- Category: ccTLDs, International Agreements
- Topic: Redelegation of .LY (Libya)
- Board meeting date: 18 October 2004
- Resolution number: 04.88, 04.89
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-18oct04.htm
- Status: Completed
The Board approved the redelegation of .LY to Mr. Marwan Magure and authorized the President isto negotiate an agreement with Mr. Marwan Magure and GPTC.
RESOLVED [04.88] that the redelegation of .LY to Mr. Marwan Magure is approved.
RESOLVED [04.89] that, upon signature of the agreement, the President is authorized to take appropriate steps to negotiate and agreement with Mr. Marwan Magure and GPTC.
- Proceed with redelegation process pursuant to IANA Functions processes.
- Responsible entity: IANA Functions Department
- Due date: Per IANA Functions processes
- Implementation date: Completed per IANA Functions processes
- Negotiate Agreement
- Responsible entity: ICANN President supported by the Legal Department
- Due date: None specified
- Completion date: 27 February 2007
Other Related Resolutions
- Board Resolution 04.48, adopted on 29 June 2004, whereby the Board approved the provisional redelegation of the .LY domain to GPTC and Mr. Maghur.
- Other Resolutions TBD.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
- ccTLD financial contributions are invoiced annually
- A full list of ccTLD agreements is at: http://www.icann.org/en/cctlds/agreements.html
- IANA Report on Redelegation of the .ly Top-Level Domain is available at: http://www.iana.org/reports/2005/ly-report-05aug2005.pdf
- Libya-ICANN Exchange of Letters concerning the accountability framework between GPTC and ICANN (27 February 2007).
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.