
BRENDA BREWER: Thank you, Sebastian. Hello everyone. This is Brenda speaking. Welcome to ATRT3 Board Work Party call number one on the 22nd of May 2019. The call is starting at 18:05 UTC. The work party members attending are Sebastian, Cheryl, and Vanda. We have observer, Herb Wayne, joining us. Attending from ICANN Org is Jennifer, Larissa, Samantha, and Brenda. We have apologies from Michael. Today's call is being recorded. I'd like to remind you to state your name before speaking, and Sebastian, you may begin the call. Thank you.

SEBASTIAN BACHOLLET: Thank you, Brenda. I guess you were talking about Erica and not Vanda on the call, and thank you Erica, for joining us and we have also an apology from Maarten Botterman, board member, because he told us that he will not be available for tonight's call. Thank you very much for participating for this meeting.

I suggest that go directly to the document, the Google Doc, and see if there are any comments on that from the members of working group but also from staff if you have any questions additional ideas on what we can write. It's a link on the mail I sent just earlier, so Google Doc. Please remember if you can go there and put it on the screen. Thank you.

BRENDA BREWER: One moment please, Sebastian. You want the board issues?

SEBASTIAN BACHOLLET: The board work party ATRT3 on the Google Doc. On this document we have only what is on the table of the board of this working group, it's Osvaldo and myself try to lead this group. Demi, Erica, Leo, Maarten, Michael, [inaudible]. Once again, thank you, Erica. And we have the [inaudible] invited to all of the groups, therefore we are very thankful for Cheryl to be with us tonight or today.

The document it's in fact the way we have work out during the Los Angeles meeting. In purple the action needed and there were some additional red items, I guess it was Vanda who had that in red but it may be in purple too. The question is that if there are any comments on these documents you want to go item by item and we discuss this today and post the content and the action [inaudible] to proceed.

All of us have read the document. If there is any comments, it is on the [inaudible] it's not very stable. I'm sorry for that. I hope it's okay. Now, comments. What I will do, I will read it. I will get through and if you have something don't wait for me to give you the floor, just take the floor and say what you want to say. Like that we will go ahead with this document.

I'll take my screen because this one is a little bit small. We have point number one bold effectiveness and efficiency at 1A criteria time inclusiveness diversity and we have two action items both that is advisory report. A report on the time it takes from when advice or a recommendation reaches the board until a resolution of the board is helpful.

The second including the advice and recommendation from all the SOs and ACs. The second action is boards straining report; evolution of the different training received by the board member in the last three years. Evolution of the trainees.

1B ATRT2 to recommendation. From this point I guess we need to work out and I would have been happy to have one of the member to take this to go through the ATRT2 and specifically the recommendation to the board and come back to the group. But there is nobody I can ask to do that. Then we will do that by mail, I guess. Once its work streamed to a recommendation the idea is to avoid duplication then we would like to have an interview with one or more than one of the co-chair or chair.

We have [inaudible]. I guess I forgot one of them in this document but one of the co-chairs and we need to organize that. If it's possible to try to organize this meeting in Marrakesh it will be great. Maybe it can be one action item from this group? [Inaudible] review and assessment abroad.

BRENDA BREWER: Sebastian, this is Brenda. We cannot hear you at this time. Hello? This is Brenda, is anyone able to hear me?

UNKNOWN SPEAKER: Brenda, I can hear you.

BRENDA BREWER: Okay, thank you. Sebastian, we're still not able to hear you. Everyone please stand by while we get Sebastian reconnected. Thank you.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Osvaldo, Cheryl here. Do you have audio in? Perhaps you could assist by keeping things going until they get Sebastian back on. Perhaps a dial out. Obviously, the internet is failing him from a voice point of view.

OSVALDO NOVOA: Yes, hello. This is Osvaldo. Do you hear me?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Indeed we do.

OSVALDO NOVOA: Sorry, my apologies. I arrived late, about 10 minutes late or more. I didn't hear what you talk prior to me entering the meeting. I don't know what you were talking about.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: In fact, nothing really at all. The meeting started five minutes after time and had literally just started going through the document. You won't see in chat what has happened before you joined, it's one of the limitations of Zoom unfortunately. But one thing that was said as we're going through the document on screen line by line I just pointed out in chat that Pat and I can assist by seeing if you can have some more

intense focus on ATRT2 and indeed workstream two interactions with your action items.

This here the desirability of reviewing those two points and also interacting with some of the leads. Then that is about as far we'd got. I think you'll find that Sebastian will be rejoining shortly but that certainly brings you back up to speed. [CROSSTALK].

OSVALDO NOVOA:

Okay, thank you. This is Osvaldo for the record. Our idea with Sebastian regarding this document was first of all to get an approval or comments from the rest of the group because this is mostly Sebastian and myself proposals. That said I think that from this document we can get a list of a lot of requests from staff regarding what we want to know about the board so that we can go ahead and prepare terms of reference.

My idea for this meeting was to see if everybody agreed with these documents and then we can prepare a work plan, a schedule, and some questions we have to ask. If you can arrange regarding ATRT2 and WS2 that would be helpful because that's also part of the things we are interested in. We have to write the question, that is other things.

First of all what I would like to know is the rest of this group is an agree with all we proposed and then we can go ahead with that.

ERICA VARLESE:

Osvaldo, this is Erica. I think I'm the only person right now from the rest of the group. I don't know if that quite helps with getting feedback

from everyone. But at least for me just from looking through the document I didn't have too much else to add. I think between you and Sebastian you highlighted quite a bit already and I guess this is me saying that to me this looks good. If you want that validation from the group. Though I know it's just my voice and others, so a few others. But I want to you that while we are here.

OSVALDO NOVOA:

Okay, this is Osvaldo. Thank you very much, Erica. My idea was before entering into developing this document and prepare all the requests just to be sure that everybody thought this was okay or if there is anything else we need to add to this request? But if everybody agrees with it I think we have to assume at this time of the work then what I will do is prepare the list of requests for the staff and then propose some additional information that we think we must ask different persons in the ICANN staff and the board, some general questions and prepare a schedule.

I think that with this we can cover a work plan ready for next meeting. Any comments on this? That is our work plan. I don't know if Sebastian is still in the group because I would like to hear his comments also.

SEBASTIAN BACHOLLET:

I am just back. I'm sorry for the interruption. But I don't know where you are and when I was cut off and I was to myself only during sharing this.

OSVALDO NOVOA: Sebastian, this is Osvaldo. Very shortly what we did is we almost reached an agreement that this document is acceptable for all the group and taken as a base this document and preparing a list of the requests that we need from staff from all these points established in the document. With this we can prepare our list of requests and then we have to prepare a work plan for the next weeks to get all of our work finished once we get all the information. Basically what we were talking up to now. Thank you.

SEBASTIAN BACHOLLET: But Osvaldo, we have already a list of requests. It's in the specific color in our document and we can do another list but it's now done, we need to agree on but it's already done since weeks. [Inaudible] that nobody may comment except you and me. I can't assume that everybody agree with this but I don't like this ATRT3 subgroup doing what we used to do. It's expectation by nonparticipation.

My point is not to do another list because we are it, but it's to be sure that everybody from the group, not just from the participants of this call is okay with that. But that's for me the main point.

OSVALDO NOVOA: This is Osvaldo. Yes Sebastian, that is exactly my intention. My intention was to write all the requests and put it into the wiki for the staff so they can begin to work on this. Because [CROSSTALK].

SEBASTIAN BACHOLLET: It's done. It's on the Google Doc. We can put it on the wiki, we can put it on whatever we want but it's already a list. We can write again the same list but I don't know why we are losing time in writing somewhere something that is already here. I will be happy if you do it but I don't think it will advance our work so much.

OSVALDO NOVOA: Well, no. The thing is Jennifer asked us about it some time ago that if those were our requests to put them on the wiki so they can be sure it's the final requests from our group or at least it's a working request from out group. They just wanted to be sure. I'll also be objective of this call was exactly that, to get the approval of the -- consensus from the group. Erica said already that she agrees with the document.

SEBASTIAN BACHOLLET: Fine, I am great. But what about Demi, what about Leo, what about Michael, what about Ramet, what about Tola, what about Wolfgang? Then we need to have one way another say we agree or we disagree but not we are not there.

OSVALDO NOVOA: This is Osvaldo again. Yes, I agree with you but that is something we have to wait for them but we cannot wait for them forever. I think we gave everybody the opportunity with this meeting to give their opinions, Erica did. The rest are not here. We cannot wait any longer I think.

SEBASTIAN BACHOLLET: Okay, I agree with you. But we need to know if they will participate or not, because if not we will do a small group and it will be just a call with three of us or five of us and then go ahead. If you like the why not. But it was not the objective at the beginning.

OSVALDO NOVOA: Sebastian I can say nothing about that. It is not that everybody has this work and a lot of complications of their normal life and they give this group the time they can. Perhaps it's just at this stage and they work more on the rest. Also they are working on other groups. I must say the community group and the only thing I've said up till now is I agree. But that's it.

SEBASTIAN BACHOLLET: I understand your point, Osvaldo, but from my point of view it's on top of all and everything. Then if they are not there it's something, we need to take into account and we need to be sure that they are not there. But that's okay let's do what you suggest. Put the final document on the wiki. Give two days for everybody to say they agree or not and lets go ahead with that.

OSVALDO NOVOA: This is Osvaldo. Yes, I agree, we'll do that. I think that's the best way to go ahead.

SEBASTIAN BACHOLLET: Good.

OSVALDO NOVOA: This is Osvaldo again. I think we agreed on that we go ahead with it. I don't know if anybody has any idea what should we do after this? I will try to prepare the list of information we need. Publish it for a couple of days to the group and then write it down, put it down into the wiki. Also prepare a draft of the work plan. If I can schedule and try to send it to everybody in this week so we can have something definite by next week. Do you have any idea?

SEBASTIAN BACHOLLET: Expect that we need also to have something for the term of reference and I guess what is under Google Doc in black is what can be term of reference from our group. If you agree with that it will an easier way to do that.

OSVALDO NOVOA: Okay. Sure. This is Osvaldo for the record.

SEBASTIAN BACHOLLET: If there are any other comments questions additional points wishes dreams? If not, I guess somebody is with Michael, but Osvaldo if you agree we can end this call here and then I will work on the term of reference. I will do one single document on that and you do the two others and let's talk together later on.

JENNIFER BRYCE: This is Jennifer, if I may?

OSVALDO NOVOA: I was going to say that you had your hand up.

JENNIFER BRYCE: Thank you. Again this is Jennifer. I just wanted to really iterate something that we've already discussed and I'm sure you're aware also keeping in your minds that when you finalize the request in the coming days just to keep in mind that the more clear you can make those requests of our scope areas exactly what you're looking for an as much detail as you can provide up front would be helpful in terms of helping staff certainly understand what you're trying to establish.

Then obviously we can help. That would assist us to get the information to you as quickly as we can without back and forth on the clarification. So perhaps as you go through the document in the coming days please just keep that in mind and then once you have the requests finalized from your side we would be happy set up a time for you to meet with the relevant staff if any clarifications are required. We can do that on a short call. That's it, thanks.

SEBASTIAN BACHOLLET: Thank you, Jennifer. It's Sebastian speaking. Osvaldo, may I suggest that we keep working on the Google Doc for the moment and as soon as we agree in the next three four five days we put it on the wiki just to avoid to have two documents, to living documents, and two places

where we work. On the Google Docs we will have one for the -- Tola, you have your mic open.

ADETOLA SOGBESAN: Okay, sorry, please.

SEBASTIAN BACHOLLET: Osvaldo, I suggest that we do three subcategories. One for the term of reference one for the action and the documents we need and one with the schedule. We do that on the same Google Doc for the moment and soon as we find an agreement with the team, we will get to the wiki to avoid to have two living documents. If you are okay with that? I suggest to go in that direction.

OSVALDO NOVOA: This is Osvaldo. That is okay for me. We can finish it as quick as possible.

SEBASTIAN BACHOLLET: Okay, good. If there is no other comments and thank you Jennifer for your advice and we will work in that direction, no problem. Let's see how we can go ahead in the next few days Osvaldo and myself and with the support of the rest of the team. I know that the next call from ATRT3 full group will be dedicated on the term of reference therefore for the first part of our work it will be absolutely necessary to be finished by next Wednesday during the plenary call.

What we can do for the two other documents is to have the same deadline. We try to work, we have one week to finish as much as possible the document and I hope that people will be agreed. Do we schedule another call of this work party, for example, next week at the same time? If it's at the same time it will be just before the plenary session or do we try to find another time?

OSVALDO NOVOA: This is Osvaldo. I would prefer on Tuesday just to have some margin but I don't know the rest of the group what the availability they have.

SEBASTIAN BACHOLLET: Okay. Let's talk together, Osvaldo, on that and we will check with the rest of the group. We will do that together and come back to the rest of the group. Any other comments or we can close the meeting now. I don't see the screen, I am not connected to the internet. If there is somebody asking for the floor just take the floor please.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: It's Cheryl here, Sebastian. Thank you. Just it might be worthwhile asking staff to at least capture the chat noting that anyone who joins doesn't see what has gone on in chat in Zoom before they join. Perhaps distributing that as well as a link to the recording from today call might also get a little bit more feedback noting that Tola joined later than perhaps he had wanted to and those who said apologies like Michael and Maarten might be able to give you some list interaction as well. Just something that might also assist you stirring up a bit of excitement.

SEBASTIAN BACHOLLET: Yes, great idea, Cheryl. I forgot I'm speaking because even I have not seen chapter either. That's why it would be very useful me also. I am sure it will be good for all of the members of this working team. Thank you for the suggestion and all the staff can do that.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I also know Demi [inaudible], thank you. If I may just to note that Demi also joined after you dropped, I believe. You did have a reasonable representation of people that obviously, certainly, weren't objecting. They'll be a lot more inspired to assist Osvaldo and you in the coming day I'm sure. Don't be too crestfallen, I'm pretty sure next week's call you'll have got a lot more interaction. Thanks Demi and thanks Tola for joining.

SEBASTIAN BACHOLLET: Thank you, Cheryl, for giving us some good feedback to go ahead. Very appreciated. Then thank you Demi and Tola for joining the call. Osvaldo, let's close the meeting and we will reconvene next week. We will tell you when. I'll send the Google if we need so in the next two days to allow you to participate at the next call. We hope to see you discussing on the list and on the Google Doc. Osvaldo, last word from you. Thank you very much.

OSVALDO NOVOA: No, that's it. Thank you very much everybody and well let's see if we can finish our work by next week. Thank you.

SEBASTIAN BACHOLLET: Thank you. Bye-bye everybody.

JENNIFER BRYCE: Thanks everyone.

OSVALDO NOVA: Bye-bye.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]