- Category: Board
- Topic: Revision of Charter Of The Board Finance Committee
- Board meeting date: 25 January 2011
- Resolution number: 2011.01.25.04
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-25jan11-en.htm#1.d
- Status: Completed
Board approves the Revised Charter of the Board Finance Committee.
Whereas, the Board Finance Committee (BFC) is currently operating under a Charter approved in 2000, available at http://www.icann.org/en/committees/finance/.
Whereas, as part of the BFC's obligation to review its operations and make appropriate recommendations for updates or enhancements, on 5 December 2010 the BFC approved a Revised Charter that better reflects the BFC's current operations. The Revised Charter also incorporates, unchanged, the standard language for Board Committee Charters as previously approved by the Board Governance Committee. Seehttp://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-06mar09.htm#10.
RESOLVED (2011.01.25.04), the Revised Charter of the Board Finance Committee is approved.
Approving the revised Board Finance Committee (BFC) charter at this time makes sense as the revised version better reflects the current operations of the BFC than the prior version. It also now conforms to the recent revisions to all other charters, as approved by the Board Governance Committee. Further, the revised charter reflects the BFC's activities as they relate to the size and scope of ICANN in 2011 and that the BFC is operating in accordance with the best practices. In developing the revised Charter both best practices as well as the actual operations of ICANN's BFC were reviewed and considered significant to approve the revised charter.
The approval of the Revised BFC Charter should have a positive public effect in that it increases the accountability and transparency of the organization and aligns with the BFC's current activities and best practices. There is no financial impact on ICANN or the community by revising the BFC charter. Confirmation of the BFC mandate through revision to its charter does not present any impact on the systemic security, stability and resiliency of the DNS.
Other Related Resolutions
- Resolutions 00.96-00.97, establishing the Finance Committee and approving an initial charter, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-13dec00.htm.
- Other resolutions TBD.
- The Current Board Finance Committee Charter is available at: http://www.icann.org/en/committees/finance/charter-en.htm.
- Board Finance Committee Charter as approved 13 December 2000 is available at: http://www.icann.org/en/committees/finance/charter-13dec00-en.htm.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.
Note: The "Add Comment" box below is for sharing information about implementation of this resolution. Off-topic comments will be removed.