ANDREA GLANDON:

Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. Welcome to the ICANN 64 Planning Committee call held on Tuesday the 26th of February 2019 at 19:00 UTC.

On today's call, we have Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Daniel Nanghaka, Jonathan Zuck, and Maureen Hilyard. From staff, we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Gisella Gruber, and myself, Andrea Glandon on call management. I would like to remind everyone to please state your name before speaking for transcription purposes, and to please mute your phones and microphones when not speaking to avoid any background noise. Thank you, and over to you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Andrea. Right, okay, so this is just like a final check through the scheduling and the programs to make sure that we've got everything that we require. We're very fortunate to have Gisella keeping us on track.

So, Gisella, could you start on the schedule, please?

GISELLA GRUBER:

Thank you, Maureen. Sorry, I'm just getting the meetings up. So the main ICANN schedule has been posted. I don't think there are going to be any further at this stage, and we have sent our agenda then for translation, and earlier today, first thing this morning. So if there are any changes that [have to] be made from now on, we'll make sure to

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

put them in red on the agendas to make sure that we can update the translations when they come through.

So we can perhaps just go through day by day just to make sure that we're happy with everything we've got. At this stage, on the Saturday, we're all set. We've got the At-Large leadership development session and we've got our At-Large leadership prep for ICANN 64 session where we have León Sanchez, Finance, and Jonathan Zuck with his ICANN 64 talking points.

We're just going to wait before putting any – I know we mentioned it on the ALAC call earlier today whether we publish the ICANN 64 talking points, or I know that I'm going to need to probably send them around. Are we going to do a Google Doc? I didn't get the final on whether we're going to do a Google doc for that, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yeah. I wanted to check with Jonathan, of course, but it was really just to enable people to make some recommendations, they might want to add something or whatever. But as mentioned, I don't think we wanted to go public. These are our notes. [inaudible] So we're all on the same wavelength with regards to any discussion that we have that we're not going rogue on anything that's important [inaudible]. So I'm saying that, yes, I think we should actually just give them a chance to have a look at it and make some contribution in a way that Jonathan [can access it] to make the final talking points. Thank you.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Thank you, Maureen. So we'll display the talking points in the Adobe Connect room in Kobe on the Saturday afternoon, and then everyone will have a chance to, again, maybe if they haven't [inaudible] feedback on e-mail, they may do so in person.

On the Saturday evening, we've got the fellows social event. On the Sunday –

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Sorry, Gisella, just one thing.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Yes.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Sorry about that. I'd really like, if at all possible, to get the Google doc up before the Kobe meeting, because I think that we need to get them prepared over these talking points before Kobe so that when we're in Kobe, we're actually dealing with – they know exactly what it is that we need to be saying so that – and [thinking that] the Google doc will also give Jonathan a chance to finalize those talking points and that everybody has them before and can run off their own copies or whatever, with a few copies run off by the staff before we get to Kobe. That's my point. Thank you.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Yes. Heidi has her hand raised Heidi, please.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Thank you, Gisella. Yes, from yesterday's ALAC call, there was an action item that Evin is to create a Google doc that everyone who is going to be in Kobe can access. She should send it to them so they can comment on that Google doc. And then once we're in Kobe, when the final talking points are finished, we will prepare handouts to give to everyone in At-Large. Is that still what you'd like to do, Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Heidi. That was my understanding as well. So that's done. Thank you.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Sorry, I was mute.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Sorry, Gisella.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Thank you, Heidi. Thank you, Maureen. So we'll follow up on that action item definitely. Evening social events going on to Sunday, this is when we may need a little bit more input from Jonathan. We have Jonathan's session, policy workshop one and policy workshop two on Sunday morning. Very much looking forward to this new format. And Jonathan, you did send through the name of the guest you have invited. Do you have any further update on whether we require any calendar

invitations, whether you can maybe just give a little bit more background on who you've invited, just to make sure that we've got the tent card correctly printed.

JONATHAN ZUCK:

Sure. I reached out to Milton Mueller, actually, but he's not going to be there, so he's trying to identify somebody as a privacy hawk to include in that conversation. And I have Laureen Kapin coming to talk about law enforcement. And then I was probably just going to get Greg since he's already in the At-Large to talk about the IP perspective, and then kind of have an open discussion with those, the goal of which is actually just to get the issues aired so that the At-Large itself can reach a consensus on these issues on which we've been divided and therefore a little less effective.

The second workshop is on getting the kinds of applicants that we want and ensuring their success, and it could very well be that Cheryl could recommend somebody that's most engaged in the subsequent procedures group on applicant support and things like that. And I felt that more as a brainstorming discussion, because it keeps coming up that we're concerned about community priority evaluation, applicant support, etc. Both things that failed pretty miserably last time, and that was meant to be like an idea generation discussion.

And then the third talk that's on Wednesday, I've got the head of the Universal Acceptance Working Group, Don Hollander, to come and talk with us. And again, that's a brainstorming thing for people to understand it, but in that particular case, I wanted us to brainstorm on

how we might make use of all of our members in making some progress on universal acceptance through outreach. So that was an outreach issue as much as a policy type of session. That's what I had in mind for the three sessions.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Sounds good to me. Gisella?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Maureen, can I just hop in? Sorry, didn't put my hand up.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yes. Sure.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Thanks. Jonathan, thanks for that. I would note that we had a very active participation from a number of us on the cross-community working group that created the applicant support program last time, and more importantly, the committee that oversaw — hardly the overworked committee, but we didn't know that at the time that we put the committee together.

JONATHAN ZUCK:

Right.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

So even if we don't have some of those people in Kobe – and I would think you don't want the usual suspects, you don't want me, you don't want Tijani, you don't want those of us who are always sitting around the table. Avri was on it.

JONATHAN ZUCK:

Right.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Can I get staff to have a look at who was on it and who might be in Kobe? Because they'd be good to [seed] your primaries, knowing that II the rest of us will be sitting around anyway and it'll be impossible to shut us up and not get us to pop in our comments. But just for the look and feel of it, you know what I mean? So that's how I'd approach the applicant support thing.

The privacy question from SubPro, from our side, it's just the few – far too few – usual suspects again, but we could check. Let's see if we can find out whether someone like – well, I don't know, for example, is Robin going to be in Kobe? If she is, she could perhaps come to the [inaudible]. She's a longstanding person known in the privacy concerns issue.

But Kathy Kleiman comes to mind as well. Not so much for what we would normally expect from her, but when she was holding that leadership role in the public interest registry, there was that very strong line that PIR took in those days. So maybe a Kathy. If I had to choose between the two, I suspect probably we'd benefit from having Kathy on

a forum. But do you want me to reach out to her, or do you want to

reach out to her?

JONATHAN ZUCK: I can reach out to her. Yeah, I thought of Kathy too. Like I said, I reached

out to Milton for ideas, but ICANN reach out to Kathy directly because

she tends to make it to meetings.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Yeah. And I think that would be a dynamic interaction. You know what I

mean?

JONATHAN ZUCK: Right. I agree.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Okay. Thanks.

JONATHAN ZUCK: So yeah, what I was hoping for your help in is whoever was current in

the discussions on subsequent procedures with respect to applicant

support and community priority evaluations. Is there somebody that's

versed in what the thinking is in the group?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Well, the thinking in the group is that we have to do a whole lot better

job of it with advanced marketing and follow-up, etc. One of the

reasons that we dragged the work track leaders to the ALAC room for several meetings' worth of briefings on this, when we were developing things, was the overwhelming lack of – surprise, surprise – anyone from At-Large involved in the discussions. Alan and I are there, but there's more to it than that. But Tijani certainly did attend a couple of meetings. No one was actually rallying the cause as such, so we brought the work track from SubPro to ALAC so we could have at least groupthink come in and influence the final recommendations or the recommendations that went out to public comment.

So what I could do, if you want in addition to anybody who is in our own development aspects of the program, I could see who of the public comment review leads is going to be in Kobe, because that might make some sense for them to give the current lay of the land. So I'll get back to you which of the current – because we dropped from the work track alignment after the public comment and broke into three groups to review the public comments. So I'll just double check who's going to be there from that, if you like, and I'll get back to you later today.

JONATHAN ZUCK:

That'd be great. Thank you.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

No problem. Now I'll go on mute.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you for that conversation. It sounds really exciting. Can we continue, Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER:

Thank you. I'm jut getting to the right page. So we've done Sunday morning, then we have the board prep session over lunch. In the afternoon, we have Rinalia joining us, SSAC, followed by the GCSC. Now, we don't seem to have Olivier on the call. I know that he's following up for the agenda on that, and we have Keith Drazek joining us. I don't know if you wanted to add anything there, Cheryl.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Yeah, I do. First of all, Olivier is on the call, he's just not in the Adobe Connect room.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Oh, sorry.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

It's okay, no, it's just he joined early, as I did, so he probably would have missed the fact. He'll join the AC once he gets to actually have Wi-Fi as opposed to trying to stuff his dinner down during a meeting, which of course is what I did with the ALAC meeting last night. I am still concerned, very concerned about the questions for Keith. This is not an interaction between the GNSO and ALAC. It's not even an interaction between the GNSO council and ALAC. It's an interaction between the chair, new chair of the GNSO council, and ALAC.

And without significant modification, for example Holly's question will probably take about 14 seconds to answer, because it will be, "I'm not in a position to answer that." So we shall see.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thanks for this, Cheryl. And I know that, just as the other questions that we've got on our questions scrapbook thing, the Wiki that we've got at the moment, and I know you [inaudible]. And I certainly don't think that we should be using a question that is, as you say, going to get that kind of response and that we may not even need a question as such depending on what Keith wants to tell us anyway. But we should have one question as a backup.

[inaudible] as well that we're not getting any real response from the ALAC team as to what we need to – what is on top for them, and to ask the board or GNSO, considering all the work that we do with them or have done with them over the last while. No one seems to be interested in in them. So we are left with Marita and Holly, and just a small group of others who are just putting something out there. And I suspect too, just hoping that somebody [inaudible] we really should be asking something a little bit broader, little bit deeper.

So, I think it's a given that we certainly won't be using those, that suggestion, but we do need to have something up our sleeve in case there's a bit of a lull. And the ALAC decided they're not even going to ask questions on the day. But I'd rather have something prepared because I don't want someone coming up with something out of their field that is going to make us look a bit bad.

So yeah, we'll get something organized before then, but I definitely know where you're coming from. Yeah. And thank you to Jonathan for example, the questions that came up for the board, we just had nothing there and I really think that there's a lot of backgrounding in the questions as they're being presented, but it's great. Thank you very much. [inaudible]. Oh, we've got Olivier. Thank you. [Lovely.] It's all yours.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you very much, Maureen. Can you hear me?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

We sure can.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

You can? Well, you obviously can, because I'm not in London anymore and therefore the system works a lot better. Just a couple of points — and I'm going to do this in reverse order — first, you mentioned Jonathan's questions that he's shaped together for the board, and I absolutely have to — I think I have to find an opportunity at some point to congratulate them on this stuff. I was blown away when I saw that, and I thought, wow, that's exactly, I think, how we need to bring these questions to the board. So I'm really looking forward to that interaction.

It's been a long time since the last ALAC and board meeting that I was looking forward to, but this one I thought was really great, so kudos to you, Jonathan, for helping out on that and for shaping these in a way

which is going to be quite – I can see the way to bring it in, and it's really good. Anyway, that was the first thing.

Now, regarding the questions for Keith Drazek, Cheryl, I totally agree with you. This is always the problem that people don't seem to understand. The GNSO board chair cannot speak on behalf of the GNSO, cannot speak on behalf of the GNSO council, unless he – or she – has a specific set of answers and things that are predetermined before and all that. So the sort of questions we're asking here are just going to be like, "Well, sorry, you'll have to ask my councilors," and that's it. Or, "I'll get back to you."

But the thing though is, perhaps could we ask Keith to take us through some of the main issues which he thinks the council is going to have to grapple with? As in there is a schedule of forthcoming PDPs, of GNSO schedule work, and perhaps, could he report on the – what do they call it? Is it a meeting, or is it a retreat that they have in January? I don't know whether he can reflect on that, because that will have been the first one that he would have chaired, but it would be interesting to get his view and his reflections on that and which direction he'd like to take the GNSO, although I know it's very difficult because every chair has got a different style to do things. But I don't know, that's the kind of question that I would ask him [this way.] So that's the second point.

The third point, coming back to the start, is the session on GCSC, the Global Commission on Stability of Cyberspace. It came from a request from Wolfgang Kleinwachter who was looking for a venue for this discussion. It's a high-level panel which has some pretty good results for the time being. They had a really good session at the IGF in Paris,

they've got very good diplomatic relations with a number of governments and organizations, and they really wanted to do something with the ICANN venue in order to bring not only the ICANN audience into this but also bring their primary audience to understand ICANN better, therefore finding a way to get these people to come over to ICANN.

So I felt that it was maybe a good idea for them to be in an At-Large setting since we have quite an open community and we seem to be able – thanks to the wonderful work of Gisella, Maureen and everyone who's been involved with trying to find a slot for this – to have this discussion on the definition of the public core of the Internet and the noninterference with the public core.

And the public core has one part, because there's all the routing, there's all of the website, the content side, but there's also the whole DNS, the whole addressing side. And there is a significant section in that report from this global commission on the stability of cyberspace devoted to the DNS and to the Internet identifiers. So the idea is for them to have a presentation on this for the first half an hour, and then a full discussion back and forth between the participants that are there in the room, and some of the panel members that will be present.

And [inaudible] the panel members are leaving the next day, but in return, because they were invited to Japan also by the government of Japan, it appears that we will be invited to a cocktail on the same evening that will be arranged by the government of Japan. So I think it's good in many different ways, in different facets. It's probably good for the At-Large image and politically-wise, it puts us on the map, and there

are likely to be some high-level people there, both for Japan but also maybe board members and so on. So it's a sort of proper venue for that.

And to follow that immediately with then Keith Drazek coming in the room and taking that part, I think that hopefully will be a nice, smooth transition over. That's it. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Okay. Carrying on, Gisella. Thank you for these interventions, but Gisella has a track that we're going down.,

GISELLA GRUBER:

Thank you very much for that. So just with regards to the evening networking with the GCSC, I believe, Olivier, that we're waiting for the invitation, look to send the invitation through, and then either you or Maureen will be forwarding it to the ALAC or extended ICANN 64 At-Large travelers. I just want to make sure that I keep track of that, because it is on the first Sunday when we get there. I don't know if you've heard anything more. I think that I'm copied in on all the e-mails, so there hasn't been any further follow-up on that; correct?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Yes, Gisella. Thank you. There doesn't appear to have been any thread on this, but I think that the question was for us to let them know how many people we expected to have and whether we had a list of names or something for the people that would be invited. I'm not quite sure how that would work, whether we have to supply names or they have to just send us invitations and we deal with that. What would you

prefer? For GDPR issues, if we were to follow GDPR, I would say that probably, we would send the invitation to our own people where we can give them a number of people that are likely to attend. So they just have a number, but they can't get the details of the people there.

For security issues, I have no idea, but they might say, "Oh, no, we actually [inaudible]." But maybe we can follow up on that.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Perfect.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

The government [inaudible] list should normally have — I'd be very surprised if they didn't want to see the names. But anyway.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Moving on, update, [just had to do a] 15:55. So from [Luke,] who is dealing with this on the GCSC side, he has enclosed invitations for the GCSC and ALAC members, and it's hosted by the Japanese Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications. So they're asking us to share it with the ALAC members. I think we then just need to, A, confirm who's going, whether it's the ALAC members, liaisons, regional leaders, plus the ALT Plus, plus a few little members, or whether it's the At-Large 64 travelers list, and obviously, in any case, I think we'd include Justine. She's taking Javier's place. And then we usually put a few other people on the ICANN 64 travel list who are the usual suspects.

But who would like to send that out? Because they've just sent it this afternoon – Olivier, you were on copy – on the open consultation of the ICANN At-Large Advisory Committee and Global Commission on the Stability of Cyberspace at ICANN 64. The Japanese Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communication requests the pleasure of your company at the reception on Sunday 10 March, 17:45 to 19:00. [inaudible] room, Portopia Hotel. So it is at the hotel and it's at 17:45, so I think we'll probably get there by 18:00, bearing in mind that's the last session on Sunday, it's with the ccNSO, and in one of the e-mails, there was a little note saying that the ccNSO would like to end rather sooner than later on Sunday evening. So it may all just fit in very nicely.

So now that we've received the invitation, who would you like on this invitation list? Because then I can just tell [Luke] how many people it's been sent to and how they're going to be identified at the door of the reception. Maureen, Olivier?

ANDREA GLANDON:

We are dialing back to Olivier. It'll be just a moment.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Oh, sorry. I didn't -

ANDREA GLANDON:

No, that's okay, we're just trying to [inaudible] blank spot.

GISELLA GRUBER: [I was just checking the e-mail.]

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Just one –

MAUREEN HILYARD: As far as – yeah.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: While they're dialing back to [Olivier,] if we can – and I'd be [surprised,

as] I just put in chat, and especially [inaudible] anyway, we should be

able to wrap the ccNSO early enough. It is impolite to be late to a

function in Japan.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I would avoid that at all costs.

GISELLA GRUBER: Bearing in mind that we did tell them that our sessions end at 18:00, so

I'm not quite sure why they've put 17:45.

MAUREEN HILYARD: That's okay, I'll make sure that it does.

GISELLA GRUBER: And Maureen, the way it was put in the e-mail, the ccNSO will push

actually to end at 17:45. I think they've got another commitment.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, that's fine.

GISELLA GRUBER: And I will check on where this meeting room is, how far it is from our

meeting room. Olivier, please.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Gisella. And I had a question for Cheryl. Would

you think it would be worth that the whole ALAC and regional leaders

turn up as one block, if you want, so as to not just make it look like

we've just randomly arrived at X, Y, Z time but actually, it's X, Y, Z time,

but actually, it's a coordinated – we've just finished our meeting, let's all

go to the reception immediately afterwards. Or do you think it doesn't

bring anything into it?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I think going as a delegation with Maureen walking through the door

first, followed by her two vice chairs that were on the leadership team,

is absolutely appropriate. And if anybody can't keep up with us walking

from one part of the venue to the next, then they can slink in later and

hide around the corners as the curse they deserve to be treated as.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Perfect, then that's exactly how I saw it. So that's super.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. Great. Thank you. That sounds good.

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: May I also suggest that – because we're speaking about León Sanchez

here as well, that perhaps León joins Maureen in leading the charge?

MAUREEN HILYARD: I like that idea.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen, I'll add that. Just given that this is a little bit more formal than

At-Large is used to, which is great, should we add this to the lunchtime preps perhaps? Just so people are aware what is going on and why we're doing that. And then the second question is, is this something

that we should bring some gifts to? And if so, what level of gifts should $% \left(1\right) =\left(1\right) \left(1\right)$

there be?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Good question. I've got a couple of things booked. We'll to talk about that offline. That'll be good. I guess that, Olivier, it might actually help to find out what [Luke] and those guys are doing with regards to any gift giving. Are you still with us? Oh, yeah.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

I'm sorry, Maureen, you're asking me?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yeah, if you could find out – or if Gisella could find out from [Luke] if there is any gift exchange happening between the GSE and GCSC and the Japanese at the event.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Thanks very much for that. Yes, I'll inquire, and of course keep Gisella in copy. So we find out what we can do. I'm not sure whether there was going to be any idea of such formality, but as we know, Japan is all about Protocols, and we might as well capitalize on that. I see this as an opportunity rather than being some difficulty of some sort. So we have the luck of having someone like Cheryl who knows the protocols rather well, and so if I can certainly find out with [Luke] how that would work out, having such a moment, it would probably be very helpful for the image and so on, very much like the kind of tea ceremony and so on that we had over in Singapore, these sort of things.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

[inaudible].

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Alright. Thanks.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. Thank you, Olivier. Okay, this is the invitation. Right. Okay, that's

the normal [inaudible].

GISELLA GRUBER: So another question –

MAUREEN HILYARD: [inaudible] hoping that it's not too formal. Yes.

GISELLA GRUBER: Another question. Who's sending it to the ALAC? So I'll tell Luke

depending on who you're inviting that they are likely to be \boldsymbol{X} number of

people, that we will be coming straight from our meeting ending - let's

just put it at 17:45 from Topaz meeting room over to their meeting

room. So A, for people to get through the door, we need to find out

how they're going to be identified to be let through the door, and B, you

just need to tell me who's sending it and to whom, and I can just give

him the approximate number of people attending this event. And do we

put it on our Wiki page at the end as the reception? And again, by

invitation only to XYZ.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Okay. Who's sending it out, who's going? Can we just confirm exactly who's going? Cheryl?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Yes. Thanks. Look, you really need to decide exactly who's going, and they need to be forwarded the exact text that is on the screen, because all we're doing – and to be honest, I think it might be an action item on staff to limit that, to do that and to make sure it is clear in the header that this is not something that is then forwarded onto others. "This is your specific invitation, please make sure you have it on your phone with you to -" if we need to, because this is an invitation from the ministry, it's their [inaudible] we're the guests. And then it's your prep meeting at lunch time. We might just perhaps belabor the point that we are the guests at their function and we will follow their lead, but as the guests, you'll be taking us down - assuming I'm involved - as a small delegation as we close the meeting. So, you get up from your meeting and we all walk down. And if anyone doesn't want to go, they walk away, and that's fine too. But you do need to make sure that only those who have been sent the invitation then follow you down. And that's got to be made clear, both at lunch time, and as you wrap your session up. "Those of you who have been invited by the ministry to go to the small reception that is about to start, if you will all gather at the door now with me and follow León and I down, that would be excellent. Thank you." That type of wrap-up. Okay?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Sounds good.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Sorry, Maureen, just really quickly, just wondering — I've heard two things. I've heard that Gisella should send the invitation from the At-Large staff account, and then there was a suggestion that Maureen should send it given that, I believe, the invitation is coming from her. So just wondering which one should be due.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Who's sending?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Sorry?

GISELLA GRUBER:

Yes, sorry, I agree, Heidi, just who's sending? Because it's an official invitation by the Japanese Ministry of Internal Affairs to the ALAC. So I'm just thinking if Maureen sends it out, people would also pay attention to the fact that it's a little bit more than just come and grab a glass of wine.

It needs to be a little bit more organized leaving the meeting room, and of course, we can brief everyone on Sunday lunch time. But it's just to get the message across to exactly who's invited so that I can get that number to [Luke.]

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Okay.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Maureen has said ALAC and ALT Plus, and I think she's got "members?"

What do you mean by – with the question mark, members, you mean

regional leaders, or are you limiting it to your ALAC and -

MAUREEN HILYARD: No. ALT Plus. I meant the ALT Plus members, members of the ALAC and

ALT Plus.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: It should be ALT Plus members only. So if Mary Smith is accompanying

one of the regional leaders, Mary Smith doesn't get dragged along.

There are no plus ones on this invitation list.

MAUREEN HILYARD: No.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: That's important [inaudible]. That's fine. I think that's wise. But it's

something that needs to be made clear. It's not a, "Oh, honey, I'm going to this cocktail reception now. Do you three want to come?" Alright? It's

specific. It's a specified number of people.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Maureen, are you doing it now then, or what?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Well, I feel that – I know that a lot of official notifications do come from staff, and with respect to this, Olivier has been doing a lot of the liaising between them, and it has been mentioned that because – León and I will be leading the delegation and that the invitation should possibly, probably come from the Chair. That's my [inaudible]. Olivier.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Sounds like a plan.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Thanks very much, Maureen. I was going to comment on the people to be invited. Have we not had the selection by having just all supported travelers? Or does that include more than the ALAC and the ALT Plus? I thought the supported travelers list is our list; isn't it?

GISELLA GRUBER:

Correct. Well, they're 30 as it stands now, Justine just having replaced Javier. The only other people, we've got the liaisons, we've got Jonathan.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Well, I think that all of the people that are supported are entirely appropriate. I think Jonathan is entirely appropriate, I think Yrjö is

definitely entirely appropriate. I should think Cheryl, although

Australian, is still entirely appropriate as well. So, you know...

MAUREEN HILYARD: You're treading on dangerous ground there, Olivier.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yeah, I know.

MAUREEN HILYARD: That sounds reasonable to me. You're right. And it's still a specific

number.

GISELLA GRUBER: Yeah.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Because Jonathan and Daniel are already in the ALT Plus anyway as

members, so it's really just that Justine is replacing Javier, and that

sounds reasonable to me. Yes. That's a specific number. Great.

GISELLA GRUBER: 30. Perfect. In the bag.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Good. And Heidi, perhaps if you can just get some notes written down

to remind us of all the things that we've got to remember to raise at

that Sunday meeting. Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Well, yeah, so we have –

MAUREEN HILYARD: Olivier, [inaudible] your hand. You've [inaudible]. Okay, great. Thanks.

HEIDI ULLRICH: [Maureen, I have the] action item, and I think during the lunch, we can

prep for this a bit more.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Thank you so much.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you. Thanks, Maureen. I think you've given me the floor. Have

you?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, I have.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay. Thanks. Just one last thing with regards to who should send invitation to the people that will be invited. I definitely think it should be you, because this is not an announcement from ICANN or anything like that, its an announcement that you will be making to the troops. So my vote goes to you're the one that's going to lead this going there, and of course, you need to forward that invitation as well there. And of course, in the prep session, you'll have to let them know. I'm happy to say what the GCSC is about and so on and in support, but the invitations and all that stuff, all the formalities, once it gets going, it's going to have to be you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Okay. That's good. Happy to do that. Right, well, okay, [inaudible].

GISELLA GRUBER:

Thank you. And if everyone's in agreement, again, there may be reference just to the networking event, and again by invitation only. I think that people understand what that means.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Just [don't put the] networking event on our schedule.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Okay. No, not on the schedule.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

You specifically say it's a reception with the Ministry of Internal Affairs, JN Ministry Reception, and you make it, therefore, as dry and as boring as it can possibly sound, and that "by invitation only" word is essentially there.

GISELLA GRUBER:

I'll put it in bold just to make sure that it's not the little print right at the bottom that people can't read.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Yeah. And if I may, Maureen and Olivier, if either of you are asked to speak, probably as briefly as possible please, remember to be humble, thank them very much for the opportunity, say a few little words, but the most important thing that should come out of your mouth is recognition of our local host and the importance of having these interactions and how much you appreciate the effort that your At-Large structure leaders in Japan and etc. So it's an opportunity to recognize your local people above all else. Say nothing else if need be, but make sure you say that.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Great advice. Thank you. I'm making sure that Heidi makes note of all these things so that I don't forget. Thank you. Olivier?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you, Maureen. And Cheryl just touched on something, mentioning the local ALS, would it be also worth adding them to the list perhaps?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Only their leaders.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Yes, the leaders, we're not saying invite 100 people or something, but I'm saying the chair and vice chair, the representation that will be there will be part of – because I think that if they do take part in our meetings – and I remember, as we mentioned before, they are often in the room. It would probably be a faux pas if we were to say, "Oh, yeah, no, sorry, you're not invited to your own government's reception in your own country." I think it might not be very nice.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yeah. I can talk to [inaudible] a delegation of three people that we're meeting with with ISOC Japan, and they're the representatives of the ISOC chapter. He may already have an invitation from the ministry, but I will ask him whether it's appropriate if he comes with us or he's on the other side so to speak. But yes, I'll definitely raise it with him. Yeah. Okay.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Perfect. Thank you. Sorry, I've got – going on to Monday, we've got the opening ceremony, the outreach part one. I've put the agenda on the

Wiki page, and then we have Outreach part two. The joint At-Large and NPOC session, and then we have the – sorry, the auction proceeds, APAC space, cross-community session, next steps and ICANN's response to the GDPR, public forum and the gala. On the gala at Hotel Okura, there'll be shuttles running from the Portopia, etc., and all the details will be put there and the details are also on the main schedule. So that will just be completed.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Should we discuss the lunch in the outreach session?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Should I do that?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, please.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes. So there's been a slight change in the lunch during the ALAC-NCUC event. Everyone will be well fed. They'll be given sandwiches direct from the sandwich shops in the lobby. We'll be arranging with them to make a sufficient quantity for that, and we'll make sure that they have their drinks and their crisps and other things as well. Just wanted to let you know that. Thank you. [inaudible] to Tuesday? Olivier?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Olivier?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Thanks very much, Heidi. What was the alternative? I can't remember what the other arrangements were before. Was it the hotel [inaudible]?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yeah, there has been some discussion of a hot lunch, but I think just given the time and the logistics, it's going to be better if we just do a proper sandwich from the sandwich bar. So we'll have some staff that will be arranging that, and it'll all be delivered at the appropriate time.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay. So what will happen with the fellows? Are they going to step out, have their hot lunch and then come back, or are they also going to be on sandwiches for that day?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

I think we might need to come back to you on that one.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND:

Okay. It makes it more complicated, that's all. Thanks. I don't care either way, by the way, but it just make it more complicated. Thank you.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Thank you, Olivier. We'll get back to you on that one. Tuesday, we've got the outreach and engagement session followed by the RALO, GSE and regional partners workshop. We have both agendas set up here. I know [inaudible] people are believed to be confirmed for the second session, the regional partners workshop. Anyone wish to make any comments there?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Just a bit. Daniel's put up a Google doc, and we'll make sure that anyone who's been invited, your name is up on that list just to formalize things about who's actually going to be attending. I think Olivier's getting another name from CENTR. It's those sorts of things, we can just get the name on the list.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Perfect. Thank you. Then we have the At-Large regional leaders meeting. Satish will be sharing that. And in the afternoon, we'll have the giant board and GAC meeting which we always leave free, and then we have — last session of the day is the At-Large capacity building session led by Joanna and Alfredo who will be joining remotely. And that evening, we have the joint APAC and APRALO networking event, and you'll see that there has been an agenda put up, and that will be a short

introduction, short speeches and lots of networking during the cocktail time. Have I missed any questions there?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes –

GISELLA GRUBER:

Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes, sorry, Gisella. I'm noting that we're not seeing Göran and Cherine there. Did we agree that we were not going to add them to the agenda but we are inviting them to speak a little bit?

GISELLA GRUBER:

Heidi, the latest on that – unless Silvia would like to comment on that – was that Jia-Rong is inviting them, but I don't believe we'll be putting anything up there on the Wiki until they've been confirmed.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Okay.

SILVIA VIVANCO.

Hello. Yes, Gisella, that's the latest from Jia-Rong. He was going to try to get Göran to speak, but we are still waiting for him, and he's not [inaudible] on the agenda.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Okay. Let me reach out to him. I just want to know who's preparing the briefing documents. So I'll go ahead and do that. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

I just wanted to note that it's only an hour long, an hour and a quarter long event, and I know that Jia-Rong doesn't want lots of speeches, he just wants a couple of short speeches just to welcome people, to enable everyone to [have a chat] with people. So it's not a very long time that we're going to be spending in there, so I don't think that people are —

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yeah, Maureen, we're well aware of that, and we will be definitely telling them – Göran notoriously likes very short speeches, so I think he'll be fine with just saying just a few words, and the same with Cherine. So I think we're good. And I'll ask him if we can stay a little bit to actually do some networking as well.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Right. Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Thank you.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Perfect. Thank you very much for that. So, going on to Wednesday, we have the joint board and ALAC meeting in the morning. Questions are up on the screen. We'll then be going on to the GAC prep session, compliance session, and then we have the actual joint GAC and ALAC meeting, updated agenda, we have the joint AFRALO-AFRICANN meeting and the APRALO meeting running side by side. Again, agendas have been confirmed, we're just inviting all the guest speakers.

The At-Large leadership wrap-up, we've got Cherine and Göran joining us, and then the second part is with ICANN Communications, and then we have the last session of the day, which is Jonathan's third part of this policy workshop. Any further comments there?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yeah, Gisella, this is the week where Silvia and I need to prepare all of the briefing notes, and it is ICANN Org policy that we do that for when Göran and Cherine, etc. speak. If you could just give me one or two topics of what you would like to speak with him about, then I can go on my way and I will not be bothering you about it anymore. So if you could, again, just one or two approximate comments of what you'd like to discuss with Göran and Cherine on that Wednesday wrap-up. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Okay. [From anyone in the group? Okay, so much – they've got something.] Next.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Perfect. Sorry, that's it, and then we've got Thursday morning. Our last At-Large meeting which is just feedback on the 64 meeting and looking towards the ICANN 65 meeting. The rest of the day is cross-community sessions, ICANN 65 kickoff — that's again by invitation only — council meeting, the GNSO council meeting, board session on governance. As mentioned during ALAC call, we have the Q&A with ICANN execs that afternoon, public forum, public board meeting, and then the wrap-up cocktail. And that's the end of ICANN 64.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER:

Yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes, sorry, just one more item is the plan now for any kind of ALAC farewell cocktail, is that just now going to be planned at the closing cocktail? Or where is that, if at all, is that going to be happening? And thank you, Maureen. Go ahead, Gisella.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Heidi, I hadn't had the final yet on what kind of catering will be at the community wrap-up cocktail. It is from 7:00 to 8:00 PM bearing in mind that we start at 8:30 in the morning, and there's no real lunch plan that day. So by 8:00 PM, if people have had food, then it might be an option to move on to maybe the bar at the Portopia to have a closing drink,

farewell drink. However, if the food wasn't sufficient, I'm just thinking that people will be hungry, and to organize a dinner in Japan for 30 people might be a little bit challenging and on the dear side.

So as soon as I've heard back from Meetings team on what exactly they're going to be serving at the cocktail, we can maybe just take it from there to decide what you'd like to do.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

I agree. At the end of a long week, I don't think we need to go through all that. And I think just our own networking at the end over at the bar would be really good, be more appropriate just to wind down.

GISELLA GRUBER:

A wine-down. I like that.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

A wind-down. Yeah.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Well, a wine-down.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Sorry, Gisella, Maureen, perhaps we could just bring in a few local snacks at the end of the debrief and looking forward to Marrakech, just the last ten minutes or so just to thank everyone. Would that be appropriate?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay? Perfect, thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well, I guess hopefully people aren't rushing away as they did – I know

that you brought in food in Barcelona and hardly anyone touched it because they were all rushing away to catch planes straight after that meeting. But that was a morning meeting, and I don't know how many people are leaving straight after Thursday. So I think that they'll actually be staying for the final event anyway, so I think we'll be [okay.]

Someone's dying in the background there. Is there anything else?

GISELLA GRUBER: That's all from me. Thank you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you. Right, okay. Is this a 90-minute session?

GISELLA GRUBER: No.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Is it done? Have we done the time? I was going to mention APRALO

[inaudible].

GISELLA GRUBER: We can continue. Please do. We need to tie up everything.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes. The APRALO events we've already discussed anyway, and At-Large

questions to the board, we've actually discussed that and we're going to be speaking more about them at that session that we have. So if there's

nothing else, has anyone got any other questions or queries?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Well done. Thank you, everyone. I think it was superb.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay.

MAUREEN HILYARD: So yes, we have done a lot, and I think that's all credit to the work that

everyone – as Olivier said, there's been a lot of work that's gone into

this programming. I'm sure we'll make it work. But already, the time

that I thought I might be spending at the GNSO meetings and things like $\,$

that, there are other meetings that are creeping in so that I'm going to $% \left\{ 1\right\} =\left\{ 1\right\} =\left$

be away a lot at various places. So I hope people will excuse that [and

are] going to be there in my stead, but we've got to get the things right.

The session with the Japanese ministry, I think we've got to do that

right, and similarly with – because we've got so many people coming in to the various sessions, people that we don't normally have in our working sessions. It would be good if we made them welcome and that everybody will be talking to the ALAC, ensuring that there's a full attendance at everything that we're supposed to coordinate.

Okay, so right, let's go and get up to our days or nights, or wherever we are, and thank you very much for your [help today.] Bye.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Thank you.

JONATHAN ZUCK:

Thank you.

ANDREA GLANDON:

This concludes today's [inaudible]. Please remember to disconnect all lines and have a wonderful rest of your day.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]