
CLAUDIA RUIZ: Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening everyone. Welcome to the ICANN65 Planning Committee Call on Wednesday the 29th of May 2019 at 19:00 UTC. On the call today, we have Maureen Hilyard, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Daniel Nanghaka, and from staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Gisella Gruber, and myself, Claudia Ruiz on call management.

I would like to remind everyone to please state their name before speaking for the transcription purposes. Thank you, and with this I turn it over to you, Maureen or Gisella.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Thank you. So, we're just going to do a quick, hopefully not too lengthy time on this, looking at the block schedule and any developments here, and going through the Working Stations, if there's anything else that Gisella desperately needs, sort of like, over, you know, by the end of the day, and any, sort of like, final things that need to be done.

So, okay. Gisella, you can start.

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you, Maureen. This is Gisella. So, we don't want to share the block schedule because I think that might still be the one with [inaudible] with Prague HIT's but in any case, we have them on our schedule, the HIT Cross-Community Sessions. The iScheduler, could you

maybe show the iScheduler? There, perfect. Can you just run down to Monday please?

Now, iScheduler is on the Weekly Agenda page. I've just added it. It is literally the one that appeared yesterday at 22:00 UTC. I didn't add the one prior to that, or give it to you before, because I knew that over the weekend there would be quite a few changes and, or at least, additional to the iScheduler, which is a reminder an internal document so please don't show it as of yet. It might be sent out on the SOs/ACs mailing list, and then in which case Maureen can share it if she so wishes to do so but I've just taken this off our internal schedule, which I know some people have already seen. And it just gives all the meetings that we've got.

Now, I've been through it and the usual GNSO clashes have already been pointed out and already on our Weekly Agendas, and I'll keep a close eye on this until the end of the week and you can maybe have a look at it yourselves and if you see anything that needs to be flagged at this stage, please do.

I'm trying to push until Friday, I'd say, mid-afternoon UTC time to make any final amendments, as in last touches. You'll already note that on the Monday, for instance, all the session titles for us have been updated except for the Lunch one, which is working on the Hot Topics. I input it into the system but obviously it didn't register for some reason. I'm also on my side making a few changes. So, again, if you'd just like to run

through this document please do take the time to do so and see if there are any major issues that you wish to flag.

Maureen, with regards to the Monday morning 10:30 to 11:30 GAC/ALAC Meeting on Capacity Building Initiatives, that we mentioned in our meeting earlier on with the GAC leadership, I've pointed out that, well, that clashed with the GAC Opening Plenary so are we still holding that meeting, to which Julia Charvolen's support staff said to me that we will no doubt be cancelling our Capacity Building Initiatives meeting, because the GAC members need to attend the Opening Plenary. So, whether we're going to get a new Doodle Poll or what's going to happen, I'm not a hundred percent. She said that she'd get back to me as soon as possible. I believe there may just be a new Doodle Poll for that. So, I just thought I'd really point that out. Okay?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, there'd have to be. Alright, well that was sort of like... It's interesting that she should sort of like, did they not recommend the 10, or no did we recommend the 10:30 and they just hadn't gotten back to us?

GISELLA GRUBER: No, no, no. This is Gisella. The meeting time she set up the Doodle Poll.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, right.

GISELLA GRUBER: So, again, how this happened, we had it on our schedule. They had it on their schedule. Things do move around, so we're just going to have to

find another time, but I just thought I'd let you know that has already changed and been flagged.

So, again, for those on the call please do try to take a few minutes to look over this. You know when I've been looking at this now for the past couple of weeks. I think my eyes are all going all squint. There's some things we just can't avoid and it's obviously a four-day policy forum so there's a little bit less, well I wouldn't say conflict, but, there are only four days to look at so that would really help. And we haven't put anything against the HIT Cross-Community Sessions in any case.

So, if there are no further comments on this one I think we can just go directly to our Wiki Pages and look in to more detail in the agendas and the titles we've given our sessions, which are all reflected on the iScheduler except for the Monday Lunch Session. I didn't see any other ones that were incorrect. I've printed out the document.

So, we'll just run through Monday. So, Welcome Coffee within transit. Then there's a transition from the Welcome Coffee, which is actually in the same building as our meeting room. We'll go in to the Welcome to ICANN65 and Policy Priorities. We've put the timings there and talking points etcetera by Jonathan Zuck. Note that the At-Large AFRALO Rabat Students Briefing, pardon me, is in red on the iScheduler. It's a closed meeting so it won't be on the main ICANN schedule and it will be for the students as well as AFRALO leaders just to give them an overview of their two days in Marrakesh, to welcome them, give them an overview

of the two days in Marrakesh and then they'll also have a little bit of an introduction of who the Mentors are, the groups they're going to be working in, and then their Tuesday afternoon which is offsite of the University.

We will then go on after the Coffee Break to the Joint NCUC At-Large Outreach Session for 90 minutes, and you'll note also that we've got a photographer coming to that session. And I'll remove now the ALAC At-Capacity Building Focus Group Planning Meeting as that's no longer happening.

Over lunch, it's we've got a Working Lunch. The At-Large Development of the At-Large Hot Topics Document will happen then. Again, you'll see that the agendas, we'll still need to put a few points there. The Outreach Session Agenda is work in progress but [inaudible] so once the document, once the agenda's been finalized I will make sure to copy it here on the Wiki Page but no point doing it just yet as we've got until end of next week for the actual agendas and we will then, on Monday the 10th of June have to send them off to be translated. So, for the Hot Topics Document, there will be a few points added etcetera but that will in due course over the next week.

We'll then go on to At-Large so that you, there's a... I'll also edit the pages to make sure that everything's correctly written. Introduction to the Empowered Community and CCWG Report, so we've got Steven Deerhead joining us, and he's actually confirmed his participation so

that's already great. That has been put on the main schedule. It was very important to make sure that any guest speakers had actually confirmed before putting it on the main schedule as then it was a little difficult to change once it's posted on the ICANN website.

And then we'll be doing the reports from At-Large Leads and ICANN Working Groups. Maureen, do you wish to add anything on that now, or...?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well, I don't know. Alan was going to give us the list of groups?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I mean that's supposed to be on the Working Group's page which he hasn't done. He was supposed to give us that one and I was just going to transfer the ones that were, you know, transfer them across to this but, yeah. So, we'll have to check with Alan. I'll have to do that now. Because we're going to need to get that list, so I can talk to people and get somebody to do a report. Sorry. I'll do that now.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Maureen, Cheryl here.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, Cheryl. Yes.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: That's okay, my name wasn't up for very long. I'm just a little confused. It specifically talks about Cross-Community Working Group Report, and, you know, all I can see is GNSO activities which are not Cross-Community Working Groups at all.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, I think when, you know, on our Working Groups, this is where it came up. In our Working Groups, you know how we were actually sort of like under policy, we're sort of like listing activities that At-Large members are, you know, formally participating in. But we don't, you know, and that we don't actually sort of like get any feedback from back into the community and it just, it was just a little five-minute report on, you know, sort of like, you know, what At-Large is actually, sort of like, contributing to and what it's about so that it's listed on our Working Groups based on anyone who might, you know, want to join as an observer or something like that, so, you know, I think it's raising a bit more awareness.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: And that's fine. I can't disagree with the principle, the practice, and everything else but I can disagree with our use of what is actually a term of art. CCWG is a specific term of art in ICANN talents and it even has definitions associated with it and I've spent a ridiculous amount of time of my life several years back doing a Cross Community Working Group on how Cross Community Working Groups can be chartered and run, so we need to --

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, we need to rename it.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: -- not use the term in the title "CCWG" because it is that specific term of art in ICANN. So, we can call them Community Working Groups if you want, or ICANN Community Workgroups. But not, I was only picking you up on the "CCWG" terminology.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. So, yes. Community Working Groups. I like it. No, that's fine. That's fine.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: And then if there was a ccNSO Working Group --

MAUREEN HILYARD: Gisella?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: -- that belongs in there as well. That's fine.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Gisela. It should open. Community Reports.

GISELLA GRUBER: So, I can actually change that to ICANN Community Working Group Reports.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes.

GISELLA GRUBER: ICANN Community Working Groups or, yes?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, doesn't it? I think I like it because we've just been talking about Empowered Community and now we're going to be talking about the Community Working, ICANN Community Working Groups.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Or even if you just said ICANN Working Groups, that maybe... ICANN Community Working Groups works better because they specifically in this case support Organization Working Group Reports, or in the case of Action Process, something slightly different, but, you know, just keep away from that term of art as well.

ICANN Community Working Groups makes good sense. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, I like it. Thank you. [inaudible] Yeah, I was in the middle of doing the Alan a note.

GISELLA GRUBER: Perfect, and sorry, it's Gisella. I'll make that change not only on the Wiki Page, I'll do it on the iScheduler as well and then there will be a tidy-up, obviously to the agenda that was just some bullet points that we had put there. We then end the day with the At-Large Outreach and Engagement Sub-Committee meeting, which is a 45-minute meeting.

Mary Wong has confirmed participation. She can't stay. She'll probably have to leave, pretty much soon after 17:30 as she has to go off and prepare for the Ethos Awards and I haven't yet seen a response from Mandy Carver and Adam Peake yet. Also, to point out it is not yet on our Wiki Page, as it has only just appeared since 22:00 UTC last night, is

that I've mentioned that there would be another meeting from 17 to 18:00 and that has now been confirmed as being the Board Working Group on Anti-Harassment. So, our At-Large Outreach and Engagement Sub-Committee Meeting will be running alongside the Anti-Harassment Working Group.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay.

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay. And then, also on iScheduler, sorry. I've also noticed that there is no mention to the, kind of, joint event for the Community Networking Cocktail, so I've sent off a little note just to say whether that can be on the main schedule as well. They may not wish to do it. I will let you know what the outcome is. Any more on Monday? No.

Tuesday. Thank you very much, Claudia. Tuesday. At-Large Policy Workshop. DNS Alternative Transport Protocols. That will be run by Jonathan Zuck. I don't know if he's got any guest speakers but as it stands now I'm sure he'll be sending us the agenda and inviting the guest speakers and they don't need to be anywhere on the website.

We've then, again got an AFRALO Rabat Student Session running from 9 to 10:15. Note that there has changed as well. They're only going to have a presentation on the ICANN Fellowship Program as well as the NextGen Program and we're not going to be discussing the AFRALO Hot Topics during that meeting. So, again, all changes will be made. Apologies for the delay in doing it. I had quite a few balls in the air.

We then go on to the Joint AFRALO AfriCANN Meeting from 10:30 to 12, where they will be mention of the AFRALO Hot Topics and no doubt a document will be handed out to everyone at the meeting as well. And we're hoping to have just some Moroccan Tea served at that time.

We've then got a Lunch Break. We then go in to the At-Large Capacity Building Workshop, an Introduction to Policy Development at ICANN. Invitation to GAC Underserved Regions Committee. That might be someone's note there but again we haven't got the agenda on that. We've really got the title and then the description, which is great.

We then have the two HIT Sessions in the afternoon. We end off with a Community Networking Cocktail. A reminder that that is what we do every evening for one hour during the Policy Forums and all going well we'll hopefully be able to have an amazing evening with Gems, but I believe Olivia is yet to confirm that or work in progress. Hopefully it will happen because apparently last time it was fantastic. I was sick in bed. Okay, really, fingers crossed because apparently it was amazing last time.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

There will be [Godala?] musicians, yes.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Fantastic. Going on to Wednesday. I'm keeping an eye on the chat. Seeing no chats. I've seen we've been on six hours straight. We'll hopefully might have a little time left to finish early. We then go on to Wednesday. At-Large Universal Acceptance Kick-Off. We've got guests

who have confirmed their participation. So, Ajay Data and not Don Hollander but Sarmad will be joining us. Again, I'll just make sure to change his. Sarmad change Wednesday. I'll change all that on there.

We then have the ALAC and GAC meeting. Just a reminder, again, I know you've all heard this, that it's a 30-minute meeting. If it does run over into 45 minutes, I'm allowing for a Transition Break, which is that the GAC meeting is not in the same building as the ALAC meeting so should we run until 10:15, it gives us 30 minutes to get back to our meeting room and the next session is 30/45 minutes and forget the moderator there. It is now just an At-Large Leadership Working Session, and I think that this can be a 30-minute session which we'll be working over on the next week to add an agenda item there.

Reminder that when people walk from one building to the next, sometimes they get lost. So, it's, if we do have any guests at that session, say any ICANN Staff we've invited, etcetera, we need to make sure to remind everyone to be on time as there's nothing worse than coming back to an empty meeting room.

Transition Break to then go into a second Working Lunch of the week. Sorry.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Just one thing. We just had that meeting the GAC this morning. Julia told everybody that it will only be 30 minutes because I've got a Board

Meeting. So that was just something. And I sort of like the, well I didn't think you knew about that. I don't know.

GISELLA GRUBER:

I'm sorry. I was actually to be on that call. It might have been when I was changing my headset; my ear phones ran out from working all day and I went onto computer audio, but I was on that call.

Okay, perfect. Then what I'll do is on this, on the Wiki Pages, I will change that GAC Meeting and keep it at 30 minutes, and I will then, we will then have 45 minutes to play with. Sorry, if you could just go down a little bit, Claudia, coming to know... Sorry I mean up. Sorry up.

We will then have a Working Lunch Session, which will be the At-Large Capacity Building Session Current Issues on Cyber Security. We sent the invitations over the last, I think I sent them on Monday for that one, so Patrick Jones has confirmed, and David Hoverman won't be there, so again, I'll make sure that I fine comb this agenda and put TBD as someone from the CTO office will be joining us, but I don't have the main yet.

Sorry, just bear with me. So, then we've got the Transition Break and we're going straight into the At-Large Regional Leaders Meeting. We've got the agenda there. Fantastic. Next session is... Now, I've got to ask, and please bear with me because if it's a silly question but I've got At-Large Introduction to ATRT3 and Survey, and I couldn't quite figure, you know, in scrolling through my emails, on who had added the Survey bit

and whether that was relevant to the ATRT3 that... Because the second part of the agenda, we've got a 30-minute gap there which, obviously, we'll all be filling. But in the type of the session, it's only referring to the ATRT3 and I was wondering why the Survey needed to be there.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I have no idea. I just saw it there, too, and I thought, "Oh, well someone knows something I don't, so that's okay." I just go with the flow. Does anybody know?

GISELLA GRUBER: It's not in the [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes?

HEIDI ULLRICH: This is Heidi. I think, and Cheryl could confirm, that the ATRT is going to be asking all the SOs/ACs some questions, which I assume is the reference to that survey. That's my only recollection of why that would be there.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Well, I'm not sure why the term survey is there. We are preparing, Cheryl for the record, we are preparing the various Work Tracks. Work Parties are preparing questions for Community that, if all the stars align, will be distributed in a relatively timely manner for consideration before Marrakesh. If not, there you go. But, we will certainly have some

questions that we would like Community that we're meeting with to react to, but we're also keen to have an interchange and exchanges of ideas and concepts and general opinions on a number of issues, just from the Community. So, why the term "Survey" is there, I'm not sure but, and indeed I'm, yeah, why the term "Introduction to ATRT3" is there, either. I mean, yes, we'll say, "This is what we are. This is what we do.", and that'll be a few minutes, but anyway.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Just a point of clarification, Cheryl, is it, so what you're doing, is it going to be just, sort of a like, a round-the-table or is it going to be Workshopping?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: We certainly would prefer it to be more Workshop-y than throwing slides at you, that's for sure. But we'll interact...

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. I was sort of like thinking you know, if you want to get, you know, sort of like, you know everyone's views or something. I don't know. Just asking.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: That's what we need to do. But it was outlined in the letter, and it's outlined in our blog, and if you'd like I can get the quote and make sure it gets into the Wiki Page.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Description. Okay, cool.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Or you could look at what Jennifer wrote to you originally, that's the other option, but I'll find it instead.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. I know, it'll be there. Thank you. Next.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, I've just got in the chat here. Sorry, but Michael was completely wrong. I'm happy to put whatever needs to be, not needs to be done, so Cheryl, basically the title's yours. Whatever you feel would give us the best indication of what this session is about. Obviously, it's with the ATRT3, but please just send it to me and I'll make sure that I change it in the whole system. Thank you very much, Cheryl.

I'll make sure that that's changed. I've made note of that. That means we've also got a 30-minute session there which we can slot in. Obviously, it won't be in the title unless we know now what that 30-minute session's going to be used for. And then we end the day on the At-Large Workshop on Consumer Safeguards Issues. That's with Jamie Hedlund and Bryan Schilling. Both have confirmed. And I put agenda there, I've literally just put the description that Jamie Hedlund sent through. That is not the agenda, but it was just to keep it for John then to work on the agenda possibly with Jamie.

Community Networking Cocktail that evening. And I put the Save-the-Date email together. I have been waiting for some responses from Marrakesh. It has been a little slow, but we finally made it on the dinner on Wednesday evening, so it would be... I've also managed to just

confirm that everyone can put the cost of the meal on their rooms, which will help considerably, because otherwise people have to have the exact amount of local currency cash, etcetera, etcetera. So, apologies for the delay in this but I just wanted to send it out with that additional, with a few addition elements so I've put it all together and am sending it today to Maureen and Heidi to just confirm this, that they're happy with it, and then everyone will have it in their inbox.

And that's how we end Wednesday. If we could then go on to Thursday, please. I don't see any hands raised. So, Thursday's pretty straightforward. At-Large Leadership Wrap-Up of ICANN65. The usual Leadership, the usual Wrap-Up agenda with, this time, Rod and Julie Hammer from SSAC joining us as this was the only time we could fit them in, which didn't have any other clashes.

We then have At-Large Debrief, sorry. We then have the At-Large Policy Debrief. What impact did At-Large make this week, so that would be like a pull up of the [inaudible] ALAC call to Monday's session of Jonathan giving us the talking points for the week. And then we've got the At-Large Review of ICANN65 and Planning for ICANN66 the first afternoon session. ICANN66 Kick-Off Meeting which is the main ICANN organized by ICANN Staff is over lunchtime on invitation only. And then the two Cross-Community Sessions in the afternoon and the Community Wrap-Up Session Reception. And I'm sure that there will be other add meetings in between for many of you and by then I think we'll be cream crackered.

So, that's all from me. Sorry, Maureen, you did say if I needed anything urgently. I think at this stage, if I've got Cheryl's title coming through, if everyone could just please, just give the overall iScheduler a quick once over to see that I haven't missed anything. And then, for the rest we can be working on the agendas over the next week and have them all finalized. So, over to you Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

That's great. Okay, so are there any other questions or queries from anyone about anything that's on the schedule other than what's already been mentioned? Have we got anyone talking about the AFRALO Review? Is that you again, Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER:

I can just give a quick update on, we mentioned it during the run through and then I'll, I ended up tying this all together. That just on Monday morning that we were going to have the brief, the AFRALO Leaders just giving them a quick overview of what's happening during the week and then they will be attending various sessions in the afternoons. They'll have a Mentor Peer Group. I'm not sure how many groups there are going to be. And then in the evening, the Evening Cocktail is actually a Joint AFRALO Networking Event with the Community Cocktail. Hence me saying I'll check with Meetings Team whether we can get that up on that schedule or not. And basically, in that, in the Community Cocktail, there will be a short musical entertainment by [inaudible] musicians, so not [inaudible] because [inaudible] didn't want to have the same musician that Gems are going to be having should it all go ahead. We wanted to have something a little different, so the [inaudible] musicians and they'll just have a quick

ten-minute interlude during the Cocktail and then the AFRALO people can congregate in one part of the reception area and just mingle.

Then on the Tuesday, we've got, as I've said, the presentation by Siranush and Megan on the Fellowship Program as well as the NextGen Program, and then they will be joining us at the AFRALO AfriCANN Meeting. And then in the afternoon going off to the University. So, I don't, Heidi or Silvia would you like to add anything else?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Gisella, this is Heidi. This was extremely well done. It seems like it's all under control and I think we just need to fill in the agendas now and we need to get confirmation. One thing I did not hear with confirmations from [Yuron Sharim?] and [inaudible], so we probably should follow up with that, essentially. Gisella?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Right, okay. So, really just as Gisella said, she's just got some finishing of the titles and stuff like that. That's to go immediately and we can actually continue to work on the agenda items next week. Is that okay? You're okay with that? Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER: Sure. Another call next week?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Cool. Yeah, another call next week. Yeah.

GISELLA GRUBER: And please, just, I know I've said it, just if there's anything with the titles if you can just have a once over on the Wiki Pages, as I've said. I will change the ATRT3 titles. As far as the titles are concerned, I think we pretty much said, but if you see that something is not right, just let me know and I can put it in the system before Friday. I mean the deadline was last Friday but there are tweaks to be made. I'm not adding or removing a meeting. I'm just tweaking some of the titles.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okee dokee. Alrighty. Right. So, I think that's it for today. I think we'll, there's nothing else that needs to be done except work. I'm waiting to see if I can get some feedback from Alan, so we can finish off that Community ICANN Community Working Group, sort of like, list. And, as I want to, sort of like, tell everyone who, sort of like, gets assigned or volunteers to do a five-minute report. Just an update and you know even just one slide and five-minute chat or something like that. So, we can go forward on that one. So apart from that, that's it from me. And I'm sure it's enough, Gisella's had enough, too. She's been at all the meetings I've been at. Okay.

GISELLA GRUBER: I think this one put the cherry on the cake, yeah.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I've got two more meetings to go to.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, you're kidding.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Work Track Five Subtype PDT for 90 minutes and then 90 minutes is my ATRT3 call.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh my gosh.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Suffice to say, I did move my mammogram from later today. In the middle of the day I decided it was probably not smart for me to try and drive long distances.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh my gosh. Well, find some time to sit down with a glass of wine and put your feet up. That's for sure.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: It's just the way some times have changed. And I mean now, all my meetings are only giving like a 45 or an hour between them. You know, there's no larger block for whatever reason. Anyway, shit happens.

MAUREEN HILYARD: For me today was just the worst. Yeah, so I mean I've got [inaudible] and now it's nearly 10 o'clock.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Yeah, I know exactly how you feel honey.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, I just don't know how you do it. I don't know how you do it. Okay, times out.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Come up to the UK.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I forgot he was there!

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Move to the US where everybody seems to have predominance over all the Doodles.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: The US isn't free while the UK is becoming free for me. It'll be free from everyone.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: [inaudible] Unemployment, increased prices, and taxes. That'll be interesting to watch.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Internet? We don't need internet.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Take care everybody, bye.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Bye everyone.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Take care everyone.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]