

**Attendance:**

Becky Burr (Board)  
Carolina Caeiro  
Erika Mann  
Jacob Odame-Baiden  
Judith Hellerstein  
Julf Helsingius  
Maarten Botterman  
(Board)  
Marilyn Cade  
Maureen Hilyard  
Nathalie Coupet  
Rudi Daniel  
Stephen Deerhake  
Vanda Scartezini

**Audio Only:**

Sebastien Bachollet

**Apologies:**

Sylvia Cadena  
Mary Uduma  
John Levine  
Peter Vergote  
Ching Chiao  
Elliot Noss

**Staff:**

Emily Crane Pimentel  
Joke Braeken  
Lauren Allison  
Marika Konings  
Sally Costerton  
Samantha Eisner  
Xavier Calvez  
Andrea Glandon

**AC Chat:**

Andrea Glandon:Welcome to the CCWG New gTLD Auction Proceeds Meeting held on Wednesday, 27 March 2019 at 14:00 UTC.

Andrea Glandon:Wiki Agenda Page: <https://community.icann.org/x/kQ5lBg>

Vanda Scartezini:hi all - I got connection but in transit in airport so too noise but will be listen

Andrea Glandon:Welcome Vanda! Would you still like the operator to dial out to you?

Vanda Scartezini: knees to call me to save bate

Vanda Scartezini: batery

Vanda Scartezini:no need to call me thank you  
Erika Mann:Shall we test the tone Julie?  
Andrea Glandon:Thank you!  
Andrea Glandon:Hello Erika, yes we can test  
Erika Mann:Thank you Andrea ... apologies, I thought Julie was on the call!  
Andrea Glandon:You're welcome! No worries at all!  
Stephen Deerhake:Erika: Sumo! ;-)  
Marika Konings:Note that membership / participant / observer information can also be found here: <https://community.icann.org/x/FpjDAw>  
Judith Hellerstein:Hi All  
Erika Mann:Thank you Marika!  
Stephen Deerhake:FYI I have a weird clicking sound that comes and goes...  
Stephen Deerhake:Why Marilyn?  
Judith Hellerstein:@marilyn we do not have any observers on the call as they can never join  
Emily Crane Pimentel:Hi, i am on, i am with ICANN org staff -- on listen only  
Carolina Caeiro:Hi all  
Marika Konings:@Judith - we do not have you listed as a member of the CCWG but as a participant? Is this information correct?  
Marika Konings:As a reminder, each chartering organization was able to appoint up to 5 members, while anyone is able to sign up as a participant  
Jacob Odame-Baiden:hi all  
Carolina Caeiro:I am on Audio only today  
Stephen Deerhake:And what exactly was the point of the roll call again?  
Marilyn Cade:THANKS FOR THE QUESTION, Stephan. There has been a lower attendance from those who can vote and that creates a challenge as we need to make decisions.  
Stephen Deerhake:OK; this makes some sense then...  
Vanda Scartezini:I am only listen as I stated before  
Jacob Odame-Baiden:do participants vote?  
Carolina Caeiro:Good proposal Marika  
Becky Burr:and Board Liaisons  
Marilyn Cade:Actually, the appointed reps from the sending entities have to accept accountability. That was my point. Welcoming all voices of course! I was after all, a participant for a good part of our work but now I have to adhere to the CSG perspectives as their member.  
Erika Mann:@Stephen .. Sumo, yes!  
Marika Konings>Please note that there is no voting but if there is a need for a consensus call, only members are invited to participate in that.  
Jacob Odame-Baiden:good. understood!  
Marilyn Cade:It would be great if we could have had funding to have at least one face to face. I am so disappointed that some CCWGs did receive funding but this one did not and it has hampered our work, in my view.  
Marilyn Cade:I support that we have the working calls with some focus as identified, I was only noting that meeting Marrakech as a goal is a "reach".  
Marika Konings:It will be important to discuss how the goal of Marrakesh can be achieved - what adjustments need to be made to make this a realistic target?  
Judith Hellerstein:I support what maureen has said  
Erika Mann:I saw your comment Judith  
Joke Braeken:The ccNSO has also started scheduling the high level draft schedule for the ccNSO-relevant sessions for ICANN65

Stephen Deerhake:Yes, Erikca.

Vanda Scartezini:I support Marylin's

Carolina Caeiro:I support Erika's proposal. I am happy to participate in either additional or longer calls as needed.

Marilyn Cade:I think Marika is raising relevant questions. Are we agreeing to hold weekly calls, versus bi weekly? Or lengthen the calls? I chaired the Task Forces of Whois and Transfers -- 2 hour twice a week. That was grueling.

Marilyn Cade:BUT, we need to actually push to have people on the calls. email is not the positive way to actually progress the work, as we have found.

Marilyn Cade:The small work that I agreed to, with a few others, can be done but none of us actually showed up.

Stephen Deerhake:In my view essentially all WG's are running on volunteer fatigue...

Marilyn Cade:Two hours is probably the max. I will volunteer to check up with others on that topic, and in principle, we all decide who has the lead to deliver on any output.

Stephen Deerhake:Longer session to try to get over the hump makes sense to me.

Judith Hellerstein:Longer session makes sense to me. but think it should be 2 hours

Maureen Hilyard:I have checked that I'd like to hold a decent length of meeting so that we can get moving forward on this

Maureen Hilyard:I agree with Marilyn

Maureen Hilyard:Not more than 2 hours - agree

Vanda Scartezini:+1 Marilyn

Julf Helsingius:There is a limited amount of enthusiasm and dedication each of us can cough up - some of us are on death marches like the EPDP too...

Stephen Deerhake:Marilyn, I beg to defer: Volunteer fatigue is a real issue across the SO/AC's, but I think we need to push on as hard as we can and get this wrapped up.

Maureen Hilyard:Thank you Marika. So we have to locate the section in the initial report and then reword it according to the current thinking of the group. That sounds doable.

Marilyn Cade:I think the four volunteers can respond on that specific question, Marika. I'll send some examples where something simialar is in the ICANN budget but not fully funded, or not funded as requested by the community. We can do some examples and within the 4 vounteers and then asking for the full group to examine.

Maureen Hilyard:Agree Marilyn

Marika Konings:Great @Marilyn. I think you should have all the pieces to provide your respond, but do let me know if there is something missing or any other way in which staff can assist.

Marilyn Cade:I just need to send forward some examples for others to consider. I thought we could have a call but I think it is more productive to send out some examples and others can then respond

Vanda Scartezini:I believe is a good suggestion Marilyn

Marilyn Cade:lesson learned: always appoint the sacrificial lamb to take the lead! :- ) friendly comment intended.

Maureen Hilyard:Thank you for being the sacrificial lamb, Marilyn..

Marika Konings:This is the language that was proposed to be added by the ICANN Board: "As previously communicated, the Board will not be taking decisions on individual applications but will instead focus its consideration of the slate on whether the rules of the process were followed by the independent panel."

Marilyn Cade:I appreciated the Board language, Marika. Seemed appropriate to me.

Carolina Caeiro:I think it makes sense to add it, would go ahead

Maureen Hilyard:I felt the same about the statement, it was an appropriate safeguard as you say, Marika

Judith Hellerstein:I also agree with many of the things the board wrote in the statement  
Vanda Scartezini:clear statement  
Maureen Hilyard:We are still here Erika  
Stephen Deerhake:Still here!  
Julf Helsingius:still here  
Vanda Scartezini:I am still here  
Stephen Deerhake:Agreed. Leave the text as is.  
Julf Helsingius:fine with current text  
Maureen Hilyard:Fine with the text  
Vanda Scartezini:+1 ok for me  
Carolina Caeiro:I agree too, leave text as is  
Stephen Deerhake:Can we migrate to Zoom soon? (question to staff...)  
Marika Konings:@Stephen - I believe Zoom is being rolled out over the next couple of months so as soon as we are trained up and have an account, we should be able to make this switch, but I don't have a precise timeframe at this point in time.  
Judith Hellerstein:For anyone with connectivity issues on Adobe, please feel free to log them into the At Large Technology Task Force page, <https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Technology+Issues#At-LargeTechnologyIssues-ReportingAdobeConnectconnectivityissues> and we will be shure they are raised with the Meetings team and IT team  
Maureen Hilyard:I'd like to stick to the original proposal  
Carolina Caeiro:Nope, I support Erika's comment  
Vanda Scartezini:I am using Zoom in my company  
Marilyn Cade:Conflict of Interest - I have not found that the existing Col of ICANN for the community or staff or Board are sufficient for a grants distribution mechanism, but I think we agreed to do more examination.  
Vanda Scartezini:I can translate and send what is used here much more strong than ICANN's  
Samantha Eisner:@Marilyn, agreed, it woul dhave to be conflict of interest practice that is appropriate for that situation.  
Maureen Hilyard:I like Erika's suggestion for further investigation into an appropriate mechanism to define COI  
Maureen Hilyard:appropriate for grants distribution  
Marilyn Cade:Putting a recommendation into the Implementation Team works for me.  
Marilyn Cade:Happy to see something to respond to.  
Carolina Caeiro:I agree with the idea that the implementation team should take care of outlining in detail the provisions to avoid Col. Perhaps we can reinforce our reccommendation language, to say "Robust conflict of interest provisions must be developed and put in place \*\*\*at every phase of the process\*\*\*, regardless of which mechanism is ultimately selected.  
Carolina Caeiro:I think staff should propose drafting  
Maureen Hilyard:+1 Carolina  
Marilyn Cade:Support to Carolina's language.  
Marilyn Cade:I am cautious about inclusion and exclusion. Might I speak to this?  
Judith Hellerstein:@marilyn. I would think that would be described in their proposal and that there needs to be a mention of what they are doing  
Vanda Scartezini:I am in favor to focus on the content of the project not from where it come from  
Rudi Daniel:excuse my late entry  
Judith Hellerstein:so I would focus on the content of the project  
Maureen Hilyard:Perhaps the wording does need to be altered to not exclude deserving projects that may not be in what are considered underserved regions, etc

Judith Hellerstein:Yes I agree with maureen was saying

Julf Helsingius:I agree

Marilyn Cade:Support to Erika's comment about being open and inclusive and I'll look back at the language to date.

Carolina Caeiro:My read of the comment was different. The rec is about mechanism B (ICANN+external org). I think the fear is that an external org would not have a clear sense for what orgs are close to ICANN and supporting its mission?

Carolina Caeiro:Yes, to the previous comment

Marilyn Cade:That comment is related to the discussion about mechanisms, so not perhaps relevant to this point but good to reconsider.

Carolina Caeiro:Yes, it did

Carolina Caeiro:OK, let's move on to the next item

Marilyn Cade: 5. Carolina: are you referring to whether it is appropriate for ICANN Org or a constituent part regarding who is an underserved community? /in need of capacity building? Is this the area you are highlighting?

Marilyn Cade:We seem to have made some good progress on this call! And I recognize I made a commitment, so if you can just cut and paste that to me and the other three, we will then carry forward, assuming that we have a deliverable.

Stephen Deerhake:Thank you Erika. Safe travels.

Judith Hellerstein:Thanks all. Have a good call

Carolina Caeiro:Thanks all!

Maureen Hilyard:Thanks Erika and the auction team

Erika Mann:Thank you Stephen!