that I'll be having with León and the team that manages that document. But on the PDF, I would think that any PDF is searchable. Thank you.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Heid, thanks for this. Sometimes they are, sometimes they're not a PDF. But Mark would know more about the search capabilities of the PDFs. It depends [how they were posted.] Mark, can you answer that?

MARK SEGALL:

Hi. The tool that's created [and that is] tracking information is Salesforce, and basically, they're extracting a report from Salesforce into a PDF. And it's my understanding that PDF is searchable. It's not a situation where you're scanned into a PDF and you don't have that ability to read the content there. so I don't think that's the problem. I think the PDF should be searchable.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks so much, Mark. Okay, well, thanks for this. We'll look into that and see. Dev, did you have anything else, before we move on to, for Mark? Or does anyone else have any questions that we would like answered at this point?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Just to note while some individual PDFs may be searchable, it doesn't appear to be easily searchable in one location. So as [Laura] is pointing out, it's not searchable across SOs and ACs at this point. [inaudible] about the knowledge management aspect where if you wanted to get really steeped in the history of how a topic evolved within ICANN, like WHOIS, there's nowhere we could do it. Again, looking at the board advice webpage, I'm not seeing a way to do that. So that's something I think that really needs to happen.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Dev, thanks so much. So Heidi, can you make this an AI for your call for this afternoon to find out about Dev's question? And Laura's response, because you said PDFs [aren't searchable] across SO/ACs at this point, and that's what we would like to happen. So if you could put this as an AI, that would be great.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. Evin, if you could just send those to me. Just [note any] questions and send them to me, and I'll add them to the agenda. Thank you.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Thanks so much, Heidi. Any other questions on this area? Okay. And this whole issue of knowledge management and the ability to find things within the Technology Taskforce and all the SO/ACs has been something that we've been looking at for a long time, and I thought we would ask Mark to give us an update on the information transparency project, [which is] also the data access, but that is more about open data and what sites are going to be open. But I think the transparency one is also working on the website first and finding out whether the – trying to create the knowledge management tool for everything. So Mark, I'll let you discuss that. Thank you so much.

MARK SEGALL:

Hi. So yes, the information transparency initiative – ITI – has been in flight now for about a year and a half. We're currently targeting a soft launch in the April time frame of next year.

The big thing that you're going to notice from a [site visitation] perspective is that many of the pages – the topic we were just talking about for example, many of the pages are like that where there's these tables that scroll for days. And the idea is that we're going to have landing pages for some of these, like for example registry agreements would be a good one, not just being able to filter alphabetically but also to say "I want to see all those that have, say, a Spec 13 or I want to see all those that have been terminated."

That's just an example of the type of feature you'll see with many of these pages. So the end goal is for this to be a highly improved findability on the site when you need to look for something.

We also envisioned at a stage down the road this is going to open the door for things like integration with [the tracker, ALR,] you can have data being pulled straight from Salesforce and be able to have the same kind of filtering capability, so exactly what you were asking for. But again, that's down the road because it's a separate integration that has to come into play and more thought needs to go into it. The first stage of the ITI is purely about getting the icann.org content into this new framework and open the door for us to have a truly multi-site environment so that at a future state for example At-Large would be integrated where you can have an announcement that's pertinent to At-Large, maybe it gets posted in one place and then is visible – maybe it's posted in a centralized announcement repository and it's displayed both on icann.org and on At-Large.

So that's just examples of where ITI will go in the future, but for launch, the icann.org as you know it today will have improved search.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Thanks so much, Mark. That's very helpful. And right now, it's only on the website. Do we know any dates when the wikis will be included in that or not? Thanks so much.

MARK SEGALL:

I know that the Wiki is definitely one that's been an important item. We're having some discussion now on what is the future of the Wiki. This is another one of those services that was put out there seven, eight years ago without a lot of oversight and governance around it, so it's become one of those things that's challenging to maintain. So the idea

[is we] need to determine what are the goals of this Wiki, what do we want it to do for us, and then let's invest in getting it where it needs to go. And if that means moving some stuff into icann.org or moving stuff from icann.org into the Wiki, [have tight] integration, all those kind of thoughts that might go through your head, that's ultimately the kinds of discussions that we're wanting to have, and Heidi and I have had some preliminary discussion just where do we need to take this. We're going to keep going on that. There's no time frame at this point, because as the icann.org moves in, we're going to have – that's just one of our many sites that needs to be addressed. So at this time, there's not really a timeframe on the Wiki.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Mark, thanks so much. Dev, I saw you have your hand up.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: I was just wondering if there's any sort of mockups of how they envisage this. That was going to be my question. Just so we can perhaps better see how this is all tying in together rather than [inaudible]. That was my question.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks so much, Dev. Mark, is there?

MARK SEGALL: If you're talking from perspective of how icann.org and the Wiki are going to be integrated, no, not yet. We're just having – I think right now

the problem is that we just need to wrap our arms around what exactly is on the Wiki and across the board. There's some groups that have just been doing their own thing for several years, and getting that data ownership and understanding of every aspect of what's stored there is a big part.

From the perspective of all the other websites and their integration, we do not have anything specific at this time. I think the team's focus has just been trying to get that foundation in place, which is ITI, but I fully expect to start putting those kinds of artifacts together as we get closer to the finish line on this first iteration with ITI.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Mark, thanks so much. Always fascinating. We've been discussing knowledge management here in the TTF for many years, so hopefully this will be very helpful. And also, I'm hoping it'll also set standards, because I know several other constituencies don't tag their pages like we do, and that's also been a problem, finding other pages and finding announcements. [As you can see,] at the bottom of every page, we have a little tag. This one says TTF 2019, but others say different things, and other pages from different constituencies don't and there's no standardization on that, and there's also no standardization on how are the constituencies [inaudible] because it's up to every constituency to understand, to [decide] what they want to do with their. And I guess I was hoping the ITI would provide some standardization that all ICANN websites have to follow. Because right now, I know there isn't. Constituencies can do whatever they want and how they want their pages displayed. Thanks.

MARK SEGALL:

Absolutely. That's one of the biggest parts of this project, was actually the nontechnical part, the content strategy that went into forming a taxonomy, and that taxonomy is expected to be leveraged for all future sites. And not to mention templates. So a good example would be board resolutions could be captured in a way that we can use that as a template for, say, an At-Large function or a ccNSO function, [or the way we template out]for a more simple like announces and blogs, having that and a shared template means we can add expediency to how fast we can deliver some of these content types to these sites, where in the past, it was reinventing the wheel on every single website.

So I do believe that that's one of those unspoken values that we're getting out of ITI.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Mark, again, thanks so much for the information. Do we have any other questions for Mark or discussions on the ITI? Please let me know. I know we would love to have more information on this, but that's just something we're always interested. Anyone else on Adigo have any questions?

Okay, last call for questions on this. Okay. So as I see no questions, we'll [touch] briefly because there's only six minutes left on the next two topics, which is Dev and I have worked on a review and update to the [inaudible] technology issue page. If you could bring that up and also past it in the chat.

So what we've done is with the Zoom and other areas, we have a technology page where we track different statuses, different technologies, [so if we're seeing that] LACRALO's trending and we type in what was being done on that. But if others have issues regarding Zoom, please send them to us and then we'll track them also on the Zoom page. And some of them are questions like still waiting to know whether Zoom will update their program to allow people to see chat after they logged in, like Adobe. So any other issues that you have with Zoom, please send them to us with as much information as possible and technical information, and we can post some of them, Mark can follow up with the appropriate IT team, with [Sarah] and her group.

So this is something that we've been working on and we just recently updated it to take out all the old Adobe information which is no longer very relevant. So one of the things that we would like to continue throughout is [– this is why I insisted that we] put it all in the chat, Zoom, because of the way it shares by sharing desktops, the share screen is not available to people with screen readers. That's why we asked to have the text of the page, a link to the page for every single constituency to be posted in the chat.

I've talked about this with other constituencies and language services and other groups, but Mark, is there a way to make an AI for all the different constituencies, to have them host every single link when they talk about what's on the screen in the chat so others can see it? Thanks so much.

MARK SEGALL: I'll have to get back to you on that. I've got some notes here from Sarah. I'm just making sure that's one of the things that she'd captured.

So this is not automatic transcriptions from Zoom, right? This is something that's ...

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: No, so Mark, this is like for instance we see a screen here, we're showing the technology issues page because we're sharing a desktop, a screen. A blind person using a screen reader cannot see it because the screen reader cannot read the other person's desktop [inaudible] but the screen reader can read the chat and they can pull up the chat text and then display it on their phone.

So what we'd like is every single constituency that uses Zoom, if we could make it standard saying that, yes, everyone who uses Zoom also whenever they post something up have to also post it in the chat. So that way a person using a screen reader can see, "Okay, yes, here, now I can see what's on the screen."

MARK SEGALL: Yeah. So the update I got from Sarah on that one was that currently the only workaround listed is the only solution. [MTS] can advise but not enforce Org staff to share documents via chat, e-mail or Google Drive.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yeah. Maybe we could put this [inaudible] how do we get – I guess maybe suggest that if we could have something that's a suggestion to all

constituencies, that the reason why they have to do this is X, and leave it like that. Because I think most will do it, but they just don't know it's needed.

MARK SEGALL: Yeah. I can follow up with Sarah on this.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks so much. I know we only have one minute to go, so I note [that the other thing –] I guess we'll leave the others to another time. Dev, do you want to have the last minute before we end the call?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Just to say obviously that we really want the community to submit heir technology issues so that they can be tracked and looked at by the TTF. So do take a look at the page and see the various issues that are there, and if you have any comments or any suggestions, please submit them. Otherwise, we're not going to be able to answer those questions you may have, or to resolve those issues.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks so much for that. And I know we're out of time on this, but any last burning issues before we have anything? Otherwise, we'll [as always] schedule a call next month at our normal time of 15:00 UTC. So thanks so much for this, and for Mark and Laura. Dev, your hand is still up. Is that another issue?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Old hand.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Okay. Well, thanks so much for this, and as Dev says, we need all the constituencies to submit any comments you have so we can follow up with them, track them on the technology issues page.

Thanks so much to everyone who came on the call, and Evin will send out the AIs and hopefully discuss and will have more information on our next call. Thanks so much, everyone.

YESIM NAZLAR: Thank you all for joining today's call. This meeting is now adjourned. Have a lovely rest of the day. Bye.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]