- Category: ICANN Structures
- Topic: GNSO Stakeholder Group Charters
- Board meeting date: 30 July 2009
- Resolution number: 2009.30.07.09
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-30jul09.htm
- Status: Ongoing
Board approved charters for the four GNSO Stakeholder Groups and additional charter elements, and directed each Stakeholder Group to incorporate the additional charter elements into its permanent charter document; Board indicated it will re-examine the structures periodically to ensure adherence to principles; Board directed staff to work with Constituency leaders to complete the re-confirmation of their existing charters for Board action in September.
Whereas, the Board determined at its May 2009 meeting that most of the New GNSO Stakeholder Group Charters required revisions to ensure equitable participation and representation by new Constituencies and alignment with the Board-approved GNSO Improvements Report;
Whereas, the Board's Structural Improvements Committee (SIC) developed, posted, and discussed with the community revised SG Charter documents;
Whereas, the Staff has made further administrative and substantive edits to conform the documents with the SIC's intention s, to address additional community comments and to resolve various, non-substantive typographical, form and style changes;
It is RESOLVED (2009.30.07.09), the Board approves each of the Charters of the Registries Stakeholder Group, The Registrars Stakeholder Group, The Commercial Stakeholder Group and the Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group as revised by the Structural Improvements Committee (copies of which accompany this resolution). The Board also approves additional charter elements to ensure the Bylaws principles of transparency, openness, fairness and representativeness and each Stakeholder Group is further directed to incorporate those additional charter elements into its permanent charter document at its earliest opportunity.
- Registries Stakeholder Group [PDF, 115K]
- Registrars Stakeholder Group [PDF, 57K]
- Commercial Stakeholder Group [PDF, 33K]
- Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group [PDF, 55K]
In view of this resolution, the Board directs the Staff to re-initiate its work with the GNSO Constituency leaders to complete any necessary additional work on the re-confirmation of their existing charters (consistent with the principles and elements adopted with respect to the Stakeholder Group Charters) so that the Board can act on those documents at its September special meeting.
Board directed staff to work with Constituency leaders to complete the re-confirmation of their existing charters for Board action in September.
- Incorporate elements into charter and execute
- Responsible entity: Registries Stakeholder Group, Registrars Stakeholder Group, Commercial Stakeholder Group, and Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group
- Due date: None specified (earliest opportunity)
- Completion date: TBD
- Periodic re-examination of Stakeholder Groups
- Responsible entity: Board
- Due date: 30 July 2010 and every 3 years thereafter
- Completion date: Ongoing
- Complete re-confirmation of existing Constituencies' charters for Board action
- Responsible entity: GNSO Constituencies
- Due date: September 2009
- Completion date: Ongoing
Other Related Resolutions
- No additional funding provided.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.