- Category: gTLDs
- Topic: Renewal of .Museum Agreement
- Board meeting date: 2 November 2007
- Resolution number: 07.103
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-02nov07.htm
- Status: Completed
Board approves the .MUSEUM agreement, and authorizes the President to take such actions as appropriate to implement the agreement.
Whereas, ICANN staff conducted good-faith negotiations with MuseDoma, sponsor for the .MUSEUM sponsored top-level domain, for the renewal of their sponsorship agreement.
Whereas, on 2 March 2007, ICANN announced that negotiations with MuseDoma had been completed, and posted the proposed .MUSEUM renewal agreement for public comment at http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-2-02mar07.htm.
Whereas, the ICANN Board of Directors, on 30 March 2007, passed a resolution http://www.icann.org/minutes/resolutions-30mar07.htm#_Toc36876532 granting an extension to the current agreement to permit additional time to negotiate the renewal agreement.
Whereas, on 31 August 2007, ICANN posted an updated agreement http://icann.org/announcements/announcement-31aug07.htm that addressed community concerns voiced in the original public comment period (2-23 March 2007) and at the registrar constituency meeting in Lisbon (27 March 2007) and opened a new public comment period from 31 August through 30 September 2007.
Whereas, the Board carefully considered the proposed renewal agreement, public comments, and the sponsor's responses, and finds that approval of the proposed renewal agreement would be beneficial for ICANN and the Internet community.
Resolved (07.103), the .MUSEUM agreement is approved, and the President is authorized to take such actions as appropriate to implement the agreement.
- Execute .MUSEUM Sponsorship Agreement Renewal
- Responsible entity: ICANN Staff
- Due date: None specified
- Completion date: 3 November 2007
Other Related Resolutions
- Resolution 01.74 - Board directs President to form and chair New TLD Evaluation Process Planning Task Force (NTEPPTF): http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-04jun01.htm
- Resolution 02.97, 02.97A - Board accepts NTEPPTF report and directs President to produce plan for action for approval by Board at October 2002 meeting in Shanghai, China: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-23aug02.htm
- Resolutions 02.150, 02.151, and 02.152: Board authorizes President to implement NTEPPTF recommendations in Action Plan, requests GNSO to provide recommendation on structure of generic tol level namespace, and directs President to develop draft Request for Proposals: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-15dec02.htm#AnnualMeetingoftheTransitionBoard
- Resolution 03.112 and 03.113 - Board invites public comment on draft request for proposals for sTLDs; requests President to provide to Board detailed plan and schedule for development of appropriate long-term policy for introduction of new gTLDs: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-26jun03.htm
- Resolutions 03.166, 03.167, and 03.168 - Board calls for the development of process and policy for streamlining introduction of new gTLDs as specified in ICANNs MoU with the U.S. Department of Commerce: http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/advisory-31oct03.htm
- Resolutions 03.169, 03.170, and 03.171 - Board resolves to negotiate agreement reflecting commercial and technical terms upon completion of sTLD selection, resolves that selection process and implementation for sTLDs will be evaluated, and directs President to finalize and post open Request for Proposals for limited number of new sTLDs: http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/advisory-31oct03.htm
- Board approval of extension of renewal period for .MUSEUM sTLD Agreement, at http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-30mar07.htm
- Resolutions other than those that are listed above are TBD.
- .MUSEUM TLD Sponsorship Agreement: http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/agreements/museum/
- Proposed .MUSEUM sTLD Registry Agreement Posted for Public Comment on 2 March 2007: http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-2-02mar07.htm
- Updated agreement posted 31 August 2007: http://icann.org/announcements/announcement-31aug07.htm
- For information on the introduction of sTLDs in 2003 - 2004, please refer to:http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/stld-apps-19mar04/
- To review public comments submitted on the 2003 round, refer to: http://forum.icann.org/mtg-cmts/stld-rfp-comments/general/index.html
- To review the Status Reports on the 2003 round, refer to: http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/stld-apps-19mar04/PostsTLDStatusRpt.pdf
- 15 December 2003 - New sTLD Application: http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/new-stld-rfp/new-stld-application-parta-15dec03.htm
- 24 June 2003 - Request for Proposals, Establishment of new sTLDs (Draft for Public Comment): http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/new-stld-rfp/new-stld-rfp-24jun03.htm
- 19 March 2004 - Status Report on sTLD Evaluation Process: http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/stld-apps-19mar04/stld-status-report.pdf
- Some analysis of the sTLD program is available in Staff's 24 September 2004 report on a strategy for introducing New gTLDs, at http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/new-gtld-strategy.pdf, and additional information can be found in the documentation of the New gTLD program, at http://www.icann.org/en/topics/new-gtlds/related-en.htm.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.