

---

ANDREA GLANDON: We will now start the recording of today's conference call. Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. Welcome to the At-Large Technology Taskforce call held on Wednesday the 20th of February 2019 at 20:00 UTC.

On today's call, we have Adrian Schmidt, Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Abdulkarim Oloyede, Harold Arcos, Gordon Chillcott, Gunela Astbrink, Judith Hellerstein.

We have apologies from Justine Chew, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Glenn McKnight, Matthias Hudobnik, Alfredo Calderon, and Ricardo Holmquist.

From staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Evin Erdogdu, Mark Segall, and myself, Andrea Glandon on call management.

I would like to remind everyone to please state your name before speaking for transcription purposes, and to please keep your phones and microphones on mute when not speaking to avoid any background noise. Thank you, and over to you, Judith.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks so much for joining our call today. We will probably go back to our regular time as that seems to work better with other people, but glad we now have Gunela here who has not been able to make all the other times as they were not friendly to her time zone. But welcome anyway.

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

---

So, this is also going to follow on from the special purpose call we had a few weeks ago on the LACRALO translation tool, and so I want to turn over to Dev who's been working on this tool for a long time, and he's been spearheading this project. So, over to you, Dev.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thanks, Judith. Hello, everyone. So, just to give some background behind this, the LACRALO mailing list has a translation tool which translates e-mails from one list to another. There's been a long history with his tool, but I've posted the link for those who want to get a [deep] history.

But currently, what's happening is ICANN installed a new version of the tool which had some great improvements in fourth quarter 2017. Since then though, there's been two issues that's been discovered. The two issues that have [inaudible] been mentioned on the Wiki page, one, there are missing e-mails from one list to the next. What happens is that some e-mails are being silently dropped. When they post it to one list, they don't see it on the other list. This is creating a lot of issues as to – well, just creating a lot of confusion. In some cases, it's up to like 50 e-mails, and at one point, a month of missing e-mails.

The second question was identifying some of the error messages coming from the translation tool. This is a general and not a specific in helping users identify how to correct their [reading] of their e-mails to avoid the error.

Since the ALAC Technology Taskforce, there was a subsequent call on January 30th, and on that call with Mark and Laura, and with the

---

LACRALO leadership, and with the ICANN At-Large staff, Heidi and Silvia, we discussed the issues regarding the translation tool.

I proposed several solutions, and – well, I – and some of the solutions, we talked about [inaudible] using a special code or a phrase such as “--n” so that means that the tool will know immediately that it doesn’t need to continue parsing the entire e-mail and therefore doesn’t need to translate the entire e-mail.

Another option that could be used is a third-party tool from mailparser.io. What this service does is it allows you to parse e-mails into actual data from e-mails sent to the parser. It’s a very useful tool, and I can probably – if I can show my screen, I’ll just quickly show you how it works.

Amongst our discussions was, perhaps ICANN needs to just [weigh costing] and whether outsourcing to a third-party translation service that will just get the text and send it back. So not in other words, the maintainers of the tool is [inaudible] outsourcing to a third party.

So, Mark Segall from ICANN IT said that a new developer was coming in who’s studying the code, and hopefully, we’ll get an update from Mark on the latest news regarding this tool. So I’ve given, I think, a concise enough summary. I guess I can answer any clarifying questions, if there’s any.

Okay, well, I think I’ve summarized the key issues, so I guess back to you, Judith.

---

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thank you, Dev. So now I guess we'll go over to Mark for some updates on this. We did also put a mention of some of these issues in our At-Large comments that went to budget, and also a mention in the [inaudible] strategic plan in the two-year cycle by it opened us up to ideas that if the community knew more what was happening with IT issues and that there will be some budgetary concerns, if we had known earlier, then the community could have talked about some issues much earlier and not have a problem on prices. So that's sort of what I'll mention also, but over to you, Mark. Oh, before Mark goes on, Glen just put his hand up, so Glen, I want to go to you quickly before I go to Mark. Thank you. Glen?

GLEN MCKNIGHT: Judith, can you hear me?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yeah, we can hear you now. Thanks.

GLEN MCKNIGHT: I apologize. My button on my mic was pressed. I didn't realize it. Sorry about that. Very quickly, I think you make a very good point about the ABR funding and request. A framework years ago when we actually asked for some funding, that's how I think we got it. We didn't consider, we didn't go back and apply something again. And you know what? The community needs to step up and say these are the issues. As members of this committee, we assume what the issues are, but this is such a

---

glaring issue that the community – but I'd like to see more of the other communities if they have a similar problem as well.

But yeah, financially-wise, where there's a will, there's a way, and I think ICANN is committed to an multi-stakeholder model. If we can't get this right, what are we doing? We have to ask ourselves. We're not doing our job. Thanks.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Glenn, thanks so much for your comments. Mark, over to you.

MARK SEGAL: Hi. Can you hear me okay?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes. Thanks so much.

MARK SEGAL: So since we had that special purpose call, we were able to get our developer onboard, ramped up so to speak. He's still [digging around.] But the big thing was getting him the access he needed. We have GitHub repositories and all that kind of stuff that goes with the development. Over the last week, he's been trying to see if he can reproduce the problem where e-mail from the – doesn't show up in another list. So far, he hasn't been able to do that. So he's just really still in the investigation stage and trying to see what he can do to reproduce

---

the issue, and once he has that, then it becomes easier to actually do any kind of troubleshooting or corrective action.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thank you, Mark. Heidi, you have your hand up.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. Thank you, Judith. In terms of the funding, I think the difference between the previous ABR, additional budget request, and what ALAC has now submitted to the fiscal year 20 budget and operating plan comment is a Band-Aid fix versus a much bigger, broader solution to this issue.

So I think At-Large has done the right thing by submitting their comments to the fiscal year 20 budget versus putting in an additional budget request. And I think that as we go forward, we can perhaps raise this issue about the need for this, an effective translation tool, to the board even, and just stress the need for this. Thank you so much.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks so much, Heidi. Yeah, I do think we need to have – because this communication tool is going to be important, not only for LACRALO use, but also for other communities that have different languages. I know the AFRFALO is looking at it and others are looking at it. So I think that's also an interesting thing. Glen, is that an old hand or a new hand?

---

GLEN MCKNIGHT: It's a new hand, Judith. I want to respond to what Heidi was going to say. I think she's right. I don't disagree with her views, but I think some of the language that was in that response to the fiscal budget was somewhat muted. I think Dev is the best person to address that issue. I know he's got strong views on this. And I'm not putting words in his mouth, but he's more closer on the ground.

I'm not really involved with this. I hear about it, it's unfortunate, it's a problem, but I'm not impacted by it. I know Dev was articulating – I think there's two things here. One is his observations, and two, what was put in writing. So just for the record, Judith, I'm just saying that if Dev could just articulate very briefly above and beyond what the response was, for the record, I think it's important. But it's up to Dev if he wants to say anything. Back to you, Judith.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Glenn, thanks so much. Before we go to Dev, let me go to AK, because you had your hand up earlier, AK: Was your hand up and do you want to speak? If not, we'll go to Dev.

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: Hello, can you hear me?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yeah, AK. [inaudible].

---

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: Hello. Yeah. I was just about to say that the tool [was also made] for us to consider [inaudible] AFRALO, because of the French speakers. And you mentioned it while I lowered my hand.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thank you, AK. Next time you speak, if you could talk further away from the mic. We're getting too much interference. Thank you.

ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE: Okay.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Dev – Glen, could you put yourself on mute? Thank you. Dev, it's up to you.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thank you. So just to respond to AK, yes, AFRALO is a good example of other regions that could use this tool if it properly works. I'll just respond to Glen, and [it follows what] Heidi has mentioned. In the ALAC statement that went out regarding the draft FY20 operating plan and budget and five-year operating update, there was some text that referenced the issue of the translation and that myself and Maureen and others that worked on the document, on the statement [actually,] talked about.

So there is mention about issue of the translation [tool.] And thanks, Heidi, for quoting. So that's it, really. I guess my question, if we want to



---

go into it with Mark, have you looked at – and while your developer looks at starting to now delve into the code so to speak, have you started to look at the other options that I presented in terms of perhaps looking at mailparser.io, or has sort of investigation been done on that end? Thanks.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Thanks so much, Dev. Yes, Mark, if you could answer some of – Dev had worked with you a couple of suggestions to give you or the developers to try, and I'm wondering if they've had the chance to do any of that. Thank you.

MARK SEGALL:

No, not at this time. The team is purely focused on trying to fix the immediate issues that were identified. I think one of the things that we're looking at in my discussion with Heidi and with the product management team is we want to have a bit more of a strategic approach to how we're addressing this in the future, because we're also aware, like we were just mentioning here, that this is bigger than LACRALO. At some point, we're going to want something, and it may be bigger than a mailing list, for example. So we need to have those kind of discussions, and those just haven't started yet. I think the first thing is trying to make sure to fit them into our pipeline discussions so that it's something that gets the appropriate resource allocations and planning up front. So I would imagine those discussions will probably start as we get closer to the next iteration of the pipeline, which is July to

---

December is the next pipeline, but we start planning for that pipeline in the next couple months here.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Thanks so much, Mark. Although next couple months is not so short of a time, it does – the problems continue on the daily – in the LACRALO region, and it does hamper communications and efforts o engagements. So anything that you guys can do to help speed up that and help improve communications within that timeframe would be greatly appreciated, because although in your time frame, it's not too long, but in the communications and all the issues that have been happening, it's seen as a longer timeframe. So whatever you can do to speed that up would be greatly appreciated, I know, by the entire LACRALO region. And Dev, you have your hand up.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH:

Yes. As I've already said to Mark, if you have to have a follow-up call directly with the developer, I'm more than happy to schedule time for that. And if you want to deploy the tool for testing [inaudible] with this temporary mailing list like the new transbot EN and the new transbot ES mailing list as we did in the past. Installing the tool there and [inaudible] probably get answers, hopefully faster than – but by all means, let's do it.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Mark?

---

MARK SEGALL: Just want to make sure we're on the same page. When we're looking at alternative solutions, those are more long-range, but we do have the developer fully engaged and looking into the issues today, so we're aware of the urgency there and we're working to get that immediate issue resolved, especially that first one where e-mail is not making its way from list to list. It's more the long-term that we're not looking into right away.

And as for testing, yeah, he will use the new transbot. We also have an internal one that they've been using. If the community has bandwidth to help out and try doing tests on that new transbot e-mail and see if they can get the issue reproduced, that would definitely help in our troubleshooting efforts. But for the meantime, he's been trying to see what he can do to reproduce that issue in an internal test.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks so much, Mark. Dev, do you have any other issues on this? I know you all offered your assistance, and I know we have Adrian Schmidt who's our new member, he's also willing to be on the testing effort as well. So just let us know what we could help out. I know [Harold's] on the testing. We have a lot of people willing to be on the testing. So if you could make use of them on that. Dev, you have your hand up again.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Yeah. Just to say to Mark, don't hesitate. Deploy the testing tool and just say, "Hey, please help us test it." We'll do it. So don't hesitate. That's it.

---

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes. So thanks so much. So Mark, you already have several willing volunteers willing to help out in testing it, so that will be good. If anyone else has any comments on the LACRALO [inaudible], please let us know. If not, we will turn to the next item on the agenda, which again is Mark, but I [want to introduce this one –] it's about Confluence. So Dev and I have been working in looking at Confluence, and we noticed that there are certain features of Confluence that are not turned on in our current version, and we're also behind versions. And we would be interested in finding out, is there a particular reason why the collaboration portions of Confluence were not turned on, or is there something else that we can look at? Evin, I know, was investigating it, and maybe she has some answers. Evin, over to you.

EVIN ERDOGDU: Thanks, Judith. I just wanted to at least provide a quick update on one of the questions you have regarding turning on the community collaboration feature that's in the latest version of Confluence, 6.13. I followed up with IT, and they said that the main obstacle to this was that it was breaking some pages and some links. So they're investigating internally, and they're going to do some testing by this coming Monday and hopefully have an update for us on Tuesday. So stay tuned for that. Thanks.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks so much, Evin, for that update. Yes, we would – because I know the collaboration feature was also in the version we are in, 6.1, but I

---

was interested in finding out – and Mark, do you know when we're going to be updating our Confluence to the later version in that manner? And then I'll go to [inaudible]. Yeah, Mark, thanks.

MARK SEGALL:

Yes. So to add on to Evin's well-put comments there, the issue we were having, we were finding that documents – there was a bug within Confluence where documents were breaking their [inaudible] pages, so this caused a lot of manual cleanup that had to be done to try to relink pages. [inaudible] that's been addressed yet.

As for the rest of it, upgrading, one of the challenges we faced with the community Wiki is that over the years, a lot of various plugins were applied to the system, and each time we applied one of these plugins, when an upgrade would come up, either that manufacturer was slow on the draw to come up with an update to the plugin, or worse, the manufacturer went out of business and [inaudible] a plugin that's no longer supported. And ultimately, that causes a failure when we try to upgrade.

A lot of work's been done to try and get our arms wrapped around those various plugins, but that's the main holdup in trying to get updated. If it was up to our guys in operations team, they would be updating this thing the second a new update comes out, because obviously, that's security patches as well. So they're doing what they can to try and keep it on the most recent versions.

---

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks so much for that information about updating. I guess the question is, in our current version, if we don't update, what's the obstacle for turning on the collaboration tool, the current version, and just sticking with that? Because the current version – does the turning on the collaboration tool – I can't see how that would change anything, because we're not changing any version, and maybe Mark has some insight, or Evin has some insight into that.

MARK SEGALL: It's what's causing that bug. And just to make sure we're talking the same thing, when you say collaboration tool, you're talking about the collaborative authoring capability on Confluence?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yes.

MARK SEGALL: Yeah, turning on that feature caused that issue with linking attached files to pages, so that's the reason why it was turned off when we found there were hundreds of pages that there were problems that started occurring, and we just haven't turned it back on because as Evin stated, there's some testing that needs to be done to ensure that the last update that was applied actually fixed that bug.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks so much, Mark. That was really helpful, because we were not really – because we can understand that updating to new version

---

always causes bugs, but we couldn't figure out that actually turning on something that was already in our version would do that.

Evin, your hand up still? Is that new hand, old hand? Old hand. Okay. Glen.

GLEN MCKNIGHT:

Yeah. I want to put this in context to two things. One, we're talking collaboration, and if you recall, going back to the At-Large review, they criticized that we were the rearguard in terms of use of technology, basically claiming that all we do is use e-mail. Which was actually not true, but I think it's a mythology that's hard to break.

I think one of the collaborative tools we talked about was Slack and BlueJeans, other tools for collaboration. So I'm not sure where we're sitting on that, but I think we have an obligation as a TTF to actually talk about if we can't do the collaborative tools within Adobe, then we should have our plan B in place and then we need to go back and report on how we're moving the ALAC and At-Large along this continuing to become more than just e-mail. Thank you.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Thanks so much for that. I think [he] meant the collaboration in Confluence, because there are two issues that you're talking about there. We're talking about collaboration in Confluence which is we're using Google Docs for, and I know ICANN has opened up a Google Doc account, and so that's why they're allowing doing it in there, but you're talking about messages [and keep and moving] messages from our chat

---

in Adobe Connect in the chat pod to a continuous chat pod in other areas. That's a difference discussion. And I know that's been on our list with Mark for future calls. So we'll discuss that, we'll put that on the agenda for the next call. But that is an important issue that we always want to [inaudible]. We've been talking with Mark for a long time about that. So let's park that issue temporarily and then move on. Laura, you had your hand up.

LAURA BANGFORD:

Yeah, I just put my note in the comment box. I was just going to note on the collaboration, Glen, that you are speaking about. We are looking at a Slack pilot for collaboration for communities, and so that is something that is on our radar and we are looking into. Thank you.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Thanks so much. Yeah. Also, looking at – as you also have Zoom – and that runs a little bit into the next topic, Zoom has a feature that they have a chat [inaudible] their pods into a separate e-mail account, but that means that everyone has to sign up for a Zoom account, and I don't know whether you're looking into that when you're looking into Zoom, or are you looking into something else on that area? So there's a couple of questions on that. But I'll let Laura answer first, and then we'll go to [inaudible] and Dev on this who have their hands up.



---

LAURA BANGFORD: Hi. I don't think I have anything to add on the Zoom. I do see that's the next agenda point, so it might be more appropriate for Mark to take that item.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: And Mark? Do you know what I'm talking about when I say that? The chat tool in Zoom?

MARK SEGALL: Yeah. I do, but only on the surface. I know that Sarah is [inaudible] doing the primary research right now, the potential of Zoon. I know they had some – [we probably need to] get them on one of these conversations to get that first-hand answer. As of right now, I don't have a lot of information on what they've been doing, where they're at with that investigation. The last I heard was mostly around the financial aspects of it, and licensing. The technical implementation has been pretty much [dragging.]

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Okay. Thanks. So we'll get them on a future call on that. Actually, for others who are interested [inaudible] Zoom has a feature that if you have a Zoom account, chat offline so that you don't have to be on a Zoom call to be chatting. The Chat feature works like the Google or the Slack channels or other channels. It has an offline chat that continues, and that also could be something that could be looked at where the idea was that you have one solid channel that moves and that you could branch off discussions so we don't have the issues we have on Skype

---

that we lose ideas and you can't find them. And it's maybe another tool to look at and something that maybe people could be interested in. But we'll get someone else in the Zoom channel on there.

Dev, you had your hand up, and I know Glen did too, so I'll go over first to you, Dev.

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: Thanks, Judith. Well, actually, this would have been under Any Other Business, but since Glen and now Laura have talked about it, Slack. So right now, we're using [freetail] Slack, and I've posted the link to the Slack a person can read about, and here's the URL to join the Slack room.

Now, if you [are] looking to do a Slack pilot, I assume that means that it'll be the enterprise version, and therefore you'll be able to offer branded rooms, so to speak, for each of the ACs and SOs. Is there a timeline when this'll happen, or should we proceed with our deployment of trying to use the [freetail] Slack? That's my question. Is there a timeline? Because what we're looking to try to do –

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Mark, Laura, do you have an answer to this?

LAURA BANGFORD: Hi. [inaudible] it's going to take us a little bit of time to look at the enterprise [inaudible] version and figure out what features we would recommend to the community. I would recommend that you –have you

---

already done the free version, are you using it now? Maybe what I should do is take a look at your document before responding and get back to you on that offline, Dev.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks so much, Laura. Dev, you have your hand up. Is this new?

DEV ANAND TEELUCKSINGH: [inaudible] to respond to Laura. Yes, we are using the [freetail] Slack. We created this in 2014 when we had the ATLAS II summit in 2014. So we were cutting-edge early adopters of Slack when it first came out, but we haven't really been using it, and especially given the At-Large review, which highlighted several communication and collaboration challenges and difficulties, this is now where the TTF has been looking at group chat, and we recommended going with the freetail Slack in the interim simply because we can export our Slack conversations to any future tool that ICANN deploys, which would be [including] the enterprise version. Just to let everybody know that. Alright. That's it.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thanks so much, Dev. Mark?

MARK SEGALL: I just also wanted to clarify [inaudible] what Laura was stating about the investigation into an enterprise version. There's other aspects to it beyond the feature set. There's cost that needs to be understood, because once you go over a certain amount, even as a nonprofit, there's

---

going to be some cost, and there's also the governance of how the whole thing is going to be managed. So that's part of what this whole pilot that Laura referenced is supposed to help inform.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Thanks so much, Mark. Yes, we would love to hear more about the pilot, and if someone could brief us on those issues as well as the Zoom pilot, that would be great. And if anyone has other issues, I would love to hear about them. We will next go to Mark and we're wondering about when we'll have a new version of Adobe Connect out. And especially one that gets rid of Flash and uses HTML, and wondering when we will be transitioning to that. So Mark, going over to you for that answer.

MARK SEGALL:

I'll have to take this one offline as well. I've taken some notes for discussion with Sarah. I believe right now that anytime there's updates to Adobe Connect [they're probably] being taken into consideration along with the continuing investigation of Zoom, but that's just me providing perspective .so let me just have a discussion with Sarah and get some facts.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Yes. Thanks so much for that, because we're really interested in finding that out and then going forward and seeing what they are focusing on, because we still have a lot of mobile users who have issues, and then also, we lately have a lot of people who have problems with Adobe Connect, and that brings us again to the – we had wanted to create a

---

form, but we didn't get good response originally from Sarah because it was felt that a form would just add another layer onto her. But we would like something, some more easy ability in At-Large for when we have Adobe issues for them to be looked at or members can actually fill out a form that can be sent to staff that would tell them, oh, this is an issue, and here's the contact person, here's the name, here's the person, here's what time it happened, a little bit about the event, because that's still a problem. And I know in other constituencies, there's also a problem. So that's – maybe Mark, do you have any updates on that area and what can be done? Thanks.

MARK SEGALL:

Hi. I'm sorry, Judith, that last comment that you had there, I didn't quite catch what you were asking of me. I was jotting down my notes.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

This goes back to the idea of some easy way for members on Adobe Connect to actually have a form filled out that they could [send] Sarah or staff or your IT area all the issues they had that time with Adobe Connect. We tried to document them, but that's also not working because people don't exactly know where to document them.

We tried the idea of creating a simple form, but then it seems like that would be another thing that Sarah has to navigate through, and so it just would be something that may be easier for people in our constituencies and other constituencies to have something very easy that they could fill out and that could get your IT staff exact information they want, because telling staff and then staff following up and items

---

being missing because they don't know what to collect or what others – and so that's another issue there.

And also, Mark, a lot of people in the chat [inaudible] do we know – one of the things if you follow up with Sarah, and she has said before that voiceover was not working yet with Adobe Connect, and wondering whether in this new version that we're looking at, does voiceover work now? Because we found out a couple years ago that voiceover did not work, but maybe things have changed now and that voiceover works. Because many people are using that instead of the desktop, and I know Adobe works with accessibility on desktops with different screen readers, but it didn't work before with voiceover. Maybe you can [follow up] about that as well.

MARK SEGALL:

Absolutely. And I am aware of the discussion [on the forms.] [inaudible] said. I can follow up in my follow-up with Sarah, I'll ask her about that as well and see [where that one stands.] I know that one concern was understanding the requirements around the form. I'm trying to jog my memory on this, but I think there was a concern around – somebody was asking if this could be something that [could be] expanded beyond issues with Adobe Connect or being much more of a larger form. I know that was something she was concerned about, but again, I'll follow up with her and make sure that I'm getting the facts straight from her.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Yes, thanks, Mark, and also ask her about the voiceover for Adobe. Apple has the technology voiceover that allows – and Zoom works with

---

voiceover, but Adobe does not, and I know Sarah has said that it doesn't work with voiceover.

MARK SEGALL: Yes. Absolutely. I have that in my notes too.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Great. Yeah. Okay. Thanks so much. Gunela, over to you.

GUNELA ASTBRINK: Hello. Can you hear me now?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: We can hear you, Gunela.

GUNELA ASTBRINK: Yeah. Okay. Thanks, Judith. Apologies, I have not been able to attend a number of TTF meetings with the time differences. So, some of this may have already been discussed, but I've put a few things in the chat, and I know that a number of people on the call, particularly Judith and Glen and Dev are very well aware of accessibility issues for people with disability.

So as I said, some of this may already be touched upon, but Judith mentioned voiceover. Just to clarify for everyone, voiceover is a built-in tool within the Apple environment for people who are blind, vision impaired, to be able to read text on the screen using that particular

---

screen reading program with voice output to be able to then access all the content on a particular [inaudible] whatever.

But I think that anytime we're talking about a new version, we're talking about potential new tools, let's make sure we don't forget that a tool can have been accessible but with a new version, it might not be improved, it might be worsened. So again, that testing with a number of people with disability would make a real difference.

Certainly [inaudible] I know a few blind people who use this, and [I read that they're] happy with it. So let's just continue keeping that in mind as we talk about various tools. Thank you.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Thanks so much for those answers. Yes, we will always keep accessibility in mind and we always try to figure out and work with our IT staff on that. And I know they work hard to get that and to get the meetings [app] accessible, and we are told it is. So we just have to – until we know otherwise, until people tell us that the ICANN meeting app is not accessible – because [Josh] has said that he was told by the company that it is, so unless we're told otherwise, we always try to push for that. So if you find out that things are not accessible, please let us know because I know the IT staff wants [to let them know] because they had been told by others that it was. Mark, is that an old hand or a new one?

MARK SEGALL:

Sorry, that's an old one.



---

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Okay. Thanks so much. Mark, if you can provide any quick updates – we haven't had an update for a while on the information transparency project. So if you could give us a quick update on that, that would be very helpful, I think, for us.

MARK SEGALL: Happy to. That's one I don't have to defer. We've been working at this now for just over a year. The kickoff of the project was January of 2018. It's been primarily focused on the content aspects. I'll give a quick summary to make sure everybody's aware of what this project's about. It's primarily addressing the findability concerns with the content on ICANN.org, and actually in general, but ICANN.org is the first phase of this. At some point down the line, the idea is to bring in all of the web properties we have into this ITI framework.

So the work's been going on, the content audit was completed, so we're busy applying taxonomy to all the content on ICANN.org, making sure we add content ownership. From a technical perspective, we built up the architecture last year for what will be the new website, as well as the backend components which are equally important, not as visible to the community, which is the first ever document management system for ICANN. And we're starting to build up the new way of how we're going to be able to empower our end users and staff to be able to copy their own content and then ultimately push a button that [inaudible] it for publishing. You can still go through a workflow, make sure that all the appropriate people are doing it, and then it goes onto the website.] Outside of that, there work's been primarily around – we did blogs and announcements [at the start,] we've done [registry] agreements we're

---

just finishing up, there was some content migration work that we're wrapping up, and then next is going to be the legal content.

All this stuff that's going on, if you go to [feedback.icann.org](https://feedback.icann.org), which I'll type into the chat here, [feedback.icann.org](https://feedback.icann.org) is where you can see what's happening with the project. It should be fairly soon that we're going to be having a feedback period for the registry agreements, so looking forward to what comes out of that, and legal content will be after that. And then what I think the entire community wants to see shortly after that will be our public comments process and how that's being – potentially how we're going to change that. That one, I would look for probably mid-year [when you'll] start seeing something for feedback there. Any questions on ITI?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Mark, thanks so much for that quick overview. So, the question – I don't know if we have questions on that, but I know we do have of course a couple of quick questions on other issues. But I think people now know to go to look at [feedback.icann.org](https://feedback.icann.org). Is that a website or is that an e-mail address, or is there where they'll see what's been going on in ITI? Or is it just an e-mail address?

MARK SEGALL:

I just updated it so it's actually a link. It is a website.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Great. Thanks so much. We'll look at that and then people will comment on that. We have two issues. One other one we didn't mention when

---

we were doing the – it's not an Adobe issue, but apparently, several members have been talking about problems with Adigo, and they're getting a lot of dropped calls. I was wondering whether your office was aware of that. And then [Lutz] mentioned something on Adigo, when Brexit, if it ends up happening or not, whether that impact any of the dial outs that are in the UK or something else like that. And so I was hoping you could address that issue. Sarah said sometimes she gets five dropped calls during a single call.

MARK SEGALL:

I'm not familiar with this unfortunately. Let me take note of this. Just to make sure I understood correctly, you're saying that there's a recurring problem with dropped calls?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Sarah, you want to extrapolate more on that?

SARAH KIDEN:

Yes. So I don't know, it used to be better than this, but now I get a lot of challenges. Sometimes they dial out to me, and in two minutes, the call drops. So they keep trying different numbers so that they can get a stable number. I think there's a particular number that's usually better than the rest, but yes, it keeps dropping, which never used to happen in the past. Thank you.

---

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: And Daniel Nanghaka says, yes, the same thing. And he's now using the AC.

MARK SEGALL: I've taken note of that. I'll definitely follow up with the meetings technical team on this.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Yeah, because Mark, that's also another thing. if we had another type of form, people could be putting this stuff on the form and you guys could be – we could have a bullet, Adigo, Adobe Connect, something else. And then that way, you guys will have more information and exact information on how to get to it.

Glen, you've been waiting, I know, to go Any Other Business, because we all have a meeting starting in a few minutes. But Glen, quickly.

GLEN MCKNIGHT: Yeah. Let me just jump in quickly. We're having ATLAS, we're working on the program now. We're doing some breakout sessions. It'd be great to have a technology-focused one of the breakouts, because remember, we're working on leadership, collaboration, capacity building tools that we are talking about help the RALOs be effective to engage their community and nurture the technical people that help them do their job. So please, if you have some suggestions for some sessions, we're working on the program now. Thank you.

---

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: Thank you so much. Yes, and I know we're starting quickly with – thanks so much for everyone for your time. We have the consolidated policy call starting up in a minute, so we will all try [inaudible] meeting. But thanks so much for all your efforts on this, and all your work on the Technology Taskforce. So look forward to talking to you at our next meeting, and we'll set that up and we'll maybe go back to our regular time. But thanks so much [for it.] Anyone else?

Okay, well, thank you, and we'll see you all at the next meeting.

ANDREA GLANDON: Thank you. This concludes today's conference. Please remember to disconnect all lines and have a wonderful rest of your day.

**[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]**