

**Zoom Chat Transcript**  
**ATRT3 Leadership #12 -- 15 May 2019**

13:45:22 From Pamela Smith : Good day! Welcome to ATRT3 Plenary #12 on 15 May 2019 @ 21:00 UTC.

13:45:33 From Pamela Smith : This meeting will be recorded. Please state your name for the record before comments. Kindly mute your audio when not speaking. Thank you.

13:54:39 From Vanda Scartezini : hi

13:54:51 From Pamela Smith : Hello, Vanda.

13:55:52 From Vanda Scartezini : there is a political manifestation in the PAULISTA Avenue ( where my office is located, and the noise is quite high!

13:56:10 From Jacques Blanc (ProDomaines) : Hi , guys !

13:56:22 From Vanda Scartezini : hi Jacques

13:56:22 From Jacques Blanc (ProDomaines) : can you hear me ?

13:56:31 From Ramet Khalili : Hi Everyone!

13:56:36 From Yvette Guigneaux : Hi Jacques, no I don't hear you

13:56:58 From Vanda Scartezini : hi Pamela. will mute my side . lots of noise in the streets

13:57:53 From Brian Cute : Hi everyone. I am here and will wait for item 2 on the agenda.

13:58:15 From Yvette Guigneaux : Hi Wolfgang - can we do a sound check for you?

13:58:17 From Pamela Smith : Welcome, Brian.

13:58:26 From Osvaldo Novoa : Hello all

13:58:40 From Vanda Scartezini : clear for me

13:59:17 From Yvette Guigneaux : Hi Sebastien - can we do a sound check for you?

14:00:04 From Sebastien Bachollet : Yes all OK

14:00:28 From Vanda Scartezini : clear Sebastien

14:00:39 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : PK good to go then

14:03:19 From Pamela Smith : Additional apologies:

14:03:22 From Pamela Smith : ATRT3 apologies:  
- KC Claffy

- Daniel Nanghaka

- Maarten Bottermann

- Brenda Brewer

- Negar Farzinnia

14:05:14 From Brian Cute : It's best for everyone. really. :)

14:05:24 From Wolfgang : YES AOB. Is the 2nd F2F meeting in Singapore fixed or are there options to move to the October 20++ dates?

14:05:41 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : Noted Wolfgang

14:06:04 From Sebastien Bachollet : AOB: Report of the Ombuds

14:06:47 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : I have not seen that distributed yet Seb

14:07:01 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : not seen it

14:07:25 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : it was a pending AI in our LT call on Monday

14:07:33 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : when you raised it

14:07:39 From Vanda Scartezini : to make it easy can you spy the links of the public comment and the list?

14:08:03 From jennifer.bryce : <https://www.icann.org/public-comments/evolving-multistakeholder-model-2019-04-25-en>

14:08:44 From Sebastien Bachollet : It was distributed today with already some answers Cheryl

14:09:12 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : I will look for it then

14:10:41 From Sebastien Bachollet : The sound of Brian is not very good

14:11:27 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : We have not allocated any Agenda time today but indicated in a future call where Herb is available we will take Q and A etc., Today substantive progress needs to be made on time critical matters like TOR is there more to discuss today SeB? noting Wolfgang's AOB will take time as well...

14:12:04 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : he is using VoIP I assume

14:14:06 From Yvette Guigneaux : Hi Sebastien - you are right, my apologies on that annoying high pitch noise, we're seeing what we can do on this end -

14:16:00 From Wolfgang : Hi Brian. Yes, It is important that we work hand in hand. Your report and the recommendations will be very useful for us. As I said in LA, this is the first ATRT after the IANA transition and we have to review the functioning of the whole

new model. And the "Community" and the functioning of the MS model is certainly part of our AT Review.

14:18:54 From Vanda Scartezini : totally agree Wolfgang

14:19:02 From Osvaldo Novoa : Me too

14:21:29 From Michael : Sorry - it was cutting out near the end

14:21:29 From Vanda Scartezini : guess our group would love to exchange ideas with Brian

14:21:35 From Michael : Can you repeat the Q?

14:22:44 From Vanda Scartezini : yes

14:22:46 From Michael : Good for me!

14:23:39 From Michael : Ok - I think I know where this is going.

14:23:47 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : SeB Re the AOB item regarding the report of the Ombuds office regarding your complaint earlier this year, as I see no objections in the offlist traffic to Publication and that was what was asked of us. So we can note that as an AI once we nearly confirm today that there are no objections....

14:23:52 From Michael : Our preliminary scoping doc is here:

<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T7It2splOWxkmP6mEn3RdmDnM38MkIX23f4chGIEiZc/edit>

14:24:12 From Michael : And in terms of specific areas of relevance to the MS model, transparency processes in SO/ACs seems relevant

14:24:45 From Michael : As is community access to information (via open data, the DIDP, etc.).

14:24:56 From Michael : And I guess NomCom might be in scope? Tough to say.

14:27:55 From Vanda Scartezini : great

14:29:11 From Vanda Scartezini : thank you

14:29:27 From Wolfgang : I think it is good if Brian's team goes through the 21 issues. This is good material for us. However, ATRT3 has to produce the "big picture". How ICANN as a whole - board, community, .org - meet the AT criteria in general. We should not get lost in the many details but get to the limited number of key issues

14:29:35 From larisa.gurnick : Just flagging that the ATRT3 will be sharing their finalized ToR and work plan with the Board and the community, so that may be yet another helpful tool for Brian for mapping.

14:30:11 From Vanda Scartezini : larisa. yes looks great idea

14:30:15 From Pat Kane (VRSN) : no worries, thanks and not at this time

14:30:34 From jennifer.bryce : Details on the next webinar, 15 May at 23:00 UTC;  
<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2019-05-07-en>

14:31:00 From Pamela Smith : Thank you, Jennifer.

14:32:06 From Brian Cute : Thank you all.

14:32:08 From Yvette Guigneaux : Also more info here on the webinar - Evolution of Governance Model Webinar - [Zoom Connection Details](#)

When: Today, May 15, 2019 @ 2300 UTC

Zoom link below for webinar: <https://icann.zoom.us/j/964732040>

Webinar ID: 964 732 040

14:33:46 From Tola : +1 Wolfgang

14:34:34 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : How can we assist with the set up Osvaldo?

14:35:29 From Maarten Botterman : sorry for being late - other Ican business.

14:36:00 From Vanda Scartezini : welcome Maarten

14:36:03 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : Noted Maarten, welcome

14:36:42 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : As soon as practical Jennifer

14:38:01 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : Doodle MUST include Pat and I remember SeB

14:40:07 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : Bring that back up in the AOB please Vanda

14:40:17 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : the Singapore meeting issue I mean

14:41:39 From Wolfgang : Regular calls are good but F2F interviews (in Marrakech and Montreal) will be more important.

14:42:04 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : Remember you have 30 mins with the GAC in Marrakech

14:42:44 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : Maartens time will be limited in Marrakech of course

14:42:47 From Maarten Botterman : maybe we can build on that by meeting beforehand and/or after ...

14:43:04 From Maarten Botterman : the gac interview

14:43:43 From Maarten Botterman : good idea Cheryl

14:45:22 From Wolfgang : Interaction with a group (as the GAC) is good and needed. But we should have additionally individual interviews with key persons from various communities for 30 minutes. This will bring much more detailed input. We have to develop such an interview plan for Marrakesh and Montreal.

14:45:50 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : who is available when even in Marrakech still needs to be considered of course Vanda Maartens dance card tends to be full, and not all of you are going to that meeting Do check the logistics though

14:46:56 From Vanda Scartezini : will do Cheryl will be connected will be connected with members and staff on this amtter

14:47:44 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : Thanks Vanda

14:48:18 From Tola : Nice presentation, Vanda 🍷☐

14:49:01 From Vanda Scartezini : thanks Tola, glad you liked

14:50:20 From Michael : I caught the emails that were sent around - that's what you're referring to?

14:51:00 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : Great :-)

14:51:25 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : getting questions for the community sorted for example

14:51:55 From Vanda Scartezini : jennifer has hand raised

14:53:33 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : :-)

14:53:42 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : well noted here Jennifree

14:55:49 From Vanda Scartezini : i believe we could prioritize

14:56:29 From Vanda Scartezini : independent of groups, cost can impact Board 's decision

14:58:35 From Wolfgang : Probabky you can it hear nme, but I support again that we take a "holistic approach" and concentrate on main issues. 5 recommenfations could be enough if we pick the right one.

14:58:54 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : Thanks for that Larrisa

14:59:29 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : Noted Maarten...

15:01:24 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : it is the when and how it effects \*our\* TORs  
thats critical here

15:03:55 From Pat Kane (VRSN) : agreed

15:04:30 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : Correct Michael ease of costs and the needs  
vbase for the priority from importance is the way to go

15:07:36 From larisa.gurnick : I have a four-quadrant type graphic that may be helpful  
for the mapping that Cheryl is talking about. Happy to share with you if it may be useful.

15:07:58 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : Sure we can take a look Larisa

15:12:56 From Vanda Scartezini : looks a good idea to share Larisa

15:13:07 From Wolfgang : The issue with the dates for the singapore meeting is  
simple: Is there on option to go back to the dates around October 20 or not. I am unable to  
follow the meeting - neither in person nor remotely - on October 7 - 9, but I would be very  
interested to join the secind F2F meeting.

15:14:08 From Herb Waye Ombuds : I will ensure my presence next week for your  
meeting

15:14:37 From Sebastien Bachollet : Maybe we can ask the Ombuds to do the  
presentation of his report?

15:14:40 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : Back sorry my Zoom crashed at an awful time

15:15:16 From Wolfgang : Orginally it was mid-November vs. October 20.

15:15:41 From Sebastien Bachollet : <https://doodle.com/poll/w74di9mhriimgmrn>

15:15:47 From Osvaldo Novoa : I don't remember my answer to the poll, but right  
now I won't be able to travel to Singapore on the 6th of october. I have already schedule a  
three weeks trip that includes these dates.

15:17:03 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : Osvaldo that means what for the later Oct date?

15:17:26 From Osvaldo Novoa : I can make it later in October

15:18:34 From Herb Waye Ombuds : @Séb and group, as all will have read the report I  
will be more than pleased to answer any questions, I do not want to take up too much of  
your valuable time making a presentation.

15:19:15 From Wolfgang : Id I see the tabvle than 7 people out of 17 are in favour of October 7 agasinst 5 for October 20. Thgis is very close.

15:19:44 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : Indeed Wolfgang this needs settling NOW IMO

15:19:58 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : otherwise CT has too much mucking about

15:20:11 From Wolfgang : We do not have to deliver the final report in Montreal. It could be just a summary.

15:21:03 From Vanda Scartezini : sure!

15:21:09 From larisa.gurnick : Please note that your work plan has you posting your draft report for public comment by the end of October, before ICANN66 - this would need to be amended should you decide to change the dates.

15:21:13 From Wolfgang : Could we have another poll with only two options: October 7 and October 20?

15:21:49 From Vanda Scartezini : works my group alone ...

15:22:22 From Wolfgang : I know that CT is always busy but come on. It is October. We have now May...

15:23:09 From Vanda Scartezini : we have 7 as first option but 9 as last option....

15:23:11 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : No Wolfgang I just want them to make the change ASAP not theor workload our RT Members

15:23:28 From Pat Kane (VRSN) : good point vanda

15:23:36 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : including any not on this call now who might be responding to the CT invitation to travel

15:24:44 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : Excactly why we need to deal with this NOW

15:25:21 From Vanda Scartezini : i have no problem , my group yes

15:25:48 From Wolfgang : I am in favor of 21

15:26:10 From Vanda Scartezini : Jacques you not? for both ?

15:26:31 From Cheryl Langdon-Orr : Yup New dates recall and resend emails from CT

15:26:33 From Jacques Blanc (ProDomaines) : wel..difficuly anyway

15:26:34 From jennifer.bryce : Ok - got it

15:27:33 From Vanda Scartezini : Sorry not to have you Jacques

15:27:49 From Herb Waye Ombuds : @Séb and group, as all will have read the report I will be more than pleased to answer any questions, I do not want to take up too much of your valuable time making a presentation

15:27:56 From Herb Waye Ombuds : trying to unmute

15:28:14 From Pamela Smith to Herb Waye Ombuds (Privately) : You are unmuted on this end, Herb.

15:28:40 From Vanda Scartezini : thanks herb

15:28:53 From Herb Waye Ombuds : You saw my message? Ok thanks

15:29:17 From Osvaldo Novoa : bye all

15:29:17 From Erica Varlese : Thanks everyone

15:29:19 From Demi Getschko : Thnaks

15:29:21 From Pamela Smith : Thank you, everyone.

15:29:22 From Wolfgang : byby

15:29:23 From Ramet Khalili : Bye

15:29:29 From Maarten Botterman : thanks

15:29:30 From jaap : by all