
CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening, everyone. Welcome to the ALAC Subcommittee on Outreach and Engagement call on Wednesday, 20 February 2019, at 17:00 UTC.

On the call today, we have Daniel Nanghaka, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Vernatius Okwu Ezeama, Ali AlMeshal, Glenn McKnight, Natalia Filina, Hanan Khatib, Lilian Ivette De Luque, Yrjo Lansipuro, John Laprise, Ejekeme Egbuogu, Anne-Marie Jolly, Adrian Schmidt, Deborah Escalera, Joanna Kulesza, Ricardo Holmquist, Jana Priyatosh, Judith Hellerstein, and Aris Ignacio.

We have received apologies from Maureen Hilyard, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Robert Jacobi, Matthias Hudobnik, Fatimata Seye Sylla, Hadia Elminiawi, Marita Moll, Nkem Nweke, Sarah Kiden, Vanda Scartezini, Maritza Aguero, and Pastor Peters.

From staff today, we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Adam Peake, Evin Erdoğdu, and myself, Claudia Ruiz, on call management.

Before we begin, I would like to remind everyone to please state their name before speaking and to please mute your lines when you are not speaking to prevent any background noise. Thank you. And with this, I turn it over to you, Daniel.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Thank you very much for that interesting roll call. I would like to welcome everyone who is attending this call to this very interesting meeting. I think it's going to be a relatively short one since it is a

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

meeting that is about [inaudible] ourselves how ready we are for the ICANN 64 meeting in Kobe.

Having looked at the agenda, it's mainly about the different sessions or the different [inaudible] that are being organized by various stakeholders and already a lot of work has been done [and communication] has been reached out.

I'll just simply go straight to the first part of the Outreach and Engagement Strategy Version 2, which was [inaudible] shared at least to have been able to get some respective feedback regarding the strategy. I think we're going to send out this link [later to all welcome] the comments before we put it for approval to the ALAC about the respective strategy.

I also would like to mention the other respective communication strategy which is meant to be drafted but still [are] waiting for presentation from the communications team. Sorry to put Heidi on the spot right now. Heidi, is there any progress regarding to the communication strategy presentation? Heidi? Is Heidi on the call.

CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Yes, she is. Heidi, if you are speaking, you're on mute. It appears she has some audio issues. Can we get right back to her?

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

So probably when Heidi happens to get online, she will be able to at least update us. As you could have realized in the previous meetings, we

were meant to get at least an update or a presentation regarding [inaudible] communication.

Briefly, I'm going to ask Natalia who is on the call who made at least some interesting add-ins to the Outreach and Engagement Strategy document regarding to different respective engagements. Natalia, could you please briefly expound more on the additions that you made regarding the engagement strategy? Natalia, you have the floor.

NATALIA FILINA:

Okay. Hello, everyone. I would like to give a short summary of our previous discussion and proposals. So first, now we have to document that we are discussing [team] strategy. And as I said in my e-mail to all of you, we need to merge into [account] all of our comments from you and create a single strategy.

Second point, I propose to add a separate point. I recently discussed our possible joint work with [inaudible] and more partners as an additional idea and additional block in our strategy. [inaudible] that we can get after Kobe meeting with [inaudible], but I think maybe we can have it before.

I think this is a field of joint activities and mutual participation in outreach activities to promote and involve participants in our ranks because we need to think not just about the number but about quality of our members as companies and their expertise and contribution to our work.

Of course, I would like to say that we can use the [maybe] financial resources of [inaudible] support for scholarships for our participation. As Olivier said that, for example, NARALO if I don't [inaudible] have such experience, good experience. I think it's more realistic to talk about our [joint] education program and use our [ready-made] open process from our [inaudible] partners. Tijani and John, I think you can become [inaudible] part of our capacity building [work].

So I think we must add to our strategy much of our activities with [inaudible] and folks who can respond to every point there. I think we need to concentrate our actions, and I think much more details in our work can help us to go ahead. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Thank you very much, Natalia, about that. Let me just simply get back to the strategy. I will give the main aim of the strategy – sorry – the main mission statement is how can we be able to conduct outreach and engagement in the community which will drive effective policy development within At-Large and ICANN.

As you know, the core principle behind ICANN At-Large is coming up with appropriate policies that govern the end users, and that's where this whole strategy document comes in.

Just to go to the strategic objectives, the first objective is to facilitate and promote the knowledge [inaudible] participation in ICANN policy development processes and also to be able to enhance collaboration between the working groups, global stakeholder engagement team and

[their] respective staff, and then to [view] the collaboration with other constituencies with an aim of promoting the goals of the ICANN policies.

And then the last strategic objective is to enhance outreach and engagement [inaudible] to the relevant key metrics and [inaudible] indicators.

So if you look at these strategic objectives, they lie directly into the current work that is happening throughout, especially if you look at the [inaudible]. It's calling in for a lot of collaboration with the respective regional strategic partners, regional groups, just to mention.

And also part of this strategy, there is coming up with the communication strategic objective. Earlier on, I had asked Heidi to give us an update on whether the staff or the communication team is going to be ready to give us a presentation [inaudible] we've come up with an appropriate communication strategy. Heidi can probably update us on how far staff has gone with that. Heidi, you have the floor.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes, thank you very much, Daniel, and apologies. I didn't hear the question the first time around.

Right now, that session is scheduled for the Wrap Up 1, or the only wrap up on Wednesday. It's for 40 minutes. I'm still waiting to hear back about their confirmation, but I am hoping that by this time that they will be able to engage. They did say that they would like an informal session with you in Kobe. So I'm just confirming that this time is going to work for them, and then we'll go from there. Thank you very much.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Thank you very much, Heidi, for that update. I'm going to give also a brief about the different outreach and engagement sessions that will be happening in Kobe.

One of the most interesting sessions that I'm actually so much eager looking at is the session about the GSE and partners. Since Adam is on the call, I'm going to ask him to give us at least a brief update on this session. Adam, you have the floor.

HEIDI ULLRICH: So if I may, I'm not sure if Adam has audio.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: But just to let you know that we did speak with the GSE team, many of the regional vice presidents and Sally Costerton, last week and they are very aware of that. So they are looking forward to that. I think that they're looking a little bit more for information on what the session is going to be about. So perhaps a note to them would help. I know also that Ergys and perhaps Siranush, who is on the call, they will also be at that session just listening and looking forward to it as well. Thank you so much.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Okay, thank you very much.

ADAM PEAKE: Sorry.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Oh, hi, Adam. Please go ahead.

ADAM PEAKE: I thought this was going to be on the agenda later. Yeah, just to reiterate what Heidi has just said, all the regional VPs will be there, those that are in Kobe. There might be one missing. We're expecting Adiel from the OCTO team who is responsible for technical outreach – so the sort of OCTO equivalent of a regional VP – and a couple of others will be there. Patrick Jones who is one of the GSE directors and responsible for [and involved in] various aspects of outreach.

But, yes, as Heidi said, what they would like is some other than the agenda and some e-mails that we've exchanged with Maureen yourself, Daniel, just detail on what you expect of them while they're there and also that [inaudible] and give the introduction from GSE. So if you want to have a discussion now about what you expect from the VPs and what you'd like them to talk to you about, what you would like Sally to mention, then that would be helpful. [But] they're all going to attend [inaudible].

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Thank you very much, Adam, for that. One thing about this session is that [is] there to be more of a collaboration, more of how they're going to come up with their respective strategies and more of how they're going to be able to engage more or collaborate more with [RIRs], with the GSE staff, with all the different respective stakeholders that will be available.

Heidi, is that an old hand or a new hand.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Just a new hand. Very quickly, yesterday on the ICANN 64 prep call, Olivier made the point of rather than just the RIRs that they might also wish to invite other regional partners, for example, [inaudible] in Europe and others. So as we get confirmation that you are going to invite those, we'll be adding those to the agenda. Thank you very much.

ADAM PEAKE: Sorry I didn't put a hand up.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Yeah, Adam, please go ahead.

ADAM PEAKE: I also think it's quite important to recognize that we have with the heads of the RIRs, with possibly Peter Van Roste from CENTR, with all the regional VPs, you've got 15 or 20 [inaudible] senior staff taking 90 minutes with you. I think it would be excellent if you can really plan out

what you want from them. The meetings are busy for all these people and of course they want to attend and engagement is extremely important, ongoing, and it's a great initiative. But please be aware of the level of staff that are attending both from ICANN and from the other organizations. I think that it's important that we make sure this is a really worthwhile event for them because they're all very busy people who have traveled a long way and have four or five days to do a lot of work. So be grateful for that and [inaudible].

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Thank you very much, Adam, for that. One thing is that I think this is a very special session, and I think there is a lot of work that has gone in so far to make sure that this session is really great.

Let me proceed to the next item which is the capacity building session which is going to be held in Kobe. Joanna or Alfredo can briefly update us on what they're preparing for Kobe. [inaudible] the fact that they have been working a lot on their new capacity building strategy, and I think it's underway. Joanna, you have the floor.

JOANNA KULESZA:

I'm just going to be brief. Our agenda seems pretty straightforward. Little challenges, there are pretty much no challenges [as opposed to other sessions]. We hope for this to be informative, open, welcoming. The session has a very catchy name: Registrant 101 and RSSAC 101. It is on Tuesday almost at the end of the daily agenda right before the networking event. We are going to use that spot to advertise the

session. If you come join us, then you can go straight into the networking event.

We will have Brian Gutterman who is working with the registrant program. He's the manager of the registrant program. We've had Brian before. He visited the At-Large community during the last meeting. We are hoping to build on top of that session. He's going to come and join us for a 30-minute presentation, giving us the main issues and the challenges that registrants might be facing. Primarily, we are going to focus on the questions coming from our members. If there are any issues that they want to raise, this will be a good opportunity for them to talk to the head of the registrant program.

And then the other 30 minutes will be given to Andrew McConachie who is working for the RSSAC. So we will focus on security challenges. Again, the same format. Andrew will likely give us a brief update on what are the current issues that RSSAC is working on, what is the impact for users. And again, we will welcome questions coming from the users in terms of the practicalities of ensuring security.

We have reserved 20 minutes for Q&A. We hope for that to be the main element of that session. And we hope to be able to produce the takeaways from that session in a brief and easily digestible manner. We will provide the outcomes and hopefully we will be able to distribute them back to the community. And that's as brief as I can be. Over to you, Daniel. I'm happy to answer questions.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Thank you very much, Joanna, for that [quick] update. I think that is a very good session.

[inaudible] proceed to the next session that will be happening in Kobe which will be the NPOC and At-Large session that will be taking place. Is [Juan] on the call? Okay, since [Juan] isn't on the call, I can be able to give at least a brief update about this session.

One of the interesting things [is] that this is the first time that a joint session between the At-Large and NPOC will be happening. And the main aim is to be able to enhance collaboration with an aim to bridge the gap in the PDP processes, especially to engage more participation in the policy engagement and adoption between these two [inaudible] respective constituencies.

[inaudible] At-Large represents the voices of the end users, [inaudible] NPOC represents the voices of the nonprofit organizations. [inaudible] either way they all get to be affected by the various policies that are discussed and implemented by ICANN. So mainly the target group for this session is both new and existing members. Of course, newcomers. Also, to note the different NPOC and ALAC members who will be available. They will be able to see or identify different cutting edge ways of collaboration, especially [relating] to the policy development processes.

One of the things that they are going to be sharing, Maureen [inaudible] or John, [inaudible] sharing giving a presentation about ALAC and at the same time Joan, the chair for NPOC, will be working the members through what NPOC does and what NPOC is. And then from there, she

will have another interesting session whereby how can we be able to protect [your] data, a presentation from Raoul Plommer who is the vice chair for NPOC. And at the same time, we are going to be having another [inaudible] shall be having a session on the PDP process which will be given by Steve Chan whereby the members will be walked through the ICANN policy development process and the role of At-Large and NPOC in ICANN PDP whereby various questions will be asked by the participants who will be available in the room.

But the main outcome of this session will be the collaboration to educate members about NPOC and ALAC whereby they organize [inaudible] from getting around ICANN and the different various [inaudible]. So I think this is one of the very interesting sessions to watch out or to attend especially in Kobe. So in case you're there, please don't miss this session.

But before that, there is a session that has always been happening which is the NCUC/At-Large session. Is Olivier on the call who could update us briefly on how far he has gone with that? Olivier?

CLAUDIA RUIZ:

I'm sorry, Daniel, but Olivier is an apology for today.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

All right, that's fine. Is there any member who can be able to give us an update on that respective session, the NCUC/At-Large session?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Daniel?

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Yes please, Heidi, go ahead.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, just very briefly, that's again going to be on Monday. I'll go ahead and put the agenda in the chat in just a moment. There is going to be a lunch there during that session. We will be having, I believe, a joint lunch with the Fellows and the NextGen, so that will be a very good time to network with them. And I think that is it. I'll go ahead and put the agenda in. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Thank you very much, Heidi, for sharing that. John, you have your hand up. You have the floor.

JOHN LAPRISE: Thank you. I just wanted to speak to the previous point because I missed my opportunity. I am working with Maureen Hilyard and staff on the NPOC/At-Large session, and progress is being made. I'm going to [inaudible] and we will have everything tidied up and ready to go for Kobe. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Thank you very much, John. Before you can put your hand down, there is something interesting that you're doing on the session [inaudible]

plan for ICANN 64 with the [thought] that this is outreach and you will be reaching [inaudible] members [through] social media. Could you please walk us through what social media methodologies or strategies you're incorporating for [inaudible]? Because I know very well that there is a lot of innovation that is happening in the Social Media Working Group. Please go ahead.

JOHN LAPRISE:

Thank you. [I'm the] chair of the Social Media Working Group [here]. We're doing a couple of things. [inaudible] at ICANN 63. We will have working breakfasts before sessions on Saturday and Sunday. So if you are interested in participating and coordinating with other people who are at the meeting who are engaged in social media, please join us. We'll have [table tents] and you can sit and actually meet other people who are active on social media face-to-face.

Also, this year the [planning] group for ICANN 64 has included descriptive titles for all the sessions which will help greatly in sharing content on social media. So that's going to be a strong advantage.

And then we are coordinating strategy on site. We did a workshop for tips and tricks a few sessions ago online, and in one of our meetings we'll be doing another refresher on site.

And finally, we have [developed] leadership of the Social Media Working Group to the RALO level. So in each RALO, there are a number of leads for social media and they are responsible for taking charge of sharing content that is RALO specific. Evin who is on this call has a list of

those. You can contact here. And that list is also on the Social Media Working Group website, so you can contact those people.

So at this point, we just have to bang the drum loudly. So I invite all of you who are interested in social media to please go ahead and participate. And that's all I have. Thank you very much.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Thank you very much for that update, John. Yeah, at least the preparations are going all well. And that takes us to our next item [inaudible]. I'm going to give the floor to Ali. I think we are going to be discussing various promotional materials and brochures for ICANN 64. Ali or Heidi will be able to update us accordingly.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Hi, everyone. At-Large is going to actually have ability to be at two booths or tables. The first one will be the At-Large or APRALO table. I have been told that is right next to the ICANN booth. I'm going to go ahead and put in the sign-up sheet for the At-Large table. Now for the ICANN booth, I have been told by meetings team that there is a sign-up sheet for SOs and ACs. I've just reached out to the meetings team again for that sign-up sheet. I have not seen it yet. So you might want to coordinate some events when you're both at the ICANN booth and at the At-Large table.

There's that. Then for the booth materials, that is up to you. It's now probably too late to order anything in particular. I do have some pins still for At-Large. But again, I'm not sure if you wish to hand those out.

We have lots of brochures. We have the traditional large banners, and we are hoping to have all of the RALOs mini banners now there as well. So that will be just an abundance of banners for you. We will be bringing, like I said, brochures.

There was a question yesterday whether, Glenn, you were producing any of your mail cards for particular events. So that might be useful.

And in terms of booths, just going back to the booth materials, we heard that it might be useful to have like rice cakes or something to hand out. So staff can go ahead and get perhaps some rice cakes or little treats from Japan to hand out at the table if you'd like. So just let us know, and we will be happy to work with you. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Thank you very much, Heidi, on that update. I was thinking that when you mentioned something about the respective pins, an idea [tracked] my mind. Could we do something like probably a raffle at the booth whereby someone comes and registers [inaudible] then they could be handed over like probably a small pin or something? I think it would be good because previously we have had challenges of [inaudible] members coming up to register at the booth. And so I think this creates some opportunity to be able to track the number [of] our registrations at the booth. Previously [at least] we have been at the booth it was Glenn, I think it was him [inaudible], but I think [inaudible] a unique position for the booth being next to the ICANN booth. Could that be a good idea, Heidi? And if yes, how can we be able to move forward with

a good [inaudible] of the idea in Kobe [inaudible] time? Heidi, you have the floor.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yeah, so a couple of ideas. John Laprise, I recall that you had some thoughts about having a social media contest. So we could combine that perhaps. I mean, you do need to set some criteria, or the social media group would need to set some criteria for that. I know you're having another call prior to Kobe where you could do it there. I mean, we could maybe just have every day at lunch sort of the winner of the day for social media. I am going to be bringing some small gifts from Washington, DC. They're actually just little – the Japanese cherry blossoms. They were trees given [from] Japan to Washington, DC, so that's sort of a nice gift. So we could hand those out as well as other little gifts perhaps. We could definitely go ahead and do that.

But I would also like to – I wonder if we could have one person be in charge of gathering all of the sign-ups, anybody who puts their name down interested in At-Large. And that one person then could delegate the particular region where that person is from or just give it to staff. But it would be nice just to have either an online sheet or a hardcopy sheet of people who have indicated their interest in At-Large. Thank you so much.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Thank you very much, Heidi, for that. I think we can set that as an action point to come up with a respective sign-up sheet of interested parties at the booth. And then also another action point that I think is to discuss

[extensively] with John or the social media team how we can best work out activities at the booth. So then, John, would you want to collaborate on that? And also [inaudible] I also see Joanna's hand up. Joanna, please, you have the floor.

JOANNA KULESZA:

That is an accidental hand. I apologize. I don't know how that went up. It's going right down. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Ah, okay. That's fine. Okay, thank you very much. We have at least a yes from John for the collaboration. So probably, John, can we be able to organize a short call together with Heidi or respective staff to be able to plan this probably during the course of the week? That is probably the social media team together with the outreach and engagement team and any members who would be interested to be able to brainstorm on that. We could probably ask for volunteers who are available who can join that call. Is there any volunteer who would like to join the call to see how we can be able to plan out the booth? Just those who are willing to volunteer please I call upon them to suggest as the call still goes, as we still continue with our discussions and our preparations.

I'm going to ask Ali to be able to give us an update on the respective planning that has been going on for Kobe for outreach and engagement. Ali AlMeshal, you have the floor. Ali?

ALI ALMESHAL:

Thanks. The outreach and engagement overall arrangements for Kobe goes in two directions. One of them is to deal with the APRALO, [the team], to meet with the Japanese [ALS or the ISOC] [inaudible]. And the other part is to arrange [inaudible] outreach and engagement.

So we'll be having a closed meeting to do Japanese [inaudible] ISOC [inaudible] and the APRALO. And then there will be an event arranged in coordination with [inaudible] and APRALO to have [all] the community of Asia Pacific, we're going to have [inaudible] with them. It will be [inaudible].

The third [plan] is to [inaudible] [we have to talk about] [inaudible] [students] to the ICANN meeting. So, Daniel, I've got an update [inaudible] about the arrangement [inaudible]. [The students] will be coming to [inaudible] and they will be [inaudible] arranged with [.ASIA] from morning until evening [inaudible] and then there will be [inaudible] sessions [inaudible]. And from that [inaudible] sessions, there will be selected [inaudible] selected mentors to take [inaudible] the students for the whole week of ICANN. So they will join the newcomers day as well, and then it's up to the mentors [inaudible] they want to handle it. So this will be [inaudible] once the students have arrived and after [inaudible] sessions that will be conducted during that [inaudible].

So that's the whole plan that has been set. I guess that the most important part for us as an outreach and engagement subcommittee is then how would we want to [inaudible] maximize the students [inaudible] to the ICANN and show them how they can get the most

[inaudible]. [inaudible] other sessions there as well. That's all from me, Daniel, and back to you.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Thank you very much for that update. At least I'm happy that the students will be coming [in] because [I'll just simply] remind us of what happened approximately three years ago when we first had the [inaudible] in Marrakech whereby we had an outreach to go to the university nearby and we saw at least some interesting discussions coming in from the students. The students were able to ask interesting questions, and then we had key experts giving [awesome] answers in those respective sessions. And I believe it is going to be the same [inaudible] that is going to be happening.

Just reading the chat and seeing a message from Heidi that....

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Daniel, can I get in the queue?

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Yes, Glenn, please. Yes, please go ahead.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Okay, very quickly, Heidi mentioned about two mail cards for the NCUC/At-Large session. I produced two of them and I'm waiting for feedback from the community on which one they like. And that's meant

to be an e-card that we send out on Twitter as well as through out network. It's not going to be printed.

The other thing is I've tried to encourage people to sign up for the booth as well. Joanna I've already assigned, but many people are not signing up yet. So if people are on this call, I strongly suggest to join up. If you've never been a person at the booth, it's a great opportunity to meet other people and chat. Maureen is going to be pretty busy, so we can't lean on her. But there's a number of people that are very good at giving booth time.

Also, on the sign-up sheet, I created an online form after our experience at IGF [Paris] which is a paper-based form which had 131 names and it was really hard to read. So I created a digital form based on each of the RALOs. So I'll make sure I'll distribute that and if we can have a laptop, I already produced a set of pictures of the APRALO community. That's been sent at least three or four weeks ago with about 100-150 pictures, historical pictures of APRALO.

So that's my quick update on the phone, so I'm going to go back to mute. But before I do that, Daniel, do you have any questions for me?

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

I'm going to ask you to come back later on. Let me first read the comments in the chat.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Okay.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: [inaudible] Cheryl has reminded me that in Japan, gifts are given in comment, prizes are given in public. So the social media contest [we'll have Friday]. Okay, that's interesting. And then also, Glenn, I think there's a comment from Joanna who says [that are you still going for the web?] I think [inaudible] in Kobe [inaudible], yes.

So with that having Adam's hand up, Adam, you have the floor.

ADAM PEAKE: Thank you very much. I heard you mention universities which gives me an opportunity to give you a little bit of an update on that. There's hopefully going to be a – what is it? It's not an Internet governance school. It's being called a juku. Juku is a Japanese word for study or class or something, and hopefully it will be a one-day session on Saturday.

It's actually being organized by NetMission who some of you may know is a volunteer group of young people that the .ASIA foundation supports and they do work throughout the Asia Pacific region. So Global Stakeholder Engagement (GSE) is involved in the sense that we're trying to give them bits of advice because the APAC region, Jia Rong's team, work with NetMission at various times, but we're not organizing it in any particular way. So it's not an ICANN event per se.

And it will be held locally. It's a university research institute that teaches masters courses in international development and technology. And for that, there will be outreach to local universities.

So my question really having told you that this event is happening – and once there are details I'll forward it to you, but it's on the Saturday and will not be at the [inaudible] site – but anyway, talking about that, what events that you're organizing could I highlight to these people and to the universities that we're contacting about this event?

Obviously, the one that stands out would be the At-Large session you're holding with the NCUC because that would be the introductory session. But if there are any others that you would like to flag in particular as being of interest to newcomers, then please let me know which one would stand out as being the one that you would particularly like us to highlight for them. So thank you. Yeah, that's about it. Thanks.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Thank you very much, Adam, for that highlight. Previously, I happened to sneak into one of the sessions of the Fellows and the Newcomers, and it was being run by Siranush. I think also that would be a very interesting session. I don't know if Siranush is on the call. She can [inaudible] some of these newcomers could be welcomed into that session in case they would happen to be in Kobe. I think also that would be a session that would be good for them, the newcomers session. Oh, [inaudible] Siranush. Siranush, you have the floor. [inaudible] immediately put your hand up. That was automatic. Siranush?

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN:

Hi, can you hear me?

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Yes, we can hear you.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: Thank you. If I understand you properly, the question was about the newcomers day?

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Yes, that's right.

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: So the newcomers day will take place on Sunday from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. And Deborah and myself are managing the invitations. And the invitations have been sent to all SO/AC leaders. Now we are finalizing the agenda for the whole day. Each SO/AC representative will come and have a talk for ten minutes to introduce their community and to introduce the newcomers who will be mainly, at this stage at least, Fellows and NextGeners. But we are expecting other newcomers who will be in Kobe as well to introduce how they can engage into those respective SOs and ACs with the proper follow up potentially in place.

As for other participation of newcomers in different outreach session in Kobe, I am preparing currently the final agenda for Fellows in particular, and those outreach events including At-Large and NCUC outreach session on Monday for them to participate. So hopefully, we will have a chance to send newcomers to many of outreach sessions in Kobe. Though some of those are going in parallel. But at least we will try to manage in a way that those who are interested in a particular sector, they might come to those outreach events.

Happy to take any other questions.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Thank you very much, Siranush, for that update. I think also they would be very welcome for the At-Large/NPOC session. That's something that you could also probably recommend for them to come [inaudible] session. After the NCUC session [inaudible] with the NPOC session. So it will be very, very good if immediately after the NCUC they leave and then they meet up on the NPOC session. Adam, you have your hand up, and then Siranush?

SIRANUSH VARDANYAN: The outreach session At-Large and NPOC will be in the agenda as well, but there are some parallel sessions going at the same time with that outreach event. But I have encouraged at least those newcomers who are potentially interested in NPOC activities go there and be a part of this outreach event.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Thank you very much, Siranush, for that. Adam please, you have the floor.

ADAM PEAKE: Hello. Yeah, I just wanted to quickly follow up. Yes, of course, the newcomer session is one that will be flagged to these local students and others. And Siranush is here. Once we're organizing this, Siranush, I'll let you and Deborah know if there are specific interests to talk to the

Fellows or NextGen. But, yeah, Daniel, yes, thank you. I was thinking more of other sessions that you would like to highlight that we could tell these people to try and attend from the At-Large and sort of the sessions that the organizing that they would be particularly interested in. The session with the NPOC would be one.

But I was just thinking if there are any general sessions, whether it would be the capacity building session that Joanna mentioned earlier or any other. But I was thinking if you can flag them to me, then I can go and make sure I can look for the agendas and forward them. So just let me know. It's not something that is necessarily immediately, but as the agendas are developed then we can make sure that people hear of these specific plans.

Thank you. That was all. Cheers.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Daniel? If you're speaking, we cannot hear you.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Sorry. Daniel was put on mute, Heidi. Please, Heidi, you have the floor.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you very much. Just on the newcomers session, I just wanted to let you know that Maureen has been involved in this. She has asked [Liana] and Ali to represent At-Large. They have agreed. [And in] communication with staff, she has also agreed that we'll be working with them to produce just a few slides for that session and also to

coordinate ensuring that we're going to be having the brochures as well as business cards to hand out to people who might be interested and a list of the sessions that they may wish to attend if they're interested in At-Large. And that's why I was asking about the mail cards. But we might just put together a paper that has some of the key sessions that they may wish to attend. Thank you so much.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Thank you very much, Heidi, for that update. Let me proceed to the next item on the agenda which is the At-Large booth. We know Glenn has been so much managing the booth so well and that we have at least had some little bit of insights about the booth. Probably Glenn can give us a more detailed [inaudible] the booth. Thank you. Glenn, [inaudible]. Is Glenn there? Okay, we can't hear Glenn.

CLAUDIA RUIZ:

His line is [lighting up] but maybe he doesn't know that he was asked a question.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Yeah, because according to the agenda, Glenn was to provide an update on the booth. And then also, we need to know how far we have gone with the respective booth materials and then some banners were ordered. I think [inaudible] the table banners or something? [inaudible] they are ready or not? [inaudible], is that an old hand?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yeah, it is an old hand, but I was about to raise it again. Just on the booth, I believe I gave an update on the booth in terms of the banners, the mini banners. And I also posted the sign-up sheet. So all we're waiting for really is the sign-up sheet for the actual ICANN booth, and we'll get that as soon as possible. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Okay. All right, thank you very much for that. One of the things that came up into the chat was the update of the [inaudible] stakeholder [inaudible]. That is coming in to our next item on the agenda which is any other business. Can I kindly request [Dev] to update us on how the [inaudible] stakeholder [inaudible] is going on? Because previously at least I know there were some areas that were [inaudible] in the data that were being pulled in from I think [the site] and being incorporated into the stakeholder [tool]. [Dev], if you're on the call, please kindly give us [inaudible] relating to the stakeholder [tool]. [Dev]? Okay, I don't think I can hear anything from [Dev]. Probably mic is on mute or I don't know.

In case there is nothing that is coming from [Dev], is there any other business that anyone would wish to bring forward for discussion? As I'm not seeing anyone's hand up regarding to any other business, so let me end the call. And I'd like to wish you all safe travels to Kobe and wish you a lovely [week]. I'd also like to [thank] our respective interpreters on the call, and I'd also like to thank all the staff who have been on the call and for all their respective support. And see you all in Kobe. Thank you very much. Have a lovely evening, good morning, and good afternoon.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]