
CLAUDIA RUIZ: We will now begin the official recording of this call. Good morning, good afternoon and good evening, everyone. Welcome to the ICANN64 Planning Committee call on Friday the 21st of December, 2018 at 17:00 UTC. On the call today we have Maureen Hilliard, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, Daniel Nanghaka, Glenn McKnight, Joanna Kulesza, Jonathan Zuck, Judith Hellerstein, Marita Moll, John Laprise. We have received apologies from Alberto Soto. From staff we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Gisella Gruber and myself, Claudia Ruiz, on call management. Before we begin, I would like to remind everyone to please state their name before speaking for the transcription purposes, and with this, I turn over to you, Maureen. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you. Thank you, Claudia. Welcome, everyone. Good to see the tenure this morning -- for me, this morning. Okay, what we want to do for this meeting is to sort of like gather some ideas together to, you know -- we're starting to coordinate some ideas for some of the working sessions and some of the other sessions which -- is Gisella coming to this meeting, Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: She should be on. She should be on.

GISELLA GRUBER: I'm on. I'm sorry, Maureen. I'm on audio only.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank goodness. I was panicking a bit here. Okay, so we're in charge of the working sessions but Gisella will need to know, you know, like I mean, how many we've got. You know, like what it is that we're actually going to be running and how much time we're going to need. So, you know, I think that when we're planning that we just need to be looking at -- content, I don't think, needs to be set in stone, but we do need to get some clear idea of what is proposed.

And so, I think Gisella will explain, but there is going to be a section of the planning wiki, which is where people can actually put in their ideas. So we're going to need those -- and Gisella will tell us what the timeframes are -- for making sure that we actually have those sessions sort of, like, basically earmarked so that we can start including them into the program, which is required really, really, really early.

So, just going into the agenda, the overview of the ALAC and GAC session. [Inaudible] not here. So, was there something that was going to be discussed about that? I know that [inaudible] and Ana are sort of like working together and starting to put together sort of like a program of topics, but I haven't heard anything else on that. I just had a message from Manal this morning about the response from the board, that they - - no, sorry. They left it to the board in response to our continuing request for sort of like ICANN providing more appropriate information. So, no doubt that will be part of it. But, Heidi, do you know of anything else that has to do with that?

HEIDI ULLRICH: I'm going to give that to Gisella.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, I don't know why that was on the agenda unless there was something that had come up that we didn't need know about.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, Maureen. This is Gisella for the transcript. I just put that on the agenda just so that everyone is aware of what has been discussed with GAC for our sessions. What usually happens is prior to the event we go to the -- sorry, I was just trying to get the page that should have that amount. Claudia, could you just please show that page? It was just that usually ahead of the sessions, we need to get the questions to the GAC and the questions to the board. My understanding here with what I was reading is that we had already come up with the topics, and that the last one that we were also wanting to address is the GAC and ALAC corporation and planning.

What I've done in the meantime -- because we've got quite a few topics to address -- we've currently only got a 45-minute spot with the GAC. I've sent GAC support staff and I've copied Staff and [inaudible] in it just to say that apparently, the ICANN64 GAC schedule is going to be discussed in January on a GAC call, and I just wanted to give Julie a shovel and Gulden Tepe a heads up with regards to the discussions that are taking place for us to have a 60-minute session in Kobe and not a 35-minute session.

Ana said that it really made sense to have a 60-minute session and that 45 minutes -- and that any shorter would not be very productive. Unless I've got it completely wrong. So, it was just here to have that already up on the schedule and that we already know what is being discussed with GAC with the liaisons and with the GAC chair on what we were going to address in Kobe. Does that make sense? That was it.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Certainly, Gisella, and what we've actually got here are the suggested topics that we've been going to and fro. So I think that what's being done is just a list of topics that will be fine-tuned over the next couple of weeks, hopefully after the holiday period. But, I don't think just as the list of items that we're actually starting to accumulate for our workshop sessions are set in stone at the moment; they're just a whole lot of ideas. And I think that the more ideas that we can get, the more we can fine-tune to incorporate as much as possible to make it to make it more meaningful to us. But yes, thank you for raising that.

A similar list will be compiled, I guess, for the ccNSO until we make a decision about what we actually do decide to cover in the short time that we have with both of those groups. Barack, Lasa and Katrina, I wrote to them and so we'll set a discussion. But, yeah, I think it's good to actually get as much as we can compiled so that we've got choices, and that we're not just filling things up for the sake of filling them up. Okie dokie. I see Jonathan's up.

GISELLA GRUBER:

Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sorry, my AC is frozen. Just with regards to the ccNSO, I don't believe I was copied on the email that you'd written to Katrina and Barack, unless I've missed it. I'd actually even put on the page, the ICANN64 Planning Committee page, where we had put the groups that we'd like to meet with. What were the next steps for setting up the topics for the ccNSO meeting? Because I've already temporarily penciled it in with Kim Carlton, their support staff, for Sunday from 17:00 to 18:00. So, what are the next steps? Because if I haven't seen -- sorry, I didn't even realize that discussions had started on that. So, if you've already started discussions --

GISELLA GRUBER: It only happened last night --

MAUREEN HILYARD: Then that's --

GISELLA GRUBER: -- when I sent the message away. And it's really just there sort of like, "Is there a need?" That's what I asked.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sure.

GISELLA GRUBER: And that would be -- sorry, Gisella again.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Perfect. So, once I hear back from you, I will then concern with Kim. But just so that you know, we've penciled it in from Sunday afternoon from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m.

GISELLA GRUBER: Awesome. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. John?

JOHN LAPRISE: Thank you. John Laprise for the record. I would suggest striking item four. And I see Jonathan in the chat agrees. Given the time constraints we have, I don't think that much productive is going to come out of that discussion. And I think we have a lot more to work on with the other four points that are currently on the list. I mean, we could easily spend an hour talking about ePDP, subsequent gTLDs, GAC-ALAC statement and GAC-ALAC cooperation. So I think four is -- we should just drop. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: If I can just sort of explain that one. The AP RALO I was actually sort of like involved in, outreach and engagement activities, which is outside of what we're doing, but it will probably be involved in one of the seasons.

They also will probably have a networking event. I'm not quite sure about that; I haven't had any confirmation at all, but it was one of the events that we had been discussing with the GAC after our discussions with the GAC, which is now going to be on the Wednesday at the APRALO networking event might be in the afternoon. Again, to be determined. So, there is just that connection.

And I have actually highlighted to them, and that's really not to do with our working session activities, but more to do with the scheduling to make sure that anything that they do organize -- because it's within the APRALO region -- doesn't conflict too much with anything important that's going to be happening in the schedule as well.

So it wasn't going to be major items, but it was going to be sort of like a heads up on what events may be run and that kind of thing. John, again.

JOHN LAPRISE:

Yeah. John Laprise for the summary. I did not communicate clearly. What I was referring to was with the GAC session, item four, Reactions to Present Reforms, IGF Speech. That was the item I was thinking about striking.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Oh, I see. Okay. Oh, from the GAC questions. Okay. Sorry. Yeah. Again, not finalized. And we can certainly -- I mean, when Goran is part of this discussion and with regards to ICANN64 planning, you know, I'm assuming that anyone who is associated with anything that is part of the

planning, that discussions about what the final topics are will be made within this group. So that's not a problem. Sorry, I misunderstood. But yes, I get your point. Thank you. Anything else before we go in to the next item, which was to do with --

HEIDI ULLRICH: Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes?

HEIDI ULLRICH: This is Heidi. I just wanted -- on that point, I believe that's more of a NARALO issue. I know that came up on the EURALO calls. So I'm guessing that's where that's come from, you know, from what was happening at the IGS, you know, EURALO is particularly concerned about that. That's why I think that's on there. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. Marita?

MARITA MOLL: Yeah. Marita Moll for the record. I just wanted to pipe in and say I really like number five: GAC-ALAC Cooperation and Capacity Building. We've got a little bit of that happening at our end with our own GAC reps. And I'd just like to see that grow. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Marita. And, I guess from my perspective, the Head of the Underserved Regions Committee for the GAC is actually from the Cook Islands with me. So we're constantly talking about ways that we can sort of like collaborate with regards to capacity building. So, yeah, that was also an interest for me as well. But thank you for your support. Okay, let's move on to the topics that have actually come up already with regards to the working sessions. And, I mean, they're sort of like starting to pour in, and I think that that's good because -- as I said -- it would be good if when we're putting these together, if we have got some that are related, we can perhaps sort of coordinate them into the different topic areas or whatever.

But, just going through the list that, you know, just in the discussions that I've had and there -- as I said before, nothing set in stone -- we started up a conversation with Jamie Hedland and I guess this sort of follows on from a discussion that Ellen and I had with Jamie in Barcelona, and he's very keen to become involved and to enhance understanding about compliance within At-Large.

And I think that John's raising his questions to have highlighted for us that, you know, there may be some basic understandings that we can get and incorporate within At-Large, the At-Large group that that will meet with us in Kobe to look at how we can build that understanding. And then address those really high-level issues that John will raise with Jamie, which I didn't even understand the questions anyway. So, that's probably what took me back to that. Let's make it into a workshop so we can all understand the basics of it. But I think that this is the sort of

thing that, you know, I'd like to see us concentrate on more and that we are developing relationships with ICANN org specialists and so that there is a better understanding within At-Large about how ICANN operates, because we generally look at GNSOs, ccNSO, you know, and the different advisory committees.

But ICANN org specialists who have areas that they deal with that people really don't -- I think that our members don't really get to know enough about. And then they come along to a meeting and they give us a spiel and then they leave, and we still think -- I know that a lot of people, "So what do these guys do, and how does it impact us?" So that's, you know, one of the things that I would like to incorporate, at least a couple, every time we actually have a face-to-face meeting, that those interactions are a lot more meaningful.

Just going through the list, we've got outreach and engagement. We'll have a workshop as well as their update meetings that they will have. Heidi, of course, is organizing the leadership skills workshop with David, and that's what we were talking about this earlier. I'm assuming that Olivier and Tatiana may have another workshop organized. I mean, I assigned some minutes that are relevant. I thought that when we have the ARIWG and Atlas 3 updates by Toby, we should have not only just the ordinary updates, but what's actually happening in those working group and that they should be a good lead in to, hopefully, the session that we have with Goran, Cherine and Leon, which I hope we can actually get. And if they can be part of hearing how we're going with those two areas, it might be relevant to them and for us to get some feedback.

Jonathan, of course, I'm glad he's here because he can tell us what he wants to do with regards to some of his ideas to introduce more to do with a policy that we do. Yrjö and Ana, that we've just discussed, and of course Barack and Wafa. Also, I've included -- because she's a return exchange liaison for ccNSO for the ALAC and very fortunately was part of ALAC anyway, so it's good that they're working together. And as Gisella has mentioned, we do have the groups that we traditionally meet with, so we've got to sort of like -- yeah, I mean, I haven't made contact with the others to sort of see if they would like to meet with us. It's going to really sound like a really packed schedule of programming for us for that week. John, again.

JOHN LAPRISE:

Thank you. John Laprise for the record. I just want to talk about what I was talking about in the first topic that I recommended with respect to compliance. Part of this comes out of discussions I've had offline with a variety of both people in At-Large as well as general At-Large users, and that is there's a lack of understanding about what compliance does. And the conversations I've been starting to have with Jamie and staff, and that is -- so, ICANN has contractual relationships with lots of entities. Within the constraints of those contractual relationships, what I was asking is what recourse does ICANN have when those contracted parties violate contractual terms? And in particular, I want to know how often has ICANN exercised those options over time?

So, you know, I'm basically looking for Jamie to answer some questions about, you know, when contracted parties violate terms of their contract with ICANN, what does ICANN do and how does it do it and

what options does it have? You know, because when we talk about issues about online fraud, issues with respect to the domain space... and a lot of the things that end users are concerned about -- with respect to fraud and security and such -- this is really important that ICANN actually take action where it sees that there are problems. But my question is -- and I'm not particularly clear on this at the moment -- what recourse ICANN has and what options it has exercised in the past and how often it exercises those.

I mean, we hear a lot of calls were better enforcement, but I would like to be a little bit more specific about what that actually means. And that's one of the things I hope that comes out of this discussion. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Right. Thank you, John. And I think what we'll do is, you know, see how we can how we can develop that to get those at the end of the session. Jonathan?

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Daniel speaking. Can I have the phone?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, I'll put you in next, Daniel.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Okay, thank you very much.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Okay. Thank you. Jonathan Zuck.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yep. Jonathan?

JONATHAN ZUCK: Thanks, Maureen. This is Jonathan Zuck for the record. I guess I, too, have sort of a mantra related to end-users whenever we have a session like this, so that it's not a generic kind of, you know, compliance road show presentation that could be handled via webinar, but a conversation that is customized to the audience that suggests what the interplay is with end-users, and maybe deliver information in a way that we might take on to a replicate out into the community.

I think one of the things that we're talking about in a number of different areas is the idea of how to better get information out through our ALSes, whether it's about universal acceptance or other issues that relates to ICANN. And so this seems like a perfect area to have a more customized conversation about what's out there for end-users; what their world is like from a compliance standpoint and to get that information in a digestible form that we can then take on as a task to make available to more people in the At-Large community.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yep. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Can I say something? Daniel here.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, Daniel.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: It's Daniel for the record. One thing that I wanted to say, just to reiterate on what Jonathan was mentioning, is that I think there's still a very big telling for newcomers to understand the concept of At-Large. [Inaudible] closed session about having this discussion between At-Large and the newcomers, the fellows, the [inaudible] in one room [inaudible] in At-Large.

I think that would be very good to understand the gist of what is happening in At-Large. I think that would be very good for upcoming engagement and all that are able to come in before, you can help them to get some of the challenges that they get from the end of the session and to add in for respective policies discussed that are happening [inaudible]. Thank you. Back to you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you, Daniel. John?

JOHN LAPRISE: Hello, John Laprise again for the record. I'd like to take Daniel's comment in a slightly different direction. We usually think of

newcomers coming to ICANN to get involved in the work we do, but with respect to these questions of compliance, I think we might be missing a segment in that there are people who come to ICANN not to get involved in what we do, but to complain about the work that ICANN does. And those people are very interested in what we do and probably are, you know, to the extent that we can help them understand, interpret and facilitate their grievances with ICANN, that's sort of part of our remit, too.

So we shouldn't think -- I think when we think of outreach engagement, it's not just outreach engagement to people who want to get involved in ICANN. It's people who have issues with ICANN as well. And this question of compliance gets to that to prepare us better to have conversations with those people who have grievances with ICANN and to be a kind of touch-point for them. Thank you.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Daniel, again. Hello?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes, Daniel. Quickly.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Yeah. Thank you very much. Daniel for the record. One thing is that the prospects can look at the conflicts that are coming in, but once you [inaudible] to see in this dialog or this discussion is what policies are currently being discussed? How are these policies affecting the end-

users, and what is their perception? Some of them are probably not even aware of the different policies that are being discussed.

And [inaudible] for the engagement between the current members who understand these policies and the newcomers and [inaudible] question. What are with going wrong in At-Large that confuses the newcomers or the new members or whatever kind of member is getting involved in other constituencies, like the NCUC, and what's coming to At-Large? I think this is where the policy discussions can be listed to the policy development process. Thank you. Back to you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you. Thanks, Daniel. I think we're all on the same wavelength here. Is there -- okay, Jonathan, do you want to raise some of the things that you're thinking of doing for your policy session?

JONATHAN ZUCK:

Thanks, Maureen. Jonathan Zuck for the record. Yes, and these are a little bit ill defined. I don't know whether or not we'll meet Gisella's deadlines in terms of getting highly specific descriptions in time for the master schedule, because some of it seems most topical at the moment. But, I think if there's an overall theme, in my mind, for the policy discussions at ICANN64, it's this idea of many voices coming together to speak as one. And so I think that, ideally, we would have a session on these policy issues that is an overview of the discussions being had generally within the community and then try to make sure that we reach some consensus in the group that can in turn be evangelized out into the community.

And then the other piece of this is bringing people that are wearing At-Large credentials in workgroups and review teams into our meeting as well and hearing from them what issues are coming up in the context of those workgroups and review teams and what position they're taking and reaching some consensus on that and potentially sending them out with a consensus set of talking points, if you will, for the work going ahead so that there's some consistency in the At-Large voice around the ICANN community.

So that's my inspirational structure after these meetings. And it will take some work and I'm sure some experimentation but I'd like to create a kind of laboratory for consensus at the meeting and then export that consensus through the regional leaders out into the broader community and then also evangelize that consensus to our representatives in various workgroups and review teams around ICANN.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, John. Yeah, I mean, that's really great. I think that that's the sort of thing that we actually really, really need to do within At-Large. And, as you say, it's using the regional chairs and the regional leaders to actually to create a leadership in the area of policy. And, but at the same time, you know, I think that the proposals that you're making and the inspirations that you actually have to ensure that, you know, they're taking the right messages, but they're actually sort of like -- the discussions that we do sort of like have in those workshops actually engender a greater understanding of what it is and what the messages are that they need to be taking back to the NARALO and that it's a consistent message.

So I think -- I'm really looking forward to it because I think we've got to start somewhere and we've got to be starting to look at alternative ways of getting messages out. And I think that, you know, I got a lot of value out of the workshop that we did in Barcelona, where people actually had an opportunity to discuss with each other and then to bring back the collective sorts of views from within the smaller groups to the larger group and then discussing those again to really add some value to the understandings. And for many of us, it was real learning.

So, yeah, I think that once start -- I don't know how you're going to go about starting to get topics, we did sort of say that, you know, the titles of the workshops are going to be more specific, so that people are more aware of what it is that we're doing.

But I would also like to encourage that ICANN org have got expertise right across the board, and that we should be making use of them. You know, the coms unit, ICANN learn, all those people need to be incorporated in some way into the program, not to talk about themselves, but to talk about how they can actually help us in a particular stream of work that we may be doing. And it may be that they may be needed and somebody may be needed in every single workshop we run, but this is what I think is really important in a way. John, did I see your hand go up? Did you want to add something?

JOHN LAPRISE:

You did. I didn't want to interrupt you by raising my hand, but yes, I see the reference to experts and I think that's a good idea. We do have experts not only in ICANN org but other members of the community

that we shouldn't be afraid to invite in to leverage that expertise in creating a better workshop, that's for sure. So I'll continue to noodle what makes the most sense there in terms of overall issues that are on the horizon.

And I guess, finally, the idea of mobilizing that At-Large community in an information campaign is something that's come up a number of times. It came up in the FICA, for those that were able to hear me despite my losing my voice. And it was basically Leon's suggestion for a FICA type that I ran with at the meeting in terms of how the At-Large community can better partner with ICANN.org in information campaign. And I think that that's its own session. It's not so much about specific policy, but more about, you know, how the At-Large structure can be a benefit and not just a burden to ICANN, because it flows both ways, if that makes sense.

And so I think that there's some value to pursue there and it's probably worth a session in conjunction with some folks inside ICANN.org to talk about things like universal acceptance and other issues where At-Large can be useful as part of an information campaign.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Right. Thank you. Is there anything else that anyone else would like to raise? I mean, this is an information gathering session, really. We're trying to get some ideas and, you know, if anyone has anything that they'd like to coordinate or organize, please do. Have a chat with Jonathan or myself or Heidi so that we can work together on them and organize. [Inaudible]. That message is over. Okay, yeah.

And I think that one of the things that's actually coming out of today's discussion are those priorities and the end-user focus, and we're actually sort of, like, really trying to just widen the service and be more inclusive and all those feeling good things. But yeah, including asking for more GSE staff. Heidi, what does that mean?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Hi, Maureen. This was just a point about -- I suspect that you will have a FICA with Goran and the RALO chairs will have a FICA with Goran in Kobe. And it would be useful if, as a start, that all of you coordinate with At-Large on what are the questions that you should raise with him that will move all of your priorities forward. What we heard in the FICA with Goran and RALO leaders was sort of somewhat random questions. And even one person asked for more GSE staff while [inaudible].

MAUREEN HILYARD:

What was that?

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Perhaps it would have been more useful to ask for more At-Large staff and not more GSE staff. So, just a thought. And then the second point on that, you know, it would be useful to just coordinate what At-Large people are saying within all the other meetings and public forums so it's not just self-interested questions but it's more, you know, "What are your key message points?" So that everyone who goes and speaks publicly moves that message forward.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Sure, yeah.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Right. Thank you. Jonathan, do you want to lead that? Maybe you can lead that. Do you volunteer for that? How about another yes?

JONATHAN ZUCK: Oh, lead what? The discussions about what those priorities should be?

MAUREEN HILYARD: That messaging.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Sure. If I'm the right person, I'm happy to do that, but I'm definitely a fan of us doing it, so...

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay, perfect. Well, we need someone to coordinate it.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah. I think that they --

JONATHAN ZUCK: Okay. I'm -- I accept.

MAUREEN HILYARD: -- It's a session in itself, really, looking at coordinating our prospective and motions to other people. Yep, that's cool.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Or anything -- sorry, I'm going to raise my hand. Perhaps --

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yeah, that's okay.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Sorry. Maybe Jonathan can coordinate the policy messaging and the outreach and engagement could be done by either Daniel or, you know, other people who are working on outreach engagement issues. But at least they should all be working together, like John Laprise, Sebastian. I'm looking at your organic gram. You know, they should all be working together to get that messaging straight.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: This is Daniel for the record. Can I suggest something?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes.

DANIEL NANGHAKA: I think there is a document that is online that is going to list down all the respective sessions that we're going to get in to. I think that once we have that all compiled up -- because it's a work in program -- the link

will share something about that, but I can share the link later on. Because they're supposed to know which sessions are being run by office and engagement and what our objectives will be. And both of the respective ideas in the sessions will be possible at the end. Thank you. So far, I think the coordination is already happened. Yes. Back to you.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

No, that is correct, Daniel. And I think that that's important because I think what came out of that meeting yesterday was the importance of actually getting the strategy outlined and detailed so that there is a better comfort level within outreach and engagement about what it entails and what it actually means, so that everyone can follow it as the standard.

And I think that that's the kind of messaging that we're trying to get out, just as there's messaging about policy, there's messaging about, you know -- and mainly related to the organigrams, but the way in which we do things within At-Large. So, you know, that it's consistent and that people are actually understanding where we're coming from with regards to, you know, just the way that we operate in various activities.

So, I really do appreciate that -- Joanna put her hand up -- and how it's going to help outreach and engagement team get that strategy coordinated. Okay, so any other questions or queries? Because, this meeting does not have to last long, except that, you know, if we're just getting those ideas. Judith?

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN:

Yes, it's Judith Hellerstein for the record. I think -- what about -- there were a lot of topics on the outreach engagement call about capacity building and working with ICANN learn. So, maybe we want to figure out how we could sort of in a way get some of the webinars put on easily there or is there a way for, like, an easy access so that others can review these sessions afterwards? So, make it more user friendly for other people to see the webinars, because they talked about them not being seen afterwards.

And I know Jolly says that most of the sessions that he does, the views are more after the fact, after they completed them during the event. So we may want to look at something like that and figure out how we can best work with the people in ICANN who do that stuff.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Judith. And I think that's probably going a little more go into the details of what we're doing. But, I am aware -- and Daniel is probably going to say that that is going to be incorporated into a lot of the capacity building anyway -- but that will no doubt actually come up within the strategy. So, you know, how we do things and what we do will be -- once a strategy's in place and then we can actually sort of look into the logistics of it all. But thank you for that. Okay. Daniel? Sorry, I butted in.

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Yep. Daniel for the record. What I wanted to mention is that Judith brings a very interesting point. But since we already have a team that is addressing the capacity building in [inaudible]? In case --

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN: No, but I'd be happy to --

DANIEL NANGHAKA: Great. So we can probably add Judith to that team. One thing is that after we implement the capacity building [inaudible] strategy, it's going to be [inaudible] of how we can get it delivered from the existing channels and how to make the most for engagement and how to enhance the capacity of the different individuals of ALSes. [Inaudible] attached to the different [inaudible] webinar [inaudible].

In case of the regions that was lacking, [inaudible]. If you look at the [inaudible] we discovered that we have been utilizing so much of webinars but they still [inaudible]. Summaries like EURALO do not attend the webinars, but what is the use of continuing to have the webinars if they are not driving [inaudible]. I know that the opportunities are going to come up in the capacity building strategies. Thank you, back to you, Maureen.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Great. Thank you, Daniel. I'm glad you mentioned that, but it is actually going to be part of the meeting. Remembering that this is just about the planning. This is a planning meeting. It's actually looking at how we can coordinate all the different sessions. So what is actually within the content of it all that can be done later down the track and also within the smaller groups that are actually coordinating those sessions. So,

taking on board what you said, especially from yesterday. So, let's just leave it at that, and we will move on.

Glenn has mentioned the banners and I had someone mention that there are some tabletop pop-ups that are being discussed by the different RALOs, and we want to try and see if we can get them for the Kobe meeting for APRALO. But Heidi, I was just sort of saying that we might need to have a deadline as to, you know, when the RALOs get back to us so that we can actually put in an order for those RALOs that decide to take up the option. So that, you know, the others, if they're too late, they can do theirs later. But anyway, that's something we can look at it. And you had your hand up, Heidi, sorry.

HEIDI ULLRICH:

Yes, thank you, Maureen. Yeah. So on that, Claudia and I have just been waiting for one email with all of the language versions that you would like. And based on that, Claudia will then go and see what the cost would be and then see if there is funding available within policy. If not, then we'll have to ask that RALO discretionary funding request be submitted for that. But I think that we're in good time for Kobe. I'm not worried about that.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Okay. All right. That's good. So, any other questions or queries? Okay, so I'm assuming that everyone --

DANIEL NANGHAKA:

Yeah, Daniel for the record.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Daniel, yes? Hurry. Can you hurry?

DANIEL NANGHAKA: I'll say that it's all good in the progress. Thank you, back to you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay, thanks a lot. Yeah, as I was saying, I'd really appreciate it if people can sort of, like, really start getting their thinking caps on and looking at, you know, sort of like either being part of the -- involving yourself and connecting yourself with a lead and someone who is organizing something you'd like to take part in, or organizing something, an alternative. And it doesn't have to be a long session. It may be some kind of, you know, short intervention type thing. Just 15, 20 minutes, whatever. But it's just something that we need to be able to coordinate, that's all. And so we'd like those suggestions in as soon as possible.

And if there's no other questions or queries, looking at the next meeting -- oh, hang on. It doesn't say anything about the sort of, like, critical scheduling, Gisella. I just meant to say that you've already mentioned all the other things that we've actually got to include, those extra meetings. And I'm assuming that that's all at this particular point in time.

GISELLA GRUBER: Maureen?

MAUREEN HILYARD: Yes.

GISELLA GRUBER: Sorry, this is Gisella. I'm not in the AC room. So yes, I'll just do a little summary of meetings that we still need to confirm, as in if we're going to meet SSAC, RSSAC, ASOs. And then the meeting forms, I won't start submitting them until probably the week of the 14th of January. And I'm hoping that as the other groups submit their meeting forms, we can actually have a sneak peek to see what they've submitted and to already try and avoid any conflicts.

And then I'll also just confirm exactly which working group need to be meeting; I know that the outreach and engagement need to be meeting, et cetera. So just to make sure that we're clear on that and we've got the correct duration of each meeting to just lock them in.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. So, that would be by January the 14th?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes. And we need a meeting the week of the 7th. I know that Yesim is already on holiday. So, if you're in agreement on Wednesday the 2nd we'll send a doodle up for the week of the 2nd of January.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okay. All right. So that our next meeting will be during that week.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Gisella?

GISELLA GRUBER: Yes, Heidi?

HEIDI ULLRICH: Yeah, I'm sorry, I didn't get that. Did you say a doodle the week of the 7th or a call the week of the 7th?

GISELLA GRUBER: A call the week of the 7th, and we can send the doodle on Wednesday the 2nd.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Okay. Thank you.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Okie dokie. So that will be our next meeting. It will be during that week sometime, depending on the doodle. So, is there anything else? Okay. Well, if not, if I don't see you at the next meeting, which is to do with Atlas 3, I'd like to thank you very much for coming today, but also wishing you all a great holiday. I hope you're having one. I know just living here where I am is sort of holiday enough, I guess. But, you know, I do hope that you'll come back safely in January. And we'll all be working really tight packed it looks like all through the year. So, I really

do appreciate that. I've got a great team here. Thank you very much.
And bye.

GISELLA GRUBER: Thank you, everyone.

JOHN LAPRISE: Bye.

JONATHAN ZUCK: Bye.

HEIDI ULLRICH: Bye-bye. Happy holidays.

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Bye, everyone. Thank you for joining this call. The meeting is now adjourned. Please remember to disconnect your audio. Thank you.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]