

---

ANDREA GLANDON: We will now officially start the recording of today's conference call. Good morning, good afternoon and good evening. Welcome to the EURALO monthly teleconference on Tuesday the 22<sup>nd</sup> of January, 2019 at 19:00 UTC. For today we do have apologies noted from Annette Muehlberg, Anne-Marie Joly-Bachollet, Sandra Hoferichter, Erich Schweighofer and Roberto Gaetano.

On today's call, we have Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Joanna Kulesza, Lianna Galstyan, Lousewies van der Laan, Matthias Hudobnik, Maureen Hilyard, Natalia Filina, Okasana Prykhodko, Salve Nilsen, Sebastien Bachollet and Wale Bakare. From staff we have Silvia Vivanco, Heidi Ullrich and myself, Andrea Glandon on call management.

I would like to remind everyone to please state your name before speaking for transcription purposes. Please keep your phones and microphones on mute when not speaking to avoid any background noise. Thank you, and over to you, Olivier.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Andrea. Olivier Crepin-Leblond. Andrea, sorry. What am I saying? Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking, and welcome everyone to this EURALO monthly call. Have we missed anyone in the roll call? It doesn't look like it.

WALE BAKARE: Olivier?

---

*Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.*

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, sorry. Who is this?

WALE BAKARE: This is Wale. I'm testing my --

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Ah, Wale. Welcome, Wale. So now we can hear you. That's great. Yes, we can. Excellent. So welcome, everybody, to this call. It's going to be reviewing the pending action items; I have not many of these. We'll have a review of the ALAC public consultation per usual. And then afterwards, we'll just go through the -- I think a last go at looking at the Hot Topics for 2018. A couple of things maybe might need to be added to this. The EURALO bylaws task force, we had a number of responses in the last call. And now I guess we just have to look at them and say, "Are they ready to proceed forward with having a final copy and then adopting it?"

We will have a very quick look at the results of our fiscal year FY20 additional budget requests. Then ATLAS III of these and finally in any other business, we will have Mathias, who will speak to us about this request that RALO is putting together for pop-up banners. Also, we'll be looking at a discretionary funding request, of course, about travel to the CENTR annual general meeting in Bordeaux. And I also have received a note from Jean-Jacques Subrenat who has asked to be able to speak a little bit about President Macron's speech at the IGF 2018 in Paris.

---

So that's the additional AOB that we have. Any other additional AOB, or are there any other changes to the agenda needed? I'm not seeing anybody put their hand up, so the agenda is adopted as it is currently on your screen, plus the additional items that I've mentioned. And we can go swiftly on to the first item on our agenda, that's the action items from the call. And there were three of them --

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Sorry, Olivier. Sebastien. I was late to raise my hand.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, Sebastien. Please raise your hand. Well, you have your hand raised; let's hear from you. Sebastien Bachollet.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yeah. I'm sorry, Olivier, to be late. Sebastien Bachollet speaking. Any other business, if we can have a few words about ATRT 3 that would be great. Thank you very much.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, thanks for this, Sebastien. Olivier speaking. We'll add ATRT 3 as well. That means we do need to go swiftly through our agenda in the early parts of this call. And the first thing is the action items; there were three of them. I understand that Roberto is still working on the EURALO Hot Topics, Google Doc for universal acceptance. That will be added later; probably we can review this during the next call because Roberto did submit his apologies for this call. We have a second action item,

---

which was for Jean-Jacques Subrenat to send a note to the EURALO board on the proposed formulation for item six in the Hot Topics.

Now, the Hot Topics we'll speak about in a second. And I know that Jean-Jacques is here, so perhaps we'll be able to discuss this shortly. And thirdly, we wanted to continue discussions on FY20 EURALO proposals via the mailing list and that's of course been done, and we will be covering in a moment, a bit later on the call, whether we have managed to succeed in those requests.

I can't see any hands up so we can move swiftly to the next agenda item, and that's the policy work. And the ALAC public consultations, there are a number of public consultations currently ongoing, should we say. There's one that's from the voting that's reached vote levels, the Work Track 5 on geographic name that the top level supplement or sub-level domains. Supplemental initial report of the new gTLD subsequent procedures policy development process. I'm happy they kept the titles short and manageable. There's been a very good statement drafted by Marita Moll, Justine Chew and Yrjo Lansipuro. Lots of discussion about it. Yesterday Marita and Justine went into a little bit of description on what this entitles. Because it's at voting level, it's no real use discussing it here. But if you're interested in what was finally decided, then please do click on this topic.

The next one is the drafting, with a deadline of the 8<sup>th</sup> of February, is the draft Fiscal Year 20 operating plan and budget and five-year operating plan update. Maureen Hilyard, the ALAC chair and Tijani Ben Jemaa, who is traditionally in charge of anything to do with the Finance and Budget subcommittee, are drafting something of the moment. I can

---

hear myself. Thank you. And next is the ICANN strategic plan for fiscal years 2021 to 2025. So that might seem far away, but we are in 2019, this is going very quickly indeed. The deadline for this is 11<sup>th</sup> of February. Marita is in charge of putting together a first draft. By the way, you have the name of the assignee on all of these, just if you are interested in taking part in the drafting. First, you can put your comments on the page; it's linked from the agenda. But secondly, obviously you can contact Marita directly and discuss the matter with her.

So we've got the strategic plan for FY 2021 to 2025. We've got an updated operating standards for specific reviews. That's all of the different reviews that take place in ICANN. Greg Shatan and Jonathan Zuck have volunteered to hold the penalties. Not much at the moment yet written down. And then finally, there's the consultation on the two-year planning process. And that's, again, a topic which is not really policy again, but it's more organizational. It's interesting because last month we have so many policy issues, and this month it's gone straight into a lot of process. Maybe it's the January process.

Last month there was the application to uniform domain name dispute resolution policy, the UDRP service providers. There was the initial report on the expedited policy development process on the temporary specification for detailing the registration, and that's of course the ePDP dealing with the GDPR compliance. Very, very large topic; very busy, of course, at this time of the year since they're under very tight constraints. And I would suggest that you have a look at the points that were made in there; really an excellent piece of work.

---

And then finally, the supplemental initial report on the new gTLD subsequent procedures, PDP, and that's -- well, subsequent procedures that possibly the next round of new gTLDs. Again, lots of questions that had been asked and Justine Chew picked up the pen and spent, I would imagine, quite a few hours working on this interaction with the community and drafting something which really holds well together.

So that's what we had last month and let's open the floor on the discussions that are on the table this month if anybody has any comments or questions. Wow. So, Olivier speaking still; I'm not hearing any noise or anyone speaking. So it means either I've been dropped from the call or that I've put everyone to sleep or that everyone is satisfied that things are great and there's no need to ask any questions or comments on any of these topics. I'd imagine it's number three; I hope it's number three. Can someone make a noise to let me know if I'm still on the call?

ANDREA GLANDON: We can hear you, Olivier.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Super. Thank you. I'm so delighted, because I didn't feel like re-saying all the things I just said. So, not needing to repeat myself, that's great. We can swiftly move on to number four. Number four is our Hot Topics document. This is the document, as you know, that we started last year. That should be [inaudible]. Of course, why not? That always helps. So has anybody, by the way, put their hand up? It looks as

---

though my Internet is not working right now, which is always helpful during the call.

ANDREA GLANDON: No hands at this time, Olivier.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: No hands. Okay, thanks. Here we go, the Internet is back up. How wonderful. Very steady Internet connection here in the U.K. EURALO Hot Topics, there is a link to the Google doc. You will notice in there, there's still a number of comments that have been made on some parts of the document. I thought that perhaps we might wish to go through the points which were made, some of the comments that were made there. And I know that some of the people are on the call. There are some comments that are uncontroversial, and there are some others that are slightly more perhaps, or perhaps not. This is just a planning document for ourselves.

We're essentially changing -- scrolling down, we're adding -- so I think Joanna suggested that we should add a bullet point on European uses, both commercial and non-commercial have the most offer in the ongoing global dialogue on GDPR compliance. EURALO might consider increasing its voice in this debate, building upon the European experience and balancing privacy and security. This could be done through both reaching out to ALSes for their experiences in implementing GDPR and by providing expert advice to European and non-European users on the ideology behind Regulation as well as its day-to-day implementing in Europe.

---

This actually sees well with the work that Yrjo Lansipuro's Outreach and Engagement Group has done in finding out or updating the competencies that we have in our ALSes in Europe. I haven't got the link handy, but that actually has a number of At Large structures that are directly involved with GDPR issues, including some that consult in the -- should we say -- in the real world on GDPR issues. So that probably fits well.

Scrolling further down that document, there are some potential changes in number two. So just the title to be changed from CCWG Accountability Work Stream 2 Topics to ICANN Jurisdiction. The comments don't change, and then we're changing the human rights -- we're just basically deleting the preamble and just saying Human Rights, as this is an ongoing issue with some changes to the Human Rights subgroup. Colleen Cur is actually -- from article 19 -- is actually leading the cross-community working party, the ICANN cross-community working party on human rights. So she contributed to this and added points that were made here with an interesting thing in that the CCWG accountability recommendations on human rights are expected to happen in the first half of 2019. So I think it's good to keep that in the document and keep a good watching brief over this specific topic.

Further down, there is a paragraph that was added by Joanna regarding blessing privacy and security with freedom of expression, DNS, AI and fake news. Joanna, do you wish to -- is Joanna still here? Oh, she is here. Yes. Joanna, would you like to say a few words about this? That's the 3.1, 3.2 in the document. Joanna Kulesza, I'm not able to hear you.



---

ANDREA GLANDON: Joanna, it looks like your mic is muted. Now it's open, if you want to try and speak.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Technology is fantastic until it fails.

JOANNA KULESZA: Hello? Yes, can you guys hear me? Hello?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: No, it's Olivier speaking. It sounds as though there is some kind of echo cancellation that is cancelling you out altogether.

JOANNA KULESZA: Okay, no good then.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Hello? Now we can hear you.

JOANNA KULESZA: Is that better? Can you hear me now? Hello?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: You sound like you're very far away, but we can hear you better than before.

---

JOANNA KULESZA: Should I go on or should I get a [inaudible] and we will come back to this? Am I audible?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I can hear you fine.

JOANNA KULESZA: All right. So, I'll go on. Just stop me once you get the sense of the policy. I'll try to be brief. The idea was to try and address issues that are Hot Topics, so to speak. We've have some discussions with the capacity building strategy and I understand that the position you want us to take is one that is strictly related to ICANN core values and core mission. I'm happy to hear your feedback, whether you feel that this is too distant from ICANN's core mission. At the same time, I would suggest that all the topics that I've indicated that having Hot Topics right now in the European region, and they are connected to the work that is being done within and around ICANN.

Since this is a working document, what I've put forward is just a suggestion. I'm happy to follow the guidance of more experienced participants, so if you feel that this is too distant from the core mission, I'm happy to respect that distance. If there's any way, however, that you feel that these topics might help to increase the visibility of the work that is being done, if there's needs to do so, I'm happy to elaborate on that Hot Topic and work on connecting it closer to the core values, which I understand might be need.

---

That would be a very brief introduction from me, indication that you might want to jump on the bandwagon that's going with AI and safety, obliging service providers to filter, to stay active to what they consider content. And I understand that content is information, that is content that might be contrary to local laws or general human life standards, so to speak.

So if we're talking about freedom of expression, human life, there are those few cases where AI is used to block access to particular location. So that is the line of thinking I was trying to present there. I know that we have people in the group who are very much into the topics of BNS regulation, blocking content, disabling access and using algorithm to do so. So I'm happy to rely on your expertise in this issue. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you, Joanna. It's Olivier speaking. I'll open the floor for any comments. Oh, it sounds like it's a very quiet evening for most people here. So I was going to just comment on one thing and a little concern that I do have in that we are being told repeatedly, I think, or on many occasions that ICANN doesn't actually deal with content as such. So what I would suggest is perhaps if we could discuss this on the mailing list as well. I think I understand what you're implying by what is being drafted here, but at the same time I do have concerns that we might be told that we're not within the limits of ICANN on this specifically.

And certainly content is something that is outside the limit as far as we've been told on several occasions. So that's why we should really steer away from content slides, but then perhaps see if that actually has

any implication when it comes down to DNS, when it comes down to the Internet identifiers themselves. And yet some identifiers are actually already content, since you can already get a message to go through using a domain name. So the content of the domain name itself.

I'm not seeing anybody respond or step in regarding this. What I would suggest is we carry this over to the mailing list and see if this is suitable for inclusion. All right. Let's then continue on this. And what I'll do -- let's do an action item. I shall send an email out to the mailing list, specifically about this paragraph. And if you could follow up, please, Joanna, on the mailing list, that would be very helpful.

Moving swiftly further down. Another footnote added by Joanna regarding the EU proposal for a new Copyright Directive offering a new approach to innovation and protection of intellectual property, EURALO's input into the ongoing debate on new economic models for a copyright and intellectual property is more timely than ever. That probably has a good chance of being within the remits of ICANN because we know brands are particularly strong these days on the Internet. And domain names are an integral part of branding.

And then further down there were some inputs from Roberto Gaetano on the Internationalized Domain Name issues, the IDN issues. And I think having read those, they're non-controversial and that's probably quite fine to agree to regarding the issue of IDN being brought up by IDN parents, and as you know, in At Large we've had some workshops regarding IDNs that were presented both in an ICANN environment, but

---

---

also at the Internet Governors Forum. So, possibly a strong topic and a good topic to be involved in.

I'm still seeing no hands, so I'm swiftly moving further down. And there is a note regarding the speech by President Macron. And perhaps -- I know I mentioned earlier, Jean-Jacques Subrenat had been discussing this in the AOB. But if this is listed here as well, perhaps I should ask Jean-Jacques to expand if he could on this topic, so then we don't have to touch it on AOB. Jean-Jacques Subrenat.

WALE BAKARE: Hi, Olivier. This is Wale.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, hello Wale.

WALE BAKARE: Hi, there's been one hand up for a while.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Oh, okay. So it's obvious that my screen has completely frozen thanks to this wonderful Internet connection that I have here; apologies on that. Annette Muehlberg, you have the floor.

ANNETTE MUEHLBERG: Can you hear my now?

---

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I can hear you now, yes. Absolutely. And I gather others can, too.

JEAN-JACQUES SUBRENAT: Hello, this is Jean-Jacques trying the microphone. Can anyone hear me?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: We can hear you now, Jean-Jacques. So let's have Annette Muehlberg first and then you afterwards.

JEAN-JACQUES SUBRENAT: Thank you.

ANNETTE MUEHLBERG: Well, I raised my hand actually to comment on Joanna, and unfortunately you didn't see my hand. For some reason, no one could hear me; I tried to step in. Now you can hear me. That's fine. And actually, I just wanted to thank Joanna for her input and also ask her to give some more practical examples in the ICANN context. So that's actually something that you, Olivier, would also -- if I got it right -- asked for. So I'm fine if we put this on the list, but I definitely wanted to thank Joanna for that, and maybe we can find more practical examples in the ICANN world.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, thanks for this, Annette. We'll follow up on that. And then I note also in the chat that Lousewies van der Laan has added next to the European Parliament vote on the copyright directive, which is another

---

huge topic. Very interesting reading; we might wish to discuss this in a further call. And let's now turn over to Jean-Jacques Subrenat please.

JEAN-JACQUES SUBRENAT: Thank you, Olivier. This is Jean-Jacques Subrenat speaking. Can you hear me?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes. Very well.

JEAN-JACQUES SUBRENAT: Thank you, Olivier. So I sent to you and to Sylvia an email. I'm sorry, it was only a few hours ago -- maybe two hours ago -- giving my analysis of Macron's speech of the IGF Paris last year. Do you want me to go through that? I can do it in maybe four or five minutes. Or do you want to give instructions on what you plan to do at the EURALO level once this is analyzed?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks for that, Jean-Jacques. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. I think that if you can keep it within four or five minutes, then that would be helpful because this is something which might make it into the Hot Topics document, so it's the right moment for discussing it.

JEAN-JACQUES SUBRENAT: Right. Thank you, Olivier. This is Jean-Jacques speaking. So to answer your query, Olivier, about whether it's worth fitting into the Hot Topics,

---

I would say yes for mainly two reasons. One is that there is a certain misconception in the West. I don't want to characterize too much, that's in North America. Any time the r-word pops up, then that's equivalent to communism. R is regulation. So, I won't go through all the arguments of Macron. I would concentrate on just a few points.

He says, "The global Internet now needs decisive but lucid action," quote unquote, "In order to preserve or protect ideals and values and net neutrality." By the way, mostly in views and values; he doesn't hesitate to place democracy itself. He says, further, "That it is a falsehoods to describe net neutrality as leading necessarily to the end of free thought. One must make a difference between neutrality and universality. In light of the above --" which is all his analysis "-- It is time," he says, "For us to all build a new space in the Internet with," he says, "An open and safe Internet. And the second element would be with adequate respect for ideals and values."

So he goes on to say in order to preserve the Internet and do-good users against the dangers he listed about, "It has become necessary to set up some degree of regulation because governments espouse different values. There are some democratic governments and others far less to. France was the first signatory of the," quote, "Contract to save the Internet," unquote, Initiated by Tim Berners-Lee with a view to protecting democracy. It has become necessary to reach beyond the misleading alternative of either complete self-regulation or deregulation on the one hand, and a segmented Internet controlled by authoritarian states. Macron claims that it is misleading methods to have only those two alternatives.



---

So actually, that leads him to propose -- and that's what he did in Paris last year -- to propose a new sort of corporative regulation in the spirit of the growing movement towards sharing common. So following suit for that, we'll contribute to the implementations of such a corporative regulatory government, as of 2019, on three main issues. First: protect private data by enhancing protection through some regulatory mechanism along the EU model. Two: ensure and enhance trust, stability and security in cyberspace. France already supports the Paris appeal for trust and security in cyberspace. And the third element of Macron's proposal is to preserve the potential for creativity, invention and economic development on and through the Internet.

So he also announced that in mid 2019, France will be inviting to Paris an international level group of people to form a scientific council on artificial intelligence. And he concluded his speech by making a quote from the late Kofi Annan, which was, "To cope with Internet in our lives, we need to be at least as creative as those who invented it." And in my email to Olivier and Sylvia, I provided a link to the original, as published by the Presidential Office. Thank you.

**OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:** Thank you very much for your intervention, Jean-Jacques. And the floor is open for any feedback on this. Sebastien Bachollet.

**SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET:** Yes, thank you very much. Thank you, Olivier, thank you Jean-Jacques, I will be happy to receive your email Jean-Jacques and I really think that it's a very important topic, and I am sure that it's a very important

---

subject that we need to discuss at the European level, and even at the global level, because what were struggling for since years within ICANN with ideas about multistakeholderism, it's now even by a country like France pushed back and then we need to know how we can struggle with that and not lose what is the aim of multistakeholderism.

How we, at least how I see the situation, link with that, and when you look at what is happening in France, it's about different types of interactions between the elected people and the one that is [inaudible], it's always difficult, and it's why everything that multistakeholderism -- and I, as an end user voice within those arena, or organization, or place to discuss, it's very, very important. I think we need to keep that and just see how we can organize a discussion on that, and maybe it could be a group topic for ATLAS 3 to have our own declaration on the type of topics, because one day it will touch on ICANN, and it's a very, very important risk. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you, Jean-Jacques?

JEAN-JACQUES SUBRENAT: Thank you, Olivier, this is Jean-Jacques speaking. Thank you, Sebastien, for your interesting remarks. Two quick remarks if I may; the first is that it is the intention of those who picked up the, "R," word, the dirty word, which is, "Regulation," and exactly to do that, which is to present it to the world as a scarecrow, saying, "This is the ultimate danger for multi-stakeholder-ism."

---

I think what's interesting in that whole speech is that he goes to some length to argue that it is not contradictory, and that's what I tried to point out in my brief presentation, but it wasn't accurate enough, so I take your point, Sebastien, that the notion of multi-stakeholders is important and we should examine Macron's speech under that light, also. So, I'm prepared to do that work, and I turn to Olivier for guidance; what and when exactly would you require? Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you, Jean Jacques, Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. I cannot help thinking that perhaps this is being a rather large topic, and one which has already got plenty of documents. We've seen all of the different links for the speech of Macron [ph.] both in French and in English, statements, etcetera, and perhaps even some follow-ups that are likely to happen.

I just wonder whether we should have a Wiki page created for that, with the various links, so at least then a call that's within the EURALO structure, so then that has a home within EURALO for you to be able to expand on it, indeed anyone interested in expanding on it, being able to contribute to that page. At least then that provides a home, and also something that's a little more stable than just a mailing list where people send e-mails, and then afterwards things are somehow forgotten. I note Sebastien has his hand up, so we will go to the queue again with Sebastien Bachollet.

---

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yes, thank you, Olivier. I think a Wiki page is a good start, but once again, I think it's a very important topic, and if we can deal with that, and I don't know which framework, but keeping that in mind that the ATLAS3 would be a good venue to have this discussion, as you are also in charge of ATLAS3, I want to underline that.

The second point is that I saw that Silvia gave us a link to the English version of the Macron [ph.] speech, given by the tenant governance website. I want to be cautioned; it's not a good version. I don't know if I can find the one from the [inaudible] who has made another translation or the translation of the speech, who was more accurate. If I can find it, I will send it to you, because I don't think you can rely on what is on the website, thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much for that, Sebastien, back to Jean-Jacques Subrenat?

JEAN-JACQUES SUBRENAT: Thank you, Olivier, this is Jean Jacques speaking. Yes, I agree with Sebastien on both points. First, I support his idea that you, Olivier especially, could bring this up also in ATLAS3. I support his reference to the official translation by the president's office into English, because the problem is not that the idea is necessarily inaccurate, it's simply that as in any speech, the speech can be improvised and changed at the last moment, and it says in the French version very clearly, "Only the speech as pronounced is valid," that was the second point.

---

To Olivier now, I think that having a home page in the EURALO website is really a good idea, because we may tend to get lost, or not everyone reads everything, and an important subject like this does need a home, so thank you for proposing EURALO as that home. But if I may put a question to you, Olivier, what is the timeframe in which you think I should give that analysis we've just talked about, what length, also? And, then, what would be the next steps, and what would be the corresponding calendar? Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you for that, Jean-Jacques, Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. I would imagine that within the next month or so, certainly before the face-to-face meeting in Kobe it would be good to have something on paper, or on virtual paper, to be able to share with the other RALO's and what I would then suggest is to suggest that as a topic, when the RALO's are meeting face-to-face in Kobe.

I understand what Sebastien has mentioned with regards to having a topic, perhaps at ATLAS3, so that again, bearing in mind that ATLAS3 is at the end, I don't think we can wait until the end of the year to even touch on the topic, but definitely prepare for the final discussion, ALAC-wide discussion in ATLAS3, that is close to be seen if other RALO's would like to pursue this. But certainly, an opening statement and a short paper to layout how Macon's speech could affect ICANN and the multi-stakeholder model.

And I do have to say, ICANN and the multi-stakeholder model, because at the end of the day, it is really an ICANN forum that we are in here.

---

And the two being interlinked, there needs to be an emphasis on the ICANN being on the receiving end for some of the discussions.

That be said, I also note that in the actual Hot Topics document, [inaudible] mentioned that it might be that the speech itself might become irrelevant later on in 2019, so by launching the process and having a white page specifically for the speech, then what we are doing is specifically to cement this work topic on one side, and we could make the Hot Topic in itself on the Hot Topic document a little less focused on Macron's speech, but more on the actual emergence, so the world that is not bi-polar, that it's not either the Chinese Internet or the California Internet that has been mentioned, and write a few words here and perhaps even point to our reflection in the Wiki pages that are going to deal directly with Macron's speech. Jean-Jacques Subrenat?

JEAN-JACQUES SUBRENAT:

Thank you, Olivier, this is Jean Jacques speaking. Thank you for those indications. I'll work along those lines; I very much agree with and of course execute that order, which is to not limit myself to one person's speech, although it was, in itself, interesting. I will go beyond Macron's speech and put the topic in terms of interests for the global internet user community, and this is how I see things, please react, you and others on the call.

This would have roughly three parts; first, a brief outline of the context in which this debate is emerging now, you know, interference by foreign powers in elections and that sort of thing, two; regulation or deregulation, the debate on that. Three; the effects, or the possible

---

effects on ICANN and the multi-stakeholder model. And, those are the three parts, and I will try to do this in time for Kobe. Is that okay?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: That's wonderful, thank you very much, much appreciated. Right, so let's then continue going down the Hot Topics document. The bottom part of the document has just a few listings of additional places that we might be going to, "We," as in our members and our At-Large structures and individual members throughout Europe, and the outreach and engagement activities in Europe.

But the original document was taken from our outreach and engagement strategy, which was filed with the global stakeholder engagement for putting together the CROP, but as we can see there, a number of additions that have been made to the document, and a few changes as well. One that needs to be mentioned is the computer [inaudible] and data protection that is due to take place in Brussels on the 30<sup>th</sup> of January to the 1<sup>st</sup> of February.

I understand there's an ICANN session that is taking place, and I have to let you know that I've been invited to speak at that session, and those are the members of this committee, we have been invited to speak at that session. It's not a CROPs not being used; it's a global stakeholder engagement for Europe that I support in my travels for Brussels for the day. So, that's one point which has to be added.

You can see further down other potential conferences in Lille, in [inaudible], in Bratislava; many, many different things going on at the moment. Unfortunately, having [inaudible] CROP slots, we've only got

---

one remaining CROP slot for this year, but I know that some of our members are either local to these conferences or they have been invited or [inaudible] for the meeting. I'd like to move forward because I realize time --

YRJO LANSIPURO: Olivier, it's Yrjo coming in, can you hear me?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yrjo, you have the floor.

YRJO LANSIPURO: Yeah, thank you. I have been trying to get in for a while. This refers actually to the previous comment, the Macron speech. Just to tell you that this item will be on the agenda of the joint meeting of ALAC and GAC. There is interest in the GAC actually getting ICANN on this, so I think that from the ALAC side there will be use for Jean-Jacques analysis. But pretty soon, that is to say at the joint meeting of the GAC and ALAC, thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much for this, Yrjo, Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. I would suggest that you keep a very close watch over that Wiki page then that's being built, and if we have some input from not only Jean-Jacques Subrenat, but others on that page, then perhaps you could share this with the ALAC in preparation of the GAC/ALAC meeting.



YRJO LANSIPURO: Yeah, that's a great idea, thank you.

JEAN-JACQUES SUBRENAT: And finally, there are, so just scrolling to the end of the document, not that many big changes. I'm eager to move on, because I'm mindful that we've burned quite a lot of time, but it's good to have discussed each topic, and giving light to some action items. Let's move onto, again, just a quick update on the EURALO bylaws task force, the articles association are nearly completed. There were some questions as to the association being able to use an outside entity to be able to access the mailbox.

In the last call, I think I came back with some suggestions. I have since looked at a cheaper option, which was to make use of the Swiss post for redirecting mail, and that works as long as the recipient remains in Switzerland, so for the [inaudible] it would work, we could have the address of being the Swiss post redirecting address.

In the long term, if we have a future chair of EURALO that is not based in Switzerland, and I certainly do hope that at some point that will be the case, then we will have to look again at perhaps having the address as being the commercial service that costs a little more. That being said, it's all within the budgets; they're not particularly expensive, the redirection services, and they are possibly within the budget, discretionary funds that we have to use on case-by-case basis.

I think that's pretty much everything else is ready, apart from the 5.3.5, the conflict of interest policy and Florian [inaudible] has written a

---

significantly narrow version for this paragraph, which is listed if you click on the conflict of interest paragraph, it will show you the longer paragraph that's suggested. I've not seen anybody speak against that, so it looks like the longer paragraph is fine as well. And the last question here was to do with [inaudible] and legal entities that are applicable as members, and here we have said that we are keeping the option open in case we need to change our method of accepting individual members.

Pretty much very few other changes in there. Yes, 8.2.2, need to clarify the different between funded and non-funded meetings from the GAC. I added some text to this, so I'd be interested if Jean-Jacques, if you could have a look at 8.2.2 and let me know later, not needing to do it now, whether this is acceptable.

And, at the bottom, 8.2.6 part 3; decisions and resolutions in form of a funded face-to-face meeting required 2/3 of the delivered votes, and it's amended here, Jean-Jacques mentioned here, "Beware the dangers of funding and unfunded meetings." There's some explanation further up on this.

The rest is not that many changes. Yes, please, who would like to speak?

JEAN-JACQUES SUBRENAT:

This is Jean-Jacques, sorry for interrupting, but I thought I'd come in just as you're talking about 8.-something, 8.1.2, I don't have that in front of me, would someone on staff be kind enough to put up the appropriate links so that I can do that in the coming days? Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you, Jean-Jacques. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. The link is given by Silvia in the chat. Draft EURALO bylaws, it's a Google doc. You should be able to access it. Okay, so that's the bylaws, so we're really in that last sort of final countdown, if you wish. The next steps would be to, now by way of opening for comments, the next steps I guess is to then have a final version, completely final version all cleaned up, pass it by- well, we don't actually have to pass it by ICANN legal, because EURALO is independent, so what I understand, the next thing is for the bylaws to be adopted to a EURALO vote that will take place.

Perhaps another e-mail, a last e-mail to remind everyone of the these, so please last comments, and then we can proceed forward. Right, so that was the EURALO bylaw, the one after that is the fiscal year 20 additional budget request. Wale Bakare is one of our two representatives on the finance and budget sub-committee, he's been following this closely and I'm going to hand the floor over to him for a few minutes, if you could be swift, it would be helpful, and basically, we should find out how our requests have come about. So, Wale Bakare, you have the floor.

WALE BAKARE: Hello, good evening, this is Wale Bakare speaking, can you hear me?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, we can. You have the floor.

---

WALE BAKARE:

Right. Thank you so much, Olivier. We, with regard to the financial 20 edition additional budget request for EURALO, we got three proposals, and one of the takeaways from the discussions we had last, this proposal, the diversity in ICANN leadership bodies. So, that was a concern with regard to -- I mean, this concern was raised that the proposal should be retracted or, I am not really sure, or whether that should be sent back to the proposer to make some adjustment with regard to writings or structure of the proposal, so I'm not really sure on that.

That is another one, but the second proposal that we got from EURALO is from the individual user's association, so the proposal is designed to support participation of the individual user in EURALO. So, the conclusion raised on that proposal was that the At-Large staff would continue to support the individual users, with regard to their request, so that means the proposer will not be funding. So, the support participation of [inaudible] would be continue to be provided by the At-Large staff.

Then the third one, which is the Internet obtained and the infringing governance challenges ahead, so [inaudible] at the 2019 IGF, this proposal basically is about the structure, DNS [inaudible] and the Human Rights framework on principles to be included in governance challenges ahead in terms regarding the Internet of Things. What I don't really get from here, I don't know what the members have decided on that. I think that Heidi is on the call, and he should provide us detail, clarification on that aspect, thank you.

---

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Wale. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. And, Heidi Ullrich, you have the floor.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Thank you very much, Olivier, and Wale. I just wanted to highlight a couple of decisions, a broad overview of decisions. The FDSC based on information coming from staff who have looked at these proposals, particularly on the IGF ones, and that is that there was little chance that any requests that only requests or proposals going to the IGF would be accepted, so there was a decision made by the ALAC finance and budget sub-committee not to approve those requests for submission to the ICANN controller, so that reduced the numbers overall to 3 ALAC requests, and about 3 out of 12 RALO requests.

However, there are a couple of factors; one is that one of the requests from EURALO, that is the one for support for the European individual's association, that one does not need to be submitted because the request being made for support, staff support, can be done from current staff support level, so we can go ahead and do that. The At-Large staff already do support voting, etcetera, for the NARALO, unaffiliated. So, that will be able to be supported by staff.

There was another request within that particular request for promotional items, etcetera. It was thought that those could be produced through the RALO discretionary funding. So, that is really the only EURALO request that is going to be approved, or take action. The other ones basically involved IGF funding.

---

Now, what was agreed is to address the idea, the need for people to go to the IGF was that a key ALAC request is for an increase by \$10,000 to a total of \$30,000 for the RALO discretionary funding. So that, if approved, that would allow each RALO to have \$6000 in RALO discretionary funding and that this year it's also been requested that one activity be allowed for cross-RALO travel, if no one in that region that's being requested to be travelled to can do that job.

So, for example, if someone in LACRALO had a workshop panel on policy, ICANN-related policy at the IGF this year in Berlin, if it was only a Latin-American, Caribbean policy issue, that person might be allowed to go, one person might be allowed to go to the IGF. For EURALO, given that the idea is in Berlin, it was thought that either CROP and/or RALO discretionary funding could cover travel to that event. Olivier, I think that's the major factors, thank you. And also, the ALAC is just now voting in a few hours, an ALAC vote will be open for the ALAC to vote on the FDSC decisions, thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much for this Heidi. Wale, any other points to make on this topic?

WALE BAKARE: Not at all, because I have spoken to the other RALO member, Sebastien, what I think we might do is just to get in touch with Sebastien, but unfortunately he is not able to make today's call, and we will have the conversation, so we will have a discussion on that, and possibly get in touch with another member of the additional budgetary request to find

---

out, to get to know [inaudible] Heidi has clarified, so we will speak with them, and get back to the EURALO members, possibly within this week.

Not this week, I will send an e-mail to the person and to Sebastien, that this is what the conclusion on the EURALO [inaudible] and then we will take it from there, and respond with that in mind with regards to this decision, then we will possibly communicate back. We'll get in touch with the At-Large and the budgetary request, then get this information back to EURALO members.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you very much for this, Wale. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking, and I should just say, I'm happy to see that staff are going to support the EURALO individuals, in the same way as the individuals in the other regions are being supported. Those in the ALAC should have resources, such as the [inaudible] etcetera, but also that EURALO is able to make requests in the same way as it has for other promotional material such as pens, etcetera, that EURALO could make requests for the individuals as well in the same way.

So, that's a great thing, and let's -- I'm a bit disappointed about not having received a green light for the other topics, for the other two proposals, I guess it's a good thing that in some way, the third year running that we have the IGS happening in our region, and we do still have other tools at our disposal to be able to send people to the ITF which is in Berlin this year, and I understand a number of people are already based in Berlin, so it'll be a good turnout, hopefully. Let's move

---

swiftly on, and we are already at the top of the hour, so just a couple of very quick things.

Yes, Heidi? I'm not seeing -- of course, my screen is frozen again, welcome to London. I apologize, technical issues prevent me from seeing who is in the queue, and it's Sebastien Bachollet has his hand up, I gather he wishes to speak, so Sebastien, you have the floor.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you, Olivier, don't froze too much, we have snow here, it's cold. Yeah, I wanted to know if some rationales could be sent to us about why the other proposals were declined, and if we can get that, if we have the timing to reevaluate or rewrite the proposal to answer those reasons, it will be useful, because I still think that other projects could be useful for EURALO, thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much, Sébastien, Heidi Ullrich?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, just on that, so Sebastien, regarding the IGF, there in the report for the fiscal year 19 ABR's, the staff made very clear that there would not be approval for requests for non-ICANN related events, particularly things that didn't relate to ICANN policy, so the SPFC did make that decision that not to submit IGF-related activities for that. In terms of rewriting or submitting new ones, the deadline for the RALO's within the At-Large process was the 4<sup>th</sup> of January, and it went through a number of reviews.



---

All of these ABR's went through reviews; twice by the finance and budget sub-committee, once by the ALP, and now yesterday, on the ALAC call, so I just wanted to stress that there has been a process that has been carried out for review, thank you. And also, Wale has been very good at being on the FDSC calls, he's a member, so he was part of that discussion, thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much, Heidi. Sebastien, your hand is still up? Probably not, my screen is probably-

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yes, Olivier, it's again, sorry, thank you, I was muted. Just to say that in the proposal there are different thoughts, of course some of them, one thought concerning IGF, but it's not the main thought for the question about the FDC, it's much more than that. If the only way to be seeing it, because they're aware of IGF in the document, of course you can put it in the garbage, but I think something is missing there, and especially something that is linked between the one who is proposing and the one who decides. But nevermind, one day ICANN will be able to work on diversity in the right way. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks for that, Sebastien. So, Wale Bakari had his hand up as well, but Wale, you put your hand down now?

---

WALE BAKARE:

Yes, I just wanted to make a comment. This is Wale Bakari, for the record. The point I would like to raise is just like I said before; I said I will be in touch with Bastien, so we'll sit down and then speak to the staff and the staff members to get to know what are the key elements that are distinct that these two proposals are missing out in terms of being rejected for not being on the remit of ICANN, because I believe that the two proposals even are addressing issues that will at some point, even personally, will affect ICANN. So, even when you look at one of the [inaudible], analysis made by DDS today, these are the things that we'll each look into.

The other proposal, like IOT, even when addressing issues that are very pertinent to ICANN, DNS. So when we look at IOT, so these are the things, so we want to dive into that proposal deeper, better, because the proposal is much more than what the others think on its peripheral, I thought ourselves that they just look at it and then sort of went, "This is not [inaudible]." Like I said before, I will get in touch with Sebastien then have discussions around them and get clear feedback on what happened, and [inaudible] these information back to the members. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you very much for that. And, I think that we need to move on. We'll be able to follow-up later on this. And now, I noted that we are really past our deadline for the time of this call. We've still got a few items we'll go very quickly through them. The first one is the ATLAS3 update, and all there is to know is that there will be a call later on this week, or is it next week? I believe it's tomorrow. Tomorrow, the 23<sup>rd</sup>,

---

so ATLAS3, the first working group call of both sub-groups that have been created.

One subgroup is the programming subgroup, and the other subgroup is everything else, effectively. So, on the one hand, you've got a link over to the agenda -- no, you don't have a link to the agenda, so that doesn't work, that doesn't help very much. ATLAS3 Summit home should have a link to the At-Large recently -- anyway, the pages are being built as we speak, and the groups are going to start their work imminently from tomorrow onwards, everybody will be making contributions.

So, if you have not signed up for any of the working groups for ATLAS3, I'm afraid it's a bit too late now, so we'll launch on this, we can certainly listen to the calls and you can certainly download them and see how the work progresses, but I understand that the groups have now been formed. So, that's the first thing.

The other thing, with ATLAS3 is that there's going to be a significant amount of capacity-building going on for everyone to attend the meeting, so the work with the ICANN learn department has already started with just looking at whatever courses are already available. There will be some courses that will need to be built from scratch, courses that are specific to At-Large, and this is where I think it's important that we have a European and EURALO angle to these courses as well. So, the list will come up and I guess, I see many of you are listed in the working groups, so please do push forward and do contribute at length for this, because it's an important meeting, ATLAS3. Sebastien, go ahead, you have the floor.

---

JEAN-JACQUES SUBRENAT: Thank you Olivier, this is Jean-Jacques speaking. Olivier, I was active in the preparation and the carrying out of the previous ATLAS. I'd like to suggest that we keep in mind for ATLAS3 the following subject. Sorry, it may not be the exact wording yet, but lessons learned from almost 10 years of ALAC, seat 13 on the ICANN board. Meaning we had to fight for it when I was on the board; it wasn't obvious. As you remember, the initial request was for more than one seat on the board, provided by ALAC. 15 sorry, seat 15 of course.

But I'd like to suggest that EURALO at least give an input in the form of a European view on the relevance and importance perhaps of that significant move, which was what, 10 years ago, or more than that? From the point of view of at least two elements; one is, has this made ALAC in general, in other words, the user community input more relevant to ICANN as a whole, and second, what would be the way forward, because we are already quite satisfied with all the input and the improvements, let's chart the way ahead for ALAC and the user community in general, by trying to outline difficulties we have identified, and perhaps things which we would like to carry forward a bit more, thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks so much for this, Jean-Jacques. I've taken note- it's Olivier speaking, I've taken note, and this is, I can see some approval from Sebastien on this, but I know that others that are here and who will be

---

on those preparation calls will be able to contribute and support this topic for discussion. Good contribution.

Okay, so that's ATLAS3, to be continued, as we're only at the very beginning of the process, but it's going to be quite intense work for the next few months. Intense, but getting rise to some really interesting discussions and topics, and I think it's going to be looking at the overall timeline, and the preparation that is going into this, this is likely to be quite successful.

Right, next thing is the AOB; there are three, no there are two AOB's, three AOB's, sorry. The first one is a request for proper banners and tabletop signs. The outreach and engagement, that's what our engagement and working group has been working on. Tabletops fine, which are effectively mini-banners. The topic was brought forward by Matthias Hudobnik; Matthias, do you wish to say a few words from this, please?

MATTHIAS HUDOBNIK: Hello, everybody.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, Matthias --

MATTHIAS HUDOBNIK: Hello, can you hear me?

---

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: And co-chair on this outreach and engagement working group, so that's why he is bringing this to our attention, Matthias, yes, we can hear you, you have the floor.

MATTHIAS HUDOBNIK: Perfect, thank you very much Olivier. We seem to be running out of time, I will be very brief. I just want to discuss with you some organizational stuff regarding the request for pop-up banners and tabletop signs. Since we have discussed this in our outreach and engagement working group, I wanted to hear your opinion about this.

So, what the directors and members think about what would be meaningful from your experience, and what is needed for our event or potential event. And, I'm also not aware, what stuff we already have, so I know that Natalia is also actively involved in this discussion, and I would be more than happy to get some input from you, thank you.

Olivier Crepin Leblond: Thanks very much for this, Matthias. It's Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. My understanding at the moment is that we have two large banners, one is in Geneva, and the other one is travelling around the world with the ICANN roadshow. Indeed, maybe one of those banners might be either in Geneva or in Brussels. One is located in Europe, basically. When it comes down to the mini banners and all this, we've got nothing at the moment.

We do have some brochures that are in the Geneva office, and we have some brochures that are in the Brussels office now, thanks to Adam

---

Peake and Jean-Jacques. Not that many brochures left, by the way. Because many of the brochures are also with us. I still have some brochures in Spanish and some languages, and Sebastien also has, Natalia also has, the people who went to IGS in Paris last month filled their suitcase with brochures and so on. When it comes up with the mini banners, if you can see the link, you can see what the other RALO's have decided on, with NARALO only going for one mini pop-up retractable banner, and APRALO going for banners, for many banners in many different languages, including Chinese and Japanese and Korean, and Russian as well.

So, some of the questions are; all of our banners so far are in English, do we need a mini banner in other languages, French, Spanish, Russian? I couldn't imagine Chinese in Europe, but we might look for other languages, maybe German, I'm not sure. The brochures, we do have some in German as well. I see Heidi has got her hand up, so Heidi, you have the floor.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Thank you very much, Olivier. Just very quickly, I just put into the chat the link to a page that shows what the various RALOs are ordering, and what some of the options are, and the cost. So, the idea of these mini pop ups is to actually have them to be given to the people who are travelling the most to meetings, so rather than the hassle with the larger pop ups, if you're just going to a smaller meeting, you might want to take these with you, you can just take them in your suitcase. You'll see that the costs are not that much.

---

For example, NARALO is just resizing their large pop up, so it's only going to cost \$106 US. While the other option is what APRALO is doing, is that they're ordering four of the mini pop up retractable banners, but also several, 15 cardboard ones, which are only \$15 a piece, so very inexpensive, and those are going to be in various languages.

So, those are some of the questions that you need to ask, is; do you wish any? If so, would you like the retractable, do you also want the cardboard ones? And, in which language version? As for the cost, what has been agreed after looking at our budget is that we'll go ahead and cover half the cost of your order, and then we're asking that each of the RALOs pay the other half with their RALO discretionary funding. Thank you, Olivier?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much for this, that's very helpful Heidi. Matthias Hudobnik?

MATTHIAS HUDOBNIK: Yes, hello, Matthias is speaking again. Heidi, thank you very much, and Olivier as well. I think we need to decide, so I do not know if you want to have even another banner. I know that the brochures are almost in all cases sent to the people because there is only one. Regarding the banners, to pick one. If I remember correct, the last meeting, Alan was telling the stuff, because it was all a problem, like their funding was, like the extra [inaudible] was not in their CROP fund included, so that's the reason ultimately it was to carry any of this stuff.



---

What I wanted to add as well is Natalia also posted a Google doc link into the chat, this is about outreach strategy in general, so if somebody, if you have general objectives I do not know about, for example, communication in general, or also some other promotional material, feel free to add some comments. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much for this, Matthias. Very helpful, and thanks for posting the link, that's really helpful Natalia. So, what I would suggest, because this is stuff that has come before our eyes right now, I just have one question; how quickly do we need to make, as a group, does EURALO need to make a decision on those pop ups?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Olivier, this is Heidi. Yeah, it depends on when you would like those brochures. I'm assuming that Europe has most of their activities in summer, so if you could let us know in the next couple of weeks, and I'm hoping to have those by Kobe, to bring those to Kobe. I would need to get back to you on the exact date. Particularly if there's translation involved, that will add a little bit of time. So basically, the sooner the better. If you'd like them in time for staff to bring them to Kobe.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks for this, Heidi. What I would suggest, we have an outreach and engagement task force in EURALO that is led by Yrjo Lansipuro, let's get within a week or two weeks to make a decision, propose it, and then we can proceed forward, because that again will just require an additional

---

budget request, and you're correct in that it's not a huge amount of money that is being asked here.

We just need to relay whatever material we could use here with the outreach proposal that we have so when it comes down to attending various events and so on that are taking place. Sebastien, also we need these for Marrakesh, I believe we do, because there are quite a few events that are taking place during April, May and early June, including EuroDIG as well. Right, thank you for this.

And then finally, let's continue, the second thing is the trip to Bardot for Sebastien Bachollet, so here's a quick summary of this; as you know, in Paris, EURALO signed up with CENTR, the Council of European Registrar, to have an MoU with CENTR. In fact, before that, we sent Christopher Wilkinson to the CENTR offices for the previous ADM, so last year's ADM, 2018, to have expressed that EURALO becomes an observer, formally becomes an observer in CENTR in order to attend the meetings, etcetera, etcetera.

That meeting in Brussels didn't go down as planned, not due to our fault, but because other matters took precedence over the discussion on EURALO joining CENTR as an observer, and therefore we were invited again now this year to join this year's ADM in Bardot. That happens immediately, I think the week after the ICANN meeting. I won't be back in the country, and the person who I think is probably the closest when it comes down to how cheap the tickets can be is Sebastien Bachollet. He also is quite knowledgeable on the topic. He is one of the people that helped with arranging the MoU logistics in Paris.

---

He, I believe, is also a member of the board, perhaps even of Afnic who is a CENTR member, so he is a known face within CENTR, and if there is any discussion or any questions being asked about EURALO, he would be a great candidate to be able to just answer any questions, etcetera, etcetera. So, you finally get that signing, and EURALO becomes an associate member, sorry, an observer of CENTR.

This is just to let you know of the costs, Heidi, I think we'll follow up with you offline afterwards, because I'm not quite sure, I'm just trying to look at this, yeah, we need to get these files very quickly, or very soon. And I don't think that we were carbon copying the discussion with Sebastien, but I'm not sure, I think we haven't filed a formal request.

So, this was just a note for the record, I guess for everyone to be aware of the forthcoming trip. So, Sebastien, or if anybody else has any suggestions or so, then the floor is open or you can e-mail me in private if you wish not to discuss it in public. Sebastien Bachollet?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

Yes, thank you, Olivier. Just to ease the process, if there is something to fulfill, just send it to me and I will do it. I think it's just a different part we need to ask for travel, and the people in charge or ICANN, and they can do all the booking if they wish. It is just when I arrive from Kobe, I need to take the next flight to Bardot, therefore it should be done quickly, just to be sure that I have the connection. But I am open to anything else if needed. Thank you.

---

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks for that, Sebastien. And while you're speaking, this says additional topic now at the end of this call is ATRT3, and you wanted to have a few words about this. Sebastien Bachollet?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yeah, can you allow me, I put it in the chat earlier. I wanted to say a few words earlier also about our so-called cross-community working group on Internet governance and that's something close to your heart. I would like to suggest that we maybe have a discussion in the next call, but I think it certainly good to organize something around this topic, and it's so important for Europe.

The discussion we had with Jean-Jacques earlier showed that maybe one way is to set up a working group at the level of EURALO and to suggest to the other RALO the same, and we would start a cross-community working group like that, without going to the other layer of the organization, like that we can go to any other part of ICANN, asking them to join our cross-work. But that's just a proposal, but we need to discuss that maybe at the next call.

Now, regarding ATRT3, I will try to give you very short education; we had the first call of the AT preview team 3 on accountability and transparency. As you know, I am one of the members, there's three, Rhonda, Danielle, and Cheryl, and we had the first call today. It's not very easy, and I don't know how to answer that, but for me too, a problem, and a lot of the forums and what I will say, I hope that it's not subjected, it's as close as possible to be objective. There is two candidates from At-Large from ALAC to be one of the chair, co-chair,

---

whatever; Cheryl and myself. And Cheryl is pushing to have another co-chair from VeriSign, and I am in real trouble for this part.

I know that everybody is equal, but I think if ATRT3 is run partly once again by US and by the bigger player within ICANN, I have trouble. But I don't know how to answer that, the situation is not good from my point of view, and I wanted to give you this information, and I am ready to answer questions privately, or during the call if you wish. I know it's late, and so I'll hold there. Thank you very much.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thanks very much for this, Sebastien. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. The floor is open for comments or questions, or if you wish to follow up directly with Sebastien, you would be very welcome to. I'm not seeing any hands up, so let's take it that there will be a follow up about this offline, and by e-mail. Perhaps we can have an action item that will report on any results, or any follow-up of what you just told us just now, during the next EURALO call.

With this, I think it is rather late across all of our continents, so first I wanted to ask if there are any other businesses? Further AOB's? I'm not seeing any further AOB's. I'd like to thank everyone who's been on the call today, it's been a bit long and I do apologize for that, but we've had a good discussion on several topics. I'm glad to see the process with regards to the working group on the EURALO bylaws coming soon to a conclusion, and that will open the door perhaps to have further working groups that we can open up within EURALO.

---

But for the time being, I'd like to thank you again, and have a very good evening, morning, afternoon, depending on where you are in the world, because I do know that some of our members do travel elsewhere as well. So, thanks, and speak to you next month with a follow up. And please, follow up with all of the topics we've discussed today by e-mail and on the mailing list. Thank you, goodnight.

**[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]**