
YESIM NAZLAR: Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to everyone. Welcome to the ICANN 64 Planning Committee call taking place on Tuesday, 29 January 2019, at 16:00 UTC.

On our call today, we have Maureen Hilyard, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Daniel Nanghaka, Alberto Soto, and Marita Moll. We have received apologies from Olivier Crépin-Leblond.

From staff, we have Heidi Ullrich, Gisella Gruber, and myself, Yesim Nazlar, and I will be managing today's call.

[A kind] reminder before we start, please don't forget to state your name before speaking for the transcription purposes. And over to you, Maureen. Thank you very much.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Yesim. Am I coming through clearly? Because you're a bit scratchy, and I'm just wondering if it's me.

YESIM NAZLAR: [Yeah, it's my line. Sorry. I'm muting.]

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, right. Now looking at – Gisella, did you get any confirmation on that Q&A session? The ICANN org Q&A session that's conflicting with the Compliance thing on Wednesday? Still nothing?

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

GISELLA GRUBER: Maureen, there's still no confirmation. We're trying to find out whether it's going to move or not, and Tanzania is checking up on that.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. [Yrjö] I did [inaudible] today. He's quite happy for you and his staff to make that change if need be.

Okay, so moving on, the draft schedule. It would be yours, Gisella.

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you, Maureen. This is Gisella for the record. Just to say that what we are going to display is not yet open to the public, so if you could please just not share it for now. [The] iScheduler has become available. Note that all the meetings are not yet on here. Many, if not all, of the board meetings with the various groups are not on the iScheduler.

Oh, sorry. I'm actually – sorry, that's me. If we could, Yesim, please have the iScheduler up, which is the one with my annotations on it. Thank you very much. Apologies for the confusion.

So iScheduler [is an] internal document where as we submit the meeting forms, they all get put into the system and we're able to already look whether there are any potential conflicts with our meetings. But [they're] not yet closed as other groups are still submitting meetings and I have to submit the ALAC and board meeting today. [inaudible] the board ops team did that.

So, again, this is just a draft. Nothing to hold anyone on, but I thought it would be useful just to run through what we've already put on the iScheduler. If you all have scrolling rights, we can just go straight through to Saturday.

On Saturday, as is pointed out, we've got the GNSO sessions. We'll be attending the first two in the morning. Then we have the development session over lunch. Note that the second development session will be pink as well, which means it's a closed session and not published on the ICANN schedule.

The second afternoon session is at the same time as the subsequent procedures, so most all – we'll be encouraging people to attend that. And then the last session of the day, the 5:00-6:30 slot which is currently labeled Part 4 will become the welcome ceremony. And again, we'll be working on the [names] at a later stage.

One of the questions was, would you like me to hold the ALAC room at this stage for the sessions with the circles around them? Which just means that we've got backup. But please do note that I've booked interpretation as well for those sessions as well as recording and transcripts. So we would need to finalize within probably next week just to know whether we keep those slots or not because, in which case, it would free up room space for other groups. So that was my first question. Maureen, any thoughts on that?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Sorry. I had forgotten to unmute myself. I wanted to give you a quiet time to discuss your scheduler. We had committed ourselves to being at

those sessions, and I think that we should be encouraging everybody to be there. And by making our room unavailable, it might force people to actually go there. Not that we're going to take a roll call or anything, but at the same time it's the whole focus being on the policy side of things. So if the requirement is a need for a room with interpretation apart from that time when we're in there for the development workshops, I'm open to it being made available to others. Do I have any other comments on that? Anyone against that? It just means they haven't got a room to go back to. They have to stay with us in the policy [rooms], and we still want to be able to encourage that. Is that okay? Thank you, Cheryl.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Cheryl's agreeing on the Adobe Connect chat just in case there is someone only on the phone bridge, which I believe Daniel is. I know there was also – sorry, Maureen – there was mention, and I'm not sure what the final take is on that even though [I did] listen to the recording of Friday's session again, on when the outreach session would be. Hence, being [inaudible] change anything [inaudible].

MAUREEN HILYARD:

I've actually got some ideas on that. We'll discuss that [inaudible].

GISELLA GRUBER:

I'll hand it back to you, Maureen. And we have Marita and Cheryl who have their hands raised.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, Marita?

MARITA MOLL: Hi. Yes, it was the outreach sessions that I had a question about because I see that there's some chat on the list about [inaudible] session in Kobe that hadn't been finalized and I was wondering if it was actually on our schedule or just being brought up now. I'm sure that you've seen this and you're not surprised by it.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you. Which particular chat, Marita?

MARITA MOLL: Yeah, I'll look it up.

MAUREEN HILYARD: [inaudible] later. I think you'll see it later. Yeah, that's all right. Thank you. Cheryl?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Does Marita want to finish?

MARITA MOLL: No, that's okay. I have to find it. Go ahead. I'll look it up.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, thank you. All right, go ahead, Cheryl.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Great, thanks. Just with the welcome, if that's going to be the formal welcome time on the Saturday – and I don't need to remind Maureen of this – but we may need to remind our community of the complexities and expectations of courteous behavior. Generally in Asia, and specifically in some countries of Asia, at the top of the list of watching your Ps and Qs and dotting your Is and crossing your Ts would be one's courteous behavior in Japan. Just saying. If they're putting on a welcome where you should be [seen]. No one will criticize you face-to-face, but there will be those that will definitely notice. Okay.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, when we're talking welcome, are you talking about something formal here, Cheryl? Because I just assumed it was sort of like the welcome, it's our first session together. But do you just mean [inaudible]?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: If it's a formal thing. If it's formal and it involves the hosts in any way, shape, or form, treat it very differently than anything else. That's what I'm saying. Because all I've got is the word "welcome" in front of me, so I was just making sure you all keep that in mind.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yes, thank you. No, thank you for that, but I think that it was just the fact that this was going to be our first touching base. And it will be the welcome to our At-Large community and ALAC and that general introductory sort of session that normally have to what's on to the week. Yeah, I understood that to be the case, Gisella. But, yes. And I mean I guess too the fact that we go through a whole day and then we find this little [inaudible] on the very last session we do a welcome. I think that was significant enough to actually put that [inaudible] that's fine.

But at the same time you're right, Cheryl. Anything in fact the whole week we just have to be wary of the etiquette within that particular culture, very particular. So, yes, it would be probably a good idea if we send that link around. And as part of the preparation, I think we should do some sort of a paper that actually talks about what we're going to be doing during the week. But that guide should actually be there as well. Gisella? Your hand is up. Oh, now it's down.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Sorry, Maureen. I put it in the chat for those not on the chat and, again, I'm aware Daniel is not in the AC room, just to say that my apologies for creating any confusion. I just wanted to point out that that would be our regular welcome that we would normally have at 9:00 in the morning for At-Large setting out the week in Kobe. And also, I know that we'll probably have to send several reminders just to make sure that everyone is clear that they have to attend that session because they might think, "Oh, well, there are no sessions for me before. Let me just

go and hop in the red bus.” But let’s just make sure that everyone is there and that everyone is aware of the agenda for that as well.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

[Exactly]. I think it’s really important that we send out a memo before the meeting to detail when people will be expected to be in session.

Okay, so that’s basically the first day. So can we move on to Sunday’s session? What are the major things on Sunday? We have the ALAC/ccNSO [meeting] at the end of the day. But on the schedule that I’m looking at, and I’ve been looking at slotting some pieces, some of the sessions that people have asked for already, but I would like to see that the Sunday is a session where we can get any admin, policy, all those kinds of sessions that we’re given good time for, that we give enough time for on the Sunday.

I have as I’ve also [inaudible] I’ve organized one day that’s sort of like a regional thing with O&E, capacity building, those kinds of things on [those] three sessions I think, so those kinds of sessions. And then there’s another day when – we’ll get to it – but the Sunday because it’s the one day that we can really get [stuck] into things like our policy sessions, Marita’s discussing the strategic plan and its implications, whatever. I mean, I’m not quite sure how we’re going to include this but it could be part of one of our admin sessions. So I’d really like to leave those important meetings that we have for Sunday and I’d rather not touch that just yet. I’d like to move to Monday if you don’t mind. Can we do that? [Leave] those sessions there? Unless there’s something that you want to raise for that Sunday session, Gisella.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, Maureen. No, sorry. It was just to touch on Monday.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, okay. Let's go to Monday [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Just a really quick question. Would Sunday be a good time to include discussions on ATLAS and the At-Large [implementation]?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Exactly. Exactly. That kind of stuff. And also, I was going to mention things like inviting David and Göran if they were available. Those kinds of things as well.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, perfect. And then just one more item if you can. [It's prep]. Would you like to [prep] for the various group meetings on Sunday?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes. That's the kind of stuff, yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Perfect. I have asked about David and Göran, but since the schedule is not formal yet, they are unable to commit. So we'll work [inaudible].

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. That's fine. Okay, well, we're going to look at Monday then. Gisella, what have we got here?

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you, Maureen. For Monday, we've got the joint At-Large and NCUC outreach session. [It] will run from 10:30-12:00 and then over the lunch break. The afternoon session, we have one At-Large leadership working sessions which is labeled as Part 10. However, at the same time we've got the new gTLD auction proceeds, the first of two parts. Will you be attending that session? And if so, we just need to set up our session accordingly.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Right. I've just had a request from NPOC. And I mean, Joan and [inaudible] had approached me before about working with At-Large because NPOC working for not-for-profit and they're working on developing resources to encourage more engagement within policy discussions. So that's been an ongoing discussion, and it's taken a new life because they've got a chat group going with the O&E group. And Juan has actually asked if they can have a session. They only need 60

minutes. Well, they've asked for 60 minutes. But I thought that as a follow on to the NCUC sessions and to actually have an NPOC session would be inclusive of other partners within ICANN who want to engage with At-Large. That the three sessions there could be used for that, for those two organizations from the GNSO to work with us. I think it's interesting that we can have that encouragement. So I'd be keen to go down that track. Marita? Marita?

MARITA MOLL:

Oh, yeah. Thanks, Maureen. I found what I was looking for. I knew I wasn't dreaming. This is a message that came from the [bureau] but it was actually a forwarding message that came from Joanna. The message was to the CWG members about holding policy development workshop sessions for members in Kobe. She was talking as her role as co-chair of the capacity building group. Is that what you're talking about right now, Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

No. The capacity building....

MARITA MOLL:

It doesn't say anything about NPOC in here.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

No, this is completely different. This is actually something that NPOC actually just discussed with me in Barcelona. And it was basically to do when we were discussing the GAC and the whole resourcing. How can

we prepare people better for policy participation? I guess because they're probably – I mean, I actually don't know very much of what NPOC does. I'll probably have to go to those sessions. No, I can't because I'm actually wanting it to be during the session that I'm not going to be at because I want to be at the auction proceeds thing. I was trying to find something that would be – it's going to be done as a workshop. And it's basically the ALSes that are available, any not-for-profit groups to be part of what sort of resources do they need. How can they work together on that?

Joanna and the capacity building group could very well be part of this. They're still in the process of inviting people and putting their program together. But I like the idea that we're actually engaging another [partner] group to work with At-Large to actually work on something that could be of value to us. [I'd make] sure that [inaudible] knew about it as well in case some members of their [inaudible] committee from GAC might also be available. So it's got time. It's a time for them to get together and work on how they might develop resources.

But that is different from the capacity building session which is being arranged later on in the week. And that's during this, I think the next day. But one of the – yeah, we'll talk about that later on. But, Marita, yes. This is not this NPOC thing. So I would like that day to be a partners program that we can actually put together and also so that I know what's going on but I will be able to attend the auction proceeds session. [All done]?

Not really because they want it to be – Heidi, just going through your possibility of NPOC joining. I mean, they probably will join that session

but not for the purpose for which they actually want to work with At-Large and specifically with our ALSes and looking at the resourcing thing, which is one of the things that we have actually not dealt with very well. And it's actually developing resources that actually help to explain the policy issues and how they might develop a plan of creating resources to help people understand the policy issues that are on top for ICANN and for At-Large. [Okie dokey?]

And the NPOC session I am planning for this Monday, the third session. Yes, it's a standalone session. Got it? Yes, it could include [inaudible]. They're still looking at their invitees. And, Daniel, you can take that to the session to ensure that comms is included as well. Yes, [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH:

I'm going to be contacting communications to see if they will be ready to work with At-Large on a communications strategy starting in Kobe. Would this be a good time to just start an overall discussion, or would that just confuse issues?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Well, I think that perhaps – I mean, I know that the chat group only just got established this morning. But that's the kind of thing we need to raise with them. For them, it was like how can we do it for ourselves because comms isn't doing it? And so that's what the discussion was in Barcelona, and the discussion has been ongoing since then but not on a regular basis. And so now they're saying we'd want to do something. So if there is discussion with comms, then they need to be involved. But they need to be involved and it just depends on what – and to decide

what level of involvement they will actually have in this particular issue. So, yeah, we'll include that in the discussions that they've just started. So is that okay, Heidi? We'll work on that.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes, okay. And there might be a [prep] session, right? Might there be a [prep] session with them?

MAUREEN HILYARD: What do you mean?

HEIDI ULLRICH: You know, just prior to meeting face-to-face maybe just meet with the leadership on what the aims of that discussion will be.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well, I think that you should be part of the chat group so that we can just have that ongoing dialogue and you can put in your helpful advice there.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Yes, thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Cheryl?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thanks, Maureen. With NPOC, you've got an ideal opportunity here in my view. I mean, I probably Facebook message more with the vice chair of NPOC than I do with some of my family. Just saying. Because they are interested in seeking advice and guidance and information and learnings, etc. So I think it's an important point that NPOC is looking towards At-Large for collaboration and learning experiences that they can perhaps benefit themselves for as opposed to other parts of the non-commercial stakeholders group. I think for now, Heidi, that needs to be treated with the appropriate degree of sensitivity. Okay? Thanks.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Cheryl. Yeah, I feel the same way, which is one of the reasons why I had encouraged their involvement. [And it's] quite appropriate that the three sessions that we will have on that day are actually dedicated toward that NCUC [NCSG] area. So I think it's a positive look for us as well as for them. Any more discussion on that? I think we'll put NPOC in there.

So we move on to Tuesday. Now Tuesday looks very busy. Let me see, what have I got [inaudible]? Now Tuesday is the day that we have four sessions. And I thought that could be like a regional kind of day. And we could start with the regional leaders meeting which, having just had a session with them, they're starting to put together an agenda of issues that they would like to discuss which is really awesome.

There is an outreach and engagement meeting which is just their formal meeting with updates from the various working groups and other issues that they may include in that, their strategic planning sessions with the

strategic plans that they have actually been working on. That would be included in that.

Then I'm wondering whether we use the lunchtime as a session or whether we give them a break and then have the partners and regional outreach and engagement planning workshop which is something that is actually being planned by outreach and engagement. So that the meeting [is] followed by the actual workshop. And in that partners workshop, they're including – that's when the GSE is involved plus any other regional partners who are involved [in event] so that GSE gets to see the dynamics between the various regional partners in the various regions. What we're actually finding is that some regional partners, the I* partners are more engaged than others. [They're right]. But it's just for GSE to get that feel of how regional partners are actually interacting within the various regions. So that's that session.

And the fourth session is the one that I thought that we could actually have the capacity building one. Now for capacity building, there were two ideas that came through. One was RSSAC wanted to do an introduction to RSSAC. RSSAC 101 they called it. Fred Baker suggested this. We could actually have that as one session, a 30-minute session or whatever. And then another idea was, Heidi, you mentioned the registrant person would like to do an introduction, like an introductory session. What was his name?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, Brian Gutterman. I thought [inaudible].

MAUREEN HILYARD: Ah, yeah, Brian Gutterman.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, do you want to have him on Sunday?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well, I thought it might, if it was possible to actually have him within the capacity building session.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Maureen, just while I have the floor, I had heard and Gisella and I both had thought that Tuesday was going to be a policy focused day and that Wednesday was going to be the regional day. I just wanted to clarify that you've now decided that you want Tuesday to be regional and Wednesday to be policy.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I'd like Sunday to include policy, and that's why I'm keeping Sunday free because I'd like to put those policy issues right at the very beginning because there's going to be lots of opportunity for people to actually use the things that come out of the policy discussions at the beginning of the week later on in the week rather than raising them later.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. So Sunday is now going to include policy issues. That's [great], ATLAS III, ARIWG updates, [inaudible] sessions for the [board], GAC, etc. and also invited guests.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. And then Tuesday is going to be regional day and then Wednesday will be a policy day. Yeah? Okay.

MAUREEN HILYARD: What are we up to? We're up to Tuesday, aren't we? Yeah, Tuesday, as people have been bombarding me with things, I've been trying to organize something that's a little bit more structured. So, yeah, Tuesday is a regional day. Yeah.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, is that also – I believe that Wednesday is when we normally have the AFRALO meeting, Gisella. Is that correct?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, that's there, Wednesday.

GISELLA GRUBER: If I may.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sorry, Gisella. Go.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Sorry. I just wanted to point out that as we're discussing Tuesday that we currently don't have our room over lunchtime. The fellowship daily session is in our room over lunch. So if we were thinking of doing anything, I'd need to find a room for that and I'd need to do that as soon as possible to discuss it with Tanzania. Also, and to point out that we usually attend the GAC and board meeting which is running from 15:15-16:45. So again, we don't have our meeting room at that time. And as you can see, the schedule is pretty full.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yeah, and [our] Wednesday as well we've got that conflict at the moment with the Q&A and Jamie Hedlund's Compliance session which was going to be during that time. I don't think he minds that it is changed, and Gisella and Jamie's team will discuss when would be an appropriate time. But it's possible that might have to be on the Sunday, but it just depends on when that ICANN org executive team Q&A session is happening.

Now on the Wednesday, again yes, we don't actually have too much time. We have a short session of availability from straight after the ALAC meeting. And, no, I can't see us moving immediately into something. It's only 30 minutes before coffee. Then there's the ALAC/GAC session. Then there's the AFRALO meeting at 1:30. And we've already planned a wrap-up of Part 2 at the same time as an auction proceeds session which, again, I'd like to get to. So there's two sessions that we can fill

with something. I haven't actually made this any particular thing because there were so many different things going on, on that day.

GISELLA GRUBER: Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, Maureen. I didn't mean to interrupt. For the Tuesday, as I said, we need to confirm whether we would like to look for a room over lunch, whether that is an option. And also, for Wednesday I've put in [red] there that the ALAC and board session hasn't yet been submitted, so that will be appearing. And we then have one 30-minute session labeled Number 15 and one 45[-minute] session labeled Number 16, bearing in mind that as you've pointed out we may have the Q&A at that time. If we do have Jamie Hedlund from 10:00-11:00, that doesn't actually fit in with the block schedule. So I think that we'll address that when the Q&A is actually confirmed. Then we've got the ALAC and GAC running from 11:30-12:15. Then we go on to the joint AFRALO meeting, as you said.

The Wrap Up #1 needs to be on Wednesday afternoon because on Thursday morning we've only got one slot available due to the HIT session on universal acceptance [IBMs] and a pretty full day on Thursday with other sessions. I'm just thinking that the new gTLD subsequent procedures is the second afternoon session after the

AFRALO meeting, and then you've got the auction proceeds. And if you'll be attending the auction proceeds on that day, would you consider having the wrap up maybe after the AFRALO/AfrICANN meeting and then having another session from 5:00-6:30?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, I would prefer that we had the wrap up before. But, Cheryl, what about the new gTLD sub pro? Do you think all or some people need to be there?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Maureen, it depends on what your endgame is. What you put in competition to subsequent procedures, if that's vitally important for the policy functioning of the At-Large [views], well then that makes perfect sense. But if you're also just going to be wallflowers in the other space, maybe that's not so valuable. But if you've got people who are clearly identified as from our community obvious in GNSO policy development processes, I think that's a really useful thing in the next coming year. But you might have to sacrifice some of those opportunities for other vital – notice my use of adjectives, won't you – activities. If it's a navel gazing activity and you're only going to get a few of them in your room anyway, then clearly I'm going to suggest that there is a GNSO room [with me] instead.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I know that one of the sessions that we really needed to add and we were waiting on and it was suggested that Keith Drazek might want a

session later on in the week. Were you able to find a time? Because that would be having a session, the wrap up session for example, during that time which included Keith because we're already – unless he can come on that Sunday, which I doubt.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Sorry, Maureen. Are you suggesting Keith now is asked during the subsequent procedures work time or something else?

MAUREEN HILYARD: No. Yeah, what I'm actually saying I was thinking the wrap up session which this is where we need to – or any session because we haven't included him. But did he want to be more toward the end of the week? Has he actually mentioned anything as yet?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: No, [inaudible] not. But if you want me to specify an option, then I can do. But Keith's priority is the GNSO activity. So do try and avoid a major thing going on in the GNSO room.

MAUREEN HILYARD: At the moment, we've got – of course, we wouldn't include a GNSO session – but I'm trying to find a space. We'll have to, yeah. And also, we did say that we'd try to fit – well, we would fit him in – at a time that was suitable for him. Because we know that he, like [the GNSO] is going to be busy right through the week and even just trying to find 30

minutes was going to be a big call. So if we can find something, that would be really, really good. Gisella?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Okay, can I just say?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, sorry.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Let me assure the GNSO is so hot about auction proceeds you won't be able to leverage the chair out during that time because it is a highly contentious issue that he needs to keep his finger on the pulse of. All right? That is a GNSO new gTLD auction proceeds workshop.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes. Oh, definitely. Sorry, yeah.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: It's not the auction proceeds cross-community working group. All right?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Now, Maureen, it would be quite smart of you to keep your finger on the pulse of what's going on in the GNSO. I'm happy to help you with that. But I've also just seen a drift with, "Cheryl, can you help with briefing Keith about what the basis of our discussion and question is going to be when we're going to have our 30-minute discussion?" to, "Cheryl, what time are you organizing Keith for?" And that second part of that job description I didn't know about. Happy to do so.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well, I guess we do need to know when....

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: It's not what you've asked me to do.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well, I think that we can get Gisella working with Keith's staff to find a time. We have actually got 60-minute sessions in a 90-minute block. But it's not up to us. We really do have to see when he's free. I'm sorry. That's my fault. I wasn't actually looking at the next column, of course, which had all those other important issues in. But we do need to – I mean, I think it would be really important if we could get Keith into meeting with At-Large sometime during the week, and we do need to – I think it's important anyway. So, Gisella, if we might have you checking out when it might be available.

GISELLA GRUBER: Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah?

GISELLA GRUBER: I've [already] been in touch with [staff] support from the GNSO with [Nathalie] and she was saying that Saturday morning would be good, but I've told her that Saturday is not an option because we're in other sessions. Sunday she said possibly from 16:15 onwards, but I think at the end of the day it's going to be a very intense day for him. And Wednesday is not possible as the contracted parties house is meeting then. And Tuesday is not an option. So would we want to give Thursday during our wrap up as an option? If you can just give me if you think that Thursday could be an option or Sunday later afternoon, then I can go back to the GNSO and work on those times with [Nathalie].

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. Well, Sunday we've got the ccNSO at the very last session on Sunday. But, yeah, it's very ALAC related. I'd be very happy for that to happen.

GISELLA GRUBER: Or Thursday morning? Are you happy for Thursday morning?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thursday morning which is our debrief day, the Wrap Up #2.

GISELLA GRUBER: [inaudible]

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, I'm happy with that, but there's the EPDP, I notice, [inaudible] as well.

GISELLA GRUBER: Okay.

MAUREEN HILYARD: So they might want to be there. Yeah, just see what you can do. If that's the only time, that's the only time. Fine.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Can I just jump in again?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh, sorry. Yeah, sure, Cheryl.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Yeah, it's all right. If [Nathalie] suggested Sunday after 16:40, did you say?

GISELLA GRUBER: 16:15.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: 16:15? I would be putting him in at the end of your Session 9. So whatever you plan in your Session 9, make it two 40-minute blocks or a 60 and a whatever. Put him in at the very end of that session, which fits with what [Nathalie] has proposed. And she would know what suits him because she would have asked. And then you've got your break before ccNSO anyway. My reasoning there is [inaudible] because it's a big day for Keith, he's like most of us. Does what our calendar says and gets down and gets the job done. All right?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Just [inaudible]. Yeah. Okay.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: The man is a professional. I'm sure he'll manage.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, Gisella, you can work on that one. I think that's a good time. At the moment, the only thing we have planned there is the ccNSO event. So this is when we actually [put] anything that's related to us, to ALAC. So that's a good call. If you can work him in there, that will be really good.

GISELLA GRUBER: Working on that now. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Great. Awesome. Thank you. Where are we up to? Oh, nearly time? [inaudible] Are there any – so we can – we're up to the Wednesday session about what we put into when we can actually have the wrap up. The wrap up for me would probably have to go into the session that's not the auction proceeds one. So we can swap those around. And it gives us a longer time too because it was only going to be 60 minutes. Okay?

So there's a 60-minute session that could go in there. I know we're going to do a – I'm really keen to do a debrief as we did in Barcelona. I thought that was a good rounding off of what we'd done during the week, what we needed to do per next steps, and planning in the [interim]. We've got quite a lot of planning to get done within the Kobe meeting and the Marrakech meeting with the ATLAS and also with the ARIWG. So there's quite a lot of work that we could be doing in that one.

I've actually got – I'm just working on an old schedule that was from the 25th of January. That's what I've been using as my thing, and it probably has changed. But there was a big red block that said having the wrap up session during the IDN discussion.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Maureen, sorry, no. That's the bit that I said on Friday we were taking out the wrap up on Thursday, only having Wrap Up #2 on Thursday morning and then the Wrap Up #1 would be now as you've pointed out on Wednesday afternoon from 15:15-16:45 against the subsequent procedures. And then we would still have a 90-minute session after that

as we're likely to have the joint APRALO networking event on the Tuesday. We'll know more about that later this week when we have the joint call with APAC hub.

I've made the last session on Wednesday a 60-minute session in case we were having the APRALO networking event, in which case we needed a transition time between the last At-Large session and the networking event to allow for catering set up, etc. And unless that changes that we're not holding the event on Tuesday evening, we'll still have a 90-minute session on Wednesday.

And on Thursday, as [per word] from the Adobe Connect we have a session running from 8:30-10:15 for the Wrap Up Part 2, and then we go on to the universal acceptance HIT session. Another session which isn't on the iScheduler is the ICANN 65 kickoff which is by invitation only from 12:15-13:1. And then in the afternoon, we've got the board governance public forum and the board public meeting followed by the cocktail.

MAUREEN HILYARD: The end. Right.

GISELLA GRUBER: Correct.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Just a couple of points, for Finance, would you like them to come on Sunday as well? I think Sunday is going to be really packed, so we could bring them in on Wednesday.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, it is going to be packed, yeah.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah. So perhaps, Gisella, do you see room? I'm not sure. I'm hearing now that the working Session 17 is going to be switched with the wrap up session.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Correct.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, but that means that Maureen will not be at At-Large Leadership Session 17 because she'll be at the auction proceeds.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Correct, yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: So I don't know what we can put in there.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, we'll have to work on that one.

HEIDI ULLRICH: And then the next question is Leon. Did you want Leon to be at Wrap Up 1 or 2? That might be useful. Or do you have thoughts there?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, if he's available. Yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, let's try Wrap Up 2. I think that might be better. And then we'll need to work out when we're going to put in Finance. Okay? And it might – I mean, I don't know what you have planned for the welcome session on Saturday, but that might be a time for finance.

MAUREEN HILYARD: True. Well, we'll see when they're available because that's the beginning of the week. Everybody probably wants to see them. And we'll put them in if not on Saturday, on Sunday. That's possible. And

we've got SSAC I notice on Sunday. That's another thing that has been locked in.

Anything else? No?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Maureen, can I take back to your Sunday welcome session for a moment now?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sure. Yeah.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Other than hail fellow well met, name, rank, and serial number because you've been together all day, you won't need to do hail fellow well met, what exactly are you wanting to achieve in that session?

MAUREEN HILYARD: I'm looking at it as [that intro] as to what we'll be doing, like what are the key areas that we are going to be, those key sessions that we're going to be doing. That whole introduction to that kind of thing. Plus, looking at the policy areas and what Jonathan is requiring from those. Have Daniel come in to explain the outreach and engagement as well. Those sort of sessions. I guess it's usually things that we do.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Okay, understood. But maybe we do need to come back [and do] more details on Sunday, which I thought we were going to do in this call. I thought the Jonathan show and the Daniel show would probably have been slotted in, in the sessions during that day and not the last session currently listed as “Welcome,” which I think we’re actually talking more consolidation of the day and logistics. And if you work out how much of your 90 minutes you need to have for consolidation, unified approach, and talking point agreement, etc., how much of your 90 minutes do you think you’ll need for that, then it gives you a block of time that you can maybe get Finance in and make sure perhaps Leon is there at the beginning or in the transition between consolidation exercise, consolidation and logistics and planning exercise and your setting of expectations, and something to do with Finance.

I’m just – I think within the 90-minute block at the end of that day, which is a big day, you’ve got some opportunity but also it needs to be well managed. It’s probably the most tightly managed session you need to run that day. The rest of it can actually be relatively [fluffy] and relaxed. You’ve got the O&E stuff, you’ve got the [JZ] stuff, blah, blah, blah. All good, all important, all very nice, all very developmental. You’ve got your leadership development stuff in the middle [and] the lunch. That’s a whole lot of brain work. So just be clever.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, sure. It would be a good introduction to the week to actually have that. So, Gisella, can you organize and see if they’re available for that session? We’re talking Leon and Finance and anyone who would like to come in and say hello.

But I do like, for example, we will have just been through two sessions with the Work Track 5 and the sub pro [doc set] we've spent quite a lot of time on. So it would be good to get Jonathan and Marita's views on how those sessions have gone, as you said, some kind of consolidation of how our interpretations as we [presented] them and our statements have actually gone during those sessions as well and some kind of summary. And also, how they might, the discussions that took place, might impact on the subsequent discussions that we have in our own policy discussions later on in the week.

Right. Okay, we're at the top of the hour. Was this only an hour session? Is there anything else that needs to – that anyone would like to raise? I think that now we can start putting some information in. As I mentioned before, some of the sessions, the 90-minute sessions we're slotting in something that is only 60 minutes. So we'll be looking at other little bits and pieces to incorporate into those. Other things that we may need to discuss. So we still need to finalize and finesse those little sessions. Yeah, true. I agree, Marita. We do need to [look at] how we mix and match some of those things so we've not got a heavy load all in one go.

But, yes. So, Gisella, Heidi, and I and anyone else who would like to join in can spend a little bit of time going through those and slotting things. And as we, especially if we can confirm some of those things, we really do need to get in touch with – I mean, that APAC meeting is really important because it impacts on a couple of our other [inaudible] sessions. So we do need to make sure that we get in touch with them very soon.

Okay. Oh, jet lag. Okay, thank you. Nothing else?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: We won't get jet lag, Maureen, but two-thirds of your room will.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, I know. I know. Especially I'm thinking how many people will be awake on that very first day when they've just arrived for those important sessions that we want them to be really listening intently to for the GNSO sessions. And also, we'd like them to be wide awake for the leadership development workshop. So we really do have to make sure that we don't overload them.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Yeah, sorry. That comes down to the talent that you've got in the room conducting those sessions. If you've got good leaders and good presenters, and I'm quite confident lunchtime no one will be dozing off. [David's excellent]. But if you've got boring, bloody [inaudible] and drivel that I could have read on the plane going over, then, yeah, your brain will take a vacation. Probably a [inaudible].

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. Heidi and I had a discussion with David, and he seems to be right onto it.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Oh, I'm not concerned about David at all. Nor am I concerned I believe about Jonathan making sure no one's asleep in the back row.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: So I think what might help with the jet lag is if people have literally on the computer or even a piece of paper that has some speaking points and who is going to say each of those speaking points, etc. I know that Jonathan is going to develop those message points. But the question is, is that going to be happening in the CCWG? Or where did he say that was going to happen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. Where did we say that was going to happen?

GISELLA GRUBER: My recall from that was that he was going to do it and then run it by the CCWG and then the ALAC.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Yeah. But you've still got to bring your people who are there along to agree with that. It's all very good for the CCWG and then the ALAC to [bless] seven points that we would be talking. But if you don't have the people who are actually in your meeting agreed and owning that, then it

simply doesn't happen or you get what's worse than having speaking points. Having the toxicity of someone saying, "Well, I'm told I'm supposed to say this but my personal opinion is," which is even worse than not having a speaking point.

So when I was prattling on earlier about what you could do in that Session Number 4 on your day, the one that's currently labeled "Welcome" but we need to think about what it's going to actually be, that is where everybody should be "Yay, Team"-ing and agreeing that these points, we know them, we understand them, we can be quick and effective in getting that message out and how to articulate and all fired up and off they go for the rest of the week. That's 20-minutes' worthy work in the planning in the details for that end of day. Anyway.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

That sounds ideal, Cheryl, and I think that's one of those things and I think I mentioned about Jonathan summarizing the sorts of things that were important that may have arisen in that initial session that we will all have been to and that might need if he has actually been working on some talking points that may mean that people might come up with things that actually affirm or consolidate some of those talking points. So I think raising it in that welcome session while everybody is there and getting everyone on board with those issues, you're right, that is a good time to actually bring them in. Yeah, great.

And also, I'd just like to mention while Marita's here, I had a little read through here, [inaudible] draft and I think she's raised some really pertinent points and I really congratulate her for getting that document

ready for people, hopefully, that people will read it and make comment on it. We do need to push that. That's my little advertisement thing here.

Anything else? Any other comments, queries? Okay, so I've been up since 3:00. It's now after 7:00. But I went to that interesting session with ISOC, the ISOC performance thing this morning that Eduardo did which was really interesting.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Yeah, Maureen, we had the [APAC] time zoned one several hours earlier, so I didn't get up at 1:00 AM to join Eduardo because I'd actually done the one with quite a few of the [APAC] chapter which was inconveniently at 6:30 at night my time. Trust me, that is not what I prefer. But, yes, it was a good session, so I'm glad you made the other one because I did kind of notice you weren't in that one, but anyway.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I know. I know. I fell asleep. I have to apologize to my board members because I said, "Oh, yeah, that's a great time. 9:30, that's a good one." Honestly, I was so tired my laptop just was sort of like [there].

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Maureen, you are [forgiven].

MAUREEN HILYARD: But I was awake at 3:00, so I went to the 4:00 session.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: That makes perfect sense, and as you [inaudible] your Circadian rhythm with your role as ALAC's chair to move toward 20-hour days, you will catch those three hours of sleep whenever you can. [That's okay].

MAUREEN HILYARD: I know. True, true. Okay, and [inaudible] because I really did think it was a good call.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Yes, it was. And whichever session you went to, it was good. And now we're going to be [identical]. Marita, it's not volunteer abuse. It's what you step up to when you step up to chair. It's stepping up to leadership. And if you've survived being a leader – I'm not actually joking; I'm deadly serious – if you've survived being a leader and requirements put on you there in what can only be described by me as a vampiric organization which is what ICANN is in how it treats and abuses its volunteers time and the expectations on volunteers, then you don't put yourself forward for chair like Maureen did without knowing it's going to be one hell of a demanding ride. That's [no longer] abuse. She's, in fact, given informed consent and we haven't heard the safe word yet. So that's all right.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, exactly. But, yes, I like "vampiric" as well. It's something I'm going to use a lot.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: There is a safe word. It's okay. There is a safe word.

MAUREEN HILYARD: All right. Okay, well, we will get together a plan. Are we going to have another meeting sometime?

YESIM NAZLAR: [Yes, please].

MAUREEN HILYARD: Same time, same place?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Why not? I love being up at 3:00 AM [as much as] you do.

YESIM NAZLAR: Would you like a Doodle?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Maybe a Doodle for Cheryl.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: No, no, no.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, let's change it for Cheryl.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: You don't have to change it for Cheryl, I promise, just as long as it doesn't clash. I often have 3:00 AM calls. That's all. So just make sure [inaudible].

MAUREEN HILYARD: No, no, no. There's no reason to. We'll do another Doodle on next Tuesday.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Let me look at next week anyway. I'm already on another call at 4:00.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I think the [inaudible] meeting at 3:00 for me.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I'm already on another call at 4:00 AM, so if you want to make it 18:00, that's brilliant.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, 18:00 onwards I asked Yesim, 18:00 onwards unless 18:00 suits you.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Any time. 18:00 is fine. I can run one call and come straight into this one. That's not a problem.

YESIM NAZLAR: Okay, so we'll just check on availability.

MAUREEN HILYARD: 18:00 is good for me.

YESIM NAZLAR: Okay.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Good. That's the plan.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: [Perfect]. One less Doodle in my life.

MAUREEN HILYARD: [inaudible] right now I'm getting sick of them myself actually. Don't tell the staff. Don't tell Yesim.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Maureen, did you actually buy in, or are you using the free version of Doodle? Because if you buy in to the product and it is putting all the potential meetings in your calendar, that can be – well, it can be useful

or it can be distracting. It depends on you. But have a look at the difference between the off-the-shelf free product and the Doodle Premium. You might want to consider the options here. That may help you survive the Doodle onslaught.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. All right, I'll have a look at that. All right, okay, guys.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Done.

MAUREEN HILYARD: The real meeting has actually done, so I think we can all go off and have breakfast or go back to sleep or whatever it is that we're up to. Or, I don't know, you've got people from overseas that are probably ready to call it a day, aren't you?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Alberto is complaining in solidarity with Daniel that the male voice was not given enough. Boys, it's all right. Just [say], step forward.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Excuse me. Did they put their hand up? Did they put their hand up?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I'm just saying, it is a safe environment for you to step forward. Don't feel threatened by us. We understand we can be scary. We will nurture you as you try and get your voices heard. That's okay.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, that's our job. To make sure that your voices are heard. Ah, thinking mode. Lucky, Daniel.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: By, team. See you later.

MAUREEN HILYARD: See you later, guys.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]