
BRENDA BREWER:

Thank you and good day everyone, this is Brenda speaking. Welcome to ATRT3 Plenary Call 19 on the 3rd of July, 2019 at 1100 UTC. Members attending the call today are Vanda, Cheryl, Daniel, Demi, Jaap, Jacque, Pat, Wolfgang, Ramet. We have observers Sophie and Chokri. From ICANN Org, Jennifer, Negar, Brenda. We have Bernard Turcotte joining as our Technical Writer and we have apologies from Michael, Erica, Maarten and Tola mentioned that he would be delayed today. Today's meeting is being recorded; I'd like to remind you to please state your name before speaking for the record. Cheryl and Pat, I'm happy to turn the call over to you. Thank you. I'm sorry, I'd like to add Sebastien to the rollcall. Thank you.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Thank you, and I believe Osvaldo also noted he was here as well. Thanks for that, Brenda. Cheryl Langdon-Orr for the transcript record. Just getting some of the administrivia done and then I'll hand over to Pat. Is there anybody who needs to update their Statements of Interest?

Not seeing any hand up or note in the room. Just to remind you all, Wolfgang has joined the call as well, that we run under a rule of continuous disclosure, and if any of you do have an update to your Statements of Interest, you need to mention at our regular call and update the copy on the Public Record in the Wiki space. If you have any difficulty doing that, of course our Staff will be available to help.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

With that, I'm going to get my headset organized so the whole household doesn't have to hear our call and hand over to Pat to run us through the Agenda, which is the second item we'll be coming up to, which is a Marrakech recap and ask if anybody wishes to bring anything forward to the Plenary. Just before we move into that, if there's anybody who has Any Other Business for the Agenda later on, we will ask about Any Other Business again before the end of our call, but if anyone wishes to declare any now, please do so; not expecting that but if you do, let us know.

With that, I'm going to go on mute and organize my headset and let Pat run the next section through and through, which is the Marrakech recap and bring any items to the Plenary attention as we go through each of our work parties, Board, GAC, Review, Community and any updates. Over to you, Pat.

PAT KANE:

Thank you, Cheryl, this is Pat. Just in terms of recapping Marrakech, I think we had some very successful conversations with many of the Stakeholder Groups and Advisory Committees over the course of the week. I think Sunday was good in having people come in and talk to us about their different review teams. I note that we have record of all of those sessions and they are available on the Wiki page. As a follow-up, we have put together some notes that we're going to send out to each of the Stakeholder Groups and the individuals that we met face to face, thanking them for their time, I saw that Staff had sent those, I have not looked them yet, I don't know if Cheryl has or not but we'll get those sent this week as a follow up.

If anyone has taken additional notes that they would like to get on the Wiki let's do so and get those posted along with the recordings from the sessions so that we have everything located in one place. Other than that, if there's anyone that has additional items that we would like to add to the Plenary today from different conversations that they had, it would be helpful to throw those out at this point and time.

Seeing no hands or not hearing anyone, I would suggest that people that could not attend go through and read some of those sessions so that they can hear what was said, especially if it's an area that you're working on within your specific work party. As you post notes or if people post notes, I know I've got some that I'm putting together as well, please notify the group through the email that you've posted some additional notes for review. Sebastien, I see that your hand is raised, thank you.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

Thank you, Pat. I hope that you can hear me not too badly, I'm not very nice place for our WIFI. Thank you for your input, I agree that it was interesting, the meeting we had. I just want to add that we also had a conversation outside official gathering and we get -- I guess I was not the only one, some inputs from people. It seems that some of them, it's link with work streams to ensure and bring to my question and particularly the one question is accountability and transparency of Staff, it's not one of our work parties, therefore it's maybe under the umbrella work stream two and that's okay with me but that means that we don't have a place where all that will happen. I fear that work stream will deal with five items we have listed here will be okay but the other

outside will be left alone. I would like very much that we put that as a specific topic or we organize our self to take that into account.

I am coming also to that important issue work stream two, maybe we can ask Bernie about that as he send a note today to the leaders of the work stream two, that there will be publication of a document in August by Staff on that and it will be a good -- a little bit late first but even if it's late, it will be a good time that we take this document into account and we work on that to include that in our report. Thank you very much.

PAT KANE:

Thank you, Sebastien. I would open it up the rest of the group as to how we would want to capture that? Do we want to have that, those particular issues pulled under our Work Stream Two discussions or do we want to open up a fifth work party on ICANN Org and Staff Accountability Transparency?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Staff accountability is definitely under Work Stream Two, it was a specific work track within Work Stream so it seems like it might as well owned by the Plenary as we agreed.

PAT KANE:

Thank you, Cheryl. I'm good with that. Does anybody else? Sebastien, your hand is up?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you. I have no problem with that either but it means -- I'm happy it's also dealing -- sorry. We'll also take into account by the Plenary, therefore it was one of the party with Work Stream One and Work Stream Two but we didn't have as an item or topic Work Stream Two, therefore I have no problem that it's a Plenary but I would like that we add five topics where Work Stream Two has a sixth one. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Thank you, Sebastien, for that. If I'm hearing you correctly, you'd like to have it be kind of a cross the other work party issue, where we capture in each of the work parties and have it be called as sixth item that we have Plenary attention on, along the lines of the IRP? Is that what you are suggesting?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Either it's a work party we create or its advisory Plenary and I'm okay with that, therefore we need add after IP Work Stream Two, IP very specific topic and Work Stream Two will be item within Work Stream we're not taking onboard by Board, GAC, Review and Community. It's at least what I suggest or my understanding.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Just to rearticulate, there are a number of issues that can indeed be specifically drawn out by naming, including this one that Sebastien is raising on Staff Accountability, all of which live under the general umbrella of Work Stream Two and as we agreed back in the Los Angeles meeting, all things Work Stream Two are going to be owned by the

whole Plenary. We have not as yet pulled them out specifically as items as we did with IRP simply because we had reporting and updates early on, shortly after our meeting in Los Angeles, regarding an update on where the IRP met was from David.

We have not gone back to that in our agenda but if you can think about the Work Stream Two manners inclusive of Staff Accountability as just like the IRP, being owned as a piece of work, not by any of the specifically defined work parties that we've operated on with today but rather as the full Plenary. That is I believe exactly what you're asking for Sebastien but just to make very clear that we're in absolute agreement with pulling out the matter as one that is important but housing it along with the rest of the Work Stream Two work products. Hopefully that's clear for Vanda and the others.

PAT KANE:

Thank you, Cheryl. I've a question about that, that just popped into my head and not having been part or following intimately the Work Stream Two process. When we talk about Staff Accountability, are we talking Org accountability or are we talking portions of Org that we consider and talk about as Staff?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

I see Sebastien's hand up but more importantly because we have Bernie onboard and Bernie not only acted as the Technical Writer but as a main lynch pin between ICANN Org and the products and outcomes of Work Stream One and Work Stream Two, let's see what Sebastien wants to

say again on this matter and perhaps throw it to Bernie to see whether there's any update or clarity he can bring on to it.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

Thank you very much, Cheryl. Sorry for again, my point, for me, Staff and ICANN Org, whatever they want to be named it is the same. The people who are not in the Community, not in the Board and who are paid one way or another by ICANN. My point was, I was trying to go back to our terms of reference and it's where I get some trouble. I understand we agree that it will be the Plenary taking into account Work Stream Two issue but if I take the terms of reference I see the work party and the definition of what it's done within the work party there is nothing about -- I don't see anything about IRP and I don't see anything about Work Stream Two. It's maybe something we have to look at and if I am not finding the right place and it somewhere, I will be happy to know. Thank you very much.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Bernie, have you got anything to add?

BERNARD TURCOTTE:

Relative to Work Stream Two Update, I've received a request to convene the Work Stream Two Implementation Oversight Team, so they can review a Draft Implementation Plan before it's published for Public Consultation. I've been asked to organize that for the first week of August, the emails went out yesterday. For those who are not familiar with that, the Work Stream Two Implementation Oversight Team is

composed of the three Chairs and the leaders of each of the sub groups which produced the recommendations. Thank you.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Thanks, Bernie. Whilst I think we'll all recognize an interesting delay in getting that IRT Implementation Review Team activated, it is good to see it happening and there should be a degree of complimentary in the work that's going to be done by that group and of course, our own review. Thanks for that. Obviously, what we'll do as we move forward is have a regular agenda item now on that as of course we do with the letters IRP. Future agendas will have IRP and WS2. Sorry to have hijacked very successfully for a reasonable length of time of our agenda on that. If there's nothing else outstanding let's hand back to Pay and if there's nothing more on Marrakech Recap because that's where that item was introduced, go into Agenda Item Three on Any Work Party Items for Plenary Attention. Noting perhaps in advance that we do not have any update from IRP in this area. Bernie has just given us an update from Work Stream Two, thank you very much for that, Bernie.

With relationship to IRP, certainly a number of the component parts of ICANN were discussing in their council and committee call interactions, the call for both the refurbishment of the IRP work group, in other words, on what Community Members to become part of the IRP Committee, which has been somewhat depleted in recent times, as well as to pay attention to the call for suitable names to come forward from Community to be considered for the Standing Committee of Experts, those who have the abilities, experiences and skillset, all clear

demonstrable to act as the panel to consider any such reviews. With that, back to you, Pat. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Thank you, Cheryl. Listen, unless there are no other updates from Marrakech let's move ahead and go to the Work Party Updates. Let's start with the Board. Yes, Osvaldo, you have your hand raised.

OSVALDO NOVOA: Sorry, do you hear me now?

PAT KANE: Yes, we do.

OSVALDO NOVOA: I think I was silenced by somebody. Regarding the documentation we requested, we haven't received any yet. I've been trying to get the documentation from ICANN's webpages but the documentation is not always complete and it's fairly difficult to find it. I think Jacques also made that comment. For example, there is a Board resolution a couple of years ago, approving certain KPI's for the Board, I couldn't find which KPI's were selected. I couldn't find any other reference to those KPI's. The same with other documentation. To start our work on the documentation, we need it. That's what I wanted to. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Jennifer, this is Pat, you have that captured?

JENNIFER BRYCE: I do and thank you. We're off the requests and we're working to get the information from the relevant department within the Org. We'll continue to provide updates if the information is delayed but we hope to get that as soon as possible. Thanks.

PAT KANE: Thank you Jennifer. Sebastien.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Maybe go to Osvaldo first, please Pat, and I will come back if needed? Thank you.

PAT KANE: Osvaldo, was there something else?

OSVALDO NOVOA: Yes, I think something we should look at is about the how the documentation is published in ICANN because this is not the first case. It is very difficult to find the documentation and sometimes it's impossible to find documentation that should be public. I don't know how we should view this or study this but it's something to take into account. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Sebastien?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you very much. [Inaudible] during Marrakech we had a face to face meeting with some of the members of the work party and I would like to [inaudible] all the people who are interested by the work, that the Board Work Party is doing or will be doing these reviews Google Doc, it was updated and we tried to assigned some part of the work to people and it would be great if Osvaldo and myself can have feedback on that and some work started will be great. Thank you very much.

PAT KANE: Thank you, Sebastien. I put something into the chat. I remember that one of the conversation that we had in Marrakech and I can't remember who brought it up, I'd have to go back and look at the notes but the concept of having a historian or a librarian to better organize the content that this Community generates and some kind of retrieval system that we can search on different keywords and those types of things would be really beneficial because I know that I when I go looking for stuff as well, finding is almost impossible. That's something that should come up. Bernie mentions that seem to come up from the GAC and I think that that maybe right. We'll capture that and if there's anything on that topic raise your hand and if not, we'll go ahead and move to the Work Party Updates. Alright, Sebastien, do you want to go ahead and cover the Board?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: It's just to say that I guess we have done the work. We agree with the full group about timing of how we deliver it. How we need to do it. I

would like to ask once again that all the members of the Work Party be engaged to do the work together. Thank you.

PAT KANE:

Thank you very much, Sebastien, noted. Vanda, GAC.

VANDA SCARTEZINI:

As I said, we had this meeting beforehand in Marrakech and we agreed that I will translate my notes because it's really hard to find all notes and add all private conversations with GAC members. After that, we are working and we'll be back because of vacation for Maarten and then Jacques that will be out for some time during July. Then end of July we're going to have a meeting and during this period you and myself, we agreed to go deeply into some suggestion for proposals and come up with the whole group in the end of July. That's what we agreed and what we are doing right now. I put all this information in the Skype group for even those on vacation can read and keep track with what we are doing.

I do believe that for us, we got very good message about what was done, what was not done and you have contributed a lot and a lot of members from GAC really added a lot of value and are now understanding what is done, what is still a problem for them. Now is just put hands on and start to put things all together and I'm waiting to hear from Bernie to understand how he would like to help us on that. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Thank you, Vanda. Any questions for Vanda? Let's move to Reviews. Daniel.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Currently we had a meeting together with Casey, they're still coming up with the wrap up of the discussions they had. Some of the recommendations forwarded from the discussions that have come in from the [inaudible] in Marrakech we are [inaudible] the reviews, and so we are closely looking at the respective document and shall be getting back to the group. So that [inaudible] to have from reviews. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Thank you, Daniel. Any questions for Daniel or anything else from anyone on the Review's Team? I know that we've got apologies from the Leadership of the Community Team, is there anyone else from the Community Team that would like to share anything that's going on in your group, in your Work Party?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Just for the record, I think it would be worthwhile -- Adetola has got his hand up, I'll move to him in a moment. I think it would be worthwhile just noting for the record how valuable I think in general the interactions, the face to face interactions both formal and informal that were conducted were to the Community Work Party, particularly with relations to the effectiveness and efficiency of the various component parts of ICANN and their ability to interact with or influence Policy

Development Process that obviously is the mandate of the supporting organizations.

We should also perhaps note that we need to ask as a resource and this would be for a discovery purpose, the most recent updates coming out or soon to come out of the GNSO Council regarding the PDP 3.0, it isn't at this stage fully read for public consumption, there has been modifications and updates during the recent Marrakech meeting and there will be more working being done during our work and I think it's very important that we ensure that we are up to date and aware and that we utilize that documentation as it is a living document during our work, just to make sure that we can be alerted to any issues that may or may not exist regarding community and wider community and understanding about the next generation of rules, regulations and expectations, which obviously will be still subject to all the normal public comments but it is worth running in parallel and I think we should probably formally note it under the housing of Communities Work Party, just to make sure we're full appraised. Thanks for that Pat, back to you.

PAT KANE:

Thank you, Cheryl, appreciate that. Having nothing from the Community Group and having gone through all the updates, I think we should move to the next topic and I know he's already spoken today but introduce our support, our new support person Bernie Turcotte, as our Technical Writer and also hopefully bring some of his experiences and helping us understand some of the things that have gone on in the past. Bernie, if you'd like to introduce yourself and give us a little bit of your

background? I think most of you, if not all of us already know you anyway but it would be great to have you aboard and look forward to working with you in the future.

BERNARD TURCOTTE:

Thank you, Pat. For those that don't know me, it's a pleasure to join this group. Background, one of the fathers of the internet in Canada. Operated CA ccTLD for a number of years. Helped with the foundation of ICANN. Helped create the ccNSO. After that, started working with ICANN about 10 years ago on various CC related matters and policies. Over the last four years took on the transition and the CCWG Accountability Work Stream One and CCWG Accountability Work Stream Two. I'm still detailed to do some work on Work Stream Two and the IRP Implementation Oversight Team. Looking forward to working on this as it seems to lineup pretty well with the other work I've done. I'll be glad to take any questions. Thank you.

PAT KANE:

Bernie, seems there are no questions for you at this point in time but Cheryl and I have asked Bernie to kind of create a framework for our final document, so to create an ease of the rest of the team and inserting our recommendations, inserting details about our analysis, so that we have a readymade receptacle and then have a single tone throughout the document that we finally publish. Again, happy to have you aboard Bernie, happy to have you with all that great experience and I know that you've taken on significant roles in review teams and

working groups and I think that'll be a real benefit for the team. Adetola, I see that your hand is raised.

ADETOLA SOGBESAN:

Good morning, good afternoon everybody, welcome to Bernie. Just to reiterate what you just mentioned, Pat, I was going to ask Bernie if we're going to have a template for each of the work parties, such that every document we're trying to populate now, [inaudible] doing into that template and at the end of the day when we're compiling everything together, we can follow the same format. From there, I wouldn't know if there are samples of similar work Bernie has done where he can share with us and we can appraise what it entails in putting together the technical writing. Thank you, back to you, Pat.

PAT KANE:

Bernie, can you address a couple of those items from Tola?

BERNARD TURCOTTE:

Sure. Yes, as Pat has said, I'll get a framework together, hopefully by the end of this week so we can share that on our next call. I think as I tried to mention on some other for a, there will be some formatting and templates which can help you with your specific work but also, as it was in Work Stream One and Work Stream Two, I can work directly with the work parties, I'm sort of very flexible about that and give the support that's needed. We can get things done most efficiently. I'm not expecting that I'll be handed necessarily everything from the work parties and then it's just a formatting job, I don't think that's my job.

My job is to help shape the content as early as possible so that it's easy to insert into a final report. I would encourage work parties to include me in their discussions and use me as a resource as best I can help them in anyway to get their section of the work done. Does that make sense Pat?

PAT KANE:

Absolutely, thank you, Bernie, appreciate that. Any additional questions for Bernie? Alright, the next topic we have is New Methodologies for Plenary Work and Work Party Activities. Two pieces to this section, one, want to go through some of the suggestions that Staff has made for updating the Work Plan and Jennifer I'm going to ask you to walk through that. The second piece would be to talk about how we implement what we talked about on Sunday in Marrakech, which is, getting to having the Plenary Session have a couple of longer, topical items that we're discussing as a Plenary as brought to the Plenary by the Work Parties and Cheryl, I'm going to ask you to talk about that particular section. Jennifer, can you walk us through the Work Plan at this time?

JENNIFER BRYCE:

Yes, I certainly can. I just pasted the link into the chat there for those of you who have access to that and hopefully Brenda will be able to pull it up as well. You will see that there are some sections of the Work Plan that are highlighted in yellow and no changes have been made to these cells, only we wanted to propose changes to those and so the proposed changes are in the column I. First of all, under the Plan Review Phase,

there are a couple of items that have not yet been marked at 100 percent and those are on line 22 and 23, provide the Community with details on the adopted terms of reference and work plan and then, develop and adopt the outreach plan.

We would like to suggest that we mark both of these as 100 percent, give that quite a lot of work was done in Marrakech on providing the Community with details of your work plan and terms of reference as well as the communications via email. Since the terms of reference includes some information on the Outreach Plan, we would suggest that that would be updated to 100 percent as well. I'm pause for a second and ask for feedback or thoughts on those. I see Cheryl supports those changes.

PAT KANE: If there are any objections to that go ahead signal in the panel no. Seeing none Jennifer, I'll take that as acceptance of those particular changes to the Work Plan.

JENNIFER BRYCE: Great. Thank you. I'll move on to the Research and Study section, which we're now on line 27...

PAT KANE: Hold on Jennifer, Sebastien has his hand raised.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you, Pat. Just a question, following our discussion earlier in this call about the Work Stream Two issues and so on, and [inaudible] incorporate that within the plan, how we will deal with that as a term of reference may need to be updated one way or another and it's a question mark, not any position on that. Thank you.

PAT KANE: I agree with that and I looked briefly at the terms of reference and it's called out in the terms of reference but we may need to add some task items under the conduct review section for both IRP and [inaudible]. I think that's something we should look at and soon in the coming weeks, maybe not here today but in the coming weeks. I do have one question Jennifer in this particular area and that is, when do we expect and this would have been a question I would ask Maarten if Maarten had been on today and maybe Staff knows, when we would expect to get something back from the Board in terms of the terms of reference, in terms of suggestions, comments and when would we ended up having to republish for those questions? I know that's going to be dependent upon how much comes back but that's a question I got? Negar, I see your hand is raised and I'm certain you are going to answer that.

NEGAR FARZINNIA: I think that with the Board having come back from Marrakech now, we can expect a response from them within the next two to three weeks in terms of their feedback on the terms of reference and work plan. If you as a review team think you may have an [inaudible] make the changes now and [inaudible] or wait until the Board responds to those

documentations and then make your feedback at a later time. Either way, the updated terms of reference can be recirculated, not for the Board so much to respond to you but just for acknowledgement of the Board and SO and AC and the Community at that point in time. I hope that answers your question Pat.

PAT KANE:

Thank you, Negar, for that, that does answer the question but what I would think I would like to see added to the work plan Jennifer, is a couple of line items at the bottom of plan review that basically says, "Response from the Board" And then a potential task for any modifications we need to make to the terms of reference based upon that review. If there's no objections to that. If there are objections to that, please indicate no in the participant panel. Sebastien, your hand is raised.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

Thank you, Pat. No objection at all on what your suggestion. My additional suggestion is that we add a few lines we want to add about IRP and Work Stream Two and we send them to the Board, therefore they will be able to have that as an additional item where if they answer us on the document and when we will have to republish our document after the Board feedback, we will send that to all the SO and AC's. Thank you.

PAT KANE: If there are any objections to Sebastien's suggestions as well, please indicate by selecting no in the participant panel.

ADETOLA SOGBESAN: No objections from me.

PAT KANE: And Vanda as well. Why don't we think about that Sebastien as we get to that work and communicate what we need to as we get to that work?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Just as I mentioned in the chat, no objections at all to that working methodology but I would also say that now that we are aware, that the Implementation Review Team for Work Stream Two is being convened, that that would also need to be an entity that we need to have a nexus and communications with. I would also call that out as one of the line items and just for everyone's edification, Pat and I have already -- Implementation Review Team Work Stream Two dash not equals, I'm typing in the dark Sebastien, it's nighttime for me, in a sleeping household and it's IRT, not IOT, Implementation Review Team but we've made the action item to update the work plan accordingly with those additional line items. Back to you, thanks Pat.

PAT KANE: Thank you, Cheryl, appreciate that. Jennifer, you want to pick it up from there?

JENNIFER BRYCE:

Great, thanks. Just made a note, I haven't made updates to the Work Plan based on the Work Stream Two and IRT suggestions but I've made an action item to come back to that, the team to update the Work Plan when we get to that work.

I did add the two line items and 24 and 25, received a response from the Board on terms of reference and work plan and then review team to update the terms of reference and work plan as appropriate based on feedback and we can plugin the dates to that after the meeting here. By the way, we'll recirculate this version of the work plan, which is a Google Doc so everyone can see it but just to be sure, we'll recirculate it to the list after the call.

Line 29, identify briefings on data sources needed, the completion date for this was 27th of June, which has obviously passed. We would like to suggest we change this to progress 50 percent verses the 20 percent currently and change the date to mid-July, given that some teams may need some more time to identify additional sources? Any objections or questions?

PAT KANE:

I have no objection in changing the status for the competition percentage to 50 percent but I'm always uncomfortable in terms of track project plans that change the dates, change our completion date based upon us missing the date. I think it's important to allow and recognize when we are behind in a section and I think because of some of the frustrations that we're having with finding some of the

documentation, that I think it's important to understand and report that we are behind on this specific topic. Unless anybody has any other comments on that, I'd like to see us leave the end date and change the percentage. I see no objections, I actually see support from Cheryl and support from Jaap and Osvaldo and Daniel, alright, so let's leave it that way if we can Jennifer.

JENNIFER BRYCE:

Okay, great. I updated the percentage to 50 but I've left the date on 27th of June. Let's move on. We made no suggestions to the Board Work Party, so if we go to GAC and this is all given the work that took place in Marrakech. We suggested updating the four items under Work Plan Execution, review analyze and summarize documentation, conduct investigation of objectives, conduct and does these as appropriate and draft summary note of key findings, we suggested updating those to 50 percent. Again, comments or suggestions on that or the Board also, since we suggest no changes to that?

PAT KANE:

Thank you, Jennifer. I think Vanda as far as the GAC group goes, I think that's really kind of up to you and your team.

VANDA SCARTEZINI:

I'm okay with this suggestion from Jennifer. I just posted I the chat. We do this adjusting. I agree that we should not really change the final date we put on that. We need to put some comments, explain what

happened, to make more clear the whole work of the group. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Thank you, Vanda. Jennifer, I'll take that a yes to change it to 50 percent for the GAC. Daniel, you and your team on work parties, I'm sorry, on reviews?

DANIEL NANGHAKA: I think following the discussions we had in Marrakech, we are currently still okay with the timeline.

PAT KANE: Daniel, I missed the last part of that, you're okay with the 50 percent complete marker being laid down for work plan execution section?

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Yes, thank you.

PAT KANE: Thank you. Cheryl, your hand is raised.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thanks Pat, it is indeed. There was a change of date in that moving to the 13th as opposed to the 3rd, I just want to double check that the Review's Working Party is happy to do that change as well? While I've got the microphone, it's implied but we may as well make sure that it's

clear for the record, when the percentage change as discussed and agreed on the component parts of these documents is also an associated change in the titling. For example, under Work Plan Execution, when things move up to 50 percent on the line items, then obviously the Work Plan Execution title moves up to match with 50 percent being what it's showing. Obviously, that goes throughout the whole of the document. Thanks very much.

PAT KANE:

Thank you, Cheryl. We'll put in those changes. The next section is Community and not having Erica and Michael, I would refer to anyone else from the Community Team, Osvaldo or Daniel or Jaap or Adetola to weigh in on where you think you are in the Work Plan for the Community Section.

ADETOLA SOGBESAN:

From the last face to face meeting I had a chat with Erica and Michael on the side and there seems to be conscious to sustain the data that's already been stated, nothing's indicated that is going to change. It will involve a couple of extra hour shifts but I suppose nothing is going to change, so everything [inaudible] as it is. Thank you.

PAT KANE:

Thank you, Tola, for that. There's a couple pieces to that but I think we'll go ahead and make the changes that are suggested. Then in the other section as needed, this where we're going to need build out Jennifer, some tasks around IRP and Work Stream Two, as we start to

have those conversations and adjust the dates accordingly. Cheryl, I see your hand is up.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Just to say that perhaps the Leadership Team at the moment can own making those changes if we make that an agenda item for our next Leadership Team meeting, we can go through the proposed edits in those line items and confirm those at the next Leadership Team meeting next Monday? It seems an appropriate time to get that editing done.

PAT KANE: Excellent suggestion, Cheryl. Jennifer, if you will include that on the agenda for Monday as a specific line item when you send that out, that would be appreciated.

JENNIFER BRYCE: Got it, will do. Thank you. There's only one final change that we had suggested to the Work Plan, which is on line 150 and this was a suggested date change from the 9th of September to the 13th of September. The reason we made that suggestion was because again, the Board Work Party pushed one of the dates out in terms of presenting this subgroup report to the Review Team and so to match that data we thought we should push that one out. But, based on what you said earlier on the call Pat, I don't know if you want to keep it as it but I'll leave it open for comment? Thanks.

PAT KANE: Thank you, Jennifer. But, since this is a date that it's in the future and I don't think that there's a material impact to the overall schedule, I would be okay with moving that date. Like I said earlier, I'm just reluctant to change a date that's passed that we've missed to put something in the future when we really are behind. I think that this is showing that our work in the future is changing, so I have no issues with making those types of changes in a work plan because work is going to change as we look out. Unless there are no objections as indicated by selecting no in the participant panel, let's go ahead and make that change. Seeing none, Jennifer I would go ahead and memorialize that change.

JENNIFER BRYCE: Great, thank you and thanks everyone for taking the time to walk through these changes. Like I said, we will recirculate this to the list just so that everybody has the latest version in front of them and we'll visit again on Monday with the Leadership Call. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Jennifer, thank you for walking us through that. If we can go back to the agenda, thank you very much Brenda. The second part of this section is taking a look at how we're going to change this Plenary discussion that we have on Wednesday's and looking at bringing in more substantive discussions from the Work Team as part of this and how we identify that. Cheryl, if you will walk us through this based upon our discussions on Monday, please?

CHERLY LANGDON-ORR: Happy to, thank you, Pat. Yes, in fact born out of our discussions as a group on Sunday, one of the things we recognized, even though some of the work parties are progressing using certain methodologies, be it regular meetings or Skype chatting or whatever, others are tracking differently and it seemed obvious to Pat and I and we agreed to trail a methodology in future Plenary calls for a while. What we'll be doing is changing the agenda to a standing order agenda as we go forward, in addition to the usual administration and reporting functions, to having two blocks of time, one longer than the other, where as a complete review team we can focus on work products and activities from the work plan, traditionally owned and inverted converse in some cases by the work parties and in some cases by the Plenary itself.

We would like to have at least week but hopefully a couple of weeks in advance the subject matter or material or topic that we will be focusing on at least one of those blocks of time, planned and announced, so it may be -- this is purely an example, the GAC Working Party may wish to own and utilize the time available in our weekly Plenary for the block A part of the time in the meeting held in the week of the 12th of July for an example and so we will all know that we will all be focusing on the work product outcomes, etc. discussion on all that associated with either all of the GAC work party activity or a particular aspect of their activity. The same goes for the other work parties.

What this means is two things. A degree of predictability to all of us, as well as observers, as to what type of topics and materials we will be looking at, at any given point in time as we go forward through the next couple of months and of course, people can suitably prepare for that in advance. It also will allow or seems to be the case, which is a higher

level of presence, interaction or attendance in our regular Plenary meetings then we are getting in some of the work parties. Some of those seem to be sorely under attended and perhaps less engaged with by some of the review team members compared to our Plenary calls and so moving some of this work into these two blocks of time, one longer and one shorter, we will be able to engage all of the review team members. After all, you are appointed as review team members to work, not just have your names listed on a website, a Wiki page and occupational role call from Plenaries.

So, these second blocks of time, which will be shorter, we will try and allow for matters of less prior planning or urgency to be dealt with. What that may mean is that some of our meetings may not run the full 90 minutes, some of them may indeed but it will allow us some flexibility. Pat, have I missed anything there?

PAT KANE:

Cheryl, I don't believe so.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Okay, so basically this is a give it a go. We will be running on this newer style agenda as from next week's call, which will be a 2100 UTC call, that would be Wednesday 11th I believe, I haven't got a calendar open in front of me. Jennifer will correct me and put the right date and time in the chat anyway. As a product from our Monday Leadership Team call, the first of these agendas will go out and then we will put out agendas far more in advance as the work party leads and the Leadership Team populate this new agenda as we go forward over the next couple of

months. The 10th okay, I was close, I was only a day out. Thanks for that Jennifer. Pat, I think we've got ourselves sorted through item five, back to you.

PAT KANE: Very good, thank you, Cheryl. I look forward to trying this out, I think it'll make our Wednesday meets a lot more interactive, I'm looking forward to this. Section six we've got in today's agenda is Any Other Business, please indicate by raising your hand if there's any other business you want to cover today. Yes, Osvaldo.

OSVALDO NOVOA: Just to let you know that next week I will be travelling, I have work to do in the United States, so I might have problem with joining the meeting, I will try my best to join anyway. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Thank you for making aware of that Osvaldo. Sebastien.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Osvaldo says that I need to say the same, I will be in Cameroon and I am not sure after that if I will have any connection but I will try if I can join. Unfortunately, Osvaldo and myself are travelling at the same time, we will try to avoid that in the future. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Thank you very much, Sebastien, for that. Osvaldo, is that a new hand or an old hand? Thank you. Any other business? Seeing that we have none, no hands, Jennifer if you will take us through the actions and decisions please?

JENNIFER BRYCE: Thank you. The actions I took down is to add the Work Stream Two to the future agendas as a Plenary item for discussion. The Leadership Team to review the proposed edits to the Work Plan with regards to Work Stream Two and the IRT on Monday. The Staff to follow up on the Board action items or the Board requests my apologies and provide a status as available. Then the decisions were, the team agreed to the changes that we discussed on the Work Plan today and more edits to come on the Work Plan on Monday. Let me know as usual if I missed anything. Thanks everyone.

PAT KANE: Thank you, Jennifer. I would again encourage the Review Team members who were unable to either attend or follow the Marrakech sessions, to go back and read the transcripts, as well as any additional notes that we've collected from that meeting, get those posted in the same area on the Wiki for capturing all of the conversations that we had in Marrakech to make our notes complete from that opportunity to engage with the rest of Community. Cheryl, anything else that you would like to add?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: No, nothing from me, thanks Pat.

PAT KANE: Then I will declare that we are done. We will all talk again next Wednesday the 10th at 1900 UTC, sorry 2100. Bye now, thank you.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]