- Category: Administration and Budget
- Topic: Corporate Officer Signing Authorities
- Board meeting date: 18 October 2006
- Resolution number: 06.__
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-18oct06.htm
- Status: Completed
Board adopts "Financial Control Procedures: Corporate Officer Signing Authorities" statement.
Staff presented in conjunction with the Finance Committee a presentation of proposed enhancements to the Board-authorized executive officer signing authority. Questions were raised by various board members regarding this policy as compared to similarly situated organizations and their were responses to the questions from Board Members and Staff. Following this discussion, Hagen Hultzsch moved for a vote, and Veni Markovski seconded, a motion for a request of the following resolution:
Whereas, the organization has grown, and the resulting demands on the President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) have increased and made it less practical for the President & CEO to handle day-to-day demands of business operations whilst performing the broader external functions facing ICANN.
Whereas, the annual budget and resulting expenditures have increased in amount and frequency over time.
Whereas, increasing the signing authorization levels would improve the efficiency of handling day-to-day business operations.
Whereas, the Chief Financial Officer in consultation with the Board Audit and Finance Committees, has prepared a proposed statement of "Financial Control Procedures: Corporate Officer Signing Authorities" dated 17 October 2006.
Whereas, the Audit and Finance Committees have reviewed the proposed statement of "Financial Control Procedures: Corporate Officer Signing Authorities" and determined that the provisions are reasonable in relation to other similar not-for-profit organizations based on size of the organization and total annual revenues, and provide appropriate financial control while regulating the related risk. The Audit and Finance Committees have determined the proposed procedures would be beneficial to the organization and recommend that the provisions set forth in the statement be adopted by the full Board of Directors.
Resolved (06.__) that the statement of "Financial Control Procedures: Corporate Officer Signing Authorities" dated 17 October 2006 is hereby adopted.
The Board voted 11-0 in favor. In addition to the Board Members that did not attend any part of the meeting, Njeri Rionge and Rita Rodin were not available for this vote.
- Responsible entity: None
- Due date: None provided
- Completion date: None
Other Related Resolutions
- Financial Control Procedures: Corporate Officer Signing Authorities dated 17 October 2006, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/financials/finl_control-signing_authority-17oct06.htm.
- ICANN Disbursement Policy at (update of 17 October 2006 Financial Control Procedures: Corporate Officer Signing Authorities), available at: http://www.icann.org/en/financials/finl_control-signing_authority.htm.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein but disbursement amounts set.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.