
YESIM NAZLAR: Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome to the ICANN 65 Planning Committee call taking place on Wednesday, 10 April 2019, at 16:00 UTC.

On our call today, we have Cheryl Langdon-Orr, John Laprise, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Maureen Hilyard, and Daniel Nanghaka. We haven't received any apologies for today's call.

From staff side, we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Gisella Gruber, and myself, Yesim Nazlar, and I'll be doing call management for today's call.

Before we start, just a kind reminder to please state your names before speaking for transcription purposes. I also would like to add that Humberto Carrasco has joined us as well. And now I would like to leave the floor back to you, Maureen. Thank you very much.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Yesim, and welcome. [inaudible] nice of you to come along, Humberto. It's good to have you and Daniel and I [see] John and of course Cheryl and Olivier. It's a small group, but people probably think that planning for ICANN 65 is a couple of months away. But unfortunately, we need that couple of months to really get ourselves organized. So thank you to Gisella and the other staff members for prodding us along and getting us going. So that's great.

Okay, so really it's just introducing us to the new scheduling and also to just have a look at some of the ideas that have already been raised. I think it's due to the success of some of the sessions that we had in Kobe

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

– well, all of the sessions actually – and I think it does highlight the fact that the more community and the ALAC and At-Large community involvement in those working sessions does make it far more interesting but more inclusive. I think it was really a very successful departure from what our normal sessions have been in the past just because it was more related to what was relevant to us.

I see that Joanna and Jonathan are also here too. So we've only just begun. I'm now going to pass it over to Gisella to introduce us to the exciting scheduling that's going to be taking place in Marrakech.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Thank you very much, Maureen. I'd just like to remind everyone that although we are two months away from ICANN 65, or actually over two months away, we have quite tight deadlines as the EMS forms which are the forms that I submit with our meeting requests run from 29 April to 10 May. So that's in less than a month. That's in about three weeks' time. However, with regards to the timeline, we still are in the period of submitting high interest topics and cross-community sessions. And then the first planning call would be 25 April.

As it stands now, we've got – sorry, just coming back to the schedule, we then submit our meeting requests. So that means that each and every meeting that we're holding in our meeting room I'll have to submit a form that needs to be in by 10 May. Then we will be doing room allocation and conflict resolution from the 13th to the 24th. And on 24 May, the schedule closes. But prior to that, if we see that there are any conflicts, that we need to change any meetings, possibly add one,

have one running parallel to another one, there is still time, wiggle room there. But come 24 May, the schedule actually closes and it will hopefully be published on 3 June.

[inaudible] we come back to the ICANN 65 block schedule which I'll be showing you, which is still very much in draft form as we currently have seven cross-community high interest topics on this block schedule. And the Monday, we still have the welcome ceremony and the Ethos Award the last slot of the day. So no longer the 9:00-10:00 in the morning but actually running in the evening. So that hasn't yet been finalized 100%. I know that there is meant to be an internal call this coming Friday between ICANN executives to finalize that. And then hopefully, we will get the revised block schedule if there is a revised one unless we keep it as is.

With regards to the seven HIT and cross-community sessions, Maureen, I'm not sure if you want to just say a word now or if you just want to keep it to later with regards to the number of sessions that are on the block schedule but potentially they will be reduced to only three or four, depending on the topics that are chosen and the importance of the topics.

Because what has been raised is that this is called a policy forum, and in order to do our work at a policy forum we need time to work. So just giving [us] seven of these HIT cross-community sessions does not make any sense unless we've actually got valid topics with which to fill these. If it's just to meet for the sake of meeting, there's not much point. We have so much work to do, and now there are various PDPs running at

the same time. So this year we'll see [once I show our] Excel colorful document that it's going to be quite tricky to handle in any case.

Maureen, any comment on the HIT sessions at this stage, or just for later?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well, I think I've yet to feedback to the SO/ACs but I did send a message out about the high interest topics and I got some good feedback. So I think that universal acceptance, the DoH which I had to look up because I didn't know what it meant, and of course the reviews, and I forgot what the fourth one was now.

GISELLA GRUBER: Governance.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, governance. I think that I'll feed that back and see if there's any further updates from the chairs. But I think just carry on because it's really just good to be able to have a look and see where things are and what we'll be blocking out. For example, if there's a high interest topic session happening, it just means that we're going to be blocking out some of those sessions already. So we'll just see how things go. All right, just carry on. Thank you.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Thank you, Maureen. Yesim, if we could kindly have the schedule up now. Not the At-Large working session timing. [It's just the] schedule. I've also worked [up] the working session timings, but I just wanted to run through what we currently have on our schedule which will help you understand how I've got to the number of working session hours that I've got. And this may change, depending on what people give here as feedback.

As you've seen now, we have several spanners in the wheels with the GNSO sessions. I've added these to our table just to give us an overview of what's happening and running alongside our sessions. Now the days start [the 8:00]. On Monday morning this is just a suggestion for an ALT-Plus breakfast at the hotel. I'm just keeping what we've had previously but, again, no obligation.

The 8:00-8:30 slot on the four days of the Marrakech meeting are held for outreach only. So if we wish to hold any form of outreach, we can book something. Otherwise, the sessions start at the earliest at 8:30. What we've seen on the first day is we usually start at 9:00, sometimes 8:30. People can still actually be getting into the time zones, etc., after their long travels and arriving on the Sunday. But again, we've got leeway. We have an additional 30 minutes on Monday morning if we do wish to start earlier.

As it stands now, we've got ALAC and regional leaders working sessions starting in the morning the first two morning slots. Then we've got a working lunch. That would be a 60-minute session. That needs to be confirmed. We're still working on the budget available for Marrakech, but I've just put it in there as a placeholder.

Then the first afternoon slot again is a working session. We then go straight into an HIT cross-community session and potentially the welcome and Ethos Awards. That would then lead into a cocktail at 18:00-18:30. Now you can see running parallel to that, we have the new gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP. That is for the morning. And the first afternoon slot is the CCWG auction proceeds.

I'll just swiftly run through the week, and then we can maybe stop to take any questions.

There will be a question on Tuesday actually. John, you had requested a social media breakfast. I've just slotted that in. That is not at 8:00 in the morning. It will need to be much earlier, but I've just put it to make sure that it doesn't get lost and that we can plan it.

We then have the joint civil society outreach session. Now bearing in mind that I took this off the Panama meeting, what I suggest here is the question is, do we wish to have an outreach session on Tuesday in Marrakech? In which case, we've previously had one nonconflicting and then we can see the second one would be conflicting. I hope everyone is on the AC room or is able to see this document which is attached to the agenda.

And you can see running parallel on Tuesday for the whole day is going to be EPDP Phase 2 as well as in the morning [for us] the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures. I've also noted that the NPOC have got an executive committee meeting on Tuesday morning.

I see Jonathan has his hand raised. Please, Jonathan.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Thanks, Gisella. I just want to make sure that John's session about [inaudible] for the regional leaders, for the RALO leads, is on this schedule someplace because that's going to be an important [presentation]. That's an hour or 90 minutes or something of laying out how we're going to try to do this big outreach exercise. So let's make sure that's on the schedule as one of our working sessions.

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you for that, Jonathan. We'll make note of that. Maureen, any input on that for now, or can I just continue?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, I just wanted to say the regional leaders, is that the usual regional leaders meeting that they hold? Is that for the RALO chairs? I think that's a pretty consistent [inaudible].

JONATHAN ZUCK: Yes.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, okay.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Yeah, it's a pretty consistent group, but it's definitely for the RALO chairs that John would [inaudible].

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes.

GISELLA GRUBER: Just to let you know that on Thursday – again, this is nothing set in stone. Everything can be moved around. It’s just to give an idea of what we do actually need to schedule. And you will see it if you go into the Excel document, and I do have it to display after this. I’ve put a tab called groups, [inaudible], and topics. On Thursday the first afternoon session we have the At-Large regional leaders scheduled for a 90-minute session. We schedule a 90-minute meeting at all the ICANN meetings. I’m not sure if what you mentioned, Jonathan, would be during this meeting or whether another meeting would need to be held.

JONATHAN ZUCK: That just depends on what else needs to happen with that audience. That’s the right audience for John, but he would need all that time. So if they need to do other process oriented, it might need to be a separate meeting but for the same group of people.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I know that [inaudible].

JONATHAN ZUCK: John says two sessions.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sorry. All right, Jon. For that particular session, it's the regional leaders. It's generally their agenda. So if we're going to do something that we actually need the regional leaders actually attending, which they should be attending all of our sessions anyway but specifically for them, then it probably may need to have another session or that you actually have – I don't know who the chair. Is it the chair of the region that it's in, or what happens there?

GISELLA GRUBER: Correct. The chair of the region, Mohamed.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Right, okay, so there would be Mohamed.

JONATHAN ZUCK: It sounds like it's a separate meeting. It sounds like it's a separate time slot.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, okay. Well, we're going to have to see what we can put in, but it will be fine. Okay, I'll put it into the list prioritized. Thank you.

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you very much. Just coming back to Tuesday, the thoughts on the outreach session whether we are likely to hold one or not, is there any feedback at this stage or would you just like me to continue and then we can come back to that afterwards?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, just carry on.

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you. We've then got on Tuesday [inaudible].

DANIEL NANGHAKA: [inaudible].

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, Daniel. Is that Daniel?

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Yeah, [inaudible] outreach and engagement [inaudible] on Tuesday [inaudible] something else? Because I had made a request for the outreach and engagement [inaudible] meeting, [inaudible] meeting. Back to you, Gisella.

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you very much, Daniel. It's just to gauge with Maureen whether this outreach and engagement session is a meeting of the Outreach and Engagement Subcommittee, or if we would like to integrate this into our working sessions and for everyone to be part of this discussion.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, well, I think what we've got to do is actually prioritize because we're limited with our sessions and we've got some quite important sessions to include. So we're going to have to see if whether – like I see in Tuesday that the outreach session is actually being held outside of the meeting. Or is that a proposal for the working session? Gisella, was that proposed to be run outside of the working session?

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, with regards to [inaudible]?

MAUREEN HILYARD: On Tuesday where you've got the joint civil society outreach session, is that proposed to be run outside of the working session?

GISELLA GRUBER: Maureen, the first session would be suggested to be run as a nonconflicting session. So we'd have it in a different room though because we could then have the second part of that outreach could be conflicting with one of our working sessions, again depending on the topic.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Right.

GISELLA GRUBER: This again is not something that – this is bottom-up so either we decide to have a joint outreach session. I've kept what we had in Panama, so it may or may not happen. This is what we're trying to assess.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, yeah, because we might need it. It's good to have. At least we know the spaces, and we'll make sure that Daniel does get his time to have an outreach session. But we just have to look at what spaces we've got and what we need to fill our own working sessions with. Because it's a policy thing. There is lots of other time for outreach, opportunities for outreach activities. So we'll see what we can do.

Jonathan, have you got your hand up again, or is that an old hand?
Okay. All right, sorry for interrupting, Gisella. Carry on.

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you very much. Heidi did ask whether the [inaudible] joint outreach At-Large-NCUC. Yes, correct. It was just kept labeled as it was for Panama, but again it is for any joint outreach session with whoever it may be. And it would help to know whether we would like to hold this or not because, again, we would need to have parallel discussions with all those involved to make sure that everyone would like to do it from the other side as well as getting an agenda and speakers put together. Because again, we've got limited time to get this set up with the tight turnaround between the meetings.

Just coming back to the Tuesday, we end with the two high interest topic cross-community sessions. And then in the evening at this stage, [inaudible] are likely to be playing in Marrakech.

Now again, it is more than likely that we are going to be getting time back from the cross-community sessions that are currently held because we don't schedule anything alongside those. So I'm hoping that somewhere along the line we may get three hours of working time, possibly two cross-community sessions back and only hold five out of seven. But unfortunately, I don't have any input on that at the moment. And as I said, hopefully within the next week, we'll know more.

Moving on to Wednesday, we've got the regular working group in the morning, the two morning slots starting with 8:30. Note that the CCWG auction proceeds are running alongside that. I've asked GAC support staff whether they've had any further input on the timing for our session with the GAC, and at this stage I haven't heard back from them yet. I know they are still working on their schedule. Their schedule also depending on the outcome of the cross-community session. But for now, I've just penciled it in to say we are likely to have a 45- to 60-minute session with the GAC.

And then on Wednesday afternoon, we have the joint AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting followed by the two cross-community sessions. That evening is open to community networking. We have the AFRALO networking event penciled in at that time, but I'll leave that to later in the agenda. I'm sure that Silvia and Heidi will touch on that. Just to point out, we do have a meeting next week to discuss the AFRALO networking event further with AFRALO leadership.

On Thursday, which these hours when we look at the total hours that we have to work, I haven't counted these because these are the Wrap-up Part 1 and Part 2 where we usually have a pretty full agenda in any case. So we don't usually have time to discuss anything else in the usual wrap-up format. But again, open to suggestions.

And then we have the ICANN 66 kickoff by invitation over the lunchtime and in the afternoon the At-Large regional leaders which I penciled in for 90 minutes followed by the cross-community sessions and the community wrap-up.

You will have noticed the EPDP Phase 2, RPM PDP, the CCWG auction proceeds, the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures. The GNSO are being very busy, and I'm sure that they're going to slot more in as soon as we have any other session released.

At this stage, is there anything that jumps out that doesn't look right? Please, this is only taking the skeleton from what we have had in the past. Everything can be changed. We just need to make sure that the sooner we know where you'd like to place meetings, the easier it is for me to work in the background to work on conflicts with other groups. Thanks.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

We're really very limited with time. Is Olivier on? He hasn't made a comment yet about reducing the NCUC-ALAC time. Did we have two sessions in the last policy forum for that? We did obviously because you've taken straight from the Panama one. Was it Panama that we were at?

GISELLA GRUBER: Correct.

MAUREEN HILYARD: As you say, when we have all the PDPs and CCWG meetings put in there, it's going to be taking people out. Oh, Olivier has his hand up. Olivier?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Maureen. Indeed, you're quite right. I haven't spoken yet. One of the problems, of course, is having so little time here. This is a policy and outreach as well because that's how it was designed to start with. That's why it actually says outreach at the beginning. I just wonder where we can slot this.

Indeed, at the last meeting in Kobe we had two sessions. We had a total of two and a half hours I think, 90 minutes and then another hour. I don't think we'll be able to get that much. So this time if we can get 90 minutes somewhere early on, then that would be great. I really don't know where or when.

The concern as you said is that we've got the subsequent procedures PDP, we've got a whole lot of other things. That being said, Tatiana Tropina is on the EPDP and that is at the moment I see scheduled toward the end of the week instead of the beginning. So that actually would work so we could both co-chair.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Yes, well, I'm sure that – oh, hang on – it's sort of down Thursday, Wednesday [for] EPDP.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: It's only four days.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, we probably have to have it either Monday or Wednesday.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yeah, it would make sense to do it on Monday, indeed.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, well, Gisella, if you could make a note of that so that we do if at all possible put it on early in the week where it's nonconflicting and we can see what we can do here. Is that it, Olivier? Can I have Jonathan now? Jonathan? When you unmute yourself probably.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't just unmute. I got disconnected. I'm sure Olivier is more than happy to give you me. If you say, "Can I have Jonathan," he's ready to shed me at a moment's notice.

I guess what I want to say is since it came up on the CPWG call today is if part of what we do differently at this type of meeting is send people out into the wild to participate in the normal policy development processes going around and the CCWG meeting around in the meetings,

is there [Gisella] any kind of session very early on that would get high attendance of, so few conflicts, where we go over talking points potentially and then actually go through an exercise of taking volunteers and assigning people to different sessions around the building with an expectation that they'll go represent our consensus views and come back and report on them at the end of the meeting or something like that? Is there a way to schedule a session like that?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yeah, I guess we have to find – well, here am I saying, yes, we'll try and find an unconflicted time, and I can see there's probably about two in the whole week. But at the same time as you say, it's policy, it's looking at talking points. So again, that gets prioritized. We just need to make sure that there is some quality policy input into something that's really quite [inaudible]. I know how many people had that piece of paper and were referring to it with regards to the talking points. It's good to have those, and if it could be produced on site even. So again, we're just adding to a list at the moment. And then we have to look at what's on the list, what we definitely need to keep, and what we may have to leave until the next meeting or in teleconference calls and stuff.

Okay, so [inaudible].

JONATHAN ZUCK:

Thanks, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Carry on.

JONATHAN ZUCK:

Yeah, I guess let's just keep the lines of communication open on it because it could be that it's something we need to try to handle before the meeting with a sub list of attendees or something like that. I don't know what the answer is, but Heidi definitely cracked the whip on [us] a little bit in Kobe that we didn't do enough with the notion of the talking points. And John thankfully scrambled toward the end and we did some presentations for the board and things like that.

But this seems like a perfect opportunity whether some of it happens before or at the beginning of the meeting to formalize the notion of [inaudible] and here's where you should go use them and please attend this meeting. And then at the wrap-up session come tell us how it went. That sort of thing. So in order to really see Heidi's vision come to reality, let's just keep the lines of communication open on this. If we can't find a slot, then let's do something in the lead up online or even a call maybe that serves this purpose so that we can formalize people's participation in the meeting.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yeah. And I think that a purposeful for setting that up would probably be a good idea. So you've got people putting together something but before the meeting so that it's actually distributed and used more. And then again also talking points, we looked at key issues. But we know that there are going to be lots of things coming up because of the high interest topics and other things that will arise. It's good to have. Those talking points were really handy.

Okay, so what's this? Heidi says, "Should this call take place in advance of the May ALAC call? Have a discussion." What date is the May ALAC call? Isn't it the last week of May or something? So, yeah, I think if we can start on those discussions as soon as, I think that's – ah, thank you, Hadia. The 23rd, yeah. That would be really good. We'll put that down in action items so we can follow up on that one.

Gisella, have we done that schedule now?

GISELLA GRUBER:

Maureen, we've discussed it. We'll come up with some alternative options to allow for outreach to be on Monday, just a 90-minute session. And we'll be in touch in any case with that. I just wanted to show quickly the time that we've got as it stands now for policy or for our discussions to take place. If you just [inaudible] me, I've just done a quick document with regards to the working time that we have in Marrakech. There we go. This is also in the Excel document.

Just running through briefly, we've got about nine and three-quarter hours. Things are likely to change, but we've got the gray times are the exclusive working session times. I haven't counted the Monday lunch session in yet, and I'm not 100% on the catering budget. Tuesday, now that we've had the discussion of – well, times will change around, but we're likely to get some time back there because we had 105 minutes allocated to outreach. [inaudible] get a little bit more time back there.

And then Wednesday, we've got two open morning slots subject to the GAC meeting running for 60 minutes. And then on Thursday, I haven't counted the wrap-up in our working time. So that gives us, give or take,

about ten hours to do our work in. And as I said, we may even get three hours back from the high interest cross-community sessions. And that's all from me for now. Thank you. Sorry, I did prepare a document just with what we've been discussing up to now [inaudible].

MAUREEN HILYARD: Right.

GISELLA GRUBER: But again in the Excel document, the last tab is just groups and topics. As it stands now, we've got the GAC. We're working on the timing with them. Question mark on whether they're [inaudible] to meet with SSAC. I've noted that we needed to discuss the joint outreach events. Then as topics, we have compliance [inaudible] community. We need to prep for the ALAC and GAC meeting. [inaudible] need to discuss ATLAS III. We had 30- to 45-minute session penciled in with Leon. ATRT which was brought up, requested by Cheryl as well.

And we'll need ICANN 66 prep session bearing in mind that ICANN 66 prep will be for the Saturday and Sunday as we're going to have to get all ALAC work into two days in Montreal as we have ATLAS running through from Monday to Thursday. I noted the AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting [and] the RALO meeting as well as the regional secretariats meeting. No work groups as such at a policy forum. And then I also just made note of the social events that we currently have on the schedule. So that is all from me. Thank you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

All right, thank you. Okay, it's looking busy already. But I think that we've got a few – the sessions that I've actually got, for example, that I put in in Number 3, the sessions that are listed there were just those sessions that were passed over to me and I thought I'd put them down just to ensure that we didn't forget them and that we were including them into the program wherever we could.

But for example for the ATRT3 introduction and also that [Steven] approached me in Kobe to just do a one-on-one on the Empowered Community for those who are fairly new to At-Large or who would like to know a little bit more about it anyway. John had mentioned that after the compliance session in Kobe, because that was supposed to be an introductory one anyway, is that there would be a follow-up on that. Again, we're looking at what that will involve.

And Jonathan suggested a skills session which sounded for a face-to-face session I think it would be a really good one for our either in Montreal where we'll have a lot of people who are going to be in Montreal and would benefit from being exposed to that kind of information and would be very supportive for their role within At-Large.

And of course, we've got outreach. I notice that there is that half an hour that's given in the morning for outreach. Do we normally do anything during that half an hour? I mean, I can't remember what we did even in our last one. Do we run sessions during that?

GISELLA GRUBER:

Maureen, we didn't in Panama.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Have we in earlier ones? Where was the one before that? The policy forum. Can anyone remember?

GISELLA GRUBER: Helsinki.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, okay. I guess we could leave that up to Daniel, and he and his crew can look at having something exciting being done every morning at 8:00 or earlier up until – what is it? It's 8:30-9:00 or something.

GISELLA GRUBER: It's 8:30.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, okay. Well, that can be their task. And, Heidi, the social gadabout is also mentioning the At-Large dinner. If we're going to have something like that, we do need to have it early. And of course, I'm assuming that [inaudible] will be on. I think I heard Olivier mention before that it would probably be on, but that's something [inaudible].

But I think what we'll do is we'll have a look at – oh, Olivier has got his hand up, but just before I pass it over to Olivier – is that I just want to mention that if there are any other working session ideas, that you [flip] those over to us so that we can have a look at where things might fit so that once we've worked out the program, people can actually start

preparing for them and doing all the things that we got ready for Gisella to put into the program for readiness for passing it on to the ICANN schedulers as well. What went into the timetables were really helpful.

Okay, Olivier, the floor is yours.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Maureen. On the topic of the At-Large dinner, I have spoken to Aziz with regards to [inaudible] and we will conduct [inaudible] either in the same location as we have last time which is on site because we're in [inaudible]. So either there or we will conduct it just down the road, walking distance. So I gather that because we are all on a campus, I'm not sure whether Gisella was looking at having the At-Large dinner off campus and in the main town or nearby. If it's nearby, then we can just walk over from one to the other.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, I like that idea, but that's just me.

GISELLA GRUBER: Just to make sure that everyone's dinner will be on campus hopefully like last time which makes it very practical for everyone to get to and from and reduce costs as well. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, great. Awesome. Anything else from anyone? Any other questions or comments? Because I think that what we've got now is we've got an idea of what the plan is. Yes, Joanna? The floor is yours.

JOANNA KULESZA: I'm wondering whether [inaudible].

MAUREEN HILYARD: You're very quiet, or is it just me?

JOANNA KULESZA: [inaudible] Hello?

YESIM NAZLAR: Joanna, we cannot hear you.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: No, we're having trouble hearing you, Joanna.

JOANNA KULESZA: [Is this better? Hello?]

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Not really.

JOANNA KULESZA: [I'll just type it] [inaudible].

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yesim, is Joanna on the phone line?

YESIM NAZLAR: No, unfortunately, she's not. I'm just checking with her if she's happy to receive a dial out.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. We'll give her a sec.

YESIM NAZLAR: Joanna?

MAUREEN HILYARD: She'll like [inaudible].

YESIM NAZLAR: Since we cannot hear you, we'll try to dial out to you. Let's see if you are able to answer. Okay?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Just while we're waiting for Joanna, I do note that there are several spaces that have been assigned for the auction proceeds. And at that meeting, we're going to be presenting a report, but I don't think we're

going to need all those spaces. So hopefully we'll get some unconflicted sessions if they don't need to have three sessions for that particular topic.

Okay, is Joanna not connecting?

YESIM NAZLAR: Not yet. Adigo is currently dialing [inaudible].

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Joanna says she's going to follow up on e-mail.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, she's going to do it by e-mail. Okay. Okay, no details for the capacity building sessions at the moment apart from working if there's anyone that approaches you or something that comes out of things. Because I know that for the full capacity building I think that we've got some introductory sessions here. And although the skills sessions can either be done at Marrakech but it's just that unless you want to do it again but I really think that the Montreal session because we're going to have the ATLAS people there as well and if we do it during an ALAC working session, it just means I'm assuming that they will be available to be at that ALAC group as well. Just confirm for me, Olivier, if that would be correct. The travelers will also be available to attend the ALAC session?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, I think so. I'll have to check on the thing.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I'm sort of hoping so because I thought that skills session that Jonathan could provide would be really good and [there's] other sessions too.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: The only question I have for that is whether, because we also do get the NCUC involved and I don't know whether they would object or not or whatever. But, look, let's just take it as an action item that I get in touch with the NCUC, see what they want to do, and then I guess I have to work with staff to find out where we can find a slot or something.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. This is capacity building for the ALAC working sessions anyway.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Oh, okay.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Not your NCUC outreach.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Not my thing.

MAUREEN HILYARD: No, this is a separate one. Yes.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, that's fine.

MAUREEN HILYARD: So that's fine. Okay, so is there anything else? Because I think that – yeah, exactly – I think that we have basically covered everything. It would be really good if I could actually finish my hours of being online on online meetings. I could almost be like Cheryl. Do them one after the other, one after the other. So thank you very much for coming along today. We will keep in touch. We will make sure that when we have our next meeting we'll have hopefully the schedule will be more in place and we actually will have assigned some of the, found out a little bit more about which one of these working groups and the PDPs are firmly established and we'll be able to organize ourselves a little bit better. So thank you very much. I think we might close this meeting, unless someone has a burning issue.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, there we go. Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, just very quickly. Thank you. When would you like the next meeting to be held?

MAUREEN HILYARD: As soon as Gisella lets us know that the schedule has been finalized and we've got just a little bit more clarification or verification of some of when these sessions are actually going to be held so we know when our nonconflicted sessions are going to be so we can slot important ones into those slots. Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER: Maureen, I think that we'll probably need to have another call. And like I said, we don't have long to do this schedule. I'd say we need another call in ten days to two weeks. We will have more elements by then. Nothing will be final, but I really need more input.

I'm happy to play around with the schedule further to today's call to try and just place things in a better way, but I think that we definitely need to keep the discussion rolling on the sessions that we want, on prioritizing the topics that we have, and then seeing whether we can slot any other sessions in. For instance, if we do anything in outreach and engagement to see which other parts of the community we would like to pull in on this or not, etc.

So I think ten days to two weeks is maximum because then we'll need a call the following week which will be the last week of April. And I'll need to be submitting the forms, and then we'll probably need a weekly call just to make sure that we're all aligned. Nothing will be finalized in 10

days because until we've got the cross-community high interest topic session set, we are still pretty much working on a tentative schedule. But I really think it would be very good for this group to meet again in ten days to two weeks.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Two weeks is good. Also, it gives us time for people who actually want to have some input into the working sessions, it's getting them organized. Like I mean making sure that Cheryl's available. Like we've asked [Steven]. And also if John decides to do the follow-up on the compliance, there's the people that he's asking to have in the session. Also, I think, Jonathan, if your looking at a policy session as well as a talking points session, do you need people and that kind of stuff? So we'll have to organize, get people talking to possible guests and invitees sort of things. And then Gisella and I will be able to slot those into the schedule. Gisella, is that your hand up again?

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, old hand.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Old hand, okay. No one else with any other questions or queries? There are only six minutes to go. Anyone want to hold the floor for six minutes? No? Okay, great. Thank you very much. We'll be in touch to give you a more definite meeting time. I think within two weeks, Daniel has an outreach and engagement meeting anyway. So there could be things coming out of that meeting that can actually contribute to the

next session as well. So cool. Alrighty? So thank you very much. See you in another meeting sometime. Bye.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]