

---

PAT KANE: Thank you, Brenda.

BRENDA BREWER: I have an introduction, one moment please, Patrick. Good morning everyone, good afternoon, good evening. I'd like to welcome you to ATRT3 Review Team Plenary Call #10 on April 24, 2019 at 1100 UTC. Attending the call today is Pat, Daniel, Erica, Jaap, Liu, Maarten, Osvaldo, Ramet, Sebastien, Vanda and Jacques. We have observers joining us Alice, Avri, Herb, Jim, Sophie, Taylor. From ICANN Org we have Jennifer, Negar and Brenda. Today's call is being recorded, I'd like to remind everyone to please state your name before speaking, and I will turn the call over to Pat. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Thank you, Brenda. Good morning, everyone. Now we've gone through the rollcall, we can start off with any SOI updates from anyone. Start by raising your hand, please.

Not seeing any, let's jump right in then and talk about Work Party Communication Channel. I'd like to have a quick conversation to see if everything that we're doing so far, include the Skype, the email, the workspace, is everything working effectively or do we need to have certain items changed or taken a look at or maybe something worked better?

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

---

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Did you put me on the line but I'm just on the phone.

PAT KANE: Sebastien, I heard part of what you said, is there something you'd like to interject?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yeah, I wanted to be put on the list of speakers and tell you that I'm just on the phone and that's why you may have some trouble; I hope you hear me okay but I am on a street with a lot of noise.

PAT KANE: Very good, Sebastien, I hear you well. You are the first in the queue, so go ahead.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you. I think it's not really about how we communicate but I have the question that some of us, including me, need some training on some tools and it would be great if we can organize both with Zoom and Google Doc and eventually Skype, some training to allow us to be more fluid in how we work, how we do the things, because if not, we will duplicate the work and not be easy going. It's a suggestion. Thank you very much.

---

PAT KANE: I think that's a good suggestion. I guess I'll throw this to Jennifer; Jennifer or Brenda, what tools do we have or what training do we have available to us on Zoom or on Google Docs?

JENNIFER BRYCE: In terms of the Zoom training, I know that the ICANN Org, obviously we had some internal training ourselves because we're new to Zoom as well, so we can certainly ask our colleagues and see what of that training repurpose for you all and of course if that's not going to be suitable then Brenda and myself can host a session for those who are interested to answer question and practice with Zoom. The same with Google Docs, I'm not sure off the top of my head what training resources that we do have available but certainly we will take that back and ask our colleagues and we can set up a session for that as well. Thank you.

PAT ZANE: Thank you very much Jennifer for that. What I would suggest to open up to the group is that, we do that during one our regularly scheduled meetings so that we don't have additional meetings since for some of us we currently have at least two per week for this and I know many people are on other review teams or working groups etc., so if we could make the coincide with this particular meetings, I think that would be helpful Jennifer. Anybody else have a comment on that? Osvaldo.

---

OSVALDO NOVOA: No, I support what you said and what Sebastien said. I have an issue of coordinating Skype and Google Docs regarding the work of the group, the subgroup work. I'm sure if we are duplicating efforts, so I think yes, we need some training as to how to work in the subgroups regarding the Google Docs and the Skype group. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Thank you, Osvaldo. I think that maybe we need to talk through some processes to coordinate that. Vanda, I see that your hand is up.

VANDA SCARTEZINI: I have a question and Cherry answered to me, because I have the same issue related to what Osvaldo is talking about, and I understood that we will work by Skype and when we find an agreement we just post each to the Google Doc, so it's not that we put everything in the Google Doc and the Skype too because it's duplicate work, but what I understood was that. You work with the Skype and when you are done, your group is completely agreed with that, we post this into the Google Doc, because in the future, if you have [inaudible] the people can catch the agreed issued into the Google Doc and it will be more concrete work for them. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Thank you, Vanda.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: If I can be on the list.

JENNIFER BRYCE:                    Sebastien, you can go ahead. I'll wait, thank you.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET:            Thank you. I am not sure that -- I think it's the best way to work, Google Doc is really the place where we need to put documents and ask all of us need to participate in this in the finalization of the Google Docs with comments, change and so on. Skype is not for that, Skype is for chat, it's a place where we can discuss an issue, where we can discuss eventually one sentence but not a document.

Therefore, if we have trouble, if we don't want to show to the large group what we are doing in the subgroup, I have no problem with that but we may decide to have a Google Doc for each subgroup and their reporters or whatever the name you want to give, when we agree, put them on the global document we are currently working on. I really don't think that Skype is a nice place to put new sentences, it's a place to exchange ideas. Thank you.

PAT KANE:                            Thank you, Sebastien. Daniel.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:                Just in response to what Sebastien is saying and what Vanda has been doing, I would like to mention that the Community Working Group, the Community Working Party and the Review Working Party have two separate Google Docs, which is different from the four exercises or the

---

supporting document they are using, so all the respected feedback is in the respective documents that are shared. Also, I think let's try to use the Skype to be able to chat on a way we can be able to move things forward and different respective discussions. When consensus us reached, then we can be able to get back into the respective Google Docs and pinpoint there. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Thank you, Daniel. Jennifer.

JENNIFER BRYCE: Thanks, Pat. Just to say that, if any of the groups do need help and would like to set up a separate Google Doc in the meantime, just let us know because we can certainly help to do that. On the training, as I said, we'll work to get something set up and I took some notes already on some of the issues that people have raised.

If you could all have a think and if there's any particular questions or comments that you'd like to share that will help us to inform and make sure that those trainings are valuable, given that you're already busy like you said, Pat, that would be great. I'll set up a little area, space that the team can work with and post any questions or comments in there. Thanks.

PAT KANE: Great, thank you, Jennifer. One of the things that I would recommend that we do though, in each of the work parties, is that we document for transparency, how each work party is going to go about performing

---

their work, so Vanda's got a process where she's using for Skype, it may not work the same way for Sebastien's group. As we figure out how each of the work parties, you're going to conduct their work and I'm okay with them being different but I think what we over should take a look at, is for them to be consistent within the group and then document it as to how each group is going to work. Any thoughts on that?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

It's an important point what you say, we need to be transparent and Skype is not the tool to be transparent. It's a tool where a group of people join and chat, it's not the place where we build consensus, where we build the documents. If we want to be transparent, we need to do that in a Google, we need to know who put this idea, why they put this idea and the discussion then after.

Therefore, I really think that we can't say that the Google Doc, it's when the consensus builds because the consensus will be built eventually in the subgroup and then it will have to be build at the level of the full group. I would like to encourage everyone of us not to us Skype as a document working tool but as a chat, exchange of ideas and then to put those ideas into the Google Doc to allow a better traceability of our work. Thank you.

PAT KANE:

Thank you, Sebastien. Daniel, I see that your hand is up.

---

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

I did not mention that not put Skype as a tool for building consensus, it's to have the chat, the chat in Skype compared to when you're having the chat in the Google Docs. Google Docs has a chat feature but I don't think that we, the members of the groups readily available use this chat feature, it does not track discussions.

I suggest that, let's find ways of how bring consensus and how we're going to be able communicate. Personally, I consider, I'm okay with Skype, I'm okay with Google Docs and I'm okay with Zoom as a communication channel. Explore ways of how we can be able to have our work [inaudible] without affecting the other respective parties. Thank you.

PAT KANE:

Thank you, Daniel. I noticed in the chatroom, from Ramet, that Zoom is filtered in Iran, although he's doing his best to get through. Does anybody else have any issues with filtering of any of the tools that we are currently using? Just check the yes button if you do, don't worry about the no button but if you do, check the yes please. Okay, great, thank you. Vanda, you have a filtered item, either through Zoom or Skype or something.

VANDA SCARTEZINI:

Yeah.

PAT KANE:

Which one?

VANDA SCARTEZINI: I have no problem and I agreed in the chat with Jennifer, that she will set up a Google Doc for our subgroup. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Great, thank you very much Vanda. Alright, so there's nothing else in that particular topic item. Let's move to agenda item number three and updates from each of the work parties. If we could start with the Board Work Party please. Daniel, you've got your hand up?

DANIEL NANGHAKA: I just wanted to mention, regarding the filters in Uganda, all [inaudible] communication tools are taxed. So if we don't pay our tax, then we can't be able to use tools like Skype or Zoom or anything here. Just for the record. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Thank you Daniel for sharing that, I appreciate it. Let's move to the updates from the work parties. Board Work Party, please.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: You want us to say where we are? I have updated the part on the board of the document of the Google Doc by morning, few hours earlier, taking into account the change of the chat channels. I ask everybody to have a look and make comments and add other ideas if they wish. We are working on defining what we need from the Board or from the Staff

---

to give us the information, we are starting to gather that. I think as a matter for all, I think if Jennifer can create also a specific Google Doc for the Board Subgroup it will be great. I hope that we will receive comments from the other members of this team to go ahead with the work. Thank you.

PAT KANE:

Thank you, Sebastien. Anybody else want to add anything for the Board Group, please raise your hand. Seeing no hands, can we move to GAC Work Party, please.

VANDA SCARTEZINI:

I send a slide yesterday but if it's not received well from Jennifer or Brenda, so I can read here. We got an observer in our group, Yang Liu and we welcome him. We proposed a draft work plan to Marrakech and while we were last night waiting for the comments but everybody comment and it's approved now. We're going to have post to the general Google. I posted at Skype Doc and send by email too.

I also posted a link to the part of ATRT2 report on GAC Achievement, and I note that it's important to see that the GAC theoretically has implemented most of the recommendations from recommendation 6 from ATRT2, and needed Martin and you to confirm such a reality. Send information to the GAC and a question to the GAC to see that. I appreciate you to send that.

According to our draft workplan, our next work we'll review this working plan, if it's possible to do everything, approve it's done, this is

---

ATRT2 issues and receive feedback from Staff about items demanded this work for GAC that we have sent to Jennifer last week and then put the slide to the call. Can you change the slide, just to show the plan to the others Jennifer please, or Brenda?

Next slide. Just to see this is our week by week working plan. What we should complete in that week and what was next work expected. That is the plan. Now that it's approved, I will put it on the general Google Doc. Thank you.

PAT KANE:

Thank you, Vanda. Jennifer, you had your hand up.

JENNIFER BRYCE:

Thanks, Pat. Just to give some feedback to the GAC Working Party who have asked for these case studies, I wanted to let you know that the first case study that we should deliver either today or tomorrow and we want to just use that one as an example, if you could take a look at it and let us know that it covers all the items that you're expecting and then we'll proceed with the other case studies as well, so just to let you know that they're coming either today or tomorrow. Thank you.

PAT KANE:

Anybody else from the GAC Working Party? I see no hands, so let's move to Reviews, please.

---

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Daniel for the record, reporting on behalf of the Reviews Welcome team. Basically, right I wouldn't say that we have a lot of progress but at least we have some progress regarding to our work. During the next week should have at least comprehensive report to be able to give to the group. I'm also happy to share that regarding to the work that we have so far done, we've at least documented the questions that are coming from the accountability and from transparency review team report and recommendations. Just if you look at the Google Doc that I shared, I'm happy to share the link where possible.

Also, we are capturing some of the key questions that we have to ask different [inaudible] including the Board or maybe the Community as is highlighted in the document. Also, I'm happy to also share that so far there are two action points in the document that has been assigned to Staff, that is Negar and Jennifer, to be able to transfer some documents, which include the annual report that was reference in the ATRT2 Report, the publication of the ATRT Draft Report, which was on page 8 of the document.

Also, another document that will be required by the team will be on the confidential copy of the One World Trust report to the ATRT 2 that was published in the December. Apart from that, so far, I'm happy to say we've already started the scoping the documents from the review working party is going on quite well and hopefully we are going to be able to have at least a breakdown as we get ready to start the actually analysis of the work.

Also, in our Review Working Party document there are also some questions that are being highlighted or outlined, which require

---

members of the group to be able to discuss for progress review, so there is some work that is going on in the background. I also encourage the members of the review working party to always look at the document and there's something that needs to be done. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Thank you very much Daniel. Jennifer, you have your hand.

JENNIFER BRYCE: Sorry, you're probably all sick of hearing my voice today. Daniel, I heard that you had put a couple of requests in the Google Doc for Staff to deliver some materials and it's just a request to yourselves and to all the work parties, if you could explicitly pull out any requests and share via email or via Skype and we're tracking those on Wiki, it's just to make sure that we don't miss anything because we appreciate that these documents are always developing over time and we want to just make sure that we've got a clear record of all the requests. Thanks.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Thank you very much for that feedback, I'll be happy to share an email with the respectful documents that has the review process. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Thank you, Daniel, thank you, Jennifer. I would encourage us to use the Wiki, since we do have a central location, to put those requests in, so that we can see across team and also of course, be transparent as to

---

what we're requesting. Email, heads up that something is in the Wiki but let's try to keep it in a central location. Daniel.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Sorry, this going to be a question. Because the Google Doc, there are some documents that have been earmarked as confidential and those documents subjected to the areas that respectively saying, how are we going to be able to harmonize the documents that will be share regard to the request will be making? Thank you.

PAT KANE:

Great question Daniel. I would defer on that one to either Negar or to Jennifer.

JENNIFER BRYCE:

Thanks, this is Jennifer. I'll start and Negar can certainly add on if she has additional information. The information that's requested, if any of its confidential then we'll provide a note to the review team that the rational for it being confidential and any members who have not signed the NDA may have restricted access to that but in all cases, we'll try and work to provide the information as much as we can for people who have not signed the NDA pursuant to the confidential disclosure framework, which I believe was shared with everybody and we can certainly reshare that information as well. I don't know, Negar, if you have anything additional to add to that or if that was helpful. Thanks.

---

PAT KANE: Alright, thank you very much. Negar, if you're speaking, you're on mute.

NEGAR FARZINNIA: Thank you, Pat, I was, it happens to me all the time. Good morning, good afternoon everyone. Thank you, Jennifer, I see your comment covered it off pretty much. The idea is that if the review team is looking at information that is deemed confidential, which can be shared if an NDA is signed, what we will do is we will let the review team know that and ask its members that have not signed NDA's are able and or willing to sign and NDA, for those review teams members to not to do so, we have as Jennifer pointed out, the confidential disclosure framework.

What the process is going to be for sharing confidential information, to give you some examples of the process in the past and in other reviews we have occasions where confidential information needed to be discussed and for such discussions and members that have not signed an NDA were asked to either leave the room or the group that has signed NDA's had discussions at a private location, closed off so to speak. A summary of the conversation can be provided to the whole review team at a level that does not reveal the confidential information.

We will also always attempt to try to find a way to share information without divulging the confidential stuff in a way that would help the review team try to get the answers they're looking for. It's an intricate process, it will be valued on case by case basis. As the time comes up, we can have further discussions about this. I hope this provides some clarity and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

PAT KANE: Yes, Negar, that's very helpful, thank you very much. I see no hands and no questions. Anything else from the Reviews Team?

DANIEL NANGHAKA: I think we are clear at the moment. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Great, thank you, Daniel. Let's move to the Community Team.

ERICA VARLESE: For the Community Group, we haven't had much movement since our last meeting. We've been working on refining the scope document and a request from there. I know in the last meeting Michael had brought up some questions that he had about scope that we wanted to discuss within the group.

We've a little bit of conversation about that in the Google Doc and I think at this point, who's part of our work party, if you haven't looked at that yet, it would be great to go through and add any input that you might have, so we could finalize that and hopefully have something -- start being able to share the resource requests and everything like that so we can move forward on those. I think that's about it for us at that point. Maybe a little bit more of an action item internally. Michael, I don't know if you had anything else you wanted to add to though?

---

MICHAEL KARANICOLAS: Not a lot to add but I want to encourage folks check out the questions that have been asked in the discussion so we can hopefully get a little more engagement from other folks in the group on the issues so we can move towards finalizing. Please take a look and you're welcome to add your thoughts.

PAT KANE: Thank you, Erica, thank you, Michael. If we have nothing else in the Community Work Party, then let's move to Independent Review Process. Sebastien, do you have something there?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: I don't know why you are asking me about that. I thought that was co-chair duty to rule on that but I think it was done after the last meeting, there is no need to do at this meeting. Maybe I am wrong but I don't have any involvement in that specific job for the moment.

PAT KANE: My fault then, I pulled up the working document, it had your name next to it. Jennifer, you've got your hand up.

JENNIFER BRYCE: Thanks, Pat. This item we just added last week and I think it's because we don't want it to get lost, to make sure that we cover it each week. I really don't have an update, other than on the Wiki, we will be adding some background materials on this particular piece of information and I'll post the link there to the Skype. I know that there was an

outstanding action to I believe it was to you Pat, to set up a meeting presentation to the Review Team on this from David McCully, I know that that's currently outstanding and we haven't scheduled that yet and there maybe -- you may want to discuss when that would be useful to have that discussion. Thanks.

PAT KANE:

Thank you very much Jennifer. I think that the meeting that we're going have the review from David will be the first week of May, first full week, so that would be the week after next I believe. Thank you all for the updates from the work parties. The next agenda item that we have is engagement and outreach in Marrakesh and I think I saw Jennifer this morning or last night, that we've got a timeslot on Monday, where we would have people to come in to meet with us, is that correct?

JENNIFER BRYCE:

That was specifically a response from the At-Large in response to the independent invitations that had been sent out to all the SO's and AC's, so you're correct in that that invitation has come from At-Large for Monday. The other engagement session, which would be a catch all for any community member to come along has not yet confirmed, that will be confirmed this week hopefully, if not, early next week and we'll share that information with the team as soon as we have it, along with a hold invitation to your calendars to get it on there.

The other SO's and AC's, some of them gave us feedback that they're working to finalize their agendas at the moment, once we get confirmations from those groups, we will also send a calendar invites for

---

---

the separate meetings with the SO's and AC's. I believe some of the work parties have already begun to work on questions for those specific meetings and so I think during this call it might be helpful to determine exactly when we want to consolidate those questions. Thanks.

PAT KANE: Very good, thank you Jennifer. Just before we move on to the topic of the question itself, do we have any SO's or AC's that have said that they do not have time for us in Marrakesh, or everybody's still looking for time and is finalizing agendas?

JENNIFER BRYCE: We have not had anybody explicitly say no, they do not have time to meet with you all.

PAT KANE: Great, thank you very much. So, as far as the questions go, one of the things we need to talk about is, when do we want to send the questions to the SO's and AC's and then work backwards from there I would assume, as to when we want to finalize our questions as a team. Any thoughts about sending questions to the SO's and AC's from a timing standpoint before Marrakesh? My initial suggestion would be that we do it about the same time that we submit the document but that's just my thought. Adetola, your hand is up.

---

ADETOLA SOGBESAN: Good afternoon, good morning everybody. What I said earlier is, when we are meeting with the SO's and AC's, are we meeting them as work party team or we are meeting as a complete team? For example, we have to meet SO's and AC's, is it the community work party that we're meeting with them? Is the Board work party meeting with the Board? Is GAC work party meeting with the GAC? That was the question I wanted to ask. Thank you.

PAT KANE: My belief was that we were going to meet as the review team and then with each specific group that we would meet with, we'd have some lead questions coming from the work party members that would be there but the meeting itself would be the review team.

ADETOLA SOGBESAN: Thanks a lot.

PAT KANE: Maarten, your hand is up.

MAARTEN BOTTERMAN: Thanks. Just to say next to the SO's and AC's you may also think of questions to other review team or to the board.

PAT KANE: Sebastien, please go ahead.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: I fully agree with Maarten, we need to ask that to the NomCom if we have the possibility to have a discussion with them. It's maybe a lot of group to meet because SO/AC board review team and NomCom is a good chunk of people. I agree also with you that it must be as much as possible the full group of the ATRT3 meeting all the groups. Of course, if it can be prepared by the subgroup it will be group.

I suggest that also we ask them if they have any questions for us, like that it will be a bilateral discussion, not just a unilateral discussion, and I suggest that we take out the timeline, the last moment we can send any questions, I guess if my memory serve, it's two weeks prior to the meeting you can send a new document or anything else to be discussed during a specific activity. Therefore I agree with you, that it could be at the same time that we send do the board our objectives. At least it must be two weeks before the meetings. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Thank you very much, Sebastien. Do we want to go ahead and agree upon or not around a two week -- that we would target no later than two weeks prior to the first day of the Marrakesh meeting? If anybody objects -- Vanda says yes. If anybody objects, please select no. Great, what we'll take a look at, is to try to shoot for June 5<sup>th</sup>, to have our questions finalized in line with the submission of the terms of reference and then two weeks prior would be the drop dead for any additional questions.

---

Working back from that date of June 5<sup>th</sup>, what date do we want to have our questions that we're going to debate and finalize amongst ourselves for each of the SO's and AC's? We would want to have our group of questions or a set of questions done prior to that. Maybe it's two weeks, maybe it's three weeks, but sometime around the middle of May. Concerns, thoughts, questions on that?

Alright, I see none, so the meeting that we have in the middle May, Jennifer will you put on the workplan, that we would have our questions into the review team from each of the work parties, so that we can discuss and have final list or at least initial final list in line with June 5<sup>th</sup>?

JENNIFER BRYCE: Got it, thanks Pat.

PAT KANE: Great, thank you very much. Any questions about Marrakesh? Anything else that we need to add about Marrakesh, Jennifer or Negar?

JENNIFER BRYCE: Just from our side in terms of travel arrangements, if you haven't already booked your flights please make sure to do that and of course, let Staff know if you're having any difficulties with any of your arrangements and we'll happy to help. Thanks.

PAT KANE: Yes, Daniel.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: I sent my documents for Visa on arrival, but I haven't yet received feedback on whether they have received my documents are not. During the last ICANN meeting in Marrakesh I got my Visa on arrival and we don't have an embassy in Uganda. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Thank you, Daniel, noted. If nothing on the Marrakesh itself, let's move to the next item, tracking information requests. We talked about this briefly to where if we have information requests, try to put them in a central location but also let Staff know that we've got either through Skype of the email list that we've got something that we've got a request for but let's again, keep in a transparent area on the Wiki of what we do actually ask for. Negar, I see that you're unmuted, did you have something that you wanted to add?

NEGAR FARZINNIA: No Pat, just kept myself unmuted so I don't talk to mute again.

PAT KANE: Okay, great, thank you. Any questions on that, concerns, comments?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you. I start to be a little lost with Wiki, Google Docs, Skype and so on and so forth, can we have a recap with detail, easy to find to be sure that we will, we know all the documents we have, for example I

---

have put the request for documents into the Google Doc, I didn't start to use Wiki at all but if I need to I will. If we decide to do that, just if we can have recap that would be great. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Thank you very much, Sebastien. Yes, I'd Staff if we can consolidate the location to where we're going to put the document requests or the information requests and then post that back out to the review, to say that definitively all of our requests are in a specific and one location.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Just to say that it would be great if we can have, for example, the Google Doc for the subgroup, a Google Doc for this subgroup or it is already on Wiki page then give us the link of this Wiki page to be sure that we don't miss anything in all those documents. Thank you very much.

PAT KANE: Absolutely. We'll make certain that we've got one location and we'll identify either where it came from in that location so that we're aware of everything that we've got out for request. We good with that, Jennifer?

JENNIFER BRYCE: Yes, sounds good. Thanks.

---

PAT KANE: Thank you, very much. Alright, the next topic we've got is, input on future meetings. I know that we have a Doodle Pole for time availability starting the end of June or July, any update from Staff please.

JENNIFER BRYCE: Yes, that's correct, there's a Doodle Pole out and I appreciate that it's quite a lengthy Doodle Pole but the intent is that we fill this out one time and then we're able to plan the review teams meetings through the early 2020, so please just bear with us and fill that out when you get a chance to do so.

On the last meeting we shared the blackout dates and the IGF in Berlin was included in those blackout dates and we had a question from the review team as to whether or not there's a possibility to have a face to face meetings around that event, seeing as some of the review team members from what I understand, will already be there.

The meeting's team came back and provided us some information, basically to say that the chance being able to get space in or near the IGF event at this time is quite slim, ICANN doesn't typically contract space at the IGF but if the review team would like to meet pre or post IGF, then we can certainly see what the available options would be for nearby venues, with the note that IGF actually conflict with as US Thanksgiving holiday, I believe the 24<sup>th</sup> to 28<sup>th</sup> is the IGF dates were around that time. That's just a quite update on that and that may factor into the planning, obviously not asking for any kind of comment or decision on this call as to whether or not you want to meet around IGF

---

but perhaps the Doodle Pole will give us a bit more intelligence on availability.

Then, we've also got some information from the meetings team, from the travel team in fact, regarding how many review team members would required Visa's for each of the locations that we discussed where the ICANN offices and you can see that on the screen just now if you're actually looking on the Zoom meeting room, Istanbul requires the biggest number of Visa's from this particular review team we looked at each of your locations and Visa requirements and we'll share this information via email as well, it's just to give you a quick look at the Visa situation.

The meetings team are also providing cost estimates for these locations, so unfortunately we don't have that for discussion on this call but hopefully we'll be able to provide that information via email, so we'll provide the Visa requirements, the cost for each of these locations and hopefully we'll have an idea from the Doodle in terms of dates, so at the next team meetings we can discuss and make some decisions potentially around the next face to face meetings for the coming year. I know that's kind of an overview of information and quite a lot there but please let us know if you have any questions or anything else that we can help with to provide in terms of planning your next face to face meetings. Thanks.

PAT KANE:

Thank you, Jennifer. Michael, you have your hand up.

---

MICHAEL KARANICOLAS: Yeah, thanks. Just a couple of things. On the Doodle Pole I did want to mention that I personally am having some trouble with that just because I don't necessarily have that level of granularity about my scheduling this far in advance but that could be just because I'm starting a new position.

The main thing I wanted to raise was just in response to what said connected to the IGF, from what was just said, it sounded like ICANN had thought what we were asking for space at the IGF and reserving a space there for discussion and that was not my understanding of where we left the conversation.

I thought that what we were talking about was having space connected to the IGF or near the IGF, either a week before or a week after it ends, because there's going to be a bunch of us there, that that might be an opportunity as opposed to actually reserving space at the IGF itself because I understand space at IGF would be challenging but presumably a week later or a week earlier would be quite a bit easier. I'm not sure if there was some misunderstanding about what we were looking for or if I'm misunderstanding but I did want to flag that. Thanks.

JENNIFER BRYCE: I could respond, and thanks, Michael. I think that you're correct in that I probably was not clear but we understand that there will be a lot of people at IGF and so a meeting during that time would not be reasonable just for that reason by itself but if it's decided that you would like to meet around it, so as in before or after, then meetings

---

team will look at the venues around, near the IGF event itself. Does that make sense?

MICHAEL KARANICOLAS: I just wanted to ask specifically when you mentioned the chance of getting something were slim, what was that in reference too?

JENNIFER BRYCE: So, that was in reference to the IGF event. Actually, that's a good question because I'm looking at the information that the meetings team have provided and it's not actually clear from this whether it's during but it implies to me that they are looking at pre and post IGF per the request but we'll go back to them, clarify that and make sure it's clear that we're talking about before and after and not during. Thank you.

MICHAEL KARANICOLAS: Thanks very much because I could certainly understand why during the IGF it's very difficult to book other stuff because there's a huge wave of people that are in there but I don't follow personally, why it would be challenging to book it a week earlier or a week later based on logistical things but I'm also not in the event business.

PAT KANE: Thank you, Michael. We have a comment from one of our observers in the chat room, Jim Prendergast, that basically says, the German Government, who's hosting the IGF has said numerous times as part of the planning process, that there is plenty of meeting space at the venue.

---

I believe that Jim keeps up with what's going on with the MAG and IGF, it maybe something that we can take a look at as well, even though there will be a lot of people. Thank you very much for that Jim. Adetola.

ADETOLA SOGBESAN: My thinking is, I would have the display [inaudible] from Africa, myself and Daniel, that require Visa, I want to think even though we are not able to make the meeting, it looks from Visa perspective that face to face meeting in the US would be probably most favored. The next possible alternative would probably Brussels. The other thing I would like to ask is, do we have the average hours of travel of members to this location as well, so that we can check if Brussels is 20 hours average, US is 30 hours on the average, they we be able to gage which is better in terms of fatigue on the part of members travelling? Thanks a lot.

PAT KANE: We'll have Jennifer and then we'll go to Sebastien.

JENNIFER BRYCE: Sorry, that's an old hand.

PAT KANE: Sebastien, you're up.

---

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you very much. I would like that we take another metric than the one about time travel because it's not that good for Australia. But it's to take the idea of unboxing as much as possible numbers. I guess it's important that the one who are less participating can be onboard one time at least or more, therefore it's also important to check those people into account first, the one who are not able to go US, the one who are not participate not too much to this conference and so on and so forth. Regarding IGF, I have no problem if we can go there. I would suggest to go there after the meeting and not before because before we will have duties to prepare the IGF itself. If it's only on the before, so be it. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Thank you, Sebastien. I think we'll keep that in mind and it's a good suggestion. Anything else on future meetings Jennifer that we need to talk about?

JENNIFER BRYCE: I do not have anything else. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Thank you very much. Let's move on to the topic of next Wednesday, I know that ICANN offices are closed on May 1<sup>st</sup> and there are holidays in places around the globe and I know it's an off day for our support staff, do we want to go ahead and have a meeting next Wednesday or do we want to take one Wednesday off?

---

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: I think if we have the leadership team call on Monday, we'll be enough. I don't that we will have done so much things in the next week that we will need to absolutely have a meeting next meeting. Therefore, I suggest we defend the workers and they can stay in holidays. It's half a joke. Thank you.

PAT KANE: Thank you very much Sebastien. I'm seeing some positives in the chat right now for skipping Wednesday, unless I see any red no's in the participation room, we'll go ahead and declare that next Wednesday we will not meet but we will meet as the leadership team and the coordination group on Monday at our regular time. Very good, thank you. Last item, all other business, anything that anybody would like to bring up within the room, with the group today? I see no hands. Sebastien, I know that you're on the phone. Looks good. Alright, not seeing anything else...

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: I have just one question, in fact just remind me one thing, do we skip the first of May but we'll leave the time already set up for the other meetings, we skip one, we go to the next hours because if not, we will have to reorganize, well I will have to organize all my schedule and it will be worse. If we can just leave the rest like it is and just skip the first of May, if possible. Thank you very much.

---

PAT KANE:

Sebastien, thank you very much, that's a good point. We will keep the meetings as they are on the schedule today. Even though next week would have been a 1700 UTC, no it wouldn't be that it'd be later, it would be five o'clock, our evening meeting would be next week, we won't change the following week, so we will meet again the following week at 1100 at our next meeting which will be two weeks from today. Okay, any other business? Seeing none, Jennifer I will turn it back to you to confirm the action items coming out of today and decisions that we have reached.

JENNIFER BRYCE:

Great, thanks. Action items from today, the first one is for Staff to see what training is available for Skype and Google Docs and Zoom and attempt to schedule something for one of the Plenary sessions in the near future and the review team members in the meantime to think about specific concerns or questions and share those with Staff.

I am going to set up a separate Google Document for the Board and GAC working groups on request for those teams to work from. Staff to send consolidated email of links to Wiki pages and locations of all the documents and requests for information, to be clear to the team where everything is located. Staff is to clarify the comments from the meeting teams regarding the availability of space before or after the IGF and with the comment in mind from the observer regarding speaking to IGF secretariat about onsite space.

The decisions, the team agreed to prepare questions for SO'AC's, Board and any other review teams for discussion in mid-May for a June 5<sup>th</sup>

---

deadline for all final questions. The team agreed that the leadership team meeting this coming Monday will go ahead but the Wednesday 1<sup>st</sup> of May meeting will skip and the schedule will remain the same going forward.

Hopefully I captured everything but please let me know if I missed something or captured something incorrectly, I'd be happy to adjust. Thank you.

PAT KANE:

Jennifer, thank you very much, that reflects what I've collected here as well. Unless we have anything else for today, hands, voice, chat? Thank you all very much and we'll see you in two weeks.

**[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]**