- Category: ICANN Structures
- Topic: GNSO Council
- Board meeting date: 31 July 2008
- Resolution number: (___)
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-31jul08.htm
- Status: Completed
Board accepts Working Group's report on new structure for GNSO Council, and directs ICANN Staff to analyze implementation of report prior to next meeting.
Resolved (___), the Board accepts the report of the Working Group on GNSO Council Restructuring, on areas of consensus that it achieved during its month-long deliberations; and thanks all those involved for the considerable effort that has gone into producing it. The Board also instructs Staff to perform an analysis of the potential consequences and implementation issues presented by the proposals in the report, and to report one week before the August Board meeting with the recommended steps that can be adopted during the August Board Meeting.
- Perform analysis of report implementation issues.
- Responsible entity: ICANN Staff
- Due date: 28 August 2008
- Completion date: 28 August 2008
Other Related Resolutions
- 15 July 2005 Resolution (05.__), asking the GNSO Council to prepare a "Terms of Reference" document to guide independent reviewer in conducting a review of the GNSO, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-15jul05.htm.
- 4 December 2005 Resolution (05.__), approving the Terms of Reference for GNSO review, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-04dec05.htm.
- 21 February 2006 Resolution appointing the London School of Economics to perform the review, available at:http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-21feb06.htm.
- 30 March 2007 Resolution (07.30), creating a GNSO Review Working Group, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-30mar07.htm#_Toc36876533.
- 29 June 2007 Resolution (07.58), encouraging additional stakeholder input on new draft of proposed recommendations for GNSO improvements, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-29jun07.htm.
- 15 February 2008 Resolution 2008.02.15.03, opening the GNSO Improvements Report for public comment, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-15feb08.htm#_Toc64545918.
- 19 March 2008 Resolution (__), extending the public comment period on the GNSO Review Working Group's Report on GNSO Improvements, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-19mar08.htm.
- 26 June 2008 Resolution 2008.06.26.13 created the Working Group on GNSO Council Restructuring, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-26jun08.htm.
- 1 October 2008 Resolutions, timeline for implementing a series of GNSO improvement initiatives, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-01oct08.htm.
- 11 December 2008 Resolution (2008-12-11-02), requesting that members of the GNSO community work with members of the ALAC/At-Large community to jointly develop a recommendation for the composition and organizational structure of a Non-Commercial Stakeholder Group, available at:http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-2-11dec08.htm.
- Other resolutions TBD.
- 25 July 2008 Report to ICANN Board of Directors From Working Group on GNSO Council Restructuring, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/topics/gnso-improvements/gnso-council-restructuring-report-25jul08.pdf.
- 3 February 2008 Board Governance Committee GNSO Improvement report, available at: http://www.icann.org/topics/gnso-improvements/gnso-improvements-report-03feb08.pdf.
- Public Comment Archive - GNSO Improvements Report, posted 25 February 2008, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/public-comment-200803.html#gnso-improvements-report-2008.
- 2008 Final GNSO Improvements Report Implementation Plan, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/topics/gnso-improvements/gnso-improvements-implementation-plan-16oct08.pdf.
- GNSO Improvements website, available at: http://gnso.icann.org/en/improvements/.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.