- Category: ICANN Structures
- Topic: Regional At-Large Organization for North America
- Board meeting date: 29 June 2007
- Resolution number: 07.49
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-29jun07.htm
- Status: Completed
Board ratifies the Memorandum of Understanding between the North American At-Large Structures and ICANN.
Whereas, the ICANN Bylaws, Article XI, Section 2, Part 4, provide a process that allows individual Internet users to participate meaningfully in the work of ICANN, as the community known as 'At-Large', and;
Whereas, groups representing individual internet users throughout the North American ("NA") Geographic Region have finalised work on organising themselves as a Regional At-Large Organisation ("RALO") by creating a Memorandum of Understanding between themselves and ICANN, and;
Whereas, the Parties to the MoU signed it at a public ceremony at the San Juan ICANN meeting, the execution of the agreement on ICANN's part contingent upon final approval by the ICANN Board following completion of the public comment period, and;
Whereas, the ICANN Board wishes to recognise and applaud the North American At-Large community in question and the achievement of this milestone;
Whereas, the Board wishes to recognise with the signing of this Memorandum of Understanding and the election of two North American members of the At-Large Advisory Committee, the ALAC is no longer 'Interim', and the whole At-Large community is to be congratulated on an enormous amount of work;
Resolved (07.49), the Board ratifies the Memorandum of Understanding with the North American At-Large Structures, on the same basis under which it was signed.
Other Related Resolutions
- Other resolutions TBD.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
- Information on the North American Regional At-Large Organization can be found at the following page: http://www.atlarge.icann.org/naralo
- The Memorandum of Understanding between the North American Regional At Large Organization and ICANN is available at the following page: https://st.icann.org/data/workspaces/naralo/attachments/ralo_organizing_documents:20080815134209-0-12031/original/NA-2007-1-3%20NARALO%20MoU%20With%20ICANN%20-%20EN.pdf
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.