- Category: ccTLDs, International Agreements
- Topic: Memorandum of Understanding
- Board meeting date: 19 April 2004
- Resolution number: 04.38, 04.39
- URL for Board minutes/resolution: http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-19apr04.htm
- Status: Completed
Board authorizes the President, on ICANN's behalf, to enter into the ccTLD MoU for .ng (Nigeria).
Whereas, on 10 March 2000, in resolution 00.13, the Board authorized the President and staff to work with the ccTLD managers, Governmental Advisory Committee, and other interested parties to prepare draft language for ccTLD contracts, policy statements, and/or communications, including appropriate funding arrangements, to be presented to the Board and posted for public comment as soon as practicable;
Whereas, on 13 March 2001, in resolution 01.37, the Board directed ICANN management to press forward with continued vigor toward the completion of draft legacy agreements, and to pursue, as needed, acceptable ccTLD agreements;
Whereas, negotiators for NITDA and ICANN have reached agreement, subject to the ICANN Board's approval and final verification of translated data by ICANN staff, on the terms of the ccTLD MoU for the .ng top-level domain;
Whereas, the President recommends that authorization be given to enter into this agreement subject to the foregoing;
RESOLVED [04.38] that the President is authorized to enter into on behalf of ICANN the ccTLD MoU for .ng in substantially the form as provided to the Board, with any minor corrections or adjustments, and verification of documentation, as appropriate; and
RESOLVED [04.39] that, upon signature of the agreement, the President is authorized to take such actions as appropriate to implement the agreement.
- Redelegate .ng (Nigeria).
- Responsible entity: ICANN President supported by the Legal Department
- Due date: None provided
- Completion date: 9 June 2004
Other Related Resolutions
- Board Resolution 00.13, adopted on 10 March 2000, whereby the Board authorized the President and staff to work with the ccTLD managers, Governmental Advisory Committee, and other interested parties to prepare draft language for ccTLD contracts, policy statements, and/or communications.
- Board Resolution 01.37, adopted on 13 March 2001, whereby the Board directed ICANN management to complete drafts of legacy agreements, and to pursue, as needed, acceptable ccTLD agreements.
- Other resolutions TBD.
- A full list of ccTLD agreements is at: http://www.icann.org/en/cctlds/agreements.html.
- IANA Report on the Redelegation of the .ng Top-Level Domain is available at: http://www.iana.org/reports/2004/ng-report-10jun04.html.
- ccTLD financial contributions are invoiced annually.
- The resolution does not address funding for the items identified therein.
Explanatory text does not modify or override Resolutions. See Board Resolutions Page for more information.