

## Adobe Connect Chat Transcript – SSR2 Review Team Face to Face at ICANN64 Day 1 - 8 March 2019

Steve Conte: Good Morning all. Just a heads up that I'll be dropping in 30minutes to join another meeting for a few minutes. I'll rejoin as soon as the segment that I need to attend is over

Jennifer Bryce: Hi Steve

Kerry-Ann: hi everyone

Kerry-Ann: i have no audio May. all in

Steve Conte: Hi Kerry-Ann. I heard Kiera when she was setting up the room, but I think mics are off right now

Kiera - Room Tech: There is no Audio through the mics currently, they will begin the meeting shortly

Laurin: Hi Steve, thanks for joining!

Steve Conte: Kerry-Ann is on Dial In too

Steve Conte: Hi Laurin :)

Jennifer Bryce: Here are the slides:

[https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1tJlJc3J\\_jxS9vU44CCSjvHr2q5CjVicOxB9eG2UG2S0/edit#slide=id.g51f1866924\\_2\\_834](https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1tJlJc3J_jxS9vU44CCSjvHr2q5CjVicOxB9eG2UG2S0/edit#slide=id.g51f1866924_2_834)

Laurin: Hi Kerry Ann and KC!

kc: hi ;)

kc: i guess i need a toll free dial in #

Jennifer Bryce: Here is the link to the Board resolution re CCT:

<https://www.icann.org/resources/board-material/resolutions-2019-03-01-en>

Norm Ritchie: <https://www.icann.org/resources/board-material/resolutions-2019-03-01-en>

kc: yes, in fact i heard several folks say that icann's response to these attacks by way of its announcement emphasizing the importance of DNSSEC in the face of these attacks, was disingenuous/misleading <https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2019-02-22-en>

Laurin: Yes KC, I see this as a good avenue to recommend ICANN to push baseline security arrangements that are not DNSSEC.

kc: which SSAC has recommended for a decade+

Laurin: I will draft a rec for that, please review.

kc: These seem to be the operative paragraphs in the CCT resolution: Whereas, the CCT-RT addressed its recommendations to the ICANN Board, ICANN org, community stakeholders, policy development process workinggroups, ongoing review teams and future review teams. Some recommendations suggest policy outcomes, which are for the community to develop through its policy-development processes, and not for the Board to direct or dictate.... The summary of comments received on the Final Report (<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/report-comments-cct-final-recs-01feb19-en.pdf>) highlighted a number of divergences of opinion, including key concerns on the final recommendations and lack of community alignment on how resources ought to be allocated.

kc: So I reckon we must expect the same thing if we recommend anything related to registrant protection. It probably behooves us to have someone investigate how the Board handled the recommendations in the most recent SSAC advisory on this topic: <https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/sac-074-en.pdf>

kc: not at the moment, i'd have to re-read myself

kc: dialing in..

Kerry-Ann: thanks KC....

Jennifer Bryce: Taking a 15 mins break

Kerry-Ann: .will rejoin in 45 minutes .. going to put the kids down

Steve Conte: I'm back now

kc: is the meeting restarted?

kc: i don't hear

Jennifer Bryce: Hi, we have not restarted yet

Kerry-Ann: restarted now?

kc: I haven't heard anything yet

Kerry-Ann: there was some convo and it stopped

Jennifer Bryce: The team has not restarted yet

Jennifer Bryce: The meeting has restarted

kc: please paste the link?

Jennifer Bryce: <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nmPlw-Q6nKI4UdQjAz4KAH83jMU2TIJWncZroWELwPY/edit>

Jennifer Bryce: The Q&A doc is here: [https://docs.google.com/document/d/14eJwDGP-LvS9ltTmZoh1i19Fi0\\_pB2nJ4JYMsS7lsco/edit](https://docs.google.com/document/d/14eJwDGP-LvS9ltTmZoh1i19Fi0_pB2nJ4JYMsS7lsco/edit)

Kerry-Ann: for me it's just been unclear how to coordinate all the volunteers for each section. for example, should we contact each other directly or go through staff .. any suggestions

Kerry-Ann: ok

Russ Housley: @Kerry-Ann: Some teams have been swapping small chunks of text already

Kerry-Ann: ok ... didn't realize .. for future challenges I can collate the responses and begin to structure it and while there next week I can reach out to volunteers to see who is available based on schedule

Kerry-Ann: @ Jen, in the schedule you shared , could you include those open sessions for drafting with times booked and room numbers/names

Jennifer Bryce: Hi Kerry-Ann, those are the draftgin sessions

Jennifer Bryce: The room # is 307

Kerry-Ann: hey Jen I printed the schedule before for this meeting .. sorry wasn't on emails ...

Kerry-Ann: thanks for the clarification

Jennifer Bryce: Ok, this is the latest "There are rooms booked for writing sessions for the following times. If you would like to request a different time please let us know. Monday 11 March 09:00 - 10:30 - 307 (KICC) Tuesday 12 March 10:15 - 13:30 - 307 (KICC) Wednesday 13 March 09:00 - 12:15 307 (KICC)"

Kerry-Ann: will collate and begin to coordinate a draft

Kerry-Ann: I think the conversation was around ensuring the recommendations are measurable

Kerry-Ann: same recollection as Laurin

Kerry-Ann: we will coordinate as I get in Monday night

Kerry-Ann: night guys ... will log in again next session

Kerry-Ann: ok

Jennifer Bryce: Thanks Kerry-Ann

Jennifer Bryce: We are breaking for lunch now

Jennifer Bryce: The team is working in breakout groups for the afternoon