- Category: International Agreements
- Topic: MoUs
- Board meeting date: 30 March 2007
- Resolution number: 07.21
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-30mar07.htm
- Status: Completed
Board authorizes the President to enter into cooperative agreements such as the MoUs with the African Telecommunications Union (ATU), Pacific Islands Telecommunications Association (PITA), and the UN Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (UN-ESCWA).
Whereas, ICANN has developed a collaborative program with private and intergovernmental parties to conduct outreach to governments and local Internet communities;
Whereas, ICANN staff has engaged with respective organizations both globally and regionally;
Whereas, organizations have expressed an interest to enter into non-binding cooperative agreement MoUs with ICANN to highlight cooperation and partnerships;
Whereas, these cooperative agreement MoUs seek to enable cooperation and partnership on areas consistent with ICANN's bylaws, strategic and operating plan;
Resolved (07.21), that these cooperative agreement MoUs are a positive step in enhancing cooperation and working in partnership with respective organizations, and the President is authorized to enter into agreements such as the cooperative agreement MoUs with the African Telecommunications Union (ATU), Pacific Islands Telecommunications Association (PITA), and the UN Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (UN-ESCWA).
- Enter into cooperative agreements with international and regional organizations.
- Responsible entity: ICANN Officers
- Due date: None provided
- Completion date: 2007
Other Related Resolutions
- Other resolutions TBD.
- Agreement with the African Telecommunications Union entered into 13 November 2007 and available at: http://www.icann.org/en/global-partnerships/mous/atu-mou-13nov07.pdf.
- Agreement with the Pacific Islands Telecommunications Association entered into 26 April 2007 and available at: http://www.icann.org/en/global-partnerships/mous/pita-mou-26apr07.pdf.
- Agreement with the UN Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia entered into 18 June 2007 and available at: http://www.icann.org/en/global-partnerships/mous/un-escwa-mou-18jun07.pdf.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.