- Category: gTLD
- Topic: Cross-Ownership Between Registries And Registrars For The New gTLD Program
- Board meeting date: 25 January 2011
- Resolution number: 2011.01.25.23
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-25jan11-en.htm#4.b
- Status: Completed
Board adopts the Proposed Rationale for the 5 November 2010 Board resolution on the issue of cross-ownership between registries and registrars for the New gTLD Program.
Whereas, on 5 November 2010, the Board passed a resolution on the issue of cross-ownership between registries and registrars for the New gTLD Program. http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-05nov10-en.htm.
Whereas, the Board has reviewed and considered a Proposed Rationale explaining the Board's decision.
RESOLVED (2011.01.25.23), the Board adopts the Proposed Rationale as the Rationale for the Board's decision on cross-ownership between registries and registrars in the New gTLD Program.
- Not applicable
The rationale approved by the Board is provided here: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/rationale-cross-ownership-21mar11-en.pdf [PDF, 172 KB].
Other Related Resolutions
- Resolutions 2010.03.12.17, 2010.03.12.18, directing strict separation of registries and registrars pending GNSO policy work on this issue, at http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-12mar10-en.htm#5.
- Resolutions 2010.09.25.02 and 03, directing further action regarding GNSO work on vertical integration issues, at http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-25sep10-en.htm#2
- Resolution 2010.11.05.02, directing the CEO to include principles regarding registry-registrar cross ownership in the Applicant Guidebook, at http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-05nov10-en.htm
- Resolution 2011.01.25.23, adopting the Board's rationale for the 5 November 2010 decision on registry-registrar cross ownership, at http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-25jan11-en.htm, item 8.b (with Rationale)
- Additional resolutions to be determined.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.
Note: The "Add Comment" box below is for sharing information about implementation of this resolution. Off-topic comments will be removed.