
CLAUDIA RUIZ: Good morning, good afternoon and good evening, everyone. Welcome to the ICANN 65 planning committee call on Tuesday the 23rd of April, 2019 at 20:00 UTC. On the call today we have Maureen Hilyard, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Jonathan Zuck, John Laprise. From staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Gisella Gruber, and myself, Claudia Ruiz, on call management. And before we begin, I would like to remind everyone to please state your name before speaking for the transcription purposes. And with that, I turn it over to you, Maureen. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Claudia. Maureen for the record. Just checking, I'm unmuted, good. So these are the action items from our last meeting. And not very many ticks. If we just got through those quickly, I was to feedback to the SO/AC Chairs on the At-Large topics. did do that, but there was still some discussion at the moment as to what they are deciding on. Someone asked what the difference was between a high-interest topic and a cross-community topic. So we're getting some clarification on that. It could be four topics; it could be five. It just depends on what they come to an agreement on.

And that's supposed to be happening sometime this week. I'm not quite sure if their meeting is actually while I'm traveling, like in the air. So I'll have to get back to you on that one. And I'll probably refer it to you, Jonathan and Olivier, when I do get those topics. The regional leaders, wanted to have a 60 to 90-minute session with their original partners. Because this is such a short meeting, I'm not quite sure about how available regional partners are going to be. And I know there was

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

quite a lot of discussion that took place in the last meeting. But I think that originally there's [inaudible] session coming up. Olivier, is there a regional leaders' meeting soon? You would know. Calling Olivier.

GISELLA GRUBER: Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes?

GISELLA GRUBER: It's Gisella. Sorry, just in case Olivier can't speak. But if I may, we will be sending the doodle out tomorrow for a regional leaders' call. The dates will be for next week. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, all right. That's good. And that's of course still looking at planning for the GA meeting for 2020 and onwards, of course, so that we do need to get some clarification on that. But, just mindful of the fact that with such a short meeting that their time would be very limited as well. Daniel has requested an outreach and engagement session.

I see Olivier's comment; that's fine. So we'll have to see where we can slot that one. Depends on what he needs to do. It might have to be a combined outreach and engagement with Percy Wilding, et cetera. And the outreach session with Olivier and Tatiana -- I thought I saw a --

Gisella, did you send out a message not very long ago? Ah, okay. So we might be able to --

GISELLA GRUBER: Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, Maureen. It's Gisella. Yes, I did, actually. That last comment was for the outreach and engagement session, but I was hoping that we can maybe get time back from the cross-community HIT sessions. However, you're right. I just sent a note out following up with the other people on the distribution list for the outreach and engagement with the NCUC. And basically there we set aside from 10:00 to 12:00 on Monday morning.

However, if we do get an afternoon slot with one of the HIT cross-community sessions, the question was would that perhaps maybe suit other groups? Only because those sessions are currently being held as possibly being nonconflicting. As it sounds now, we've got the 10:30 to 12:00 slotted into our schedule on Monday morning. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Olivier? Yes, Olivier.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Maureen. Olivier Crépin-Leblond speaking. Just a quick thing, I'm absolutely fine with any of the times that Gisella has, forwarded through. So what I'll do is to follow up and try and put some pressure on our NCUC colleagues and get an answer from them ASAP. Because I have heard from Tatiana that there might be problems with her co-chairing due to the duty she has in the GNSO council. So we might have to look for alternative speakers, et cetera.

But as per usual, we're very flexible in our community. It's just the GNSO, they do need a full council when they're in meetings. So that's all. Thanks.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Thank you, Olivier. Let's go to the following up on what we've been talking about at the previous meeting to move on. I hope that if there are any action items that are coming out of these items that we're sort of like dealing with them at the same time. So --

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sorry. This is Heidi. I'm sorry. I'm finding it difficult to raise my hand. I am thinking action items and we are putting them onto the Wiki page

for the action items. And I put the link into the chat, so you can follow along there for those action items. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yeah. I'm sort of finding it a bit difficult to keep track of various little blocks of chat participants and other bits and pieces that are sort of like spread across my screen. I like the nice, tidy Adobe Connect, which isn't working well anyway. So it's obviously time for change. But I'm just finding it a little bit messy. Yes, we're up to Jonathan. And I guess we have to be mindful of how many sessions -- Jonathan, you have to admit, those policy sessions were tops in Kobe. And I think that if we can -- even having policy sessions and looking at, as you say, the talking points, that the talking points were really good for people to have.

So I guess if we can probably look at what time might be available and what might be appropriate that you think would be like following on. And within us within the constraints of the time that we have in Marrakech, just sort of see what we can do. What do you reckon?

JONATHAN ZUCK:

Thanks. It's Jonathan for the record. I'm happy to do a policy session. It's not immediately apparent to me what that should be necessarily. It could be a follow-on on the privacy security things. It's related to the upcoming ePDP stuff and trying to give as much guidance to Alan and Hadia as possible to phase two about the need for unified access model and what that should look like, and kind of bring into that discussion some of the points that the NCUC made, et cetera, and have that conversation.

So that could be a stand-alone policy discussion that's relevant to our folks' work. The other thing that we have planned is an activation session, if you will, that was based on one of the sessions last time, which is a presentation from John Laprise and Don Hollander to the regional leaders, getting them engaged and committed to doing the outreach around universal acceptance that they had all agree to at the last session. So getting specific about what that looks like and things and having people engaged in that, I think, would be a good discussion as well, even though it's not the development of policy, it's more about the implementations, if you will.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, that sounds good.

JONATHAN ZUCK: And the other thing we were talking about is we will try to come up with some talking points once we know what sessions are happening. I'm working with Evan on that. I'll drop some talking points once we know what sessions are happening at ICANN 65. And having a session to talk about the talking points would be useful early on. And then perhaps actually assigning people to go to those individual meetings.

So instead of having our own, say, "Here's a list of what's really important to us. You two go to the subsequent procedures meeting. You go to the Internet governance meeting, et cetera. Here's your talking points. Go do your thing." And actually kind of act as a dispatcher in the early part of the meeting to get people to go out into the community and not just sit in our lanes. Does that make sense?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. Yeah, totally agree. Sounds good.

JONATHAN ZUCK: So if you've got a policy sent to me, I'll update it. There's other things that we're doing, we just need to follow up on what work we did.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Exactly. I think that -- I mean, things come up during the CPWG. And I think that that's a good place for bouncing around some ideas in preparation for it. That's awesome. So, okay. So that sort of follows on to the next one, which is that the staff will organize a call ahead to draft some talking points and that we are -- to look at it. So that's cool. So we're good with those. I think that we've got enough to starting to work on those moving on.

And I think I just had a few items in the agenda of other working session ideas that people had raised, notwithstanding the policy sessions that we've just discussed with Jonathan. But the ATRT 3, people are going around to each of the different constituencies. One of the things that came up in the SO/AC meeting was why don't they do a -- why isn't that one of the sort of like cross-community working sessions where everyone can contribute their views on what they feel is important with regards to ATRT 3 issues amongst each other and just share ideas and that kind of stuff. But, apparently that's -- at the moment, I understand that it's still the individual sessions. It just takes a bit of extra time. So Cheryl will confirm that with us when she gets back to us.

The other one that the introduction to the Empowered Community was Stephen Deerhake. He raised this I think when the ccNSO group came to visit. And it's something that he feels -- he wondered if it would be of interest to At-Large to actually do a session. And it could be like a 30-minute session or whatever as part of our normal program of activities during an ALAC session. I will check with him about how much time he requires, and we can slot it into one of the things.

But I think it is important. It's not something that we've actually sort of like had much discussion about, and we've got new people on the ALAC and within our regional leadership. So it's a good idea to sort of introduce him to that whole empowered-community idea. And of course John's got a session on compliance, which was really successful. And John, if you'll available, can you just let us know what you were considering as part of a follow up on that session? And would it require a whole session or part of one of our working group sessions?

JOHN LAPRISE: This is John Laprise for the record. Can you hear me okay?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, I can.

JOHN LAPRISE: Excellent. I would request the full session. The last time we had only a partial session and I think if we had enough discussion -- we had a very vigorous discussion about compliance before we had to cut it off. So I would request a full session. I'd also add that -- I want to bring up again

that the ICANN strategic communications team got short-changed on their time because we had the president and chair in talking at an extended time. And so I would like to request that we make time for them to actually have the session that we promised them. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yep. We could do that. I'm sorry. I seem to have developed a cough here. Okay, so that's going to take a note of ISU. Yes, Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. This is Heidi. That has been noted. I'm just wondering whether Jamie Hedland would be invited to that compliance session.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I would say so. He was part of it last time. John?

JOHN LAPRISE: Yes. John Laprise, for the record. Yes, I would definitely invite Jamie again.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you; I'll note that.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you. And there was a school session that Joanna and Jonathan were having a discussion about, which I felt was really really interesting and would be -- I'm sure that, especially when the AAFRALO community

comes to the Marrakech meeting, they would find it very helpful. So I'm really keen that that one -- Jonathan, if you wouldn't mind looking with Joanna on that as a capacity-building session for At-Large, I'd be really -- yeah. I know that it was raised about at ATLAS, but it was just what came out of it would actually be sort of really fits in with what Joanna is doing as well for capacity building within the outreach and engagement scheme of things. And, of course, Daniel's outreach and engagement meeting.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

This is Heidi again. I'm sorry. Maureen, just a couple of clarification points. Did you say John or Jonathan and Joanna? That was my first question. And then the second question is what is the topic of the capacity building? And then the third is more of a comment, is that given that the students from Rabat will only be there basically Monday and Tuesday, and Tuesday afternoon they're going to be at a university, then I would think that we would need to do that session either Tuesday morning or Monday, like morning.

And I also know that they're having a separate briefing on Monday morning. So we're basically likely to only to have them Monday for one time slot.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Jonathan, would you like to -- just that little bit of discussion that initiated my putting it into this list of session of potential. But I thought it was a little bit more -- Go ahead.

JONATHAN ZUCK:

Thanks, Maureen, and thanks for your question, Heidi. We were in the middle of a Skype chat that had a lot of conversations going on at once. And there was an announcement of the ATLAS Program committee call, and I said, "I don't think I'm on that, but let me know if you need me. And by the way, I'm happy to do some skills-building sessions." Such things as like a session on better public speaking or negotiation or something like that. And a couple of people, including Maureen, picked up on that as a potential for ICANN 65.

So I'm happy to do something like that, but that was the context in which it was created was just kind of like a skills-building session. I think Heidi, you and I talked about it at one point doing something on giving better presentations or something like that. So it would be that kind of session if the audience was there for that and there was time for it.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yeah. Thank you, Jonathan. So Maureen and Jonathan, just some points. I'm hoping that the additional budget requests are going to be announced very shortly. As you might recall, one of the ALAC's [inaudible] in the summer, and that would be after Marrakech, formally. And then carry on, including the face-to-face session during ATLAS 3. And perhaps, Jonathan, given that Marrakech is going to be a policy focused meeting, you could start that session, assuming that it's going to be approved, with just some initial thoughts on skills, work, policy development.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. I'm all for that. I think that when I latched on when looking at presentations. We have quite a lot of people working on outreach in their communities. And I think just some basic skills on how to do presentation skills, the sorts of things that they need to know in order to effectively get the policy issues out into the communities. I mean, people are already starting to do this. And of course, the ones who get chosen to go to ATLAS will get a much higher level of skills development, I would say.

But, again, as part of our capacity building, which is in general just for the At-Large community, I wasn't initially thinking of bringing all the students and then that kind of stuff. And I think that if the regional leaders can have a discussion amongst themselves, too, about what might be important skills that they think that their members would like to get some skills building on within a session like that. So, still a work in progress, and we can work on that one.

HEIDI ULLRICH: So, Maureen, if I heard you correctly, did you -- sorry. This is Heidi again. Forgot to raise my hand. Did you wish to have that on the agenda for next week's regional leadership call?

MAUREEN HILYARD: I mean, it's just really -- we need to get some feedback from the regions as to what would be appropriate if we were to do a skills session, rather than just delivering something that may not be completely relevant. So, if we can get some feedback from that and find out what would be a needs area, that would be really good. Is that okay?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. So the action item I have is Jonathan and Joanna to work together on a capacity-development session, which is to include the students from Rabat. The session is to focus on --

MAUREEN HILYARD: Hang on, hang on, hang on. No, no, no, no, no, no. I'm actually looking at At-Large. This is At-Large capacity building. I'm not focusing it on students and things. I'm looking at members -- yeah. At-Large. All right? I don't mean to interrupt you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: It was just capacity building in general, but yeah. It was not meant to be only on them, but At-Large participants as well.

MAUREEN HILYARD: And it's also what are the needs of our current At-Large community who are actually already going out and doing outreach. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. So Jonathan and Joanna to work together on a capacity development session which is to include At-Large participants as well as the students from Rabat. The session is to focus on policy development. Members of this group to get regional feedback on current needs in this area.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes. Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: All right. Do you want that to be a 60-minute session or so? Or did you want that to be --

MAUREEN HILYARD: I'll wait until we hear back from everyone about what the needs are and how much time they need. I would assume it'd be a bit of a workshop-y type of activity as well.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Right. Now, we had a run-down of the AFRALO events. I assume Mohammed's going to be there.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen, this is Heidi. We have not heard that he will not.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, right. We have heard that everyone who has actually said they're coming is coming for the whole week? Or the whole four days or whatever?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Gisella, did you did you follow up with everyone who's coming and just confirm that they would be there the whole time? I think that was an action item for you at some point.

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, Heidi, this is Gisella. I followed up also with travel. So there's no other dates put in.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, perfect. Thank you.

GISELLA GRUBER: -- Or people not attending that have notified us so far. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Great. Thank you. Are there any other issues that we need to raise at this particular point in time? I know that there are -- Gisella, if you've got a schedule that you can show us, that would be really good. A draft or --

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Cheryl here.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, Cheryl.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I'd like a few minutes -- yes. I arrived a few minutes late into the call, I do apologize. I did write that in the chat. Where are you up to in the agenda?

MAUREEN HILYARD: We're just doing the At-Large working session ideas. We're sort of going through that first. And then we're --

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I thought that was the case, which means you've gone over the ATRT 3 with my name mixed to it. Did you tell me what --

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, we were going to wait for you to give us some feedback on that one. We didn't discuss that one.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I thought you might of [inaudible]. Okay. Going back to -- which is 3B on the agenda if you want me to do that. I'll have to do that now or whenever you --

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yep, that's fine. Thank you. Thank you, Cheryl. Good.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Do you want me to do that now? I guess I've lost audio.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: No, no. It's all right.

MAUREEN HILYARD: So, have we lost -- is Cheryl not getting us?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Okay. So. I'm getting you now.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Cheryl, we can hear you.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Okay, then, right. I'm just going to continue and hopefully things will eventually catch up. So, I did wonder whether the request was for -- well it says here work with the ATRT 3. Happy to do so, but ATRT 3, what Pat and I have specifically written to Maureen and asked for is time for and interaction with the ATRT 3 team or any of the others would be in Marrakech. That includes Daniel and Vanda. Obviously Sébastien will be there under ALAC's purposes. But ATRT 3 are bringing Vanda and Daniel. We wanted to have an interaction with ALAC and the At-Large leadership.

Now, if this is an introduction that any one of us can do in short form as some other part of the agenda that then leads to a better interaction, fine. But from our point of view, the most important thing is interaction with ALAC and At-Large -- ALAC and its regional leader. Whatever we're calling it; ALAC plus. Whoever's there. I don't care anymore. So, let me know. Happy to do a short introduction if it's preparatory for the other work. But if that's the only slot we're getting, we've got an awful lot about policy and how to enter policy that we made to cover. Thanks.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Cheryl. Can you hear me, Cheryl?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I can now. Yes, I can.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, good. Okay, so did you see that we could actually run a 90-minute workshop-y type session with everyone sort of having group work and working with your different At-Large members and providing some feedback? Can you see that being a possibility so that we actually have a proper session?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: We want to run an interactive section. We want to leave with community input from the ICANN community. And obviously, we can bring everyone up to speed on what we're doing and how we're doing the basic beginning of that. But we will have questions for the

community. We'll have surveys for the community. We want to interact with the community.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sounds good. I think we should put that down as a proper session. Yes? Sorry.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Did you then also want us to do what you've got listed here, which seemed to be a skills-building exercise? Or can that now be just wrapped into whatever else this slot is in for?

MAUREEN HILYARD: We could -- yeah. We could definitely get Joanna and Jonathan working with you on that one.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Maybe it's too early for me here and I'll remain confused. Let me know what we're doing and when and someone or all of us will be there. Thanks.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen? This is Heidi.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes?

HEIDI ULLRICH: So I note Cheryl mentioned that there would be a public session as well as many other interactive activities on the ATRT for the Empowered Community. Did you also wish to have the ATRT leadership speak to At-Large separately? Perhaps prior to or after the main session?

MAUREEN HILYARD: I think we have to look at what the program is looking like. Cheryl will be maybe able to do an introduction as part of our introductory kind of, if she's available to do an introduction. But I think if there's going to be a formal forum session and this entered, I think that that's going to be taking up quite a bit of time. And it's going to be valuable, I'm sure. But we need to -- we'll put it into the list and we'll see how we go.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Can I have the floor back again?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sure you can.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Okay. Did you get a message, Maureen, from us asking -- the ATRT -- asking for time on the ALAC agenda?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, that's why it was in there.

CHERY LANGDON-ORR Have we got that time? Yes or no.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well, that's why we've got that -- No, it was actually sort of down as a list of the ideas for session. It is in that list of ideas for sessions so that if there was simply time allocated for it, it's important to have that. So it's there.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I heard Heidi say that At-Large really -- it'll be the public session and that'll do.

MAUREEN HILYARD: No, I think that she was saying -- we need an introduction to it before they go to the public session and before they have the -- well, that's what I was getting -- just a short introduction into what's happening this week. It could be a feature for this meeting. But we'll see how we put everything in.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: This is Heidi. Yes, I have the email from Jennifer. And she's saying that the ATRT is asking for 30 to 40 minutes on the ALAC's agenda, if possible.

MAUREEN HILYARD: And we're trying to be polite. We're happy with 45. But we just wanted specific time in interaction. Now, it can be longer. We prefer it not to be shorter. And we would love to know when it works for you because we have all of our agendas with all parts of the ICANN community to work out. So we're trying to work with GNSO and the ALAC as early as possible. So if we can get that out back to us as a slot of time, and as I say, we prefer for it to be longer. But we didn't think we should be too rude asking for too much time. If you want us to do something extra, then I'm sure we're happy to do that as well. Thanks.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. We'll fit it in. It'll be fine.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. So --

HEIDI ULLRICH: I'm sorry, this is Heidi. So what is the action item there? So would you like to agree to that 40-minute session?

MAUREEN HILYARD: No, I think we'll include it. It's in that list of ideas, and those ideas are mainly full-session in that list of ideas. Full sessions if we can slot them into the time that is available. But if sessions that we've got, we've got the policy sessions. There's the ATRT 3, a session on the Empowered Community, which may not be a full one. A full one for compliance, requested by John. Capacity building, that's something else that Joanna and Jonathan will work on, and an outreach and engagement meeting.

These are the only ones that have been brought to my attention to date. But there's still the regional leaders' meeting and there's other sorts of meetings. So we have to find out how many sessions we've got for other things as well. Okay, because these are the At-Large working session ideas. Got it?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. That will remain on another list until the other sessions are confirmed. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes. Okay. Done? Now, the AFRALO events, they're outside of our working sessions aren't they?

HEIDI ULLRICH: I'm sorry, Maureen. I didn't hear that. The AFRALO sessions are what?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Are outside of our working sessions?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. So for the most part, yes. So, they're planning several. They're planning the AFRALO AfrICANN, during which they're going to focus on their hot-policy topics. They're going to be having a briefing session or contribute to a briefing session with the students from Rabat likely Monday morning. There's also going to be some sort of a showcase, a low-key showcase with some entertainment during one of the community cocktails. Gisella, am I missing anything? I think that is it.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry. The hot topics you mentioned. Hot topics, AFRALO, networking event, AFRALO AfrICANN meeting and the students, which --

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. It's just that we usually give them -- do they get any of the At-Large working session time?

HEIDI ULLRICH: No. They might wish to introduce their students -- Aziz would like the students from Rabat to come to some of the At-Large sessions. So I'm sure he might wish to have them be introduced at some point. And they're only there Monday and Tuesday as well.

MAUREEN HILYARD: All right. Okay. Right. So we're just waiting to get confirmed some of the other regular sessions, and then we can start slotting some of these into the schedule. And also making sure that we give Jonathan time through the CPWG deciding on what would be a good policy topic to discuss. And also that we have a discussion about the talking points happening before the meeting so that we're actually all on the same page with that and so that we can update anything that needs to be done when we there.

Is there anything else, Gisella, that you want to -- have you got a show-and-tell on anything in your area?

GISELLA GRUBER: Maureen, this is Gisella. No, not currently. I'm just noting that Cheryl's comment that she's just put in with regards to the time for the ATRT 3. Maybe that could be slotted into one of the sessions, which we already know what it's going to be. Hopefully not conflicting. And then, obviously, things will change. I'm sorry, if I may, on the schedule that you can see on the -- I'm sorry, I have to go onto the FS 3 webinar. On the schedule that you can see in the Zoom room, I have already put the GNSO conflicting PDPs. So that may give a better indication as to when we wish to hold the sessions.

So, Maureen, that might be something that you wish to look into or maybe try out on the list so that we can give timing to Cheryl as one -- the GNSO and At-Large, give her the timing, then they can work with the other groups. And I know how precious timing is now. So even if we put one in and have an option for a second one should the first one not work out dependent to timing, then --

MAUREEN HILYARD: Right. Okay. Yes, I see that, for example, the first 92-minute session is alongside the auction proceeds working group. So that's great. Not. Okay, there's a few things -- Yes, Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: [inaudible] that I have my hand raised as well.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sorry, I didn't hear that.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen -- and I have my hand raised as well.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes. Sorry. So was that Cheryl?

HEIDI ULLRICH: No, it's Jonathan.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Jonathan. Jonathan?

JONATHAN ZUCK: Thanks. I guess I want to just put in a vote for doing what we can right now to find a time slot for the ATRT. It feels like a really important topic that a lot of people are going to want to have input into, and we should just identify a slot if we can, or a couple of possible slots or something. But I think we want to confirm that we do that session.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, and as early as possible as Cheryl has indicated so that it's the full SO. That's why I was actually looking at that 90-minute one. But perhaps we can do a 60-minute one at lunch time, and then perhaps another follow up after the forum or something like that. So that would be something we can do. But we have to prioritize it early in our program. I think that that would be a good idea. Yes, Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen, just to confirm on that, you'd like us to go ahead and pencil in a 60-minute slot for perhaps Monday lunch time with ATRT 3, is that correct?

MAUREEN HILYARD: At the moment, it looks like the earliest and nonconflicting time so that everyone is there, yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: So not necessarily a lunch which might require catering.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yep. Whatever.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. And then my question is I believe we already had requests from the GAC and other groups to meet with At-Large. Gisella, if you're still on, do you have those listed? I'm just not able to see that on the screen.

GISELLA GRUBER: Heidi, this is Gisella. With the GAC, they're still waiting to hear what we wish to discuss. And I think it ought to be a session tomorrow, hopefully. We'll confirm meeting in Marrakech. Because basically a support staff from GAC said to say to fill out a survey to say our preferred times, but then also to give our topics. So I forwarded that to the group to say -- I don't know what you'd like to discuss. I think after tomorrow's meeting, it will be -- I've already made a note to make sure that we follow up with the GAC support staff to make sure that we've got a slot in their schedule.

And the other groups where we've got compliance, Empowered Community, prep for the GAC and ALAC meeting after 3:00, session with me on ATRT 3. And SSAC I had a question on.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, so Maureen, we're scheduled with the SSAC. And then also just to confirm that you would like to invite Leon. Would you also like to invites Goran and or Cherine, keeping in mind that there is no board meeting with the ALAC in Marrakech?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, just add them to the list. We'll see where we can fit them in. Add everyone who you think we should actually see, put them on the list, and we'll work out a schedule that allows us to incorporate everyone if possible. There's not too many times. There's not too many slots.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Did you wish to -- this might be a question for the regional leaders or the outreach group about inviting the GSE to one of their sessions.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well, I'll have to see. Yeah, put them down on the list. I mean, I think the regional leaders are going to have to prioritize something. I mean, they might have to incorporate some stuff into their meetings, that kind of thing, so that if they have the regional leaders, they can have the regional partners, they could incorporate it into their session. I mean, we're going to have to work that way in order to get everyone that we need to make contact with, but we're going to have to work a little bit smarter on how we have them involved but without intruding on our working session time which are going to be more policy related. Got it?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Yeah.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you. So, anything else here? Any other questions?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen, just next call. This is Heidi.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well, are we having them fortnightly?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Is that enough -- can you remind everyone -- Gisella, when do we need to submit the meeting forms?

GISELLA GRUBER: The meeting forms open on the 29th. So I think that it would be good to have a call next week only just to follow up on what's going to be said on Thursday's SO/AC chair's call. So I think the action item there would be for Yesim to send a doodle out tomorrow so that we can have a call to see how much time we've actually got. And then we can come back to what we discussed today to say, "Actually, here we've got an extra 90 minutes, an extra 60 minutes, et cetera."

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. All right.

GISELLA GRUBER: I have to get the meeting forms in in two weeks' time. They all need to be in, please.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. All right.

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Let's do that, yeah. We can start slotting. We've got that first meeting, of course, is the introductory one, and then we can have the ATRT 3 which is a 90-minute session. There will be people from At-Large out of that of that session and the auction proceeds group meet then. Okay, so we'll have to -- yeah, send out the doodle. I see Cheryl's hand is up. Is it a new hand, Cheryl?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Yes, it is, Maureen. Cheryl for the record.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Thank you. Hard to tell.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Sorry. What am I doing wrong?

MAUREEN HILYARD: I can hear you clearly.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Okay. All right, fine. The ACSO chair's meeting, Maureen, I wanted to raise a personal opinion that you may want to know about. I gather that Tom has on behalf of the nominating committee, the NomCom review process, requested a high-interest session for an update on the NomCom review as one of the two leads on that. He did that totally off his own bat. He has only last week informed the implementation working group that he's done that. And to be honest, I see very little value in it in the Marrakech meeting.

I see value in direction later on, but not before we've even got our first report in. So just as long as while you're discussing it, you realize that the review working group for NomCom is where we were up to shortly after the initial board recommendation on our own review of the working party. And that is we've had Marrakech for perhaps three days about putting implementation plans together. While you're considering what should or shouldn't make it into a high-interest topic.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I think that's in the discussion that we had of the -- I did say that we were not in favor of having a high-interest topic of one particular review that we should look. If we're going to do reviews at all, it was to look at them as a bigger picture within ICANN. So that's where people have

actually deviated and started to make other suggestions. So we have yet to confirm what that is. But yes, it was an initial suggestion, but it didn't go very far.

Okay, so I don't see any other hands, and it's sort of nearly the end of the session. So I think that we can keep -- we've got some things to start working on. And any other ideas, please drop them in to Gisella or to me or Heidi, and we can see how we can slot them into the program. But as long as John gets his compliance session and Jonathan can get his talking points organized before we go to Marrakech and start looking at policy topic and trying to fit some of those other sessions in, then I think we'll be fine. We'll be fine.

Okay, so can close the meeting then? Is there anyone else got anything to raise? No? I hope our audio hasn't dropped and you're all jumping up and down wanting to say something. But thank you very much for coming today and we'll keep in touch. Thank you.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Thank you, everyone. Sixty-one days to go. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you for that.

UNKNOWN SPEAKER: Bye bye.

CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Thank you, everyone, for joining the call. This meeting is now adjourned. Please remember to disconnect your lines. Thank you.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]