

CLAUDIA RUIZ:

Okay. We will now begin the official recording of this call. Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening, everyone. Welcome to the At-Large Finance and Budget Subcommittee Working Group Call on Thursday the 24th of January 2019 at 16:30 UTC. On the call today on the English channel, we have Maureen Hilyard, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Sarah Kiden, Alfredo Calderon, Kaili Kan, and Ricardo Holmquist. On the Spanish channel, we have Maritza Aguero.

We have received apologies from Glenn McKnight, Bastiaan Goslings, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Daniel Nanghaka, Judith Hellerstein, and Ali Almeshal. From staff, we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Evin Erdoğdu, and myself, Claudia Ruiz on call management. Our interpreters for today are Paula and David.

Before we begin, I would like to remind everyone to please state their name before speaking for the transcription purposes, and also so the interpreters can identify you in the other language channels. Thank you, and with this, I turn over to you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Claudia, and welcome, everyone. A small group, this morning, but doesn't matter. We're just going to quickly skim through the ... Again, just to confirm and update ourselves on some of the At-Large requests before they go away. We'll just start to have a look at the review on the ALAC comment, the budget, as well as the – sorry – the FY20 Operating Plan and Budget and Five-Year Operating Plan Update, as well as the two-year planning consultation. So, this is our

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

opportunity to start working on those and getting something ready, not due till [inaudible] make a start on it and try and get more people to contribute because I know [that's been really slow coming through.] So, let's get going then. Heidi, can you just take us through an update on those additional ABRs? Thank you.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes. Thank you very much, Maureen. Hi, everyone. I wanted to just let you know where we are with the Fiscal Year 20 ABRs. This is a workspace for them. Just updated a few items there. So, first I wanted to just let you know what happens here from today onwards. So, today is we're just going to look again at which ones are approved for submissions, as well as a follow-up on some of those that were going to speak with other staff, which has been done. Then, most importantly, and I'd like to do this now, is the "what happens next." So, tomorrow is the deadline for submissions of all of the approved ABRs to Finance, so I will be doing that. Maureen and I will be reviewing the final document. There are not that many this time. Then we'll be submitting them tomorrow. Then the ICANN staff that do review them will be done between 28th of January and March 8th. So, there's some time for that.

Then during ICANN 64 in Kobe, there'll be a time that, by request, that you can request a review of those in consultation with either the scope team – that's Mary Wong and/or Finance to look at those. Final assessment by ICANN Org will be done between the 18th of March and the 31st of March. Then on target that by the ICANN Board's Finance Committee will review them in mid-April. Then the ICANN Board Review is on target to approve it between, it looks like, the 3rd of May. By that

time, we'll have a final review of which ones have been approved for Fiscal Year 20. So, any questions on that?

Okay. So, let's move into, again, which ones were final approved for submission, and some quick updates. So, again, as you'll know the Access by RALOs for funding of local engagement activities, that is a submit. I'm just going to mention the ones that are a submit. The RTT, real-time transcription of Adobe Connect, 10 hours in English, that's a submit, that's ALAC review. Just to let you know, also, the internet support for or communication support for the ALAC Chair, ICANN Org has agreed to cover that without an ABR, so we're not needing to submit that one. Then moving into the RALO ones, we have the from APRALO, we have the IDN and Beyond. That's that one-day workshop, and that's primarily likely to be funded by GSE, but we're just submitting that just to give them more support.

We also have the EURALO one, just the one for support, participation of individual users. That one is going to take place without needing to submit the ABR. So, that activity will take place. The LACRALO one, we had a very good call this week with Rodrigo de la Parra, Harold Arcos and Sergio Salinas Porto discussing that. We're going to go ahead and submit that, but given that ICANN Org does help cover the cost of the Southern School of Internet Governance, there'll be some ability to fund that. So, that's going to be, I think, a good activity to take place. Then another one approved for submission is from NARALO. That's the At-Large Policy Advice Development Writing Course to take place during ATLAS III.

Also, an update is the one from Loris Taylor, the North American Indigenous Fellowship. Loris and I had a very good call with Ergys Ramaj and Siranush Vardanyan from public responsibility, support, and that does not need to be submitted. It has been agreed that there will be follow-up in terms of outreach, and they'll be working with Alfredo Calderon and Amrita, who's the At-Large mentor to the fellows, to enable the indigenous people of North America to understand about the fellowship program. Then, also, I'm going to reach out to the NextGen group to help allow indigenous people, youth, to be aware of that program. So, while that activity will be taking place, it's just as not needing ABR.

Finally from NARALO is the second North American School of Internet Governance, so NASIG. That one is going to be submitted. However, I'm hearing good things from Chris Mondini, and there'll be a call next week to confirm the funding on that. And Maureen, I think that is it. Thank you very much.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Heidi. I just didn't hear you mention the one about the two extra slots that we are going to apply [that's] for the ALAC.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes. Sorry. Yes, you're right. Good catch. Yes, that one as well. That one would be for two extra slots for ICANN meetings for At-Large.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Right. We haven't had any push back from anybody about that one, have we, like when you've had your conversations?

HEIDI ULLRICH: No.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, that's cool. That's great for us to know. Okay, so the vote. How's the vote going?

HEIDI ULLRICH: That's the ALAC vote just to endorse these. I believe, Evin, that ends today at 23:59. I don't know if we can announce where the vote is right now. I don't think we have the ability to look at.

EVIN ERDOGDU: Actually, I know that everyone has voted, likely it has passed, but I would have to look it up.

HEIDI ULLRICH: [inaudible]. Okay. Everyone voted.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Cheryl says that the Wiki needs to be updated, and yes, I think that we will be doing that, won't we, Heidi? We'll make sure that it's just the others ... I think that we left it as it was because it was just to give people an update on the ones that we thought we might put through, but we don't need to anymore. We've got Alan with his hand up.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. Two things. On the votes, we don't allow people to change votes, so if everyone's voted, you can close it. It's final.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes. True.

ALAN GREENBERG: The question I raised my hand for was on the travel slots. Originally, they used to identify who the travel slots were for, and it was for the ALAC, two regional leaders per region, and three liaisons. That gives us one extra slot that is undesignated in the amount and number that are showing in the budget proposal. So, if you're asking for two in additional, you should be prepared to explain how you're using those in case someone asks. Or if Heidi thinks they're not going to ask, then fine. But, I'm just pointing out that what is in the budget is not the two more than we had previously allocated like last year, but it's still one more, and I don't know to what extent we're going to be called to explain. But, just noting that.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, and I guess, from my perspective, I think that we can push back, but we've put a lot of emphasis on the policy issues and that is an area that we'll probably go for. I don't know, and I guess it's encouraging ... What we're trying to do is to encourage more engagement in policy. I think that's what we've been doing in the past anyway, so I think we'll

just have a look through what we've written and make sure that that is emphasized. Yes. Thanks, Heidi. Cheryl?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Oh, Tijani can go first because mine is actually more like other business to the ABRs than these, sorry.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, thank you. Tijani.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much. I remember that when we discussed the issue of those two extra slots, we said that we will mention that they are for policy-active people because, before, it was for engagement or outreach and policy. I said that for outreach, I don't think anyone will accept it because I don't see how we ask for an extra slot for outreach. So, it is mainly for policy. With my, how to say, I voted already. I accepted the request, but I remark that it is still policy and outreach, and I think this is not what we agreed on. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well, thank you for pointing that out, Tijani. I guess for this time, we used it for our policy and outreach and engagement leaders. I think moving forward ... As I mentioned before, we'll have to really push the policy thing, and it is something that's become very important within the At-Large work that we're doing. Policy can also involve outreach. It depends on what we are doing and how we justify it. But, like you, I

think I would actually probably focus more on the policy side of things.
But, Cheryl.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thanks, Maureen. Just in terms of something interesting from other ABRs coming in for final approval, at least within the GNSO, and I just wanted to highlight it here just so we don't not notice it until it's out there in the mix over a finance and budget approval, and then perhaps a recommendation, and then perhaps board approval.

One of the ABRs – I'm not going to go into all of them – but one of the ABRs from the GNSO, which I think will probably have a strong likelihood of getting through, it will be a benefit to us, so we need to just make sure we don't compete in other ways with it, I suppose, or we leverage off it. There will be development of, what's being termed as, a consensus development playbook. In other words, an instructional methodology on how to develop census. I will keep a close eye on the details of that as it develops, but I just wanted to put a little pin in our board here so we don't not have that in our thinking – not just for Finance and Budget's knowledge, but for a couple of other things including our ARIWG work. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Interesting, and good to have that access to what's happening in the other constituencies, too, that we might, as you say, be able to leverage off that. But, Heidi and I will have a look at how we've structured that request because I think when we made the original request, it was looking at the organizational structure where we've got two key areas.

But, for the additional slots, even if we reflect it back onto the organizational structure, we [will actually include] more on the fact that the policy is the endpoint, it's channeling people back into policy. So, we'll work on that. Okay, so are there any...?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Heidi. Your hand up, yes.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes. Just one additional point. I was going to also make that point that, within the text, it does note that this is part of your organizational structure, but also that engagement – and I think we're all in agreement that engagement is necessary to increase the policy advice development activities of all of the At-Large members, so that is important as well. And within the ICANN bylaws, there is a role.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, we'll make sure we put that in.

HEIDI ULLRICH: It does state within the ICANN bylaws that the ALAC will not only do policy advice development but also, at times, outreach. So, it is within the bylaws, as well. So, I think that outreach and engagement is very important. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes. Good. Right, thank you. Again, it's just how we structure the text, so we'll definitely work on that. We'll get Alan to cast his eye over it, as well. Alfredo.

ALFREDO CALDERON: Yes. Can you hear me?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, we can.

ALFREDO CALDERON: Okay. I just have a question regarding that request. When we're saying that we have these two slots, and that we're going to prioritize it for the certain sectors within At-Large, will those slots rotate among the constituency or the group? For the three meetings in a year, will those slots be assigned to the same person within these working groups, or will we have in each meeting a different person selected? Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Alfredo. I think I liked what Alan has said, is that using additional slot to bring more leaders instead of just active workers, but at the same time, I guess every meeting, there will be a key focus for us and we won't be rotating people within the slots for the sake of the rotation. It's actually got to be a meaningful contribution to the work that we're actually going to be doing at a particular meeting.

So, I know that, for example, this time where I've actually insisted that the two slots that we had were to go to the leaders of the policy and the outreach and engagement because this our very first meeting of actually implementing the organizational structure, and making sure that the leaders have some impact in the working sessions that we are going to be running in relation to At-Large.

I think it's really important that the objectives that we have for each meeting are met, and that we will be able to justify the slots that are given in accordance with what we see as important for At-Large to achieve at that particular meeting. So, it's making sure if they're going to be chosen, they're going to be active. It doesn't necessarily mean it's the same people, but it's got to be those who will actually be able to help us achieve the objectives that we want to achieve for that particular meeting. Okay.

ALFREDO CALDERON: Okay, thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, thank you, Alfredo. Tijani.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much. For Heidi, yes, of course we are, in the bylaws, we are not developing policies. We are only advising about policies, and we are contributing in policy development with GNSO groups or the cross-community working groups. But, for the extra slots, we have everyone in At-Large making outreach. We don't have problems with people who

make outreach. We have problems with people who can't contribute in policy.

That's why Alan started asking for extra slots for people who are active in policy and policy discussion in general. I am not saying policy development. We are not about policy development. So, I think that those extra slots are particularly for policy. They are not for outreach. We don't have any problem. Everyone in ICANN and At-Large can do outreach, and everyone is doing outreach, and the outreach is very broad so you can put everything inside the outreach. This is something that you cannot limit, you cannot make a very precise definition, while acting or working on policies is very clear. And we have this problem. We don't have enough people to contribute in policy. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Tijani. Alan.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. I'm not going to get into the game of debating whether we need someone or not. I'm looking at it from a higher level. If you look at the At-Large review, there was strong criticism that we are using our travel slots, and not using them effectively. They claim we could have fewer people coming as statutory people who are ex officio, always at ICANN meetings, and identify people who can benefit more. So, any time that we increase the number of slots that are going to be used in a standardized way for people in leadership positions, we are subject to take potentially to criticism.

Now, I'll point out the GNSO over the last 10 years has significantly increased the number of leadership slots that they have because they now pay for all sorts of other people that they didn't use to pay for when only the council came. So, it's not that this is something that other people aren't doing. I'm just saying we're potentially subject to criticism if we are using them essentially as specifically funded slots for some designated person based on their office. I'm not saying it's not justified. I'm not saying it's not effective. I'm just saying it's something that the powers that be may look upon negatively, and just be aware of that as we word our requests. That's all. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Alan, and I agree. That's why I said I think we need to ... Each meeting is going to be different, and we need to look at what we want to achieve and how we're going to use the slots to actually help us to achieve that particular purpose. Okay, so I think we've focused on what we may need to just tweak to [inaudible], and Heidi and I have taken that on board and we'll certainly have a look at that to make sure that it reflects the discussion at least, and just to finesse it a bit. So, I think we can then move on and leave that in Heidi's capable hands with me – and I'm support. Okay. So, now we move on to FY20 budget ... The discussion, sorry – that's a wrong, sort of right, title here. The discussion about FY20 Operating Plan and Budget, just to get an update of what we've got. Will we be able to get into that workspace? Everyone would have access to it. The link is there.

Now, during the Christmas holidays, I went through that particular section of that particular document, and basically went over the sorts of

things which I felt were related to a particular project which was being promoted, and how we could perhaps leverage off some of the activities that were being proposed and anything related to it. By putting it up in the comment section, I actually had hoped that people would say we should spend more time pushing one particular area. Or do we put them all in? I don't expect that the statement would include all the language that I've actually put in there, but how do we want to address the actual statements? So, I need some feedback here. The only additions that was requested at one stage was to do the LACRALO transition, our translation tool. So, I made a comment in there just as a placeholder, and if anyone wants to add to that, I'd be very happy to have it. So, I'm after any comments. Tijani.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you, Maureen. Evin just created a Google Docs where she put all what you put on the Wiki, on the comments part. I made a lot of comments on it and a lot of suggestions on it. If you go there, you will see my suggestions. I thought that you had a good approach to go to the projects and to try to target projects that are affecting At-Large. I think it is a good approach. I worked at a little bit higher level, and I will add what I worked on on the Wiki before, and then we can put it on the Google Docs. But, I think that the approach was very good. I had a lot of comments. I made them as comments. I didn't want to change the text except when there is a typo, a problem, or something like this. But, all I put on the Google Docs were comments. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, I see that, and thank you very much for that. We can definitely use that, and of course, I'm hoping others will also contribute similarly. Let's go through the few that we have. Did you want to add anything more, Tijani?

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: No, it's okay. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Cheryl.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Thanks, Maureen. As I said – can't remember what meeting it was in, but it was a meeting we were in and looking at this document, at that stage just on the Wiki not on the G Doc. I thought the foundation of this document was excellent. I really liked the way – and I know that Tijani has indeed gone through the G Doc and dotted a whole lot of I's and crossed a whole lot of T's, which I think has made it an even more attractive document, and it's going to be well-received.

What I also said at that time – and forgive me, at this ungodly hour in my current condition, I just can't remember which meeting I've been at the time – we must make sure that there is a cross-over and a checklist in this document for anything that we have declared in the next couple of days to be approved. ARIWG implementation plan where we said we would choose something under the upcoming budget and indeed in the future budget under the five-year planning.

We have to make sure that we've got our [inaudible] in the ground on that, as well. At this stage, I don't see that has happened. So, I would appeal – and not offer to do, but am happy to help – that that is probably a, not huge, but very vital missing bit. So, if we're going to pay some attention in the days that we've got before it's due to adopt and hand in, to anything, I would strongly suggest that we do that. Okay?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, exactly. I want to put that into the AIs so that I don't forget. Did I not see somebody else's hand? Was it Alan?

ALAN GREENBERG: It's Alan. You saw my hand up, but Cheryl said what I was going to say.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, great. Cool. Yes, and I must admit that I wasn't thinking of that at the time. I was just getting a whole lot of ideas, but perfect. That's exactly the sort of thing that I need, and we need, to ensure that we mention the ARIWG in particular, and if we need to, ATLAS, anything that we're proposing for ATLAS as well, because they are our two goals, they are the two main goals for us with within that FY20 period, anyway.

Thank you. So, one of the things, though, I concentrated on the projects and what was important there. But we do need to actually also make some comment about the operating plan, the plan itself. So, what we've got at the moment, it's all about us, but I think that if there is a comment to be made about the actual plan, proposed plan, and how it

might impact on At-Large or whatever, if we could [have some comments to that.] I was going to leave that bit to Tijani because that's his area of strength.

But, if we can actually have even just an overarching comment in that too, that would be really good. Is there anything else that anyone would like to add with regards to...? I think that if everyone in this team was able to have ... It's actually in the Google Doc, it doesn't actually look too long. Thank goodness. If you would like to go through it and just add some comments that actually helps us to perhaps emphasize areas, the ARIWG association with this is really important. So, if you're working on a section in regards to the review ... It's that kind of comment. We just want it to be relevant to what it is that we're doing within At-Large during that financial period. I would like to think that if we put up a good enough argument, that if we ask for anything, we might be able to get some support for it.

So, is there anyone else who would like to ask...? Oh no, I know you want to get back and read the document. Okay, that's fine. We'll go with that idea. Thank you. Okay, so that's going to give us a bit of time to get some extra bits and pieces into that discussion. Now I don't see Judith, because she actually put her name forward to do some work on this, on this area about the two-year planning. I'm just checking. No, there's been nothing. So, again, we might use the Wiki space to start off with, but if there's any comments that people want to say about this two-year planning process.

I think I made a comment. But, I thought it that was just basically procrastinating by expanding time frame, but I think I got shut down by

Cheryl over that one. Fortunately, I didn't put it in writing. So, we do need to have at least some ... Oh, thank you, Ricardo, but we do need to have some statement up. So, can you please keep your eyes peeled on that, and if you have any comments on that particular area, it would be really valuable.

Well, on the Wiki, there are no thoughts on that as yet, Cheryl, and Judith hasn't put anything up. Claudia has mentioned that my headset could be ... I'm not getting very clear. But here, it has been pelting for about the last 20 hours. At one stage, with the one o'clock meeting that I attended with EURALO, I didn't even have Internet. Fortunately, I had the Phone Bridge, which meant that I was actually able to participate in the meeting itself by butting in, as people do when they're on the Phone Bridge only.

My ISP captured my plea at 1:00 in the morning and made sure I at least had Internet for this morning's meeting, so I hope you can hear me. Right, so I think Cheryl and Marita are typing. No other comment? Okay. Thank you, Marita. Let's look at what we can help Judith along with, and put some comments. Ricardo, you can actually put your comment straight into that document. At least it would give us a start on the thing, and it's due 20th of February. That's a bit down the track, so we should be okay. But, I think that if we could just get people to start putting the comments in there, it will make it so much easier for others to add their piece on something that may not have been mentioned yet or whatever. No other comments? Thank you, Ricardo. That'd be great.

Okay, so really and truly, when I'm talking the next steps for us, the ABRs are going to go through and we'll get them all ready for

presentation tomorrow. I don't know. I think it's our tomorrow, isn't it, Heidi, for us who are way behind the people that are in Australia and that, who are already onto Friday or whatever.

So, we need to actually get that done, and then we can concentrate, if at all possible, on the FY20 especially because that's due ... FY20, when is that due? I think it's due earlier. I took it off, took it down. Okay, sorry, talking to myself. Are there any other questions or queries, anything to do with what it is that we're here for? Oh, no. You can't even have a holiday. Sorry. Okay. Tijani.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

Thank you very much, Maureen. May I suggest that we fix a deadline to finalize our comments so that we start the [ratification] by ALAC? So, I think that 1st of February would be good that we have the final comment on the budget, if you agree on that.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yes. Well, as Evin has pointed out, the FY20 budget comment finishes on the 8th. So, if we can give people an extra week to add in their comments so that it gives us time to put the comments into some sort of order and have it ready for final presentation through the ALAC for their consideration before it goes to the vote. So, we do need to get some ... There's a lot of work that needs to be done, and as I said, we're looking at the actual operating plan and how it impacts on us as we're going to include the arguments for the support of the sorts of things that we want to do in relation to ARIWG and ATLAS.

So, getting that done is fine, but we need some big picture. It would be good to get some big picture statements. So, something in that line would be excellent. And also, as I say, that comment on that two-year planning consultation. So, if there's nothing that people want to actually discuss now, there are action items, and I think that we all have a part to play in making sure that we do put something that can be taken to the CPWG for final consultation before we close it off and send it away.

That's not what I asked for, but I think just getting Cheryl's name, and to just make sure that we focus in on what you said, Cheryl. Any other questions or queries, or can I close this meeting early? Alan's going to have the last the word. Yes, close early. Great. Thank you. And I know that you're all rushing away to actually get back to that Google Doc and get some comments.

Thank you very much, and have a good rest of the day. It's the early morning for me, as you can hear, and I've got a pretty busy day of meetings myself, real meetings with people in front of me sort of meetings. So, thank you very much for coming along, and I look forward to seeing your comments on the Google Doc and others. So, thank you very much everyone, and goodbye.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Bye-bye.

EVIN ERDOGDU: Thank you. Bye-bye.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Thank you all for joining this call. This meeting has now adjourned.
Please remember to disconnect your lines. Thank you.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]