- Category: gTLDs
- Topic: Personal data verification in .PRO
- Board meeting date: 30 September 2004
- Resolution number: 04.85
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-30sep04.htm
- Status: Completed
Board authorizes amendment of .PRO registry agreement to implement additional mechanisms for personal data verification.
Whereas, Registry Services Corporation dba RegistryPro requested per 10 August 2004 an amendment to the .PRO Registry Agreement to perform an out-of-band communication step when authenticating a registrant's personal information.
Whereas, ICANN Staff, ICANN Board Members and Liaisons and RegistryPro executives engaged in analysis and discussion regarding the appropriate adjustments to the contractual provisions governing personal data verification.
Whereas, RegistryPro intends to consult with the .PRO Advisory Board to choose adequate verification mechanisms for the current and future profession specific TLDs.
Resolved [04.85] that the Board of Directors should allow ICANN's President and General Counsel to negotiate and enter into such an amendment of the .PRO Registry Agreement with RegistryPro allowing for the adoption of other equivalent verification mechanisms to be used for personal data verification.
- Execute amendment to .PRO Registry Agreement
- Responsible entity: ICANN Staff, Registry Operator
- Due date: None provided
- Completion date: 30 September 2004
Other Related Resolutions
- Resolution 02.40 and 02.41 - Authorizing President to enter .pro registry agreement and implement agreement once signed: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-14mar02.htm
- Resolution 02.143 - Authorizing amendment to the .PRO registry agreement to implement defensive registration product offerings: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-02dec02.htm
- Resolution 03.161 - Authorizing amendments to .PRO registry agreement to implement second-level registration product offering: http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/advisory-31oct03.htm
- Resolution 05.01 - Approving implementation of ENG as new profession-specific second-level domain in .PRO: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-24jan05.htm
- Resolution 05.06 - Approving introduction of ING as new profession-specific second-level domain in .PRO: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-18feb05.htm
- Resolution __.2008 - Approving proposed changes to .PRO Registry Agreement; authorizing President and General Counsel to take appropriate actions to implement amendments: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/minutes-30apr08.htm
- Other resolutions TBD
- Amendment No. 2 to .PRO registry agreement: http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/agreements/unsponsored/registry-agmt-amendment2-25jan05.htm
- .PRO registry agreement: http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/agreements/pro/
- .PRO registry agreement was assigned from RegistryPro, Inc. to Registry Services Corporation on 18 February 2004: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/prelim-report-18feb04.htm
- ICANN Publishes Comprehensive Evaluation of the Introduction of the .aero, .biz, .coop, .info, .museum, .name and .pro gTLDs
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.