- Category: Administration and Budget
- Topic: Office space lease
- Board meeting date: 30 September 2009
- Resolution number: 2009.09.30.14
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-30sep09.htm
- Status: Completed
Board authorized ICANN staff to execute a lease for ICANN office space in Palo Alto, California, USA.
Whereas, ICANN has need for office space in Palo Alto, CA, U.S.A. to meet needs for current staff, including the CEO;
Whereas, ICANN, as a technical coordinator of Internet identifiers, has an organizational benefit in maintaining a geographic presence in one of the leading technology centers of the world;
Whereas future ICANN staff growth is likely to be outside of the existing offices in Marina del Rey, CA, and likely to increase in other parts of the U.S. and the World;
Resolved (2009.09.30.14) that the ICANN Board authorize the Chief Financial Officer to negotiate for and finalize a lease for office space in Palo Alto, CA on commercially reasonable terms, for approximately 5,000 square feet of space, not to exceed a ten year term, and for total occupancy costs to start out at less than $400,000 per year, and not to exceed $600,000 per year during the lease term.
- Finalize lease for office space
- Responsible entity: ICANN CFO
- Due date: None specified
- Completion date: 21 December 2009
Other Related Resolutions
- No additional funding provided.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.