

---

CLAUDIA RUIZ: We will now begin the official recording of this call. Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening, everyone. Welcome to the ICANN 64 Planning Committee Call on Tuesday the 12<sup>th</sup> of February 2019 at 18:00 UTC.

On the call today, we have Maureen Hilyard, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Daniel Nanghaka, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Jonathan Zuck, and John Laprise. We have received apologies from Humberto Carrasco. From staff, we have Gisella Gruber and myself, Claudia Ruiz, on call management.

Before we begin, I would like to remind everyone to please state their name before speaking for the transcription purposes, and to please mute your microphones when not speaking to prevent any background noise. Thank you, and I'll turn it over to you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you very much. Thank you, everyone, for coming today, the important people. Well, I'll just pass it over to Gisella so that she can actually start us on this journey through this session of sessions. Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you, Maureen. Sorry for the late posting. But I've put the latest version of the ICANN iScheduler on the Wiki page of this meeting, on today's date 16:18 UTC, so I just literally posted it just over an hour and a half ago. For the changes that I've picked up on so far, and before we go through to the day-to-day, is that I'm actually on Skype with Tanzania. That's why I'm umming and ahing. I'm just finding the

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

---

sessions. I've just had an update on the Q&A with ICANN executive team.

Now from what I can see, and if you scroll down ... I'm just checking what they've got on the ... Claudia, if you'd be so kind as to put up the iScheduler, please? You've got it on your screens maybe at home. If you scroll down to Thursday, you will now see that initially the Q&A was going to be Wednesday, not exactly conflicting with our ALAC session, but we would have had to run from one to other. But it conflicts with ccNSO and GAC session. Then there was talk of having it on Monday at the end of the public forum. I have literally just seen now that ICANN Q&A with executives will be on Thursday.

So as it stands, it will be ICANN board governance session from 13:30 to 14:45, followed by the Q&A with ICANN executives for an hour, 14:45 to 15:45, and we'll then have a quick 15-minute break to then have the public forum, the ICANN board meeting, and then we end the day and the ICANN 64 meeting with the wrap-up cocktail. Note this doesn't affect our schedule in any way. So as it stands now, not affecting our schedule at all. Maureen, would you like us to go on to the day-to-day sessions?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, please.

GISELLA GRUBER: And I have put it on this Skype chat – and I did also this mention last week – that the most important thing to achieve this week, and we have

until the end of the week, but please bear with me. Don't give it to me Friday night at 23:30 UTC because that would make it all weekend entering the names into the schedule. But what we need this weekend, or this week, is to have the session titles and descriptions, meaning that when people go onto the main ICANN schedule, which is going to be published next Monday the 18<sup>th</sup> of February, when they click on the day, they will see our session. So the session title is important. Up to now, it's mainly been over the weekend, the At-Large leadership working session part one, two, three, etc.

Also, if they click on that session, they will see the description. But this also allows people who are not very familiar with At-Large, or newbies, to come in to our sessions and to know what we will be talking about. Again, they will then be able to click on a link which will take them to the agenda. So the agenda is phase two, and they need to be completed by next week so that we can then send them off to translation and have them posted in time for Kobe. Claudia, if you'd be kind enough to just put on the screen page Saturday the 9<sup>th</sup> of March. We'll go through what we have up to now.

There we go. So Saturday the 9<sup>th</sup> of March, no major change there. We're going to be attending the GNSO sessions until the last session of the day, when we will be convening for the welcome of the ICANN 64 meeting, moderated by Maureen. Maureen, is there anything you wish to add at this stage? We've put a little bit of an agenda there. You will see in the ...? Hang on. That's not the [inaudible] that has come up. My apologies.

---

MAUREEN HILYARD: No, I haven't got anything else to add onto that one at this particular point.

GISELLA GRUBER: Lovely. Perfect. Thank you very much. Then we'll move on to Sunday. On Sunday, we have as it stands now, the first and second slots, 105 minutes, and then a 90-minute session for policy. Over lunch, we will have the board and GAC questions and the update on the ARIWG and ATLAS III. I'm hoping that's enough time because that's only a 60-minute session with lunch, which means that people will be up and down and getting their food.

There's been a slight change in the afternoon session. We'll now have Rinalia joining us from 13:30 to 14:30, followed by the SSAC, a coffee break, and then we have the GCSC session from 15:15 to 16:15. Olivier will be moderating that session. That will then be followed by Keith Drazek, GNSO Chair joining us. A reminder that, at that same time, we will have the joint APRALO, APAC and ISOC Japan meeting. That is a meeting that Maureen will be attending. And we end the day off with the joined ALAC and ccNSO meeting for one hour.

Now, Olivier, I see your hand raised. Also, to point out that there was an email earlier from Alex, which I know Olivier and Maureen were on copy, just to talk about the logistics of that session and also whether the cocktail that they would like to organize that evening. So I'll just turn it over to Olivier, please. Thank you.

---

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much, Gisella. I haven't got any further details regarding [Alex] [inaudible]. That being said, though, I do notice here a moderator. I thought I would just moderate the discussion with the Global Commission. I wasn't sure that I was going to moderate the discussion with Keith Drazek. I thought that was probably going to Maureen or any of her vice chairs.

MAUREEN HILYARD: No. I'll be back by then, hopefully.

GISELLA GRUBER: And I'll be there anyway so that's fine. Olivier. Sorry. I will adjust the agenda accordingly. I'll put for part one for Olivier Crépin-Leblond. Part two, we'll ... Listen, I just wanted to make sure that your name was on there for the GCSC session. Olivier, for the GCSC with that email from, I think it was Alec or from Luke, will you be responding with regards to the reception that they wish to hold that evening because I'm not sure who it's for and for how many people etc.?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks, Gisella. I concernly respond. I have no idea what they want to [stage], but we'll find out. But I guess they're going to deal with this. I think that they just want to invite as many people as they can, and the ALAC and regional leaders, anybody there, should be invited to it, especially since they will be coming to see us.

Now that being said, I did have one question regarding [Topaz], the room itself. I'm a little concerned about the room capacity because I

---

looked at it on the website, and it didn't look like such a large place. In fact, it looks like a very Japanese place, a bit tight, a bit small.

GISELLA GRUBER: Olivier, just to say that I'm in touch with meetings team to tell me how many people they can realistically get in there because we will be an approximate, let's say 50, and I saw that list was quite extensive, so I'm thinking that we need to be able to seat 100 people in there.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yeah. They said they were going to have about 30 on the list. I was looking at the list, and it looks as though there's 25-30 people max.

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes. Sorry. So yes, I'm just confirming with meetings team how many we can have comfortably seated in [Topaz]. I did actually respond that to the GCSC team to say, just because we're having Keith Drazek joining us afterwards, it would make more sense to be in our room. But that is providing that we can all be seated comfortably and not sitting like sardines.

So that's that day. I'll let Olivier and Maureen deal with the response to the reception that they wish to [stage] that evening. Also, with regards to the agenda, we'll be working on it and we will be updating the Wiki pages as and when we receive more information. Maureen, do you wish for maybe Jonathan to touch on the morning sessions, or for the agendas, or if there's anything already in the pipeline for that?

MAUREEN HILYARD: At the moment, I think that with the ccNSO, I'm just having conversations with Katrina about that to finalize the actual session topics, though I think that day looks okay. It's pretty basic.

GISELLA GRUBER: Perfect. Thank you, Maureen. If we then go onto Monday, where nothing much has changed there. We do have the joint At-Large and Outreach lunch now confirmed. So we'll be serving lunch. Olivier and the planning committee for that session will be sharing the agenda. Olivier, I just need to have a final on the title. I will be reaching out to the email thread to make sure that we have the title and the description. Then I'm told that the [Topaz] is 140 people. So hopefully that will be fine. Hopefully, we'll be able to accommodate everyone in that meeting room.

Then on Monday, we have again the joint At-Large and NPOC session. Maureen is dealing with that. Again, we need the title and the description of that session by this week. Then for the rest, I will remove the Q&A with the ICANN [execs] that evening. As I said, it's only just come in, so I wasn't 100% on that. I'll make sure that this page is updated. Any comments or questions for Monday? Thank you, Olivier, for the link to the [Topaz] room. I'll have a look at it just now.

Hearing no questions or comments for Monday, we'll swiftly move on to Tuesday. We have Tuesday morning, At-Large and Outreach and Engagement meeting, then we have the At-Large, RALOs and regional partners outreach and engagement planning meeting. Again, please

---

make sure that we get the correct titles in by the end of this week. Then we have the At-Large regional leaders meeting first slot in the afternoon with Satish Babu moderating that session. And the last session of the day is the At-Large capacity building session with Joanna in person and Alfredo remotely.

Maureen, I had a question there. You may have seen an email from Andrew coming in. Is this the session where Andrew [inaudible] [to liaise] directly with Joanna and Alfredo for him to come and do a presentation? And is the easiest way just to give Joanna, Andrew, and Brian Gutterman's email addresses? Will they just be coordinating directly? Because I'm a little lost [inaudible].

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes.

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Andrew's the RSSAC [inaudible]. So, yes, I did ask if Joanna and Alfredo could make contact with both of those people.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry. I'll add that action item afterwards. So we have gone through Tuesday. So for Tuesday, we end the day with the joint APAC and APRALO networking event. I'll confirm the title on that one. The catering



---

has been organized. We've got sponsorship from DotAsia and APNIC, and we have a call next week to discuss the program, so we'll update you as soon as we've had that call. Comments or questions?

So going on to Wednesday, we have the joint board and ALAC meeting. We need to provide the questions by Monday the 18<sup>th</sup> of February. We have Jamie Hedlund now from 9:45 to 10:15. We've confirmed him at that time. I still don't anything in from ... Sorry, Jamie Hedlund is 10:30 to 11:15, which I'll update on the Wiki page. It's just been confirmed. At this stage, I still don't have anything in from 9:45 to 10:15, which is the 30-minute slot directly after the joint board and ALAC meeting. We will be going through the board and GAC questions, as pointed out earlier, on Sunday during the lunch meeting.

In the afternoon, we've got the joint AFRALO and AfrICANN meeting, and this At-Large APRALO has now been confirmed. Again, this was only just confirmed today, so the two will be running in parallel. Then we have wrap-up part one and another At-Large leadership working session. So I don't know if there are any comments or questions on this page because the last session there is not GCSC. That again needs to be changed. I'm not sure what will be going in there. I believe the ... Sorry was this the ... Not the capacity building session. Maureen, is there anything that you have in mind to go in there?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

No. I think that the chopping and changing of the GCSC has just thrown things a bit. So we may need to relook at that one. Do we have another...? We just need to see if there's something that we've missed

---

out, or something that we've overlooked at the moment. I'll need to get back to you on that one.

GISELLA GRUBER: Daniel has raised his hand.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, Daniel?

DANIEL NANGHAKA: [inaudible] probably could have been a little bit absent-minded. Could you please confirm about the session for the Outreach and Engagement and [GSE]? Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sorry for the outreach and engagement ... What was that? Is that Jonathan's last session? Was that the one we've actually moved ... We moved him out of a slot and we ... Oh no, we've already got that one.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: No. I'm speaking about the workshop that we shall be having [inaudible] together with the [inaudible] and the different stakeholders, [whether] we shall be discussing collaborative [inaudible].

MAUREEN HILYARD: No. I think that we've already allocated three sessions for outreach and engagement at the moment, including the capacity building one. No, I

---

see we ... Jonathan's session is on Wednesday, so that's already done. We'll have to work on that one, but that's something that has come up as an extra. Okay. Sorry. I've got no answers at the moment.

GISELLA GRUBER: Jonathan had his hand raised.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Jonathan?

JONATHAN ZUCK: Oh, thanks. I was just going to ask what time on Wednesday did my session get moved to?

MAUREEN HILYARD: It's Wednesday, 5:00.

JONATHAN ZUCK: PM on Wednesday. Okay.

MAUREEN HILYARD: It's when I'm at the Auction Proceeds meeting. Sorry, Gisella. Where are we up to now?

GISELLA GRUBER: Are we all good then for Wednesday?

---

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, because the Wednesday one was the one that we had actually offered Jonathan – or that’s what I had on my schedule.

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay. Perfect. Okay, so from 5:00 to [6:30]. I’ve made the changes on the Wiki.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Great.

GISELLA GRUBER: Then we’ll go straight on to Thursday for the 8:30 to 10:15, the At-Large debriefing the next steps for ICANN 65. That is the only session that day for At-Large, and we will then go onto the main sessions. So that’s all from my end at this stage, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Right thank you. Yes. I think that, as Gisella mentioned, we need to get those titles just to make sure that they’re looking okay and see if people can get a good general idea of what the session is going to be about. I think too, for example, Jonathan, with your sessions, are they going to be on specific topics? I guess you're still organizing your speeches and anyone else before they are finalized, so we will just need to make sure that they are in place by ... Is it the 18<sup>th</sup>, Gisella?

---

JONATHAN ZUCK: I think she said Friday.

GISELLA GRUBER: No, Maureen. I need everything by Friday, but bearing in mind that I've still got to enter them into the system and the schedule is going live on Sunday. So I'm giving the Friday, but it needs to be in as soon as possible. Please don't wait until 23:00 UTC on Friday.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay.

GISELLA GRUBER: No, because I put them into the system, then the meetings team need to work on that to then get it live on Monday.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Yes. Actually, I'm just going to put universal acceptance on the Wednesday, and then I'm just trying to decide between the privacy and subsequent procedures discussions in the morning on Sunday, like which should go on which slot. So I'll figure it out by Thursday.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Are there any other questions or queries? I know that John Laprise and I will be looking at working on that now shortened version of the compliance program, so I'm sure we'll be able to put something together for that, and then I'll leave it to John.

---

Are there any other questions or queries from anyone about anything else? Jonathan, your hand is still up. Do you have another query? Ah, thank you. Nothing from anyone else? Joanna, are you okay with your session on the capacity building? We were just talking about you and that Gisella has contacts for you to actually have little chat with Andrew and Brian about their input. So you'll be able to have a little conversation and find out what it is that they're going to be talking about so that you can blend it all together with your capacity building strategy etc., etc.

So, Olivier, you're okay with your sessions, now there was another one added with the global commission?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Yeah. Absolutely happy with that. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Great. Thank you. So, really, we've all got homework to do. Unless there's anything else that's pressing, can we all get to it then? Is that okay? Jolly good. Gisella, if you don't have anything else, then I think that we should actually close the meeting and we'll get on with the work.

GISELLA GRUBER: Fantastic. Thank you, Maureen. Just to say that we'll schedule a call again for next week for 18:00 UTC. If people don't feel that they need the time, we can always cancel. But it would be useful to just continue

---

this for another couple of weeks to make sure that we're all on the same page. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Exactly. Especially when we've got titles and we start adding content. Just a reminder to us who are all leaders within our own little sections is that if we can get people to put some suggestions up there for some ... Remember that they are asking us for some advice on how to run their show, so if we can give them some suggestions about implementing their strategic plan, as well as looking into how they can develop better relationships with their ICANN partners. We also need some questions. Goran is going to come in and he want to know what questions that were asking and the usual, so we need to get some questions for him.

So the page is already set up, and someone is going to give us a link to that page. Do we access it through the ICANN 64, which is in the gateway section of our At-Large ICANN community page Wiki? So if we can get that done, that's additional homework for everybody. Okay? So that's all from me and everyone else, I guess. Thank you. Oh, hang on. Daniel's got something. Daniel?

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Thank you. One thing that we have already from Google Docs, whereby we've been able to write session titles, session descriptions, and some agenda. We [inaudible] have to just simply share them direct with you [inaudible] be able to access Google Docs. Thank you.

---

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes. Thank you. That's the sort of information that Gisella needs, exactly. Okay. That's it. Thank you. Bye.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Bye. Thank you.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Thank you all for joining the call. This meeting is now adjourned. Please remember to disconnect your lines. Thank you. Bye-bye, everyone.

**[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]**