- Category: Administration and Budget
- Topic: 2007-2008 Budget
- Board meeting date: 29 June 2007
- Resolution number: 07.42
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-29jun07.htm
- Status: Completed
Board approves the recommendations of the Finance Committee and the 2007-2008 operating plan and budget.
Whereas, ICANN posted a draft Operating Plan for public comment on 22 March 2007, including links to the strategic plan and details of costing of major projects <http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-22mar07.htm>
Whereas, ICANN held community consultations on the draft Operating Plan at the Lisbon ICANN meeting, with sessions in English at the public forum (with the option of remote participation) and also in French, Spanish and Arabic.
Whereas, the proposed budget for FY 2008 was developed to implement the FY 08 Operating Plan, and was posted for public comment in accordance with the Bylaws on 17 May 2007 <http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-2-17may07.htm>. A slightly revised version was posted on 23 May 2007.
Whereas, translations of the budget have been posted in Arabic, French, Russian, and Spanish (with a Chinese version in progress).
Whereas, ICANN has actively solicited feedback on the budget from numerous constituencies, including consultations with the ALAC, gTLD Registries and Registrars constituencies.
Whereas, continuing consultation on the budget has been conducted at ICANN's meeting in San Juan, with sessions at the public forum and also special sessions in French and Spanish.
Whereas, the ICANN Board Finance Committee met in San Juan on 24 June 2007, and recommended that the Board:
- Accept staff recommendation that this budget represents the resources necessary to execute the posted operating plan;
- Adopt the financial budget targets proposed in the FY08 budget, with management discretion to use contingency and execute the plans as needs/issues arise;
- Approve the formal process used to solicit feedback, and appreciates that the feedback has been identified and accommodated through changes to the budget for further analysis for next year;
- Approve the amended proposed budget as of 29 June 2007 to be adopted for Fiscal Year 2008, including increased support for translation, administrative support, revenue plans and fee structures;
- Amend the planning calendar for FY 2008 to allow for the budget and operating plan to be introduced earlier, and at the same time; and
- Direct staff to assess the reserve fund requirement (level and timing) and short and long term revenue models--and report back to Board in Los Angeles.
Resolved (07.42), the ICANN Board approves the recommendations of the Finance Committee and approves the 2007-08 operating plan and budget.
- Responsible entity: None
- Due date: None provided
- Completion date: None
Other Related Resolutions
- Other resolutions TBD.
- Historical financial Information is available at http://www.icann.org/en/financials/historical.htm.
- Funding provided as indicated in Fiscal Year 2007-2008 Budget.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.