- Category: ICANN Structures
- Topic: President's Strategy Committee
- Board meeting date: 4 December 2005
- Resolution number: 05.__
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-04dec05.htm
- Status: Completed
Board directs the President to appoint a President's Strategy Committee to give advice to the Board.
Whereas, ICANN's mission is to coordinate, at the overall level, the global Internet's systems of unique identifiers, and in particular to ensure the stable and secure operation of the Internet's unique identifier systems.
Whereas, the President and Board are committed to the bottom-up strategic and operational planning drawing on the inputs of the supporting organizations, advisory committees, and members of the ICANN community.
Whereas, the ICANN community could also benefit from the advice of a group responsible for making observations and recommendations concerning strategic issues facing ICANN; these observations and recommendations will contribute to ICANN's strategic planning process.
Resolved (05.__), the President is directed to appoint, by 28 February 2006, a President's Strategy Committee, to be responsible for giving advice to the President and the Board on strategy issues.
- Appoint a President's Strategy Committee.
- Responsible entity: ICANN President
- Due date: 28 February 2006
- Completion date: February 2006
Other Related Resolutions
- Board recognized the President's Strategy Committee Recommendations and requested that the Committee provide further detail, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-30mar07.htm.
- Board accepted President's Strategy Committee's report and directed ICANN staff to undertake the the public consultation recommended in the action plan, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-26jun08.htm.
- Board authorized travel support for President's Strategy Committee members who are also Board members, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-01oct08.htm.
- The Improving Institutional Confidence Report was received by the Board in March 2009, at http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-06mar09.htm#16
- The Board resolved to act on items arising from the Report and to post proposed Bylaws mechanisms for public comment, at http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-26jun09.htm
- Other resolutions TBD.
- President's Strategy Committee releases draft recommendations for community consideration, available at: http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-30nov06.htm.
- A copy of the Committee's final report is available at: http://icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-16jun08-en.htm.
- Information about the Improving Institutional Confidence report, including public comments, is available at: http://www.icann.org/en/jpa/iic/, and general information about the President's Strategy Committee is available at http://www.icann.org/en/psc/.
- The resolution did not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.