NCSG Open Membership Meeting at ICANN #47 in Durban
16 July 2013
- Report from constituencies.
- Issue of NPOC representation on Nomcom
- Policy Issues
- Update from NCSG Policy Committee.
- discuss downgrading of rights to benefits in RAA
- discuss letter relating to GAC overreach
- How to proceed with EWG Draft Evaluation
- CEO discussions with NGO leaders
- Preparation for NCSG discussion with ICANN Board of Directors.
- Preserving ICANN's commitment to the bottom-up community-led model for Internet governance.
- Handling of NCSG Request for Reconsideration of ICANN's adoption of "TM+50" policy for Trademark Clearinghouse despite contrary policy guidance from GNSO Council. (CEP)
- Development of an inclusive outreach strategy / scaling participation in ICANN.
- GNSO Review / Restructuring - clarification of board's direction so as to align near-term efforts of SG and Constituencies.
- Concern over trend of policy movements toward censorship (control of Internet content via DNS). Example: GAC "safeguards" for new tlds.
- 6. Article 29 Working Party Letter of 6 June 2013 that says ICANN's proposed RAA violates privacy rights of European citizens - earlier engagement of data protection officials.