
ANDREA GLANDON: Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening. Welcome to the ICANN64 Planning Committee Call, held on Tuesday, the 15th of January, 2019, at 16:00 UTC. On today's call we have Maureen Hilyard, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Daniel Nanghaka, Joanna Kulesza, Marita Moll, and Humberto Carrasco. We do have apologies noted from Hadia Elminiawi.

From Staff, we have Heidi Ullrich, Gisella Gruber, Silvia Vivanco, and myself, Andrea Glandon on call management. I would like to remind everyone to state your name before speaking for transcription purposes and to please mute your microphones and telephones when not needed, to cut down on the background noise. Thank you, and over to you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you. I'm sorry if you get a whole lot of background noise when I'm on. Welcome everyone, it's great to have some people on board and. We really do need to get going with some of the topic for the working sessions. It's sort of like an agenda from the last meeting because we are getting pretty close to the due date. Sorry, Gisella, what is that date again, that you have to get those things to Tanzania?

GISELLA GRUBER: This is Gisella, the first date will be the end of this week to submit the meeting forms. As I said, we will still be able to change the cycles and the description of the meetings, but to get the meeting forms in, as I explained in the last call, I will be submitting them, as I've put them on

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

the form which is At-Large Leadership Working Session Part II, and as soon as we have more detail and depending on how you wish to label them, I can then change them in the system. And I'll give you the final deadline very shortly.

We have a production call with the Meetings Team on Thursday, the 17th of January and we will an update on the HIT Cross Community Sessions then, as well, and then we will be able to decide which sessions, if we have any sessions running against the HIT Cross Community Sessions, depending on the final topic. And we will also know whether any of the production dates have changed, just due to the lateness of the topics being finalized.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Alright, thank you very much. Okay, so the end of this week to get those meeting forms in is really, really important. Now, with the meeting forms, what is the actual process? Like, if people want to submit something, that should come through here, of course, but do they provide you with the information, I mean, is there a standard set of information that you require that they've got to deliver, so that we can actually let everybody know exactly what you require by the end of this week?

GISELLA GRUBER:

Maureen, thank you, it's Gisella. What I require by the end of this week is for us to run through the draft schedule that I have up on the screen, which has been slightly tweaked with option to the joint outreach session and with forms for the GNSO associations, as well, to point

those out. As it stands now if everyone is in agreement with what we've put as the At-Large Leadership Working Sessions, just to slot those in, I have sufficient information to submit the forms, as I will be submitting them as per the names on the schedule, and for all the sessions we will be requesting French and Spanish interpretation. They will be held in our main ALAC room.

So on my side it's good, it's just after the end of this week once we have submitted the forms, we need to work swiftly on submitting the correct title that you want, because this has been an ongoing suggestion from the At-Large community to have a little bit more indication in the titles on what we're dealing with, so I think everyone is aware of that.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Alright, okay, so you can submit it as you've got it here and we can change the titles as they're finalized.

GISELLA GRUBER: Correct.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Alright, that's good. That makes me feel a bit better, although we still need to chase people out, because we're just getting lots of ideas, you know, meeting with these people, and that, but we're not getting anything, you know, something practical that we can actually use in our own planning. So that's great. Okay, so I was just going through the list of things that's on the meeting, the ICANN64 suggested topics and groups to meet with page, and if everyone has access to that, I was just

looking through that page and noticed where we were at for the suggestions that have actually been made.

And just going through them, the compliance session, which we've already made contact with Jamie Hedlund and working on a workshop for that, and that should be 50 minutes, and we've actually got a day and time for that, which is good. I still need to be some confirmation from Daniel, and I guess it's sort of like just naming a day and time, Daniel, for the actual meeting, which will be the formal outreach and engagement meeting, I'm assuming. It's different from the outreach and engagement workshop which includes the visitors that are going to be coming to discuss their role within outreach and engagement in the RALOs. Do you have any other information to provide about those two sessions, Daniel?

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Currently, it's still the session for NPOC and At-Large is still going to happen and we had some input coming in and also an agenda has been drafted, a temporary agenda. And then also another session that is going to [inaudible] which is also going on, and with that, that will happen [inaudible] we're going to be having the ICANN [inaudible]. Apart from that, there is also another session I think that will be happening, I'm not yet sure, I think we've always been [inaudible] probably will happen, [inaudible] NCUC and At-Large.

So those are the current sessions that most likely are going to affect the chair. Also, the good thing is that already there is good documentation or description for each of the respective sessions, so I think what we'll

do, we'll probably be nominating [inaudible] so we can have it uploaded. Thank you. Back to you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Daniel. Yeah, just get something sort of finalized and try and look at choosing some sort of like day and time including those things, and also if we can all have a look at what's involved, so that we can keep it within the timeframe. Okay, the next one, Heidi, that's all set up. We've actually got a day and time for that. Any other updates on that one, Heidi, about David's workshop? Is there anything we need?

HEIDI ULLRICH: I'm going to let him know that you will be the lead for that, and then we will need a set of calls likely in the next week or so, just to move that forward.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: But everything else is moving forward in terms of the contracts and all that is good.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, good, good. The next one was having Keith Drazek, he can give us 30 minutes. I think Gisella is working on a day and time for that one, but it would be, I'm not quite sure how we'll organize it, because we've

only got 30 minutes of his time, and I'd like him to be able to introduce himself and stuff, but we can actually hold our own discussion about some of those GNSO issues either before he comes or something like that. As long as he has got an idea, if we're going to ask him questions, as long as he's got an idea of what those questions are before he arrives, which I think is fair enough.

So, I think once we find out when he's available to come, then we'll work with Cheryl and see what we can do. Marita and Holly have come up with a couple of questions, but we want to be able to work those in so they can actually make a meaningful session for us, as well as Keith here. So, that's something that we can work on once we get that day and time, and what sort of time we've got around it to construct something. Cheryl, you've got your hand up, thank you.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR:

Yes, I've got my hand up. I'm happy to work with the questions, whatever the questions ALAC decide upon and ensure that Keith's time is valuably utilized by us, I'm not suggesting his time is more valuable than ours, but rather that we get value out of the time he is able to give us. And to that matter, I'm quite confident, having worked with Keith over the years, is that I could have, if possible, if you've got your questions all sorted well in advance, I can give him a background briefing so he understands the perspectives and more importantly, perhaps than the perspectives, the level of understanding or involvement in the issues.

Sometimes we come up with questions of, dare I say it, astounding naivety, one of the banes of my existence, but anyway, and to be honest, it makes us look bloody stupid. So, if we can do two things, make sure that our questions are meaningful and not based on assumptions that with half an hour's research over a cup of coffee or tea, we would be able to find out for ourselves, or we get to the nitty gritty, and to that end, I'm happy to bring him up to speed on our perspective. In my working with Keith over the years, he is an excellent manager, an excellent thinker, and excellent presenter, and would like to do a good job in that 30 minutes he has with us. So, I'm sure he will happy to work with me.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Brilliant, brilliant, that sounds just great. Okay, so, we'll work on, once you've found out when he is actually available, we can work around that, yeah, that will be fine. Gisella, we'll just go to you first, if it's somewhat process wise.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Maureen, thank you, this is Gisella. Just coming back to Keith Drazek, we're working on 30 minutes, and then also, while I've got the floor, 30 minutes for the SSAC, also a work in progress. I just wanted to come back to the outreach sessions. Should that be now on the options, or should we leave that for another part of the meeting. It's just I've been in discussion with the staff support, and so I've got three options to suggest, but happy to do that later.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, if you wouldn't mind, and I'll take Marita, in case it's something to do with the GNSO. Thank you. Just jump in, though, later on, Gisella. Marita?

MARITA MOLL: Yeah, Marita Moll speaking, no it's not to do with the GNSO. I had a question, we can just send that to Cheryl, if you want. My issue here is a possible chat about the strategic plan. Now Cheryl says yes, there's going to be general sessions about it, true enough, but that really wasn't what I was suggesting.

I was wanting to ask our group what we thought about it and how we would like to see it evolving. Especially on the multistakeholder process issue, because if we don't jump in there and have some proposals that we've actually discussed. Well, you know, that's the whole thing with the strategic plan, people have to get in there and talk about it. If they're going to have the general sessions, we're not going to really be able to get our point across in there if we haven't got it nailed down first.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Exactly, exactly. And if you have a look at the list, it was one of the things I added, like we have an ALAC workshop, we have a chance to talk about it. And I think that one of the things that was an advantage I saw at the last meeting, when we as a team discussed the issues and everyone raised their points and things, and it actually made for the followup meeting a lot more, it sounded like everyone was on the same page. And is Sarah's and Alex's perspective on a particular issue, I think

that's got to come through, and we've got to have those discussions beforehand. So, I put it in there for those very reasons that you're discussing. So, yes, and giving it a 90 minute slot, too. But it would be a good time to get together and discuss particular issues related to the plan, so that when we're in those public sessions, that we've got something to contribute, as well, as Cheryl has confirmed there. Okay, so we would go to the list.

The NCSG NCUC session with Olivier and Tatiana, is that actually happening now? I haven't actually heard anything as to what has been suggested. Gisella, do you have any update on that one? Has anyone been in touch with you about that?

GISELLA GRUBER:

Maureen, thank you, this is Gisella. Yes, I have been added to the email thread to find a suitable date and time. I've been working with Maryam Bakoshi who supports the NCSG and we have come up with options which I have added to the draft schedule that I sent out. All options do have conflict, which is something that is unavoidable at an ICANN meeting. I have also spoken today in person, as we're in Brussels for a meeting, and I have spoken Sarah Deutsch and also to Adam Leiter, and the three options that we've come up with, I was asked to get what worked well, a 60 minute session and a 90 minute session with a break in between.

So we've done our best in identifying sessions and I haven't submitted this yet to the email thread, neither to Tatiana nor to Olivier. This is still very much a work in progress. The options that we've identified are for

Saturday morning. There will be six NCSG members on the ePDP noting that the whole of Saturday is for the ePDP, as well as other groups as well. Sunday morning from 9 to 12, that would conflict with the NPOC Policy committee meeting and the fellows' newcomer day. Oh, sorry, on Saturday, I meant to say that the fellows have their meet and greet from 9 to 11, so they could potentially join us for the last hour.

On Sunday, the fellows are busy all day. On Wednesday we found a slot which would be for the lunch sessions, as well as the first afternoon session, and that would be subject to funding for the lunch which we're current working on. The GNSO have their council meeting during the lunch from 1 to 3, but Maryam was telling me that in the past they had overlap with the GNSO council sessions, so this could still be an option, and the fellows and newcomers are completely free to join us. So, those are current the three slots that we're looking at, and we have been on our draft schedule and you can also see what they conflict with before At-Large. The Wednesday conflict would be with AFRALO AFICAN meeting, but we don't have any ALAC session per se.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Great, okay. So, from what we've actually got at the moment, you can see that we'll be able to set things in, as the expert on slotting sessions, do you think it's looking doable?

GISELLA GRUBER:

This is Gisella again. I think it would be doable. Just to respond to Heidi's question, is there are a time that would lead right into the fellows reception, unfortunately there isn't. The fellows reception will

be on Saturday and we're invited to attend the fellows social event. The most suitable at this stage would be Wednesday, but as I said, I think we can make this work, I just have to reach out to Tatiana, Olivier, and other people in the email thread to suggest these times to them, and overlying I will be submitting the meeting form and dealing with logistics. So, I will keep you posted.

HEIDI ULLRICH: If I may?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, Heidi.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you Maureen. Gisella, what time on Wednesday are we thinking about? I'm just trying to find a time where we could do it right next to some sort of networking reception. Could it be Wednesday afternoon?

GISELLA GRUBER: Heidi, this is Gisella. Wednesday afternoon we can't have it. The NCSG has the finance committee in the afternoon.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Sorry, Gisella, would that involving all of NCSG, or is that just their little finance committee? If it's half a dozen people, that's slightly different than if it's 60, you know what I mean? Just wondering.

GISELLA GRUBER: Cheryl, this is Gisella. As I said, I went through with the staff support. I don't know the ins and outs of their meeting, and from what the staff support identified, we have a 60 and a 90 minute session, we've identified the best possible time. Again, I will submit this to them and also to see if Wednesday afternoon would be possible, even if that would be against the finance committee, and see what they say, because they do have access to their schedule so they should be able to say whether there is any major conflict. But at this stage we were looking for a time that would potentially work for everyone.

MAUREEN HILYARD: And so is this working with the ESG, including all those groups. And were you saying to use both the 90 minute and the 60 minute session for this particular activity?

GISELLA GRUBER: Maureen, this is Gisella. Olivier and Tatiana thought that the 60 minute and 90 minute slots with a break in between worked well.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Well, if we could do it then, that would be ideal, I would say. And as Heidi says, if it would go into a social event, so I mean, yes, you just have to do what you can do. Surely their finance meeting won't be taking the two slots, will it? You work that out. Okay, that's fine. Alright, just going back to our list. The [inaudible] ATLAS 3 updates. I thought if we could do an introduction, like finding out when this group

that usually comes to visit us is going to arrive, if they want to hear, they can either come early and be part of the update, but it depends on what their time commitments are.

But I thought that would be a suitable time, because no doubt Leon would be there anyway. But it would be a good time at those sessions that information is updated for everyone before the main event, the presentations from the throne kind of thing. So that is something that we also have to work on in relation to when both sides are available and we'd have a priority with regard to when they are going to be available. So, I'm leaving that up to Heidi to sort out a time for that.

With Jonathan's group sessions, I think what we do is put everything in that requires any outsiders attending, so that we're not conflicting with their schedule, if at all possible, and I'm sure that Jonathan will be able to slot in his sessions, and I see Heidi has already given us some ideas of the sorts of things that he wants to include. So I feel that he would be flexible as to when he actually does that.

Going back to Cheryl's question about feedback on those sorts of activities, I have actually an ALAC -- I'm also very keen on getting feedback, and I think it's related to a suggestion that Jonathan made, that anyone who represents At-Large or the ALAC in any role, sort of like a formal role, Mohamed and Jean-Jacques, those sorts of people who actually have a liaison role, sort of like a formal one, they actually provide us an update, everyone, about what is happening. And of course the [inaudible] is a new group, so it would be really good for people to actually get to hear what's happening in that area.

So I'm assuming that we will, again, it's one of those I've added to the group of sessions at the bottom, another specific ALAC meeting, it's all based on how we actually are interacting with the rest of the ICANN community. So, we've got our GAC session organized, the CCNSO, we just have to get some more topics organized and get something from them, I guess. I've had feedback from Fred and from Rod, and again Gisella is the one has got to organize some time when they can come to do their sessions with us.

One of the things, I've been having lots of discussions with Renalia about various things, and we'll probably include it into one of the ALAC meetings, to reintroduce to our community for those that didn't get an opportunity to meet with Renalia, but in her new role, and she can explain what that role is. I'm not quite sure outside of our At-Large activities, what Renalia has actually got in place for perhaps meeting with the ISOC chapters or anything like that. So, that's something else I need to discuss with her.

The RALO chairs are having a little discussion at the moment about their development session, they're still coming up with some ideas, and I know that they're planning on having an informal breakfast session first off, as their little round table, they'll just have a breakfast chat over some things. But then a separate development session, they're getting some ideas together about what they will do. I just need to find out from whoever their boss is, as to how long they want for that particular session.

Okay, so that's my list of things, what people have suggested to me. So I put them to you and that's the status. I'm aware there are other

sessions that need to, for example Joanna had a pretty high level of involvement and Daniel, the actual outreach engagement meeting to talk about the building strategy that they're working on, as well as the outreach and engagement session strategy. So that's going to be an interesting time. Okay, we'll have Heidi first.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Thank you, Maureen. Just a couple of thoughts as I've put into the chat on a few. Would you like to invite Brian Gutterman, he is the staff person leading the registrant rights activities and it was a really interesting session in Barcelona, so that might be one session. Also, I think there was discussion and agreement to invite Finance, so that would be Xavier and his team asking specific questions. And then also, since we missed Goran and David in Barcelona, perhaps invite him, likely not at the wrap up session, maybe some other time, and then also, of course, Leon. So I just wanted to confirm that everyone is in favor of at least some of those.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you. Yeah, if we could add those to the list, I don't know what happened in Barcelona and where I was when Brian did his presentation, but I would be interested in that session. And we can get an update. But there will be new people there, so, as you say, it would be an interesting. Of course, we've got to include Xavier and his team and I'm thinking it be another formal ALAC, sort of like an ALAC meeting type thing. By then, would the FY20 public comment be completed by then?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yes.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Well, anyway, they will receive feedback on any ALAC submission or something like that, so definite, if we could add that. And there was something else that you suggested? But we'll make sure we'll have those included.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yep, I saw the hand, Cheryl, thank you, your turn.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: It was about finance. In your timing with any sort of meeting with finance, and indeed, with your design of exactly what is going to happen or what's going to be talked about during such an interaction, can you just be aware of, and I'm not of aware of, when finance department is actually having any of their public sessions? Because if we're going to be doing updates to the community, why not take advantage of their public sessions for updating type stuff, rather than duplicative road show type things that seem to go on, as well.

Then, any time you've got with them can be specifically designed with a drill down to particular issues. You don't want to be standing at a

microphone at a public session going, why didn't APRALOs, 11th APR, you know what I mean, not get through, et cetera. That's not what you should be doing in a public forum. So then all the general updating to be done publicly, and then having what time you've got with Xavier and his team, looking at where did we go wrong, how can we do better next year, what should we have done to ensure it was more tightly linked into the strat plan, or whatever. Anyway, that's just mine, I still dream for efficiency.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

So do we all. That would be fantastic, and I totally agree. I guess the sessions, yeah, because I think that it would be really good if we could actually have a time with the finance team, sort of like around about the time of the public sessions, because I'm sure, I mean they normally have a couple, they did in Puerto Rico, they had a couple I thought were really interesting. Even if we have had our session and as you say, our session for us needs to be about us. So, if people want to actually find out about finance, like what they're doing, they need to go and to their public sessions, but if we could make sure that our session specifically deals with questions that people want to ask.

I just wanted to mention to Heidi, I had concluded and had put David's name down, but we need to include him in that group, as well, so they're available to discuss those things that are important to them, which of course would be the [inaudible] and the ATLAS updates. Gisella, your hand is still up. Oh okay. Are there any other questions, queries, or additional things, like we're adding some bits and pieces

already, which is good. For example, Heidi, I think you said you were going to contact Maggie to ask her about the compliance?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, I'll just send a courtesy invite once we have a time noted for David.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Wednesday, 10:00

HEIDI ULLRICH: Wednesday, 10:00 okay.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, any other questions, queries, or anything that anybody has got?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: I think we agreed last time that we would hold the subcommittee in outreach and engagement session with the GNSO in a type of working session, is that correct? That was going to be on Saturday, I thought.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Daniel for the record speaking. I think it's okay to have a session on Saturday.

MAUREEN HILYARD: When you say the GNSO.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Sorry, GSE. I'm just recalling the discussion that we had with Sally in Barcelona and then we also had the followup session, and that was a much different format with the GSE than we have had in the past. Given that the ePDP is going to be on Saturday, then Saturday afternoon seems to be a good time for a longer workshop session with the GSE.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, I think that for example, we've got a whole lot of people that are wanting to be involved in the outreach and engagement workshop. That's the second session, and that might have to be for 90 minutes, I originally had it for 60, but then as more people were joining in. I felt it would be a good time for the GSE to be there when other partners are discussing their involvement with the RALOs, because it will give them an opportunity to see how the sorts of things that they're planning can actually contribute to the other involvements that RALOs are beginning to include into their programs.

For example, the RIRs is something that came up and some RIRs are very involved in what's happening in their community and actually have hands on involvement. And then there are RALOs that are at the opposite end of the spectrum, where RIR really doesn't want to know them at all. So what we've been discussing with one particular group is to see if they can reach out and see if someone is available from an RIR that might want to come and just explain to everyone else how they actually work for the community.

So that's something, there is the workshop. I see the outreach and engagement meeting as being the formalities of the strategic planning, the processes, and there might be some kind of feedback from the different working groups. But in the workshop, I see that as being the opportunity for an engagement of the partners, so that everyone can hear what can actually make RALOs more inclusive, a little bit more healthy, I think, despite having a good relationship with their partner groups.

So, yes, that is actually already sort of like being considered. But I guess it's sort of like working with Daniel and the team and just making sure that the planning of the program is such that people don't have to necessarily be there the whole time because a 90 minute session could be quite a big chunk of someone's time at a meeting. So we just need to be very clear about when people will be replying.

In this particular session, the GSE [inaudible] integral to what -- because as you say, it's what I discussed with Sally in Paris was the fact that the GSE needs to see what's happening in the RALOs, the big picture, especially for those that aren't actually talking to each other as much as others are doing. So, yes, it's to build the relationship.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Maureen, this is Heidi. Just a couple of questions to clarify. I'm hearing that you would like both a formal outreach and engagement meeting which will focus on the formality of strategic planning and hear feedback from the members, et cetera, and then an outreach and engagement workshop to which we would invite GSE members, and

that's going to be working on how to have better collaboration, et cetera. Is that correct?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Mm-hmm, mm-hmm.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Are you looking at the topic sheet?

HEIDI ULLRICH: No, sorry, that's why I'm asking all these questions.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Because that's actually sort of pretty clearly identified on that topic sheet.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Andrea, could you display that, please?

ANDREA GLANDON: The topic sheet, it's in the --

HEIDI ULLRICH: I'm sorry, okay, I thought these were action items. So then another question, I did hear yesterday on the NARALO call that Judith was

mentioning about this RIR and At-Large session. When would you like that scheduled?

MAUREEN HILYARD: We're trying to find a place for it. At one stage they were looking, because NARALO has this issue, they wanted to make it more specific. So I'm actually including into the workshop to make it that those who want to participate, can. We can't make them come, and so that's how we're going to work it into the workshop.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, I'm still looking at your notes, okay, I understand, thank you. But now you're saying that the workshop should be 90 minutes, not 60 mentioned like you've mentioned, right?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, because we're sort of like including, I mean, I was just looking at the Skype chat that Daniel and his team were discussing before. So we just need to make sure that they have enough time. So 60 minutes may be a little bit tight.

HEIDI ULLRICH: And then for the formal meeting, also 90 minutes, is that right?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, because I want people to actually be able to talk about the strategies and making sure that they're on board with everything that's going on.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, and for that workshop, when you're inviting the RIR reps and the GSE, et cetera, did you want them to be part of that workshop and would that include flip charts? What are you thinking for that format?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, I know that for example with the RIRs there's actually a group, Alberto has been talking to, it was raised at a meeting with them. They are supposed to be, I know that Liana, for example, is going to be talking to Paul, and they can work out themselves, like the RIRs, they can work out for themselves what they need. And so they're going to have to let us know how they're going to coordinate it and organize it.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, so I'm hearing Cheryl, Cheryl are you whispering in my ear, I don't know, my thought for this workshop, did we want to invite the RIR reps for the entire session?

MAUREEN HILYARD: No, that's what I'm saying. At the moment all we're doing, people are just sort of like wanting to be involved in it or people are wanting others to be involved in it. So at the moment there's nothing being planned as to what specifically how it's going to happen. So it's still being worked

on. And when we finally finish, is this the group, is the team that we're going to be working with, and then we have to -- I mean, as it is, the inclusion of the RIRs means that we're going to have to actually extend the time. But how it actually happens hasn't actually been completely resolved yet.

Joanna is new into this as well, because the whole thing is -- like, I mean [inaudible] is part and parcel of it. So she and Alfredo are going to be involved in the planning of this, as well. It's sort of grown since what the original work plan was going to be for the workshop. Whether they're on separate days or on the same day really just depends on the scheduling of everything else that happens, and in fact it wouldn't be too bad to have it on separate days. They're two completely different types of things. It just depends what's available.

And I think too, it really does highlight those people who are organizing things. And it's good that gives a connection to those place holders and that ICANN is flexible enough to allow us to be able to make those changes to the titles and to the select content over the intervening period, beginning of February, I guess. So we can actually get something more constructive going. Once it's set in place and people know that they've got to get things up and running. I'm quite comfortable with what's being planned. I think that we can all help people organize themselves for those sessions.

Cheryl and Keith who will coordinate that information to ensure that Keith feels comfortable with what's going to be happening and that Cheryl has some input into how that session is going to pan out so that everybody feels comfortable with the result. So, yeah, does that sound

okay? No other questions or queries? Will we be able to finish on time? Nothing else? Going, going, great.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Sorry, one more item. We've heard from the meeting team their thoughts, and this is more for Daniel, as well, this issue. We've reached out to the meeting team about the At-Large booths, and what we're hearing is that they would like to try a new approach, and that is to have the SOs and ACs sign up for outreach time at the ICANN booth. At-Large staff have discussed this, and what we thought we would ask for is that yes, we can certainly have them try that, but given that the At-Large table or booth is sort of like a meeting point, that we would still like to have at least a table. What are your thoughts on that?

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

I think it's a brilliant idea, because we have seen minimal participation, or maybe people coming to the booth. And then you also have a session directly happening, I think it will be great. So which of those sessions are able to attract delegates. So I think we shall have to think over that and then we can have a very good session.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

I think it's a great idea and I know that Ali is actually organizing the At-Large booth on behalf of outreach and engagement in APRALO region. I think too we've got to have a white board there, or something, where we can actually say, you know, to actually select highlight and left

people know who is going to be there and white time they're going to be there, that kind of thing.

So we actually do get people saying, well there's actually something happening here, and it's come along. I think too often we're just expecting people to roll up. And if we're going to invite people to come, it's important that others know about it. So if we can get a white board or something to be able to advertise that fact, that would be really good.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Okay, Maureen, just to confirm, you would like us to go back to the meeting team and say we'll try the SO/AC sign up for the ICANN booth, but we would also like to have an At-Large table at a minimum. Is that what you're saying?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yeah, I think it's important, I mean, that's the whole point of the At-Large booth. I think it would be really good if we make it so that the At-Large booth has a strong presence at each of these meetings, so that when they attend other events that presence is actually expected and people know what it involves. And of course the banners will be there, won't they?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yeah, that's it. So, Daniel, I'm not quite sure what your comment is saying. It looks like you want to have activities at the ICANN booth, is that what you're saying?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Oh I see, so are you saying that the SOs and ACs are going to go to the ICANN both?

HEIDI ULLRICH: There's going to be a sign up. What Tanzania has said is that they're going to try this time to have the SOs and ACs sign up to do outreach at the ICANN booth. I don't know if that means if the NCSG is at the booth, that means that At-Large cannot be at the booth at that time, I can find out.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I think that we often have sort of like tried to have the At-Large booth close to the ICANN both. We did try that and I don't know what happened. The At-Large is going to be coordinated by APRALO and so I think if we can, it would be really good to sort of like have them close together if at all possible. But there definitely needs to be a separate At-Large group. So if we can actually be close by and also be signaling that there are visitors coming to the ICANN booth, even, or that the RALO Chairs will be available, there's got to be something that actually draws people to the booth area. Daniel can raise that. I guess it's sort of like positioning.

I just thought it was really interesting in Barcelona, the ICANN booth was way on the other side of the little area that At-Large group was stuck in the middle of nowhere. And yet they really could have been together and working in collaboration with each other, we were the

only two groups that had groups and yet were completely separate. So I think we need to make some changes there. And looking at the system, it's all part and parcel of it. Progress, I know, it's going to happen, you'd try.

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: We can't but try, my friend, we can't but try.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Exactly. That's something to continue to work on, that will be great. So I have to lead it up to Heidi and Gisella to talk to Tanzania to help our process by the booths being closer to be the main event ICANN booth. Right, okay, so now we're overtime, sorry. So if there are no other questions or queries, I thank everyone for turning up today. I think we're making progress and we've got to get people to hurry along with getting some more formal planning done, and we'll start slotting some things into the program. Are we going to have another meeting next week?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Yes, please.

GISELLA GRUBER: I think that we should definitely be doing this weekly until we have the schedule finalized. So that means for the next three weeks.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Cheryl?

CHERYL LANGDON-ORR: Well I guess it sounds like a plan, weekly meeting, I don't think we can avoid it.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, we have to do it. Thank you.

ANDREA GLANDON: Thank you, this concludes today's conference. Please remember to disconnect all lines, and have a wonderful rest of your day.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]