
BRENDA BREWER: Hello, everyone. Welcome to SSR2 Review plenary call number 57 on the 17th of January, 2019 at 15:00 UTC.

Attending the call today is Ram, Alain, Eric, Laurin, Denise, Naveed, Norm, Boban, Kerry Ann, and Kaveh. There are no observers at this time, and I have no apologies.

Attending from ICANN Org is Jennifer and Brenda. Today's call is being recorded. I'd like to remind you to please state your name before speaking, and I'll turn the call over to Jennifer. Thank you.

JENNIFER BRYCE: Great. Thanks, Brenda. So, item number one is just a reminder to please complete the Doodle poll. There's a Doodle poll that was circulated to the list regarding a potential face-to-face meeting after Kobe around the May timeframe. This is an agenda item on the face-to-face meeting in Los Angeles next week to determine whether or not the group thinks it's actually necessary to have that meeting. However, we do want to start doing as much advance planning as possible.

So, I think there's, last time I checked, seven or eight respondents to that Doodle poll, so perhaps, Brenda, you could drop the link into the chat room, and you can fill that out if you have not done so yet. Item B on the agenda is an item that Boban added, so perhaps he'll want to speak to it, but I assume this is just to remind everybody that there is a shutdown at the moment in the U.S., and so apparently, according to the latest articles, there should not be delays [inaudible] however,

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

things might change, so just keep that in mind. Boban, was there anything else that you wanted to add to that particular agenda item? Boban, if you're speaking, we can't hear you, unfortunately.

BOBAN KRSIC: Can you hear me now?

JENNIFER BRYCE: Yes.

BOBAN KRSIC: So, no, nothing special, only the question [inaudible] raised it up, and so, "Boban, what do you think about it, do you have any status on it?" And I said, "Okay, I'll ask some people in the U.S. about it." Because they are closer to the situation. And I'm fine with this URL that [inaudible] sent yesterday to the list, and I think there will be no delay or impact on the wait time or something due to the partial shutdown. So, I'm fine with this one and have no questions.

JENNIFER BRYCE: Okay. Thank you. With that, unless anybody else has any questions, I'll hand over to you, Laurin, for item number two. Thanks.

LAURIN WEISSINGER: Just a quick question regarding the hotel confirmations for L.A. I haven't got anything. Just to make sure that this is coming or that I'm like a strange outlier.

JENNIFER BRYCE:

Thanks, Laurin. And other team members can correct me, but my understanding is that nobody has yet received the hotel confirmation. The hotel has been confirmed as the Jamaica Bay Inn, and it's very close to the Los Angeles International Airport as well as the ICANN offices for those of you who have visited the offices before. It's a short cab journey from the airport.

However, we will keep following up with our colleagues in the meetings team to make sure that you get the confirmation e-mail like you usually do. However, I can assure you that the rooms have been booked and the Jamaica Bay Inn is the location of the hotel and will be where the meeting itself takes place as well.

LAURIN WEISSINGER:

Thanks a lot. Okay. So, with Russ not being here yet, I will quickly go through the SSR1 recommendation [set,] essentially what happened. As we were struggling to kind of put all this stuff in the document as a group, what happened was that we decided on the leadership call to essentially pull already existing assessment text from the table into a final document.

We did this the following way. I pulled the text, did some edits so that it kind of works out, and Russ reviewed everything. There were a few where this wasn't possible, and we contacted the penholders for these, and as far as I know, already, they have done certain things.

So, essentially, what we're calling the team to do is to really go through the documents, not the table but the final recommendation document, see if there are any errors, if there are any issues, if something is incomplete, if the [kind of] assessment is correct.

This is obviously particularly important for the recommendations where you – whoever you is – have done research, because obviously, both Russ and myself are not perfect, and we don't know everything about all the recommendations. So, [read through and] review them, make sure the document is in good shape, because we need to have a consensus call next week during the face-to-face meeting, and it would obviously be not very useful if things are not kind of up to standard by then.

If there are any questions, please raise them. I see a hand. Kerry Ann, please go ahead.

KERRY-ANN BARRETT:

Hello. Just a quick one. Once everybody has reviewed and provided comments, I was just wondering if the leadership team will be the ones that will just accept the changes and just clean the document, and everyone will just have consensus that that section of the report is just finalized, instead of having to [inaudible] the text again once all the comments have been consolidated.

LAURIN WEISSINGER:

That would be feasible. However, we have one problem, and that is that this document is shared on our Drive, which means that everyone has edit rights, meaning that if people are able to press the "track changes"

button, we would be able to kind of do that. And I'm happy to go ahead with that so that, essentially, if everyone just uses the suggest mode, we can kind of track the changes, see what's going on, and then we can at least shorten down the amount of time necessary.

If we're going ahead with this, I would, however, say we need to put a deadline on the suggestions so that someone in the leadership team has a chance to actually go through this and disseminate the then final text before the L.A. meeting. Does that sound okay to everybody?

KERRY-ANN BARRETT:

I think that's okay. I think that's what's needed, as I said on the last call, is just to set a deadline to close off on this text. So, I'm in support of just putting a deadline and final comments being indicated in the suggested mode.

DENISE MICHEL:

And Laurin, apologies, I'm on the phone in transit, not on Adobe. But I think that's a good suggestion.

LAURIN WEISSINGER:

Cool. Okay. What's a functional deadline? I'm thinking if we say Monday – oh, no, way, Monday [inaudible] call. Shall we say Tuesday evening for all [the text in] so we have a chance to edit this and then kind of turn it around? Unfortunately, one day before travel day. Would that work for everybody?

DENISE MICHEL:

I think that's a good deadline, personally.

LAURIN WEISSINGER:

Okay. So, Jennifer, if you could put an action item for this. So, all edits via suggestion mode into the final SSR1 recommendations document by Tuesday, and then we'll go figure out who does the final edits from the [side of the] leadership team. Any other comments on this? No?

Okay, great. So then we can move on to the third agenda item, which is the ICANN SSR Work Stream brainstorm. I would like to hand this over to someone who is actually fully involved in the ICANN SSR. Any volunteers to kind of lead the discussion on that? Or to at least provide an introduction from the perspective of an insider.

BOBAN KRŠIĆ:

Yeah, I can try it. Yes, so because I was a rapporteur of ICANN SSR, and I've have also talked to Russ [in a couple of days,] and to be honest, I don't know at the moment how to best approach the whole topic of ICANN SSR Work Stream in general.

So, the fact is that a long break means that we are de facto back at the starting line, and it has already been difficult to me to remember what happened 13 months ago [inaudible] summary in November 2018. So, I can reference you to the message.

I think, or I would propose, that we should at first consolidate the current notes that we have with the participants from the factfinding meeting in L.A. 2017. I think Norm was there, Denise, Eric, myself, James – no, James, again, left the review team. So I think that was the team in

L.A. And to identify the open issues and to address them. And I think that should be [also] main part for the agenda next week in the face-to-face meeting.

And I think that the people that were in L.A. at that time take a look in the documents and the notes that we have. I will share the link here again in the chat, and yeah, to try to understand, okay, what is still needed to talk about it or to reach the goal to create that part of the documentation and the recommendations. So, that's what I would propose. So, what do you think about it? Denise, you were also in L.A., and I think [inaudible] is on the line, Norm. Any suggestions how to proceed with this issue, or how to [inaudible] or how to work with it?

LAURIN WEISSINGER:

Thanks a lot, Boban. I think that was a great start. I can see Eric has his hand up, so please go ahead.

ERIC OSTERWEIL:

Okay. Boban, you asked for me, so I guess I'm receptive to the comments that I saw Zarko make on the e-mail list where he thought that we may have to sort of kick the hornet's nest back over again. But I'm not entirely sure I understand. I certainly understand we should go and take a look and see if things still stand the test of time. My hope would have been that [when we do that,] that we might very well find that our observations are still worth noting.

So, I wasn't immediately clear why exactly we would for sure have to go back and do another factfinding. But I'm happy to sort of agree with

people if that's what they think. I'd just be curious why or not. So, I was just a little confused about that. I was hoping that if we went to look at the notes, we'd be able to type something up, or that something specific would pop out that we'd have to go redo. Does that seem unreasonable or reasonable, [anybody have] thoughts on that?

BOBAN KRSIC:

Well, I think it sounds reasonable, and I think that we don't need another factfinding meeting. Because we have some outcome from the meeting in L.A. 2017, we should take a look in it. It's only a first draft or a [inaudible] I know it was only to write down some notes, it's nothing else. So, we should take a look at it, and maybe confirm it by the people that [we talked to them in 2017] if it's still the same situation, and then try to structure it and write it down.

So, I don't think that we need another factfinding meeting. So, we need maybe to talk to one, two or three people to confirm the outcome [inaudible] 15 months when we talk about it. And maybe there's some change in the meantime or there were some changes in the meantime, and we just need to confirm it and nothing else.

DENISE MICHEL:

[inaudible] put me in the queue.

LAURIN WEISSINGER:

Yes. I think Norm had his hand up, Denise, and then when Norm's done, just go [inaudible].

NORM RITCHIE: Yeah. Thank you. I was going to say very much the same as you just did, Boban, is that there certainly were some areas that we thought were fulsome, so there's probably no need to go back and review those. But there are some other areas that we thought there's room for [inaudible] or they were lacking in some regards, and it has been 15, 16 months. So, those items, I think we should follow up on. I'm thinking that since we asked some of those questions [inaudible] some staff to say, "Hey, we must do something about it." And perhaps they have in those last 15 months. We should check that.

BOBAN KRSIC: Yeah. [inaudible].

DENISE MICHEL: Again, sorry, I'm just on the phone. I would have done simply a plus one in Adobe Connect. I agree with Boban, Eric and Norm that that's a good track forward.

LAURIN WEISSINGER: Okay. Norm, your hand is still up. Is this new, or is this old? I assume old. So, Russ, I hope you can hear us. Just a quick update. We are discussing point three, and we are already through one and two. And if you want, please take over the call.

RUSS HOUSLEY: Yes, I could hear you. Give me a minute to understand the continuity. Please keep going.

LAURIN WEISSINGER: Okay. Are there any other comments on the ICANN SSR Work Stream brainstorm that haven't been raised yet? No. Okay.

RUSS HOUSLEY: Do we know who we need to interview, if anyone, so that we could start lining up telephone interviews or even see if they're available in L.A.?

LAURIN WEISSINGER: Anyone from the initial ICANN SSR team, do we have any clarity on that? I can also see Naveed is in the queue, but let's try to finish these names first, if possible.

DENISE MICHEL: Please put me in the queue. Or I can respond to Russ.

LAURIN WEISSINGER: Go ahead.

DENISE MICHEL: Okay. Yeah, Russ, I think that's a good suggestion. [Those who] volunteered and who were involved in SSR1 before the team was suspended can go through the key topics and sort of findings and information collected. There was also some follow-up questions that

were provided and flagged, perhaps really next week, those matters where it would be useful to have a check-in with staff. So, we could perhaps aim to do that by the Tuesday deadline as well.

LAURIN WEISSINGER: Okay. If the ICANN SSR team, old team are happy with that, could we add an action item for that please? Also, I can see Naveed is in the queue, and I think we are done with [the names] so far, so Naveed, please go ahead.

NAVEED BIN RAIS: Hi, everyone. Can you hear me?

LAURIN WEISSINGER: Yeah.

NAVEED BIN RAIS: Okay, so my comment or question is, I understand that this ICANN SSR and DNS SSR were partially completed before the pause, and we have some aspects that were matured enough before the pause was made. [This I] I understood by the discussion as well over the time since we restarted.

So, I was just wondering if we will be relating those, at least, that are matured, with the topics that are included in SSR1 recommendations and our document, and try to relate those too so that they don't look

like standalone and separate documents. So, do we plan to do this at some stage?

RUSS HOUSLEY:

In the report, we already have a couple places where we have forward pointers to say this is a topic that needs more work, but we don't have recommendation, and those forward pointers, we'd need to make sure, actually point to something that makes sense. I think we should also make a pass to see once that section is done if we have a place where there is a recommendation that overlaps that we just have one recommendation instead of two overlapping ones.

But I think it's important that we move on and get the work done, and then we can make sure the report reads well as a final step as opposed to it driving the way we do the work.

LAURIN WEISSINGER:

And having gone through all the recommendations from SSR1, there are a few kind of key points that, essentially, we have raised many times [that will] probably turn into recommendations [on that.] That said, I also have the feeling that we have to kind of say, "Okay, this is what we say about SSR1," and then when other things are complete, we can kind of look more deeply into these connections.

Also, before [the other work] isn't done, it's really tough for us to kind of do [inaudible]. So, probably, there has to be [perhaps] a kind of final round of tying everything together.

RUSS HOUSLEY: Naveed, are you happy with that approach?

NAVEED BIN RAIS: Yeah. Actually, I'm okay. I was just relating it to something that, if it is done already, it is mature already, it might be very quick for people who have been involved in that to quickly relate the SSR1 document to see where those fit. Because I understand that SSR1 recommendations also are categorized among ICANN SSR and DNS SSR. So [if] something that they think we already have some kind of recommendation on that, so I was just trying to see it in that retrospective way to see whether we can relate at this moment. Or I'm happy doing it later.

LAURIN WEISSINGER: Sure. I'm not 100% sure I have a position on [some of this] right now. I don't know, really, what the best approach is. I guess this is – we're able to discuss it now if anyone has any position.

BOBAN KRSIC: [inaudible].

NAVEED BIN RAIS: Well, we can keep it as a decision point during our face-to-face [inaudible] I'm not in a hurry to get an answer to what I just raised, so we can have a quick discussion on this face-to-face [inaudible].

BOBAN KRSIC: Okay. Thank you, Naveed. That's also what I would like to propose, to talk about it next week. Yeah, because it's not mandatory to decide it at the moment. I would like to go back to the action item for Tuesday regarding ICANN SSR. So, Laurin, you proposed to define an action item to review the stuff and to try to find [a list and information] to the rest of them in the face-to-face meeting next week with the relevant people? Or [how'd you describe it best?]

LAURIN WEISSINGER: So this action item, I'm just trying to read it. so, I think the main thing that Russ was pointing to was that we need to kind of figure out who the people are that we kind of have to talk to again. I hope I'm not misrepresenting Russ' point.

And I think the idea is simply to say, have a look at what was done, who are the people that we need to talk to. Does that make sense, or did I completely miss what you were asking?

BOBAN KRSIC: No, it makes sense, yeah. It sounds good to me.

LAURIN WEISSINGER: Okay. Do we have anything else for the ICANN SSR Work Stream brainstorm point we're currently discussing? I can see Jennifer. Sorry, you're so far up there. you have your hand up. Please go ahead.

JENNIFER BRYCE:

Hi. No worries. It's just on that point, on the action item for the former subteam members to take a look at the outcomes from the L.A. meeting and the previous work that was done on the subgroup. There's a lot of information on the Wiki, and I understand that's not always the easiest to locate, so I can take an action item to send an e-mail to the list, to the entire team, with just some pointers.

I know there's a draft report that was put together at the time, or just some bullet points really is all it is. And then there were some questions that the team asked as we have since had – there's two from ICANN staff as late as December 2018, so they're current. So I'll send all that information to the list if that would be helpful for those who are going through the exercise of [inaudible] meeting.

LAURIN WEISSINGER:

I think having both would make the most sense. I can also see Naveed raised his hand while Jennifer was speaking. Naveed, please go ahead.

NAVEED BIN RAIS:

Yeah. Actually, I was wondering – again, I'm sorry about coming back with the SSR1 document again and again, but in some of the [others] that I made there, actually, they require interviews to be conducted with the community to get an indication whether the actual framework was implemented by the community or not, because the information we get from ICANN has actually no suggestion or no evidence whether this was done or not. But interviews might be helpful in that respect, and we can later improve our recommendations related to those aspects. I'm talking about, again, ICANN security, stability and resiliency-

related activities, the framework, the policies that they had to make, the implementation, the different models that were proposed in SSR1. So a lot of things.

So, I think we need to set up some interviews with the community to help us get a better picture of what [will happen as to] the community.

LAURIN WEISSINGER: Okay. Thank you, Naveed. I think this is another one that might be easier to kind of review face-to-face, potentially just with what we already kind of said we would discuss face-to-face. I hope that's okay.

Is there anything else on the ICANN SSR Work Stream brainstorm that we should think about this week? Please go ahead if anyone has any points to bring.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: No, I'm fine.

LAURIN WEISSINGER: Okay, that looks good. Again, Jennifer, thank you for the idea to send out the additional reminder, and thanks to the subteam for their points. For agenda point four, the DNS SSR Work Stream, if he wants, I'd like to turn over to Russ to continue.

RUSS HOUSLEY: Okay. Thank you. I'm actually going to pass this one to Eric. Eric, you started figuring out how to approach this. More needs to be done, I

know. that's why we need to brainstorm it so that we can figure out what we need to do. Can you lead us through this?

ERIC OSTERWEIL:

Sure. Unless I can hot potato it to somebody else. Can I pass to somebody else? No? Okay. Yeah, so basically, I started thinking about how I thought my personal opinion – subject to the team's review of how to decompose the DNS SSR Work Stream – and where I personally wound up with – and so certainly happy to have a discussion about this – is that, I think, starting from top-down concerns, in my opinion, would yield more fruit than bottom-up.

So, instead of looking at which pieces of architecture, infrastructure or [identifier space] are managed by ICANN, etc., it'd be easier to start off with things that we think are general concerns, SSR concerns in general, and then trace back those that we think do map to ICANN's [wheel state] or ICANN [elements.]

So, to that end, I've put together a list I'm going to paste into the chat room now, and I'll read aloud for those that are on phone only. It looks like it's not going to format properly. Okay, I can do them one at a time.

So as I paste them in one at a time, I'll read them out. The first one – and they're in no particular order, it's just things that occurred to me and also kind of to level set for people what I think the right levels and [inaudible] to get started. And I think this should be the start of a hopefully healthy discussion on the team that may ultimately completely change the actual [inaudible] direction.

So, the first one that I pasted is the root KSK rollover. So, again, this would be sort of like, hey, there's something topical, there's a number of aspects and elements to it, there's open discussion. This was certainly brought up on our own team call or team mailing list a couple times. So, it's, I think, worthy of at least discussion and then using the primer or, what do we call it, the preliminary text that we discussed, trace it back to see, does it relate to any elements under ICANN's domain.

Then the next item was alternate root deployment and coexistence. The next one is rootzone SSR measurement reports. The next one is top-level domain SSR measurement reports. Next one is namespace abuse. Next one is IANA registry SSR measurement reports. Next one is root KSK crypto, so status, agility, etc. And then finally, IANA numbers review.

So, these were things that I think some will maybe seem like they make more sense than others to some people. So, certainly, I don't presume that they all necessarily have to stay. And I didn't want to do this work all on my own without working with the team anyway. So, I was hoping this would get people thinking, get people started on what other issues or abuse items or whatever you think we ought to consider.

And then some of this stuff will wind up getting thrown out as we start to trace it down and see what does and doesn't relate to ICANN stuff, but I think, almost necessarily, all of it will evolve. In other words, I think things like namespace abuse are incredibly too broad, but what I'm hopeful is that with the diverse constituency we have on this team, that various will people say, like, "Well, inside the namespace, the abuse

things I care about are X, Y and Z,” and things like that high-level bullet point will get blown out into more specific concerns.

RUSS HOUSLEY: Eric, I have a question.

ERIC OSTERWEIL: Yeah, go ahead.

RUSS HOUSLEY: I like all your topics, but three or four years ago – I can't remember exactly – there was an update to the rootzone that was incorrect, and then there was a quick fix applied, and everything went fine. But my question is, could the QA process have caught that ahead of time? And I just wonder where, I don't know, breaking down of this task, that question would be asked.

ERIC OSTERWEIL: Yeah. That's a really good one. Actually struggling to think of what this specific instance you're talking about is, but taking it kind of in general, yeah, I think we should figure out a bullet point. Maybe it's change control for the rootzone or something like that.

RUSS HOUSLEY: That would be great sure.

ERIC OSTERWEIL: [inaudible].

RUSS HOUSLEY: It may be that this is just a red herring, but if we don't investigate, we won't know.

ERIC OSTERWEIL: I like it a lot. And it's an excellent example of where I don't think I got it all right, so by all means, everyone, please add, subtract, whatever. And I feel like the call today is a starting point that, I think, hopefully can get a little more air time in upcoming calls, face-to-face, whatever, to actually get people's creative juices engaged on this one, because if we do take this top-down approach, which I personally feel like is going to work best, it's best if it draws from people's sort of background and interests and where you're coming from and what you're seeing.

And we'll throw a lot of spaghetti against the wall and a lot of it won't stick, and I think we're all professional enough to deal with that. And what I hope we wind up with is, here are all the things that are real problems or will be problems or have been problems in the Internet, and they are the ones, they are the things that trace back to things that relate to SSR [of the] unique identifier system managed by ICANN. I feel like this is the right way to go.

Does anybody have any comments or questions? I'm going to pause to take a breath and not steal all the oxygen. I know this is coming kind of right out of nowhere for a lot of folks, because there hasn't been a lot of

discussion about DNS SSR, and I do have it in a Word document that I'll share. I just didn't bother to share it yet, because life.

So, by all means, don't feel like you have to answer now, but I would very much appreciate any feedback, early or otherwise. Okay, cool. Well, once I send this out to the list, I will hope that if anybody has any thoughts, that you feel free to share them. and the extent to which we [seem to come as a team to cross purposes,] I suppose we'll be talking about it online.

But the next step, I would think, assuming we wind up with a candidate, in other words [inaudible] list that we have now including Russ' addition is the canonical starting point, that each of these will be decomposed into, looking at the first one just as an example, root KSK rollover. What are the aspects of that general topic that are SSR concerns?

And one thing could be there's been some discussion on the list about traffic volumes. So we could come up with specific volumes or specific elements of investigation for each of these bullet points, and then those specific elements of investigation, we would decide whether they map back to ICANN, [the real estate in] ICANN's purview, or not. That's my proposal. I see no hands and no comments.

DENISE MICHEL:

Sorry, I'm in transit, not in Adobe. That sounds like a good plan to me. Thanks.

ERIC OSTERWEIL: I see Kerry Ann's giving a nod. Thank you, Kerry Ann. Anybody else? No?
I see a hand up from Laurin.

LAURIN WEISSINGER: Yeah. Just [– okay,] I think this is another one where we also should allocate some time next week to essentially sit down together and kind of go through, and I think you sending around that document providing some ideas to start with is a great starting point.

ERIC OSTERWEIL: Cool. Thank you. Okay, so it looks like this agenda item closes out before Any Other Business, so if anybody's just chomping at the bit, please speak now or forever hold your peace until L.A. But I see no hands and see no comments, so Russ, I'll pass the potato back to you.

RUSS HOUSLEY: Thank you very much. I'd like to figure out how we break these pieces into who needs to be interviewed, what questions we need to get answered during those interviews. I'm not suggesting we do that right now on the call, I'm saying, "Please think about those things." Boban used that [inaudible] tool to basically decompose each of these things. I'm not saying a particular tool has to be used, but we do need to get to the point where we have that information so we can schedule the interviews and get the information we need to write that piece of the report. So, think about that between now and when we're together roughly a week from now.

Boban is typing.

BOBAN KRSIC: No, I'm not. Not anymore. I deleted it. [inaudible] Trello because we have one board, and as I can remember, Jennifer set up for every subteam one dedicated board. So, I think when we have the tool in place, then we should also use it. But it's up to you to decide on it. But why [voice is for] Trello.

RUSS HOUSLEY: Okay. Is there Any Other Business we need to cover today? Okay, not hearing anything, Jennifer ,would you take us through the action items?

JENNIFER BRYCE: Sure. Thanks, Russ. Okay, so action items for today. Team members to use suggestion mode to make any final suggestions to the text in the SSR1 Google document by Tuesday, the 22nd of January at 23:59 UTC, after which the leadership team will go through the changes in the document ahead of [a substantive call] to be held in L.A. during the face-to-face meeting on that [inaudible] that's in the document.

Those involved in ICANN SSR former subteam to go through the outcomes from the L.A. meeting and previous subgroup work [inaudible] any areas or more follow-up or interviews are required.

I have an action item to circulate the information from the Wiki that would be helpful for that exercise regarding the ICANN SSR subgroup meeting in Los Angeles.

Eric is going to share the list of DNS SSR topics to the e-mail list for team members to share any input, and you're welcome to please share any edits or updates to the action items if you have any.

And I just have a couple of other items which Brenda has typed here in the chat. Please remember to send your dinner menu selections for those of you who'll be in Los Angeles for the face-to-face meeting for the team dinner on Friday.

And due to the Thursday night being a travel day for lots of people, there will be no call next week, so we will speak again on Friday face-to-face. And I see Kerry Ann has a hand raised. Please go ahead, Kerry Ann.

KERRY-ANN BARRETT:

This is just for Any Other Business. Just in case I missed it completely. It's possible. My life has been a little bit crazy at work, so I apologize to everyone. The precise dates for face-to-face in Kobe, was that determined yet? Because I just needed to start scheduling it in our calendar [at the] office, so I just wondered if you had a precise date for the face-to-face. [I know right now we're just considering] all of the ICANN meeting, which on my calendar is saying the 7th to the 15th. So I just needed to know if we had the precise dates for the face-to-face [inaudible].

RUSS HOUSLEY:

Yes, we do. We're meeting on March 8th, 9th and 15th.

KERRY-ANN BARRETT: Thanks a lot, Russ.

RUSS HOUSLEY: The current plan is to put together the presentations for the outreach at the beginning and then use the 15th to filter what we learned back into the report.

KERRY-ANN BARRETT: Okay. Thanks a lot, Russ.

KAVEH RANJBAR: Hello. Russ, sorry, I don't have Adobe. May I add an AOB [inaudible]?

RUSS HOUSLEY: Go ahead.

KAVEH RANJBAR: So, basically, because I saw the mail from Ameen, I guess resigning, I just wanted to know if leadership has any plans to contact his constituency and then see if there would be a replacement or if there is any plan, or the team is deciding to just continue without him.

RUSS HOUSLEY: We haven't had that discussion yet. I'm actually of two minds on that myself. One is that we could use help, but the other mind is that, looking back from the new members and how long it took them to come up to speed after the meeting last August until they were actually up to

speed and contributing, I wonder if a new member could actually be up to speed and contributing in time to actually lend help. That's my two minds. If you guys have thoughts, I'd love to hear them.

KAVEH RANJBAR: Fair enough. Thank you. So, if there is any decision on that from leadership, please kindly communicate that [inaudible]. Thanks very much.

LAURIN WEISSINGER: I can see Kerry has her hand up. I'm not sure if this is old. Yes, okay. Just a suggestion regarding the resignation. If we could put this on leadership call agenda next week, and then we should have something by the time the face-to-face comes around, if that's fine for everybody.

RUSS HOUSLEY: Makes sense to me. Okay, I'm not seeing any more hands. I think that means we've exhausted the other business, and you get two minutes back. Alright. Thank you.

LAURIN WEISSINGER: Thank you, everybody. Bye.

JENNIFER BRYCE: Thanks, everyone. Bye.

BOBAN KRSIC: Thanks. Bye.

NORM RITCHIE: Thank you. Bye.

DENISE MICHEL: Thanks. Bye.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]