

CLAUDIA RUIZ: Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening everyone. Welcome to the EURALO monthly teleconference call on Tuesday, July 10th 2018 at 17:00 UTC. On the call today we have Olivier Crepin-Leblond, Sebastien Bachollet, Wale Bakare, Annette Mulberg, Matthias M. Hudobnik, Leon Sanchez, Maureen Hilyard, Yrjo Lansipuro, and Matthieu Camus. We have received apologies from Sandra [inaudible], Christopher Wilkinson, Andrei [inaudible], Colin Perth, and a tentative apology from Bastian [inaudible]. On staff today we have Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Evin Erdogdu, and myself Claudia Ruiz on call management. Before we begin the call I would like to remind everyone to please state their name before speaking for transcription purposes, and with this I turn over to you Olivier. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking and today we have a shortish sort of agenda, our usual monthly call an hour earlier due to football game going on afterwards which might drain a number of people away from this exciting discussion we're going to have. Roll call... is actually roll call and adoption of the agenda, so after the action items, we're going to be looking at the ALAC public consultations and then FY19 financials, the Panama policy discussion, follow up, just a quick summary of what has been discussed over there and then a discussion on further Panama activities, that includes the joint NCSG and at-large outreach, and also the ALAC pending announcement, there are two announcements, one to do with the incoming ALAC chair and the other one to do with the EURALO candidates to nominating

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

committee. I understand there has been a request to move the ALAC pending announcements forward, immediately after the roll call... actually we'll do the action items first and then immediately after the action items. If that is OK, are there any objections to move this over? Going once, going twice, going three times. OK, so that's been moved over to immediately after the pending action items, and I am not seeing any hands up for any other changes to the agenda, so apart from this small change the agenda is adopted as it currently is on your screen. Let's move quickly to the pending action items and there are three sets of action items which actually repetitive, the first one is only one left from the 27th March meeting, and that was for me to follow with Annette Muhlberg when she is back in her office to organize a webinar on the topic of framework of interpretation and to develop its checklist for human rights impact assessment. Unfortunately, so far the working group, the work party that deals with human rights has not moved forward on the proposal for the human rights impact assessment and for the framework of interpretation. So, as far as I understand at the moment we do not appear to have any material for this. We do have Annette Muhlberg on the call, maybe Annette, have you followed up or have you followed the process of this work party? Annette might be muted. Probably is muted. OK, we don't have Annette, let's just move on. [inaudible], now we can hear her, go ahead.

ANNETTE MUHLBERG:

Now it works finally, thank you. Yeah. No, your information is right Olivier, but I'm in touch with some folks, there might be something in Autumn going on. I am just gathering material, but there is nothing new out there now.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: OK, thanks for this Annette, we'll keep this... what we might do is just tick the box in the action items from the 27th March and make sure we put them in a new listing. So we don't have to look at all of these various months of action items like this, we'll consolidate this. Thanks for this Annette. The ones for the May call, there were two of them, there's the one about considering panel or talking to participate in a republica in 2019, we'll be discussing this a little bit later today with regards to FY19 [inaudible], and then Olivier and Wale are to start populate the EURALO event calendar with regional events and I must admit we haven't had a chance to look at that yet. So Wale, let's speak in the next week and see how we can populate that event calendar together. Then if we look at the June action items, we've got the one with Annette, we've got the one with republica and then the next one is for Yrjo to follow up on the FY19 RALO discretionary funds to fund local activities for RALOs, we have an item later on today on this. Yrjo and Olivier to solicit input from ALSes to work with privacy and GDPR and provide comments on the public consultation ICANN seeking community feedback on the proposed unified access model. We'll be providing an update about this later on today as well, and the full report from [inaudible] 2018 will be published on the [inaudible] Wiki, I haven't checked whether it's been published so far. I will have to see, it might be that our travelers have not finished their crop reports yet, but I'll follow up with that. Then for Olivier, [inaudible], Wale, and Yrjo to volunteer to be members of the social media working group. There is a call on the social media working group later on this week and I was

going to ask staff whether all of the people listed there have been added to the social media working group mailing list, etc etc?

SILVIA VIVANCO: Hello Olivier, this is Silvia. I have my colleague Evin Erdogan, she is in charge of organizing the social media working group, perhaps if Evin, if you're able to speak can you confirm that the names have been added to the mailing list Wiki?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Evin Erdogan?

UNKNOWN SPEAKER: I see that Evin is typing something in the chat at the moment.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: OK. Confirming the RALO reps for social media, OK, but there is a call later on this week so I do hope that they're listed otherwise they will miss the call. Sebastien Bachollet, you had your hand up.

ANNETTE MUHLBERG: Do we just discuss social media? Annette speaking.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: We did it last month.

ANNETTE MUHLBERG: No no, I mean right now. So... I am just wondering.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Right now we're not discussing... well we're just doing the follow up on the action item, that's all we're doing.

ANNETTE MUHLBERG: Yeah, alright.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Sebastien Bachollet you have the floor.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you very much Olivier. Yeah it was just to tell you that on Monday, [inaudible] we had a day of the scientific advisor on [inaudible] about human rights and protocols and not only it was in French, it could be interesting to include that in our input from the discussion about human rights within ICANN.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much Sebastien for this, thanks for the update. I am not seeing any other hands up. Let's continue then, I think we've done all the action items so we can move straight to the next part and we have moved the pending announcements forward. Incoming ALAC chair is the first one, and there was an election that took place, I think we can call it election rather than selection, it was a proper vote and electoral process that took place, with two candidates stepping forward to take

on the hard task of being the next ALAC chair, big challenging job. I know a little bit about it and the two people were Maureen Hilyard and Tijani Ben Jemaa. The vote took place and it's Maureen who won the vote and is therefore going to be the next ALAC chair, starting from the AGM which is in October this year and we just happen to have Maureen on the call. First, congratulations from our RALO, congratulations for stepping forward, getting ready to take over from Alan and yeah I guess it's great to see you there. I guess you have the floor.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you Olivier, and thank you EURALO for letting me attend this morning. I'm just wanting to introduce myself but also to a fly on the wall, I am very keen to engage the RALOs as much as possible and to the sort of work I would like to see. More collaboration between RALOs and the ALAC. So, as often as I can, I am going to be trying to attend many of the RALO meeting and to support in anyway I can. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you for this Maureen. What time is it in your part of the world, because I gather you're not based around this part of the world, you're on the other side of the planet.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Yes, no. We had a meeting at 6AM for me, it's now 7:15 in the morning, so it's a very civilized hour, so thank you for having your meeting at this hour.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: It's good, it's excellent. We look forward to seeing you on the call regularly since it'll be a civilized time for you, whilst it is a bit less civilized for some other parts of the world. I think what we might do then is... because you know there are not that many people on the call, what we might do if that's OK with you is have a Q&A session maybe with you during our next call. Now this is not going to be in August, it's likely to be in September, by then it'll be closer to you taking on the position and perhaps you'll be able to reflect on some of the ideas that you have for at-large and for the RALOs in the near future.

ANNETTE MUHLBERG: Congratulations to you from all of us now, Annette speaking.

MAUREEN HILYARD: Thank you very much and I'd be happy to do the Q&A.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: OK, super that would be great. Thanks very much. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking, I understand we actually, since we are speaking at the moment with a future leader we'll survey a current leader and that's our boards director at the moment, or the director selected by the ALAC, and that is Leon Sanchez who is on the call, I wondered if you wanted to say a few words as well Leon, since we are going through the motions today?

LEON SANCHEZ: Thank you very much Olivier, can you hear me well?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes, very well.

LEON SANCHEZ: Thank you very much. First, thank you for having me on your call. I promise to be always close and in touch with the RALOs so here I am, and I want to congratulate Maureen on [inaudible] I think she is going to do some great stuff, [inaudible] those shoes will be filled in quite well by Maureen. What I wanted to [inaudible] disruption to your agenda, but, I remember that there were a couple of [inaudible] to collaboration between the ISOC board and the... the iCANN board with regards to ALSes which happen to be [inaudible] and how we can enhance collaboration amongst those ALSes that happen to be [inaudible]. Those who happen to not be [inaudible] to collaborate better and to record a breach of the ALS [inaudible] there is some history back in the old days [inaudible] I would very much be grateful for listen to your thoughts and your concern really on how do you see this collaboration happening and which would be the point that we as board members, Glen, myself, those who are close to at-large [inaudible] so there is a process so we don't end up being more many outcomes than [inaudible].

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much Leon. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. Yes, just to put a context on this, this is a follow up to some of the discussion that we had in Panama where if I understand correctly, it is the wish of both the ISOC board, sorry the board of the internet society and ICANN to work more closely together and one of the ideas was to perhaps have more

ISOC with a chapters engaged in at-large as at-large structures etc, and my concern that I admitted that in a region such as ours, for example, where there is a good balance of chapters, but also of other organizations, other [inaudible] chapters and also of individuals, this might upset the balance. So, that was the jist of my thought on that and so it would be interesting to get some further feedback, perhaps, in EURALO. I wouldn't... I'm not going to ask for feedback right now but perhaps if we can get some feedback in by email, then we can certainly perhaps you know look further to see what could be done.

LEON SANCHEZ:

Yes that would be perfect Olivier. This is Leon again. I might have not convened the message properly in our Panama meeting, but the focus would not be to enhance ISOC chapters as ALSes go, but to see how both organizations of ISOC and ICANN can help ALSes [inaudible] being ISOC chapters to be more active and be more collaborative and to forge maybe the many [inaudible]. There was only a recognition that many ALSes are already ISOC chapters, but that doesn't mean these collaborations or [inaudible] would focus only on them. This would be, or at least as I see it, it would be [inaudible] collaboration so both board would focus on actually enhancing all of the ALS eco-system, [inaudible] and collaboration.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

OK, thanks of this Leon. We have a hand up from Sebastien Bachollet.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you Olivier. As you know I am coming from an ISOC chapter and other ALSes but [inaudible] it is not the job of the board to take any such actions, it is our job to [inaudible] if we want other chapter, ISOC chapter or as a ALS to do more work with one or the other organization, it's our job to do and if we want to do that at the RALO, it's EURALO and other RALO. If it's at the [inaudible]. I am very concerned that the board starts to answer in discussion of what the ALS can do, not do, need to do, and it [inaudible] as the board has already decided to decrease participation of some people to the internet governance staff, so at least there needs to be something for the [inaudible] by that. Maybe I didn't understand at all what he had to say, but if I understand well, let's take time to discuss that not today but another time and be very careful [inaudible] ask us or want us to do, it's not ISOC to tell us. Thank you.

ANNETTE MUHLBERG: May I put my hand up?

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Yes please Annette.

ANNETTE MUHLBERG: Yes, I would just to support both statements by Olivier and Sebastien.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: OK, thanks very much Annette. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. Leon, did you wish to perhaps respond to any of the points that Sebastien has made?

LEON SANCHEZ: Thanks Olivier, this is Leon. I think as Sebastien pointed out we need to [inaudible] in more detail. I see there are some reaction and concerns to this kind of collaboration. It might not be the role of the board to process this collaboration indeed, but we as [inaudible] before actually submitting any type of plan or any kind of access that would [inaudible] ALS environment. I am very grateful for your comments, [inaudible] either directly by email or if you want me to have a call with you I would be most glad to hold that call with you. Yes, I mean this is just the first approach to this idea. I don't [inaudible] before, and [inaudible] during my term, of course, and as I said, I value very much your comments and concerns so I don't end up creating that greater mess than intended. Thank you very much Olivier.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: OK, thanks very much Leon, Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking and I think we really need to get a move on. Thanks for joining us and pointing this out. This is the start of a discussion and there is likely to be more going on and we can follow up with the mailing list, again I realized there are very few people on the call, so one of these things that we can ponder about over the summer. Let's get back to our original agenda and go to our agenda item number 3, which is the review of the ALAC public consultations, and my name is mentioned next to this because I usually do this, I usually go through all of these but in a recent discussion of the RALO chairs, some of the other regions have mentioned that it is their ALAC members that take the group through the whole system and through the consultation because the ALAC members, are those people

who are involved in policy. So, primarily are involved in policy and they should relate back to their group. Of our three ALAC members we received an apology from one of them. I think we've only got one on the call and that's Sebastien Bachollet. Sebastien, I am not going to lumber you with the whole thing, maybe I should have given you a bit more notice and maybe this call was not the correct call to start experimenting with this. Do you wish to take us through this or would you like to just jump in, as I take everyone through this one.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

Olivier, it really is up to you. I guess I can do it, I am sure that I will not do it as well as you do it. You do it each time very very well, and I know which it is a big difference, is that you are very accurate in what you do in that, because you are a very good chair and it is different with the other RALO, I am sure. But, it's up to you, if you want me to go through I can, I am in your hands.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

OK, thanks Sebastien. Olivier speaking. I tell you what, for the sake of timing, since we need to go quick, I'm going to go through these but I will point to you in a couple of them that I am not that well knowledgeable about, but I know that you're following quite closely. There were two statements that were approved by the ALAC recently, one of the dot com domain name, of the one dot com domain name which is effectively O.com and one which was about the RSSAC 2 review and the ALAC has basically said that they're OK with O.com being allocated but requiring that this be recommending that this be third

party auction of some sort to get all of those... all of the money and all the auction proceeds and renewals to go to a non-profit entity of some sort, like a charity or some kind of charitable cause. The draft final report of the RSSAC 2 review, that's the root server advisory committee, there has been a full review of their operation and one of the things in there is engaging more effectively with ICANN. In fact, what's happened since was a RSSAC document has been now drafted which lays out the road for a very very strong engagement with ICANN, to such an extent that a committee is going to be put together that will incorporate someone from at-large. So, we don't yet know if it's a policy committee or something, but it's some kind of a feedback process that will be able to include people from the end user community and if I recall, if I can tell you the RSSAC is the root server system advisory committee, these are the thirteen root servers around the world, it's the first time that they actually engage and recognize that their policies and the work of the root servers need to also take into account the input from the various component parts of ICANN. I think it's quite a big movement that we're seeing here, there's a lot more that will take place in the next few months, and we are likely... the ALAC is likely to have a meeting with the root server system advisory committee in Barcelona, so by then we will know a lot more about what their plans are and we might even be solicited to put someone in a committee that will deal with those root server issues.

The statements in progress, there's so many of them now, it's a bit strange because usually they happen before an ICANN meeting but here there were quite a few that span during the length of the ICANN meeting. The first one is the proposed unified access model, where a

request for feedback on this is requested as soon as possible. That's the proposal that ICANN has sent to the European, well what used to be Article 29 group and now it's just a different name regarding the general data protection regulation, and the way that ICANN was going to implement it. There was a response that was received a few days ago... five days ago, it was sent five days ago, I think it was received yesterday or the day before yesterday that basically says, thank you very much for your response, but we think you're wrong, you got to go back to the drawing board, you've got to change quite a few things in there and so get working again. I am not even sure whether it's worth now commenting on the proposed unified access model, because things are moving so quickly, the response is already there and ICANN's going to have to work to respond to the response. So, the floor is open a bit later on to see if we have to do anything on this. There is a comment on the IPCBC accreditation and access model, so that is the proposal from the intellectual property constituency and business constituency, to then have a long term solution for the access model to non-public data. So, the unified access model is a temporary thing, this model is a long term thing. Again, I'm not even sure whether it's worth working on that if most of this stuff is going to cast aside and one is going to be told I'm sorry this is not going to work out. Maybe it is, I haven't had a chance to look at it in enough detail. There's another public comment about the draft community travel support guideline, that is due in for the 16th July, so again, that's a short notice and a few small changes on this... Alan Greenberg is holding the pen on that, that's more of a process issue on how many people can travel to meetings etc. There is one on the open data initiative data set metadata, now besides all of this hubbub and noise that is going on about the GDPR and you know all the

trauma that one is going through at the moment with these issues, there are some issues that are moving forward in ICANN and the open data initiative is one where the kind of data about domain names, about how many are sold, and how many are renewed and all of the statistics about domain names are effectively going to be shared in an open database and a number of registrars and registries are working on this and are saying they're happy with sharing the data that they have, they just need to have a common format and a common way to be able to share this. The work has been moving quite fast on this. I'm quite positive about this whole process.

There is a draft proposal on the new fellowship program approach, slightly different than the current one, the one currently for the fellowship is the case of where small committee selects all the fellows etc, there might be some changes on this, there is some current restrictions that might be lifted, or there might be new restrictions brought into it. I haven't looked into it in detail, maybe is Maureen is still on the call, she might be able to say a few words on this, since she's listed as the penholder. There is a comment on the short term options to adjust the timeline of specific reviews and there's one on the long term options to adjust the timeline of reviews, these two are somehow linked together because, you know, the reviews for example, the at-large review, the RSSAC review, the GNSO review, the accountability and transparency review... ICANN is filled with tons of reviews about what we do and whether we've done things well. The problem when you review how well you've done is that you end up not doing, because you spend all your time reviewing yourself rather than actually doing what you need to do. Unfortunately that's what the problem is at the

moment with many of ICANN's reviews. I think there were supposed to be 7 ICANN reviews in one year, which is going to basically make all the community review each other and not do any work, so they are looking at changing the timeline and putting some reviews back, starting some others, maybe making them shorter in length or in scope, so if you're interested in this sort of thing then please check those two public comments.

Then there's one on the initial report on the new generic top level domains, some secret procedures policy development process. The overarching issue with work tracks 1-4 is are particularly important. That's the group that has been working for quite some time now, maybe two years, on preparing for another round of new generic top level domains, and basically taking on all the input of how things went well or badly, or what improvements could be done to the previous round and the big question being is there going to be a next round. It looks more and more likely now that there will be a next round, but it might be a limited round, it might be limited to specific things like [inaudible] for example, or maybe limited to community. There's a big report about this and all the findings that are there, quite heroic work shall I say, because it's been going on for so long and it's done to a very good depth. Jonathan Zuck is holding the pen on this, if you're interested in this topic, please check this out and then there is an initial report on the protections of certain red cross names and all generic top level domains, and that's an amendment to the policy process, with a deadline of the 31st July and that's to do with the red cross in particular, as you know the red cross being an international organization, it asked quite a while ago for its name to be protected and so if I remember correctly, some of

the names were corrected so that croix rouge and red cross are protected names if I understand correctly, but I might be wrong. So, I think that after going through these at the moment I should open the floor and let Sebastien speak on any of them that he wishes to speak to. Sebastien Bachollet.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

Thank you Olivier. Very short, I wanted to say that the RSSAC review it's very very interesting, I was at the presentation they made during the ICANN meeting in Panama, I guess I was the only one from at-large. It was really interesting because for the first time, one of the questions is that can we have root server operator retired and with someone else. That is not to say that this will happen, but it's something that is open for discussion and that's very very good I think. they are coming closer to ICANN and I think for us as a [inaudible] important. For the other, you make a good summary, the question of the review discussion on one of the short term for the moment, I have made a proposal for a comment and no yet feedback on that. I hope somebody will make one for the long term, it's very important. My trouble is that there are 300 pages to read one on the original report of the new gTLD subsequent procedure PDP, but if you are interested in what happened for the [inaudible].

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thank you very much Sebastien. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking and there are actually more than 300 pages but you have until the 5th September to be able to read through these, so if you are stuck for finding what kind of beautiful reading you can do during your holiday

time and your peaceful process and peace time then absolutely take this and read it and enjoy it, or alternatively find some literature, but, that... if you're inclined could be interesting. I'm not seeing any other hands up at the moment, I would say that there are in addition, there are a few statements which the ALAC has decided not to submit statements to, one of them was the notice of enquiry published by the NCIA or the internet policy priority. That was not a formal ICANN public comment, the discussion went about whether there should be a [inaudible] to this request to this notice of enquiry, the national telecommunications infrastructure administration, the people that relinquished the stewardship of the IANA functions a while ago and now they are basically asking a whole number of questions including an open question saying hey, should we rollback the stewardship transition. Just to make it a bit more interesting and spicy. It wasn't interesting enough, so the ALAC has decided not to respond to this, the initial report on the review of customer standing committee charter, that's one of the committees that was created for the accountability side of the stewardship of the IANA function, so that the customer standing committee checks if IANA is performing its job correctly, and if it isn't it flags it and then it tells the committee to take action and the committee then gives over to the supportive organization and advisory committee and asks them to take their stake and start beating the people at IANA. In a nutshell, that's what it is like. Then finally, the proposed renewal of dot co op, sponsored registry agreement that's just a separate... specific top level domain and in general the ALAC doesn't comment on any specific top level domains except if something really is out of the... out of line. Now the new public comment to which the ALAC needs to make decision, the independent review process implementation oversight

team draft recommendations, the IRPIOT, I do not know what that is about, I am afraid. Sebastien, do you know any of this?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yeah [inaudible]. It's the only remaining piece of the work stream 1 on the CCWG on accountability, is to review how the IFP is working and how is the new by-laws and the new organization of ICANN is taken into account with the new board committee in charge of reviewing some of the requests and so on. They make sure... I guess it's a very easy [inaudible] issue and very narrow but it could be useful to have a look at that.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much for this Sebastien. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking. The only other things that will not be mentioned are the long list of issues for July and August, the forthcoming, the upcoming public comment request. These will arrive at a time when many of our people in our part of the world will be on holiday, so, please check these in your email because we're not going to have a call in August, so we won't be able to go through these. Check those in your email if you're interested in commenting when they will come up. I am not seeing anybody else put their hand up at the moment and in the interest of time we'll move to FY19 financials, and we had quite some discussion that took place in Panama with a finance presentation, given by [inaudible] and his assistant, and a presentation about CROP also, the community regional outreach programme, there is some change with regards to both, as you know, ICANN is going through some reduction in its budget, so we are

somehow impacted by this, with regards to the community regional outreach program, the program is now restricted to three people per RALO. So, we're going to have to think about this quite carefully, especially in the light of the discussions that we had in the action items, which was to have something taking place in Republica, in Germany. I have already discussed this with [inaudible], because one of the conditions now for CROP is to have support from ICANN. Only a conference that ICANN is going to be supporting, somehow, [inaudible] and I have had a discussion as I saw him in Paris a few days ago and he mentioned that they are very interested in Republica so they might be considering supporting it, but support doesn't only mean just financial support, it could be support where the global stakeholder engagement team goes to Republica and actively has a booth over there, and so on, in which case ICANN would have a presence and in which case, we could have a presence too. It's still early on in the game, this is for something later on this year, what I would suggest is to move this over to September/October, when we will have a few more ideas, a bit more understanding of how CROP works. I don't think that we have any CROP requests until September/October, so we have got time until then. Moving onto the RALO discretionary fund, I hand the floor over to Yrjo Lansipuro.

YRJO LANSIPURO:

Yeah, this is Yrjo Lansipuro. I see that the staff has posted, I think yesterday this instructions on how to apply for the position of the 4000 USD that the EURALO is going to get for these activities. Actually it's here, it's a link under this agenda item on the agenda. Now in the chat as well. I think it's a very detailed and you know, instruction, my only

question is, do the ALSes know that they can apply for this and if they don't, I think that that is a notice should go out to them. So, that's what I can say about this. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Yrjo. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking, can you just summarize quickly what this is? So it's \$4000 per RALO for local ALS activity which cannot be travel, it can't be long distance travel so no flights and no hotels, but it can certainly mean local travel and all sorts of small things and so on that are needed for local activity. Who is this now?

HEIDI ULLRICH: This is Heidi.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Heidi, it is difficult for me to recognize all the voice. Heidi Ullrich you have the floor. [inaudible].

HEIDI ULLRICH: Take a look at that work space and just a couple of points, during the fiscal year 19, the approval text opened the criteria for travel within a region, so that does include flights, accomodation, and [inaudible] for that and we've already had a request coming in from APRALO and I believe from NARALO for travel. So again, that has changed since the last fiscal year 18, however, two points. One is that the criteria, the updated criteria that the RALO leadership are to agree to has not fully

been confirmed yet and I believe that we're going to be holding a call in the next week or two to do so, however, tentatively we are already moving ahead and some of the activities are happening relatively shortly, based on last years criteria, it needs to go along with the outreach strategic outreach plan etc, and then it opens up to travel, so that's one point. The second point is that, you know, if we were to suggest that you [inaudible] that it will likely be not good uptakes if all of that \$4000 was spent on travel. If some of them were, for example, held for ALS [inaudible] or printing etc. OK.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I was going to say champagne and caviar. Good food.

HEIDI ULLRICH: I think that we will be accepting within reason, requests already for travel, that again the earlier, the regional leadership can update and finalize the criteria, the better for that. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: That's great, thanks very much for this Heidi. Are there any comments or questions on this? I'm not seeing anyone else, so we'll have more details for you as we go forward with this, next is the Panama policy discussion, now we've already touched on some of these, the subsequent procedures PDP working group face-to-face sessions 1 and 2, there were two face-to-face sessions, there's a link to the meeting overview, as I mentioned earlier there had been quite some discussion,

quite a lot of discussion actually on the next steps of things. Sebastien, did you attend those? Perhaps I can ask anyone else?

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: I had attended and we had [inaudible]. Yes I attended those session and it was... the first one was with [inaudible] and it was mainly work on the WP5 about the [inaudible] and the rest was to try to see where we can find an agreement either of the discussion and where we can find consensus. I think really what is important is [inaudible] with the document put there because for the work stream 1, 2, 3, and 4. It's already a document, not for the number 5, but its something we already have discussion and Christopher know better than me anything on this specific subject, but it's all [inaudible]. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks for this. Yrjo Lansipuro, you have the floor.

YRJO LANSIPURO: Yes, just a couple of words about the work stream 5. I think at these public sessions in Panama, something important happened and that was at the first actually the co-chairs started to push for a compromise, they were... and this of course on the question of non capital cities, which seems to have come the sort of [inaudible] question on the geographic names, until now it's been pretty much you know... both sides so to speak, have been spending on the ground but now there is very much a drive for a compromise finding the middle of the [inaudible]. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thanks very much for this. Thank you Yrjo. I am not seeing any other hands up, so that was the subsequent procedures and I noticed that we also touched on the geographical names at the top level which is work stream 5. Section 1 and 2 was work stream 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. Next was the overview of the strategic outlook programme, that's a quick session that took place at lunch time where the multi-stakeholder strategic initiatives team, Theresa Swinehart's team came into the room and they basically said, long term strategic goals and they shared this presentation with us, it's linked over to the agenda and asked some questions regarding the top 12 trends that we were seeing in our part of the organization. So, everyone was asked to go into sub groups, brainstorm, and then come up with reasserting or changing our top priorities. I think it's really exciting to be part of this process, if I recall correctly that for me the first time that the at-large community was asked to contribute so much to something like this and I really look forward to seeing more taking place on that. You've got a link in the agenda to the presentations, so if you're interested in this you can see that. It wasn't recorded because as with any brainstorming people go off into small groups but then the actual results and so on were actually recorded afterwards and will quite likely to see a follow up on that.

Then the GDPR, you know general data protection regulation, a big big topic at ICANN. There were many different big sessions about this, one was about the WHOIS registration directory services policy, post GDPR development and next steps, one session was about accreditation and access to non-public WHOIS data post GDPR, which is a follow up I guess, of the work of the business constituency and intellectual property constituency and they brought some input into this, but

certainly there was a lot of feedback on that. One was about the GNSO EPDP, yes we're talking about a brand new term, a brand new acronym, it's an expedited policy development process. As you know a policy development process as it currently happens in the generic name supporting organization might take a year, might take a year and a half, might take two years, three years, or even five years, who knows, there are times where it just goes on forever and there's no real follow up, no real solution or closing off the PDP because issues just keep on going. However, the EPDP has a set of restrictions to make it go a lot faster including a maximum length of time which I understand is one year, and that's for it to be able to put together a proper specification for generic top level domain registration data. It's going to be really hardcore, lots of work in a very short amount of time, and that's what's being discussed and how it's being put together etc. Sebastien Bachollet, you have the floor. I know you were in most if not all of these sessions.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Thank you Olivier, Sebastien Bachollet speaking. Yes, to be short I want to just raise the issue that we are looking for people to participate in expedite PDP, it's another [inaudible]. It's already open, we already asking for people to be candidate for participating from at-large and I hope that somebody from Europe will be able to participate as [inaudible]. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much Sebastien. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking, we're going to have a follow up on that with some calls for participation in the

next few weeks. I'm really hoping that people check their emails and that we're going to have good participation from our part of the world because the whole process of policy regarding registration data and privacy is something that is one of the really core issues in our RALO and the whole GDPR issue has come from our RALO, our region basically, not from our RALO sorry, not going to be credited for taking GDPR forward, but from our region. Any other comments or questions on this? I am not seeing anybody putting their hand up. Sebastien Bachollet.

SEBASTIEN BACHOLLET:

It's just to say that the request for proposal for candidates is open since yesterday and it will be closed very soon because the ALAC will have to make a decision, in a few days and [inaudible]. Therefore I am not sure we have so much time to have calls on [inaudible], but we need to give the information to the people who could be interested to participate. Thank you.

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND:

Thanks very much Sebastien. Olivier Crepin-Leblond speaking, and let's take an action item please, where Yrjo Lansipuro and Olivier, so Yrjo and I will be following up, we'll be taking that request for expressions of interest and contacting the at-large structures that are specifically interested in this topic of privacy. As you know, we have a listing in EURALO of our ALSes and their competencies, so we'll be contacting those. Yrjo, I'll follow up with you after this call, maybe not immediately after this call but shortly, maybe tomorrow. Excellent, I see a green tick

from Sebastien and we have one minute until the end of this call because this is a hard stop ladies and gentlemen. We have gone through Panama policy discussion, further Panama activities in number 6. There was a joint meeting of the NCSG, non commercial stakeholders group, and the at-large to perform outreach. The event was very well attended and now we are looking at doing the same thing in Barcelona and we also happen to have a budget for this. So, I will be working with NCSG leadership but also with the at-large outreach and engagement working group to be able to put together a good programme of activities that might span 3 hours including a lunch or a cocktail at the Barcelona meeting, for new people and also seasoned participants for them to become more effective in policy and understand issues and be able to discuss the issues with experts. Are there any questions or comments to this? I see no one putting their hand up, just one last word on this, I agree there has been some tension between some members of the NCSG and some members in at-large and I think that these issues are kind of cast aside. As I said, the discussion was really productive and really great and we're really looking forward to move. Maureen was there, there were a lot of people from at-large that were there and although it started in a rocky way, it continued really smoothly and it was really excellent. Now we're moving to any other business. I am not seeing any hands up, you probably are all watching the TV set already as we are 1 minute past the top of the hour and the kick off is near, or might have already happened. [inaudible]. It started, there you go, I knew someone was watching. Thanks Sebastien. Thanks for being on this call.

UNKNOWN SPEAKER: [inaudible] just in case you [inaudible].

OLIVIER CREPIN-LEBLOND: I had missed it actually. The EURALO candidates to NomCom. So, the EURALO has sent the name of a candidate for the nominating committee to the at-large to the ALAC and there so far the feedback that we have received is that that person has not been appointed or been put in the shortlist for going on the NomCom. I am yet to receive an email from the ALAC chair to explain what has happened, the discussion has taken place in camera for the ALAC members, so far all we just been told is wait and something will happen, but I haven't got any further details so far, because the ALAC doesn't appear to have made a choice as to what process they will move forward. Remember for NomCom the RALO sends a recommendation, and then the recommendation is taken by the ALAC to make its choice, and it can either follow the recommendation or do its own thing. There are many different options, they could ask EURALO to select another candidate or provide the details of another candidate, or it could itself select someone else etc. We haven't got any further details so far. OK, well that's three minutes into the game, I already hear some noise outside the window so things must be heating up elsewhere. Thank you so much for being on this call, August we are not going to have a call as many many people are away, so our next call is going to be in September, and by then hopefully a number of processes will have moved forward, but please please please do not forget to read your email. We will have a lot of things taking place this summer, if only the beginning of this EPDP starting up, plus also all of the pushing forward and backward with this GDPR discussions that are so difficult and that

are going to be particularly interesting in the next few weeks and months. Ladies and gentlemen, thank you very much have a very good evening and a very good summer. Speak to you in September, take care, goodbye.

UNKNOWN SPEAKER: Thank you everyone, this meeting has now been adjourned, please remember to disconnect your line.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]