- Category: gTLDs
- Topic: NeuStar RSEP Request on 25 September 2006 to implement Bulk Transfer After Partial Portfolio Acquisition (BTAPPA) service
- Board meeting date: 22 November 2006
- Resolution number: 06.85
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-22nov06.htm
- Status: Completed
Board authorizes President and the General Counsel enter into an amendment of the .BIZ Registry Agreement to implement the proposed bulk transfer of partial portfolio service.
Kurt Pritz presented the issues, the RSTEP Report, and introduced the process relating to the proposed new registry service from NeuLevel titled Bulk Transfer of Partial Portfolio. Susan Crawford moved for a vote on the approval of the proposed new registry service and Joichi Ito, seconded.
Whereas, Register.com and CSC Corporate Domains, two ICANN-accredited registrars, approached NeuLevel to request approval of a registry service called bulk transfer of partial portfolio, in order to assist with the completion of CSC's acquisition of Register.com's corporate services division
Whereas, NeuLevel submitted a request for a new registry service called bulk transfer of partial portfolio under the Registry Services Evaluation Policy .
Whereas, ICANN conducted its review of the request and determined that there are no significant competition, security or stability issues.
Resolved (06.85) the President and the General Counsel are authorized to enter into an amendment of the .BIZ Registry Agreement to implement the proposed bulk transfer of partial portfolio service.
The resolution was passed 11-0 by a voice vote with all members present voting in favor. In addition to the board members who were not present during any of the meeting, Hagen Hultzsch and Rita Rodin were not present for the vote.
- Sign .BIZ Registry Agreement amendment.
- Responsible entity: gTLD Registry Liaison
- Due date: as soon as possible after Board approval
- Completion date: 29 June 2007
Other Related Resolutions
- Resolution 2009.12.09.02 - Board approves similar amendments to the .COM and .NET registry agreements to permit VeriSign to offer the Bulk Transfer After Partial Portfolio Acquisition (BTAPPA) service: between registrarshttps://community.icann.org/display/ctap/2009-12-09+-+Amendment+for+Partial+Bulk+Transfer+in+dot-COM+and+dot-NET
- Other resolutions TBD
- 29 June 2007 - Amendment to the .biz Agreement: http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/agreements/biz/registry-agmt-amendment-29jun07.htm
- 8 June 2007 - Press Release, ICANN Opens Comment Period on NeuStar Amendment to Implement Approved Registry Service: http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-08jun07.htm
- Public Comment July 2007 Archive - Neustar New Registry Service: http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/public-comment-200707.html#registryservice
- Comments on Amendment submitted via email may be viewed at: http://forum.icann.org/lists/registryservice/
- Registry Services Evaluation Process - Submitted Application for New Registry Services by Neustar: http://www.icann.org/en/registries/rsep/#2006002
- Current .biz Registry Agreement: http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/agreements/biz/
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.