- Category: ICANN Structures
- Topic: ToR for RSSAC Review
- Board meeting date: 2 November 2007
- Resolution number: 07.90
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-02nov07.htm
- Status: Completed
Board directs ICANN Staff to post Terms of Reference for RSSAC Review on website for public comment.
Whereas Article IV, Section 4 of ICANN's Bylaws calls for the Board to cause periodic reviews of the performance and operation of each Supporting Organization, each Supporting Organization Council, each Advisory Committee (other than the Governmental Advisory Committee), and the Nominating Committee by an entity or entities independent of the organization under review.
Whereas on 8 December 2006, the Board approved a comprehensive schedule for independent reviews and directed staff to execute the reviews as scheduled.
Whereas the Board has considered the Board Governance Committee's recommendation that draft Terms of Reference for the DNS Root Server System Advisory Committee (RSSAC) independent review be posted for public comment.
Resolved (07.90), the Board directs staff to post the draft Terms of Reference for the RSSAC independent review for public comment and further consideration.
- Post proposed Terms of Reference for RSSAC Review for public comment.
- Responsible entity: ICANN staff
- Due date: 2 November 2007
- Completion date: 2 November 2007
Other Related Resolutions
- Resolution 2008.10.01.18 - Approval of BGC's Recommendations for RSSAC Review Independent Contractor: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-01oct08.htm.
- Other resolutions TBD.
- For proposed Terms of Reference for RSSAC Review Independent Contractor: http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-02nov07.htm.
- Information on the RSSAC Review is at http://www.icann.org/en/reviews/rssac/.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.