- Category: gTLDs
- Topic: Approval of GNR (.NAME) Contract Renewal
- Board meeting date: 14 August 2007
- Resolution number: 07.63
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-14aug07.htm
- Status: Completed
Board approves the proposed .NAME Agreement, and authorizes the President to implement the agreement.
Whereas, ICANN staff conducted good-faith negotiations with Global Name Registry Limited, operator of the .NAME generic top-level domain, for the renewal of their registry agreement.
Whereas, on 29 June 2007, ICANN announced that negotiations with Global Name Registry Limited had been successfully completed, and posted the proposed .NAME renewal agreement for public comment http://icann.org/announcements/announcement-29jun07.htm.
Whereas, the Board carefully considered the proposed renewal agreement and finds that approval of the proposed renewal agreement would be beneficial for ICANN and the Internet community.
It is hereby resolved (07.63), that the proposed .NAME agreement is approved, and the President is authorized to take such actions as appropriate to implement the agreement.
- Sign .NAME Registry Agreement.
- Responsible entity: gTLD Registry Liaison
- Due date: None provided
- Completion date: 15 August 2007
Other Related Resolutions
- Resolution 01.76 and 01.77 - Authorizing President to enter .name registry agreement and to implement agreement once signed (Meeting Minutes 31 July 2001):[http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-31jul01.htm|http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-31jul01.htm]
* Resolution 02.142 - Authorizing amendment to .NAME registry agreement to implement revised Whois requirements (Meeting Minutes 02 December 2002):[http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-02dec02.htm|http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-02dec02.htm]
* Resolution 03.140 - Authorizing staff to negotiate amendments to .NAME registry agreement to implement second-level registration product offering (Meeting Minutes 08 August 2003): [http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-08aug03.htm|http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-08aug03.htm]
* Resolution 04.94 - Authorizing amendment to .NAME registry agreement to allow additional time for implementation of EPP (Meeting Minutes 15 November 2004):[http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-15nov04.htm|http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-15nov04.htm]
* http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-15nov04.htmResolution 07.03-Authorizing the President and General Counsel to enter into an amendment to the .NAME Registry Agreement to implement the proposed registry service (Meeting Minutes 16 January 2007): http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-17jan07.htm
- http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-17jan07.htmOther resolutions TBD.
- The proposed .NAME renewal agreement is available at: http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-29jun07.htm
- The .NAME agreement is available at: http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/agreements/name/
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.