- Category: gTLDs
- Topic: Escrow Compliance in ICANN's current agreements
- Board meeting date: 30 March 2007
- Resolution number: 07.32
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-30mar07.htm
- Status: Completed
Board requests that President provide report on status of escrow compliance relating to ICANN's current agreements, including a proposal of a process for protections for generic TLD registries, registrars, and registrants.
Resolved (07.32), the Board requests that the President provide a report on the status of escrow compliance relating to ICANN's current agreements, at or before ICANN's Meeting in San Juan. The report should also propose a process for a public discussion on creation of a policy for appropriate protections for generic TLD registries, registrars and registrants.
- Provide report on status of escrow compliance relating to ICANN's current agreements.
- Responsible entity: ICANN President
- Due date: None provided
- Completion date: 29 June 2007
Other Related Resolutions
- Other resolutions TBD.
- Registrar Data Escrow discussed at 29 June 2007 meeting: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-29jun07.htm.
- Workshop session discussed ideas on data escrow and revising the Registrar Accreditation Agreements: http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-3-25jun07.htm.
- Information on the Registrar Data Escrow agreement is available at http://icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-2-09nov07.htm.
- New Registrar Contract approved 29 May 2009, including changed data escrow requirements: http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-2-29may09-en.htm.
- A copy of the new Registrar Accredication Agreement is available at: http://www.icann.org/en/registrars/ra-agreement-21may09-en.htm.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.